Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I don't know if we actually know her position. I think on this one, and only this one topic, she has gotten good advice and has accepted it.

We kinda do know her position....  She is contesting the surrogacy contract claiming fraud.... fraud because she is saying that Lamar wanted a divorce before the contract was signed. I don't know how she can prove it, but that is her legal stance

• Love 2

We kinda do know her position....  She is contesting the surrogacy contract claiming fraud.... fraud because she is saying that Lamar wanted a divorce before the contract was signed. I don't know how she can prove it, but that is her legal stance

Didn't Sal also accuse Sherri of fraud? Maybe in the pre-nup?

• Love 1

I'm not sure why Sherri seems to have become obsessed with tweeting and instagramming.  Those two things have been around for some time now, and I don't recall her putting herself out there and her business like she has for the past few months. At least, I don't recall her doing so. She used to do all of that on the show.

So Sherri tweeted a little while ago  "So excited I am done being the Sherri the actress, and now about to go be 'Mommy' - can't wait to get home to see my son Jeffrey!. #singlemama"

Looks like she DID NOT watch Aladdin with Jeffrey the night we heard Robin passed.

• Love 5

The mention of whether Sherri had anyone in her life who warned her about Sal... Sherri has admitted that she's been husband shopping ever since she joined The View. Mention of the kind of man she was looking for as well as his FICO score.

So Niecy Nash introduces her to Sal. Sherri seems to have been close to Niecy and if he came "recommended" by Niecy then maybe that was good enough for Sherri. It does look like she did hash out a prenup (that is now being contested but I think most prenups that basically give the other spouse nothing are often contested).

I do think it is ironic that, if the reports are true, that she beat out Niecy for the role on Broadway. While on the View she hasn't mentioned Niecy for quite some time.

I don't think the shoe instagram was a paid promotion by Louboutin. Unless Louboutin is hurting for publicity. But I think not. Sometimes though, the hashtag tells the tale.

I just saw this cartoon and thought it was pretty funny and relevant:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10347567_10203702498977546_8544602976663187516_n.jpg

• Love 2

Good lord - I LOVE shoes, at one time in my life I have over 75 pairs in my closet - to my current shame as most of them didn't really fit (size?  10 1/2 AAA - I dare you to find that size)

BUT, my beef with Sherri and the fetish with current shoe styles, especially of the "name" brand pricey shoes.....she can't walk in those stupidly high heels.  Watch her on any episode of t he View walking out - - she can't manage anything approaching a graceful stride.  There are a few women who do manage it but not many.

Spending all that money for shoes that make you look like an ungainly puppy is stupid to me - and I spent big bucks on shoes back in the day.

Now?  I just want to be comfortable.  Screw fashion especially when it makes me look foolish when I walk.

I was a tall gal tho (5' 8") and Sherri is short and I have been told that short women think heels make them appear taller so that may be going on with her.

• Love 5

I watched a rerun of The View and Sherri's behavior  was so off-the-wall  outrageous and loud that it reinforced my negative feelings toward her.  Goodbye and good luck, Sherri, I hope I never have to watch you again!!!!

• Love 7

The mention of whether Sherri had anyone in her life who warned her about Sal... Sherri has admitted that she's been husband shopping ever since she joined The View. Mention of the kind of man she was looking for as well as his FICO score.

So Niecy Nash introduces her to Sal. Sherri seems to have been close to Niecy and if he came "recommended" by Niecy then maybe that was good enough for Sherri. It does look like she did hash out a prenup (that is now being contested but I think most prenups that basically give the other spouse nothing are often contested).

I do think it is ironic that, if the reports are true, that she beat out Niecy for the role on Broadway. While on the View she hasn't mentioned Niecy for quite some time.

I don't think the shoe instagram was a paid promotion by Louboutin. Unless Louboutin is hurting for publicity. But I think not. Sometimes though, the hashtag tells the tale.

I just saw this cartoon and thought it was pretty funny and relevant:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10347567_10203702498977546_8544602976663187516_n.jpgThat was

Sherri, beat out Nene Leaks for Cinderella. She spoke, about her gf, Neicy N. her last week of the show.

