Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Greysaddict said:

Shonda confirms that the season finale wasn't supposed to be SaRa's exit or the end of Calzona. She also confirmed in a Periscope that SaRa is taking "a much needed break". It sounds like SaRa is dealing with some personal stuff so I hope she eventually returns to GA, if not full time at least for an official goodbye.

Grey's Anatomy's' Shonda Rhimes: I Had a “Different Plan” for Callie Before Sara Ramirez's Departure

Interesting that Shonda said the plan was for Callie to go to New York. Sounds like regardless if SR sign up for s13 or not.   

6 minutes ago, Joana said:

Wait a minute, I obviously didn't read it right the first time. That was the plan all along?! No wonder she wanted out. 

Lol. Yea, I had to read it a few times, she said they got lucky because the end scene was for Callie to go to NY. 

seems like it was meant to be a cliffhanger of whether she would go or not.  OR maybe the rest of the scene is Callie says no to Arizona and that she is staying in Seattle but they just cut that part out to.  Ellen Pompeo did say that Shonda changed a scene they shot in the editing room, so its most likely that.

Well at least it explains why there was no big send off.  Shonda really didn't find out until last month.

I'll bet the 'going to New York' thing was a plan for her to go and make up with Penny and they'd come back to Seattle.  I mean time jumps are no issue.  I just still can't imagine they'd invest so much time and effort in Penny only to write her out like that.  She seemed like a favorite and SR doesn't relinquish her favorites easily.

On a rational note, I do like how she addresses all the departures on the show.  I am sure there have been some BTS drama with some of the departures but her explanation sounds so much more reasonable than all the lurid speculations that seem to accompany every single actor exit from the show.

11 hours ago, Greysaddict said:

seems like it was meant to be a cliffhanger of whether she would go or not.  OR maybe the rest of the scene is Callie says no to Arizona and that she is staying in Seattle but they just cut that part out to.  Ellen Pompeo did say that Shonda changed a scene they shot in the editing room, so its most likely that.

That's probably true. This couldn't have been the "beautiful payoff" that Kevin McKidd was talking about, right? I guess she was about to stay, they would make up and it would pave the way for the possibility of their reunion in the next season. 

I still think it's absolutely ridiculous Arizona would come up with such an offer in the first place. The entire custody storyline seems to be done by three different writing teams with no communication between each other. 

• Love 2

Grey's had the highest rated season finale on ABC this year (!!!!). The major draw of this season was certainly Meredith's story: I don't think Grey's could continue on without her, especially now that Callie is gone as well. Certainly a number of fans don't love Meredith, but this series has (since its inception) been her story at its core. Again, I get that many fans watch specifically for other characters or couples (April / Jackson, Alex, Callie / Arizona, etc.), but without Meredith I think it all falls apart. She is the title character and the main POV of the show. Anyway, here is a rundown of how ABCs finales did this year, for reference. I believe Grey's is the only ABC series to rise from last years' finale. Drama series are bolded: 

- Grey's Anatomy: 2.3
-Modern Family: 2.1
-The Goldbergs: 1.9
-Scandal: 1.8
-The Middle: 1.6
-Black-ish: 1.5
-HTGAWM: 1.4
-Castle: 1.3

-Fresh Off The Boat: 1.2
-Once Upon a Time: 1.2
-The Real O'Neals: 1.1
-Last Man Standing: 1.0
-Quantico: 1.0
-Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.0

-Dr.Ken: 0.9
-American Crime: 0.9
-The Muppets: 0.9
-Nashville: 0.8
-The Catch: 0.8
-Blood & Oil: 0.8
-Agent Carter: 0.7
-Galavant: 0.6
-Of Kings & Prophets: 0.5
-Wicked City: 0.4

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Grey's had the highest rated season finale on ABC this year (!!!!). The major draw of this season was certainly Meredith's story: I don't think Grey's could continue on without her, especially now that Callie is gone as well. Certainly a number of fans don't love Meredith, but this series has (since its inception) been her story at its core. Again, I get that many fans watch specifically for other characters or couples (April / Jackson, Alex, Callie / Arizona, etc.), but without Meredith I think it all falls apart. She is the title character and the main POV of the show. Anyway, here is a rundown of how ABCs finales did this year, for reference. I believe Grey's is the only ABC series to rise from last years' finale. Drama series are bolded: 

