Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

I need to rewatch this episode but I have a question.

In the previews for next week, am I hearing correctly that Heather is talking about how Bethenny hurt Kristen's feelings by not inviting her somewhere?

Please someone tell me my mind was playing tricks on me...

The irony of Heather, who made her mark on this show by totally dissing Ramona and refusing to invite her to London with all of the other housewives, and clearly hurting Ramona's feelings, being the one who complain to/about someone else in this exact behavior would be too much.

I don't care for Heather, Kristen or Ramona, but wow...if that snippet of conversation we were shown is some fuck-and-awe hypocritical bullshit from Heather about how Bethenny needs to invite Kristen to something because her feelings are hurt, I may end up throwing the remote at my TV.

Wow, excellent memory! I forgot about that Persnickety... Good point. I was thinking Heather was being nice, trying to make sure everyone is included...I forgot how Heather, Carole & Aviva came on the show out of the gate telling us they were going to discipline the first generation because they were an embarrassment as the representatives of moms of NYC.

It took a long time for the teams to blend.

• Love 3

Racists don't give a fuck about offending their targets.

Or refer to the "but I have a -----friend line.

In my experience, of course.

Dorinda is your run of the mill UES privileged white woman.

I would actually say that the "But my best friend/brother- or sister-in-law/work husband/work wife is Black" is always suspect to me. Always. It's probably best not to use that as some sort of proof that someone isn't racist, ya know? But that's me.

In the previews for next week, am I hearing correctly that Heather is talking about how Bethenny hurt Kristen's feelings by not inviting her somewhere?

The irony of Heather, who made her mark on this show by totally dissing Ramona and refusing to invite her to London with all of the other housewives, and clearly hurting Ramona's feelings, being the one who complain to/about someone else in this exact behavior would be too much.

I think the difference, though, is that we've yet to see Kristen and Bethenny butt heads. Unless something egregious between Kristen and Bethenny happens in next week's episode, I don't know if the comparison works. 

• Love 4

I don't care for Heather, Kristen or Ramona, but wow...if that snippet of conversation we were shown is some fuck-and-awe hypocritical bullshit from Heather about how Bethenny needs to invite Kristen to something because her feelings are hurt, I may end up throwing the remote at my TV.

We will have to see how it plays out, but in the previews it didn't look like she was telling Beth she was wrong or making a judgement, just telling her how Kristen was feeling.

I do think there is a difference between the two situations. Ramona had royally pissed Heather off and insulted her. She made it clear she didn't want to include her for that reason (I will always love her for this, no matter what else she ever does). From the previews, it sounds like Beth just didn't want to include Kristen because she doesn't know her.

• Love 8

Just curious, anyone familiar with this joint they went to?  Is it really a cougar-fest there -- as it appeared to be?  22-year-old . . . er, "models", looking for rich sugar-mommas?  Oy & ew.  I'll pass, thanks.  But Lu seemed to be very well-known there, didn't she?  I had the feeling she was like Norm at Cheers.  When she comes in there, all the barely legal hustler-boys must scream "Countess!"

NY Post article about "Beautique".  Apparently it's New York's new playpen for millionaires.  The ratio is 5 - 7 women for every 1 man.  So, yeah, after reading the article I think it makes our housewives look a little desperate. But, hey, if they're having fun. 

On a recent Tuesday night on a quiet Midtown block, Aussie billionaire scion and NYC hedge-fund titan Richard Hains, 51, looks on gleefully as his 25-year-old actress/model/writer girlfriend, Alessia Sushko, dances atop a banquette in a crop top.

A suited, bushy-haired Hains slaps his buddy high-five and then, for good measure, slaps Sushko on the behind.

Sounds dreadful.

Bonus:  Dr. Paul Nassif and his "friend" hang out there.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/07/inside-midtown-bar-beautique-the-new-millionaires-playpen/

• Love 4

Was Kristen even in this ep?  Man, she really is a total ghost this season, eh?  Will she be pushing this stuff on the show?

http://www.rickysnyc.com/nails/pop-of-color.html?redirect_mongo_id=5539693069702d03e03c0101&utm_campaign=Email&utm_medium=Web&utm_source=Springbot&utm_source=Ricky%27s+NYC+151k-e+-+Main&utm_campaign=7bb17b9e8e-04-23-15_POCPreSale&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb051daaff-7bb17b9e8e-227595069

Just got this in an email from Rickys & felt the need to share.

• Love 3
Sounds dreadful.

