Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I hope KIm writes a blog after she's been clean for a couple days.  I would be interested to hear from her and apparently she has a contractual obligation to write for Bravo so I hope she's woman enough to do it.

I actually don't care if Kim writes a blog.  I have no interest in hearing anything she has to say.  I hope she's off the show and I never have to see or think about her nasty ass again.

What do you think Kim might say in a blog that would be believable?  I think it would continue to be full of self-delusion and throwing blame on everyone but herself, so I just don't see the point.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 17

I think the "compassion" that Kim wants is for everyone to "NOT TALK ABOUT ME OR MY DOG or my three years of hard work on my sobriety  or the one (cough, cough) pill I took or my erratic behavior and now, my drinking and arrest".  

Only send her  140 character Tweets expressing rainbows, unicorns and turtles.

That, to me, is about the only "compassion" and help she wants.  

Candy Finnigan, where are you!!

• Love 15

Except for poker night where she acknowledged she took a pill,  I thought Kim was coherent and sober this season.  I saw no evidence of drinking on her part so I don't get why this arrest is an "outing of her non-sobriety".  It's a fall off the wagon like the pain pill was. 

I hope KIm writes a blog after she's been clean for a couple days.  I would be interested to hear from her and apparently she has a contractual obligation to write for Bravo so I hope she's woman enough to do it.

It's called editing and maybe Kyle telling the production/Bravo don't show too much.  We don't know if she was drinking most of the season or not.  She could have for all we know.  I'm not buying her one pill jive.  If it was just one pill it was followed by a series of alcohol beverages. 

As for the blog, look it's the end.  Let's deal with the fact she only wrote 3-5 blogs this season.   The last blog she wrote was total nonsense and didn't pass the smell test.  She couldn't even lie straight.  Kim knew it too which was why she stopped posting.

• Love 4

I think LVP knows exactly how she became the focus, thanks to one Ms. Glanville whose true BFFs are the tabloids.  lol    

Brandi really needs to learn how not to be so obvious with this shit.  

I have a feeling that Brandi's ghost blog writer was the source.  

• Love 2

Being a narcissist complicates things because they live as false, made-up personas - so when the ridiculousness of that false persona is exposed there is only an atrophied real self to turn to - for some, that true self may no longer be accessible.

Spot on, nexxie. My mom is exactly like this.  When confronted, it causes tremendous amounts of rage in her, mainly because she can't accept or understand why people won't continue to give her that emotional fix she needs--in her case, what she thinks she deserves.  My mom doesn't have empathy or emotion or anything, really.  She gets a lot of pleasure out of hurting people, to their faces, over and over.  It's sad, but I can't allow it in my life or think I'm responsible for that.  Certainly made for some painful/interesting years in therapy for me!  :)  What can you do?   I have a great husband now and super stepkids who love me, which is so crazy, and never in a million years anything I ever thought I'd get in life.  I feel incredibly lucky and blessed.  

My mom will never even feel love. She doesn't know how.  Sad for her.

• Love 16

I think LVP knows exactly how she became the focus, thanks to one Ms. Glanville whose true BFFs are the tabloids.  lol    

Brandi really needs to learn how not to be so obvious with this shit.  

Brandi is using the tabloids again to shift the focus of blame to someone else.  Amazing.  ;)

Yeah, seriously.

I hate to just assume it was Brandi, but I can't think of any other "inside source" who might have talked to Kim since the arrest would somehow spin this to blaming LVP.  

And Brandi has freely stated she reads and h as contacts at all of these tabloids so it's definitely not an unfounded suspicion, that's for sure.

• Love 6

The TMZ thing is such BS.  And I agree with everyone that it sounds just like the kind of things Brandi would say.  I can see them calling her for a comment, and she unloaded all this crap.   Some facts don't add up.  Kim's son Chad was in Malibu this week, posted pics on IG everyday, so when was he in the hospital this week?? Brooke must be really upset, she was in Dubai until Monday, and on Thurs at 10pm, she was selling some of her clothes on Twitter.    To blame LVP is so Brandi and so laughable.  And, to say she had to watch the reunion to write a blog - OMG seriously?  

Before going to bed last night I was reading various tweets about Kim.  So many "we r praying for you and your family", offering support.  It was the type of thing people say when somebody dies!  This woman did not die, was not in a horrific accident, did not have a tragic incident in her family - SHE DRANK!!!  Yes, she went to an upscale, well-known, BAR!!  She was arrested!!!  She was not beaten by police, mistreated, she had to stay in the drunk tank!     She humiliated herself!   She chose to go to a bar, alone and drink to excess and make an ass out of herself.     For her, or ANYBODY, in her camp, to blame anybody, or anything for her current situation is laughable.   

Let's just go with the idea that it wasn't the stress of watching the reunion, but the backlash she received by people who watched her on the reunion, that caused her to drink.   This points out even more strongly that she should not be on a reality show or in the public eye at all!!  In the age of social media, you put yourself out there, you have to own it.     Don't go on camera and proclaim how superior you are, then when you fall, don't understand why people find fault.  If her mental health is so fragile, don't put yourself in a position that would compromise it.  

