Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I agree. Kyle needs to cut Kim loose. I fear that she will not if the reaction to the latest fiasco is any indication. She will keep trying to "fix" Kim and it is just not going to happen.

She needs to protect her family and her marriage and leave the disaster that is Kim Richards to Kathy. After all she is the "good" sister.

• Love 15

I don't know. It seems to me that the only options you have when dealing with an addict is to either walk away or enable and your explanation seems to say the same. What you are describing is just letting the addict use while hiding your own feelings of hurt, anger, or resentment about it. Which is enabling the behavior and providing no consequence to the addict. I just don't see how any management is going to come into play. An addict's nature is "more more more." So it will continue to escalate rather than maintain until the addict dies. 

Well it's because Kyle doesn't know how to do it in a healthy way which is why I take that position and outline, for Kyle, to distance herself.  Plus how many times are you going to express the same anger hurt and resentment? The message is out. What benefit is it providing now? And I don't mean to minimize the danger of addiction but Johnny Cash lived to 70 and his addiction was a long, continuous battle. I mean we are all dying and some of us are dying to different vices. There has to be a life that's lived somewhere in the mess of an addiction. I've seen addictions taper and managed but not completely go away. It's more common than most people think. All options need to be considered because whatever Kim and those around her are doing it isn't working. I'm not advocating approval but I am advocating a certain amount of acceptance in order to gain clarity and control over the emotions that are usually sent into a tailspin when addiction comes into play.

• Love 5

It seems to me that Kyle has been distancing herself from Kim lately.  She even said so - they don't spend much time together lately and they are better that way.  But Kyle ends up getting pulled back into the vortex when things happen like Kingsley biting her daughter and Kim blaming Alexia for it.  Or when Kim gets arrested.  Or when Kim takes Monty's pain pills and then blames Kyle for...something, thanks a lot, KYLE!  Or when Kyle is sitting at a dinner table and Kim is yelling at other people and then gets mad that Kyle doesn't defend her like the real sister Kathy supposedly would.

• Love 17

If Kyle were Kim's enabler, Kim would be embracing her, not rejecting her. Instead, Kim says, "Kathy would never treat me this way!" I think attention gets focused on Kyle because Kyle and Kim are on the show together.  But the fact that Kim is constantly lashing out at Kyle suggests to me that Kyle confronts and challenges Kim on her addictions, while Kathy -- who Kim keeps holding up as an example of how sisterly love should look -- is far more likely to be the one coddling Kim, away from the cameras.

I agree and would like to say that I think Kyle has given up some of her enabling (maybe when she started going to AlAnon and maybe when Kim went for rehab this past time) so, maybe that is why Kim is not embracing her in the present.  In the past I think Kyle has vacillated so much that their relationship has been a roller coaster.   Enable, let go, enable, let go, ad naseam.

To me, engaging/arguing with Kim when she rages is enabling.  

I always keep in mind a story about letting go:

Two Buddhist monks walking across the countryside come to a small town, the streets were very muddy.  They saw a young maiden standing at an intersection with her brow furrowed.  The elder monk walked up to her and asked the reason for her troubled look.  She told him she could not cross the road without getting her new slippers dirty so he asked and she allowed him to pick up her and carry her across the road.  He put her down then continued on his journey.  

That night, at a hostel, the younger monk came to the elder monk, shook him awake and asked why he touched a woman when it was forbidden to them.  The elder monk said indeed he had touched the young maiden but had put her down whereas the young monk had carried her all day.

• Love 9

I think that from my understanding of their relationship is that Kyle and some of her actions are a trigger for Kim.

The fact that Kim is an addict doesn't give carte blanche for Kyle to be an asshole toward her sister.

In any case,I never bought Kyle goodie two shoes act,

Girl is friend with the morally bankrupt Faye and was an actress in the 80's lol.

Anything and everything are "triggers" for Kim. She is looking for excuses/reasons to get high/drunk, be it something Kyle did or didn't say/do, be it the sun is not high enough in the sky, it is raining, it isn't snowing at her house, that Monty is at her house in pain, that Monty is feeling so good he is in LV without her, any excuse/reason no matter how small is good enough for her. And with addicts, they change up their expatiations/rules for you so that you are never on even ground, giving them even more reasons to use/abuse.

