Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers

• Start Topic

You got banned from a Facebook group? How dare they!! :)

I have quit trying to guess anything based on social media activities because I often think things are done on purpose to throw us off.

Totally agree plus this is the most exposed cast ever. Everyone playing knew before hand who was possible to be playing on the season with them and I am sure many emails texts and phone calls were exchanged. This is far from strangers bonding they all know who each other ahead of time. As far as the weight loss pictures its just too convenient for the 5 with the most weight loss to be the final 5. Day 36 (6th place) is not going to look too much different than Day 37 or 38's 5th and 4th placers. 

Especially since it looked like everyone porked up on food for the two months (or however long it was) that the fan voting was going on. I've never seen such a hefty group of Survivor contestants, and I'm saying that purely from the perspective of people putting on the weight to sustain them through not eating three meals a day.

Especially since it looked like everyone porked up on food for the two months (or however long it was) that the fan voting was going on. I've never seen such a hefty group of Survivor contestants, and I'm saying that purely from the perspective of people putting on the weight to sustain them through not eating three meals a day.

Good point if they are overweight coming in they are more likely to lose weight.

Joe should be ok and Stephen should be in a better spot. Savage and Tasha could be in a tough spot.

Joe and Stephen should both make the merge, where Stephen then chops Joe's head off. If I read the edit right.

I think Joe and Andrew could also be in trouble.  Four Ta'Keo to two Bayon.  It may be like the Outcast twist all over again for Savage.  It would be funny if Stephen is the one who is responsible for Joe's demise.  I don't want either of them going anytime soon, so hopefully they are merge bound.  Tribes look about equal, though I think Monica could be screwed on new Bayon.  I also think Abi could possibly be in trouble on Angkor.  It will depend if Ta'Keo sticks together.  

In regards to weight loss-neither Woo or Savage looked to have lost any, which makes me think they are either pre-merge or early merge.  One thing about Varner, there was a post game shot he took of himself, Kimmi, and Joe.  It only showed their faces, but Jeff's didn't look to have any weight loss to it.  Kimmi's did, it looked the same as it did in her post game pics she posted that made everyone think she made it far.  Since Jeff and Joe have gotten a ton of airtime, and Joe didn't look much different returning home, either, I am now worried that all 3 may end up being pre-merge or early merge.  I don't know that I get into what happens on SM, whose following who, whose being snippy with who (except maybe Shirin).  Varner was blasting anyone for leaking spoiler info, so he seems like the type that might play troll to fans.  For all we know he and Tasha are BFFs, even if she did screw him over.  Since they are winding up on the same tribe, that would make sense.  

Updating this : 

Ta Keo

Terry - Quits the game, confirmation by his daughter that this happened. Instagram research and other sources verify the son gets sick on either late Day 12 or early Day 13. Terry leaves sometime in this 2 day span
Kelly - Kelly is seen looking towards spencer in the survivor intro with a bayon member right behind her therefore Kelly either swapped to Bayon (confirmed redmond). This challenge did not happen in episode 1 or 2. It is possible it happens in episode 3, but Kelly is safe until it does.
Woo - There is a scene of Tasha crying in intro. It is speculated this happens when Terry leaves on Day 12 or 13 which would be episode 4 or 5. If Tasha does not cry in episode 3 then woo is safe until she is shown crying.
Kelley - Massive weight loss zombie looking even don't have anything showing her past this episode, but with that kind of weight loss it would be very surprising she only lasted 9 days she is safe.
PG - All intro shots have happened already, no additional proof of her longevity, however has a staph infection after the game was over.

Spencer - He is in the same group shot Kelly is in
Jeff - We know he's on angkor because of the messed up preview with a yellow buff, however, we have no visible proof of him past this episode other than an airport photo with Kimmi and Joe after the game ended 
Abi - No other proof past episode 3

Bayon

Stephen - No other proof past episode 3
Monica - See above
Jeremy - Bag holding challenge in intro (no confirmation on when this challenge is can't be booted until we see bag holding challenge)
Kass - In a local tv interview she mentioned there was a gross food challenge, not sure if she participated or was told about it in loser lodge 
Joe - No other proof past episode 3
Ciera - No other proof past episode 3
Keith - No other proof past episode 3 , however a lot of weight loss
Kimmi - No other proof past episode 3 , however zombie levels of weight loss
Tasha - There is a scene of Tasha crying in intro. It is speculated this happens when Terry leaves on Day 12 or 13 which would be episode 4 or 5. If Tasha does not cry in episode 3 then tasha is safe until she is shown crying.
Savage - Bag holding challenge in intro (no confirmation on when this challenge is can't be booted until we see bag holding challenge)

