Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Dead Rat Live Rat Brown Rat White Rat

(edited)

Fair points have been made about Major being proactive and trying multiple avenues of attack before getting to this point.  I assumed that once Blaine mentioned the second visit from a health inspector, Julian, who was clearly suspicious, checked their security footage or got more details from the cook.  Then, he either went after Major a second time or he was on the look out for him in the area.

Peroxide is not recommended for wound cleaning any more.  It can damage healthy cells.

Eating Major's brains to find out where he hid the astronaut brains is risky.  Liv rarely sees the full picture in her visions, and he might never figure out where they were hidden. 

If the Walking Dead has taught me anything, it's be prepared for Chekov's grenade (TM shapeshifter).

ETA: I should have read the recap.  Apparenty I missed Major getting snatched by Dupont.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 4
(edited)

I've said it before, it's the actor that plays Major that's just doing it of me. He's pretty to look at and has some good scenes but I can't invest in his storyline when I should be. It happens, I don't like every character on all shows I watch. He happens to be one I don't care about, so I'm not going to find anything he does interesting. I'm going to be harder on him because of that.

Liv interests me, so I'm going to take her side, also she's the one whose journey we are really following. I do wish she'd tell him to get it over with. But unlike say the Flash, I get why Liv is not telling her friends and family. Reactions like the one Peyton had are her biggest fear. To be looked at like the brain eating monster that she is. She gets them the guilt free way but she's still eating people and has to eat people to survive. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
(edited)

Major's stupid because he keeps going after these people that beat him up easily and threw him like he was a rag doll. He knows they are serial killers (and now zombies), yet he gets in the trunk of their car like he has a death wish. I get why he's doing it but it seems like he has no regard for his own life while doing it. He can't get justice for those kids if he's dead. It's luck and plot convenience that's keeping breathing.

It's really pretty comical. They should push it a little further that way, IMO.

BTW: I noticed this week that my 2009 Toyota Yaris has a really big interior trunk release.

I'm confused about the order of the conditions and colors of the rats in the episode title: "Dead Rat Live Rat Brown Rat White Rat."

Peroxide is not recommended for wound cleaning any more.  It can damage healthy cells...

Yes, but as was mentioned upthread, better to wipe out a zombie infection at the expense of a few healthy cells. Or is that being un-PC towards zombies? If so, I apologize--to the non-murderous zombies. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I'm confused about the order of the conditions and colors of the rats in the episode title: "Dead Rat Live Rat Brown Rat White Rat."

I think it's Dead Rat: Hope: original zombie rat, Live Rat: the new rat that Ravi got which was a Brown rat, then he gave it his Utopium cocktail and it became a White Rat or Zombie Rat the Second. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
I continue to love Ravi and Major's relationship. Ravi's line about what kind of questions do people normally ask Major was hilarious.

I laughed about this, too. But I think maybe Major's expectations about what Ravi might be about to ask him could come from Major having worked with teenagers.

Major may or may not be stupid and reckless, but I mostly just think he's a guy who has nothing to lose. He lost his fiance. He lost his job-- which was more than just a paycheck to him, it was something he really cared about. He previously thought he'd lost his mind, and he has lost his credibility with the rest of the world of people who keep telling him he did lose it. He has been attacked and knows he can't get help from friends or the police-- he's tried. Kids are disappearing and no one seems to care. I think he's just decided not to give a fuck about his own life anymore, and to die trying. He does recognize he could be killed, because he made that video saying "if you see this, it means I'm already dead." It looked to me like a cross between a will and a suicide note. he's prepared to go down fighting, and knows it's a real possibility he will.

Except it's pretty widely accepted now that torture does not provide good information because people will just make stuff up to stop the pain. But I suppose if Blaine is sure that Major knows where the brains were last seen, it would work. *grumble grumble frickin lazy torture plots*

Thanks for bringing that up! I wish TV didn't act like torture was an answer. In this case, though, I think Blaine is surely not up on anything resembling research into best practices for detectives, let alone issues of morality. He just likes to torture because it suits his temperament, and I have no doubt he assumes it's effective. If Clive does it, I will blame the show, but for Blaine, it seems quite in character.

I need to rewatch, but when Teresa walked into the motel room there was blood all over the pillow, right? So why did she keep walking in?

I thought the same thing. If it really was the linen pattern, it had to be a deliberate choice for the set designers. No way was that something they didn't notice and do on purpose.