- Grey's Anatomy: 2.3
-Modern Family: 2.1
-The Goldbergs: 1.9
-Scandal: 1.8
-The Middle: 1.6
-Black-ish: 1.5
-HTGAWM: 1.4
-Castle: 1.3

-Fresh Off The Boat: 1.2
-Once Upon a Time: 1.2
-The Real O'Neals: 1.1
-Last Man Standing: 1.0
-Quantico: 1.0
-Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.0

-Dr.Ken: 0.9
-American Crime: 0.9
-The Muppets: 0.9
-Nashville: 0.8
-The Catch: 0.8
-Blood & Oil: 0.8
-Agent Carter: 0.7
-Galavant: 0.6
-Of Kings & Prophets: 0.5
-Wicked City: 0.4

Where's The Catch?

(edited)

So, the 2015 / 2016 season is officially over. TvLine has listed the top-rated shows with Live+7 DVR playback data. 

TOP RETURNING DRAMA | 18-49 DEMO
1 | Empire, FOX (6.4, including any available Live+7 DVR playback)
2 | The X-Files, FOX (4.8)
3 | Grey’s Anatomy, ABC (3.6)
4 | How to Get Away With Murder, ABC (3.5)
5 | Scandal, ABC (3.4)

TOP 10 OVERALL BY DEMO
NBC Sunday Night Football, NBC (7.5, +3% year over year)
Empire, Fox (6.4, -10%)
The Big Bang Theory, CBS (5.8, -11%)
Thursday Night Football, CBS/NFL (5.7, -3%)
The X-Files, FOX (4.8, NA)
The OT, FOX (4.4, -4%)
Grey’s Anatomy, ABC (3.6, -8%)
How to Get Away With Murder, ABC (3.5, -30%)
Modern Family, ABC (3.4, -37%)
Scandal, ABC (3.4, -24%)

Grey's Anatomy was the 4th highest rated scripted show on television in the demo overall this year behind only Empire, The Big Bang Theory, and the X-Files limited run revival. Kudos. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, BaseOps said:

It's on there... near the bottom with an 0.8 

Thanks for pointing that out. Just curious, do you know the threshold for a successful show? Obviously if you're on the top but shows with .8 or .4 are they considered successful enough to be renewed? 

12 hours ago, BaseOps said:

So, the 2015 / 2016 season is officially over. TvLine has listed the top-rated shows with Live+7 DVR playback data. 

TOP RETURNING DRAMA | 18-49 DEMO
1 | Empire, FOX (6.4, including any available Live+7 DVR playback)
2 | The X-Files, FOX (4.8)
3 | Grey’s Anatomy, ABC (3.6)
4 | How to Get Away With Murder, ABC (3.5)
5 | Scandal, ABC (3.4)

TOP 10 OVERALL BY DEMO
NBC Sunday Night Football, NBC (7.5, +3% year over year)
Empire, Fox (6.4, -10%)
The Big Bang Theory, CBS (5.8, -11%)
Thursday Night Football, CBS/NFL (5.7, -3%)
The X-Files, FOX (4.8, NA)
The OT, FOX (4.4, -4%)
Grey’s Anatomy, ABC (3.6, -8%)
How to Get Away With Murder, ABC (3.5, -30%)
Modern Family, ABC (3.4, -37%)
Scandal, ABC (3.4, -24%)

Grey's Anatomy was the 4th highest rated scripted show on television in the demo overall this year behind only Empire, The Big Bang Theory, and the X-Files limited run revival. Kudos. 

Interesting to see the decline in these popular show yet an incline in football. Empire lost a huge amount of viewers, some have speculated due to the gay SL. 

48 minutes ago, Catznip said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Just curious, do you know the threshold for a successful show? Obviously if you're on the top but shows with .8 or .4 are they considered successful enough to be renewed? 

These days, anything above a 1.5 in the demo (with live viewers) is good, honestly. Which is sad, because that would mean automatic cancelation just a few years ago. But young people aren't watching TV live anymore. The Catch got picked up solely because it's a Shonda property, it seems. The ratings were bad, especially considering it was heavily promoted and part of TGIT. I think S2 may get pushed to summer '17 or just be used to fill gaps in the schedule. I doubt it will return to TGIT until Notorious bombs.  