Bonus:  Dr. Paul Nassif and his "friend" hang out there.

http://nypost.com/20...naires-playpen/

Man, it does sound dreadful.  Interesting that it's on 58th between 5th & 6th.  Sheesh, that's kinda no-man's land over there.  I mean, who the heck would be around there at nite?  Ah, I get it now.  That is, why horny (but oh-so-discreet) ole Lu likes the locale of this joint.  It is kinda outta the way.  The only ones around there would be rich tourists or  . . . er, tourists who are lost.  And horny rich gents (and as we saw, ladies too) who are looking for young tail to pay for.  

What do you bet a ton of married guys hit this place?  Wonder if Mario is a regular.  Think the girls there shout "Mario" every time he enters -- just like Norm at Cheers?  Oh no, is Moaner gonna be a regular there  too?  Yikes!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

Just started back watching NYC. I'm having trouble keeping track of everyone. One question though, are any of the housewives married? I was thinking it was sad watching WWH a while back that Taylor, Camile, & Adrienne started on the show married & now not. NYC seems to be the same way. I guess, Kristen has a husband, is that it?

Was Kristen even in this ep?  Man, she really is a total ghost this season, eh?  Will she be pushing this stuff on the show?

http://www.rickysnyc.com/nails/pop-of-color.html?redirect_mongo_id=5539693069702d03e03c0101&utm_campaign=Email&utm_medium=Web&utm_source=Springbot&utm_source=Ricky%27s+NYC+151k-e+-+Main&utm_campaign=7bb17b9e8e-04-23-15_POCPreSale&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb051daaff-7bb17b9e8e-227595069

Just got this in an email from Rickys & felt the need to share.

As someone whose fantasy job has always been to dream up names for lipstick shades, nail polish, eye shadow, pantyhose, even house paint--all that stuff--I have to say those are the worst color names ever!  Eboost Orange?  I'm Pretty?  Why is Cash Money black?  Shouldn't it be green?  Not to mention that the colors themselves are a giant yawn.  (Perfect for Kristen's O face, though.)  Was this really the best she and big-time product guy Josh could do with their TV opportunity?

• Love 4
I guess, Kristen has a husband, is that it?

Heather seems to be happily married.  I suspect she's keeping him far, far away from the show.  Probably a smart move.  Moaner ripped him to shreds last season.  Who knows what Bethenny would do to the poor guy.

• Love 4

I've never heard anyone describe a racist like you have. Say something racist? If you apologize right away, you aren't one. WHAT?

If I were to believe that everyone who is insensitive and jerky is a racist, I would never leave my house.

I have been mistaken as being the maid/nanny countless time and was privy to conversations that made me nauseous.

At this point of my life, I am willing to give stupid people a chance as I have said countless stupid and insensitive things myself prior to being corrected.

Besides, there is a difference between prejudice and racism.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 7

Personally I hate when someone gets on the phone when you are sitting at the table eating. If that person is more important than me then go have lunch with them. This dude is a dry cleaner not a surgeon. He can wait a few minutes. Especially because they are filming. Seriously.

I'm the type of person who hates talking on cell phones in public because I think it's obnoxious and I try to avoid doing so as much as possible, so I agree taking a call at lunch was rude.  However, I also though Dorinda was a bit rude in the way she dealt with it.  There could have been a better, nicer way to get her point across.

• Love 10

I loved the front of Beth's  Hampton's house. 

I'm not a prude and even use the word fuck, etc. occassionally.  But Bethenny? Get off my jock! I put the cock in cocktail, braiding one's pussy hair? Disgusting.

I did love laugh at Ramona's "all these men come over to me!" and then marches up to a guy and strikes up a conversation.

I watched the RHONY when B was on, and her spin offs. I thought she was awful to Jason from the get-go. And how can a woman her age get pregnant in a blink without wanting to after just meeting someone, she was 40'ish!

I just can't think of anything kind or thoughtful, let alone give sympathy or support to a friend that B offers.

Plus if she is such a wheeler-dealer why hasn't she learned to get along with people, especially strangers, in a social situation?

Imo, bethenny will forever lack the insight needed to make her a decent person. I think she is a selfish, self-centered woman, and I want to see one of the others go after her and put her in her place......there just has to be one of them up to the job.

• Love 8

Was this really the best she and big-time product guy Josh could do with their TV opportunity?

I wonder if part of the bone of contention between her and Beth is that Beth got the deal with Bella blenders when it appeared that Kristen was pursing it. 