This would describe Wallace and Veronica as well

For me, Wallace was never underacted or boring. He was often left entirely out of the script, but whenever he was on screen, I thought he was terrific. I also didn't think Veronica was a bad person, or passive like Liv. So I'm not sure if this comparison holds for me.

• Love 5

Well, and the fact that she doesn't need to breathe, so if she'd just gone over the side she'd have had all the time in the world to untangle herself from the chains or drag herself to shore by walking along the bottom.

Only until she reached the tipping point to full-out zombieism (which may only be a day or so).

• Love 1

Major may or may not be stupid and reckless, but I mostly just think he's a guy who has nothing to lose. He lost his fiance. He lost his job-- which was more than just a paycheck to him, it was something he really cared about. He previously thought he'd lost his mind, and he has lost his credibility with the rest of the world of people who keep telling him he did lose it. He has been attacked and knows he can't get help from friends or the police-- he's tried. Kids are disappearing and no one seems to care. I think he's just decided not to give a fuck about his own life anymore, and to die trying. He does recognize he could be killed, because he made that video saying "if you see this, it means I'm already dead." It looked to me like a cross between a will and a suicide note. he's prepared to go down fighting, and knows it's a real possibility he will.

Unless I somehow missed it, Major has no idea of how zombies are created. All Blaine has to do is explain it to him, maybe even demonstrate it on someone else so that he knows it's true, & I bet Major is going to tell him what he wants to know. Or just straight up change him.

chasing an organisation responsible for the rage blackouts.

Wouldn't that make her pro-active then? She was trying to go after the people responsible for making zombies, not just going after the aftermath. Blaine can't go around scratching everyone, an energy drink can reach millions. People are saying she's doing nothing. She is, just not all the time because she has to solve murders and gets distracted by the other personalities she ingests. Major doesn't have that problem. 

I find the actor playing Major devoid of charisma and that makes me not care about him, no matter what he does. If he were played by a better actor, I might've found what he's doing heroic and exciting like some of you do. But I need more then just an actor doing something on screen, I need to feel for them and want to root for them. I get nothing from Major, not even hatred. He's just there for me. 

• Love 2

And this episode, wasn't Major watching some asshat (not The Asshats) on YouTube bragging about how his shotgun will take a zombie's head off?

Not only that: the guy in the video then shot a chained-to-the-wall zombie in the head.  Special effects (which is what the casual viewer would assume), or an actual zombie?

Of course I guess that, by the season finale, Major will either be dead or a zombie because, unless Ravi suddenly finds the ultimate cure to zombiesm, how can the writers manage to create some romance between them if they don't belong to the same... hum... family? And what about the trope: "He becomes what he hates the most"?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Major will be zombiefied so that he and Liv can get back together. Although I don't like the idea. At all.

I'm pretty sure that at least one of Major, Peyton, or Ravi will be zombified... so that Ravi's remaining supplies can get used up curing them, and not Liv.

• Love 2

Not sure why every episode thread turns into a referendum on Major, but I quite like him and think they've done a good job of subverting the 'boring ex' trope.

I agree with this except that the script has him doing buffoonery stuff each week (maybe even more this week), and the actor shows a knack for comic (raised eyebrow to grenade offer), but they aren't quite letting him be comic relief because he's also supposed to be romantic lead--I think this confusion is what does not sit well with most viewers (me too). On Grimm, Monroe started out as the comic sidekick and then became the romantic lead to a secondary character. It worked, but at the expense of not showcasing the actor's talent. I think in both cases they should just go with the comedy when it works, and certainly not worry about whose stealing the scene (if that's even an issue). This is TV. Anything that focuses eyeballs on the screen is valuable.
  • Love 3

Not only that: the guy in the video then shot a chained-to-the-wall zombie in the head.  Special effects (which is what the casual viewer would assume), or an actual zombie?

I'm pretty sure that at least one of Major, Peyton, or Ravi will be zombified... so that Ravi's remaining supplies can get used up curing them, and not Liv.

My money is on a surprise Peyton zombie-ing from that cut she had from Sebastian. Would be one hell of a season ender if it looks like everyone is intact and then BOOM-Zombie Peyton turns up.

