Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

That was some damn quick ship building. 

Well, Yara's ships clearly have transwarp drive, so the Ironborn presumably have replicators too.

• Love 10

The only way I can see this believably working is if Eurone set sail on his personal ship and infiltrated the Iron Borne when they were off getting T&A. Then he emerges when Yara and Theon are negotiating with Dany. I would find it far more believable if he sends his ships to the Reach to secure a place for Dany to land next season. But heck, warp speed ahead if it moves the damn story along!

• Love 2

DMT said that he'd heard from one guy that Theon died, but he didn't consider it a spoiler since he hadn't heard it from multiple sources the way he had with his other spoilers.

As for Theon/Yara and/or Euron in Meereen, it seems like the last few episodes are pretty busy in Meereen already, and there's no sight of any of those actors at the big Mesa Roldan powwow with Dany, Grey Worm, Missandei, Razdal, Tyrion, etc. With that said, if Theon and Yara are in Volantis by 6x07, it seems very likely that they'll arrive in Meereen by season's end.

1 hour ago, nksarmi said:

The only way I can see this believably working is if Eurone set sail on his personal ship and infiltrated the Iron Borne when they were off getting T&A. Then he emerges when Yara and Theon are negotiating with Dany. I would find it far more believable if he sends his ships to the Reach to secure a place for Dany to land next season. But heck, warp speed ahead if it moves the damn story along!

You'll never find me complaining that the travel times are unrealistically quick.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

As for Theon/Yara and/or Euron in Meereen, it seems like the last few episodes are pretty busy in Meereen already, and there's no sight of any of those actors at the big Mesa Roldan powwow with Dany, Grey Worm, Missandei, Razdal, Tyrion, etc. With that said, if Theon and Yara are in Volantis by 6x07, it seems very likely that they'll arrive in Meereen by season's end.

Maybe their arrival will basically be a teaser, a la Jaime and Brienne in KL at the end of Season 3?

Though that doesn't really seem like it gives much of a resolution, so probably not.

Heh, maybe that theory that Theon is replacing Quentyn Martell is true after all.

(edited)

L7R has some more news about Season 7 filming:

1. GOT is not back in Girona (Oldtown, KL, Braavos) for Season 7. HBO's headed back to Dubrovnik for KL filming.

2. Almost all the Season 6 locations are out: locations used for Horn Hill, Dothraki Sea, and Meereen are all out. Almeria might be reused, due to the diversity.

3. Looks like GOT will be back in Spain for Season 7, though, and not just for the Canary Islands.

4. Season 7 will have a number of battles either in castles or next to them.

5. Fresco Films has been scouting locations in Galicia, but L7R can't 100% confirm it's for GOT. L7R says that Galicia is similar to Northern Ireland.

ETA: And we finally have a 6x08 synopsis:

While Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) weighs his options, Cersei (Lena Headey) answers a request. Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage) plans bear fruit. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a new test.

The previous 6x08-6x10 synopses were fake.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

1. GOT is not back in Girona (Oldtown, KL, Braavos) for Season 7. HBO's headed back to Dubrovnik for KL filming.

2. Almost all the Season 6 locations are out: locations used for Horn Hill, Dothraki Sea, and Meereen are all out. Almeria might be reused, due to the diversity.

Praise be to the Seven, the old gods, the Drowned God, and Red Rahloo too.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SeanC said:

Well, Yara's ships clearly have transwarp drive, so the Ironborn presumably have replicators too.