I think she is a selfish, self-centered woman, and I want to see one of the others go after her and put her in her place......there just has to be one of them up to the job.

Agreed.  I don't think any of the housewives are capable of putting her in her place, though.  Because her place is a place of Yes and is so much more 'up there' than anyone else can possibly reach.  Maybe Andy could put her in her place.  But Beth's ego is so inflated she probably figures she could buy and sell him ten times over.  Honestly, I don't know who could make her feel like she was being taken down a notch. I think she believes she's invincible.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
I wonder if part of the bone of contention between her and Beth is that Beth got the deal with Bella blenders when it appeared that Kristen was pursing it. 

Agreed.  I don't think any of the housewives are capable of putting her in her place, though.  Because her place is a place of Yes and is so much more 'up there' than anyone else can possibly reach.  Maybe Andy could put her in her place.  But Beth's ego is so inflated she probably figures she could buy and sell him ten times over.  Honestly, I don't know who could make her feel like she was being taken down a notch. I think she believes she's invincible.[/quote

Ryebread, I forgot about her "place of yes", ha,ha.

I'm the type of person who hates talking on cell phones in public because I think it's obnoxious and I try to avoid doing so as much as possible, so I agree taking a call at lunch was rude.  However, I also though Dorinda was a bit rude in the way she dealt with it.  There could have been a better, nicer way to get her point across.

Right. Because now not only do you have a dude talking on his phone in the restaurant, but his table companion is also yelling loudly at him. It's the age old - two wrongs don't make a right. 

• Love 9

Heather seems to be happily married.  I suspect she's keeping him far, far away from the show.  Probably a smart move.  Moaner ripped him to shreds last season.  Who knows what Bethenny would do to the poor guy.

With only 2 husbands left on the show and no long term boyfriends or fiancés (save Dorinda's guy), I doubt the men will have much interaction this season with the HWs.

I'm not sure how Bethenny would respond to Heather's husband, she generally gets along better with men doesn't she?

I wonder how she gets along with Josh? She either loves him or hates him. They have similar personalities for sure.

• Love 2

As someone whose fantasy job has always been to dream up names for lipstick shades, nail polish, eye shadow, pantyhose, even house paint--all that stuff--I have to say those are the worst color names ever!  Eboost Orange?  I'm Pretty?  Why is Cash Money black?  Shouldn't it be green?  Not to mention that the colors themselves are a giant yawn.  (Perfect for Kristen's O face, though.)  Was this really the best she and big-time product guy Josh could do with their TV opportunity?

Cash money is a dark green. 

Eboost orange is fug as hell.

• Love 2

Imo, bethenny will forever lack the insight needed to make her a decent person. I think she is a selfish, self-centered woman, and I want to see one of the others go after her and put her in her place......there just has to be one of them up to the job.

Tulip, you just solved a conundrum for me.  Even before this season started I knew there would be a dust up between Heather and Beth.  And that posed a first world problem for me.  See, I thought that I disliked both of them equally. So....which team, which team?  It's been hard for me to 'thumbs up' posts because if someone says 'Beth is obnoxious', I want to 'thumbs up' that.  But then if they continue on with, '...and Heather is the best housewife ever', well, I can't 'thumbs up' that.  (Told ya.  First world problem. LOL )

But you just summed it up for me.  I think both are loud mouthed, self centered, crude, bossy women.  When you said Beth lacks the insight needed to make a decent person I agree with that.  I DO, however, think Heather has the insight to change.  I'm not sure she realizes she should at this point, just because I said so, but I think she has the ability to self-examine.  Beth, not so much - if at all.

• Love 5
Honestly, I don't know who could make her feel like she was being taken down a notch. I think she believes she's invincible.

The funny thing is, I think Bethenny DOES have a smidgen of self-awareness - but just doesn't care. I remember a scene in S3 where she's sitting with Jason and describing herself as a damaged, shattered person. She's mentioned that before, and also copped to being caustic. I think if someone were to say to Bethenny "you're a real bitch," she'd say "I know."

I've often wondered if it's worse to be clueless of how you come across with other people, vs. KNOWING and yet not doing anything to rein it in. I don't think Bethenny's got a problem with not being introspective enough - I think it's the latter. She just doesn't care. And as long as she's got plenty of "f*ck you" money, she doesn't have to. Money buys a lot of friends and yes-people.

I have no idea about Bethenny's relationship with her daughter other than pics I see in US Weekly and the like. But if anyone is going to be able to cut through Bethenny, it's going to be her child. Not now, but give it 10 years.