Eliminated 

Vytas - Instagram like Day 9 must be booted before day 9 - TRUE booted episode 1

Shirin - Her intro shots end episode 2 possible boot. - TRUE booted episode 2

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2

One thing I am wondering is if some of these edits were amped up the first two episodes because of the whole second chance voting thing. I think they wanted to get content from as many as possible because of that. I also wonder if some of these stories were just exclusive to the first two episodes because the tribes switch so quickly and the whole game is going to change in episode 3. Maybe someone important in the first two episodes now becomes unimportant and vise versa? Everyone from Ta Keo got a confessional in both episodes. No one was invisible that usually does not happen.

Edited by anthonyd46
PG - All intro shots have happened already, no additional proof of her longevity

Since you're including weight loss in your list, I suggest adding in PG's staph infection. It seems like just as much evidence for lasting a while in the game as the weight loss does.

Since you're including weight loss in your list, I suggest adding in PG's staph infection. It seems like just as much evidence for lasting a while in the game as the weight loss does.

Noted 

Also here is the cbs tease.

“We Got A Rat” – Just days into the game, castaways drop their buffs and switch from two to three tribes. Also, a castaway’s future in the game is in jeopardy when they’re caught sending a message to another tribe,

So that would explain the episode title.  Episode 4 is titled "what's the beef?" (why do I feel like that's a Keith quote).  I'm trying to think who it could be that would send the message.  I feel like it may be either one of the alphas from Bayon, or someone from Ta'Keo.  Shirin said she told the tribe Terry had an idol, so I wonder if someone is trying to tell the new Ta'Keo about it and gets caught.

Edited by LadyChatts

So that would explain the episode title.  Episode 4 is titled "what's the beef?" (why do I feel like that's a Keith quote).  I'm trying to think who it could be that would send the message.  I feel like it may be either one of the alphas from Bayon, or someone from Ta'Keo.  Shirin said she told the tribe Terry had an idol, so I wonder if someone is trying to tell the new Ta'Keo about it and gets caught.

Thats possible my other thought is Jeremy is really emotional right now and he was screwed by this swap he's stuck with Stephen and Monica two people that were not in his alliance. Maybe he tries sending signals to his alliance and is caught. 

Couple press photos are up of the dropping buff scene 

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/photos

Since Monica and Stephen are part of the NYC clique, I can see that those two would team up.  In addition, I can see them bringing Spencer in.  It's hard to say where Kelly and Kimmi would go.  Kelly might keep Jeremy for strength, and she may not want to keep Spencer around since he was on the outs with her previous tribe.  Kimmi could stay loyal to Jeremy.  However, if they don't want to force a tie and Monica/Spencer/Stephen stand firm, someone may flip to them.  However, if Bayon does lose, I feel like they would want Jeremy for strength over Kimmi.

Monica bores me, so I would love to see her get booted sooner rather than later.

Oh my, Abi and PG still on the same tribe, along with Jeff the shit stirrer and Tasha who has a pretty strong personality. This should be a fun tribe.  I can't wait to see how Savage interacts with these people.

• Love 1

Oh my, Abi and PG still on the same tribe, along with Jeff the shit stirrer and Tasha who has a pretty strong personality. This should be a fun tribe.  I can't wait to see how Savage interacts with these people.

I honestly can't see Savage surviving if they have to go to TC.

I honestly can't see Savage surviving if they have to go to TC.

I think it'll come down to him and Joe. Unless they think they need them for strength, but I can't see Varner turning on PG or Abi. Tasha may be a deciding vote. Unless Varner realizes it is going to a tie and decides to flip for that reason.

I think it'll come down to him and Joe. Unless they think they need them for strength, but I can't see Varner turning on PG or Abi. Tasha may be a deciding vote. Unless Varner realizes it is going to a tie and decides to flip for that reason.

Joe isn't on the tribe its Varner/PG/Abi/Woo/Savage/Tasha all 4 of Varner's old tribe and 2 bayon. 

Angkor - Abi, Jeff, PG, Savage, Tasha, Woo

Bayon - Jeremy, Kelly, Spencer, Kimmi, Stephen, Monica

Ta Keo - Ciera, Joe, Kass, Keith, Kelley, Terry

I've also edited the cheat sheet to add Kass said on a local news station that there is a gross food challenge this season. Do not know if she participates in it or someone voted out after her tells her about it. Anyway i made note regardless. 

Edited by anthonyd46

Now that this picture makes sense 

11934705_1639074633037407_1875532463_n.j

I wonder if this is after Terry quits. Since Bayon outnumbers the old Ta keo in that tribe 4-2 I can't see them being that upset at losing the challenge. 