Yeah, GRRM will probably still have characters sewing the sails in 2020.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Just as a point of clarification, on reread a more accurate translation would be that Javi from L7R didn't say that the Horn Hill, Dothraki Sea, and Meereen locations would be out for sure, just that based on the information that Girona is out (because Braavos won't be around very much in Season 7), and also based on Javi's inside information about how Season 6 pans out, Javi doesn't expect GOT to go back to the locations for Horn Hill, the Dothraki Sea, etc., because Javi believes based on inside information that it's unlikely that Sam will go back to Horn Hill, that Dany will go back to the Dothraki Sea, that there will be more scenes at the Tower of Joy, or that "Meereen will be as relevant." So there could still be some Meereen scenes, I guess, but Javi seems to think that there's no need to go back to the Peniscola location for Meereen filming in Season 7 and lumps it in with the other locations unlikely to be revisited in Season 7.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Just as a point of clarification, on reread a more accurate translation would be that Javi from L7R didn't say that the Horn Hill, Dothraki Sea, and Meereen locations would be out for sure, just that based on the information that Girona is out (because Braavos won't be around very much in Season 7), and also based on Javi's inside information about how Season 6 pans out, Javi doesn't expect GOT to go back to the locations for Horn Hill, the Dothraki Sea, etc., because Javi believes based on inside information that it's unlikely that Sam will go back to Horn Hill, that Dany will go back to the Dothraki Sea, that there will be more scenes at the Tower of Joy, or that "Meereen will be as relevant." So there could still be some Meereen scenes, I guess, but Javi seems to think that there's no need to go back to the Peniscola location for Meereen filming in Season 7 and lumps it in with the other locations unlikely to be revisited in Season 7.

At least re: Horn Hill, I'd call that a pretty safe bet solely on episode 606.  There's no real reason for Sam to return there, since Gilly isn't staying.

UnbrokenRemembers, a poster on r/freefolk who seems to be regarded as an accurate spoiler source, has made some random comments about upcoming episodes:

Spoiler

- Lady Crane saves Arya, which would imply that that actually was Arya getting knifed like a chump in 607.  Boy will some people be angry about that.

- No Jon or Sansa in 608.

- He says that Lord Dondarrion is still alive, and that the three men who massacred Ray's congregation were acting on their own.

- Ramsay is fed to his hounds.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Spoiler/foiler making the rounds...

Sansa marries LF (pic of him at Winterfell Godswood). 

Is that from anything that resembers a reliable source because I don't see WHY Sansa would do that. LF offered to help her just a few episodes ago as an apology. I also find it hard to believe that's where Martin would go.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Spoiler/foiler making the rounds...

Sansa marries LF (pic of him at Winterfell Godswood). 

I'm sure that is the Winterfell godswood (some sharp-eyed fans noticed that the background matched other scenes in the godswood), but I'm less sure it's another marriage. It seems likely that the picture is from 6x10, since I doubt LF would be anywhere near Winterfell before the battle.

Going into heavy potential post-BOTB spoilers for the Northern storyline, so it's going beneath a cut:

Spoiler

User WyllaStark at Reddit, citing an alleged source on WOTW, claims that it's LF and Jon as well as Ghost, and if you look carefully in the godswood, the character shown from the back appears to be wearing a jacket (which Sansa would not be wearing). WyllaStark also states that their source says that LF claims to have important information for Jon. (I'm guessing if this is true that LF will try to drive a wedge between Sansa and Jon.)

Although the BOTB has been completely spoiled, there are a few lingering question marks, one of which is this big Northern lords meeting. The fat nobleman (speculated to be Lord Manderly) is supposed to make a stirring speech switching his allegiance, and a callow young man (speculated to be Lord Cerwyn) is also present. There are a number of rumours/potential spoilers now flying around (including one from WyllaStark) that suggest that the big meeting takes place after the battle. Spoiler sources indicate that the Manderlys are absent from the battle, and that the Cerwyns are absent as well. The spoiler sources named only those groups mentioned in 6x07 on Team Jon (wildlings, Hornwood, Mazin, Mormont). This seems to align with 6x07, where Sansa tries to get Jon to allow more time to get the Manderlys and the Cerwyns on board and he refuses. It looks like Jon and Sansa will be absent from 6x08, which suggests that Cerwyn and Manderly sit this one out but do make an appearance in 6x10 at this big powwow.

So now I'm thinking the Northern lords meeting takes place in 6x10. I've seen a few rumours/potential spoilers that the northern lords apologize to Jon for not supporting him at the battle and that Jon is acclaimed King in the North and legitimized (?!). Quote from WyllaStark: "They also said the Northern Houses converge in Winterfell post battle and express regret for not following Jon into battle. Big speech from a fat Northern Lord where he struggles to kneel and calls Jon his King. Other Lords follow suit and he's proclaimed King in the North and Jon Stark."