• Love 8

A second viewing also convinces me that Beth had become everything she criticized about Jill. I honestly think Beth need to skip the high end shrink and look into either Al Anon or someone to unwind her food issues. Something is just not right about her hair trigger temper, the constant need to belittle others or the need to control through any behavior/language necessary. I think she got away with it the first go round because she was truly surrounded by crazy & seemed like the underdog looking through the window. Now she is Queen B and the behavior does not wear as well. 

Love this observation especially the part about the constant need to belittle others and control through any behavior/language necessary. I really never understood the huge pass Bethenny got the first go round either. She was always annoys and too abrasive. Whatever witticisms came out that were remotely enjoyable still fell flat because it was coming from her and I NEVER felt like any of her deliveries were on point. I always felt some sort of ill will coming from her in her "moments" of cleverness or jokey jokey. I also didn't appreciate how she was always quick to villianize people and proceed in two point 5 seconds to start in on them with her speed talk and jokey insults. Let's not forget the facial expressions and eye rolls. I mean everything about Bethenny was her waiting for an opportunity to pounce on someone's behavior, comment, entrance, reaction, confusion, appearance. etc. etc. I mean she just don't know how to let a situation diffuse. I also don't like how she's quick to pretend like someone else has jumped off the deep end when she's having a disagreement. Her reactions to conflicts are just not proportionate to the conversation at hand.

Not for nothing but when Ramona was telling B to calm down and B was acting like she was calm and Ramona was off her rocker... Look I get that the soothing voice Ramona was using was too much as well but I got what she was saying. To me Bethenny was the one overreacting. Ramona was being Ramona and Bethenny was being Bethenny however Bethenny was the one that was stomping off in a tantrum and having heart palpitations with her whole "Luanne, I can't, I don't want to" whining when Ramona came out. I mean I get it B. I really do but geeze Louise. I wanted so bad to be there and clarify the whole calm down message with "No B you're not calm, you're COMPOSED yes but calm no, because people who are calm and OK don't shoot back with I don't want to hang out with you just because we had an unpleasant back and forth two seconds ago. Calm people don't come back with over the top declarations because they've just had a disagreement with someone else over a brunch invite." I mean they were BOTH involved in that crazy display inside, not just Ramona. Bethenny was just as much of a child with the whole "you had to ask Luann?" crap. Look B felt stupid because Ramona put her on the spot and didn't like being called out to explain herself which hey who does and Ramona could have handled that better but she also doesn't know how not to express herself like a 100 lb elephant but Bethanny was just as ridiculous.

Bethenny's need to express her point of view at the expense of someone else is the real reason I dislike her sooooooo very much. Everyone is entitled to feel the way they feel but Bethenny is so rude about getting a point across like with Heather. WTH? It's like in Bethenny's mind she not comfortable standing behind her point of view so in order to feel more confident on her position on something she needs to completely minimize or degrade the current point of view to make why she's taken the position she's taken make sense. I don't like that. It's like she doesn't own how she feels or what she believes. If she truly owns her way of thinking she wouldn't always find the need to be so dismissive of other people's points of view. I guess that's what, for me, loses any appeal she may have had with her sense of humor. It all comes from such and insecure place and clashes with the whole idea of what she's supposed to be about.

Bethenny is unfiltered, no apologies, witty and clever however she doesn't try to do that in a level playing field. She unleashes that "wit" and "fire" sure but she also, at the same time, tries to undermine those around her in the attempt to make her outburst land harder. It's the part where she's not only throwing out these one liners or hard blows at just the right time (which would then make them truly clever) she's the kind of person that will throw sand in someone's eyes then take the hit just to make sure her punch will lay you out. It's the added advantage she tries to give herself by tearing down someone else's point of view before taking her shot. Or making some random, unnecessary reference before she lays into them.

Like with Ramona outside, "look you are obviously going through something.." Wait what? What the hell does Ramona's tough life have to do with the disagreement they had inside. Those are the comments I don't like. B can't just say, hey that annoyed the shit out of me, I'm not feeling you right now so, I accept your apology, good night I'm spent. This has drained all I had left for today. Instead B didn't want to engage but still did and did in a way that was so much more erractic that what Ramona was trying to do when she went outside. I mean damn at least Ramona tried to apologize and realized it all went down rather messy but didn't want B to leave like that and yet B was so distraught, upset that she can't even hear Ramona out and then countered with her own over the top "I know you're going thru stuff" (Pot meet kettle?) "I just don't want to hang out with you". Yeah, Bethenny you're calm alright. Sure. Overreact much?

