Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lachlan:  He’s the big leader of a group of renegades

Lachlan?

Are you sure this isn't casting news for Outlander?

Sympathiser 1, 2 & 3: These are rough military types, with a day of filming.

It will be dififcult to distinguish these three.  Perhaps Symapthiser 2 will suffer from middle sympathiser syndome.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 4

Legendary Fighter...Ser Arthur Dayne? Maybe? In a Bran vision, perhaps?

Gotta be Arthur Dayne. I can't think of too many other legendary fighters carrying around famous swords that they might want to cast at this point.

My money is on a Bran flashback.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would think the reason to cast the Northern lords is for the Search for Rickon. Last we heard of him, Osha was taking him to Last Hearth. If we have Davos, Brienne, Sansa, etc out there looking for him, it makes sense to have some Northern lords around here and there for a couple of scenes.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think it's possible the Northern Lords will be involved in some plan to find Rickon.  Is it too naive to think that we might also get some of the northern story they left out this season (North remembers, sabotage of the Boltons, or dare I dream, Frey Pie)? 

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 3

Well the one Northern Lord sounds like he might be a Greatjohn recast to me, which would be unfortunate but would make sense since Rickon is supposed to be with the Umbers on the show.

(edited)

The savage warrior could be GreatJon recast or like I said in the other topic Hugo Wull from the Northern Clans. Plus he has the most underrated speech in the whole series. And if we're getting a TOJ scene one of his kin was part of Ned's group.

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

Edited by MadMouse
  • Love 7

Well the one Northern Lord sounds like he might be a Greatjohn recast to me, which would be unfortunate but would make sense since Rickon is supposed to be with the Umbers on the show.

The age range for that role is weirdly large (anywhere from 25 to 50), so what I suspect is that they're keeping their options open -- if the best actor to audition is someone older, the role will be a recast of the Greatjon; if he's on the younger side, they'll decree that the Greatjon has been killed and the role will be the Smalljon or some other younger Umber.

I think it's possible the Northern Lords will be involved in some plan to find Rickon.  Is it too naive to think that we might also get some of the northern story they left out this season (North remembers, sabotage of the Boltons, or dare I dream, Frey Pie)? 

HDU, the only Frey in the North to make pies from is the angelic pregnant Walda.

The age range for that role is weirdly large (anywhere from 25 to 50), so what I suspect is that they're keeping their options open -- if the best actor to audition is someone older, the role will be a recast of the Greatjon; if he's on the younger side, they'll decree that the Greatjon has been killed and the role will be the Smalljon or some other younger Umber.

Or an older guy could just be a Whoresbane/Crowfood amalgam, I don't really see how they can suddenly drop the Greatjon back at the Last Hearth now. He and the Blackfish both narrowly escaping the Red Wedding would feel a bit too convenient. 

Or an older guy could just be a Whoresbane/Crowfood amalgam, I don't really see how they can suddenly drop the Greatjon back at the Last Hearth now. He and the Blackfish both narrowly escaping the Red Wedding would feel a bit too convenient. 

There's nothing to suggest that the Great Jon was at the RW in the show. He hasn't been seen or mentioned since Season 1 so they could easily say he was injured in one of the early battles and went back home to recuperate.

Saying that I doubt this new role is meant to be the GJ but either his son or one of the brothers.

There's nothing to suggest that the Great Jon was at the RW in the show. He hasn't been seen or mentioned since Season 1 so they could easily say he was injured in one of the early battles and went back home to recuperate.

The official explanation for the Greatjon's absence since season 1, according to HBO's online maps and such, is that while Robb's main force was fighting in the Westerlands, he was in charge of reclaiming territory in the Riverlands. So per Bryan Cogman, he wasn't at the Red Wedding.