This aligns with truede's spoilers, which state that "a teenage girl" (Lyanna Mormont, we can assume) speaks up at the meeting about how she trusts the Starks and was one of the only ones to follow them into battle. "Then the other houses speak up and apologize about not following the Starks and they don't care that he is a bastard."

Bottom line: It seems that Jon will end Season 6 as the acknowledged leader of the North (I'm not sure why Sansa would get passed over in the show, but whatever), leading neatly into the reveal that he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. It might be where the books are going, but the show might be making up for the lack of Robb's will disinheriting Sansa and legitimizing Jon in the books. Sophie Turner has said that Sansa ultimately has Jon's back, so if the Northern lords want him leading them I'm guessing she'll support him...until LF manages to drive a wedge between them, at least.

...If Sansa is knocked up with a legitimate Bolton baby, that might be a reason the Northerners may want to pass her over. I'm not convinced she isn't.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

Regarding LF and Jon near the godswood:

Spoiler

Perhaps he'll tell Jon about his true parentage. When in the Winterfell crypt, he seemed to give Sansa a side-eye when she said that Rhaegar raped her aunt that implied he knew the true story  

Edited by scottiB
Clarity
  • Love 2

Here's the verbatim quote from the alleged source in the WOTW comments section (potential spoilers for the Northern storyline):

Spoiler

Have VFX source who works in major firm used by this series. This plot exists, different from the way you expect if you’ve read the books. Northern plot in episode 10. Northern Houses converge in Winterfell post battle. Express regret for not following Jon into battle. Big speech for fat Northern Lord where he struggles to kneel and calls Jon his King. Other Lords follow. Proclaimed King in the North and Jon Stark.

In addition, (though less positive) told the shot from trailer where Littlefinger glances behind at something circling when someone comes into view, is Winterfell godswood. CGI stick used for the rear glance shot. Told CGI stick used for Ghost who encircles LF, and the face to face is with Jon. LF will make a big claim of knowledge he is in possession of to Jon. Wish to reiterate less positive this is accurate. VFX source did no work with this supposed scene. Second hand info.

Spoiler

If it's accurate (though what VFX work would be done on a Northern lords' conference scene?  that sort of nitpicking has often been erroneous in the past, and these certainly sound plausible), a "big claim of knowledge" would seem like it has to be Jon's parentage.  I guess that would also dovetail with Bran's flashback in the same episode.

1 hour ago, nksarmi said:

Is that from anything that resembers a reliable source because I don't see WHY Sansa would do that.

I think it's just fan speculation. I noticed that since Sansa's letter was deciphered, people are guessing that the "reward" she's offering is marriage. I'm not buying it at all.

This latest batch of possible post-BotB spoilers makes me very happy.

If true, I like that the Northern lords congregate at WF after the battle, apologize to the Starks for not backing them, and then proclaim Jon KitN. Maybe 6x10

is the episode that is "Jon's story" that Kit mentioned in his EW interview. It's certainly sounding like it will be a Jon-heavy episode, what with the KitN and part 2 of ToJ. And if King Jon meets with LF in the Godswood and sets his ass straight, even better.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Based on what is known about the remainder of the season, I predict the following appearances:

Arya: 6x08, 6x10 (back in Westeros for 6x10)

Jon/Sansa/Davos: 6x09, 6x10 (looks like they sit out 6x08 but are in the last two in a big way)

Tyrion: 6x08, 6x09, 6x10 (we know he's in 6x08 and 6x09 for sure, and we know that the Meereen storyline is in 6x10, so it seems like a safe bet he's in all three)

Theon/Yara: 6x10 (they seem to be absent from the 6x09 Mesa Roldan scene with pretty much everyone in the Meereen storyline except Daario, so I'm guessing that they show up in 6x10 to offer ships)

Dany: 6x08, 6x09, 6x10 (6x09 and 6x10 are confirmed, I'm guessing Dany makes it back to Meereen in 6x08)

KL cast: 6x08, 6x10 (sits out 6x09, I'm guessing)

Riverrun cast: 6x08, 6x10 (6x08 and 6x10 are confirmed, I'm guessing that they sit out 6x09 after two very big Riverlands episodes)

Bran: 6x10 (remainder of TOJ vision)

Sam: 6x10 (we know he has a brief scene with an Oldtown maester...6x10 seems likely as the setup scenes for the next season usually are in the finale)

36 minutes ago, SeanC said:
  Hide contents

If it's accurate (though what VFX work would be done on a Northern lords' conference scene?

