Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Birthday In The Berks

• Start Topic

Only problem is I have no idea how to do that. I was very eager to see all the snark regarding these ladies and realized there was no thread.

If you are on a mobile site, go to the full site and you can find the way to start new threads.

• Love 1

Was this show worth watching? I tuned out after this ep ended. An hour of hard-looking, hard-edged broads (& their smarmy, icky-looking men) is quite enough for me, thanks.

I didn't really watch, but I was here for the snark. All I heard was a bunch of screechy voices.

I don't think Bethenny and Heather would have been there - it would have been the caregivers.  And I think choosing not to have one's children play with another person's children just because one doesn't like the other person is drawing children into one's disputes and taking it out on them.  They suffer as well.  I say this as someone who has had nursery school age children and understand the dynamic well. 

• Love 4

I too think LuAnn is gorgeous, she always looks effortlessly put together and dresses appropriately, but I also wasn't a fan of the dinner outfit.  Loved the dress and hair, but hated the boots and gloves.

Even with the somewhat logical and rational musings she spews every once in a while, Ramona will never change in my opinion.  She's still a shit-stirrer and then bails when things that she started get heavy.  And what's with the need to always bring a date to these events?  I guess she needs to show the other women (and Mario) that she's still got it going on.  

Reminds me of how hard Ramona's worked in past seasons to convince everyone that you can still set your watch by her menstrual cycle.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I don't think Bethenny and Heather would have been there - it would have been the caregivers. And I think choosing not to have one's children play with another person's children just because one doesn't like the other person is drawing children into one's disputes and taking it out on them. They suffer as well. I say this as someone who has had nursery school age children and understand the dynamic well.

Aren't H's kids appreciably older than four?

• Love 2
(edited)

Hmmm ... so then I guess maybe Heather meant the kids could play together at her house.  That's an even worse idea than them playing together at the hotel, quite frankly. 

Hey, I have an idea.  Why not ask Bethenny stay at her house, too, lol!   Heather just can't help being helpful.  I'm surprised she didn't offer.  

If Heather was completely oblivious to the fact that there was an issue between her and Bethenny, then why was she speaking so negatively about Bethenny at the Red Lion dinner?  She obviously has a problem with Bethenny, and I think she knows Bethenny has a problem with her.  All that stuff at the birthday dinner didn't just come out of nowhere.  

Re: kids playing together, maybe when your kids get older and can manage socializing by themselves it would be different, but we are talking about little kids whose socialization necessarily involves their parents.  And I am not personally interested in setting up playdates with kids whose parents I don't care for, especially when our kids are total strangers to each other.  There is just no reason.  And there are plenty of things to keep them busy in the Berkshires, I would guess.  It is not likely they were bored senseless and starved for the company of other kids. 

Well, in my experience, kids who are the same ages and Heather's and Beth's, really have no problems socializing with one another.  They are 5, 8 and 10.  LOL

To me, it was a spur of the moment nice gesture on Heather's part.  Not some sort of calculated move.  LOL

(eta - or 4,7 and 9 at that time)

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4
(edited)

Another good take on Heather with Bethenny, from a poster over at Vulture/Brian Boylans column:

"Heather entered this season mildly starstruck by Bethenny, assuming they would click immediately because as strong, ambitious business women, they're cut from the same cloth. When it didn't happen that way, Heather started grasping at straws to try and forge some sort of bond with her. Mothering the other housewives is usually Heather's MO but with Bethenny, it's never worked. Bethenny is repelled by it, in fact, and it's why there have been so many flare ups between them."

I also think that Heather has been trying too hard to fit in and be cool. And the pretty astute character assessor Bethenny smelled this act from Heather from the get go. And it's a real turn off for her. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

I think it's pretty standard to suggest play dates between children of women in a similar group. I actually think it was much more disgusting of Bethenny to take out her issues on Heather's children, and somewhat on her own, because she doesn't like Heather and has admitted not really having a real reason to dislike her.

