Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I watched a bit today - Friday that is - and was struck by how heavy Sherri looked.

I don't normally comment on weight, we all have our demons and our visions of our idealized self (usually at 23), but with all the talk of her weight loss and the constant stress she is under, I thought her weight gain was notable on Friday.

I am not blaming her, god knows,  I would be a blimp dealing with what she is dealing with, but I really wish she had someone in her life she would listen to who could help her climb down from the edge and be less manic.  I think the manic behavior is a huge pointer that this women needs some help!

• Love 5

Sherri used to tweet all the time about her trainer and about Rocco's delivered meals. I certainly understand stress eating, but if she sticks with the trainer and the personal chef that should help. It's a lot more help than the vast majority of working mothers have when trying to fight the weight battle.

• Love 2

@kaygeeret -  Yeah, I don't like criticizing someone for gaining weight.  BUT -   Sherri is the "author"  of a book on how to lose weight.  Celebrities, like the rest of us, can have problems with diet and exercise.  It's hard to lose weight, and it's even harder to keep it off.  And when you put yourself out in the public as some kind of "expert", who has a system called "Plan D" - then you should be doing better than the rest of us at keeping the weight off. 

With all the diet books written by REAL experts, I wish celebs would stop thinking they can write their own book on dieting - at least until they've kept the weight off for a year or two. 

• Love 8

Good points, @backformore . I think there were several people here and on TWoP who predicted that Sherri wouldn't keep it off for long. Come to think of it, this has to be at least the third or fourth time she's lost a good bit of weight but gained it back shortly thereafter.

A few months ago when we were discussing her varying accounts of just how many pounds she lost, I did a Google search and found a ton of articles from over the years touting some new big weight loss of hers. It's almost part of her shtick at this point, given the fact that it's garnered her many articles over the years, plus the book.

• Love 1

@kaygeeret -  Yeah, I don't like criticizing someone for gaining weight.  BUT -   Sherri is the "author"  of a book on how to lose weight.  Celebrities, like the rest of us, can have problems with diet and exercise.  It's hard to lose weight, and it's even harder to keep it off.  And when you put yourself out in the public as some kind of "expert", who has a system called "Plan D" - then you should be doing better than the rest of us at keeping the weight off. 

With all the diet books written by REAL experts, I wish celebs would stop thinking they can write their own book on dieting - at least until they've kept the weight off for a year or two. 

I doubt Sherri wrote the book.... they usually get an expert to ghost write it for them and the plop their name on it. Remember, Elisabeth stole her book from someone else...... but she won in court because of her celebrity

• Love 3
(edited)

psst... Roger-

We all know Sherri did not write the book (that's why the word author is in quotes.)

It seems like Bone must've read it as he (like Sherri) believes (mentioned in his comedy routine) that eating sugary foods causes diabetes (I do know recent studies mention sugary drinks -but sugar (in general) has not been found to be a cause.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

psst... Roger-

We all know Sherri did not write the book (that's why the word author is in quotes.)

It seems like Bone must've read it as he (like Sherri) believes (mentioned in his comedy routine) that eating sugary foods causes diabetes (I do know recent studies mention sugary drinks -but sugar (in general) has not been found to be a cause.

They often call me Captain Obvious   :D

• Love 5
Sherri used to tweet all the time about her trainer and about Rocco's delivered meals.

LuckyBitch, I'm still of the opinion that she was tweeting this stuff because she had some sort of contract--either paid by Rocco to tweet, or an exchange of goods (delivered meals).  Same thing with her trainer and that "special" Zumba leader/facility she always tweeted about.  Haven't read about "her" wig line either.   Maybe Sal DID have a hand in all these little businesses and the contracts ended around the same time.  If these were sources of income, she seems to be on the losing end--especially losing a BIG ABC/Disney paycheck.

• Love 2

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  39m

Coming to say goodbye to me @theviewtv ... July 29 ... my baby @iamValC & family for life @MaksimC ... how much do I love these two!

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  40m

My farewell show @TheViewtv - @MrRickyBell @MikeBiv @RonDeVoe @ArsenioHall @kirkfranklin @Yolandalive @Donnieradio how's that 4 goodbye!!

