Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast & Crew: Your Behind The Camera Button Pushers

mspaul

When I first read (Greek), I thought, "Yay!" Until I looked up who she was, and then it was, ".......oh. Her." She wasn't just The Pierce of that show, she was The Fitz.

Actually I've never watched an episode of The Bachelor, and I still loved Burning Love. I'm sure I missed some jokes and references, but there was still plenty to laugh at and enjoy.

• Love 1

Don't know if this is the correct topic, but I have a question re: the actress who plays Quinn.

Tonight I noticed a scar that appears to be straight across the right side of her mouth. Does anyone know what happened to her?

(edited)

Arielle Kebbel who plays Brittany, I remember her appearing on Vampire Diaries. She also starred in some episodes of Shiri Appleby's "Life Unexpected" show.

I know Shiri was in a movie with Craig Bierko a long time ago called "The Thirteenth Floor".

Freddie Stroma was in the Harry Potter movies (not sure how many).

Edited by basically

If you want to see Breeda Wool in a very different role, watch Disasater Preparedeness.  It's a short film (under ten minutes).  From the film's website:

A hurricane racing toward their apartment pulls a couple out of their comfort zone and drops them squarely at the crossroads of commitment, disaster, and the art of being prepared.

I am one of Shiri Appleby's biggest fans. I started watching UnREAL just for her. I've been a fan of hers since Roswell. I've seen everything she's done that I could get my hands on. I even got to be in her movie The Killing Floor. She was great in that movie. One of my favorite roles she did was a for a short film called Carjacking. Carjacking is the story of Cary, a superficial and otherwise typical LA girl who after being carjacked pushes away her best friends and breaks up with her fiancé. Some times I watch stuff good or bad and go that person did this for the money. Since Carjacking was a short film. The biggest expense was the jaguar rental. I don't know why but that role showed me Shiri can really act. It was not about the paycheck which was probably very little. I also loved Shiri in the short lived tv show Six Degrees and the tv show turned tv movie to Love and Die in LA. to love and die should have been a hit. I also thought Shiri was just as good as Amy Adams in Charlie Wilson's War. Shiri threw her sweet innocent girl next door image out the window when she played the role of Natalia on Girls. That role helped open doors and created a new chapter in her life. I believe it helped her land the role of Rachel. Before Girls she was never considered for dark roles. Shiri has been acting since she was a little kid and might have the biggest resume of anyone on UnREAL. I am bit bias but I think she's giving an Emmy worthy performance on UnREAL. I hope this show breaks her record of 3 seasons. I love seeing her on tv once a week. Shiri has done some cheesy stuff in her career and it's nice that she finally landed a great role on a great show. I can't wait to see where this takes her.

If I can find a place to watch Carjacking and it does not break any rules I'll post a link in this thread.

• Love 1

I am one of Shiri Appleby's biggest fans. I started watching UnREAL just for her. I've been a fan of hers since Roswell. I've seen everything she's done that I could get my hands on. I even got to be in her movie The Killing Floor. She was great in that movie.

The Killing Floor?!  Directed by Gideon Raff, with Marc Blucas?  Parts of it were filmed in the office I worked in at the time (in a building on Lexington Ave, b/w 43rd & 44th Sts).  Longish explanation of why they used that office space, made much shorter: Gideon Raff's dad Eitan was CEO pf the parent company of my client company, which had the office space.  Six Degrees of Previously.TV Separation!

Oh, and, to bring it back to topic: this is the first thing I've seen Appleby in (tuned in for the Zimmer); based upon her presentation of Rachel, I'll certainly look out for her other work.

• Love 1
(edited)

earlbny.  Very  cool!  What part did you play in her movie?  I love her too and seek other things she has done. 

I was an extra in the movie. One of the ACD'S asked Shiri's fans if they would like to be in her movie. I jumped at the opportunity.

The Killing Floor?!  Directed by Gideon Raff, with Marc Blucas?  Parts of it were filmed in the office I worked in at the time (in a building on Lexington Ave, b/w 43rd & 44th Sts).  Longish explanation of why they used that office space, made much shorter: Gideon Raff's dad Eitan was CEO pf the parent company of my client company, which had the office space.  Six Degrees of Previously.TV Separation!

