Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Birthday In The Berks

• Start Topic

And maybe just maybe Heather is thinking of, and treating Bethenny like the coworker she is. Maybe just maybe Heather knew of a park nearby where the kids could play. No matter how much Bethenny wants to pretend she's above all these other women, she's a desperate harpy trying to keep her 15 minute flame burning just like the rest of them. Despite their attempts to be welcoming and friendly to her, Bethenny has treated her coworkers horribly. And yet they stupidly keep trying to include her in things. What they should do now is give her the space she wants. Ignore her. Have fun without her. Follow Jill's advice and just film around her. Eventually hopefully she'll just fade away.

Noone saw the actual start of the "fix it" conversation so noone knows who started it (although didn't another HW say Bethenny was the one who brought it up that night). Since we have seen her bring it up randomly to her real estate broker (followed by yet another bullshit crying session), it's not much of a stretch to believe she brings it up often.

That describes Bethenny's entire existence for S1-3 no?? She was an asshole and snarked on everyone from day 1.

Karma is a bitch Beth...surely you've heard that one before right?

OK, now you're just being extra-topical. I was referring to your post, "Heather is completely overbearing but it's not that big of a deal. Just be polite and try to move on." No where did I mention Bethenny's actions in S1-3. And yeah, I know Karma. Good intentions beget the same. It also says one needs to be emotionally aware, which is something some people have to be reminded of, evidently.

I just don't see this awful Bethenny mistreating everyone. she's taking pix of LuAnn, giggling with Sonja and Ramona, speaking with Dorinda and John.

Heather tells her that she, B, and Sonja need to listen to everyone else and when B replies "we have a right to have a conversation," responds with "you need to lighten up." Seriously, fuck you, Heather. She had just been accused of grilling R's date, so she was out of line there as well.

Yes!

Heather overstepped again.  I had absolutely no impression of Heather before this season.  I had stopped watching RHONY after Bethenny left so this is my first season back after a few years.   So far, she's not making a good impression on me.  I don't know if she has good intentions or not but right now it seems like she's trying to force a relationship with a Bethenny but by doing so,  she's pushing all of Bethenny's buttons.  

Bethenny  (like everyone else) can talk about her situation whenever and to whomever she wants to discuss it.  Obviously, Heather is not one of those people.   Aside from that..........a birthday dinner with the entire cast and their significant others is certainly not the place to do it.

• Love 6
(edited)

The squished posts are probably because u are on a moblie phone and using FULL VERSION

I'm on a laptop and it's very squished.  Really hard to maneuver and read.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?  Putting the ads on the left side would probably be better, wouldn't it?   It's very awkward the way it is now.

Edited by DebbieM4

If she has a "situation" that can't be discussed on tv then maybe she should not have signed up for another season. No other HW gets to keep certain things about their lives private, so why does she expect it.

I didn't say she had a situatoin that can't be discussed on TV.  You, or whoever it was, was saying that Bethenny has discussed her situation in front of Heather and the others.  I'm saying she has only done so in the context of explaining her frequent absences, not in the context of, "Hey, let's all focus on me and talk about my troubles" or otherwise confiding, particularly in Heather.  So I'm saying, when she's challenged on her absence, which is caused by her need to be with her daughter, what else is she supposed to do but explain that?  Lie?

• Love 4
(edited)
FWIW, "ratings" don't register to me. These boards do and pages have multiplied exponentially this season. People are watching, people are involved.

Ratings clearly matter to Satan Andy & the execs at Bravo.  If they stink, Bravo could cancel the show -- or force major changes.  They obviously matter to Bethenny cuz she mentioned them in her latest Bravo blog.  She was brought back to the show & paid a million bucks for the SOLE reason to drive up ratings cuz they stunk last season.  And it ain't happening, so you can bet she's really concerned about it.

So you can say dismissively you don't care about ratings, but if they stay as lousy as they are, this show could get cancelled.  I know I don't want that.  But maybe bringing in Bethenny was just not the answer to save the show.  The lack of improvement in ratings are a reflection of it.  I just know Satan Andy is getting a lot of shit from the Bravo execs for throwing that million bucks at her & not getting anything in return.  And Bethenny was probably hoping she'd get another show on Bravo.  Me doubts it -- a lot.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

You may have been turned off, but speaking from experience Dorinda's comment was spot on. Yes, life is full of tragedy, losing jobs, losing my father then one year later my mother being diagnosed with lung cancer. I'll admit I didn't handle my mom very well (thankfully she survived and beat two additional cancers - my mom is a rockstar!) But in 2011 my son committed suicide while I slept in the room across the hall. I STILL am not functioning on any level. The comment Dorinda made about waking up in the morning, taking a shower today because she smelled like a goat and how things were never going to be ok . . . touched me in a way few things have in the last 3 years and 9 months.