Spoiler

Ghost?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

"LF will make a big claim of knowledge he is in possession of to Jon." If Littlefinger knows about Jon's true parentage (HTH would he know that anyway?), I could see him using it as a last ditch effort to proclaim Sansa the QitN and keep Jon from fucking up all his plans. I doubt LF telling Jon about his real parents is an altruistic act. Losing the North to Ned's bastard is one thing, but losing it to Lyanna's bastard is another. Hopefully the sooner the WW breach the Wall, the sooner LF can GTFO of the Northern storyline. Or maybe Ghost can eat him.

(edited)

The alleged source in the WOTW comments section, "lpr7," references alleged information from a source doing VFX for Season 6, some of which aligns with truede's spoilers:

Spoiler

Truede spoiled about a Northern lords meeting where Jon is acclaimed as the KITN and the Northern lords apologize for not supporting him.

lpr7's new alleged spoilers are about Jon meeting with LF in the godswood with Ghost.

It reminded me of this comment in the comment thread at WOTW from the March madness promo post, by user "prt":

NK fire shot, done in closed studio. Miguel Sapochnik episode, heavy VFX work from Spanish based firm. Bran vision, from future. NK interrupting future wedding. Expect internet explosion at the reveal of the two characters whose wedding is being interrupted.

The user names are different but similar. Both posts reference a source doing VFX (specified to be a Spanish firm in the prt post). Both posts use a clipped writing style. It seems likely that they're authored by the same person.

So...we know that the "NK fire shot" (the shot from behind of the NK entering the flames) is not from a Bran vision of the future. So that leads to two possibilities, assuming prt=lpr7:

1. prt/lpr7 is full of shit and none of the prt/lpr7-only info (as opposed to the information taken from truede) is legit. The overlap with truede's legit spoilers is lpr7 attempting to piggyback off legit information to make the foilers seem more credible, the same way the prt post piggybacked off legit information (the NK fire shot) to make the foilers sound more credible.

2. prt/lpr7 is completely legit and just got confused about the NK fire shot. The wedding information from prt and the lpr7 information about the Northern spoilers is all correct.

Door Number 1 seems more likely, due to truede saying that we've seen the last of the WW for this season, and if that's the case, the "spoilers" provided by prt/lpr7 can be discounted, except to the extent that they overlap with truede's spoilers. Grain of salt, is all I'm saying.

Assuming, just assuming, though, that the vision of the future wedding is a thing, and that the "Jon-heavy" episode is 6x10, doesn't it seem likely that the wedding is Jon's?

There is at least one Spanish VFX firm working on Seasons 5 and 6 (El Ranchito). They only seem to have worked on the Hardhome sequence in Season 5, though.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
Spoiler

If that's true, I wonder if d&d want to extend Littlefingers life longer. Maybe Littlefinger is planning on riding Jon's coat tails to the top.  While on the other side, Varys is backing Dany.  

The titles for 6x09 and 6x10--Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter--have been confirmed.

Naming an episode of an adaptation after an unpublished book that the author failed to finish in time? Cold. Awesome, but cold.

• Love 4
(edited)

My personal speculation based on the spoilers from Truede and DMT

Sansa will tell Jon about the Vale forces (we don't know if she will tell him the whole true). They still decide to march to Winterfell to avoid getting stuck like Stannis in the blizzard and wait there for the Vale forces. They see the crosses and probably Sansa decides to go and find the Vale while Jon waits. Ramsay comes and frees Rickon before starting to shoot arrows at him, Jon goes to save him, Davos says  "follow your lord commander" and battle starts . The Vale forces finally arrives and saves Jon and company

What do you guys think? 

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Edith said:

My personal speculation based on the spoilers from Truede and DMT

Hide contents

Sansa will tell Jon about the Vale forces (we don't know if she will tell him the whole true). They still decide to march to Winterfell to avoid getting stuck like Stannis in the blizzard and wait there for the Vale forces. They see the crosses and probably Sansa decides to go and find the Vale while Jon waits. Ramsay comes and frees Rickon before starting to shoot arrows at him, Jon goes to save him, Davos says  "follow your lord commander" and battle starts . The Vale forces finally arrives and saves Jon and company

What do you guys think? 