• Love 22

I think the "compassion" that Kim wants is for everyone to "NOT TALK ABOUT ME OR MY DOG or my three years of hard work on my sobriety  or the one (cough, cough) pill I took or my erratic behavior and now, my drinking and arrest".  

Exactly.  Kim does not want compassion, pity, sympathy, or to hear "I'm sorry" from anyone.  She wants no acknowledgement of her non-struggle at all.  Any acknowledgement forms cracks in the shaky and fragile mask that she wears, even the congratulatory kind, because she knows deep down she's full of shit.  And you know, I get it, I totally do.  I once had an experience that I still find unnerving because it really shook my foundation and made me realize how not-recovered I really was for it to have affected me the way that it did.  Eating disorders and substance abuse is not all that different from one another and I can relate to a lot of these mind-traps.  What I can't relate to is her hateful, hurtful treatment of others and complete lack of self-awareness.  I don't get that, at all.

eta:  And, how long, exactly, is a PTV day?!  LOL   I want my like button back!  

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 13

Except for poker night where she acknowledged she took a pill, I thought Kim was coherent and sober this season. I saw no evidence of drinking on her part so I don't get why this arrest is an "outing of her non-sobriety". It's a fall off the wagon like the pain pill was.

I hope KIm writes a blog after she's been clean for a couple days. I would be interested to hear from her and apparently she has a contractual obligation to write for Bravo so I hope she's woman enough to do it.

Not even going to mention "sober all season." But in the metaphor you cite, the "wagon" is sobriety and a "fall" is non-sobriety. It's not a diet, where cake means fewer calories tomorrow.

How many "falls" make non-sobriety? One.

• Love 11

I need my like button back!  I never ran out before!  

It's madness!!!

:D

Madness, I tell you!

I even logged out, deleted my cookies, logged back in, and nothing.  I deleted my cookies for you, PTV!  No more cookies.  : - (

eta:  Cherish those Likes, What Fresh Hell, for you never know when they will be taken from you.  Use them wisely!

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

Spot on, nexxie. My mom is exactly like this.  When confronted, it causes tremendous amounts of rage in her, mainly because she can't accept or understand why people won't continue to give her that emotional fix she needs--in her case, what she thinks she deserves.  My mom doesn't have empathy or emotion or anything, really.  She gets a lot of pleasure out of hurting people, to their faces, over and over.  It's sad, but I can't allow it in my life or think I'm responsible for that.  Certainly made for some painful/interesting years in therapy for me!  :)  What can you do?   I have a great husband now and super stepkids who love me, which is so crazy, and never in a million years anything I ever thought I'd get in life.  I feel incredibly lucky and blessed.  

It really is sad, and I'm sorry you had to go through it haydensterling. My mother is what I call a "nice narcissist" - her persona was so creatively constructed that very few people ever suspect. But even when horrible things have happened to her (like a death in the family), I don't think she has ever been able to access the spirit she must have once been. Instead, she doubles down on the performance or walks around like a zombie, as if there is nobody inside - because there is nobody inside that she can still reach.

You are so right to protect yourself - for decades I allowed my own empathy for my mother (the vibrant infant I imagined) to override my need to protect myself. The question I can't help asking these days: What comes first, the empath or the narcissistic mother?

• Love 4

The TMZ thing is such BS.  And I agree with everyone that it sounds just like the kind of things Brandi would say.  I can see them calling her for a comment, and she unloaded all this crap.   Some facts don't add up.  Kim's son Chad was in Malibu this week, posted pics on IG everyday, so when was he in the hospital this week?? Brooke must be really upset, she was in Dubai until Monday, and on Thurs at 10pm, she was selling some of her clothes on Twitter.    To blame LVP is so Brandi and so laughable.  And, to say she had to watch the reunion to write a blog - OMG seriously?  

Before going to bed last night I was reading various tweets about Kim.  So many "we r praying for you and your family", offering support.  It was the type of thing people say when somebody dies!  This woman did not die, was not in a horrific accident, did not have a tragic incident in her family - SHE DRANK!!!  Yes, she went to an upscale, well-known, BAR!!  She was arrested!!!  She was not beaten by police, mistreated, she had to stay in the drunk tank!     She humiliated herself!   She chose to go to a bar, alone and drink to excess and make an ass out of herself.     For her, or ANYBODY, in her camp, to blame anybody, or anything for her current situation is laughable.   

Let's just go with the idea that it wasn't the stress of watching the reunion, but the backlash she received by people who watched her on the reunion, that caused her to drink.   This points out even more strongly that she should not be on a reality show or in the public eye at all!!  In the age of social media, you put yourself out there, you have to own it.     Don't go on camera and proclaim how superior you are, then when you fall, don't understand why people find fault.  If her mental health is so fragile, don't put yourself in a position that would compromise it.  