And where will the mommies be during this lovely play-date?  Generally, if I recall all those years ago, I'd be hanging out with the other mommy and gossiping and having a cup of coffee and blah blah blah.  But Bethenny does not want to spend time with Heather at all.  So I understand why she doesn't want that play-date to happen.  I always thought arranging play-dates was more about enlarging the mommy's circle of available friends anyway!  At least before PreK when the kids start making friends for themselves.

• Love 5

It appeared to me that Heather, having been the recipient of Bethenny's overt rudeness in the previous weeks, had decided that she wasn't going to let it slide anymore.  I think she feels that the other women ignore Bethenny's brashness and don't bother to call her on it as to not wreak the Bethenny wrath.   So, Heather pushed and probed and gave tit for tat.  Until Bethenny cried.  When Bethenny cried, she won.

I thought the yellow roses on the table may have come from the bouquet brought by Ramona?   

How in the world did she "win" by acting like a complete asshole and making someone cry?  Heather cried, too.  Does that mean she lost?  Bethenny's only been rude to Heather when Heather's deserved it.  She pries into Bethenny's personal life, constantly pokes at sore points despite Bethenny repeatedly telling her she doesn't want to discuss it, and generally keeps putting Bethenny in a corner until she has no choice but to push back just to escape.

• Love 7

Well, in my experience, kids who are the same ages and Heather's and Beth's, really have no problems socializing with one another.  They are 5, 8 and 10.  LOL

To me, it was a spur of the moment nice gesture on Heather's part.  Not some sort of calculated move.  LOL

Yup - at 5 my daughter would have loved to play with an 8 year old girl.

• Love 3

I don't think Bethenny and Heather would have been there - it would have been the caregivers.  And I think choosing not to have one's children play with another person's children just because one doesn't like the other person is drawing children into one's disputes and taking it out on them.  They suffer as well.  I say this as someone who has had nursery school age children and understand the dynamic well. 

For one thing, Bethenny said that she waited until Brynn had gone to bed before she left the hotel, so obviously she wasn't available for an impromptu play date. And, as someone else pointed out, Heather's kids are quite a bit older than Brynn.  I doubt either Heather's 10 year old son or 8 year old daughter would be thrilled to be forced to play with a 4 year old.

• Love 2

By saying they are too young to handle their own socializing, I mean they can't schedule their own playdates or transport themselves to them.  They need me for that.  Which means me having to deal with some wench who is all up in my business when she knows I'm not interested.  Not happening. 

• Love 4

I had to LOL when Heather suggested the kiddies could have been playing together at the hotel.  Her ability to NOT GET IT continues to amaze me.

Bethenny clearly does not want to be friends with Heather.  What on earth would make Heather think Bethenny would want their kids playing together?  That was a dumb ass idea and felt like an attempt by Heather to use her kids to gain an "in" with Bethenny.  What a bad idea all the way around, especially given the notion that Bethenny has trouble trusting other women.  Being willing to use your kids to shoehorn your way into someone's life is not going to do much to overcome someone's trust issues.  It's actually pretty slimy.

As lame as that whole thing was, and as bad as Heather acted toward Bethenny at dinner, I still think the worst thing Heather did in this episode was go and bring up that ROL story Carole found about Ramona's date/business partner.  What a nasty little thing to do to some poor guy who isn't even a member of the cast.  She was totally sucking up to production with this, just trying to stir some drama up on camera.  And she just had to point out that the story was found by the show "journalist," Carole.  Way to lob your pal under the bus, asshole.  

I thought Heather's offer was kind and Bethenny response was nasty. Heather was suggesting something for the kids, not for her and Bethenny.

I thought Dorinda already had Ramona's number, given that she understood the Moaner was throwing Lu under the bus at the caviar dinner. But maybe that was something she said in her TH, and only realized after watching it all unfold? I'd really like to see Dorinda take Moaner to task. 

IMO, Dorinda did not realize that Ramona started that conversation about John and assumed Kristen did and that was why she reacted like she did. She now knows how it started and I will be looking for her to address Ramona much more than Kristen in her blog.