I should add that, prior to his death I could accomplish pretty much anything I set my mind to. Where their is a will there is a way kinda person. Now, I can't even seem to get out of bed to get a free update on my cellphone.

I have much more to say about Heather and Bethany, but I need to finish reading everything else.

I just wanted to send out a hug.  Losing a child is the worst thing that can ever happen to parent.  That is 'hell'. 

You can only do the best you can.

• Love 13
Or she is just sick of someone she doesn't cotton to constantly trying to ingratiate herself, pry into her business, s/mother her, and correct her behavior.

Could be. And if so, then she should get herself off of my tv so then noone would care about her mother/father/custody issues. But as long as she keeps taking a paycheck and talking about them....

Just because Bethenny doesn't want to be pals with Heather and talk about her personal business with Heather means she can't be on the show?  Really?

Bethenny seems fine talking about her business with other people on the show except Heather.  It is pointed out over and over how much she talks about her business all the time to everyone.  Why is her choice to not talk to Heather a deal breaker?  Heather is not special.  No member of the cast is under a contractual obligation to humor her ass.  Although Heather seems to think they are. 

Bethenny may choose to get into her personal business with other people until the cows come home, but does not mean she is obligated to do so with Heather.  And it's just tough shit if Heather doesn't like it.  She can turn in her walking papers if it is such a huge issue for her.  But Bethenny shouldn't have to. 

• Love 9

Ratings clearly matter to Satan Andy & the execs at Bravo. If they stink, Bravo could cancel the show -- or force major changes. They obviously matter to Bethenny cuz she mentioned them in her latest Bravo blog. She was brought back to the show & paid a million bucks for the SOLE reason to drive up ratings cuz they stunk last season. And it ain't happening, so you can bet she's really concerned about it.

So you can say dismissively you don't care about ratings, but if they stay as lousy as they are, this show could get cancelled. I know I don't want that. But maybe bringing in Bethenny was just not the answer to save the show. The lack of improvement in ratings are a reflection of it. I just know Satan Andy is getting a lot of shit from the Bravo execs for throwing that million bucks at her & not getting anything in return. And Bethenny was probably hoping she'd get another show on Bravo. Me doubts it -- a lot.

I read Andy's book. He had nothing to do with the salary negotiations. I doubt that anyone is on his case about this. And, "nothing in return" is a stretch. I, for one, am watching again and so are others who had stopped bothering with Aviva, Carole and Heather. LuAnn and Bethenny are back and that's fine with me.

• Love 7

I just watched the clip of Fredrik Eklund on WWHL pertaining to Bethenny and he does not "deny being her friend or knowing her very well at all." In fact, he literally says, "she's my friend, she's my client." To what extent that is true I don't know and don't really care - if Bethenny feels comfortable sharing her personal trials with a realtor she knows from the network; a camera; or a random dog on the sidewalk and yet doesn't feel comfortable doing the same with Heather, that's Bethenny's prerogative. Heather is not entitled to any bonding or friendship with Bethenny just because Bethenny opens up to anyone else. Consent is kind of important in relationships. It's a bizarre double standard to me that Heather's "helpfulness" (an explanation that totally and disingenuously discounts direct aggression like, "I'm going to have to separate you two," and duplicity like rolling eyes and snorting at Lu's attribution of Bethenny's prickliness to personal problems) is "not a big deal" so Bethenny should just tolerate it. Well, Heather doesn't really know Bethenny and Bethenny has telegraphed that she isn't interested in forming deep ties with Heather, so why doesn't Heather then just desist with behavior that repeatedly elicits a pejorative response? No big deal, after all. And Heather has never been one to tolerate ANYTHING even when disagreements didn't even involve her. "You don't fuck with people's careers." She couldn't help but gleefully tell Amanda, Aviva, and her own husband what to do repeatedly. Carole didn't even seem invested enough in BookGate to revisit the topic after she had her one outburst at Aviva's house but Heather had to commandeer the fight until she was at its eye and gotten aggressive with her own husband on national television. And at the housewarming Heather was so desperate to control the discourse/narrative that she quickly shifted from lecturing everyone about what it takes to write a book to saying "well, none of us know" after Sonja deflated her chest-puffery by mentioning that Carole often spoke of "being on the phone with her ghostwriter" (okay, then why was Heather waxing expert if none of them know?). Heather has always been extra messy about chasing conflict and disputes. I don't even think that her editing has shifted significantly this season; she's just drawn a more popular opponent than Aviva.

• Love 13
I read Andy's book. He had nothing to do with the salary negotiations. I doubt that anyone is on his case about this.