Jennifer-Aniston-Meryl-Streep-applauded-

• Love 1

Of course it is possible that Kim began drinking after the reunion filming, and had no break in her sobriety before that time. However, the reason I suspect that is not the case is Kim's behavior when not intoxicated. My experience is that many abusers when they are not intoxicated become very mean and irritable because they want to use but are holding themselves back.

The other reason for my suspicions is her hyper defensiveness. She erected it like a wall around her to protect herself from scrutiny and maybe also to protect her addict mind from her rational mind. It's not unusual for an addict to have a few slips and yet maintain they are sober because they are lying to themselves. Let me use the example of a nicotine addict. "Just a cig at a party. I didn't smoke the next day." "Oh, see! I can have w cigarette now and again, but I'm not back to smoking." And then the spiral begins. I use nicotine because that's not condemned as much as other drugs although it's a powerfully physically addicting substance.

So, it begins with self lying and progresses to lying to others so you can continue lying to yourself. As others have pointed out her retort to Andy that she did not struggle with sobriety was a little sad to me. Most recovering alcoholics -- and receiving from alcohol is HARD -- will freely admit that there is an ongoing struggle, but over the years, they have learned how to manage the struggle by doing X, Y, or Z. To say there is NO struggle kind of means to me that the person isn't dealing with the issue.

Again, for those interested in the mind of an addict, I recommend Night of the Gun by a New York Times writer who sadly recently died. It's eloquently written and unflinching about his very serious addictions and the lies he told himself and believed.

• Love 6

TMZ reported that it is listed as a misdemeanor.  WTH?  You know that ain't right.  If she wasn't a nice old white lady there is no way that kicking a police officer ends up as a misdemeanor BEFORE a plea deal.

Whoa! That's insane.

I believe if the officer doesn't need medical attention, then it is a misdemeanor in CA.  If med assistance is needed, then it becomes a felony.

At the end of her blog, she has a youtube video for Make a Wish where she holds up a flyer with the donation information and the writing is all backwards.

It's the hair.  She hypnotizes Kim with it.  

<whips hair>  "Join me on RHoBH, Kim."

<whips hair>  "You don't need to go to rehab."

<whips hair> "Look at the hair, Kim, look at the hair."

Now this should be part of a SNL skit!  Thanks for the very welcomed comic relief!

• Love 3

Me three.  I don't even remember her telling me she loved me until I said it first.  When I was in my 30's and desperately trying to fix her. Then she said it like a puppet when she was attempting to manipulate me or others into thinking she was a terrific mom.  Um, no.

Her image was so buffed and polished her whole life.  She coasted on achievements she couldn't really claim and got a lot of public attention for them.  Infuriatingly, at least to me, people continued to admire her "spunky" insistence on wearing suits and heels and terribly applied makeup in her eighties, often flattering her shamelessly.  

When she got Alzheimer's in the end, she couldn't keep up the facade and finally died alone, in diapers, in a wheelchair.  She never had any real friends, only multiple acquaintances.  She alienated everyone who ever cared for her and got past the acquaintance stage.

I can't help but think Kim is on this same path.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 8

I am now wholeheartedly convinced Kim is confused when she expresses her love of "turtles."

I think what she means to say is "I love Turtle Time."

• Love 9

DP

Me three.  I don't even remember her telling me she loved me until I said it first.  When I was in my 30's and desperately trying to fix her. Then she said it like a puppet when she was attempting to manipulate me or others into thinking she was a terrific mom.  Um, no.

Her image was so buffed and polished her whole life.  She coasted on achievements she couldn't really claim and got a lot of public attention for them.  Infuriatingly, at least to me, people continued to admire her "spunky" insistence on wearing suits and heels and terribly applied makeup in her eighties, often flattering her shamelessly.  

When she got Alzheimer's in the end, she couldn't keep up the facade and finally died alone, in diapers, in a wheelchair.  She never had any real friends, only multiple acquaintances.  She alienated everyone who ever cared for her and got past the acquaintance stage.

I can't help but think Kim is on this same path.

Were we separated at birth?

Count me in the Mom's Club.

It took me the better part of 40 years of failure in my mother's eyes to realize I wasn't the problem, it was my mother who had the problem.

She was exactly as you have described your mother.

Kudos to those of us who survived mothers like ours and those who have siblings like Kim.

We're tough cookies to somehow manage to overcome and come out on the other side of the cycle.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13

I knew Kim would blame her drinking on the show. Most users have reason why they do what they do, and many are much more believable and sad than Kim's reasons, but the thing you learn in recovery is that reasons don't matter. Only that binary choice matters: Use/NotUse. Nearly every single person in this world has sad circumstance which might drive them to use drugs. Fortunately some people can use drugs situationally and not become addicts. Once the situation has resolved, they don't use. I don't see Kim as a situational drinker. It's been a persistent problem with her. I feel badly for her, but enablers around her are not going to help. Apparently, Kyle is stepping out of that role. I hope Kyle goes to AlAnon because she needs some help and support.

• Love 10

I am now wholeheartedly convinced Kim is confused when she expresses her love of "turtles."