On Angkor we know Woo, Tasha, Savage, Abi, and PG last at least another episode Jeff is not accounted for in any future previews, but he seems too big of a character to be gone episode 3.

Ta keo I think is the losing tribe. you have Ciera, Joe, Kass, Keith, Kelley, Terry. 5 of these 6 don't have any proof they last longer. Obviously theres weight loss, but weight loss never guarantees a placement though id be very surprised to see Kelley out after only 9 days with it. Then you have Kass saying there is a food challenge if that doesn't happen this episode its likely Kass survives however she can just be told about the challenge later. Bayon outnumbers old Ta Keo here 4-2 as well so we know Terry is good till episode 4 or 5 Kelley has to be the target if they lose I guess. This has to lead to a Ciera or Joe idol out I think. Need more press photos to get a clear conclusion but thats what I'm leaning towards now.

I could see it being Kass if Ta'Keo loses. Unless they wanted to get rid of Joe, but really, that tribe is weak. If they lose again, would they want to get rid of one of the stronger providers. Kass might have heard about the gross eating challenge. Plus, we don't know what the challenge is for episode 3 yet. What's interesting is that Joe said in his pre-game video that the two people he didn't want to work with were Kass and Terry-Kass for the obvious, but he thought Terry was too cocky. And now he's on a tribe with both of them.  I don't know if Terry and Kelley will keep weaker members around to take a bigger threat like Joe, or think that Ciera and Keith may be more of the goats in their potential alliance.

We don't really have any proof that Stephen, Kelly Wigles, Monica, or even Spencer last beyond this episode (actually, at this point, I don't think there's much proof for anyone besides Terry). The shot of Monica/Stephen/Jeremy could just be a shot of them being frustrated over the swap. I guess it will come down to what the challenge is. Jeff did say that the swap was a major setback for some people, and he really seemed to be hinting that some are royally screwed. I'm thinking Savage and Joe in their respective tribes. I wonder if that shot of Tasha crying may be from Angkor losing the challenge. Bayon is outnumbered so it may have been an intentional throw to get rid of a strong threat down the road.  Perhaps PG pulled her stunt from China and threw the challenge to get rid of Andrew, and help members of Ta'Keo that are outnumbered on the other tribes (and gets rid of a threat in the process).  Which would be funny if PG did that and either it backfires or the old Ta'Keo wants nothing to do with her if they all make the merge.

Here is a photo from one of the first promos for the season (which also spoiled the fact that Varner made it to the swap):

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s31/vc_s31_promo_9_1/vc_s31_promo_9_1_1039.jpg

This looks like it was at a challenge.  I don't know if this ties into the same challenge that showed Andrew/Jeremy/Terry carrying bags, or if they go to 2 challenges after the swap.

Edited by LadyChatts

I could see it being Kass if Ta'Keo loses. Unless they wanted to get rid of Joe, but really, that tribe is weak. If they lose again, would they want to get rid of one of the stronger providers. Kass might have heard about the gross eating challenge. Plus, we don't know what the challenge is for episode 3 yet. What's interesting is that Joe said in his pre-game video that the two people he didn't want to work with were Kass and Terry-Kass for the obvious, but he thought Terry was too cocky. And now he's on a tribe with both of them.  I don't know if Terry and Kelley will keep weaker members around to take a bigger threat like Joe, or think that Ciera and Keith may be more of the goats in their potential alliance.

We don't really have any proof that Stephen, Kelly Wigles, Monica, or even Spencer last beyond this episode (actually, at this point, I don't think there's much proof for anyone besides Terry). The shot of Monica/Stephen/Jeremy could just be a shot of them being frustrated over the swap. I guess it will come down to what the challenge is. Jeff did say that the swap was a major setback for some people, and he really seemed to be hinting that some are royally screwed. I'm thinking Savage and Joe in their respective tribes. I wonder if that shot of Tasha crying may be from Angkor losing the challenge. Bayon is outnumbered so it may have been an intentional throw to get rid of a strong threat down the road.  Perhaps PG pulled her stunt from China and threw the challenge to get rid of Andrew, and help members of Ta'Keo that are outnumbered on the other tribes (and gets rid of a threat in the process).  Which would be funny if PG did that and either it backfires or the old Ta'Keo wants nothing to do with her if they all make the merge.

Here is a photo from one of the first promos for the season (which also spoiled the fact that Varner made it to the swap):

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s31/vc_s31_promo_9_1/vc_s31_promo_9_1_1039.jpg

This looks like it was at a challenge.  I don't know if this ties into the same challenge that showed Andrew/Jeremy/Terry carrying bags, or if they go to 2 challenges after the swap.