He produces the show.  He had EVERYTHING to do with it.  You are dead wrong.  Ratings matter to everyone involved with the show.  And yes, I know for a fact they'll be all over him for making the decision to bring her back & it doesn't work out cuz the ratings stink.  And right now the ratings are not great.  I can see Sonja being delusional about ratings -- and everything else.  But I don't choose to be delusional.  Guess others do (besides Sonja)

• Love 4

I'm on a laptop and it's very squished.  Really hard to maneuver and read.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?  Putting the ads on the left side would probably be better, wouldn't it?   It's very awkward the way it is now.

I'm on my iPad now and the ads take up 1/3 of the screen on the right side. I think it was better with the ads scattered in between posts. This new format makes me feel like I'm leaning. It's awkward, off balance, not pleasing to the eye and frankly, quite annoying.

• Love 8

That shit about wanting to leave a wall up is serious crazy talk. Made me uncomfortable as hell.  Sorry, but if I actually heard someone in real life say something like that I'd think they were in urgent need of psychiatric help.  I just didn't get the connection of Bethenny then saying she could be a crying heap or mess on the floor.  If this description of herself is accurate, she should be checked into a mental health facility & should in no way be responsible for caring for a child. 

But we know this is not an accurate description.  It's just more idiotic bullshit being thrown at us by Bethenny.  And it's also her overly dramatic way of telling Heather to get the fuck away from her & to leave her alone.

I actually *wish* it were more of the "idiotic bullshit" variety. Unfortunately for us all, she has in fact been breaking down in tears at the slightest hint of a meatball. She can't deal, she doesn't want to deal, and she shouldn't be on the show.

• Love 6

I don't think Heather had any agenda in suggesting the play date further than trying to find an 'in' with Bethenny.

And I also agree that kids under 10 will play with anyone.

However, let's just say Bryn and Ella had a play date and hit it off like a house on fire.  Then Bethenny might have to listen to Bryn whine about wanting to go play with Ella every damn day.  So why even go there when she can't stand Heather and it will cause nothing but 100% pain?

I'm not analyzing, just saying what I know to be a true pain in the ass when you don't like the parent(s).

Maybe Jason could take her.....

Again.  Gah!  At some point when you make gesture after gesture after gesture and none are welcomed, your gestures start to be perceived as inconsiderate, pushy and fucking annoying. If you are really interested in being helpful and considerate, your first move should be knocking your gestures the hell off. 

Yeah, but Heather said it with a snarl.  Me, nah.  Believe me, when I am snarling as I post, you'll know it! 

I don't think you could call it gesture after gesture after gesture.  Keep in mind, this happened before dinner. 

Bethenny's real estate broker is a close, personal friend.  There's a world of difference between crying to your close friend about how difficult it is to not have a fixed home for your child (especially when the friend is in the business of helping you find a home) and confiding in Heather Thomson, who you can't stand and who is so pathetically desperate to be confided in.

Not according to Fredrick. 

I don't know if co-workers expect their kids to have play dates.  That seems like more of a friend thing to me. Or maybe an "our kids go to school together" thing.  

Well, their kids don't go to school together.  They don't know each other at all.  And given that Bethenny doesn't seem interested in being Heather's friend at this point, I can see why she doesn't want to do anything to bring about more social contact between them than the show requires.  Especially if it is going to involve her child.  Really, Bryn should not be dragged into the situation.  The two women don't get along at all.  Why would either one of them want to foster a relationship between Bryn and Heather's kids?  So they can be exposed to the arguments and awkwardness? 

The whole play date thing felt like another attempt by Heather to back Bethenny into a corner and make her "bond" against her will.  I am glad Bethenny didn't let it happen.  

Gosh, Heather wasn't exactly calculating that her and Beth's kids should become besties and calling Beth to have a play date with her kids.  They both were up in the mountains.  Both their children happen to be there away from home while their mothers were filming.  So, on the spur of the moment Heather says something about the kids getting together. 

• Love 4

He produces the show. He had EVERYTHING to do with it. You are dead wrong. Ratings matter to everyone involved with the show. And yes, I know for a fact they'll be all over him for making the decision to bring her back & it doesn't work out cuz the ratings stink. And right now the ratings are not great. I can see Sonja being delusional about ratings -- and everything else. But I don't choose to be delusional. Guess others do (besides Sonja)

I assure you that I am not delusional enough to believe that you have any more "facts" about Andy Cohen and the Bravo hierarchy than I do.

Just because Bethenny doesn't want to be pals with Heather and talk about her personal business with Heather means she can't be on the show?  Really?

Bethenny seems fine talking about her business with other people on the show except Heather.  It is pointed out over and over how much she talks about her business all the time to everyone.  Why is her choice to not talk to Heather a deal breaker?  Heather is not special.  No member of the cast is under a contractual obligation to humor her ass.  Although Heather seems to think they are. 

