Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Sorry! I didn't know about that rule. Now I do. I'm used to live posting elsewhere when it comes to a particular soap opera that's still on the air and forget that it's not welcomed everywhere. I wasn't intending to post anything else about today's episode of The View while it was airing except to say that Sherri was indeed there.

Sorry! I didn't know about that rule. Now I do. I'm used to live posting elsewhere when it comes to a particular soap opera that's still on the air and forget that it's not welcomed everywhere. I wasn't intending to post anything else about today's episode of The View while it was airing except to say that Sherri was indeed there.

I don't think it's a problem here because I've done it several time & the rules don't mention it.

That wig? Oh no, no, no. It looked cheap, among other things.

After Sherri's crap about Jeffrey having to go to the bathroom on a plane (and yelling about it ON the plane),  Sherri now understands and knows there are rules, when it had to do with a 3 year old girl. Interesting.

• Love 4

Sherri's hair today has finally driven me to jump in & join this thread!  I am barely watching the show anymore so I never have anything to say but I tuned in today just long enough to see that she was wearing a dead raccoon on her head.   I need to go back through this thread to read what I've missed about the huzzbin situation.

• Love 6

My impression is that Sherri wants to wear "edgy" tacky styles, including weird wigs and too-young inappropriate clothes, vs. flattering, classy, truly beautiful styles.  I give up expecting her to wear anything but the worst crap.  We can all see how she gets worse each day and laugh at her.  I find it hard to offer sympathy for anything she does.

• Love 6

OMG-OMG-OMG-OMG....That HAIR!!!   ...and she gives "credit" to the show's hair stylist.  Bet that went over well.  Or...maybe the stylist DID create that freakshow.  Perhaps it's a cry for help.

And Sherri couldn't help interrupting and trying to make her point over and over (about Beyonce's baby's hair)...that a professional hair care expert is commenting on how wrong-wrong-wrong it is.  Whoopi couldn't get through to her that no matter how "expert" Sherri's source is, if one hasn't even seen the baby's hair in person...let alone touched it, what can she possibly know.  Sherri listens to all the wrong experts.

Guess the Dove Men+Care people were unhappy their commercial (it IS a commercial) was pre-empted in various places.  So...I saw it last week and again this week.  Now did they get their money's worth?

I guess it's too late for Sherri to understand that she has a microphone...and even though their audience-rev-it-up idiot is creating crowd noise, she doesn't have to YELL for us to hear her.  

Lastly...what Tosia said just above me.

• Love 4

Holy crap! I have to join in too. Sherri looked absolutely ridiculous with that sad excuse for a wig. Good grief and horrid were a few things that came to mind. If she thought that looked good, she's way more delusional than I thought.

• Love 1

Our President, no matter who he is or when he serves, apparently takes (1) too much vacation time (2) vacation time at the wrong time.  He also (1) spends his time doing something on vacation that various pundits/talk-show hosts cannot abide.  Golf?  My stars!!  Working on a ranch?  Give me a break.  The discussion is always the same: someone remarks about the president's vacation.  Another panelist is required (apparently) to complain about it...how much time is taken--he should be saving the world instead of __________.  Another person will bring out the statistics about how many days this president took versus that president.

Instead of bringing it up whenever our president takes a few days (or more) off...why not just rerun/rehash videos of the past comments.  Nothing changes.

And why do WE have to save the world?

• Love 11

I've been asking that question forever.

My impression is that Sherri wants to wear "edgy" tacky styles, including weird wigs and too-young inappropriate clothes, vs. flattering, classy, truly beautiful styles.

Oh I totally agree.  Sherri wants to be noticed.  What she fails to realize or just flat out doesn't care is just because people look at you or take your picture or whatever doesn't mean you look good.

• Love 3

Amen, Former Nun!

The Wig (groan)

I wasn't looking at the TV when the show started. When I saw Sherry, I did a double take. If she thought that looked good, she does need glasses!

• Love 2

Surely the cast and crew of the show also thought Sherri looked like crap and forcing attention to it felt to me like an underhanded way to make fun of her.  Letting her go on national TV in that hideous getup says to me that the people with The View really do not like her.

I actually do believe the crew at the View probably doesn't like Sherri.  I've always gotten a diva vibe from her. 

• Love 2

I hadn't realized how much weight Sherri lost till I saw the clip of her first day on the show. But that fright wig and pleather(?) get-up made her look quite large. 