Which . . . I guess that could be another explanation for the "outlaws using religion to exploit the poor they were supposed to protect" group, if they're tying these disparate new story threads together. It could be the remnants of the Umber army in the Riverlands who've declared war on the "wrong gods" of the southern commonfolk. Might be a way to bring the Old Gods into what's shaping up to be a sizable clash of religious beliefs in the coming season.

(edited)
Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

To whomever it was who wanted Mads Mikkelsen as one of the Greyjoys, Hannibal was just canceled.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 4

Looks like they've added a new director for next season: Jack Bender will be directing two episodes. His most notable work seems to be on Lost, where he directed 38 episodes, including several of the most highly regarded. Looking at imdb, all of the top five highest rated episodes, and seven of the top ten were directed by him.

I'd really love to see them bring back Michelle Maclaren, but I doubt it'll happen. Even having dropped out of Wonder Woman, she might be looking more toward film opportunities right now, especially given the enormous time commitment this show requires (something Bender talks about in the article above).

(edited)

To whomever it was who wanted Mads Mikkelsen as one of the Greyjoys, Hannibal was just canceled.

(Sorry for Hannibal fans)

I'm dreading the Ironborns but M.Mikkelsen as Euron would make me feel a tad more optimistic. If they use him better than A.Siddig/Doran -and still hope they'll do so in S6.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

Looks like they've added a new director for next season: Jack Bender will be directing two episodes. His most notable work seems to be on Lost, where he directed 38 episodes, including several of the most highly regarded. Looking at imdb, all of the top five highest rated episodes, and seven of the top ten were directed by him.

The fact that he directed Through the Looking Glass and The Constant gives me hope for next season.

• Love 6
Lachlan:  He’s the big leader of a group of renegades who have turned on the land that they swore to protect. They’re now extorting the poor and vulnerable.  He appears in 2 episodes in season 6

Flynn: He’s part of an outlaw band. The group is using religion to justify terrorizing and extorting what they need from the people of the countryside. He appears in 2 episodes in season 6. He appears to be part of Lachlan’s band.

Japeth: Another member of the outlaw band is this lieutenant. He’s a “rough-and-ready type” with a  strong physical presence, also appearing two episodes.

Repurposing / reimagining the savage band of outlaws that massacred Saltpans?  The fact that they're casting an obvious Elder Septon MerriBrother amalgam made me think of this plot point, though I have no idea how this could tie in to any of the current storylines, considering none of the main cast is in the vacinity. 

Sounds like another wacky wayside adventure, a.k.a., FILLER. 

2 new castles added for Game of Thrones season 6

n addition to HBO confirming the show’s use of the Bardenas badlands and the Alcazaba in Almeria, HBO has announced that this year, Game of Thrones will be shooting in the Castillo de Zafra, in the Guadalajara province, and in the Castell de Santa Florentina in the Catalonian city of Canet del Mar.

TOJ, the Rock, Highgarden and Horn Hill are my guesses for castles most likely to be in season 6.

I don't know if the Rock will appear yet (I'd love to be wrong though) but I think you're right about the others. I'd add the Hightower to that list.  

I also think we'll revisit the Twins, Pyke, and the Water Gardens in addition to the usual spots.  

I think the Rock is a possibility since I like the theory that Cersei burns KL so that Dany's season 2 vision comes true and the throne room is a ruin when she gets to Westeros; of course, even if that does happen, the show might want to make Cersei's return home her season 7 plot rather than her season 6 ending. I'm also hoping that Euron's invasion will allow us to see Highgarden before the series is over.

I can't remember the source but I think I read something that gave me the impression we'll be seeing Dorne again and not just Trystane in KL. Euron will probably be introduced when he returns to Pyke and meets Yara. And then there's the actor's old comment about Walder Frey appearing in season 6: if the show does get an extra season that might become a season 7 event since the casting makes it look like the Starks will be busy in the North. I guess they could send Jaime to the Riverlands to meet the Freys, but the show's timing (Cersei is powerless and about to have her trial) and the current state of the relationship (Jaime still loves her) would make it an odd choice.