Spoiler

There's no time for Sansa to go from Winterfell, where the crosses are, to Moat Cailin, where the Vale army is, and back to Winterfell to save Jon in your scenario.  It's more likely that Jon and Sansa part ways some time before Jon and his army reach Winterfell.  Probably a short while after they leave Stannis' camp.   In the book maps there's a fork in the King's Road, one arm leads east to Winterfell and the other arm leads south to Moat Cailin, that's probably where they'll separate.

Sansa will tell Jon that she sent a raven to LF and that she'll head south to meet him.  If he got her letter and agreed, the Vale army must be heading toward them, anyway; so, she wouldn't have to travel that far south, hopefully.

21 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Here's the verbatim quote from the alleged source in the WOTW comments section (potential spoilers for the Northern storyline):

Hide contents

Have VFX source who works in major firm used by this series. This plot exists, different from the way you expect if you’ve read the books. Northern plot in episode 10. Northern Houses converge in Winterfell post battle. Express regret for not following Jon into battle. Big speech for fat Northern Lord where he struggles to kneel and calls Jon his King. Other Lords follow. Proclaimed King in the North and Jon Stark.

In addition, (though less positive) told the shot from trailer where Littlefinger glances behind at something circling when someone comes into view, is Winterfell godswood. CGI stick used for the rear glance shot. Told CGI stick used for Ghost who encircles LF, and the face to face is with Jon. LF will make a big claim of knowledge he is in possession of to Jon. Wish to reiterate less positive this is accurate. VFX source did no work with this supposed scene. Second hand info.

Hysterical wording/phrasing going on here. All very intel.  :P

Based on promos, leaks and spoilers, here's a list of the likely or possible deaths over the next three episodes:

KL: 

Likely: Margaery, Unella, Mace, Loras, Tommen, Lancel, Pycelle, High Sparrow...pretty much everyone

Possible: Kevan

North:

Likely: Rickon, Ramsay, Smalljon, Wun Wun

Possible: Karstark

Riverlands:

Likely: Lame Lothar, Walder Frey, BWB goons

Possible: Blackfish, Thoros of Myr

Meereen:

Likely: No specific spoilers pointing to deaths

Possible: Razdal and company, Theon

Braavos:

Likely: Waif

Wall:

Likely: No specific spoilers

Possible: all bets are off if the Wall falls

A few other spoilers about the upcoming episode from UnbrokenRemembers, whose past comments were accurate:

Spoiler

- Edmure sired a son by Roslin in the show.

- Lancel does not die in 608.

• Love 1

On the fate of KL: WOTW posted today about a podcast D&D did back in February where they talked about a Season 7 scene they were writing that started out as a four-person scene in the throne room and ended up as a parade through the streets of KL filmed with 1,000 extras.

So it seems as if it's just the Sept which is blown up with wildfire. I wonder who the four people will be in the throne room. Is this Tommen's funeral procession? Joffrey didn't rate a parade through the streets. Coronation?

I was looking over the trailer...again.  There is one close up shot of Sansa with a screened in fire in the background.   I wanted to see if she was at Moat Cailin, so I watched an old scene when Theon was there.  It looked like the same screened in fire in the scene.  So Sansa definitely goes to Moat Cailin and rides in w Littlefinger.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, amandawoods said:

I was looking over the trailer...again.  There is one close up shot of Sansa with a screened in fire in the background.   I wanted to see if she was at Moat Cailin, so I watched an old scene when Theon was there.  It looked like the same screened in fire in the scene.  So Sansa definitely goes to Moat Cailin and rides in w Littlefinger.  

I remember the speculation as to where Sansa is in that shot of the trailer. After 6x01 aired, though, eagle-eyed viewers matched the brazier in the trailer to the ones in Winterfell. There was a picture of Roose & Ramsay walking down a hall in WF where the brazier could clearly be seen. So, I don't think that image is of Sansa in Moat Cailin, I think it's

in WF after the battle has been won and she returns home.