I lost about 20-30 pounds and I really enjoy being able to wear more stylish clothes. I know what works and what still doesn't. Sherri looks best with a neat, trim hairdo. I like the short styles on her because she has lovely, large eyes, and a pretty face. She doesn't need so much hair around her face.

I have the same problem she does in the bust, but she still can wear cute skirts, skinny capris, etc. with stretchy tops. If I can figure that out on my own, Sherri should be able to. 

It's not brain science! 

• Love 1

I think the short wigs look nice on Sherri too. It's the poofy out of control ones that do not compliment her at all. Today's was terrible. Her outfit choices are a bit off, to me. Jenny on the other hand seems to dress nicely the majority of the time.

• Love 2

Some people wear clothes while for others the clothes wear them. I just wish that a stylist or someone who works on the show would intervene. She could absolutely look very pretty if someone would just give her a hand that she would accept. I'm not so sure that couldn't be the case. The wig and the outfit wore her today and not the other way around.

When you have a round face, covering up half of it with bangs is problematic. I've seen Sherri in hairstyles that were 'fluffy' and I liked them especially when they were pulled back so her face showed, including her forehead. The do today was fluffy AND messy. And because it wasn't pulled back, it only made what did show of her face look even rounder.

• Love 1

Problem is with Sherri has no neck - so short is best on her. Just saying - because I very, very rarely comment on someone's looks or style. And agree about no bangs with her face shape.

So while I am at it - she was a mess today - and hardly a size 8 - especially in the bust - and certainly not in extremely tight clothes.

Sherri has had stylists for years - has not learned a thing.

In the recent US mag  article she stated  she "hopes her character and integrity will scream louder." Sigh I say her desperation, despair and need to be young and edgy are screaming.

• Love 3

Goodness!   I had to go to the ABC site to see the wig you were all talking about  - WTF!!!!  Looks like she couldn't decide between a short blond wig and a long black one, so she wore them both. 

Most horrendous wig ever.  Add in the ridiculous dress/shoe combination, the total look ?   Is she in a new movie playing a crack whore?   

• Love 3

Sherri has had stylists for years - has not learned a thing.

In the recent US mag  article she stated  she "hopes her character and integrity will scream louder." Sigh I say her desperation, despair and need to be young and edgy are screaming.

Sherri has always acted immature.  I don't know if it's a lack of education or the fact that she is a very dim bulb but she most definitely does not act her age.  And I'm speaking as someone who is Sherri's age.  Her behavior is that of someone in their 20's.  She is a grown adult woman who has been married twice and has a child.  If she thinks she is somehow competing with younger women for attention or men or whatever she needs to grow up.  There is something to be said for acting with class and grace.  Two things Sherri is unfamiliar with.

I used to also say Elisabeth acted very immature. But with her it was mostly that she acted childish when she didn't get her way. She would pout and act like a brat.  Whereas with Sherri she just acts like she is still in her 20s.  And now with her being newly single again I can only shudder at how she will behave now.  We all know she will be looking for a new man if she hasn't already.

• Love 3

Today Sherri shared the story of going to the wrong classroom presentation. She said it was an end of the school year event.

Those of us that are Sherri followers know that this actually occurred months ago.

• Love 4

Today Sherri shared the story of going to the wrong classroom presentation. She said it was an end of the school year event.

Those of us that are Sherri followers know that this actually occurred months ago.

She's so funny isn't she springtime?  She must think her "fans" all had a lobotomy.  LOL.

• Love 4

So how many times are we to believe that she keeps ending up at the wrong place?  I personally think everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie.  Just made  up stories to make her appear to have some crazy madcap life. I still think her ultimate goal is have a reality show.  It probably kills her that Whoopi's daughter has a reality show and she doesn't.

• Love 3

So, I am watching the show because I miss posting with all of you and want to try and get back into the swing of things, but the show has become even more unwatchable in the weeks since I have tuned out ... Sherri has become even more insufferable -- how can that be??  "It's so funny..,"  "You know, it's so funny because,"  "You know what's so funny is.."  --- how many years has this woman been on  the show?  Certainly long enough to have learned a new conversation opener by now.  I've only watched 2 days in a row and yet I am already SO tired of hearing this coming of her piehole.  And WTF is with all of the "Mama" crap?  She just called Angie Harmon "Mama."  And "You go, Mama!"   And my consensus after 2 days back-to-back of watching is that this show should now be called 'The Sherri Show.'  Jeffrey stories abound (always negative and disastrous), memories of her legal secretary days, stories of ass selfies & ignorant, misguided opinions. 