40 minutes ago, Catznip said:

Interesting to see the decline in these popular show yet an incline in football. Empire lost a huge amount of viewers, some have speculated due to the gay SL. 

When you look at the decline of Empire compared to Scandal / HTGAWM, it's not so big at all (-10% VS. -24% & -30%). I don't think the decline would have anything to do with a gay storyline, considering Empire was focusing on a gay character right from the pilot episode and told those stories throughout S1. The first season was an anomaly: it increased in ratings every episode after the pilot, which has never happened in the age of Neilson ratings tracking. It had nowhere to go but down. -10% is, like I said, quite good considering. It had the 2nd smallest rate of decline among top 10 scripted shows behind only Grey's. 

• Love 1

By all rights, X-Files shouldn't be on there -- the post-NFC championship game airing was out-of-time-period and should've been specialed out. Grey's should be #2. :grumbles:

This chart makes me realize that despite all the complaints about how badly ABC is doing, it's really only live viewing where they're suffering. People are watching ABC, if the ranker is any indication, they're just not watching it live. Knowing Grey's gets in the low-mid 2s, it's impressive how much of its rating comes from live viewing. Go, 12 year-old Grey's -- redefining "Must See TV."

(edited)

This is from awhile ago, but I thought it was interesting.  

#TGIT on ABC: Shonda Rhimes' Tweets Call Tagline Ownership Into Question

Rhimes herself strongly suggested that a lineup with a non-Shondaland show in the mix does not qualify as #TGIT, by tweeting on Thursday night (after both Grey’s andThe Catch aired their season finales), “This is the final night for #TGIT until 2017! See you for #GreysAnatomy and #HTGAWM in the fall!”

The prolific producer seemed to reiterate her point with a second tweet: “#TGIT returns with #GreysAnatomy #Scandal and #TheCatch next year! #Shondaland.”

On the one hand, ABC really owes a lot of its recent success to Shonda and Shondaland and Shondaco did kickoff the whole #TGIT promotion with her shows, so I can see where she might be a little proprietary about it.  On the other hand, she didn't invent Thursdays, and given the falling ratings for her shows other than Grey's, this seems a little short-sighted to me, if not kind of petty.   I also think that the hashtag phenomenon is part of the reason that her shows either aren't as good as they used to be (or so I've read, I don't watch Scandal or The Catch) or at least aren't as highly rated.  The writers seem to be writing for the next OMG moment, rather than for character-driven drama.  Who knows what the new show will be like, I am not really familiar with Josh Berman, maybe his stuff is really not compatible with the Shonda brand of stuff, but it may not hurt to add another kind of show under the #TGIT umbrella.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

This is from awhile ago, but I thought it was interesting.  

#TGIT on ABC: Shonda Rhimes' Tweets Call Tagline Ownership Into Question

On the one hand, ABC really owes a lot of its recent success to Shonda and Shondaland and Shondaco did kickoff the whole #TGIT promotion with her shows, so I can see where she might be a little proprietary about it.  On the other hand, she didn't invent Thursdays, and given the falling ratings for her shows other than Grey's, this seems a little short-sighted to me, if not kind of petty.   I also think that the hashtag phenomenon is part of the reason that her shows either aren't as good as they used to be (or so I've read, I don't watch Scandal or The Catch) or at least aren't as highly rated.  The writers seem to be writing for the next OMG moment, rather than for character-driven drama.  Who knows what the new show will be like, I am not really familiar with Josh Berman, maybe his stuff is really not compatible with the Shonda brand of stuff, but it may not hurt to add another kind of show under the #TGIT umbrella.

I think this is really a case of the media turning a tweet into news.  ABC created the moniker of "TGIT" and is fully allowed to use it no matter what shows they program on the night.  I think Shonda knows that and simply meant it was the last night of "her" TGIT but not that ABC couldn't use the phrase until it was a three hour block of Shondaland programming.  