• Love 3

For one thing, Bethenny said that she waited until Brynn had gone to bed before she left the hotel, so obviously she wasn't available for an impromptu play date. And, as someone else pointed out, Heather's kids are quite a bit older than Brynn.  I doubt either Heather's 10 year old son or 8 year old daughter would be thrilled to be forced to play with a 4 year old.

My 3 year old grand daughter loves it when her older cousins play with her and the older ones love playing with her. Heather said that had she known Bethenny was coming and bringing Bryn, she would have suggested a play date, not that she was offering 1 right there and then.

• Love 8
(edited)

I was really turned off by Dorinda's reaction to what Ramona was saying, which pains me because so far I have LOVED Dorinda.  She basically just completely dismissed Ramona and told her she didn't know what the eff she was talking about.  The look on Ramona's face killed me.  It's not often that Ramona shows that side of herself and I can understand why if that's the sort of reaction she gets when she does.  

There is so much more I want to say about this episode but for now I'm going to read everyone else's comments.  So far, it seems pretty split down the middle in regards to the Bethenny/Heather feud.  I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning and I haven't decided yet if I want to wade into all that. lol

You may have been turned off, but speaking from experience Dorinda's comment was spot on. Yes, life is full of tragedy, losing jobs, losing my father then one year later my mother being diagnosed with lung cancer. I'll admit I didn't handle my mom very well (thankfully she survived and beat two additional cancers - my mom is a rockstar!) But in 2011 my son committed suicide while I slept in the room across the hall. I STILL am not functioning on any level. The comment Dorinda made about waking up in the morning, taking a shower today because she smelled like a goat and how things were never going to be ok . . . touched me in a way few things have in the last 3 years and 9 months.

I should add that, prior to his death I could accomplish pretty much anything I set my mind to. Where their is a will there is a way kinda person. Now, I can't even seem to get out of bed to get a free update on my cellphone.

I have much more to say about Heather and Bethany, but I need to finish reading everything else.

Edited by blueeyed
  • Love 17

I thought Heather's offer was kind and Bethenny response was nasty. Heather was suggesting something for the kids, not for her and Bethenny.

What did Bethenny do or say that was nasty?

It has been my experience that the mom's are totally expected to engage in at least a small amount of socializing during the playdate, if not actually hang out through out the whole thing.  Maybe at some point one mom can leave, but I can understand why Bethenny would not want to leave Bryn alone with Heather.  She'd probably pump the poor little girl for details on the custody situation and end up telling Bryn she needed to fix it. 

• Love 3

What did Bethenny do or say that was nasty?

It has been my experience that the mom's are totally expected to engage in at least a small amount of socializing during the playdate, if not actually hang out through out the whole thing.  Maybe at some point one mom can leave, but I can understand why Bethenny would not want to leave Bryn alone with Heather.  She'd probably pump the poor little girl for details on the custody situation and end up telling Bryn she needed to fix it. 

I get it, you do not like Heather but to think she would "pump" a child for info is reaching IMO.

Bethenny has a nanny/assistant for Bryn and that person could have stayed with Bryn and Heathers kids/nanny. Neither Bethnny nor Heather would be required to be present.

Bethenny reacted like she just heard Heather threaten her or called her a MFB, not that Heather said something nice.

• Love 7
(edited)

Heather is busier than a bedroom in a whorehouse.  It's not just this thing with Bethenny.  She always has to get involved and always has to take charge and always has to put people right and always has to have her girls' backs and always has to find a solution and on and on and on.  It was obvious to me--and apparently a lot of other people--that Bethenny had come to the house to be part of the show and interact with the other women etc.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if she'd been called out on her non-attendance of stuff by the Bravo PTB.  I don't think she turned up looking for a fight and I don't think she wanted to be anyone's special little snowflake especially not Heather's.  I mean seriously!  Bethenny's basically wearing a button that says 'Leave Me The Fuck Alone' and Heather doesn't care.  Well OK then Heather.  I guess you should be prepared for what comes next.  And tearful or not, my money is always on Bethenny in this kind of situation,

My money is on Beth too!  Oh, but only when the stakes are "who is the biggest, manic, crazy-eyed, orthorexic bitch in the room."