Oh, and, to bring it back to topic: this is the first thing I've seen Appleby in (tuned in for the Zimmer); based upon her presentation of Rachel, I'll certainly look out for her other work.

You are correct. Cool info about the office building. You picked a good show to start with. Any of the TV shows/Movies I mentioned in my other post are worth checking out. Some may not be easy to find while others will. On a side note I love your avatar. I love the Dead.

Here's 2 clips form Carjacking. http://www.brianfunck.com/carjacking.html

The one movie I want to see more then anything is The Skin Horse. It was never released but looks really interesting. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339695/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Edited by earlbny

I remember Shiri played a rape victim in Law and Order. She was pretty good there. And she was in a woman-in-peril movie about a wife who was being driven crazy by her husband.

The actress who played the woman who jumped off the roof I have seen in a couple of woman-in-peril movies.

Shiri thankfully turned down Xena after a doing a couple of episodes to do Roswell.

Shiri was great on Law and Order. That TV movie was OK. Nothing special but worth watching for Shiri.

Life Unexpected was great in season 1. Then the CW stepped in and made it a bit too sucky for my taste. Why can't a network leave a show alone and let it be. Where not aloud to have any wholesome family shows anymore? 

• Love 2

I looked up Craig Bierko (Chet) on IMDB and was surprised to learn he was the original actor cast to play Chandler Bing on "Friends." He TURNED DOWN the role!! I wonder if he ever regrets that, given the fame and money those actors got. And wow, did they ever fatten him up for his role on this show.

That's a cool fact. I learned something new today. Now i am picturing Craig as Chandler. I've read a list of actors/actress who turned down roles only to kick themselves afterwards. 

(edited)

I think Jeremy is also conformed as well. Adam is still up in the air. Freddie did an article where he said it was unlikely he'd be back. Sarah the shows creator was asked about him and said she's not sure. Nothing's set in stone. She is listening to the fans. I hope we get video from the Paley feet event.

Edited by earlbny

Chet's actor actually gained weight for another role and they said it looked good on him for this so he kept it. However, he has since lost the weight so Chet will be much thinner in season 2.

• Love 2

Was looking at Constance Zimmer's Instagram and it looks as though 2ish weeks ago she was filming Project Runway along with Shiri. I wonder if we'll see some stuff in season 2 from a PR contestant?

I don't think he's confirmed yet.  IIRC, the last interview I heard/saw from him he said that he believes the intent was to keep the production group in tact but he didn't know for sure.  Anything could happen.  And in Hollywood, it could. 

(edited)

Yay!  (I like rooting for the underdogs, and the actor is hot).

I hope the Paley Fest will have footage of their talk.

I noticed that the Paley  website has video/DVD's of past events. Someone said they even do live streaming. Project Runway is Shiri's favorite show. That show inspired her to start taking sowing lessons and make her own clothes. Shiri and Constance will be guest judges on PR this season. Not sure when it premieres. I think Jeremy will be back just to keep the love triangle drama alive.

You will be able to watch the Paley event live on Yahoo tomorrow.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/unreal

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I am one of Shiri Appleby's biggest fans. I started watching UnREAL just for her. I've been a fan of hers since Roswell. I've seen everything she's done that I could get my hands on. I even got to be in her movie The Killing Floor. She was great in that movie. One of my favorite roles she did was a for a short film called Carjacking. Carjacking is the story of Cary, a superficial and otherwise typical LA girl who after being carjacked pushes away her best friends and breaks up with her fiancé. Some times I watch stuff good or bad and go that person did this for the money. Since Carjacking was a short film. The biggest expense was the jaguar rental. I don't know why but that role showed me Shiri can really act. It was not about the paycheck which was probably very little. I also loved Shiri in the short lived tv show Six Degrees and the tv show turned tv movie to Love and Die in LA. to love and die should have been a hit. I also thought Shiri was just as good as Amy Adams in Charlie Wilson's War. Shiri threw her sweet innocent girl next door image out the window when she played the role of Natalia on Girls. That role helped open doors and created a new chapter in her life. I believe it helped her land the role of Rachel. Before Girls she was never considered for dark roles. Shiri has been acting since she was a little kid and might have the biggest resume of anyone on UnREAL. I am bit bias but I think she's giving an Emmy worthy performance on UnREAL. I hope this show breaks her record of 3 seasons. I love seeing her on tv once a week. Shiri has done some cheesy stuff in her career and it's nice that she finally landed a great role on a great show. I can't wait to see where this takes her.