FWIW the show ABC has scheduled for 9pm (Notorious) seems very compatible with the Shonda audience, speaking as someone who watches all four of Shonda's current shows, but I have no idea if they will continue to use the marketing of TGIT in the fall.   

Edited by Greysaddict
(edited)

I didn't take Shonda's tweet as anything more than it was the last night the 3 shows would air together until 2017.  I wouldn't have thought twice about it if the article didn't come out.  ABC marketing came up with the whole #TGIT campaign & I do wonder if they'll use it in the fall when its not the 3 Shondaland shows or if they'll come up with something new. IMO, its time for something new even if the 3 were airing together. 

Greysaddict - your link for the Linda Holmes article links to this thread. Matt Mittovich tweeted a link to an article about fandoms too - applies to most. Interesting read along with Greysaddicts' article if anyone is interested.

Shonda Rhimes Named Mipcom’s Personality of the Year

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

I would have been stunned had she not re-signed.  One interesting thing that Shonda said a couple of weekends ago (at Vulture's festival/convention? in NY) was that "when Ellen goes I go" or something quite similar to that.  Maybe it is nothing, but I saw that as different than saying when Ellen goes, Grey's goes.  Maybe that's ultimately what she meant, but I could see her completely turning over the show to the other long time EPs for them to try to keep it going, but having no involvement at all but a cursory level as head of the production company going forward from that point.  Who knows.

7 hours ago, pennben said:

I would have been stunned had she not re-signed.  One interesting thing that Shonda said a couple of weekends ago (at Vulture's festival/convention? in NY) was that "when Ellen goes I go" or something quite similar to that.  Maybe it is nothing, but I saw that as different than saying when Ellen goes, Grey's goes.  Maybe that's ultimately what she meant, but I could see her completely turning over the show to the other long time EPs for them to try to keep it going, but having no involvement at all but a cursory level as head of the production company going forward from that point.  Who knows.

Interesting point noted Pennben. However, IMO, I don't think Shonda would relinquish anything she's created. Read about the ruckus behind #TGIT!

So beyond Sara, it doesn't look like there is going to be any mass exodus from the show, which still leaves us with a lot of characters.  If they decide to bring in someone for Arizona or Maggie or Stephanie, there will be even more.  I think that this will definitely happen for at least one of them, especially since it has been awhile since any of those characters have had long term love interests.  I guess we have Cross and DeLuca who are completely single, and while I think that Maggie and Cross have the same level of emotional and social maturity, I doubt that they will go there.    So unless Maggie, Meredith or Stephanie come out as bisexual, we are going to get a bunch of new players or there will be a ridiculous amount of partner swapping,  which really isn't much better for me than new characters.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

So beyond Sara, it doesn't look like there is going to be any mass exodus from the show, which still leaves us with a lot of characters.  If they decide to bring in someone for Arizona or Maggie or Stephanie, there will be even more.  I think that this will definitely happen for at least one of them, especially since it has been awhile since any of those characters have had long term love interests.  I guess we have Cross and DeLuca who are completely single, and while I think that Maggie and Cross have the same level of emotional and social maturity, I doubt that they will go there.    So unless Maggie, Meredith or Stephanie come out as bisexual, we are going to get a bunch of new players or there will be a ridiculous amount of partner swapping,  which really isn't much better for me than new characters.

Who's Cross?  Can't see how 3 additional characters will fit in with what appears to an oversized cast in 45 mins of an episode. I wouldn't mine if they cut Richards and Bens screen time and less of Amelia for s13.  

9 minutes ago, Catznip said:

Who's Cross?  Can't see how 3 additional characters will fit in with what appears to an oversized cast in 45 mins of an episode. I wouldn't mine if they cut Richards and Bens screen time and less of Amelia for s13.  

Cross is the dorky blonde intern.  He isn't around much and I guess I don't need him to have more screentime but I still think that I would be fine if he and Maggie got together for an awkward-off.

Everyone has their opinion on who they would like to leave (I would be happy to show Maggie, Amelia and Owen the door), but it doesn't look like anyone is going to get their wish.  So, I just hope that they can manage the storylines and screentime more fairly than they have in the last couple of seasons.  I am fine for Jackson and April to be divorced and exhausted from the baby offscreen for awhile, along with Owen and Amelia taking a 3 month honeymoon.  Beyond that, my unpopular opinion is that Arizona has gotten quite a lot to do in the last few seasons, even if some of it has been crappy and not completely beneficial for her character.   I am happy to see Riggs, Alex and even the Chief get something good to do finally.