But I do wonder what is she spying on with that weird look on her face. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There are a few spoilers in WOTW. I don't know how reliable are but...

Spoiler

Apparently Beric is still alive and will be back next  episode. 

So if that happens will have confirmation in this other spoiler

Spoiler

Arya will be serving Frey Pies at the Twins celebration and she definitely steals the waif face and other faces before leaving Braavos. 

Edited by Edith
41 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Who is King when Tommen dies?

That depends on whether or not Margaery is pregnant. If she is, then she's Queen Regent and her child inherits. If not, then it would pass to a sibling. They're all dead, so it would pass to their children, of which there are none. At that point it goes to the paternal uncles--they're all dead, with no surviving children. At that point one looks for any surviving bastards of Robert Baratheon. So, either Margaery's unborn child is king, or Gendry is. If he can't be found, then you go back to Robert Baratheon's parents, and look for any surviving relatives. There are no cousins or anything--the Baratheon line is quite, quite extinguished. In the event that there is no child, and Gendry can't be found, then Danaerys is actually a logical choice, being the legitimate heir of the king before Robert. If SHE dies, that's a real problem, because there's no one else, I don't think.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

There are several possibilities.  In theory, Robert Baratheon's eldest male cousin on his Targaryen side (which I believe came from his mother, but I'm not really sure).  If there are any cousins once removed, or even twice removed, they may have a claim. If there are none, Robert's eldest recognized bastard (Edric Storm in the books, perhaps Gendry, if his parentage can be proved on the show).

If there are none, it should revert back to the Targaryens, so Dany would have a claim.  Maybe some families would start asking for her to take over even before cousins/bastards are considered, if they even remember she's still alive.

Or whoever seizes the throne immediately after Tommen dies by right of conquest.

If Margaery survives Tommen and she's pregnant, then her son/daughter would have the strongest claim, when he/she is born.

In short, anyone can be King if Tommen dies without heirs.  His death would throw the Kingdom into complete disarray, with everyone trying to be the next King.  Add to that the White Walkers invading, and Westeros is looking pretty doomed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WearyTraveler said:

Or whoever seizes the throne immediately after Tommen dies by right of conquest.

In short, anyone can be King if Tommen dies without heirs.  His death would throw the Kingdom into complete disarray, with everyone trying to be the next King.  Add to that the White Walkers invading, and Westeros is looking pretty doomed.

I think this may be how Littlefinger becomes king, if only for a short while.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I recall that someone for some site actually took a look at the genealogy pretty deeply and it turns out that you actually end up back in the Lannister line with Cersei (at the time the article was written) through Tywin's ancestors actually being next in line after Tommen (because Jaime was in the Kingsguard and Tyrion wanted for regicide). Now that Tommen's thrown Jaime out of the Kingsguard that would technically make Jaime next in line for the Iron Throne if you follow the Baratheon claim backwards.

Of course, Robert didn't entirely use right of conquest to legitimize his rule, he used his ties via his mother's side to the Targ's so in that sense Aerys' heirs have always had a more legitimate claim than him (which is why he was always so determined to wipe them out even though they weren't an immediate threat). By that measure Jon Snow has always been the rightful king even if no one knew it (the son of the crown prince, even if a bastard, takes precedence over any female claim to the Iron Throne per past royal decree), but the difficulty in proving his parentage so far as we know makes Dany appear to be the heir.

Frankly... the fact that the lines ARE so exhausted is probably reason enough to just do away with the damnable thing and let the old kingdoms go their separate ways.

• Love 3
(edited)

How would Tywin's ancestors be next in line? I've looked at the Lannister family tree as far back as it goes in AWOIAF starting from Tytos (Tywin's father) and Jeyne Marbrand (Tywin's mother) and there isn't a single Baratheon or Targaryen in there.

I'd love to see this research.  It's the first time I read there's any familial connection between the Lannisters and the Baratheons or the Targs.

Edited by WearyTraveler

I had no idea bastards could claim the throne in Westeros. I just assumed bastards were treated the same in Westeros as in the royal worlds I'm aware of in the real world. Even if acknowledged, they were banned from taking the throne for being illegitimate UNLESS the king at the time specifically put it in their will or made it an act of law (eg Henry VIII with Mary I and Elizabeth I). Thank you for that bit of information.