I think what she means to say is "I love Turtle Time."

Can you imagine Kim and Ramona hanging out! lol
  • Love 3

Really don't think Kim is coming back, so she will lose her platform for her Kyle grievances. 

Nah! If Bravo will have her back we will see her again. My new theory in light of the arrest is that she will make up with Kyle to garner support of her new found sobriety because she will claim this was her rock bottom and Kyle will take her back no doubt because Kim will work the angle that this "slip" was due to the reunion airing and the embarrassment that the ladies caused her and her kids. No doubt that crazy ass will work an angle to ensure her position for next year.

• Love 2

Hugs, Reo.  I'm so sorry for your struggles with your mother.  You sound like the exact opposite of her; compassionate and thoughtful.  Mothers can sometimes really make or break a child, I think.  It's so unfortunate that parents who are unhealthy go on to instill dysfunction in their children.  I try very hard to understand that my mom is the way she is, not because of me, but because of the life she lived.  But it's really hard sometimes to not take it personally and not to allow myself to wallow in my feelings of sadness and anger from the things she did to me.  It's the flip flopping, too, that I find is the hardest.  Being able to acknowledge that my mom has her own problems doesn't make the hurt go away.  

Now this should be part of a SNL skit!  Thanks for the very welcomed comic relief!

You're welcome, SoCal4Us!  This board has so many funny, witty people, and we need a little comic relief once in awhile.  These topics are so heavy and serious and sad and so very personal for a lot of us, it kind of breaks up the tension a bit, I think.  

• Love 8

I would never in a million years text Kim or post on her social media (I don't tweet or follow any of the woman in any capacity) but I do love this board and all the smart, funny people who post here. I also love the fact that's it's like one stop shopping...you come here and every related article, tweet and credit report is here for the clicking. I don't mind divergent points of view, in fact that's what keeps it interesting and sometimes changes my outlook on a person or event. I also have a pet theroy that the things you really dislike about someone are things you really dislike about yourself so even post I disagree with I enjoy the process of reading the post. Now having said that, this is a snark board and that is what you are going to get when you come here. You can't go to a casino and complain about the gambling.

• Love 15

nexxie and Reo, I wish I could like both your posts! 

I think kids of narcissistic parents tend to be very empathetic and that, sometimes to our own detriment--unless you're another narcissist!  We recognize that and we clam up.  

I let my mom abuse me till I was forty-two years old!  Can you believe it?  I always thought, no, she doesn't really mean it, she'll be different, things will change.  Then after I'd gotten a very long break from her (I hadn't seen her in a decade and though we talked at least three or four times a week I had learned that there were things I could talk about with her which would allow her to vent about her other sources of supply) she came for a visit, and it was like a punch in the gut.  I cried nearly the whole time she was here.  It took me to middle age to realize what she was. So crazy and sad.  

Reo, your situation with your mom is where I expect mine to end up.   I'm sorry.  I hope you're staying strong and healthy for yourself and the people who love you. I agree that Kim doesn't have much to look forward to.  

I've said it before, but you can't love these people.  They don't have the capacity for it themselves. and sadly, don't even understand it.  They'll just take from you until you have nothing left to give.

• Love 11
Were we separated at birth?

Count me in the Mom's Club.

It took me the better part of 40 years of failure in my mother's eyes to realize I wasn't the problem, it was my mother who had the problem.

Can I join too? But in my case it is my mother-in-law. She is 95 years old, lives with me and my husband, and I am her primary caregiver. She is a nasty piece of work (has NOTHING nice to say about anyone in the family) and never takes responsibility for anything. I guess in some ways that is why I can see why Kyle does some of the things she does with Kim. And I keep thinking, "Girl, RUN!!"

I've said it before, but you can't love these people.  They don't have the capacity for it themselves. and sadly, don't even understand it.  They'll just take from you until you have nothing left to give.

I have recently come to this realization as well. And it is so sad for them. And us.

• Love 7

All of you guys who have dealt with such trauma and yet have still managed to become (or rather remain) compassionate, strong, and diligent gives me hope for Kim's kids. 

I agree with you, haydensterling, about so many children of narcs and toxic parents becoming very empathetic people, as adults and even as kids.  I was always mocked in my family for being so over-emotional and sensitive.  My mom, once, when I was about 13 or so, laughed in my face, when we were fighting and I finally told her that I'd felt many times like killing myself.  She laughed at me and told me that I was a drama queen and watched too much television.  So many times she protected her own ego rather than her own children, even when she refused to believe that I'd been abused,  and I think that's made me become even more perceptive of other people's pain, which I see as a positive thing, even though it gets me into trouble sometimes.  I'd rather be sensitive to others and get too emotionally involved sometimes than become emotionally dead and hateful.  So, that's what those experiences have taught me and I hope that Kim's kids take from their mother, who they don't want to become and grow from that.  

• Love 9

I've said it before, but you can't love these people. They don't have the capacity for it themselves. and sadly, don't even understand it. They'll just take from you until you have nothing left to give.