Arizona was literally nowhere to be seen in the first half of the season. She got more to do later on, but most (if not all) of it was stupid, like her slutting around and betraying April. Even the custody battle storyline ended in the most absurd way imaginable. I'm not happy. I'm sure she'll be getting a new love interest next season and I think the best for everyone would be a low key relationship with some random doctor (or, *gasp* someone who doesn't work at that hospital) and who will be referenced to and shown sporadically. Whoever it is, I hope it's not the new chief of ortho, it would be silly. 

IMO, Cross is at this point a much more interesting character than DeLuca, whose only purpose is to look pretty on screen. Not that I'm complaining about that too much, but still, there was really, really no need to make him a regular.

I was hoping that Stephanie would leave, but it looks like it's not happening. Now watch her spend the entire S13 being pissed at Amelia and the world for losing the life of her life, that she knew for about 15 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, Joana said:

Arizona was literally nowhere to be seen in the first half of the season. She got more to do later on, but most (if not all) of it was stupid, like her slutting around and betraying April. Even the custody battle storyline ended in the most absurd way imaginable. I'm not happy. I'm sure she'll be getting a new love interest next season and I think the best for everyone would be a low key relationship with some random doctor (or, *gasp* someone who doesn't work at that hospital) and who will be referenced to and shown sporadically. Whoever it is, I hope it's not the new chief of ortho, it would be silly. 

IMO, Cross is at this point a much more interesting character than DeLuca, whose only purpose is to look pretty on screen. Not that I'm complaining about that too much, but still, there was really, really no need to make him a regular.

I was hoping that Stephanie would leave, but it looks like it's not happening. Now watch her spend the entire S13 being pissed at Amelia and the world for losing the life of her life, that she knew for about 15 minutes. 

I'm not sure what I hope for Arizona at this point. I don't mind that she was 'slutting around' because we know that before Callie she slept around a lot, but it would be nice to see her get into another stable relationship. I hope they don't just show it sporadically, though... these characters only really get stories when they're relationship-based, somehow, so I hope we actually get to see it bloom onscreen (rather than how Callie fell madly in love with Penny before we even knew who she was.) 

Totally agree about Cross. I've been saying that for a while.... DeLuca served no purpose this season. I thought Cross was at least funny and different from most of the other male presence on the show. I hope we see more of him. 

Ditto for Steph. I so, so wish her other show got picked up. She just doesn't feel like an important part of the cast. Her story this season seemed so far removed from anything else going on, and it had no real emotional impact. I'm not eager to see what they have planned for her at all. 

58 minutes ago, Joana said:

True, but she also got the whole arc with Geena Davis in season 11 and the aftermath of the divorce, including a Calzona centric episode in season 11 as well, both of which she had a point of view in, and the custody stuff, which I realize wasn't more than a few episodes.  It seems as though most of those who got sidelined in season 11 got stuff to do in season 12 and vice-versa.  Except, of course, for Alex and Richard, my personal favorites (and I don't count screentime that goes to completely prop up other characters which is really most of what those two got in the last two seasons as a whole).  I hope that this changes next season, regardless of who stays or goes.

(edited)

Can anyone watch this video??? What does Martin say?  http://www.etalk.ca/Video

All the other videos are able to be seen,only this one with Martin not. It says an error has ocurred. At least for me.

I don´t understand how all the other videos start normally, only the one with Martin does not.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

He basically says the cast was very welcoming, warm, etc. They made him feel part of the family right away. He's heard that they're going to pick up pretty much exactly where they left off when season 13 starts. Otherwise it's generally just fun banter. He talks about being in the Toxic video and making out with Britney Spears. 

• Love 1

I saw those on twitter; nice to see Sandra is still friendly with people from the show. I'm hoping maybe she'll make an appearance when the show takes its final bow.

Fall Preview: 11 TV Characters Who Have a Sizzling Autumn Ahead of 'Em!

