Type keyword(s) to search

Late Night With Seth Meyers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am glad you highlight these Closer Looks...I work early in the morning, and I have to watch the show a day late...by which time the whole health care effort collapsed. Meyers is doing such great work..when things are moving so quickly in so many directions it is hard to keep up. I used to rely on Jon Stewart...but I do love Seth. And has Donald gained 50 pounds...he looks obese. What is up with that?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, kib said:

I sure miss me some Craiggy Fergie.  Nice appearance, miss his voice.

He's got a daily radio show on Sirius now.  It's lovely.  Seth was on last week ...  3/22.  It's still OnDemand, but I think the shows are usually only up for a week.

lol, I actually had been wondering if any of those terms were real or not.  I know my pre-teen sometimes uses terms I'm not familiar with, so I could understand that I was out of it enough to have not heard of the terms Seth highlighted.  

I've really enjoyed the couple of remote pieces I've seen from Seth, like day drinking with Retta. He should do more of those.

It also occurred to me that he never does viewer interaction bits like reading tweets or small town news items. Maybe I'm alone in having liked those segments when Letterman, Carson and Leno did them. I think it would be good for Seth to break free of his Weekend Update box and branch out once in a while.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 2

Catching up on the show.  Is Joe Scarborough not wearing socks a thing?  It looks wierd.  Wish more republicans like Joe were in Congress.  The interview could have been a lot longer.  

• Love 1

I am glad that some of his voters are finally realizing he was a mistake, but come on guys, when did Trump ever give you the idea or promise that he was anything BUT a spoiled child? That was what baffled me about all the people who were like, yeah Trump really gets ME, and will help ME out, when it was like, what ever gave you that idea, when has he ever done anything that wasn't for himself? And again, those who were like, oh yeah he just is acting this way because he is campaigning, he is actually going to behave himself once he wins...umm...yeah not going to happen.

• Love 2

OK, maybe I am just tone deaf, why was this ad such a big deal? Is it because it is trivializing serious issues like protesting and keeping the peace? I mean it wasn't like the Pepsi suddenly turned the cop into a protester. And how "serious" was the "protest" that had the one girl next to Jenner happily clapping even before it was obvious Jenner was going to do anything? This seemed more like a bunch of people at the Macy's Parade than a "protest".

• Love 1
On March 31, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Lord Donia said:

I've really enjoyed the couple of remote pieces I've seen from Seth, like day drinking with Retta. He should do more of those.

It also occurred to me that he never does viewer interaction bits like reading tweets or small town news items. Maybe I'm alone in having liked those segments when Letterman, Carson and Leno did them. I think it would be good for Seth to break free of his Weekend Update box and branch out once in a while.

Maybe...once in a while...but lately, I live for "A Closer Look"...it's what Seth does best, IMO, and it serves as a tonic for me in the middle of all the insanity.

• Love 6

Another "campaign rally"? WTF? He has to be the only President to have started going on official "campaign rallies" within a couple weeks of taking the oath of office right? Where is the outrage over that? Didn't he tweet about how irresponsible it was for Obama to go out and campaign, for small windows during his administration stint? So...it is bad to do it during a window, but over the entire administration term it is A-OK?

• Love 1

Does Ryan watch the show, or does he have staff monitoring it and reporting to him? Do Dems snicker at him and mutter about Seth Meyers under their breath when they pass in the halls? Do his constituents send him links to the show?

• Love 3