You can love them, but you can't expect it ever to be enough or the right kind of love, and certainly can't expect it to be returned. Giving shelter and food and care, is loving and kind in my book. I agree that you have to detach or you will be unhappy.

A woman I know was dealing with an addict, albeit successful, husband and her addict youngest daughter. She got help at AlAnon where she learned not to respond to the hair raising thing they said. She learned that all of that was smoke and mirrors to deflect from the real issue, she learned to listen and with a calm neutral face to say "Huh" or make some other acknowledging but neutral sound. It seems to me that is LVP's approach. Just realize there is going to be instigation and respond calmly if at all. Kyle needs help in this department.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 4

Seeing how horrible Kim is remembering numbers like how many days she was in a hospital 3,5,7,9 days. I am guessing while she was screeching at Kyle on the fact she has been sober for 3 Years she really meant to say 3 Hours! No way has this dizzy Dora been sober for 3 years. 

I am not even going to comment on Brandi its way too easy. Now her friend Jennifer it was her birthday and Brandi says she was 29! It has to be a different one because that one she hangs out with looks rode hard and put away wet to be 29!

• Love 4

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/17/kim-richards-arrest-drinking-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-reunion/

Kim's people officially start the blame game. It's now Lisa Vanderpump's fault for driving a wedge between the two sisters! Bwah!

Last night I thought to myself surely it's no coincidence Kim's very public slip up comes right on the heels of the Reunion. I just knew she would end up blaming the show and the subsequent deterioration of her relationship with Kyle for her bender, but to cite LVP is preposterous!

It wasn't watching her own reprehensible behavior that drove Kim to drink but rather LVP's involvement and comforting Kyle? What a load of crap. True narcissists are incapable of neither empathy nor introspection. Kim is a classic example. In her eyes she has done no wrong but has been wronged time and time again.

How in fresh hell would Lisa Vanderpump know who the fuck KIM'S DAUGHTER BROOKE was inviting to her wedding?

How the actual fuck would Lisa Vanderpump be the one to break the news to Kyle that Kim was disinviting her?

[snip]

I feel like I'm falling down a rabbit hole trying to make sense of this shit.

Persnickety, don't get yourself into a tizzy trying to make sense of TMZ's "article" because there's just no truth to it. Brandi has decided to make her former friend LVP the scapegoat for this mess and its just not flying.

Kim will not return for another season if she knows what's best for her, but she's probably so desperate for money she would consider it. I really hope her kids intervene and issue her an ultimatum; us or the show. That might be the only tactic that works. Clearly Bravo isn't willing to walk away from this train wreck; I'm sure the Bravo executives are relishing every second of media attention Kim's fall from grace is garnering the network.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

I don't know if you are addressing me but i'm in that wee small camp so will try. Also i'm a few pages back from the end of this thread so I'm very sorry if i'm rehashing/reopening something already resolved in response to this.

Thank you so very much for explaining why you feel about Kim the way you do. It has been seriously painful to read the pile on Kim here, for me, because I couldn't understand how everyone could take such pleasure in hurting someone already in so much pain. I'm understanding better. I still wish it didn't happen, don't think it's a good look, but I get it. I'll stay out of it from now on because it's too painful to witness/read/hear that for me personally - no judgment, I'm just saying I don't want to go through that again.

Re Kyle putting Kim on this show and if that can be debated - maybe not by standards and opinions of most here. But to me, it definitely can be debated but I don't need the debate so it's fine to skip. I have my opinion, I stand by it due to life experience. In the same way someone said they felt crazy and seeing Kim meltdown helped them feel vindicated they are not crazy.... Kyle is that for me. I see her in a way few others do apparently. But I also think i'm not wrong. So we can disagree. What sticks for me on this with Kyle is her attitude toward and treatment of Kim in Season 1. Lots of little things, correcting her word enunciations, minimizing Kim's concerns about her daughters and them leaving the nest, no empathy for Kim. Or very little and at weird times. When Kim really needed it, Kyle had none. When Kim didn't need it, Kyle is all over her expressing concern. It felt like watching a mind f**k going on from Kyle to Kim and it didn't help Kim at all as an addicted alcoholic who needs straight talk, consistent behaviour and true trust. If Kim hadn't relapsed already, Kyle certainly wasn't helping her stay sober by Kyle's behaviour. An addict has a messed up brain by the point Kim was at when this show started. It's not a level playing field and if Kyle really cared, at some point in preceding years she' dhave educated herself about how to sincerely help Kim, what alcohol has done to Kim physiologically, and how to be around Kim in a safe way for both of them. Kyle clearly did none of that so care about her sister? Fuck no, Kyle doesn't give a crap about Kim. But she kept telling Kim she does which was messing Kim up because Kim is trying to read her sister and trust her but Kyle keeps doing things that hurt her so....mind f**k constantly. 

Finally,the limo scene, when Kyle outed Kim's alcoholism. Kyle said this which was the final decider for me, about Kim leaning on Mauricio for things apparently, Kyle said "like a f**king second wife!!" to Kim during that tirade. Kyle also got nearly physical with Kim to point where Kim was recoiling backward. 