• Love 4

The only day Sherri looked nice was when the large woman seated on the end dressed her - long skirt and nice blouse.  I think I posted about it since it was unbelievable and looked very nice - not Sherri's style at all.

I could not believe that god-awful wig!  My hair looked like that after a bad perm and I was embarrassed.

The trouble with lying

I cannot imagine if she went to her son's assembly dressed the way she is currently dressed, but that's her choice .

This was posted by a viewer on the show's message board

I started watching Wendy Williams recently and really like the way she dresses---usually a great colorful dress, and yes high shoes, and her long wig.  She has a big bosom too so I appreciate that her clothes fit well.  Sherri needs to take a lesson.  Sherri is one of those women who dresses too young and thinks  they look hip, when in reality they look ridiculous and desperate.  Sigh......

I simply cannot look at Sherri's big teethy grin anymore either.  She flaps her big arms over the table to dominate as well, besides yelling.  Same old, same old, Sherri. 

• Love 5

The trouble with lying

This was posted by a viewer on the show's message board

At least we know that she didn't show up at "assembly" in that get-up.  Gawd, get a brain Sherri!!!  (No wonder the other parents don't want anything to do with her!)

• Love 1

I have had plenty to say regarding Sherri. Today though, I am of the opinion that she is just plain ignorant. So she goes to the wrong room at Jeffrey's school. When she realizes it she says she cheered for the "only" black boy performing. Is it just me, or does this not seem wrong?

I know this was a repeat story, and the fact that she has used it before bothers me. Perhaps I need a nap.

• Love 3

Seems to me Sherri has been against interracial relationships since first coming on the show....after all, Jeff Sr's mistress was a white woman. She even built her short sitcom on this. Yet one of her favorite shows is Scandal. Go figure. She can't seem to figure out what a real contradiction she is....

Sherri can instagram her butt because she "is a grown ass woman." Just when does Sherri think her son will be old enough to go on the internet ? Afterall - he can listen to Jay Z - no problem.

And yeah, cheering on the only "little black boy" in Annie. Like she didn't know what the subject of Jeffrey's group was going to do......or that these kids were older and bigger than Jeffrey's class? Or couldn't excuse herself with a "oops....I'm in the wrong room." But she did have enough snacks for both assemblies.

• Love 3

Sherri thinking she can keep Jeffrey off the internet, social media as she likes to say is just "so funny".  She's under a rock if she really believes that. And when he does see her Twitter, or a stand-up bit with his name mentioned, then what? Ignorance is bliss, is a load of crap when the shit hits the fan.

And once again the son of one of the producers on the show gets mentioned. Judge much?

Seems to me Sherri has been against interracial relationships since first coming on the show....after all, Jeff Sr's mistress was a white woman. She even built her short sitcom on this. Yet one of her favorite shows is Scandal. Go figure. She can't seem to figure out what a real contradiction she is

In my personal life I have dealt with black women who are anti-interracial dating where white women/black men are concerned but have no problem with black women/white men relationships.  I think Sherri would date a white man.

• Love 2
I have had plenty to say regarding Sherri. Today though, I am of the opinion that she is just plain ignorant. So she goes to the wrong room at Jeffrey's school. When she realizes it she says she cheered for the "only" black boy performing. Is it just me, or does this not seem wrong?

I know this was a repeat story, and the fact that she has used it before bothers me. Perhaps I need a nap.

Maybe Sherri DID have that lobotomy that is frequently suggested.  All the memories haven't fallen into place yet.

Seems to me Sherri has been against interracial relationships since first coming on the show....after all, Jeff Sr's mistress was a white woman. She even built her short sitcom on this. Yet one of her favorite shows is Scandal. Go figure. She can't seem to figure out what a real contradiction she is....

I think she subscribes to the complaint of many Black women...that there aren't enough good Black men to go around, so they are angry when Black men get involved with white women.  A Black woman getting involved with a white man just means there's one more available Black man out there somewhere.

• Love 1

I think she subscribes to the complaint of many Black women...that there aren't enough good Black men to go around, so they are angry when Black men get involved with white women.  A Black woman getting involved with a white man just means there's one more available Black man out there somewhere.

The issue is more complicated than that.  It's not that black women get angry when a black man is with a white woman; it's that black men have no problem dating women of any race, while black women are told not to and if they do get shamed by others in the "black community."  I don't think Sherri would date a white man because to me, she seems stuck in that mentality of "only a black man for me."