Well, well, well, it appears that ABC is giving Sherri a Farewell Show & look at all the "dignitaries & celebrities" attending!!!

• Love 3

Interesting to me that Sherri is chasing a role on Broadway, JUST when Rosie O, is joning the show - because Rosie is all about Broadway.

Here's an interesting take:

http://madamenoire.com/451628/sherri-shepherd-nene-leakes-vy-for-fairy-godmother-role/

Having seen this production, which I highly recommend, I remember that this part called for quite a bit of singing. The fairy godmother sings the song “There’s Music in You.” And if you heard Whitney sing it back in 1997, you know that that is no small feat. I don’t think either Sherri or NeNe could pull that off. They would have to cut that whole number entirely–and believe me, it’s chill inducing -

the link includes the video of Whitney Houston in the role.   Whitney Houston!   the show was on TV, too, Brandi played Cinderella. 

Both Sherri and Carla Hall from The Chew had small guest parts in Newsies on Broadway.  A line, a lyric, Carla danced - in one show, one night, a stunt-cast thing, where a celeb who is in town and available  gets to rehearse, and be onstage for a minute or two.   

But somehow to Sherri - this translates to taking on a role that Whitney Houston rocked the hell out of.   I hope the role goes to a SINGER, someone who actually wants to put in the work and has the stamina to do the job.    (and can SING!) 

• Love 4

Yes, I hope somebody who can sing gets the role. The Fairy Godmother's song is one of the more important in the musical.

And, less importantly, neither Sherri or Nene have the personality to play the character. A woman who helps another woman's dreams come true? Please. Two of the most self-centered, woman-hating women out there.

• Love 8
(edited)

Well, well, well, it appears that ABC is giving Sherri a Farewell Show & look at all the "dignitaries & celebrities" attending!!!

LOL, the only name I recognize is Arsenio Hall (and maybe DWTS peeps? Don't really watch that show). I don't know that Sherri belongs on Broadway, but she should be able to find steady sitcom work as a minor player or part of an ensemble. After all, she's not exactly without industry contacts and her appearances on Raymond, Friends and 30 Rock were pretty memorable, if a little one-note. What she definitely should not do is another talk show of any kind. Or marriage. She should swear off marriage indefinitely.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 4

I recognize the brothers from DWTS and the guys from the group Bel Biv DeVoe. If I remember correctly Kirk Franklin is a gospel singer. Not sure about the other people listed.

• Love 1

I thought she did a good job as Tracy Morgan's wife on 30 Rock.  It's a persona that sometimes spills out on The View when she's acting all ghetto-"comic"...so an easy portrayal.  She could earn a good steady income if she gets the right part on the right show.   She was a "host" on the red carpet for the 2010 Academy Awards, interviewing the stars.  I think that was the only time.  I think Sherri is a hard worker and will push-push-push her career.  It will be interesting to see where she shows up next.  I hope it's not Broadway...unless she pays her live theater dues.

• Love 3

Mr. Smooth:

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   1h   

4 days and counting until baby L.J. will be in the building!  Sooooo excited!

I wonder if Sherri is waiting until her official last day to announce something. If she's known since the Spring, I'd think she'd have something lined up by now. 

• Love 3

I am honestly surprised   I would not be surprised to find out Sherri made this happen and Geddie probably cares even less now than he did before and said fine.   Anyway, how awkward for Jenny, which is why I'll be tuning in.  

• Love 5

Maybe he is trying to throw the Paps off! (with apologizes for answering my own question)

Ha! He is the one who said the baby wouldn't be safe, and then went on babbling about the baby.

• Love 2

I know nothing of Nene Leakes and don't care about her.  I cannot remember ever hearing Sherri sing, try to sing, or talk about singing.  She might have a voice. Meryl  Streep and Glenn Close are two fine actresses who can sing, yet they don't in their acting roles. 

I have to laugh at the fact that, with the confirmation of Sherri's farewell show, this means all of the 2008-2013 panel will have received a "happy" farewell except Elisabeth (I say this because there is no doubt Whoopi will receive one whenever she leaves/the show ends, with guests that rival or possibly even surpass Barbara's farewell, I'm guessing). Not that I think Sherri was much better, overall, but it's nice to see Elisabeth snubbed considering how little she brought to the show vs. how much the show did for her.