Yes, Heather should have left well enough alone. But all a normal, sane person (read: not Bethenny) had to do to get Heather "off her jock," so to speak, was to smile and say something like "Oh no, thanks for the offer, but I'm all set."  Instead, she had to go have a schizophrenic meltdown at an offer at a meatball. 

My gosh, IMO Heather makes a nice spur of the moment gesture.  And it gets analyzed with a magnifying glass......

Seriously! I don't even think Moaner got this much grief for throwing a wine glass at Kristen's face last season!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

My 3 year old grand daughter loves it when her older cousins play with her and the older ones love playing with her. Heather said that had she known Bethenny was coming and bringing Bryn, she would have suggested a play date, not that she was offering 1 right there and then.

Bethenny has made it so clear, so often, that she doesn't get to spend enough time with Brynn so, when she has her, she likes to make the most of it. If Heather were slightly more sensitive -- which is to say if Heather was sensitive at all -- she would understand that Bethenny wouldn't want to spend what little time she has with her daughter sitting aside and watching her attempt to play with the much older children of a near stranger who she doesn't particularly care for. 

My money is on Beth too!  Oh, but only when the stakes are "who is the biggest, manic, crazy-eyed, orthorexic bitch in the room."

Yes, Heather should have left well enough alone. But all a normal, sane person (read: not Bethenny) had to do to get Heather "off her jock," so to speak, was to smile and say something like "Oh no, thanks for the offer, but I'm all set."  Instead, she had to go have a schizophrenic meltdown at an offer at a meatball. 

Seriously! I don't even think Moaner got this much grief for throwing a wine glass at Kristen's face last season!

Bethenny DID do that!  That's pretty much EXACTLY what she did!  It was only when Heather kept hounding her and bringing other people into the ridiculous situation (whispering to Carole "Bethenny's allergic to fish" while Carole looked at her like, "And I care because...?") that Bethenny ended up losing her cool.  Heather's insufferable, and gets more so every season.

• Love 13

Why is Kristen on this show?  She adds nothing.  And her tagline drives me up the wall.  I'm sorry, but I do not think she's pretty.  A couple of episodes ago, they were all sitting around a table (I forget where it was), and I thought every single one of them looked far prettier than she did.  She's socially awkward, not too bright, and her life is not the slightest bit interesting.  I don't get it.  Why was this girl asked back?

I've wondered the same thing.  Ever since she announced that's she's preeeeetty, I've been spending part of every episode trying to see it and I just don't.  She's not ugly, but in my opinion she's nothing special in either looks or personality.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, blueeyed, I'm with you in the suicide department.  My husband committed suicide in 2007 and I still think about him every single day.  I DID go to therapy for two years and that really helped.  I'm so sorry about your son. I totally understood Dorinda's comment about smelling like a goat and the shower business.

On to the Heather/Beth feud, I think Heather just needs to give up trying so hard to be friends with Beth.  Just start ignoring the shit out of her and see how that feels.  It might just work.  Who knows?  I feel like Beth is just doing this whole return to Howives as some way to sell SkinnyGirl stuff.  So far, she's had every single item her company makes front and center a BUNCH of times!  And that million bucks probably didn't hurt her feelings either.  I actually enjoyed the first part of the ep when there was NO BETH for a few minutes! Seriously.  I tire of her stoopid bullshit.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 10

Bethenny has made it so clear, so often, that she doesn't get to spend enough time with Brynn so, when she has her, she likes to make the most of it. If Heather were slightly more sensitive -- which is to say if Heather was sensitive at all -- she would understand that Bethenny wouldn't want to spend what little time she has with her daughter sitting aside and watching her attempt to play with the much older children of a near stranger who she doesn't particularly care for. 

Bethenny DID do that!  That's pretty much EXACTLY what she did!  It was only when Heather kept hounding her and bringing other people into the ridiculous situation (whispering to Carole "Bethenny's allergic to fish" while Carole looked at her like, "And I care because...?") that Bethenny ended up losing her cool.  Heather's insufferable, and gets more so every season.