18 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

I had no idea bastards could claim the throne in Westeros. I just assumed bastards were treated the same in Westeros as in the royal worlds I'm aware of in the real world. Even if acknowledged, they were banned from taking the throne for being illegitimate UNLESS the king at the time specifically put it in their will or made it an act of law (eg Henry VIII with Mary I and Elizabeth I). Thank you for that bit of information.

Bastards can inherit but only after you run out of legitimate children. 

In the usual order of things Jon would only inherit Winterfell if Robb, Bran, Rickon, Sansa and Arya are out of the picture and it goes like that- eldest to youngest sons then eldest to youngest daughters. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, kcbuckeye2 said:

I think this may be how Littlefinger becomes king, if only for a short while.

I cannot imagine any scenario where Littlefinger becomes king for any period of time. Maybe he can finagle Robin onto the throne somehow, but he would have to get past Cersei and Jaime who are just going let him have the throne even with their son dead. 

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
47 minutes ago, patchwork said:

Bastards can inherit but only after you run out of legitimate children. 

In the usual order of things Jon would only inherit Winterfell if Robb, Bran, Rickon, Sansa and Arya are out of the picture and it goes like that- eldest to youngest sons then eldest to youngest daughters. 

Actually typically bastards don't even inherit then.

They go looking for the first trueborn member of the house who was related to one of the Lords of the House.

So after exhausting the Lord's children, they'd back up and look for someone with the previous Lord's blood, and then the previous Lord and so forth.

So let's use the Starks and assume that Bran, Rickon, Sansa and Arya all die or disappear before having children of their own. Also let's use the Stark family tree found in the World of Ice and Fire.

Ned's father Lord Rickard Stark had four children, Brandon, Ned, Lyanna, and Benjen, all are dead (or have renounced their inheritance and are missing beyond the Wall) and in our scenario all their children are also dead. If Benjen is found alive there is the possibility of a King releasing him from his vows to carry on his line, but let's assume that doesn't happen. 

Lord Rickard's father was Lord Edwyle Stark, he had only one son, Lord Rickard, no help there.

Lord Edwyle's father was Lord Willam Stark, he had 3 children, Edwyle, Brandon, and Jocelyn. Lord Edwyle (as previously stated) was Ned's Grandfather and had only one son who became Lord Rickard, Brandon died without issue, but Jocelyn had three daughters with Benedict Royce (of House Royce of the Gates of the Moon)

If Jocelyn is alive (unliklely) she would become Lady of Winterfell. If Jocelyn is dead but her eldest daughter (who wed into House Waynwood) is alive she would become Lady of Winterfell, her descendants would come after her, then Jocelyn's next daughter (who wed into House Corbray) and her descendants and finally Jocelyn's youngest daughter (who wed into House Templeton) and her descendants. In ASOS Cat implies that someone from this line may be alive.

If all of them are dead, Lord Willam had a younger brother, Artos Stark (called the Implacable), he had twin sons Brandon and Benjen who both had children as well, if any of those children (or their descendants) were alive they would come next.

If they are dead Lord Willam had another younger brother, Rodrik Stark (called The Wandering Wolf), he had two daughters, Lyarra Stark, who wed her cousin once-removed Lord Rickard (and therefore was the mother of Brandon, Ned, Lyanna and Benjen.), and Branda Stark who wed Harrold Rogers of House Rogers of Amberly in the Stromlands. If Branda had any descendants they would come next. 

So yeah, under normal inheritance a bastard does not come after a Lord's trueborn sons and daughters. Maybe if the entire House was extinguished a bastard might be considered, but I doubt it, cause in those cases the House is usually just considered extinct and the King would award the lands and castle to another Lord.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Without any detail, the WoIaF says that House Tarth has both Baratheon and Targaryen ties. So that would mean Selwyn Tarth. If he's even still alive. But he has no male heirs. 

If Brienne becomes Queen of the 7 Kingdoms, it will be the best thing that ever happened.

• Love 5

With the High Sparrow ordering Margaery to get pregnant....  I wonder if she'll be pregnant (or desperately try to get pregnant) or even state that she's pregnant after Tommen's death in order to secure the Throne.

• Love 1