Bethenny may choose to get into her personal business with other people until the cows come home, but does not mean she is obligated to do so with Heather.  And it's just tough shit if Heather doesn't like it.  She can turn in her walking papers if it is such a huge issue for her.  But Bethenny shouldn't have to. 

But she has talked about it in front of Heather in general conversation with a group of the HWs. The limo was 1 of the times she was addressing Heather about it more than the others. If she does not want the topic of her custody issues discussed by anyone, including Heather, then she should not have brought it up, she could have easily said the SG business got in the way of whatever time/attendance question she was asked. Betheny is no fool and knew that the custody storyline would garner her more fan/viewer support/sympathy than her SG business.  JMO

• Love 3
(edited)
I actually *wish* it were more of the "idiotic bullshit" variety. Unfortunately for us all, she has in fact been breaking down in tears at the slightest hint of a meatball. She can't deal, she doesn't want to deal, and she shouldn't be on the show.

See, but wasn't this the shtick she's been throwing out in whatever Bravo show she's in?  I don't believe it.  I mean, yeah, she's going thru a lot of awful stuff.  We all do -- and we get thru it without whining & crying about it publicly.  If she's this much of a mess, then Jim Beam should break their contract with her, take all their dough back & leave her broke & penniless.  That'll give her something to go loony over.  Seriously, if she's this much of a mess, why would Jim Beam bother to be in business with her for tens of millions.  These fits of craziness make no sense

.I assure you that I am not delusional enough to believe that you have any more "facts" about Andy Cohen and the Bravo hierarchy than I do.

If anyone thinks ratings don't matter then 'nuff said.  At least Sonja has some delusional company tho.  That's nice.  This totally reminds me of how I actually missed Sonja's world of babble & nonsense in this ep.  At least she can be a bit of a hoot -- er, sometimes.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Maybe Jason could take her.....

I don't think you could call it gesture after gesture after gesture.  Keep in mind, this happened before dinner. 

Not according to Fredrick. 

Gosh, Heather wasn't exactly calculating that her and Beth's kids should become besties and calling Beth to have a play date with her kids.  They both were up in the mountains.  Both their children happen to be there away from home while their mothers were filming.  So, on the spur of the moment Heather says something about the kids getting together. 

Good Grief, it wasn't as if Heather was even offering a play date. Heather said that had she, Bethenny, known that she was going to bring Bryn up to the local hotel she could/would have arranged a play date. Heather was not asking Bethenny for a future play date between their kids!

• Love 7

[quote name="Celia Rubenstein" post="1210673"

Heather is not special. No member of the cast is under a contractual obligation to humor her ass. Although Heather seems to think they are.

These exact words apply to Bethenny as well. She is on an ensemble show. She doesn't get to pick and choose who she wants to interact with and who she wants to ignore. Aside from Heather she seems not to fond of speaking to Kristen either.

I find it hard to believe if one of the other women said you know what, I'm not feeling Ramona, so I'm just going to ignore her. She can't speak to me, can't ask me questions, can try to be nice, she just has to ignore me. I'm thinking that kind of attitude wouldn't get her very far.

• Love 2

See, but wasn't this the shtick she's been throwing out in whatever Bravo show she's in?  I don't believe it.  I mean, yeah, she's going thru a lot of awful stuff.  We all do -- and we get thru it without whining & crying about it publicly.  If she's this much of a mess, then Jim Beam should break their contract with her, take all their dough back & leave her broke & penniless.  That'll give her something to go loony over.  Seriously, if she's this much of a mess, why would Jim Beam bother to be in business with her for tens of millions.  These fits of craziness make no sense

If you think ratings don't matter then 'nuff said.  At least Sonja has some delusional company tho.  That's nice.

ITA! It's an act, poor me, I was raised by wolves, poor me, my mother was horrid, poor me, my father didn't have anything to do with me, poor me, my mother is nuts, poor me, my mother was beaten all the time by her 2nd husband, poor me, I am pregnant getting married, poor me, my in-laws want time with my family, poor me, I want to divorce my husband, poor me, my talk show failed big time, poor me, I only got shared custody of my daughter, poor me, my soon to be ex wants more than I want to give, poor me, poor me, poor me, HEY, did I say poor me enough so that you will buy what I am trying to sell? I will take "bossy" (Heather) over "whiney" (Bethenny) any day of the week! LOL

• Love 7

There is NO comparison between Heather's rather egotistical bossiness/extreme "helpfulness " and Bethenny's tiresome whining, haughty behavior, and vampiric fun sucking aura, demeanor, and attitude.

• Love 8

What I've learned today:  Play dates are much more serious than I even thought.  Never set up a play date with a kid whose parent you don't like.  Is it ok for them to go to birthday parties where you don't like the other parents?  Did I spend those hours at Chuckie Cheese for nothing?