FYI, Faye is also good friends with Kim and Kathy as well. She is a "family" friend.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 21

Anything and everything are "triggers" for Kim. She is looking for excuses/reasons to get high/drunk, be it something Kyle did or didn't say/do, be it the sun is not high enough in the sky, it is raining, it isn't snowing at her house, that Monty is at her house in pain, that Monty is feeling so good he is in LV without her, any excuse/reason no matter how small is good enough for her. And with addicts, they change up their expatiations/rules for you so that you are never on even ground, giving them even more reasons to use/abuse.

FYI, Faye is also good friends with Kim and Kathy as well. She is a "family" friend.

Thanks for explaining what triggers are in that context.

Already now, they are all friends with Faye???

Nothing more needs to be said.

• Love 1

I have really enjoyed all the insightful posts regarding Kylie and Kim. I had a friend in high school whose mother was an abusive alcoholic and she would say that she would use the mail being late a reason to drink  . I can't help but think wonder how much Kyle really can do or really is her responsibility. . What if she lived in Kansas would Kim be screaming how she is not there for her?  She has her own family and it seems  obvious to me that Kim is a despicable human being drunk or sober. She does not have relationships she holds hostages. The behind the scenes was fun seeing the women having laughs without Kim.

The Kim and Lisa meeting was absurd. No matter what Lisa said Kim said we are not going back that far, well she needs to realize people are wanting her to take responsibility for her past and present. What is the step in AA where you apologize? Well she needs a meeting, a therapist or just a long hard look in the mirror but I have a feeling that she will never be sober.

• Love 13

It seems to me that Kyle has been distancing herself from Kim lately.  She even said so - they don't spend much time together lately and they are better that way.  But Kyle ends up getting pulled back into the vortex when things happen like Kingsley biting her daughter and Kim blaming Alexia for it.  Or when Kim gets arrested.  Or when Kim takes Monty's pain pills and then blames Kyle for...something, thanks a lot, KYLE!  Or when Kyle is sitting at a dinner table and Kim is yelling at other people and then gets mad that Kyle doesn't defend her like the real sister Kathy supposedly would.

That's the point. My sister spent time in jail. That didn't drag me back in. I'm always "in" but I didn't always have to be held hostage not matter how dire a pickle my sister put herself in.

• Love 5

IThe Kim and Lisa meeting was absurd. No matter what Lisa said Kim said we are not going back that far, well she needs to realize people are wanting her to take responsibility for her past and present. What is the step in AA where you apologize? Well she needs a meeting, a therapist or just a long hard look in the mirror but I have a feeling that she will never be sober.

Yes it was (absurd).  Kim was determined to control that conversation, and it was hysterical in a horrible kind of way to watch her tell Lisa R that the conversation would not be going in the direction Lisa was going; then when Lisa R backs off, Kim takes the conversation to the same place Lisa R wanted to go.  Makes my control freak boss look like a rank amateur.  Also, the casual hop over the Jersey barrier was just bizarre.  Like, "I've said my piece, now I'm going to wander into traffic" or something.  The scene looked a little surreal to me (and probably to LIsa R, left sitting on a bench, calling into the distance at the retreating Kim).

Edited by harrie
  • Love 11

Thanks for explaining what triggers are in that context.

Already now, they are all friends with Faye???

Nothing more needs to be said.

What exactly has Faye Resnick done in the last 15 years that is so upsetting?  Camille has asked repeatedly people not refer to Faye as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" as the two are friends now.  To date on the show Faye's observations and predictions about the show have been true.

• Love 9

What exactly has Faye Resnick done in the last 15 years that is so upsetting?  Camille has asked repeatedly people not refer to Faye as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" as the two are friends now.  To date on the show Faye's observations and predictions about the show have been true.

But...that's one of the best phrases to come out of this show! I'm sure Faye is no more vile than any other reality tv celebrity, but that episode is such a classic. It's up there with Scary Island. 

Even reading all these very well thought out, sensitive posts about Kim is exhausting. There's nothing entertaining about her anymore, I truly hope she's gone from this show. 

• Love 9

That's the point. My sister spent time in jail. That didn't drag me back in. I'm always "in" but I didn't always have to be held hostage not matter how dire a pickle my sister put herself in.

What about all the other stuff?  Blaming Alexia for biting Kngsley?  Blaming Kyle for being at a party after Kim took Monty's pill?  Blaming Kyle for not being a real sister like Kathy when Kyle wasn't involved in Kim's choice to scream at LisaR and Eileen?   It's hard to ignore a bear that's growling at you and pointing their pointy finger in your face.