• Love 1

I like Major most when he's bantering with people. His scenes with Ravi are always good. I also liked the actor on One Tree Hill (although his character's arc was ridiculous, in season nine especially). I can't pinpoint why I'm still iffy on Major. I don't dislike him and I don't think he's a complete idiot, but there's just something that's not quite clicking. Maybe I'm just tired of the "soulmate"/"endgame" nonsense on TV shows and therefore resent his entire existence. Maybe I want him to be funnier, like Ravi and Liv (and Clive, who gets in some good one-liners) are. I don't know.

• Love 2

I like Major most when he's bantering with people. His scenes with Ravi are always good. I

I was kind of charmed by the conversation about their solemn duty to videogame. 

I think the character is kind of underwritten, but I feel like I see that kind of a lot with characters the writers just assume, because of the actor or because of the place they fill in the story, that we're going to like. It's almost as if they don't have to be made interesting because they're just that damn likable. The problem for me is that mostly I like people I find interesting, not the other way around.

• Love 3
(edited)

I like Major most when he's bantering with people. His scenes with Ravi are always good. I also liked the actor on One Tree Hill (although his character's arc was ridiculous, in season nine especially). I can't pinpoint why I'm still iffy on Major. I don't dislike him and I don't think he's a complete idiot, but there's just something that's not quite clicking. Maybe I'm just tired of the "soulmate"/"endgame" nonsense on TV shows and therefore resent his entire existence. Maybe I want him to be funnier, like Ravi and Liv (and Clive, who gets in some good one-liners) are. I don't know.

I agree with all of this.  I like the actor and find myself enjoying Major when they aren't playing the relationship angst.  I definitely have OTP fatigue, especially since frequently I find some other character more appealing as a romantic pairing with the lead and/or just plain don't care for the OTP designee.  In this case though, I think I mostly like Major, which is why I suspect the problem is not so much him as my resistance to being forced to see him and Liv as soulmates.

I do find many of his actions, especially in this and last episode, excessively reckless.  But I'm inclined to agree that he's just decided that this is so important he's willing to die.  And at least he left the video so he isn't being reckless and allowing the info to die with him.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

I think he's acting like an idiot, but at this point I get it. Kids he knew and cared about and others have been murdered and from his pov nobody seems to give a crap. He tried to go to the police and he was dismissed, he went to the press and got beaten up for his troubles in a police sanctioned beating.  He's been attacked in his own home twice and the one time he fights back the guy ups and disappears and everyone starts telling him he's crazy. So now he's gone full on vigilante. He's definitely taking the view that he'll likely die, but he'd rather go down fighting than do nothing. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sure why every episode thread turns into a referendum on Major, but I quite like him and think they've done a good job of subverting the 'boring ex' trope. 

I like him, too, and I agree with the above. He's more than just the ex-boyfriend, and I like his friendship with Ravi, and the fact that he and Liv still get along and act like adults. I also liked him pointing out that Peyton was like a sister to him. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 8

Would be one hell of a season ender if it looks like everyone is intact and then BOOM-Zombie Peyton turns up.

I hate shows that end a season in anything that can be described as a cliffhanger, but a producer has to be confident in what he's turning out to forgo doing that these days, so I suspect I won't be liking next week's episode.

Wouldn't that make her pro-active then? She was trying to go after the people responsible for making zombies, not just going after the aftermath. Blaine can't go around scratching everyone, an energy drink can reach millions. People are saying she's doing nothing. She is, just not all the time because she has to solve murders and gets distracted by the other personalities she ingests. Major doesn't have that problem. 

I find the actor playing Major devoid of charisma and that makes me not care about him, no matter what he does. If he were played by a better actor, I might've found what he's doing heroic and exciting like some of you do. But I need more then just an actor doing something on screen, I need to feel for them and want to root for them. I get nothing from Major, not even hatred. He's just there for me. 

They didn't actually make zombies, they contributed one ingredient that caused people to have rage blackouts... Then it was mixed with tainted drugs and had a really bizarre effect causing zombies. Liv didn't actually have a plan when she stormed into the CEO's office other than lying about being a police officer which would probably get any confession she got from him useless anyway in a court of law. Max Rager is unlikely to cause any more zombies to be made hence why Ravi was so concerned with their limited supply of ingredients to make zombie rats.

Blaine is actively turning people into zombies and harvesting teenagers for their brains. NOW. She knew one of his victims, hell she ate his brains and SHE STILL DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. That makes me hate her way more than Major and his generic love interest status. For the record I don't like Major but at least he's doing something to try and stop teenagers dying while Liv is just ... tripping on brains every other week.