Darn - I did it all wrong.  I hope I didn't screw up my kids.  I thought it was about them, not me.  Oh wait, they're doing just fine (in their early twenties) and I don't recall ever having discussions now about play dates or having regrets over play dates.  But that's just me...just sayin. 

• Love 11

I'm on my iPad now and the ads take up 1/3 of the screen on the right side. I think it was better with the ads scattered in between posts. This new format makes me feel like I'm leaning. It's awkward, off balance, not pleasing to the eye and frankly, quite annoying.

My smartphone is the same format.

See, but wasn't this the shtick she's been throwing out in whatever Bravo show she's in?  I don't believe it.  I mean, yeah, she's going thru a lot of awful stuff.  We all do -- and we get thru it without whining & crying about it publicly ... Seriously, if she's this much of a mess, why would Jim Beam bother to be in business with her for tens of millions.  These fits of craziness make no sense.

Heck if I know! It's obvious she thrives on chaos and misery, but she must be able to get it together enough at least to handle business meetings. I'm a tad surprised they haven't paid her to disengage from the business by now. Her image isn't doing them any favors.

• Love 1
Her image isn't doing them any favors.

Maybe we can assume Jim Beam doesn't care -- or they are trusting she's not gonna do anything too over the top.  Well, she really isn't doing anything she hasn't done before -- is she?  Jim Beam knew what they were getting into when they threw all that dough at her.  This is who she is.  She's not doing porn.  She's not doing anything illegal.  Altho that peeing by the side of the road . . .

• Love 3

Wait, Heather isn't whining? Maybe not literally - oh, wait, she actually is doing it literally when she breaks down into tears after (shocker) the forty-year-old woman to whom she said "I'm going to have to separate you two" and whose hand she grabbed after being repeatedly told to desist didn't respond pleasantly. A similar plaintiveness is consistent throughout her amazement that Bethenny didn't care to pursue Heather's oh-so-important news that Kristen was "hurt" ("what a bitch!") and her aggrieved befuddlement that Bethenny didn't want her to commandeer the food situation while Bethenny was addressing Dorinda ("I can't even offer her . . . "). Bethenny may have been raised by wolves, but Heather is always (ALWAYS!) the victim and offended party. Even when she's dropping the "motherfuckers," "fuckin"s, the "g"s on her nouns, screaming at her co-workers, hissing at her husband, talking shit about Ramona and Sonja behind their backs (even though she really *cares* about them), and insisting that she was just trying to sympathize with Bethenny (have I mentioned she cares?) when she sighed, "pffft. Divorce and a bitter, extended custody battle? I just had to find a new nanny! What about MY struggle? Holla!"

• Love 12

Ugh, Twitter is eviscerating Heather. She has said that she behaved horribly and owns it, but also said in response to one comment "thanks Mama I'm taking a beating with her editing stick."

To which Bethenny sub-tweeted her, saying all righteous, "@Bethenny: Hold up white girl. R we blaming editing at this point? In 9 seasons of reality tv i've done i've never done that. #itaintthehills"

So gross. And the comments beneath THAT are really foul.

More of Bethenny's pseudo-racist shit. I hate that.

• Love 4

So here's the gist of the 'conversation' (anybody want to correct. No problem) : 

Heather:  that's so nice..  I wish I had known because my kids are here too.

Beth:  Are they really?

Heather:  Yeah.  So next time you'll....you know what I mean.

Beth:  I know but wanted it to be a surprise but she's going to bed anyway.

Heather:  No.  I get it. I get it.

Yikes.  This is some campaign on the part of Heather to set up some 'play date' with Beth or getting an 'in' with Beth or ulterior motives on the part of Heather?  Gosh.  All I saw and heard was polite conversation with a nice gesture.  I didn't get any dismissive retort by Beth.  Just pleasantries with no inner motives.....

And no one said 'play date'......

• Love 14

Heather vs. Bethenny reminded me of when I go out to eat with my mother and I don't order a full meal or only eat a small portion of it before asking for a bag. My mother gets overbearing and smothering about it. Of course, she's my mother, not a woman with whom I am filming a reality show.

SLITZ, ON 03 JUN 2015 - 08:55 AM, SAID:
I was really turned off by Dorinda's reaction to what Ramona was saying, which pains me because so far I have LOVED Dorinda.  She basically just completely dismissed Ramona and told her she didn't know what the eff she was talking about.  The look on Ramona's face killed me.  It's not often that Ramona shows that side of herself and I can understand why if that's the sort of reaction she gets when she does. 

You may have been turned off, but speaking from experience Dorinda's comment was spot on. Yes, life is full of tragedy, losing jobs, losing my father then one year later my mother being diagnosed with lung cancer. I'll admit I didn't handle my mom very well (thankfully she survived and beat two additional cancers - my mom is a rockstar!) But in 2011 my son committed suicide while I slept in the room across the hall. I STILL am not functioning on any level. The comment Dorinda made about waking up in the morning, taking a shower today because she smelled like a goat and how things were never going to be ok . . . touched me in a way few things have in the last 3 years and 9 months.