I like that theory too I just don't see the Rock appearing until season 7. I agree with you though that it's a definitely possibility. I was just talking to Benteen about how I think that there very well could be a Lannister family reunion of sorts that takes place at Casterly Rock. 

Can't you just see Cersei being too ignorant to know that Casterly Rock is pretty much the only castle that is more or less dragon proof? That was a big reveal to me from TWOIAF and it makes me wonder if that little tidbit will ever be relevant. 

My thoughts are similar to yours wrt Highgarden. I'm hoping that Euron turns up the heat in the Reach and I'd love it if Olenna or Willas ended up being the prologue for Winds. 

The travel timelines on this show make it so difficult to speculate about certain storylines. The showrunners indicated that Jaime was returning to KL so I'm guessing that he'll get there after the trial and somehow Cersei will get Jaime to attend the wedding of Kevan's daughter and Walder Frey. I think that could be a way to get Jaime hooked up with Brienne again if she's still following Sansa around. 

• Love 1

I'd guess Horn Hill (since the casting indicates the entire Tarley family will show up) and Tower of Joy.  Castillo de Zafra could be Casterly Rock, but it doesn't look big enough -- too much castle and not enough rock. 

Kit is being spotted, this time with pics, in Belfast airports.

But apparently he's refusing to pose with fans. No way all this thinly-veiled mystery is just to hide a corpse cameo.

• Love 1

But apparently he's refusing to pose with fans. No way all this thinly-veiled mystery is just to hide a corpse cameo.

I agree. I really don't understand see the advantage of keeping it a "mystery" at all. The same people who are keeping an eye out for clues about Kit are the same people who were already invested in the show. 

• Love 1

Well, we're invested in spoilers anyway. And for those who aren't, they're either going to tune in to the start of s6, see Jon not reborn yet and maybe actually stop watching, or he'll be brought back to life very soon and the death fake-out will feel like even more of a ripoff.

Does anyone know if the Myrcella, Bran and Tommen actors live in the same city? She's been posting Twitter pics of them together, which made me wonder if she will be filming Myrcella's funeral (though it might be more logical for her to be buried at sea than for her corpse to survive the journey from hot Dorne to KL pretty enough for a Tywin-style public viewing in 6x01).

I guess the Kit hair watch has gotten the show extra promotion and articles, but it's an annoying strategy. The show is huge: the aired episodes have enough cheap shocks to keep people talking without this Jon mess.

• Love 1

I am holding out hope (delusional hope but hope nonetheless) that Myrcella will survive because Trystane has antidote or bad pussy slipped it to Bron.  I will accept either story.  So if she is filming maybe that means my delusional hope isn't completed inconceivable.

I just can't make that boat getting to KL with Myrcella dead make any sense in my head.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, as much as her death doesn't make sense in the immediate short term, her being "just kidding, actually alive" really doesn't make sense in the long term story, which is more important I think (as much as it requires me to suspend my disbelief about the Dornish boat returning to KL with her dead body in it). The death of all three Baratheon/Lannister heirs is an additional, important factor that will plunge the kingdom into chaos.

Edited by Audreythe2nd
  • Love 2

The only reason to attempt to keep Jon's resurrection a mystery is if they were trying not to spoil the books as a courtesy to GRRM assuming it's a possibility that Winds of Winter could be released before the beginning of season 6, which I doubt. Not that there was anyway it would work because you can't hide an actor, but if they really wanted to do it I wish they hadn't lied by saying that Kit Harrington wouldn't be back for season 6. They could have said Jon was dead (which he is) and refused to answer questions about the possibility of him being resurrected. We still would have had Hair Watch and all the buzz without being lied to.  It was just so unnecessary. If they were keeping the cliffhanger entirely for the show then, IMO, that was a poor decision. I think ending the season with Jon's resurrection would have created even more anticipation for season 6.