Was it ever mentioned how long sherri will have the Broadway role? I'm not sure if she is in it for the long haul or if her part is the one they will cycle "big names" through. When they cast a "non- theater" famous person to bring publicity to a show ( like wendy Williams in Chicago for a month and others I can't think of right now) isn't it for just a couple months or so and then they get another "famous" person? When sherri is done, nene, neicy and a whole host of others could cycle through for a short stint. Assuming the show is a hit and has staying power.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was it ever mentioned how long sherri will have the Broadway role? I'm not sure if she is in it for the long haul or if her part is the one they will cycle "big names" through. When they cast a "non- theater" famous person to bring publicity to a show ( like wendy Williams in Chicago for a month and others I can't think of right now) isn't it for just a couple months or so and then they get another "famous" person? When sherri is done, nene, neicy and a whole host of others could cycle through for a short stint. Assuming the show is a hit and has staying power.

Cinderella has had lots of stars taking part- Fran Drescher was recently Madame. She stayed longer than her planned 10 weeks (finished in June- A seasoned stage actress is in place until Sherri takes the part.) Before Fran it was Harriet Harris- an actress  known for playing a character named Bebe on Frazier

If the duo of Keke and Sherri brings audiences in- they could be in place for awhile- While the touring show will have its own cast and crew - there will be an increased need for experienced wicked step mothers to insure both productions are well covered! lol

In other news- she is heading to LA with Jeffrey- I wonder when she starts rehearsals for the show?

She opens in less than a month!

Edited by springtime

Cinderella has had lots of stars taking part- Fran Drescher was recently Madame. She stayed longer than her planned 10 weeks (finished in June- A seasoned stage actress is in place until Sherri takes the part.) Before Fran it was Harriet Harris- an actress  known for playing a character named Bebe on Frazier

Harriet Sansom Harris is a Julliard-trained actress who has appeared in several Broadway shows (and countless television series, including the role of Felicia Tilman on Desperate Housewives). She won the 2002 Best Featured Actress In a Musical Tony Award for her performance in Thoroughly Modern Millie. Not exactly stunt casting.

Edited by lurkerbee
  • Love 3

Sherri's recent tweet:  "Breakfast @ 7am w my son & now we're on a plane headed to LA-he leans over kisses me & says "Mommy this is the best day ever" #lovebeingamom"

I'm calling B.S. on this story!!!  Why can't she just SHUT IT???

SO, he was/is in Atlanta & now they're going to L.A.?  What the hell??

• Love 1

my son & now we're on a plane headed to LA-he leans over kisses me & says "Mommy this is the best day ever"

Perhaps he's on his way to see his father so it is a good day. Strange how she says "my son" instead of Jeffrey. And I'm so glad she stated what time they had breakfast, I wanted to know that, LOL.

I don't think Jeffrey went to Atlanta so Sherri flew home from Atlanta yesterday, and now is flying with Jeffrey to LA.

Harriet Sansom Harris is a Julliard-trained actress who has appeared in several Broadway shows (and countless television series, including the role of Felicia Tilman on Desperate Housewives). She won the 2002 Best Featured Actress In a Musical Tony Award for her performance in Thoroughly Modern Millie. Not exactly stunt casting.

Thanks for providing more information on Harriet- I am not familiar with her. The link I read focused on Frazier (and I was stuck on the fact that there was a character named Bebe as well as an actress with the real name of Bebe in the series!) lol

• Love 1

So, Sherri was away from home (and Jeffrey) for at least a week. As I thought, upon her return she flew to LA with Jeffrey to see his dad. (I'm guessing she won't stop by to see Sal)

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   57m   

Always hard doing the “drop off” of your child to other parent- I always feel lost when He drives Jeffrey away -now back on the plane to NYC

I wonder if it hit her yet WHY Jeffrey said "Mommy this is the best day ever" ?

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 6

Sherri's recent tweet:  "Breakfast @ 7am w my son & now we're on a plane headed to LA-he leans over kisses me & says "Mommy this is the best day ever" #lovebeingamom"

I'm calling B.S. on this story!!!  Why can't she just SHUT IT???

SO, he was/is in Atlanta & now they're going to L.A.?  What the hell??