It's something I used to say when I was 12. Way back in 1989. Other variations of this phrase were "stop jocking me," "get off my tip," "stop sweating me" all depending on geographical location. Apparently Bethenny has hopped in her way back machine and started appropriating phrases from white shirt and tie wearing kids from the late 80's.

LOVE THIS and SO TRUE. I remember all that "get off my tip", "stop sweating me" "stop jocking me" actually "get off my jock" is the lamest version to use. LOL!

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3

I've often wondered if it's worse to be clueless of how you come across with other people, vs. KNOWING and yet not doing anything to rein it in.

I have no idea about Bethenny's relationship with her daughter other than pics I see in US Weekly and the like. But if anyone is going to be able to cut through Bethenny, it's going to be her child. Not now, but give it 10 years.

I think the latter is worse.  And I agree that is likely how she is. 

As far as Bryn cutting through to Beth, do you mean, like helping Beth see the error of her ways?  If so, I agree that Bryn is the likely candidate but further out than 10 years, methinks.  She'll only be 15 then.  That age is all about me, me, me.  And I daresay if she's raised mainly by Beth, that might certainly be true for her. She won't be paying much mind to Beth at 15.  Maybe by 20.

I've never liked Beth and I think this episode shows she's gotten even worse than before.  She's more abrupt than she was in the past.  But we're early in the season.  From the previews, I think I heard a genuine laugh coming out of her mouth when they're on vacation.  That might be a televised first.

• Love 1

With only 2 husbands left on the show and no long term boyfriends or fiancés (save Dorinda's guy), I doubt the men will have much interaction this season with the HWs.

Carole said on Access Hollywood that her boyfriend makes several appearances this season.  Now, if those appearances always turn out to be promotions of his brand, he's getting a big ol' side eye from me.  Tsk.  So cynical am I.

I generally like the guys' interaction and will miss them.  The lack of them is another reason this is no SATC. Although, maybe Carole's guy is like Aidan.  Or, that really young guy Carrie dated with the pierced tongue. She woke up in his apartment to find no toilet paper, no coffee filters and a hairy, half dressed roommate.  I want scenes like this!!  Carole, make this happen.

• Love 2

Carole said on Access Hollywood that her boyfriend makes several appearances this season.  Now, if those appearances always turn out to be promotions of his brand, he's getting a big ol' side eye from me.  Tsk.  So cynical am I.

Yeah, that be uncool.

I just meant that with so few long term significant others that we won't see them mixing with the other husbands and housewives like we used to, especially in the earlier seasons. I miss that.

• Love 1
I generally like the guys' interaction and will miss them.  The lack of them is another reason this is no SATC. Although, maybe Carole's guy is like Aidan.  Or, that really young guy Carrie dated with the pierced tongue. She woke up in his apartment to find no toilet paper, no coffee filters and a hairy, half dressed roommate.  I want scenes like this!!  Carole, make this happen.

Maybe Carole's boyfriend's parents will come home whilst they're smoking pot on the balcony? I agree, some hapless dating scenes would be awesome. 

• Love 4

Are those the Skinny Girl smoothie blenders?  Funny thing about those--about a month or two ago, they were being offered in an email I got from Groupon or some other seller like that for $39, marked down from $119!!  I had already bought one just like it (but without the holy logo plastered on it) for 12 bucks.  That's some markup she's got going.  No wonder they're being offloaded for a third the original price.  I guess they're not flying off the shelves.

Cash money is a dark green. 

Eboost orange is fug as hell.

Looks black on my monitor, and I have my brightness setting cranked all the way up.  It must be a very dark green.

I don't hate the orange, but it sure doesn't go with the rest of her makeup in that photo.  And the name is still ridiculous.

The problem between Ramona and Beth over brunch was clearly started by Beth. Ramona was in the middle of saying that she was inviting everyone to brunch when Beth interrupted her with "what does everyone really want to do?" Beth rapidly continued throwing out ideas and then inviting people to her own place before they brunch elsewhere while Ramona sat there wide mouthed until she realized she was even losing her houseguest Sonja to Beth's invitation. Then Ramona started that whole etiquette conversation.

Ramona should have stopped Beth with a simple, excuse me but I've already made plans for a brunch for us all.