• Love 6

What about all the other stuff?  Blaming Alexia for biting Kngsley?  Blaming Kyle for being at a party after Kim took Monty's pill?  Blaming Kyle for not being a real sister like Kathy when Kyle wasn't involved in Kim's choice to scream at LisaR and Eileen?   It's hard to ignore a bear that's growling at you and pointing their pointy finger in your face.

What about it? So the best course of action is to engage in the tantrums? Place yourself in the eye of the storm and then get mad when fierce winds messes up your hair? Kim can't force Kyle to be a part of anything she doesn't have to be a part of. Same way Kyle isn't in control of how many drinks Kim wants to guzzle. It's a given that Kim acts out, inappropriately, and apparently now, as the owner of the devil dog hound from hell, is a menace to society. Yeah, my sister had some not so nice things to say about me. Throw shade when we were around others, etc. etc. I checked her a few times, let her know what's what and kept it moving. Didn't get too deep, let her have her stank face and again kept it moving.  Whatever, not worried about the superficial anger. I know it sounds rather simplistic but what the hell is the alternative? For Kyle to keep that particular cycle going? The crying, the "torture" the angst and burden that is the life of the sister of an addict. I mean I got bored with that title, that character right quick and redefined my role. Hell I wrote a new story and cast myself as the lead with my sister and mother making limited appearances until things got more under control. It's about working with what is and not what you want it to be. Once you let go of those limiting thoughts and tackle the situation for what it really is then more options automatically open up. I'm just hoping Kyle finds that path instead of reprising her role as the captive maiden in need of rescue in Kim's horror story. She needs to cancel the syndication of that show. For real.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 6

I think both of these women have a tendency to see themselves as victims. It wasn't until I fully shed the idea that I was a victim in anyway whatsoever that I was able to have control over my emotions. The simple phrase, "How did I contribute to this situation?" is enough to snap me back to looking at my own responsibility. I think both women tend to assign blame, and I think when you are being blamed, it's really hard not to be defensive. They are in a personal cycle that may just keep cycling around. I hope not.

Yeah. I've noticed a similar tendency even in the way they talk. Life is a series of events that happened TO THEM. There is a serious "I was just standing here minding my own business when a bus hit me" way of viewing history. Neither of them, IMO, has a habit of expressing much agency or even view themselves as a minor player in an event. It's always about them and always out of their control. I really do find them exhausting. I'd be so happy if they were both gone, but I'll take just Kim being cut since Kyle is at least functional. Whiny, immature, a bully, but able to get through a dinner without starting a brawl.

• Love 6

Please, I am old enough to remember the Simpson trial.

My observations have nothing to do with this show, whatsoever, anyways....

What about it? So the best course of action is to engage in the tantrums? Place yourself in the eye of the storm and then get mad when fierce winds messes up your hair? Kim can't force Kyle to be a part of anything she doesn't have to be a part of. Same way Kyle isn't in control of how many drinks Kim wants to guzzle. It's a given that Kim acts out, inappropriately, and apparently now, as the owner of the devil dog hound from hell, is a menace to society. Yeah, my sister had some not so nice things to say about me. Throw shade when we were around others, etc. etc. I checked her a few times, let her know what's what and kept it moving. Didn't get too deep, let her have her stank face and again kept it moving.  Whatever, not worried about the superficial anger. I know it sounds rather simplistic but what the hell is the alternative? For Kyle to keep that particular cycle going? The crying, the "torture" the angst and burden that is the life of the sister of an addict. I mean I got bored with that title, that character right quick and redefined my role. Hell I wrote a new story and cast myself as the lead with my sister and mother making limited appearances until things got more under control. It's about working with what is and not what you want it to be. Once you let go of those limiting thoughts and tackle the situation for what it really is then more options automatically open up. I'm just hoping Kyle finds that path instead of reprising her role as the captive maiden in need of rescue in Kim's horror story. She needs to cancel the syndication of that show. For real.

What else would she do then?

• Love 5

I remember the Simpson trial too and the thing I find most disgusting about Faye Resnick is how she sold her so-called best friend Nicole out to write a book. 

Maybe she was in rehab or something but I don't remember Faye taking the witness stand at the trial to state the Simpson abused Nicole.  If she didn't, she was yet another enabler and follower who wanted to stay on his good side, for whatever reason, so he didn't get convicted of murder.