I don't think Jeffrey was in Atlanta all week with Sherri, because on Friday night she tweeted this:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  Aug 15

So excited I am done being Sherri the actress and now am about to go be “Mommy” - can’t wait to get home to see my son Jeffrey! #singlemama

Perhaps he's on his way to see his father so it is a good day. Strange how she says "my son" instead of Jeffrey. And I'm so glad she stated what time they had breakfast, I wanted to know that, LOL.

I don't think Jeffrey went to Atlanta so Sherri flew home from Atlanta yesterday, and now is flying with Jeffrey to LA.

You're right; she flew there just to drop Jeffrey off and turn around to go back east:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  3h

Breakfast @ 7am w my son & now we're on a plane headed to LA-he leans over kisses me & says "Mommy this is the best day ever" #lovebeingamom

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  1h

Always hard doing the “drop off” of your child to other parent- I always feel lost when He drives Jeffrey away -now back on the plane to NYC

ETA:

So, Sherri was away from home (and Jeffrey) for at least a week. As I thought, upon her return she flew to LA with Jeffrey to see his dad. (I'm guessing she won't stop by to see Sal)

I wonder if it hit her yet WHY Jeffrey said "Mommy this is the best day ever" ?

Oops, sorry. We were posting at around the same time.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

I wonder if it's as hard for her when she drives away from Jeffrey to one of her many out of town gigs. 

I can understand Jeff contesting their custody arrangement.  It seems like when Sherri has Jeffrey she is away from him most of the time.  I understand she needs to make a living by filming movie roles and whatever but why not let Jeff have Jeffrey during those times?

• Love 5

So, Sherri was away from home (and Jeffrey) for at least a week. As I thought, upon her return she flew to LA with Jeffrey to see his dad. (I'm guessing she won't stop by to see Sal)

(I'm guessing she won't stop by to see Sal)- so funny!

• Love 3

The original story had said Sherri was up for the fairy godmother part, which is a big part, with singing. But Sherri has the part of the stepmother, which is a smaller and less important part.

Way smaller.

One of the comments to her tweet about leaving Jeffrey in CA was to do something nice for herself.  My thought:  What?  That's all she's been doing.  Maybe her "son" had important business in NY while Sherri was partying in Atl - oh, and being a very small fish in a big sea of a movie - but I don't understand why Jeffrey wasn't there, too, with his nanny, caregiver.  Oh, right, then Sherri couldn't party and tweet us pics.  This kinda perturbs me.

• Love 3

I wonder if it's as hard for her when she drives away from Jeffrey to one of her many out of town gigs. 

I can understand Jeff contesting their custody arrangement.  It seems like when Sherri has Jeffrey she is away from him most of the time.  I understand she needs to make a living by filming movie roles and whatever but why not let Jeff have Jeffrey during those times?

I imagine school gets in the way during the rest of the year.

I think there are a lot of days Sherri could have been more involved with Jeffery be it evenings or weekends when in school, or during the summer. And not implying in tweets and selfies just how boring it was, like track, or at his camp wearing her darling swimsuit, and all of her very trying ordeals with him on the show - and of course her version of his voice. Which is nowhere accurate.

I actually loved Jeffrey's response to SS's goodbye speech on the show - total boredom.

Or pretending to be singlemama consoling her son watching Alladin hearing about William's death when he wasn't even with her  in Atlanta.

• Love 1

To be fair, Sherri's post said "Jeffrey. & I just watched Aladdin w @RobinWilliams - he brought joy to so many - young & old. #RIP Mr Williams," which I interpreted to mean they had just *recently* watched the movie, not that she was implying they had just watched it together that day.

• Love 4

Sherri indicates that her weave was for the movie:

overjoyedbliss:
@sherrieshepherd what style wig do you have on in the photo? I love it. Is it from your wig collection?
sherrieshepherd
@overjoyedbliss that's actually a weave I have in my hair ;O) had to shoot a movie and they wanted human hair to work with - everybody seems to love the weave LOL

I think you're right, CousinAmy.  #cousinamyisright  Hee!

Lordy, how many times HAS she worn those holey jeans and that see-thru top in the last couple of weeks and instagramed in them?  I understand liking an outfit that much and even wearing it a lot, but showing yourself wearing it every place you go is a little over the top. 