• Love 1

I also think Clive should be more interested in Liv's many personalities, unless he thinks she's an intrusive, peppy, anti-social, motherly, bixsexual artist and trivia nut that knows about guns that also drinks and smokes pot.

I get that he must think it's a byproduct of being psychic, but you'd think he'd have more questions about that. Maybe he doesn't want risk jinxing it.

Blaine is actively turning people into zombies and harvesting teenagers for their brains. NOW. She knew one of his victims, hell she ate his brains and SHE STILL DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. That makes me hate her way more than Major and his generic love interest status. For the record I don't like Major but at least he's doing something to try and stop teenagers dying while Liv is just ... tripping on brains every other week.

Well, she doesn't know what to do, and she's trying to figure it out. I can sort of respect that.

Having read the posts above, I would be in favor of turning Major into a regular supporting character and not a potential relationship.  He does work well with Ravi, and Peyton, and the kids he was mentoring.  I'm okay with a little relationship angst, but I don't think this show needs relationship angst underpinning everything.  It's better than that.  Ravi worrying about cosplaying as Jimmy Stewart - perfect amount of angst.

Major's shirt said 'Helton Shelter' - play on Helter Skelter?

Yes, but as was mentioned upthread, better to wipe out a zombie infection at the expense of a few healthy cells.

True.

• Love 2

I can't pinpoint why I'm still iffy on Major. I don't dislike him and I don't think he's a complete idiot, but there's just something that's not quite clicking. Maybe I'm just tired of the "soulmate"/"endgame" nonsense on TV shows and therefore resent his entire existence. 

Just the fact that he's still hanging around after his fiance dumped him without a good explanation makes him seem kind of desperate. Most people wouldn't hang around being friendly to their ex.

• Love 1

All this talk about Major really reminds me of The Flash with Iris West and how every new topic gradually devolved into people criticizing her and people defending her (or sometimes people defending her way before anybody started the critique). While iZombie has managed to write Major overall better (his storyline is way more interesting than Iris' work as a journalist which was basically filler) and at least his investigation is related to the main plot, I still like Iris better because of her actress. But  I still think the biggest problem with 2 such characters (and those like them) is their predetermined role as love interests. I think this device should be forgotten by TV. Stop telling us whom to ship from the first episode and definitely stop reminding us of it by ship teasing them all the damn time. A lot of my dislike for Major comes from this romance which I really don't find in any way interesting or compelling. If he were just a supporting character I would be so much more open to liking him, but he just doesn't work with Liv, and a lot of it is the actor's fault (he's not bad, just not that charismatic), but the writing also hasn't been that great for them, I don't really see any interesting dynamic between Major and Liv.

• Love 1
(edited)

I get that he must think it's a byproduct of being psychic, but you'd think he'd have more questions about that. Maybe he doesn't want risk jinxing it.

Well, she doesn't know what to do, and she's trying to figure it out. I can sort of respect that.

You'd think one of his bosses would be slightly interested in where he's getting all his leads.

Have we had any indication post Lowell death that she's actually thinking about the Blaine problem ? All she seems to be doing is trying to stall Major's investigations into the problem to cover her secret. If I missed some indication that she's been thinking about it, I'd be happy to revise my opinion of her but I can't remember anything of the sort.

You know if Liv really wanted to help her zombie cohorts she'd hook her fellow zombies up with cushy morgue jobs where they can eat brains and help cops on the side. Does she actually perform autopsies ? Because it seems like Ravi does everything at that morgue including trying to find a cure for HER problem.

Ravi is my favorite character in the show. Actually I think he's the only character I actually like in the show. I only tend to like Major when he's hanging out with Ravi.

Major wouldn't be hanging around so much if Liv didn't tell Ravi to go spy on him for her...

Edited by wayne67
(edited)

You know if Liv really wanted to help her zombie cohorts she'd hook her fellow zombies up with cushy morgue jobs where they can eat brains and help cops on the side.

Does she actually perform autopsies? Because it seems like Ravi does everything at that morgue including trying to find a cure for HER problem.

I read somewhere (not here) that Liv should be running a zombie soup kitchen out of the morgue.

It's not just about helping zombies—it would help protect the general public.

Edited by editorgrrl

I only liked the second half of the episode. Cheerleader Liv was god awful as were the scenes with the cheerleader. One side was over-acting the other was under-acting. And all the pop culture references were too try hard and not funnny at all.

