Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

It's Krista Vernoff, who was the showrunner from around S4 (?) to the end of S7. I don't remember much about her except she seemed to love Calzona and she got annoyed with people on twitter a lot.

6 hours ago, flickers said:

It's Krista Vernoff, who was the showrunner from around S4 (?) to the end of S7. I don't remember much about her except she seemed to love Calzona and she got annoyed with people on twitter a lot.

Thank you.  The seasons run together for me, but I think S4-7 were pretty good, so that's a step in the positive direction.

28 minutes ago, gator12 said:

Season 4 through 7 of Grey's were bad, Katherine Heigl was correct

Oh lord, I had blocked Heigl out of my mind (to be fair, the Heigl stuff was horrible, but not everything was horrible in those seasons.  I'm trying my best to stay optimistic here....)

1 hour ago, gator12 said:

Season 4 through 7 of Grey's were bad, Katherine Heigl was correct

Those seasons are Emmy award winning compared to what we've gotten the past few years. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Those seasons are Emmy award winning compared to what we've gotten the past few years. 

Especially season 13 was an horrid mess.

They should just put this show out of its misery if its going to continue this way

Edited by gator12
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2017 at 1:33 PM, OtterMommy said:

Oh lord, I had blocked Heigl out of my mind (to be fair, the Heigl stuff was horrible, but not everything was horrible in those seasons.  I'm trying my best to stay optimistic here....)

Season 6 was pretty good.

Grey's ended the season with a 2.0 in the demo, giving it the highest-rated finale on ABC this year, and second-highest drama finale on broadcast so far, behind only This Is Us (though the Empire finale tonight will likely beat it by a few points). Modern Family ended at a 1.6 and Scandal was down to a dismal 1.2... every other ABC drama besides HTGAWM was below a 1.0 for its finale. 

Vernoff returning could be great for the series. She wrote some really great episodes (If Tomorrow Never Comes, Make Me Lose Control, Crash Into Me Pt. 1 & 2, No Good At Saying Sorry) as well as some of my absolute favorites of the series (Into You Like a Train, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, Yesterday, Six Days Pt. 1 & 2). It’s unarguable that the seasons during which she served as showrunner were more cohesive and seemingly well-planned than S13.

Between S4 and S7, seeds that were planted in the first few episodes were paid off later in the year; the storylines felt complete and had actual follow-through. Whether they were personal storylines (Meredith’s therapy in S4, Owen’s PTSD in S5, the fallout of the shooting in S7), hospital related (Bailey trying pediatrics in S5, Derek struggling as chief of surgery in S6, the Alzheimers clinical trial in S7), or relationships (Callie / Arizona, Owen / Christina, Mark / Lexi, etc.).

I’m eager to see if she can get things back on track and perhaps find a better way to balance such a large cast and make use of every character.  

• Love 5

Hmm, I liked S4 post course correction after the Writer's Strike, I liked season 5 apart from Ghost Sex, I liked S 6 apart from Izzie, I wasn't a big fan of S7 overall but there were some very good individual episodes there. KV is competent and she did write some good TV, there are a lot worse potential showrunners (she said before looking back at this post one year later and wanting to smack past self ;) )

I wonder if the Firefighter spin off is successful we'll get Seattle PD, Seattle Justice, Seattle Elementary School etc since I bet ABC has been wondering how to get in on the One Chicago/NCIS/DCTV massive franchise stuff (yes they technically have Marvel but the Netflix is taking over in that area really.)

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 8:21 PM, Kromm said:

Wow. I had no idea he was coming back.  Is the show THAT desperate to get people to care now?

they need to get yang back too

my girl

yang.jpg

• Love 1

Jesse Williams Is Battling His Ex Wife For Joint Physical Custody Of Their Children

Jesse Williams may be getting divorced, but he isn't letting go of quality time with his kids.

RELATED: Jesse Williams' Daughter Just Won Father's Day With This Hilarious Gift

The Grey's Anatomy star is fighting for joint physical custody of his children with soon to be ex-wife Aryn Drake-Lee, according to E! News. 

The actor filed for divorce in April and since then they have been involved in an ongoing custody battle over physical custody of their two children, Sadie and Maceo. 

http://www.essence.com/celebrity/black-celeb-couples/jesse-williams-joint-physical-custody

(in a dr webber voice) you can do this dr avery, do whats best for the kids

George (TR Knight) is playing J Edgar Hoover on Genius ( Nat Geographic channel)  he is doing a wonderful job.  His looks and speech are right on!!!  So impressed with his ability to handle a real person.  GREAT!!

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 14 to Feature a New Love Triangle

“Teddy’s return in Seattle could further complicate the marriage of Owen and Amelia. Dr. Altman previously had feelings for Owen. Will Owen finally put his relationship with Amelia back on track or will he rekindle an old flame with Teddy?”

Please show, please do not waste Kim Raver's return on Owen.  We've seen it all before and it was tedious the first go-around with Owen/Cristina/Teddy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kate213 said:

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 14 to Feature a New Love Triangle

“Teddy’s return in Seattle could further complicate the marriage of Owen and Amelia. Dr. Altman previously had feelings for Owen. Will Owen finally put his relationship with Amelia back on track or will he rekindle an old flame with Teddy?”

Please show, please do not waste Kim Raver's return on Owen.  We've seen it all before and it was tedious the first go-around with Owen/Cristina/Teddy.