Here is a link to the conversation.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-702/videos?clip=2857803

Yeah, I saw that too. Granted everyone started just yapping and it did get a little messy and I can see why it may have gotten frustrating but it didn't last too long and Ramona was trying to sort something out and yeah, Bethenny was the one to say what does everyone REALLY want to do suggesting that they were being forced or led to do something someone else wanted which I think B had a particular message with that because Lu just shot down one idea because SHE wanted to go somewhere where they could take the boat. See now that's where I think the alpha battle really started but all the chatter and confusion completely buried that and as much as I've disliked Ramona in the past I felt bad for her in that instance because you can see that she was taken by surprise and she was really trying to figure something out with everyone. Bethenny was the one that decided that she didn't want to participate in the cackling decision making tried to take control of a small portion of the situation to cover what SHE wanted to do.

Hey I get it, I'm the same way. When I'm around a group of women who all want to do what they want to do and I feel like I'm not going to get any suggestions in but I also don't want to be forced to follow someone else's plans I detach and make my own mental plans in case I'm not feeling what everyone else has decided however B was a bit tacky in her condescending attempt to snag at least one person to hang with her so she doesn't have to spend the next morning alone in the event that she wasn't pleased about what was decided amongst the women.

• Love 2

If I were to believe that everyone who is insensitive and jerky is a racist, I would never leave my house.

I have been mistaken as being the maid/nanny countless time and was privy to conversations that made me nauseous.

At this point of my life, I am willing to give stupid people a chance as I have said countless stupid and insensitive things myself prior to being corrected.

Don't forget, Cultural observations can also be deemed racist depending on who is receiving the information. It's gotten so muddled that it's refreshing to see other perspectives and possibilities besides racism being offered up as explanations.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 5

Are those the Skinny Girl smoothie blenders?  Funny thing about those--about a month or two ago, they were being offered in an email I got from Groupon or some other seller like that for $39, marked down from $119!!  I had already bought one just like it (but without the holy logo plastered on it) for 12 bucks.  That's some markup she's got going.  No wonder they're being offloaded for a third the original price.  I guess they're not flying off the shelves.

Looks black on my monitor, and I have my brightness setting cranked all the way up.  It must be a very dark green.

I don't hate the orange, but it sure doesn't go with the rest of her makeup in that photo.  And the name is still ridiculous.

It's like an olive green

• Love 1

I mean damn at least Ramona tried to apologize and realized it all went down rather messy but didn't want B to leave like that and yet B was so distraught, upset that she can't even hear Ramona out and then countered with her own over the top "I know you're going thru stuff" (Pot meet kettle?) "I just don't want to hang out with you". Yeah, Bethenny you're calm alright. Sure. Overreact much?

She was .05 seconds from shouting, "GO TO SLEEP!  GO TO SLEEEEEP!"

Ramona in that scene reminded me of Kelly in Morocco trying to calm Alex after the Countess gave Alex the what-for.

• Love 3

Tulip, you just solved a conundrum for me.  Even before this season started I knew there would be a dust up between Heather and Beth.  And that posed a first world problem for me.  See, I thought that I disliked both of them equally. So....which team, which team?  It's been hard for me to 'thumbs up' posts because if someone says 'Beth is obnoxious', I want to 'thumbs up' that.  But then if they continue on with, '...and Heather is the best housewife ever', well, I can't 'thumbs up' that.  (Told ya.  First world problem. LOL )

But you just summed it up for me.  I think both are loud mouthed, self centered, crude, bossy women.  When you said Beth lacks the insight needed to make a decent person I agree with that.  I DO, however, think Heather has the insight to change.  I'm not sure she realizes she should at this point, just because I said so, but I think she has the ability to self-examine.  Beth, not so much - if at all.

I love you Ryebread . We would be great friends IRL.

I think Heather is the closest one to do it but she lacks the finesse and it seems she too can go to a little bit of a childish route when she's riled up. I do like Heather but in order to deal with the likes of Bethenny she would really needs to master the read. Simple, suave, to the point with no room for debate and then on to the next thing.

• Love 3

Yeah, I saw that too. Granted everyone started just yapping and it did get a little messy and I can see why it may have gotten frustrating but it didn't last too long and Ramona was trying to sort something out and yeah, Bethenny was the one to say what does everyone REALLY want to do suggesting that they were being forced or led to do something someone else wanted which I think B had a particular message with that because Lu just shot down one idea because SHE wanted to go somewhere where they could take the boat. See now that's where I think the alpha battle really started but all the chatter and confusion completely buried that and as much as I've disliked Ramona in the past I felt bad for her in that instance because you can see that she was taken by surprise and she was really trying to figure something out with everyone. Bethenny was the one that decided that she didn't want to participate in the cackling decision making tried to take control of a small portion of the situation to cover what SHE wanted to do.