• Love 3
I cannot remember ever hearing Sherri sing, try to sing, or talk about singing.

I've heard her sing...either alone or with a group and she sounded good.  She always says she can't sing, that she loves to sing...but it's karaoke.  There are some fabulous karaoke singers.  That said, karaoke doesn't always translate to good performance or a trained voice that can sing onstage show after show after show.  Although I don't like her personality or views--and don't think she will ever be a good stand-up comedian, I do think she will work harder than most to attain whatever she needs showbiz-wise to perform in a scripted environment.

• Love 1

I know nothing of Nene Leakes and don't care about her.  I cannot remember ever hearing Sherri sing, try to sing, or talk about singing.  She might have a voice. Meryl  Streep and Glenn Close are two fine actresses who can sing, yet they don't in their acting roles. 

In my opinion Nene and Sherri have alot in common.  Both lucked into highly lucrative gigs (Nene is the highest paid Real Housewife on Bravo at a reported million dollars a season) and then parlayed that into other projects.  For example, Ryan Murphy cast Nene in a small part on Glee and a now cancelled sitcom.  In the last seven years, Sherri had the recurring role on 30 Rock, a small part in a hit movie (Precious) and the opportunity for her own sitcom.   Both have been invited to slap their names on crap (wigs, wine, clothes, etc.) and sell it.  So to me, this means they have the (overblown) confidence and ego to think they can perform on Broadway.   I mean it takes some serious balls/nerve/delusion to attempt a role last played by Whitney Houston for crying out loud!

All that said, I've been wrong plenty of times about Sherri - I never thought she would last seven years on this show for one thing - and I know almost nothing about Broadway outside of a seeing a few shows on vacations and watching the Tonys. 

• Love 5

And with all that luck, I keep seeing Sherri lapping up the fan tweets as if she's some poor divorced mother who lost her job and is really screwed. She needs their "support" and prayers, how laughable. She's "in tears" when fans tell her that her "God given talents" will land her another (highly lucrative) gig soon.

• Love 3

Meryl sings quite a bit: Mamma Mia, Postcards from the Edge, even Silkwood, just off the top of my head. I think Glenn Close did South Pacific. But mostly I'm just chuckling at the irony of these two acting goddesses popping up in a thread about Sherri. :)

• Love 3

LOL, the only name I recognize is Arsenio Hall (and maybe DWTS peeps? Don't really watch that show). I don't know that Sherri belongs on Broadway, but she should be able to find steady sitcom work as a minor player or part of an ensemble. After all, she's not exactly without industry contacts and her appearances on Raymond, Friends and 30 Rock were pretty memorable, if a little one-note. What she definitely should not do is another talk show of any kind. Or marriage. She should swear off marriage indefinitely.

Wasnt Bell Biv Devo a musical group from back in the day??

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me how Sherri fits in with the "Gospel " crowd??

Her over the top mauling of male guests, her hooker wardrobe,her obsession with her breasts/her whole body, her constant talk of wanting to "make love" to celebs, to me this is not the behavior that is associated with those people who spend their lives singing beautiful gospel music and practicing a life devoted to God & Jesus. Am I off base here??

• Love 7

I don't think so dumbdownus (such a great name, especially in this case.)

It completely baffles me.

Especially when Sherri's take on religion is all over the place in addition. Just from her I take it that it seems everyone on stage is putting their careers ahead of everything else. Especially when she leaves Jeffrey home when she is at an amusement park promoting JoyFest when even when one of her best friends performing brings his son to participate.

• Love 5

The thing about either Sherri or Nene taking a singing role on B'way.......even if they can sing.......this is not a one time gig...this is EIGHT shows a week.  That is serious stress on untrained voices.

My bet is they could not do it even with the mikes and auto tune that is modern musical theatre.  It is too much stress on the vocal cords.

One show as a "star" turn sure, not for a weeks long run.

• Love 4

The thing about either Sherri or Nene taking a singing role on B'way.......even if they can sing.......this is not a one time gig...this is EIGHT shows a week.  That is serious stress on untrained voices.