I understand everyone does not see this the way I do and that it's hard to care about Kim. Kim isn't in my everyday. I wouldn't sign up for that either. But she's on a tv show that became all about the dysfunctional relationship of the Richards Sisters and it was painful to watch. I can't unlearn all i've learned in life and I can't not be who I am. It hurts to not be able to be who you are and have others tell you you're messed up, not right, always wrong, stupid, crazy etc. when you're not harming anyone but simply trying to understand, same as everyone else. I'm merely trying to process the horrible tv show Bravo fed us, same as everyone else.

ETA: Forgot this point but it matters. Kyle confirmed for me and all of us that she didn't care about Kim in any sincere way. In part 3 of the reunion Kyle told Kim the only reason she puts up with Kim is because Kyle loves Kim's daughters. Kyle confirmed what Kim had been suspecting and what I saw/read in Kyle. It's one thing to not be responsible for your sister or for an addict. Yes they are responsible for themselves. It's another thing entirely to deliberately put them in harm's way. How many trips and events this season featured alcohol? The wine tasting at a bar, with Kim, Kyle actually asking Kim if she's ok. WTF? Not helpful and actually hurt Kim. Hurt Kim, hurt Kim's kids. Kyle says she loves Kim's kids so why fan the flames of her addiction if she loves those kids so much? I'm done.

This is exactly how I see Kyle. Mind fuck all the way. The inconsistences, the beratement however minor in passed seasons for no apparent reason (and no being pissed about her addict ways doesn't excuse random rudeness and disregard on any given day just because). It's like you could see her taking out her frustration here and there one quick jab at a time. Little ones that wouldn't matter in a basic sister relationship or at least not matter that much in the big scheme of things but there have been a lot of times where I can physically see it affect Kim. Whether it was a look of surprise, confusion, hurt or retreating into a far off stare. I've seen the reactions however subtle. You can see Kim just filing it away with a nod and leaving it alone. I mean god forbid Kim does bring up any grievances. What's the point, it would all be directed to what a horrible person Kim is because she's an addict.

Kyle, especially in season one had a lot of behaviors towards Kim that seems so freaking callous and I couldn't freaking understand. I guessWhether or not it was because she was hiding this big secret or not. Funny, Kyle never really seemed off put or awkward or scared or nervous or apprehensive much during season 1. It wasn't until the following season and I'm sure a little awareness about how bad it would look to be the uncaring sister of an addict that we saw the "fragile, wilting, abused sister" version of Kyle come out. Was that just me?

Kyle may have been subjected to a lot that I won't deny but the way Kyle has chosen to express those demons is what I take issue with. I think Kyle has punished Kim as much as she's helped and I don't see that as something to be condoned. My thing is if you can't deal with it without lashing out at the very person you're supposed to be trying to help and support then don't.  You doing more harm than good.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3

This is an open message for Kim Richards in the hopes she realizes what messed up her head and gets started on her trip to mental health.

If you don't already know why you're so fucked up Kim, I think I know some of the reasons. I'll try to list them in order

1. You were born to a whack-job mother who twisted up your thoughts regarding men and sex. Subsequently it caused you to enter into two marriages doomed to fail. You married for wealth and status, that was your first mistake.

2. You were pushed into the entertainment industry by the same controlling mother and became a child actress with some success. You held onto your childhood success and tried to carry it into your adult years, which didn't work because plainly you just weren't talented enough and you know it.. Once a child star is grown up and doesn't really have the talent to become an adult actor, people forget you quickly.

3. Your relationship with your younger sister Kyle was close, but close in a not-so-healthy way. You competed with each other on every level for attention,validation, monetary rewards and the envy of others towards you.

4. You were always drawn to the 'bad boy' including an investment scammer who robbed 8000 old people in his financial scams only to scam the wrong people and be killed by a hitman while you were on the phone talking to him.

5. You can't accept not being the young, cute, darling young woman you once were. In other words, you aren't aging with grace.

6. You fucked up raising your kids and even fucked up your dog with your overindulgence.

Well Hell, even I feel like having a drink thinking about how messed up you are so I can't really blame you for drowning your problems in the bottom of a glass or up your nose. But, if you don't stop and change then you'll probably end up like millions of other addicts and be pushed away from anyone who might have loved you at one time and don't anymore. That's it. Now, I won't even charge a fee for my services, my two-cents comes free of charge. But if you don't want to listen and continue on the current path you've chosen, then we'll all just sit here waiting for the awful news that's bound to come sooner or later.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

Kim's not writing any blog. This season is 22 episodes long, and she's written blogs for about 1/4 of them. It's what she does when she's confronted with the episodes that show her in ways she doesn't like. She disengages. 