Or maybe Heather was just making a nice gesture....

And maybe Carole turned to Heather and asked her what was going on.  And that was Heather's reply.  And Carole reaction was oh, who cares.....

• Love 3

Reminded me a little of the "Scary Island" episode when Jill walked in on them with her big "Hiiiiiii".....the only difference here, was that the hostess (Dorinda) was gracious and welcoming, and most of the other guests followed her lead, excluding Heather.  

If I remember correctly, Bethenny was one of the people who froze Jill out when she showed up unexpectedly, after having declined the invitation (well, aside from all the other issues they were having).  

I think that Bethenny would have remembered how badly that went for Jill, and maybe she should have stuck with her original plan of not attending.

If Bethenny doesn't soften up her hard edges and lighten up on her unapologetic rudeness she is NOT going to be everyone's favorite anymore.  Well, except for Andy (and I guess he's the one that counts), because Andy loves a housewife who is snarky, rude and stirs up drama.

Jill was invited to "Scary Island" but could not go, she and Bobby already had plans, which she rearranged. She showed up unannounced just like Bethenny did tonight and everyone, including Heather, were fine with that, unlike how they treated Jill. That said, the atmosphere did change when Bethenny arrived last night and, IMO, it was not a good/happy change. Bethenny's arrival was like pouring ice water on everyone in the room.  JMO

There's a huge difference in the two scenarios......apples to space ships. Scary island had the build up for days of Kelly losing her shit and Jill being called THAT NIGHT to let her know everything that happened and her being asked to meet Kelly at the airport. Of course we all saw how Jill handled that info. Now if in the Berkshires Bethenny received a call from Dorinda the night before letting her know that they were sending the Countess home because she lost her shit and repeatedly slammed Ramona's face in a bowl of caviar and would Bethenny be so kind as to please meet her at the airport.........then if Bethenny just showed up anyway, that would they be close to being the same.
  • Love 2

My gosh, IMO Heather makes a nice spur of the moment gesture.  And it gets analyzed with a magnifying glass......

I don't think Heather had any agenda in suggesting the play date further than trying to find an 'in' with Bethenny.

And I also agree that kids under 10 will play with anyone.

However, let's just say Bryn and Ella had a play date and hit it off like a house on fire.  Then Bethenny might have to listen to Bryn whine about wanting to go play with Ella every damn day.  So why even go there when she can't stand Heather and it will cause nothing but 100% pain?

I'm not analyzing, just saying what I know to be a true pain in the ass when you don't like the parent(s).

• Love 3

Another good take on Heather with Bethenny, from a poster over at Vulture/Brian Boylans column:

"Heather entered this season mildly starstruck by Bethenny, assuming they would click immediately because as strong, ambitious business women, they're cut from the same cloth. When it didn't happen that way, Heather started grasping at straws to try and forge some sort of bond with her. Mothering the other housewives is usually Heather's MO but with Bethenny, it's never worked. Bethenny is repelled by it, in fact, and it's why there have been so many flare ups between them."

I also think that Heather has been trying too hard to fit in and be cool. And the pretty astute character assessor Bethenny smelled this act from Heather from the get go. And it's a real turn off for her. 

I don't think Heather has acted that different this season from past seasons. She didn't have Beth slapping her down at ever turn in the past, so, there is that.

Heather wanted to get along with Beth, I don't see that a flaw.

I would not put Beth in charge of who is or is not "Cool".

• Love 11
(edited)

The squished posts are probably because u are on a moblie phone and using FULL VERSION

No, even the full site is vey distorted thanks to the ad banners now appearing in the right frame. I wish there was a way users could vote on preferred layout for the site because this updated format is hella annoying.

Back on topic, I would never set up a play date for my child with someone whose parents I did not care for, much less despised. If the kids hit it off you're bound to be in for some aggravating times.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 13

First off....Kristen just BUGS.

dont find her preeeety...he features are way to angular...she would be ok as a model because shes skinny, but I sure dont find hrr a great beauty. Worst is her voice...the way she enunciates each syllable like what she is saying is so important. Totally bugs.