• Love 8

I agree. Kyle needs to cut Kim loose. I fear that she will not if the reaction to the latest fiasco is any indication. She will keep trying to "fix" Kim and it is just not going to happen.

She needs to protect her family and her marriage and leave the disaster that is Kim Richards to Kathy. After all she is the "good" sister.

Kyle is maxed out. Seems like Kathy is now pulling the strings. And I doubt Kathy will let Kim hit rock bottom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3049661/F-Crazed-Kim-Richards-bolts-Dr-Phil-interview-offers-help-three-kids-chase-begging-reality-star-mom-rehab-drinking-problem-PILLS-POT.html

• Love 2

Because Kathy has done so well with her own kids?

This is proof that no matter how much you love someone, you cannot change them.  The only person you can change is yourself. 

Kim needs to make the decision to change Kim - - no one else.   And so far, it seems that she can't even admit her problems.

• Love 13

Yep. They won't let her to wake the hell up and stop allowing her to make the rules so of course they will continue to be in this pitiful, pathetic and endless war with a substance abuser.

I knew pills were her best friend and not just alcohol.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

Well, apparently she wasn't as polished and ready for this interview as I thought she would try to be. Why would she even agree to this? Has she never watched that old witch Dr. Phil before? They may as well quit trying to force her. Ought to be interesting to watch, in a train wreck kind of way.

She shouldn't be driving.

• Love 6

Please, I am old enough to remember the Simpson trial.

My observations have nothing to do with this show, whatsoever, anyways....

What else would she do then?

Faye was a witness for the prosecution.  It is a fact often forgotten and she was very firm about OJ's guilt.  I don't have a problem with people who keep company with folks who wanted to see  OJ go to prison for the death of Nicole and Ron.

• Love 6

Let's not forget the reason why she was not called to testify.

That book she wrote about her dear friend Nicole even though the prosecution told her not to.

And then the Playboy spread...

Enough is enough.

With friends like Faye who needs enemies?

Sorry but not sorry.

• Love 4

I feel so very very sorry for her kids. I hope they don't receive Kim's wrath for " talking about what you don't want everyone to know". I'm sure I'm not the only one giving the side eye to this Dr and life coach.

How much fun would it be if she threatened to out one of Dr. Phil's secrets? "I'll tell and you won't like it!"

• Love 14

They may as well quit trying to force her.

Exactly!

The trouble is that there are many addicts who do, and will always, interpret the 'acceptance' as 'approval'.

But I would say, from what I've seen that that can't be helped in this case. So what else can be done but try to put it in a perspective that won't have Kyle digging her own grave of a lifetime of turmoil while Kim digs hers? Slippery slope is right which is why I feel if you don't have the stomach, stamina, patience or peace to be submerged in it. Get out. Save yourself. Give a loving wave as you go and be open to receive them back when the coast is clear no matter how long it takes. Whatever distance works for Kyle then she should do it. Me I was able to adjust situation by situation all the while making it clear that my love was still there. I got flak for it, I didn't go unscathed but it needed to be done and my reinforcements of love while at a distance keep up the maintenance of our family bond through good bad and ugly times.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3

She [Kim] does not have relationships, she holds hostages.

I do NOT think Kim is a nasty, self absorbed, narcissistic piece of work BECAUSE she is an addict. I believe she is a nasty, self absorbed, narcissistic piece of work who also happens to be an addict. If she was completely, truly, clean and sober, I think she would still be a nasty, self absorbed, narcissistic piece of work.

I co-sign both of the above observations.

• Love 5

See that's the tricky part. Whatever support they are choosing to give is up to them. At this point those in her life know what sticking with her entails. They will impose their own line in the sand and if some lines go further than others what can you do? Sometimes it has to be accepted that it is what it is and if you can't be around it then don't but if your fear for the worst can't keep you away then you have to compartmentalize and do your best. But if screaming, shouting, anger, resentment, crying, fighting is all that's happening.. How is that better? What different outcome does anyone expect for Kim Richards. I'm thinking she's never going to be 100% sober and once people realize this then maybe some semblance of management may finally come into play.