The rest of the episode was much more engaging especially during the zombie fight and the aftermath with Peyton.

You'd think one of his bosses would be slightly interested in where he's getting all his leads.

Have we had any indication post Lowell death that she's actually thinking about the Blaine problem ? All she seems to be doing is trying to stall Major's investigations into the problem to cover her secret. If I missed some indication that she's been thinking about it, I'd be happy to revise my opinion of her but I can't remember anything of the sort.

You know if Liv really wanted to help her zombie cohorts she'd hook her fellow zombies up with cushy morgue jobs where they can eat brains and help cops on the side. Does she actually perform autopsies ? Because it seems like Ravi does everything at that morgue including trying to find a cure for HER problem.

WRT Clive's bosses, one of them is Lt. Suzuki, who is himself a zombie and has picked up on Liv being a zombie. So presumably, he has a sense of how she's getting her leads. (Why he isn't also getting morgue brains and solving crimes is a little bit of a mystery. Maybe he likes the fresher brains Blaine's supplying him.)

WRT the Blaine problem, there was a discussion as to what to do about him between her and Ravi, after Blaine came in to see what Liv knows. If even on sniper brain, Liv couldn't kill Blaine, and as they discussed Blaine can't be imprisoned, they don't have that many options. Eventually, Liv will have to cowboy up and kill Blaine, methinks. 

I think we've seen Liv start at least one autopsy.

Just the fact that he's still hanging around after his fiance dumped him without a good explanation makes him seem kind of desperate. Most people wouldn't hang around being friendly to their ex.

He wasn't exactly just hanging around. At the beginning of the season, he'd already gotten a girlfriend and were at the point where they were serious enough to be posting about the relationship on FB.

I think if you really had a serious love for someone and you still enjoyed them, you might still have a friendship with them and yes, part of you would hope to see if you could rekindle things.

They didn't actually make zombies, they contributed one ingredient that caused people to have rage blackouts... Then it was mixed with tainted drugs and had a really bizarre effect causing zombies. Liv didn't actually have a plan when she stormed into the CEO's office other than lying about being a police officer which would probably get any confession she got from him useless anyway in a court of law. Max Rager is unlikely to cause any more zombies to be made hence why Ravi was so concerned with their limited supply of ingredients to make zombie rats.

We don't fully know what Max Rager is up to. Was the zombie outbreak an accident or not? We can only speculate for now.

• Love 3

WRT Clive's bosses, one of them is Lt. Suzuki, who is himself a zombie and has picked up on Liv being a zombie. So presumably, he has a sense of how she's getting her leads. (Why he isn't also getting morgue brains and solving crimes is a little bit of a mystery. Maybe he likes the fresher brains Blaine's supplying him.)

Blaine led him to believe that Liv is part of his organization, so he isn't going to try an end-run. The improved productivity of Homicide could still cause complications; somebody looking at the statistics might wonder if innocent people are being railroaded for the sake of clearing cases.

Suzuki is the biggest wild card for me. He doesn't like Blaine and he doesn't like doing things Blaine's way- who knows why it never dawned on him that he could get brains from the ME's office himself, but if he figures out that he has alternatives, I could see him turning on Blaine.

• Love 1

Suzuki is the biggest wild card for me. He doesn't like Blaine and he doesn't like doing things Blaine's way—who knows why it never dawned on him that he could get brains from the ME's office himself, but if he figures out that he has alternatives, I could see him turning on Blaine.

I loved this exchange in "Astroburger":

BlaineIn the future, remember that I like my information the same way you like your brains.

Lt. Suzuki: Unconditional?

Blaine: Fresh.

• Love 1

I do like the notion that things don't, if you'll excuse the expression, dawn on the dead quite as quickly as they would to normal people because of degrading memories/cognitive function that someone raised up thread or elsewhere in the forum. 

• Love 1

Suzuki is the biggest wild card for me. He doesn't like Blaine and he doesn't like doing things Blaine's way- who knows why it never dawned on him that he could get brains from the ME's office himself, but if he figures out that he has alternatives, I could see him turning on Blaine.

I can see why Suzuki wouldn't think it advisable to mess with bodies that are already in the morgue as evidence, and I can imagine him resisting the urge to ignore that wisdom since Blaine is supplying him with brains. Plus, Suzuki is in law enforcement, and specifically in the administration part of it, so I can imagine that someone who didn't care for disection back in high school biology might not want to start dealing with it just because he's a zombie.