I should add that, prior to his death I could accomplish pretty much anything I set my mind to. Where their is a will there is a way kinda person. Now, I can't even seem to get out of bed to get a free update on my cellphone.

My best thoughts to the both of you.

I thought this was the most "real" part of the episode, and it happened rather quickly. And I feel for Ramona, too, because I get where she's coming from. While a divorce and an only child moving out of state are very difficult adjustments (especially at the same time!), they're not the same kind of tragedy as a spouse dying of illness.

Interesting that we didn't see any of Ramona and LuAnn's car ride. I can't help but wonder (sorry, Carole, for stealing a Bradshawism) if they weren't filmed and they practiced the apology-scene-in-the-store together. Both were rather calm and collected about the whole thing, no?

• Love 1

Heck if I know! It's obvious she thrives on chaos and misery, but she must be able to get it together enough at least to handle business meetings. I'm a tad surprised they haven't paid her to disengage from the business by now. Her image isn't doing them any favors.

You know, since this season started I've been wondering how much of a business woman she actually is anymore in regards to SG. I mean yea, we see the endless product placement in every scene (which I think is what lured JB in for the deal to begin with...her weekly schilling on a national tv show). But we've seen nothing of her business thus far. No discussions like before, no mention of it at all. Just quietly placing bottles around whatever room she is in. I'm thinking once they bought it, her business "smarts" were no longer needed and she was cut out. Her "empire" now seems to be her Sonja-like endless list of products she's trying to create. Seems like she is back on this show hoping for lightening to strike twice but that ain't never gonna happen IMO.

Even in that scene of her 'working" when she called Dorinda, she was laying on a couch while 4 other young girls sat on laptops around a dining room table. Not quite the picture of a powerful CEO taking over the world.

• Love 8

Reminded me a little of the "Scary Island" episode when Jill walked in on them with her big "Hiiiiiii".....the only difference here, was that the hostess (Dorinda) was gracious and welcoming, and most of the other guests followed her lead, excluding Heather.  

This isn't true.  Before the commercial, the scene was edited in a misleading manner.  When they showed the actual scene, Heather turned and smiled when Bethenny surprised everyone.  She also greeted her with a smile and a hug.

Bethenny is melting down in public, Heather wants to save her, but Heather, at this point it's not a hint, it's an anvil or a bus driving over you, ​Bethenny does not want to be saved by you or anyone.  Heather usually seems like she's got pretty good social skills, but for some reason, she simply cannot read Bethenny at all.  AT. ALL.  Like, when it comes to Bethenny, she has Kelly Bensimmon-level social skills (i.e., none).  

And my God.  Taking her by the hand to lead her away?  In what world did you think that would work with Bethenny Frankel?  Again, I see this as Heather wanting to be empathetic and wanting to help, but doing every. single. thing. wrong.  And I think it's just, Heather is so determined to create her own narrative - Heather tames Bethenny! - that she can't look around to see what is actually happening.

I agree that Heather is usually better at reading people.  I'm having a hard time dissecting the dinner party scene, because it seems to be edited in a choppy and heavy-handed manner.  We have Bethenny saying, "No, because I feel like you're trying to, like, tend to me.  We don't really know each other."  To which Heather immediately responds, "I can tell you what I want to fucking tell you."  It makes no sense.  Some stuff was cut out of that scene which would give better perspective.

Whatever happened, for the first time, I really bought Bethenny's emotion - she was practically restraining herself from bolting from the table.  And Heather's tears are very rare.  I think we've only seen her tear up once over Jax's hearing.  Not even Ramona upset her to that extent.  At this point, I think Heather knew Bethenny disliked her, and she's actually nervous around Bethenny.  When she greeted her, Heather blurted out "Congratulations", then stated that wasn't what she wanted to say, then awkwardly continued talking.  Heather is trying way too hard, and she's allowing her feelings to be hurt.  It's surprising to me, because Heather seems to have a healthy self-esteem and self-worth.  I ended up feeling bad for both of them.

Sonja rubbing up against John while bra-less in a robe.   She really comes off as desperate.  Not a good look.

While it was indeed desperate, she was not braless.  I know this because when she shimmied in, posing and preening with her robe gaping open, I saw a bra.  What a change in how Dorinda reacts to Sonja versus Kristen with John.  Dorinda clearly knows Sonja is no threat.

I was starting to think Heather was just getting a bad edit, but after seeing her husband's response to the fuss she raised at dinner, I am now rethinking that.  After Bethenny refused to leave the room with her, she sat down next to him at the dinner table almost dissolving into tears.  The camera slowly moves over to Jon who is raising his sake cup to toast like he hasn't a care in the world.  I got the distinct impression Heather creating drama and getting all upset was nothing new to him at all, and he wasn't concerned about it in the least. I am guessing he sees it allll the time. 

