Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't see Lyanna anywhere in that scene. According to Truede she was supposed to be there, and I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be.

Depending on the timing of this episode's events, I'm wondering if Jon gives Melisandre the heave ho by the time this meeting rolls around, since Davos is there and she doesn't appear to be.

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't see Lyanna. Or Ghost, hmph! I think I see the back of Lord Glover. Some on reddit are saying Littlefinger is there, but I don't see him.

Just now, CofCinci said:

I think Lyanna is the one kneeling.

Spoiler

Could be. I thought it was a dude, though. Too bad there's no pause button for the gif, heh.

Who's the older dude to Sansa's left wearing what looks like a big, billowing nightgown? I thought he was a maester at first, but now I'm not so sure.

• Love 1
(edited)

It looks like Davos stays seated???  Hmmm... What's up with that.  Is it because he isn't a Northern lord?  But Tormund rises....

Here's a still shot:

JM9wTD1.jpg

nT53VdD.jpg

Doesn't seem like the kneeler is Lyanna.  My bad.

I wonder if the 2 empty chairs at the Stark table are symbolic of Bran and Arya.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

OhmyGod, ohmygod, ohmygod!! Just saw this spoilerly-as-hell gif on /r/freefolk in regards to what will happen in the North tonight (don't click if you don't want to be spoiled):

Spoilerly goodness

Edit: beaten to the punch by CofCinci, LOL. Davos is sitting on the table to Sansa's left. Next to what I believe is Manderly.

Spoiler

THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!

Spoiler

Kneeling guy might be that callow young Northern lord we heard about.

I thought I saw Yohn Royce in the mix. It would make sense, since the actor filmed in December when the big Northern lords scene was filmed.

(edited)

You can see Yohn Royce seated beside Davos, and drawing his sword.  Maybe they throw in the crown of Mountain and Vale as a bonus?

Spoiler

They seem to be looked at Sansa.  Her posture would suggest she's been speaking, so I'm guessing that's her assenting to Jon being crowned.

Edited by SeanC

So, Davos is there in the crowd but Mel is not. Also notably absent is Littlefinger.

With Sansa sitting by Jon's side I think we can confirm she's backing Jon and not siding with Littlefinger. The only question is whether Baelish left with his tail between his legs or if he's Ghost's new chewtoy.

• Love 1

I know what Truede said about the happenings in the North tonight, but I notice a few things that make me doubt who is being declared _itN:

Spoiler

I don't see Baby Bear Lyanna anywhere even though she's supposed to be the one who first declares for Jon. 

Lord Royce (if that is him and not Manderly) is drawing his sword. Why would he declare for Jon?

As Sean C said, many seem to be looking at Sansa as the clip begins.

I want my boy to become KitN, but I'm starting to think it may be Sansa as QitN after all.

10 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

So, Davos is there in the crowd but Mel is not. Also notably absent is Littlefinger.

With Sansa sitting by Jon's side I think we can confirm she's backing Jon and not siding with Littlefinger. The only question is whether Baelish left with his tail between his legs or if he's Ghost's new chewtoy.

As much as I like the idea of Ghost ripping out Littlefinger's throat, I don't think we'll be that lucky. I'm thinking that he's present but isn't visible or is on his way somewhere ostensibly on Sansa's behalf. 

As for Royce declaring for Jon, why not if the alternative is supporting Tommen and the Faith Militant? Aren't the Royce's worshippers of the old gods? They'd have every reason to side eye the new regime that is intolerant of other faiths. 

• Love 1
Just now, Avaleigh said:

Aren't the Royce's worshippers of the old gods? 

The Royces follow the Faith of the Seven.

If they've been filled in on (and believe) the apocalyptic threat of the White Walkers, perhaps they rally to Jon as the man to lead them against that threat?

6 minutes ago, SeanC said:

He's possibly there, standing in the back left of the second shot.

Possible only in the sense that its a dark unrecognizable blob of people. One would think he'd be with Lord Royce.

For that matter, as vassel to House Arryn, how does Lord Royce even have the right to declare for Jon? Littlefinger is Protector of the Vale until Robin comes of age. The only way I can see Lord Royce being able to declare for Jon without being a traitor to his oaths to House Arryn is if something changed in that regard.

7 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The Royces follow the Faith of the Seven.

If they've been filled in on (and believe) the apocalyptic threat of the White Walkers, perhaps they rally to Jon as the man to lead them against that threat?

I know they have a sept and a septon at Runestone as Winterfell does/did (because of Cat) but is it official that they aren't followers of the old gods as well? I thought they were sort of like the Blackwoods in this way. I thought the Royces were really into having the blood of the First Men and that not forgetting the old gods is part of that (Their words are "We Remember."). Interesting to know that they're followers of the Seven. 

1 minute ago, Chris24601 said:

Possible only in the sense that its a dark unrecognizable blob of people.

No, there's one particular face that sort of looks like him.  At this range it's hard to see for sure, of course.

Just now, Avaleigh said:

I know they have a sept and a septon at Runestone as Winterfell does/did (because of Cat) but is it official that they aren't followers of the old gods as well? I thought they were sort of like the Blackwoods in this way. I thought the Royces were really into having the blood of the First Men and that not forgetting the old gods is part of that (Their words are "We Remember."). Interesting to know that they're followers of the Seven. 

They follow the knightly tradition, which is typically something only followers of the Faith do (some others get it as a battlefield promotion, but all of Yohn Royce's sons are knights, for instance).

(edited)
18 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

They are lucky that they did not cut off pieces of each other pulling those swords in such close proximity.

Their swords are made of Valyrian Rubber.

anigif_sub-buzz-1648-1466887892-5.gif

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It looks like Davos stays seated???  Hmmm... What's up with that.  Is it because he isn't a Northern lord?  But Tormund rises....

Here's a still shot:

JM9wTD1.jpg

nT53VdD.jpg

I think Tormund rises because he's there as the leader of the Wildlings and is pledging their loyalty to Jon as well. As for Lady Mormont, while I don't see her, her absence doesn't mean that they are declaring for Sansa, as Lady Lyanna would be present either way, as her House would still need to be represented.

Does it look as if the Man Bun is gone?  A sign, perhaps, as both the producers and KH said, that JS fighting his way out of the people pile was JS being reborn?

(edited)

I haven't been here all week, as a Sansa fan I will say she could die, she and Arya have things to work out ( if they haven't progressed) remember Arya last saw Sansa next to Cersei smiling just before Ned lost her head. The counterpoint to that was the play in Bravos, where it's showed she was forced in marriage.

But I wanted to bring up something I saw on yahoo this morning,

when King Robb came to winterfell, he touched Rickon,Cat,Ned, and Robb, they are all dead. Robert did not touch Arya,Sansa,Bran or Jon.

OK show starting see you all later.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 2