Davina is a good Greek Chorus this year.

Re Beather: Heather is either a complete idiot who has no ability to read body language and actions OR she is taking jabs at Beth every chance she gets. I vote for the later...

Heather needs to figure out that if u keep reoeatedly poking the bear with a stick, Bethbear is gonna snap

• Love 7
(edited)

Didn't Heather call Bethanny out on goofing around with Sonja at the table during dinner. Then after arguing with Bethanny, Heather essentially told her to go have fun talking to others. LOL, that is what she was doing when Heather got all pissy. I guess she worried that Bethanny was missing her (Heather's) roasting of that guy.

Go away Kristen! Leave! The only thing memorable about you is that annoying voice saying "I'm pretty" (and the mismatched shoes, Elvis obsession, cute kid….ok, 4 things). I wouldn't be a fan of Kristen even if I didn't care about her friendship with skanky bg.

Team (sticking with the 90s/00s terminology) Kyle/Bethanny is awesome. Not liking team bg/kristen.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

First off....Kristen just BUGS.

dont find her preeeety...he features are way to angular...she would be ok as a model because shes skinny, but I sure dont find hrr a great beauty. Worst is her voice...the way she enunciates each syllable like what she is saying is so important. Totally bugs.

Davina is a good Greek Chorus this year.

Re Beather: Heather is either a complete idiot who has no ability to read body language and actions OR she is taking jabs at Beth every chance she gets. I vote for the later...

Heather needs to figure out that if u keep reoeatedly poking the bear with a stick, Bethbear is gonna snap

Who is Davina? 

Hey, if it is the latter, then Beth and Heather really ARE 2 peas in a pod.  Cuz Skinnygirl sure hasn't wasted any time taking snarky shots at Heather.  Especially in her talking heads.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'd actually be frightened of putting my hypothetical child in Heather's custody. I can just imagine it...

"Brynn, sweetie, are you sure you don't want any apple juice? Jax and Ella are having some."

[one minute later]

"Actually, Brynn, I've decided you're malnourished. I'm not taking you home until you've finished the 16oz glass I poured you."

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 7

Heather/Bethanny: Here's my POV FWIW

Beth does Not Want To Be There or Make Friends or Lighten Up or" Be" on the Show  She wants to phone it in and collect her paycheck. 

Heather's push to befriend her  or be helpful to her  or even vindictively poke her   -has Bethanny wanting desperately to Scream out all that truth.  And it's very stressful to hold it back.

There's a reason she's doing the show..but it's not because she wanted to.  

I think Heather's half clueless and half intuitive side is saying  "Bethanny's dying to tell us something!"  What is it Bethanny?? What's wrong?? -(-as Bethanny keeps her had from spinning 3 times around and spewing--so that's kinda funny). Her cognitive side is saying Hey! Be effin' friendly! How dare you come on this show and and treat us all like we smell bad!  HOLLA!!  Yeah Holla fellow hoodlum -ettes!  LOL

• Love 3

Or maybe Heather was just making a nice gesture....

Again.  Gah!  At some point when you make gesture after gesture after gesture and none are welcomed, your gestures start to be perceived as inconsiderate, pushy and fucking annoying. If you are really interested in being helpful and considerate, your first move should be knocking your gestures the hell off. 

Oh for Pete's sake, I was JOKING.  Let's not take this so seriously!!!

Hey! This is similar to what Heather said to Bethenny across the dinner table.

Yeah, but Heather said it with a snarl.  Me, nah.  Believe me, when I am snarling as I post, you'll know it! 

• Love 4

Well, blueeyed, I'm with you in the suicide department.  My husband committed suicide in 2007 and I still think about him every single day.  I DID go to therapy for two years and that really helped.  I'm so sorry about your son. I totally understood Dorinda's comment about smelling like a goat and the shower business.