Hey I get it, I'm the same way. When I'm around a group of women who all want to do what they want to do and I feel like I'm not going to get any suggestions in but I also don't want to be forced to follow someone else's plans I detach and make my own mental plans in case I'm not feeling what everyone else has decided however B was a bit tacky in her condescending attempt to snag at least one person to hang with her so she doesn't have to spend the next morning alone in the event that she wasn't pleased about what was decided amongst the women.

Yeah Lu had it in her head that she wanted everyone to stay close by so they could make time for a boat ride. So Bethenny went with that and took over. But before that, in the clip, she was already on Ramona's "jock" about leaving her out about the sex talk and told her she was uptight. And prior to that she was on Ramona about the " keeping the company of men" statement. Bethenny was in a bitchy mood and she was all over Ramona. That said, given the choice between going to a restaurant for brunch or someone's home, I'd rather have brunch at Bethenny's and go boating with Lu. Whatever, it was a fun, light cat fight. More, please.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 5

OK, then. Dorinda is prejudiced. 

• Love 2

I heard Andy Cohen on a "periscope" chat say that Bethenny emailed him that she  saw next weeks episode and was horrified by her behavior.

She said she was such a bitch.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1

I heard Andy Cohen on a "periscope" chat say that Bethenny emailed him that she  saw next weeks episode and was horrified by her beaver. She said she was such a bitch.

Didn't like the braids?

• Love 3

The funny thing is, I think Bethenny DOES have a smidgen of self-awareness - but just doesn't care. I remember a scene in S3 where she's sitting with Jason and describing herself as a damaged, shattered person. She's mentioned that before, and also copped to being caustic. I think if someone were to say to Bethenny "you're a real bitch," she'd say "I know."

I've often wondered if it's worse to be clueless of how you come across with other people, vs. KNOWING and yet not doing anything to rein it in. I don't think Bethenny's got a problem with not being introspective enough - I think it's the latter. She just doesn't care. And as long as she's got plenty of "f*ck you" money, she doesn't have to. Money buys a lot of friends and yes-people.

OMG So much this! I believe she doesn't care either. And what bugs me is that when it suits her she will try to sob story or make excuses because of...

She's very determined to "be who she is" love her or hate her and she's trying to make that okay. I mean I get coming to terms with yourself and forgiving yourself and accepting yourself but when you acknowledge that their are certain characteristics about yourself that are not OK while you can be OK with that it's NOT Ok to expect other people to be OK with it.

That's what bugs and she was like that with Jason. She was constantly trying to get Jason to understand that she's not OK and he should be OK with that and while a marriage is about loving someone unconditionally she felt all of his characteristics and his upbringing were insults to who she was. She took his traditions and way of life as him rubbing it in her face and took offense that he would expect her to live a life that consisted of some of his views on family and relationships. It was so hard to see her use her past and tears against what Jason was struggling with. I know there's not much love lost for Jason but I really think his bitterness stemmed from the fact that Bethenny is always trying to put her way of life ahead of anyone or anything else and anyone that tries to incorporate more traditional views is trying to judge her instead of oh I don't know trying to live life pleasantly? 

I just think she didn't give an inch with Jason the whole time they were together and yet she made these big declarations like she was. I mean, it was so over the top the way everything was just too much, too hard, she wasn't that way, compromising to her too far out of her comfort zone. She associated compromise with being asked to change who she was, or not being herself. I mean shit we all squirm a bit during certain situations. I just hated how she villianize Jason and his family because they were so traditional and so close. I mean DAMN!

• Love 12

Glad to help, ryebread...I agree about Heather as well

• Love 2

Um, who is Bethenny to dictate what everyone else is allowed to talk about? Meanwhile she "coke-talks" at a rate that sounds like she's had an 8-ball and a bottle of Adderall.  

Bethenny to Heather: "I don't care. That doesn't interest me." Pause a minute, and imagine someone saying that to HER. How well do you think that would go over?

WHO is bethenny?...she is BETHENNY wonder woman extraordinaire!

• Love 2

WHO is bethenny?...she is BETHENNY wonder woman extraordinaire!

"she's Madonna apparently"

Kelly will always rock the HW franchises for me for being the first housewife to tell (or at least try to tell) Bethenny face to face to cut the crap, and that her antics are unappreciated. She called out B spot on and early.