But now that you guys have brought up the notion of Suzuki sharing the wealth of morgue brains, I'm imagining a future when Suzuki is on team Liv and they can share pizza in the morgue with those pink "mushrooms" whose texture Clive didn't care for. Heh.

• Love 1

WRT the Blaine problem, there was a discussion as to what to do about him between her and Ravi, after Blaine came in to see what Liv knows. If even on sniper brain, Liv couldn't kill Blaine, and as they discussed Blaine can't be imprisoned, they don't have that many options. Eventually, Liv will have to cowboy up and kill Blaine, methinks. 

I think we've seen Liv start at least one autopsy.

We don't fully know what Max Rager is up to. Was the zombie outbreak an accident or not? We can only speculate for now.

Nothing on this show makes much sense.

Lt Zombie could be getting fresh brains from the morgue too. He's already covering up teenage homicides, I'd imagine lost brains wouldn't come up much. It's not likely that a corpse will be exhumed for the purposes of checking their lobes. I have no idea why Lt Zombie is putting up with Blaine.

As for Liv she made a bunch of excuses to Ravi after she didn't bother to poison him. It's not like I expected her to kill him right then and there but she could have asked for a contact number, an address or asked if he's been having difficulty finding brains lately. She could at least be building up to recon or something. Instead it's like she's just waiting around for someone else to do all the heavy lifting and it's so frustrating. Reminds me of The Flash where Barry just hung about SAYING he wanted to free his father but putting very little actual effort in clearing his name, not even the basic stuff like getting his case reopened or getting him an appeal lawyer.

*sigh*

Max Rager has no reason to make zombies. Despite Resident Evil and Umbrella Corp; Zombies are not profitable. There's no profit to be made from making zombies unless you're making them for the army and even then... they seem like more trouble than they're worth. These guys are soft drink manufacturers not an EVIL multinational conglomorate with a bioweapons division.

• Love 1

Suzuki could secure brains for himself, but if he breaks with Blaine he has to worry about Blaine's reaction, which may involve a power drill, and going it alone.  One of Liv's biggest problems at the outset was her isolation.  Suzuki is part of a community, dysfunctional as they are.  And if he kills Blaine, he has to worry about the other zombies going rogue and exposing them all.

• Love 3

Suzuki could secure brains for himself, but if he breaks with Blaine he has to worry about Blaine's reaction, which may involve a power drill, and going it alone.  One of Liv's biggest problems at the outset was her isolation.  Suzuki is part of a community, dysfunctional as they are.  And if he kills Blaine, he has to worry about the other zombies going rogue and exposing them all.

He's a cop with a gun. I'm sure he could take over Blaine's operation or dismantle it. Blaine is the only real brains in that group. He doesn't because... Plot...

He could distribute guilt free brains to clients and take out all the violent thugs in the organisation and stop them from expanding which is Blaine's big deal. He keeps making new zombies to increase his customer base. I doubt Lt zombie would do that.

• Love 3

Ugh, no. I hate the "This time it's personal!!!!!" meme. I'd rather he tried to cure a random zombie.

Major's shirt said 'Helton Shelter' - play on Helter Skelter?

I noticed that and was going to post, but forgot.

they can share pizza in the morgue with those pink "mushrooms" whose texture Clive didn't care for. Heh.

Now I want thear the song "Little Pink Mushrooms" by John Melloncamp!

• Love 2

It really seems to be awfully easy to make more zombies, doesn't it, if just a scratch will do it? And yet most of the ones we've seen so far were created accidentally- Blaine didn't mean to let Liv get away, she didn't mean to turn Sebastian, and I have a feeling Peyton will turn up zombified after her encounter with Sebastian as well. I do get the sense Blaine turned Suzuki intentionally for the police protection, but he doesn't seem interested in making a zombie army or anything, just making money. (Which he's spending on what exactly?) Seems like they have to be super careful NOT to raise a zombie army.

• Love 4

It really seems to be awfully easy to make more zombies, doesn't it, if just a scratch will do it?...

Seems like they have to be super careful NOT to raise a zombie army.

Really! More mouths to feed, fewer brains to go around.
  • Love 1

He's a cop with a gun. I'm sure he could take over Blaine's operation or dismantle it. Blaine is the only real brains in that group. He doesn't because... Plot...