Since Jonathan seems to be an introvert, I think he deliberately drew attention to himself to take the focus off of Heather (who was struggling not to cry), while also quickly changing the subject.  I think that showed distinct concern.

• Love 12

You know, since this season started I've been wondering how much of a business woman she actually is anymore in regards to SG. I mean yea, we see the endless product placement in every scene (which I think is what lured JB in for the deal to begin with...her weekly schilling on a national tv show). But we've seen nothing of her business thus far. No discussions like before, no mention of it at all. Just quietly placing bottles around whatever room she is in. I'm thinking once they bought it, her business "smarts" were no longer needed and she was cut out. Her "empire" now seems to be her Sonja-like endless list of products she's trying to create. Seems like she is back on this show hoping for lightening to strike twice but that ain't never gonna happen IMO.

I think I read that Jim Beam bought the liquor end of the business, and she is no longer a part of that side of the business (but may get bonus money if they hit certain sales goals). But the rest of the Skinnygirl line is hers, which is why she's always pushing the water and the blenders, etc...

• Love 3

What part of "We're close; we're friends" do you think he was lying about?  http://www.hulu.com/watch/795034

From what he said earlier on the cable broadcast of WWHL.  Don't you think his response about Beth's eggs a little revealing?  We're close.  We're friends.  And then the shrug?  My impression of that response was that he was being 'nice'. 

• Love 3

I honestly can't understand why this is such a huge issue for Heather.  There are lots of other other women.  Talk to them, be friendly with them, concentrate on them, think about them.  But she really needs to back off and let this obsessive need to be Bethenny's friend go.  The more she pushes, the more idiotic she looks.

Whether she's smothering Skinny Girl with 20 questions or badmouthing her behind her back, Heather has a very unhealthy obsession with Bethenny. It's bordering on Single White Female territory at this point.

• Love 9

This isn't true.  Before the commercial, the scene was edited in a misleading manner.  When they showed the actual scene, Heather turned and smiled when Bethenny surprised everyone.  She also greeted her with a smile and a hug.

Exactly.....  Heather is definitely getting the bitch edit.

• Love 7

These exact words apply to Bethenny as well. She is on an ensemble show. She doesn't get to pick and choose who she wants to interact with and who she wants to ignore. Aside from Heather she seems not to fond of speaking to Kristen either.

I find it hard to believe if one of the other women said you know what, I'm not feeling Ramona, so I'm just going to ignore her. She can't speak to me, can't ask me questions, can try to be nice, she just has to ignore me. I'm thinking that kind of attitude wouldn't get her very far.

You mean like when Heather decided she didn't like Ramona and didn't include her when she invited the rest of the women to London?  

Yeah.  Exactly. Heather has no room to complain. 

• Love 10

Kristen hasn't been much of a factor, but I did like when Ramona was trying to start a scene with "I don't have crocodile tears! You're a jerk!" and Kristen shut her down with a calm but effective "We're not even talking about you, anyway."

And I'm liking Ramona this year!

• Love 4

From what he said earlier on the cable broadcast of WWHL.  Don't you think his response about Beth's eggs a little revealing?  We're close.  We're friends.  And then the shrug?  My impression of that response was that he was being 'nice'.

This reminds me of the time Brandi was on WWHL with Jeff Lewis and had her on-air meltdown, but afterwards, in her embarrassment, she pretended it was a joke, and asked Jeff to cover for her. To this day, he hasn't disputed her story. Just being nice. Keeping things in the (Bravo) family.

• Love 7

I just know Satan Andy is getting a lot of shit from the Bravo execs for throwing that million bucks at her & not getting anything in return. And Bethenny was probably hoping she'd get another show on Bravo. Me doubts it -- a lot.

But who cares Andy is still popping bottles like show has ratings that ATL. Funny hes saying the ratings are at 2M because hes registering the DVR numbers I take it. When has he ever got cocky to bring that up, anyone? He needs to stop playing it so JoeCool. Hes shaking in his undies that his muse, his savior, his bestie isnt driving these ratings up. NBC/Universal must be livid that they cut her a big check because he probably ensured she would bring the numbers. Now if it keep tanking I can promise either there with huge changes in the cast or the show will be cancelled. 3 years of declining ratings is nothing to be proud of Andrew Cohen.

• Love 3

I think Heather should just back off Bethenny (and I don't even care for BF). They can just be cordial. Right now they are new acquaintances. New co-workers.

Not that Bethenny is blameless at all. She has the resources to accept the custody decision that seems to rip her to shreds. As would it so many of us. But one needs to adapt. She seems able to date again and also sign up for the show again. 