On to the Heather/Beth feud, I think Heather just needs to give up trying so hard to be friends with Beth.  Just start ignoring the shit out of her and see how that feels.  It might just work.  Who knows?  I feel like Beth is just doing this whole return to Howives as some way to sell SkinnyGirl stuff.  So far, she's had every single item her company makes front and center a BUNCH of times!  And that million bucks probably didn't hurt her feelings either.  I actually enjoyed the first part of the ep when there was NO BETH for a few minutes! Seriously.  I tire of her stoopid bullshit.

I'm fairly certain that it Heather were to "ignore the shit out of" Bethenny, Bethenny would be grateful and thrilled beyond belief.  I think many of us would be.

• Love 11

Was this show worth watching?  I tuned out after this ep ended.  An hour of hard-looking, hard-edged broads (& their smarmy, icky-looking men) is quite enough for me, thanks.

I couldn't keep all the blondes straight!  And the one husband(?I think?) with the slicked-back greasy hair was soooo unappealing!  But .. I'll watch another ep.

• Love 1
Again.  Gah!  At some point when you make gesture after gesture after gesture and none are welcomed, your gestures start to be perceived as inconsiderate, pushy and fucking annoying. If you are really interested in being helpful and considerate, your first move should be knocking your gestures the hell off.

The first time Bethenny said she was fine and didn't want anything was the last time Heather should've brought it up.

• Love 10

Oh for Pete's sake, I was JOKING.  Let's not take this so seriously!!!   

Sorry, it did not read as a "joke" to me so I responded as I did. Sorry I misunderstood your intent/meaning.

• Love 1

I thought

the comments

were squished

because this 

is sponsored

by 

Skinnygirl

comments.

Wow. That's a good one!

No, even the full site is vey distorted thanks to the ad banners now appearing in the right frame. I wish there was a way users could vote on preferred layout for the site because this updated format is hella annoying.

I think the vote would be unanimous (old!), but it wouldn't matter - it's all about the ads. :(

• Love 5

Didn't Heather call Bethanny out on goofing around with Sonja at the table during dinner. Then after arguing with Bethanny, Heather essentially told her to go have fun talking to others. LOL, that is what she was doing when Heather got all pissy. I guess she worried that Bethanny was missing her (Heather's) roasting of that guy.

Go away Kristen! Leave! The only thing memorable about you is that annoying voice saying "I'm pretty" (and the mismatched shoes, Elvis obsession, cute kid….ok, 4 things). I wouldn't be a fan of Kristen even if I didn't care about her friendship with skanky bg.

Team (sticking with the 90s/00s terminology) Kyle/Bethanny is awesome. Not liking team bg/kristen.

IMO, Heather did that because Ramona's date/friend kept looking at them when they were cackling as he was talking about his business's, he looked like he felt they were laughing at him. JMO

• Love 12

Full credit to Beth with coming up will product that has a niche in the spirits category.  Was her exposure and popularity on RHNY a very significant key to the product's success and her deal with Beam?  Absolutely.  Without it, I don't think the brand would have had the success it had in the first few years nor would Beam have paid the money it did for it.

Interesting that in 2013 Skinnygirl sales dropped dramatically.  Was it because similar products were being introduced into the market or that Beth was certainly losing a lot of popularity?  Probably a bit of both.  Beam was bought out by Suntory and it's now Beam Suntory.  The company put plans to expand Skinnygirl into the European market on hold and they don't even mention the sales of Skinnygirl in their reports. 

Ummm...maybe because her stuff tastes like watered down urine water?  

In one summer weekend, I tried both Skinny Girl Margaritas, Skinny Girl Pina Coladas and that drek BLK water from the Manzo brothers of Real Housewives of NJ.  Given the choice, I would drink the BLK water.  

• Love 10

I think the real problem with Bethenny is that she is now so enmeshed in the public persona that she has created (quick witted, snarky, outspoken tough girl) that she honestly doesn't know who the "real" Bethenny is, and she is actually afraid to find that out.  She is afraid to be perceived any way other than the personality she has created for herself, and when someone hits too close to breaking down that wall and trying to reach out to the real person behind it, as Heather tries to do (in a not so great way), Bethenny strikes out like a viper.

Nailed it!

• Love 7