All this talk about tough love and intervention style absolutes rarely work. It creates battle lines and people ( addicts) dig their heels in. Now, should Kyle be bailing Kim out? NO! No money no helping her with the results of her addiction but, a little unconditional love and small acts of kindness go a long way. If I were Kyle, I would say to Kim, I will not discuss your personal struggles with others, I will always love you even if you use. It is up to you to chose your path. I know the goodness in you. I will no longer fight you in attempts to make you who I wish you to be. However, I will not in any way help you harm yourself. with financial support, or will I support dangerous behavior  but, I will never stop loving you.

Let me answer in terms of my own earlier point about younger siblings. I believe, generally, a younger sibling is unlikely to make a significant contribution to someone's becoming an alcoholic/addict. In very broad terms, addiction to a substance is an unhealthy defense mechanism. I do agree that once an individual has become addicted a young sibling can very well contribute to the pain and stress that causes the person to self defend/medicate. IMHO

Kyle has nothing to do with Kim's addiction or mental illness but she needs to learn to let go of trying to change Kim. Kim escalated in Amsterdam when Kyle called her out. and the way she acted on the plane also said to Kim......you are an embarrassment to me. She should have just stayed out of it instead of acting all horrified when I suspect it was Kyle and Brandi who told Kim Lisa Rinna was talking about her behind her back.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7

If I were Kyle, I would say to Kim, I will not discuss your personal struggles with others, I will always love you even if you use. It is up to you to chose your path. I know the goodness in you. I will no longer fight you in attempts to make you who I wish you to be. However, I will not in any way help you harm yourself. with financial support, or will I support dangerous behavior  but, I will never stop loving you.

Wow. I guess I don't blame Kyle for her reactions to Kim, because I know I could never do this. I could never watch someone I love slowly (or in some cases quickly) kill themselves or ruin their life.  And while I understand walking away is an option for Kyle, I also know if I walked away from someone I loved in that situation I'd be tortured by it.  I think Kyle would be too, at least in part because of how she was raised. 

It's so easy for me to say Kyle should walk away, but when I think of my own siblings, I wouldn't be able to do what you're suggesting, or walk away. So I feel very badly for Kyle, because if I were in her situation, I'd be a mess. 

• Love 4

Wow. I guess I don't blame Kyle for her reactions to Kim, because I know I could never do this. I could never watch someone I love slowly (or in some cases quickly) kill themselves or ruin their life.  And while I understand walking away is an option for Kyle, I also know if I walked away from someone I loved in that situation I'd be tortured by it.  I think Kyle would be too, at least in part because of how she was raised. 

It's so easy for me to say Kyle should walk away, but when I think of my own siblings, I wouldn't be able to do what you're suggesting, or walk away. So I feel very badly for Kyle, because if I were in her situation, I'd be a mess. 

I'm not saying it is easy but, you can't change people.

• Love 1

That book she wrote about her dear friend Nicole even though the prosecution told her not to.

Enough is enough.

Sorry but not sorry.

First off the OJ Simpson not guilty verdict was in October 3, 1995, the Playboy spread was in March of 1997.  So her doing Playboy had nothing to do with the trial. I find it kind of hypocritical that almost every member of the unsuccessful prosecution team wrote a book about the trial and collectively made millions. 

I am only pointing this out because years later there has been a rather different history passed down than what occurred.  Basically, she wrote a  book and the trial was delayed a day.  She revealed a relationship with running back Marcus Allen that would have given the prosecution motive for  Simpson.  Resnick had no control over what the defense would do.  Here is an interview:    http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-09/news/mn-11195_1_nicole-simpson

Being an addict does have its downside when it comes to credibility.  That is why she wasn't called by the prosecution. 

• Love 6

if you don't have the stomach, stamina, patience or peace to be submerged in it. Get out. Save yourself. Give a loving wave as you go and be open to receive them back when the coast is clear

It was NEVER a question of having the 'stamina, patience, or peace' in an effort to save myself. It was the painful process of making a choice between continuing to allow myself to be sacrificed/destroyed and sucked into the vortex of someone (whom I deeply loved at the time and continued to love for SEVERAL years thereafter)  who simply DID NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN HIMSELF AND HIS 'PLEASURES',  (AND, who to this day, more than 30 years later operates in EXACTLY the same manner - so much for 'when the coast is clear'); or cut my losses and try to start over for the sake of my own sanity, self and soul. I chose to live, to rebuild my life free of relentless manipulation and constant pressure to both 'accept' and participate (to make him happy, dontcha know). That does NOT mean it was easy, or that I DID NOT CARE EVEN AS I CUT MYSELF FREE. It simply means that I recognized the realities of his choices versus my desire to have a life free of the drug induced miasma he chose to impose upon our life together...I do, after all, have the right to choose for myself. And it most assuredly means I never have and never will apologize nor feel the slightest bit guilty for the choice I made to cut MYSELF free.