What I found really reprehensible about Kim's behavior at the reunion (and there was certainly a lot of reprehensible behavior to choose from) was her constant hinting at horrible secrets she supposedly knows about people that she'll reveal if they displease her, but her inability (and I believe it was inability, not unwillingness) to actually deliver on her threats, even when begged to do so by the very people whose secrets she's supposedly holding.  It's an incredibly childish game, and incredibly effective.  The object of her accusations, puzzled (as they know they don't have any horrible secret) gets increasingly frustrated, demanding she tell everyone the supposed secret. Since she doesn't actually know any such secret, she then says, "Obviously I hit a nerve because look how upset you are. But I'm just too fine a person to talk about such things in public."  Of course this further infuriates the person, which makes Kim smile and say, again, "Obviously I hit a nerve.  YOU know what it is, but I won't say."  It's an insidious game, immature and infuriating.  P.S.  What's up with Kim constantly snarking at Rinna about her weight?  Kim looks like Skeletor!  To my eyes, Rinna looks slim but tight, toned and healthy.  Maybe Kim needs to eat that sandwich she keeps trying to force down Rinna's throat.  Anything to keep her from talking.

It was especially nasty when she directed it toward Kyle. Rinna could challenge Kim and say, "What is it? Share it with the world!" because it was about Harry. Kyle wasn't going to do that with her daughter(s) and Kim knew it. I don't think that Kim had anything damning on Alexia, but Kyle wasn't going to play chicken so that Aunt Kim could lie about her niece on television. 

• Love 9

Except for poker night where she acknowledged she took a pill,  I thought Kim was coherent and sober this season.  I saw no evidence of drinking on her part so I don't get why this arrest is an "outing of her non-sobriety".  It's a fall off the wagon like the pain pill was. 

I thought so too. <shrug>

• Love 1

Kim's not writing any blog. This season is 22 episodes long, and she's written blogs for about 1/4 of them. It's what she does when she's confronted with the episodes that show her in ways she doesn't like. She disengages. 

It was especially nasty when she directed it toward Kyle. Rinna could challenge Kim and say, "What is it? Share it with the world!" because it was about Harry. Kyle wasn't going to do that with her daughter(s) and Kim knew it. I don't think that Kim had anything damning on Alexia, but Kyle wasn't going to play chicken so that Aunt Kim could lie about her niece on television.

Could it be that Alexia went in the room where the dog was kept even though, she was told not.
  • Love 1

This is exactly how I see Kyle. Mind fuck all the way. The inconsistences, the beratement however minor in passed seasons for no apparent reason (and no being pissed about her addict ways doesn't excuse random rudeness and disregard on any given day just because). It's like you could see her taking out her frustration here and there one quick jab at a time. Little ones that wouldn't matter in a basic sister relationship or at least not matter that much in the big scheme of things but there have been a lot of times where I can physically see it affect Kim. Whether it was a look of surprise, confusion, hurt or retreating into a far off stare. I've seen the reactions however subtle. You can see Kim just filing it away with a nod and leaving it alone. I mean god forbid Kim does bring up any grievances. What's the point, it would all be directed to what a horrible person Kim is because she's an addict.

Kyle, especially in season one had a lot of behaviors towards Kim that seems so freaking callous and I couldn't freaking understand. I guessWhether or not it was because she was hiding this big secret or not. Funny, Kyle never really seemed off put or awkward or scared or nervous or apprehensive much during season 1. It wasn't until the following season and I'm sure a little awareness about how bad it would look to be the uncaring sister of an addict that we saw the "fragile, wilting, abused sister" version of Kyle come out. Was that just me?

Kyle may have been subjected to a lot that I won't deny but the way Kyle has chosen to express those demons is what I take issue with. I think Kyle has punished Kim as much as she's helped and I don't see that as something to be condoned. My thing is if you can't deal with it without lashing out at the very person you're supposed to be trying to help and support then don't.  You doing more harm than good.

Once it was revealed Bravo had apparently a great deal of footage of Kim inebriated and obnoxious during season 1, I think a lot of what the viewers might have deemed as unjustifiable "rudeness" towards Kim was actually exasperation with how Kim was behaving, knowing Bravo could choose to use any and/or all of that footage at their discretion and that it was a nightmare waiting to happen.

I don't blame her.  I'd have been short-tempered and mortified at my sibling, who had been given an opportunity such as this was, behaving in such a manner.

Could it be that Alexia went in the room where the dog was kept even though, she was told not.

Maybe, but I don't think so.

I don't think Kim would have hesitated to say so, if that were the case.  "She was told to NOT go into my room, and she did it anyway!" wouldn't be a particularly offensive statement for her to have made under such circumstances.

I don't think there's ANY justification for that dog biting Alexia, which is why we were never given one.  Otherwise Kim would have been screeching it from the rooftops for all to hear and pointing that Bony Finger of Judgment as well.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

Kim has to disengage, she really has to because if she didn't disconnect herself from topics such as her kids, her sobriety or her dog Kingsley and put an end to any more discussion of them, then she'd have to face the fact that she was at fault and is either directly or indirectly responsible for the consequences of her actions or inability to act.