And not share personal issues to groups in general that are not your friends. 

Another topic - I can't remember any get together Kristin has hosted yet she is all WE invite her here, there.....

And not share personal issues to groups in general that are not your friends. 

That would be great advice... if this wasn't reality tv.  Beth signed a contract just like everyone else on the show.  If she was going to be so tight assed about getting to know new people (besides Carole who seems to strike her fanny) she shouldnt have come back.  But that's my opinion.

• Love 7
But who cares Andy is still popping bottles like show has ratings that ATL. Funny hes saying the ratings are at 2M because hes registering the DVR numbers I take it. When has he ever got cocky to bring that up, anyone? He needs to stop playing it so JoeCool. Hes shaking in his undies that his muse, his savior, his bestie isnt driving these ratings up. NBC/Universal must be livid that they cut her a big check because he probably ensured she would bring the numbers. Now if it keep tanking I can promise either there with huge changes in the cast or the show will be cancelled. 3 years of declining ratings is nothing to be proud of Andrew Cohen.

So true.  It's easy to forget this is big business going on here.  Bravo is part of NBC/Universal, which is owned by Comcast, probably the largest conglomerate in television.  I mean, on one hand, I say good for Bethenny that she negotiated such a great deal.  But on the other hand, the drawback is she has a lot, lot, lot of expectations on her.

I remember Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce got horrible ratings, but the show was renewed based on extended ratings from DVD usage, repeated viewings & On Demand.  I wonder if Satan Andy is gonna try to pull the same bullshit move here to justify Bethenny's million bucks.  I still think it's very telling Bethenny had to stoop to shilling the status of the show's ratings in her latest Bravo blog.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned the last time Bethany got a mother figure from this show she was bitterly betrayed then her father died further opening the door to long buried wounds. The same shitty mother figure gave stories to Page Six about her. She cannot afford to get close to someone and have them tell a story to the tabloids that could cost her Brynn. I honestly think losing her daughter would break her. I'm very surprised Heather hasn't considered this in her quest to be Bethany's best friend.

I have a terrible relationship with my mother. She reminds me pretty regularly that it would have been better had I not been born. Imagine for a second what your life would be if the person who is supposed to love you the most, unconditionally doesn't. How do you know/learn how to form relationships if the most significant one you're supposed to have is non-existent? I totally get why Bethany is the way she is. I hope someday she can make peace with it..I'll be 45 next month and I got weepy typing it. It's always there even after therapy, you just learn that you loving you is most important. 

I liked this episode a lot. It was everything I like about Housewives, real estate porn, fabulous dinner parties, gossip and just enough bitchiness.

ETA: Bethany won't have to give the money back if the ratings don't improve. She may not get whatever bonus they get but who cares. If she needed that million to pay lawyer's fees and got it..good for her.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 12

My impression was Fredrik was trying to be nice/polite. Bethenny and her broker have a Bravo friendship which are sort of like prison romances in that they can't really exist in the outside world.

I don't know what the big deal is about the kids playing together. If it happened there's no reason Bethenny or Heather would have to be directly involved or interact with one another. The assistants and the nannies would deal with it as they probably usually do. I don't imagine either Bethenny or Heather spend a great deal of time sitting on park benches watching their kids in the sandbox.

I think Carole knows Chris Noth's name. I think she deliberately said Mr Big and meant it in a mocking way. I don't think she really thought Peter looked like him either. I wouldn't take her Sex in the City references to seriously

• Love 2

I liked this episode because Sonja was barely in  it. The one time she did her little dance to John, I think that is just her burlesque thing-- remember how she does the tease shows every so often. It just reminded me of her little performance, not really desperate. She's dating a 22 year old model, so she isn't desperate. Let's be real. 

In Heather's blog she said she was sensitive to food alergies because of her son. Yeah, that's your son. You should care when you are the mom. Bethenny doesn't even like you. I think Heather would have better luck helping out Bethenny when she really needed some help. I don't think either is jealous of one another though-- I think the issues are personality related mostly. Both are in totally different industries and do different things. If Heather was skinnier than Bethenny, well, then there would be some jealousy. But I don't get that Bethenny is at all jealous of her, but I could be projecting.

Bethenny's blog comment that , "The show is good. Ratings are up" was really transparent. I think she's trying to hide how emotional this show is for her by making it "business." Don't buy that for a second.  

• Love 5

I laughed out loud at Heather sneaking up on Moaner in the same animal print vest and white turtleneck, I couldn't help it that was cute.

I hv not read all 9 pages yet but I hv a feeling this squad is either going to love Dorinda's decor/house or hate it.

I found it to be an acid trip. I did like the blue room though. Plastic Christmas decor though in the Berkshires!? Blasphemy!

• Love 3