• Love 1

I was so happy that Sherri wasn't there to weigh in on today's topics.  My head was pounding and I didn't have Sherri to blame.  I don't think Candace would be a good candidate for a co-host.  She wasn't able to articulate her points and she has a very judgy and disapproving face when she disagrees with something.  Of course they are paid to give opinions in the hot topics section, but in the interview segments, the co-hosts should try to appear objective and let the audience decide.  Meredith was good at that.  

(edited)
She wasn't able to articulate her points and she has a very judgy and disapproving face when she disagrees with something.

It was interesting, Morgalisa, to see Candace sputter and stutter...wave her arms and then give up because she couldn't state her opinion.  No one was interrupting her--they were being quite supportive.  If this is an audition, it's not going well.  Although she is very cute.

Edited by Former Nun

It is fine to snark about the show and the hosts within reason, but racist and bigoted comments will not be tolerated on this board. If you a find a post offensive, please report it and do not engage in discussion about it. We can deal with it more quickly when reports are made to us. Thank you.

• Love 6

It is going to be almost impossible to ever sort out this Jeff T., Sherri, Sal, Sherri, Jeffrey mess. If Sherri has no biological relation to this baby, she needs to walk away but somehow I don't think she will.

Wonder what Jeffrey's relationship is with Sal. So when he goes to CA is going to be bounced back and forth between is dad and Sal? Gosh, can it get an more complicated for the little guy?

The serogate is carrying Sherri's egg fertilized by Sal's sperm... the baby belongs to both parents...... I guess Sherri is too vain to be pregnant.... I think she likes the idea of being a mom without all the mom work... Im not sure what she would do if she couldnt hire  a nanny

The initial story was that Sherri threw Sal out for cheating (oops-this article doesn't mention the cheating)

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/07/sherri-shepherd-to-call-it-quits-with-husband/.

This catapulted an angry Sal into filing for separation which prompted Sherri to file for the divorce.

So glad they took the time to find a surrogate that doesn't have any drama! She sure has it now!

From the article that I read, Sal couldnt file for divorce because he wasnt a resident of California yet.... but he filed for seperation... this prompted Sherri to file for divorce.... this way she would have hire standing because she filed first.... a legal tactic...... She only accused him of having an affair.... the article I read said "she is convinced that Sal cheated on her....  http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/05/17/sherri-shepherd-convinced-lamar-sally-cheated-divorcing-husband/ ... not that he actually did.... lets face it..... Sherri can be convinced of pretty much anything

• Love 2

It's not that she's to vain to be pregnant. She had an extremely rough pregnancy with Jeffery who was premature, previous miscarriages and is in her mid 40's just about so she'd be super high risk. I don't see anything wrong with hiring a surrogate if one has the money and can't carry a baby for whatever reason. The issue here is that they didn't think enough before they went through with this surrogacy. I wonder if it was to try and save their marriage?

• Love 4

The period leading up leading to the surrogate Sherri kept talking about her uterus.....as in it's dropping out because so and so is here on the show type crap. Or I'm so nervous, or I'm so excited.

I remember Sal and Sherri's video on the show before they were married talking about Sal wanting a son.....and only a son...of his own.

Sherri even said she wanted someone with a drama-free uterus after they were married for a while. She even offered a free Hyundai for someone with one.

While she has had "more abortions than I can count" she is against abortion now. Yet I suspect the gender of this baby was manipulated to have a boy. Plus we don't know if it was Sherri that provided the egg that I am aware of. (And I am pro-choice but not when abortion is used for birth control). And then she even said Planned Parenthood didn't counsel her on any of them and I find that very hard to believe.

Plus this baby will be born in late July so Sherri was 46 then and mid forties is difficult to conceive and carry for most women.....especially with her gynecological history.

I think her attorneys, friends and family have convinced her to not say a thing.

OTOH perhaps it is her egg and hence Sal's hopeful windfall. Especially with Jeff Tarpley Sr all over custody now.

I'm thinking Sherri is in LA now for legal reasons with her ex and soon to be ex.

On 6/14 Sherri posted on twitter "Good night. See you soon..." which is so unlike her. And complete silence since then.

(edited)
Plus we don't know if it was Sherri that provided the egg that I am aware of.

That's my take on it too, Maggiemae.    The eggs Sherri mentioned in the past must be close to nine years old.  Does anyone know if they're viable?  I have a feeling the sperm is Sal's but the egg/eggs are not Sherri's.  I have no information that leads me to that conclusion.   If I were Sherri I'd want to cut any/all ties with The Amazing Lamar.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1