• Love 5

She is able to maintain friendships, even if they're with people like TMCFR, a woman I don't particularly like.  She has a husband who appears to love her and their children.  She looks to me like she is at least aware of some of her shortcomings and she tries.  

Sincerely Yours, do you honestly believe there are people posting on this board who would laugh if Kim OD'ed?

I wasn't the one who posted that anyone would take pleasure in such a thing. I just agreed with a poster who suggested something or other about not thinking anyone would be happy about it.

Kyle and friendships, some people are luckier and can play the game better socially. This is where I think Kyle NOT being in the spot light as much as Kim served her well while growing up. She was able to develop better socially and with reading social cues. I think Kyle is better at socializing which is why she can salvage or create friendships. Keep in mind the ones that don't seem to falter. Bethenny, Faye. Hard, brittle, cold types. Then the one's she needs to work on and or repair. LVP, Camille.

• Love 3

It's called editing and maybe Kyle telling the production/Bravo don't show too much.  We don't know if she was drinking most of the season or not.  She could have for all we know.  I'm not buying her one pill jive.  If it was just one pill it was followed by a series of alcohol beverages. 

Sometimes is all about what's shown and other's its about what could have happened and most likely happen but wasn't shown and what should have been shown but wasn't.... allegedly..... This is what usually has my head spinning with regards to keeping certain perspectives straight. It is a vicious cycle. Speculation is such an spinning vortex of confusion.... I need a pain pill. :-P  

• Love 2

I wonder if Kim got loaded before going to the polo lounge. It doesn't make sense to drink pubically (I'm leaving that typo, you can't make me delete it) around a paparazzi infested bar. Not that Kim is known for making sense, but...still.

I would bet she was already drunk

• Love 2

I don't think Kim would have hesitated to say so, if that were the case.  "She was told to NOT go into my room, and she did it anyway!" wouldn't be a particularly offensive statement for her to have made under such circumstances.

I don't think there's ANY justification for that dog biting Alexia, which is why we were never given one.  Otherwise Kim would have been screeching it from the rooftops for all to hear and pointing that Bony Finger of Judgment as well.

Plus, I said this before, but if the dog is that territorial about Kim's bedroom, then that door should have been LOCKED or the dog should have been in the kennel that producers had built for him.

• Love 10

Not much of a secret. That would be like threatening to tell everyone that you were once so tired you went to bed without brushing your teeth first.

• Love 3

Once it was revealed Bravo had apparently a great deal of footage of Kim inebriated and obnoxious during season 1, I think a lot of what the viewers might have deemed as unjustifiable "rudeness" towards Kim was actually exasperation with how Kim was behaving, knowing Bravo could choose to use any and/or all of that footage at their discretion and that it was a nightmare waiting to happen.

Is it a known fact that Bravo has such footage, or is it rumor? I had always thought that if using, Kim was hiding her use from production.

I think the best thing Bravo could do, would be to let Kim go. As long as they continue on with her on the show and for anyone or any of us who have dealt with something with an addiction, we know that simplicity is a good thing. Keep it Simple. Using her for ratings just shows their moral compass (and yes, I know..they are in for ratings and $$$) . I also think that it is time Kim have to deal with the consequences of her addiction, actions and behavior. It isn't Kyle's fault that Kim is an addict. It is Kim's fault. Her constant deflecting, finger pointing and blaming of others is exactly why family and friends NEED to walk away. It is a horrible thing to watch someone you love self destruct right before your eyes...you already feel helpless. On top it..when the addict blames  the people closest to them for that addiction, for their own sanity...they have take care of their own emotional health.

Addiction will suck the life not only out of the addict but every single person that surrounds them as well.

I also will say that I was not surprised to read in numerous articles that Kim blamed Kyle and everything else for her "relapse" and took not one shred of responsibility.

As they say, people, places and things.........and.........jails, institutions and death.

Edited by autumnh
  • Love 3

If Kyle had anything to do with Kim coming on the show, She probably convinced herself that it would be a good thing. The show and getting her career back on track would turn her around kind of thinking. We don't know though. At this point Kyle has to be angry and callous toward Kim. I think she needs that to be able to break away from the cycle. The second she starts feeling compassion she will most likely get sucked back into everything. At least for now.

Regarding Kim's kids. Those kids have suffered. I am sure they wont admit it, and put on a brave face for the world. They have spent a lifetime keeping secrets. Hiding Mom's crazieness, making excuses for her. Delusional people cannot compartmentalize these things. This kind of illness bleeds into everything. I have no doubt those kids have stayed up at night worried sick about their mom. Smile for mommy.

Kim has been protected from consequences her entire life. Treatment for her is some beautiful place in the Caribbean or Palm Springs. She will go, she will have a cathartic moment where she realizes she has to take care of HERSELF. She has to put HERSELF first. She will feel so sorry for herself because all she does is take care of others. She nursed her poor ex while he lay dying. There will be more tears, lots of hugs. Promises to fellow patients of a life long friendship. gag

ETA When she goes home she will be so upset and hurt that people don't trust her.

Edited by Cheetosandchoc
  • Love 20