Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Tony Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Good God.  What happened to Meg Ryan's face?

They didn't even give her a close up.

She was so adorable on Search for Tomorrow. 

The duck lips and fillers destroyed her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

They didn't even give her a close up.

She was so adorable on Search for Tomorrow. 

The duck lips and fillers destroyed her.

As scary as this is, I think she's has surgery to correct the really bad surgery.  She looks, to me, a little better than the last time I saw her.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's amazing what fear of aging can drive a woman to do to her face.  Amazing and heartbreaking.

Sadly, she was still young and beautiful,  but duck lips were the rage and she went and ruined everything unique about herself.

• Love 2

It's really hard to be a member of the LGBTQ community today (I'm a lesbian) but these awards are helping me heal. I was thinking of going to the vigil in Boystown in Chicago but knew I couldn't take the sadness anymore.

Lin Manuel-Miranda is fantabulous and a national treasure.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

As scary as this is, I think she's has surgery to correct the really bad surgery.  She looks, to me, a little better than the last time I saw her.

Too little too late. She can't get back the years she lost, the roles she might have gotten. And she still is trying to look half her age. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, maraleia said:

It's really hard to be a member of the LGBTQ community today (I'm a lesbian) but these awards are helping me heal. I was thinking of going to the vigil in Boystown in Chicago but knew I couldn't take the sadness anymore.

Lin Manuel-Miranda is fantabulous and a national treasure.

One of the reasons I'm watching the Tonys is because I wanted find some way to stand with my brothers and sisters in the LGBT community.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Popples said:

RENEE!!! I've loved her since she was Evangeline on One Life to Live, I'm so ecstatic for her!!!!!!

Me too. I loved her so much that I still had love for her character on The Good Wife, even though Geneva was a huge bitch. So happy and excited for her.

When my mom went up to New York to see Hamilton in April, workers were putting up the street banners for Shuffle Along when we got out of the theater. We were so sad that it was opening a few days after we left, and after seeing the SA performance, I'm even sadder.

So happy that Hamilton is winning everything so far, but happiest for Daveed Diggs. He stole the entire show for me and I wanted him to win more than anyone there tonight.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, maraleia said:

I was feeling really guilty for missing the vigil here in Tampa so I could watch the Tonys, but the past hour has made me realize how much I needed this, after watching non-stop coverage of Orlando all day.  Hugs to you!

• Love 4

Ditto about missing the local candlelight vigil -- I live near Virginia Tech, and the vigil is being held at the memorial for the 32 people killed there.  I was at the University then, and it's still hard for me to see the memorial.  My heart goes out to those in Orlando.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wanted to see "Bright Star" when "CBS Sunday Morning" featured Steve Martin and Edie Brickell. Now I want to see it more. 

Oh, Meg Ryan.

The "Law & Order" bit was funny.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

Oh, I love Steve, too!  The Jerk was on Sundance earlier today, and that movie still cracks me up. 

I wish I lived closer to NY -- there are so many shows I'd like to see.

Who hasn't been in Law & Order?  LOL

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Oh, I love Steve, too!  The Jerk was on Sundance earlier today, and that movie still cracks me up. 

I wish I lived closer to NY -- there are so many shows I'd like to see.

Who hasn't been in Law & Order?  LOL

Thank goodness for Law & Order - the official TV show of the National Theatre stage door! 

I only get to NY twice a year, and I try to see as many shows as humanly possible while there.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I saw Bright Star at the Kennedy Center, and while I enjoyed it, I'm baffled by all the Tony love.

I haven't seen it but I really enjoyed that number. 

Awww.  Law & Order and the Tonys: When Faves Combine.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

OMG this Law & Order bit has me rolling!

Reminds me of the SNL sketch with Amy Poehler coaching Jake Gyllenhaal how to prepare for landing a bit part on L+O.  But appearing on it as SIX different characters within the universe?!  It's the show that keeps on giving and recycling!  Much like SUV's plotlines. 

• Love 1

Damn, Cynthia Erivo.  

And it must be said again, Audra!   She must be exhausted.   I saw Shuffle Along in previews 8 weeks ago (and didn't love it).   I could tell then just by the boobs that she was pregnant.  

• Love 1

As I watch the Tonys, I'm always planning what to see on my next Broadway trip.  I've seen all the oldies, and few of the new ones are calling to me. I may see Color Purple again.

1 minute ago, A Boston Gal said:

Gloria Stephan looks great, and very natural, especially compared to some overly worked aging stars we've seen this evening . 

It's Estefan but I get your sentiment.