Jo, Grey's Anatomy
Alex insisted in the Season 12 finale that he was over his non-fiancée and her secrets. But the way he attacked Andrew suggested that he protested too much. So, when Season 13 begins, we predict that Jo — or whatever her real name is! — will finally reveal to him that she's already married and begin the terrifying process of divorcing her abusive husband.

• Love 1
(edited)

Deadline said: "one of it's strongest seasons creatively and ratings-wise." 

I get it, this season has exceeded expectations for the network, media, and even some viewers in terms of how the show could go on without Derek (and Cristina). Ratings didn't fall much or at all in some weeks versus last season, congratulations. But again with the exaggerations. A third of the season with not knowing why Owen and Riggs don't get along, among other season 12 plot points, does not a creative resurgence make.  YMMV

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Nothing is confirmed, but speculation is that everyone signed 1-year deals.

Good for them but hopefully storylines won't be affected by contract negotiations for each season the show has left.

5 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Nothing is confirmed, but speculation is that everyone signed 1-year deals.

Interesting, any idea why that would be the case?  The actors either don't want to make the commitment or the show may end?  I can't believe that Shonda (or ABC) would want to go 13 seasons only.

I kind of hope it isn't the case, because the writing has been so inconsistent as it is, IMO, and not knowing the fate of 4 or more actors isn't going to improve it, unless there is a real reason for it (a few agreed to do one more season in order to get a decent exit or something).

(edited)

I would be very surprised if ABC tried for anything less than a 2-year deal. We know that Jessica Capshaw signed a 3-year deal last year. If indeed it's true, it would be a smart move on the actors' part - it gives them the ability to ask for more money at the end of next year. Chances are there may be more contracts expiring next year (Maybe Sarah Drew, Jesse Williams, Camilla, etc.) so it would put our originals in a better place to ask for even more money if a) other actors are leaving, and / or b) ABC has another rough year & Grey's remains their bright spot. 

Edited by BaseOps

What if it's as simple as Ellen only wanting to sign on for one more year? Shonda and Ellen have both said on multiple occasions that they are in this together, and when one or both are ready to be done then the show will be done. They locked Jessica in through season 14 last year assuming that Ellen and the rest would re-up for two years bringing them all on the same schedule, but just because Jessica is locked in that long doesn't mean the show will actually go that long. 

I don't suppose season 13 will be the last season, but I think it should be. The stories aren't going to get any less inconsistent. I just hope that when it's the case, ABC will announce it ahead of time and give Shonda and the Grey's Anatomy writers enough time to thoughtfully plan out an ending. 

1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

What if it's as simple as Ellen only wanting to sign on for one more year? Shonda and Ellen have both said on multiple occasions that they are in this together, and when one or both are ready to be done then the show will be done. They locked Jessica in through season 14 last year assuming that Ellen and the rest would re-up for two years bringing them all on the same schedule, but just because Jessica is locked in that long doesn't mean the show will actually go that long. 

I don't suppose season 13 will be the last season, but I think it should be. The stories aren't going to get any less inconsistent. I just hope that when it's the case, ABC will announce it ahead of time and give Shonda and the Grey's Anatomy writers enough time to thoughtfully plan out an ending. 

I don't think ABC will be the ones giving Shonda or the writers any notice - it will come down to a decision made by Ellen / Shonda, like you said. At this point ABC would gladly keep the series running as long as everyone involved would like. I'm sure when Ellen / Shonda decide to the end the series, it won't be a sudden whim. After all this time they'll ensure it wraps up however it is they want it too. Either way, the network would always prefer long-term contracts for big names and important characters to make sure that if the show does go on, they're locked in. Season 13 will only be the end if that's what Ellen wants. I really doubt it, but you never know. 

• Love 1
On 6/10/2016 at 6:57 PM, windsprints said:

I saw those on twitter; nice to see Sandra is still friendly with people from the show. I'm hoping maybe she'll make an appearance when the show takes its final bow.

Fall Preview: 11 TV Characters Who Have a Sizzling Autumn Ahead of 'Em!