• Love 3

To bring this back to the show, Sherri never mentioned the surrogate after the woman was pregnant in November - we didn't hear about it till much later. I wonder if she actually changed her mind much earlier than we knew, and this is what broke up her marriage?

It seems strange that she lives her life private life online, but was completely silent on this issue. Maybe because they already were fighting about the baby before Lamar filed for separation?

He seemed delighted to be having a baby, while she flits around the country with an occasional visit to the child she already has.

• Love 1

We and Sherri knew Sal wanted his own son.  Perhaps what neither of us knew was just how much, apparently to the exclusion of having a real stepfather relationship with Jeffrey.  Perhaps once the surrogate's pregnancy was a sure thing after the first trimester, Sal didn't have to pretend he wanted to be with Sherri anymore - just get the baby with child and spousal support.  He sure lined up a bunch of out-of-town jobs for her.

I don't know, but that scenario kinda makes sense to me.  Sherri thought they'd have a family.  If that's anywhere close to the truth, what a blow to Sherri after all her carrying on about getting the drama-free uterus for them - but it wasn't really for them, but for Sal.

Yeah, she more than willingly walked into this with eyes tightly closed to the warning signs and to what she'd said she wanted from a husband, but realizing the reality had to have hurt and made her feel totally stupid. 

• Love 5

To bring this back to the show, Sherri never mentioned the surrogate after the woman was pregnant in November - we didn't hear about it till much later. I wonder if she actually changed her mind much earlier than we knew, and this is what broke up her marriage?

It seems strange that she lives her life private life online, but was completely silent on this issue. Maybe because they already were fighting about the baby before Lamar filed for separation?

He seemed delighted to be having a baby, while she flits around the country with an occasional visit to the child she already has.

That's an interesting theory. We will probably never know for sure. However, I suspect the silence on the matter likely has more to do with the surrogate's desire for complete anonymity. Sherri may have even been contractually obligated not to discuss it on the show until the birth. Also, it's pretty much standard operating procedure not to discuss any pregnancy publicly until after at least the first trimester so there are plenty of possibilities for why it wasn't fodder for show discussion before Sherri's domestic and professional status very publicly went to hell in a tacky overpriced handbasket.

• Love 4

#I #think #Sherri #is #overusing #hashtags.

#She #uses #them #for #random #phrases. #Singlemama #is #not #going #to #trend #on #twitter.

Exactly! And she is hardly the only one doing that on Twatter. I think they all need a course in Hashtags 101.

• Love 1

I agree, Givemespace. You would think that her tweeters would provide a definition of "verklempt", so Sherri would see that she is using it in the wrong way.  But then Sherri would ignore it like other advice. 

Sherri?   Sigh.  I've had friends who would not listen to advice many others were giving them. The best we can do is hope they are safe.  Her actions (and my friends) are frustrating to me so it's difficult to feel sorry for them. I've also had friends who succeeded despite lesser talent  and I am mystified, but such is the world.  IT is what it is.  In my old age (60), I have finally learned, the world is neither logical nor fair (sometimes).

• Love 3

I must have skipped enough of the show that I don't remember how Sherri was using "verklempt."  Help refresh my recollection.

When I hear that word, I think of Mike Myers doing his impression on SNL of his MIL.

I must have skipped enough of the show that I don't remember how Sherri was using "verklempt."  Help refresh my recollection.

When I hear that word, I think of Mike Myers doing his impression on SNL of his MIL.

I haven't watched her much, would someone give me an example of how she uses verklempt, just for my amusement (and perhaps others')?

I didn't watch all of the show today, but when it came on I was reminded of her on a show from last week using "verklempt" to explain her emotions at "New Edition" being there, if I recall correctly. Seeing her face again today reminded me of how she constantly says that. I cant think of any really good examples of it, though.

ETA: I did Google Sherri Shepherd and verklempt and this came up: http://jezebel.com/332529/sherri-shepherd-channels-linda-richman-on-the-view

Here is another story about her use of the word. I guess that it is not exactly wrong usage, it just makes no sense for her to use the word.

http://www.aoltv.com/2009/12/14/sherri-shepherd-goes-wild-over-soap-star-cameron-mathison-on-the-view-video/

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 1