My bet is they could not do it even with the mikes and auto tune that is modern musical theatre.  It is too much stress on the vocal cords.

One show as a "star" turn sure, not for a weeks long run.

But that gives them their "theater cred." So from now on, Sherri can call herself a "Broadway star." (Don't think she won't!) And now is the perfect time for a producer to put her in the show, when she's attracting "buzz" for her View career, even the chatter about her divorce that keeps her in the public eye. 

• Love 1

Something just sits wrong with me regarding putting someone in a wholesome, children's story musical play whose public life is kind of messy right now (another divorce, surrogacy scandal, some manic behavior as a cohost, etc.). Hope once the legal facts and court room stuff is over the facts make her look a little better than she does now.

• Love 3

I just had this thought that is very facetious but that is me, lol. Jesus told Sherri to "love everyone" Sherri sees no difference between love & sex so she dry humps/mauls every man thinking that is "love"

• Love 3

Interesting that folks mentioning Sherri's acting (here on the board)

haven't mentioned her most recent sitcom work.

She was on the last season of How I Met Your Mother. 

I remember Sherri would get the weeks confused as she tried to watch the episodes she was in.

• Love 1

. . . public life is kind of messy right now (another divorce, surrogacy scandal, some manic behavior as a co-host, etc.). Hope once the legal facts and court room stuff is over the facts make her look a little better than she does now.

Sherri's behavior during this period of the separation, divorce, and surrogacy has been very disturbing to me.  The big cheesy smile, strutting with her breasts jutting forward, wiggling her hips, dancing and all the other weird behaviors just don't seem normal.  For someone going through what she is going through, I would expect her to conduct herself with a little more decorum.  To me, her behavior was/is unseemly.  She could demonstrate to her fans that she is strong and capable and be a role model for "single mothers."  She could present herself with dignity rather than her buffonish behavior.  Her behavior makes her look desperate and on the verge of nervous collapse. IMO.

• Love 9

Sherri's behavior during this period of the separation, divorce, and surrogacy has been very disturbing to me.  The big cheesy smile, strutting with her breasts jutting forward, wiggling her hips, dancing and all the other weird behaviors just don't seem normal.  For someone going through what she is going through, I would expect her to conduct herself with a little more decorum.  To me, her behavior was/is unseemly.  She could demonstrate to her fans that she is strong and capable and be a role model for "single mothers."  She could present herself with dignity rather than her buffonish behavior.  Her behavior makes her look desperate and on the verge of nervous collapse. IMO.

Probably because she feels desperate and is on the verge of a nervous collapse. :)

I'm glad she didn't retire to bed with a bottle of hard liquor and a cold compress before this all blew over and good for her that she's not giving Sal the time of day in public either. But it's 2014 and, unless you're working the reality TV circuit, the time for buffoonish chariactures is long past.

• Love 6

Interesting that folks mentioning Sherri's acting (here on the board)

haven't mentioned her most recent sitcom work.

She was on the last season of How I Met Your Mother. 

I remember Sherri would get the weeks confused as she tried to watch the episodes she was in.

Wasn't that great? Such a fan of the show that Sherri is (was)!

• Love 1

The latest from Sal. He is in a contest with himself not to shut up.

Jul 26   

4 days and counting until baby L.J. will be in the building!  Sooooo excited!

• Love 3

The fact that he hasn't made his twitter private, after his comment about wanting privacy regarding the baby and their situation, is interesting. What little crap he posts is definitely meant for public consumption ... Wonder if his lawyer suggest he go private but he refused.

• Love 4

Attending a gay wedding!  How shocking!  Yes, definitely worth judging her character negatively for doing that.

She has publicly stated that homosexuality is a sin-  Why would she go?

• Love 2

She has publicly stated that homosexuality is a sin-  Why would she go?

I thinks Sherri believes in "love the sinner, hate the sin".  But I do wonder why would a gay person want to be friends with Sherri?  If someone disapproved of the way I lived my life and thought I was going to be burn in Hell for eternity because of it I wouldn't want to be in the same room with her let alone invite her to my wedding.

• Love 8