• Love 13

First off the OJ Simpson not guilty verdict was in October 3, 1995, the Playboy spread was in March of 1997.  So her doing Playboy had nothing to do with the trial. I find it kind of hypocritical that almost every member of the unsuccessful prosecution team wrote a book about the trial and collectively made millions. 

I am only pointing this out because years later there has been a rather different history passed down than what occurred.  Basically, she wrote a  book and the trial was delayed a day.  She revealed a relationship with running back Marcus Allen that would have given the prosecution motive for  Simpson.  Resnick had no control over what the defense would do.  Here is an interview:    http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-09/news/mn-11195_1_nicole-simpson

Being an addict does have its downside when it comes to credibility.  That is why she wasn't called by the prosecution.

She was on all news Chanels talking non stop.

Sorry, but she exploited her friend. Even if she was not alone, she still did it and for that reason I can never stomach that individual.

Are you in her circle?

• Love 3

All this talk about tough love and intervention style absolutes rarely work. It creates battle lines and people ( addicts) dig their heels in. Now, should Kyle be bailing Kim out? NO! No money no helping her with the results of her addiction but, a little unconditional love and small acts of kindness go a long way. If I were Kyle, I would say to Kim, I will not discuss your personal struggles with others, I will always love you even if you use. It is up to you to chose your path. I know the goodness in you. I will no longer fight you in attempts to make you who I wish you to be. However, I will not in any way help you harm yourself. with financial support, or will I support dangerous behavior  but, I will never stop loving you.

Kyle has nothing to do with Kim's addiction or mental illness but she needs to learn to let go of trying to change Kim. Kim escalated in Amsterdam when Kyle called her out. and the way she acted on the plane also said to Kim......you are an embarrassment to me. She should have just stayed out of it instead of acting all horrified when I suspect it was Kyle and Brandi who told Kim Lisa Rinna was talking about her behind her back.

Kyle had nothing to do with telling Kim Lisa was talking behind her back.  As Lisa said, "Kim we asked you."  They weren't speaking after Poker Night.  They showed it was Brandi distorting what Lisa had said and left herself out of the conversation.  I personally think that part of the issue is Kyle just chooses to believe Kim if she says she is not using in spite of evidence to the contrary.  I guess the worst that can happen with that method of dealing with this is when Kim and if Kim becomes sober she can tell Kyle she is stupid.

It is interesting you bring up the reaction of Kyle on the plane.  Season 1 when Kyle raised her voice to Camille in the restaurant, Kim did the exact same thing, covered her face.  She would not stand up for her sister to Camille's inaccurate depiction of what was said.  Tit for tat.    

• Love 6

She was on all news Chanels talking non stop.

Sorry, but she exploited her friend. Even if she was not alone, she still did it and for that reason I can never stomach that individual.

Are you in her circle?

I have never met her nor do I have any desire to do so.  I just think when someone totally misrepresents facts that the misrepresentations should be corrected.  Camille was out of line as a hostess the way she treated a guest.  Proof positive there are some things you can never fix once you say them. 

I think after 15-20 years it is pretty much time to move on.  Essentially she told the truth it had no bearing on the outcome of the case and folks were able to get to know the victim.  There is nothing Nicole did to warrant the horrible attack on her but she was not a perfect person either.

• Love 11

Enough is enough.

Sorry but not sorry.

She was a cocaine addict who owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to her drug suppliers.  They were probably not going to wait for her home decorator career to take off for their payment.  I believe this became public after her stint in rehab, hopefully when she was making amends to those that she had hurt.  I don't know that as a fact; I don't care enough about Faye Resnick to find out.  She was an addict; have some compassion!

She is closer in age to Kathy and has been her good friend for many, many years.  I think she is a family friend to all the girls.

But I think "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" will forever be enshrined in Housewife lore right up there with "kadooz", "ingrediences", "slut pig", etc...  It's one of the reasons that we love them so.