If I can find a place to watch Carjacking and it does not break any rules I'll post a link in this thread.

Awww another Shiri and Roswell fan! I'm a huge Shiri fan too - I keep hoping and wishing the show will bring on Jason Behr and have the two of them have a couple of scenes - it'd be hilarious. He'd definitely be better than Jeremy, lol.

My Dreamer heart would just explode, honestly.

But anyway - glad to see another Shiri fan.

• Love 1

"Unexpected was great in season 1. Then the CW stepped in and made it a bit too sucky for my taste. Why can't a network leave a show alone and let it be. Where not aloud to have any wholesome family shows anymore"

In complete agreement re Life UnExpected. Love how Liz Tigelaar took no prisoners re season 2. She told anyone who would listen that it was the CW that forced the chances.

Interesting that Shiri winds up in another show with unorthodox capitalization.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 1

I agree with both if you season 1 of LU was awesome. Season 2 notnsonmuch because the CW stepped in. Jason Behr would be awesome. I am just happy to see Shiri on my TV every week.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3
(edited)

I saw this pic on facebook that was posted on Josh Kelly's facebook account from Johanna Braddy's facebook account (see below). It's a picture of Josh, Johanna, and her former "UnREAL" costar and current boyfriend Freddie Stroma in Vancouver that was taken a couple of days ago! I asked Josh on his facebook account if Freddie is going to be making a returning guest appearance for season two as Adam, but he replied back to me saying that he and Johanna was just visiting him and their former castmates! I don't know if he's telling the truth or he's lying since he and the cast aren't allowed to give away spoilers! But according to "UnREAL" co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro from an EW interview a few months ago, she daid that there was "a really good chance" that we'll see Adam again in season 2, since she's feel that they're not done yet as a couple!: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/12/unreal-season-2-sarah-gertrude-shapiro-feminism 

12036471_10103726197137931_4643954921163830813_n.jpg

Edited by Chris Burgess

Man - I really wanted to see Freddie back for S2... I don't like the other guy - he just doesn't work as well with Rachel and I hate him after what he did... and Shiri's chemistry was off the charts with Freddie... reminded me of her chemistry with Jason Behr... 

Bummer.

(edited)

Here's a terrific short film Shiri did called An Entanglement. The look on her face while siting in the diner made my hair stand up. So did the scene in the car. Her facial expressions get me every single time. So much pure emotion. The rest of the cast did a great job as well. This is not some happy fairy tail. It's a little disturbing. I loved it.  Thoughts?

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, earlbny said:

Here's a terrific short film Shiri did called An Entanglement. The look on her face while siting in the diner made my hair stand up. So did the scene in the car. Her facial expressions get me every single time. So much pure emotion. The rest of the cast did a great job as well. This is not some happy fairy tail. It's a little disturbing. I loved it.  Thoughts?

That a really disturbing film. But I agree, Shiri is fantastic in her parts.

(edited)
On 6/8/2016 at 8:14 PM, KaveDweller said:

That a really disturbing film. But I agree, Shiri is fantastic in her parts.

Very disturbing. Years ago Shiri was in another short film called Carjacking. She was also fantastic in it. If you can find it I highly recommend watching it.

I also thought this failed TV show turned TV movie Shiri did had potential.

http://vitaya.be/love-and-die-la

To Love and Die - A young woman deals with her abandonment issues by reconnecting with her estranged dad, a contract killer who recruits her into his line of work.

Edited by earlbny