• Love 7

"she's Madonna apparently"

Kelly will always rock the HW franchises for me for being the first housewife to tell (or at least try to tell) Bethenny face to face to cut the crap, and that her antics are unappreciated. She called out B spot on and early.

I had forgotten about that...thanks, and I had written off Kelly as a bit out of touch

• Love 1

Perhaps she is. Bethenny could use some lessons from her on hustle and child custody 101. Kelly seems successful with both, under the radar, living a fulfilled life. Bethenny has what she has but I don't see any fulfillment. It's peck peck peck at others and bitching about her charmed life.

• Love 6

Perhaps she is. Bethenny could use some lessons from her on hustle and child custody 101. Kelly seems successful with both, under the radar, living a fulfilled life. Bethenny has what she has but I don't see any fulfillment. It's peck peck peck at others and bitching about her charmed life.

KB is misunderstood IMO.
  • Love 3

Bethenny does not exude any sort of joy or happiness, nor fulfillment or satisfaction with her life.  I like her snark, and was looking forward to some humor when I heard she was coming back.  But, not having paid ANY attention to her after she left, I had no idea she would be such a miserable person at this point in her life considering the success she's had and being a mom now, which she wanted.  What good is millions and a child when Bethenny feels so freaking tortured by existing?

• Love 7
KB is misunderstood IMO.

I agree with you.  I know someone who worked (if you can call what she does "work" -- I would NOT) at AM New York & had to deal with her.  He said everyone there was scared to death of her, but either she didn't know this or didn't acknowledge it.  Kelly is clearly very UN-self-aware.  She lives in her own little bubble & doesn't seem to have a clue how most people see her.  I suspect she just blocks it out & doesn't wanna acknowledge that because of her presence on the show, most peeps here in NY (and probably everywhere else) think she's a raving lunatic.

Look, they show that freakin' Scary Island ep repeatedly.  And she was acting like a maniac there.  Hey, it's kinda like Kim Richards.  Kelly willingly put herself up to be exploited & sold her soul to Satan Andy & this is what happened.  I don't feel sorry for her one bit, but I do think she's misunderstood.  She's really great with her kids & she's clearly a very good mother.  She might be an eccentric loon (um, ya think?), but is she a raving babbling maniac like she was on Scary Island?  Er, no.

But why would Kelly appear on here again?  She just doesn't get it.  She is, at her core, an extremely stupid woman.  Satan Andy was exploiting her once again, for some dumb fake storyline, which went nowhere cuz Beth wasn't having it.  In this instance, I say KADOOZ for B!  If she had fought with Kelly, it would have made them both get in the mud & made them both look horrible.  B's instincts here were absolutely correct -- to just hang at the bar with those loserish-looking dudes.  She was right to wait at the bar, biding her time & sneering at the loser in velvet, while Lu the snake slithered up to her.

Ugh, as far as Lu's crap & bullshit about Kelly being a "sweetheart"?  Please.  You're bugging me again, Lu, with all of your bullshit.  I thought you were on a curve now of being straight with us, but you're flinging an awful lot of bullshit at us, hun.  Is the old Lu comin' back to town -- or did she never leave?  I agree with B that this move with Kelly was "vintage" snakey, untrustworthy, full-o-bullshit Lu of seasons past.

OK, maybe Kelly might be misunderstood, but she ain't no sweetheart.  My theory is Kelly was approached by producers to make that appearance & with the sole intention to try to rattle Bethenny & start some confrontation with her.  Nasty?  You betcha.  Kelly has demonstrated some very, very mean traits on the show (she was absolutely horrible to Alex merely because she wasn't model-gorgeous & she lived in Brooklyn) & I don't trust her motives about anything for one second.  Yeah, Kelly's a real sweetheart, Lu.  Enough with the bullshit, Countess.  I'm glad B will not hesitate to call her out on this crap.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

I agree. I wrote earlier in the thread that I think something is wrong with her (and I also compared her to Jill!), and I usually never think this way - I just think some people are bitchy or crazy or fill-in-the-blank, and there's no pill or therapy for that. But because Bethenny has been on reality tv for so long and has really exposed herself to the public, I'm seeing somebody that has changed....something is off. Your examples are spot-on - the hair trigger temper and the constant belittling. I'll add another one - telling a literal sob story about her divorce in the car to her realtor, a practical stranger, and breaking down. I don't say this without compassion - the contentious divorce battle alone is reason enough to cause a person to lose it or really struggle, but to me, the changes in character are really obvious.

Maybe Beth is hungry? ;-)

• Love 5