Edited by rehoboth
  • Love 6

I have never met her nor do I have any desire to do so.  I just think when someone totally misrepresents facts that the misrepresentations should be corrected.  Camille was out of line as a hostess the way she treated a guest.  Proof positive there are some things you can never fix once you say them. 

I think after 15-20 years it is pretty much time to move on.  Essentially she told the truth it had no bearing on the outcome of the case and folks were able to get to know the victim.  There is nothing Nicole did to warrant the horrible attack on her but she was not a perfect person either.

I think that my opinion differs to yours but for the sake of the thread I will agree to disagree.

I can understand how you feel. I was once there. Many others here have been in that situation. When dealing with one particular addict, I finally had to let go. I was tired in more ways than one. The amount of money I threw at this person to help them, could have been put to better use. The tears I shed didn't mean shit to them. When that person finally died from their addiction, I cried to my therapist that if I had just tried a little longer, maybe they could have been saved. That therapist helped me to understand the death of this addict was out of my hands. Their death was due to their choices, not mine. By walking away and cutting them out of my life, I helped myself because if I hadn't, my life would have been miserable and filled with so much turmoil.

All this talk about tough love and intervention style absolutes rarely work. It creates battle lines and people ( addicts) dig their heels in.

The point about tough love and laying out the boundaries that are sometimes seen on "Intervention" are usually reserved for those who have been given chance after chance after chance. I wouldn't use this method the first time around with an addict, but after years of the same behavior, it is time for a different approach and time for the family to take a tough stance. As for it rarely working, not true. Many of the people I see in the recovery home where I volunteer, have mentioned how they made changes in their lives only after their friends and family finally put an end to their enabling. Part of that included being cut off from family, being kicked to the curb, spouses filing for divorce, kids refusing to have anything to do with them, losing their jobs, no longer having any financial hand-outs and other actions that led the addict to know they were no longer going to be enabled.

Now, should Kyle be bailing Kim out? NO! No money no helping her with the results of her addiction but, a little unconditional love and small acts of kindness go a long way. If I were Kyle, I would say to Kim, I will not discuss your personal struggles with others, I will always love you even if you use. It is up to you to chose your path. I know the goodness in you. I will no longer fight you in attempts to make you who I wish you to be. However, I will not in any way help you harm yourself. with financial support, or will I support dangerous behavior  but, I will never stop loving you.

I can agree with this. I can see Kyle not necessarily removing Kim from her life, but she can lay out major boundaries to Kim. If Kim in turn takes that as a form of rejection and doesn't want to have to deal with Kyle at all, then so be it. That is on Kim, but it would be her choice and one that she would have to live with. Kyle would just need to be prepared in the event that should happen.

• Love 7

Kyle had nothing to do with telling Kim Lisa was talking behind her back.  As Lisa said, "Kim we asked you."  They weren't speaking after Poker Night.  They showed it was Brandi distorting what Lisa had said and left herself out of the conversation.  I personally think that part of the issue is Kyle just chooses to believe Kim if she says she is not using in spite of evidence to the contrary.  I guess the worst that can happen with that method of dealing with this is when Kim and if Kim becomes sober she can tell Kyle she is stupid.

It is interesting you bring up the reaction of Kyle on the plane.  Season 1 when Kyle raised her voice to Camille in the restaurant, Kim did the exact same thing, covered her face.  She would not stand up for her sister to Camille's inaccurate depiction of what was said.  Tit for tat.    

I disagree because Kyle told Kim she should talk to Lisa R about it and ask her stop diplomatically.

• Love 1

She is closer in age to Kathy and has been her good friend for many, many years.  I think she is a family friend to all the Hilton girls.

Kathy married into the Hilton family, Kim and Kyle are Richards (maiden name) It was Kathy that introduced her, FR, to her sisters and they are all close to her.

• Love 4

Kathy married into the Hilton family, Kim and Kyle are Richards (maiden name) It was Kathy that introduced her, FR, to her sisters and they are all close to her.

LOL WireWrap. 

I am laughing at how many times you have had to point out Kathy married a Hilton, not that she was born a Hilton.

• Love 5

LOL WireWrap. 

I am laughing at how many times you have had to point out Kathy married a Hilton, not that she was born a Hilton.

I know! That and some still think Kim/Kyle are Hiltons! I mean, I realize that that family is "messed up" but not to that degree! LOL

• Love 7

Two sides of the same coin, those two.

• Love 3