I hate this for 2 reasons:

1 - Love triangles rarely work well and I don't think that, with what we've seen with this show the past couple of seasons, they can pull it off.

2 - Owen and Teddy has already been done.  Seriously.  It seems like Owen is just a rehash of the same 2 or 3 story lines..over and over again.  If they have so much trouble writing for this character, they should just move McKidd behind the camera permanently.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

I'm glad to see the character go, but I do hope that they at least address her absence and not give her the Erika Hahn non-sendoff.

Uh, she got fired. Seems pretty cut-and-dry. That's already far more of a sendoff and closure than Erica ever got.  Heck, she got more screen time in her last episode than Callie "been on the show for 10 years" Torres. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

Uh, she got fired. Seems pretty cut-and-dry. That's already far more of a sendoff and closure than Erica ever got.  Heck, she got more screen time in her last episode than Callie "been on the show for 10 years" Torres. 

True.  I'm not talking so much about her not being at the hospital.  I guess what I don't want to see is that Arizona not acknowledge the end of the relationship at all.  Yes, it was a crap relationship, but it also did have a ripple effect in the hospital and if all that just *poof* disappears, it will be just as empty as Hahn going out to the parking lot and never coming back.

And, if Arizona has Minnick-amnesia, I'll be very disappointed, but mostly very jealous.  I'd love to forget that it ever happened.

• Love 2

Wow!  This feels like a huge deal that Shonda is moving to Netflix, I am absolutely curious to see what she does over there.  

Equally interesting to me is the continued fate of her shows on ABC....will they feel compelled to keep her Thursday block together even if HTGAWMs ratings seem to crater? I've also always countered those who were afraid of ABC cancelling Grey's that the show would end when Shonda wanted it to end, in part based on Grey's continuing strong ratings and being ABC's #1 drama all these years later, and in part based on Shonda's production company having such a big footprint on ABC's primetime schedule.  Now, that latter piece is out the door.  

I still think she gets to write her own ending for Grey's, again with the ratings being the primary driver.  For the first time, however, I think it might be sooner rather than later. 

ETA: thoughts from Mo Ryan, TV critic from Variety on the move. 

Edited by pennben
8 minutes ago, pennben said:

Wow!  This feels like a huge deal that Shonda is moving to Netflix, I am absolutely curious to see what she does over there.  

Equally interesting to me is the continued fate of her shows on ABC....will they feel compelled to keep her Thursday block together even if HTGAWMs ratings seem to crater? I've also always countered those who were afraid of ABC cancelling Grey's that the show would end when Shonda wanted it to end, in part based on Grey's continuing strong ratings and being ABC's #1 drama all these years later, and in part based on Shonda's production company having such a big footprint on ABC's primetime schedule.  Now, that latter piece is out the door.  

I still think she gets to write her own ending for Grey's, again with the ratings being the primary driver.  For the first time, however, I think it might be sooner rather than later. 

The sentiment in the article (I can't remember if it is the article linked above or another that I read) said that she would continue to be involved with her ABC shows now that she was at Netflix.  I can't remember, is Grey's owned by ABC?  If so, they would have the call as to when to end it...and they are on record of saying they will keep it going as long as it is pulling in viewers.  I mean, this last season was far from good, but it still had strong ratings.  Wasn't it in the top 5 shows for the season?  

I'm pretty sure it remains in the top 5.  I just feel like the relationship break is going to be a game changer.  I now can see it wrap up in 1-2 years, whereas before, I'd have said 3-4 minimum.  But, for the record, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so we shall all see what happens together!:)

Grey's Anatomy: Spoiler Not Expected to Return for Season 14

There will be one less familiar face making rounds on Grey’s Anatomy this fall: TVLine has learned exclusively that Tessa Ferrer — whose return last season as fired doc Leah Murphy was met with considerable fanfare — is not expected back for the ABC drama’s upcoming 14th season.

Not shocking in the slightest, she was in like 6 episodes last season?  What a waste for Tessa.  At least she'll be replaced with 3 underutilized interns.

Edited by Kate213
formatting
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kate213 said:

Grey's Anatomy: Spoiler Not Expected to Return for Season 14

There will be one less familiar face making rounds on Grey’s Anatomy this fall: TVLine has learned exclusively that Tessa Ferrer — whose return last season as fired doc Leah Murphy was met with considerable fanfare — is not expected back for the ABC drama’s upcoming 14th season.

Not shocking in the slightest, she was in like 6 episodes last season?  What a waste for Tessa.  At least she'll be replaced with 3 underutilized interns.

Wait, what?  What fanfare?

Honestly, she could have just not shown up anymore and I wouldn't have noticed.

• Love 5

Those are huge numbers; they once again make Grey's ABC's highest-rated show in the demo this week, besting Modern Family. It's also the 3rd highest-rated drama on broadcast all week, behind only This Is Us and Empire. Numbers will definitely dip in the coming weeks, but they're up from the finale and ABC has to be very, very happy right now. 

• Love 1

Grey's did a 2.0 last night, making it the top-rated scripted show of the night (tied with Will & Grace). It's ABC's 2nd highest-rated series this week, after The Good Doctor (2.2) and with Modern Family down to a 1.9. Last night, Scandal did a 1.4 and HTGAWM did an 0.9. Grey's is the 3rd highest rated drama on all of network in the demo this week behind This Is Us and The Good Doctor.  Even Empire is down to a 1.9; this is the first time since Empire premiered that Grey's beat it in the demo. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1