Blaine keeps information and people compartmentalized.  Suzuki may not have realized until Lowell's death that a head injury could kill a zombie.  Taking over Blaine's organization could be done, but it would take research and time.

Looking back at the episode where Lowell showed Liv the zombie menu, the name Meat Cute wasn't on it.  Did Major actually tell her that the place Dupont worked was called Meat Cute after he saw the business card?

• Love 3

Blaine keeps information and people compartmentalized.  Suzuki may not have realized until Lowell's death that a head injury could kill a zombie.  Taking over Blaine's organization could be done, but it would take research and time.

Looking back at the episode where Lowell showed Liv the zombie menu, the name Meat Cute wasn't on it.  Did Major actually tell her that the place Dupont worked was called Meat Cute after he saw the business card?

Yeah super compartmentalised where Suzuki knows where he works from and the 5 people he orders about. He was at the shop. I'm fairly sure he could kidnap one of those dumb drivers and get all the information necessary about the clients. It's not like Blaine's organisation has layers upon layers of security. Major just walked into Zombie headquarters...

I don't think it requires genius intellect to figure out that something without a head won't be much of a threat. Zombies may not have much in a blood flow (which makes you wonder about how sex works...) but fire burns all flesh. We haven't seen zombies have super healing so a few minutes of experimentation would provide some answers to can zombies bleed...

Lt Zombie could be getting fresh brains from the morgue too. He's already covering up teenage homicides, I'd imagine lost brains wouldn't come up much. It's not likely that a corpse will be exhumed for the purposes of checking their lobes. I have no idea why Lt Zombie is putting up with Blaine.

Brains have the consistency of Jell-o when fresh, and I'd imagine being both soft and nutrient-rich they decompose really quickly. I'd say if there's an incision in the skull from an autopsy, absence of brains wouldn't raise any eyebrows as unusual after a few days' worth of burial.

• Love 1

Yeah super compartmentalised where Suzuki knows where he works from and the 5 people he orders about. He was at the shop. I'm fairly sure he could kidnap one of those dumb drivers and get all the information necessary about the clients. It's not like Blaine's organisation has layers upon layers of security. Major just walked into Zombie headquarters...

They probably don't know how to access Blaine's money, though they would know the rest.  I guess it depends on how greedy someone taking over the organization is whether they want to wait for that.  It would still take time and will.

Max Rager has no reason to make zombies. Despite Resident Evil and Umbrella Corp; Zombies are not profitable. There's no profit to be made from making zombies unless you're making them for the army and even then... they seem like more trouble than they're worth. These guys are soft drink manufacturers not an EVIL multinational conglomorate with a bioweapons division.

Max Rager Inc. might have several reasons to make zombies on a pure profit level. If there were a zombie outbreak, there would be heavy profit to be made in zombie defense and zombie cures. So causing a problem and then solving it would be highly profitable.

Moreover, even if we were to accept for argument's sake that corporate Max Rager has no interest in creating zombies, individual Max Rager executives could have non-profit oriented reasons (from one or more of them being zombies themselves and wanting to spread their kind to thinking that zombies are the next step in addressing human weaknesses.) 

It really seems to be awfully easy to make more zombies, doesn't it, if just a scratch will do it? And yet most of the ones we've seen so far were created accidentally- Blaine didn't mean to let Liv get away, she didn't mean to turn Sebastian, and I have a feeling Peyton will turn up zombified after her encounter with Sebastian as well. I do get the sense Blaine turned Suzuki intentionally for the police protection, but he doesn't seem interested in making a zombie army or anything, just making money. (Which he's spending on what exactly?) Seems like they have to be super careful NOT to raise a zombie army.

I'm under the impression that Blaine deliberately turned most of the zombies that we have seen for strategic purposes. We saw him explicitly turn the rich cougar. I think it's safe to assume he also turned the other rich guy who wanted to eat Allen York, the meatheads to serve as his enforcers, and the chef at Meat Cute to have a cover (and to get brains to be tasty rather than just something to eat).

• Love 2

Max Rager Inc. might have several reasons to make zombies on a pure profit level. If there were a zombie outbreak, there would be heavy profit to be made in zombie defense and zombie cures. So causing a problem and then solving it would be highly profitable.

Or it could just be that with the current formula very profitable and only a fraction of a percent of consumers turning into zombies, they think the risk of changing the formula is greater than the downside, which for them is essentially nothing so far.

• Love 1