Heh.  God Bless TVLine and their click bait no information "spoilers".  They have been running Grey's stories for what is upcoming for season 13 since the finale ended.  The lede is always misleading as if they have some real information.  Meanwhile I am sure most of us can predict that Jo will have some 'splaining to do when the show airs again given how everything left off.  But in reality how much "sizzling" happens depends solely on how much Shonda wants to invest in the character this season. 

• Love 1

It's promising that the actors say we're picking up where we left off; even if it's not exactly where we left off, no time-jump means at least we'll get some immediate resolution of the Alex / Jo situation and get to follow Mer / Rigs a bit more organically, which is great news to me. As much as I don't care about Amelia / Owen, I also think it could be interesting to see some immediate follow-up to their wedding as everything else about their relationship has been so rushed. Still, knowing the show Owen will be asking her for babies within 2 episodes. 

On 11. 6. 2016 at 0:04 AM, BaseOps said:

Sandra is such a classy cool woman. 

On 10. 6. 2016 at 5:18 PM, BaseOps said:

He basically says the cast was very welcoming, warm, etc. They made him feel part of the family right away. He's heard that they're going to pick up pretty much exactly where they left off when season 13 starts. Otherwise it's generally just fun banter. He talks about being in the Toxic video and making out with Britney Spears. 

Thanks, I found it on youtube, someone uploaded it, I was able to watch the whole interview.

Anyway, both Martin and Kevin are in Monte Carlo now, promoting Greys at the television festival.

• Love 1
On 12 June 2016 at 7:04 PM, DearEvette said:

Heh.  God Bless TVLine and their click bait no information "spoilers".  They have been running Grey's stories for what is upcoming for season 13 since the finale ended.  The lede is always misleading as if they have some real information.  Meanwhile I am sure most of us can predict that Jo will have some 'splaining to do when the show airs again given how everything left off.  But in reality how much "sizzling" happens depends solely on how much Shonda wants to invest in the character this season. 

Fingers crossed poor Camilla finally gets a storyline that's even halfway decent from this cliffhanger. As one of the maybe 3 Jo fans around this forum I really want her to get something that isn't character assassination.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Fingers crossed poor Camilla finally gets a storyline that's even halfway decent from this cliffhanger. As one of the maybe 3 Jo fans around this forum I really want her to get something that isn't character assassination.

Count me in as somebody who quite likes Jo. I had my reservations with the character and actress, too, but I see Camilla has grown as an actress  and I really enjoyed her performance in the finale, especially in scenes with Deluca. 

Hopefully, writers appreciate her as much as we do.

Edited by Nobodysfan
19 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I kind of feel like they HAVE to do this story justice, at least a little bit.  Domestic violence is a serious subject and with all of the Johnny Depp stuff going on and the OJ resurgence, it is in the news a lot.  They are going to look terrible if Jo's past is nothing but a catalyst for a love triangle, Alex's miserable romantic history or a soapy, hidden eeeevil husband plot and nothing else.  Even worse will be if it gets dropped altogether.  Grey's is getting a bit more attention lately as well (and not always for good things), so it seems that the writers really need to at least TRY to give this storyline some weight and attention.  If they don't, then I hope that they get called out for it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Grey's Anatomy's Martin Henderson on Nathan and Meredith's 'Powerful' Bond

But what may bode best for their potential romance in Season 13, Martin Henderson tells TVLine, is their “shared loss… and just the fact that maybe [he can be] someone in her life that she can relate to on that level.

“I think that’s always really powerful between a couple,” he continues. And it “may be fertile ground for them to actually have a relationship with some meaning.”

On the flipside, the actor suggests that there’s also great potential for the doctors to have a relationship that isn’t just deep but fun, too. “Nathan is irreverent and kind of calls Meredith on her s—, and that might be really good for her, because he doesn’t take [things] all that seriously.

“It might be nice for her,” he adds, “to have the opportunity to actually lighten up a bit around some stuff.”

Edited by BaseOps

Jesse Williams is all over my Twitter and insta feed. I'm working so can't look into it properly but did he make a speech or something? Everyone seems to be super proud of him..

• Love 1

So apparently there is a change.org petition to get Jesse fired from Grey's.

But then that was counter-pointed by another change.org petition to keep him.

in the aftermath of this, Shonda tweeted:

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 11.38.03 AM.png

Heh.

• Love 5