Theres also a food challenge and whatever Kelly and Spencer are in in the intro.

Angkor - Abi, Jeff, PG, Savage, Tasha, Woo

Bayon - Jeremy, Kelly, Spencer, Kimmi, Stephen, Monica

Ta Keo - Ciera, Joe, Kass, Keith, Kelley, Terry

Let's speculate about who is at risk in each tribe : out of Ta Keo, I can see Ciera (because she seems sick) and Kass (because she's Kass) being at risk.  I think Terry and Keith will bond, Joe and Kelley seem like a natural pairing too.  If they vote out Joe first, they will get royally screwed when Terry leaves the game soon.  At Bayon, I would think Monica or Kimmy (who probably survives because of the weight loss photos) because these guys are not the strongest compared to other tribes. I think Stephen and Spencer will cling to each other like survivors of a shipwreck and it will annoy the other 4 players.  I can see Kelly and Jeremy might mesh well, Kimmy and Kelly not so much.  Since Monica is pretty much a ghost, who knows where she ends up?

Ankgor will be the new trainwreck tribe.  Woo is chill but the other 5 are powder-kegs waiting to be lit.  I can see PG flipping to rid herself of Abi, or vice-versa.  I cannot see Tasha or Savage tolerating Abi for very long.  If the TaKeo people stick together, I think Savage leaves first.  I don't think they will give much importance to challenge strength.

Edited by Croquetteknits

Bayon: Kelly strikes me as the type that would want to keep the tribe strong, and have no use for someone like Monica or Kimmi.  Since Spencer was on the outs of her voting bloc, it will be interesting if she has any intention of working with him since they will be coming from the same tribe.  I fully believe Spencer and Stephen team up.  Whether they are successful in getting anyone to join them is another story.  I could see Monica trying to make a move and jump to their side, maybe persuade Kimmi to come along.  However, I think Jeremy should be safe.  I would say one of the girls could be in the most trouble, followed by Stephen.

Angkor: Tough call.  I'm still going with Andrew being in the most danger (he looked to have no visible weight loss and looked exactly the same as he started after arriving home).  I could see them throwing the challenge to oust him.  Funny thing is, I think Tasha is going to be way more of a threat down the road than Andrew.  If Varner throwing shade at Tasha on twitter is truthful and not an attempt to troll fans, maybe they spare Tasha and she betrays them.  Varner is very much a wild card though, and then there is Abi.  I could possibly see PG or Woo getting blindsided as well.

Ta'Keo: Again, another tough call.  It's always a gamble to get rid of someone strong just so you don't have that threat down the road, thinking you have a back up (in this case, Joe getting booted because they have Terry).  Obviously they couldn't have known about Terry's son, but in reality, injuries and medevacs have happened before.  Why chance it?  Kass has nothing to lose.  They may take the safe approach and vote her out.  If they want to keep the tribe strong, then I would say Kass, Ciera, or Keith are the most in danger.  Right now I think it'll be Joe, Kass, or Ciera getting blindsided out (well, maybe not a blindside for Kass so much).  

Jeff Probst mentioned the food challenge in a pre-game interview, so I wonder if that is where Kass heard it from.  However, kind of an odd thing to just bring up so it is very possible she makes it to that challenge.  I'm anxious for the challenge promo/photos to come out, since that will hopefully give a few more clues.  Right now, if I had to pick one from each tribe, I'm going with Andrew on Angkor, Joe on Ta'Keo, and Monica on Bayon. 

Savage will be fine once he tells them he loves his supermodel wife.

• Love 5

This link to inside survivor shows the new tribe divisions.  First glance, looks like Jeremy could be in trouble. 

I agree. I think Stephen and Spencer team up immediately. If Jeremy isn't holding some kind of grudge against Stephen wondering about him disappearing after The Savage Story Corner, he might join in. If not, then S&S can maybe activate Monica or Kimmi and Jeremy gets to hang with Vytas and Shirin.

Wigles appears to me to be an army of one. She does not seem to be catching on to how the game is played now, and doesn't look to be working to figure it out. If someone can secure her vote, they'll likely keep it because it's too much effort to switch alliances.

And I may be totally wrong. I can't wait. I love this show.

Right now, if I had to pick one from each tribe, I'm going with Andrew on Angkor, Joe on Ta'Keo, and Monica on Bayon.

It has to be clear to them, (talking to you Varner) that now is not the time to vote out a threat.  It is always imperative to win but with only 6 it is more crucial.   There are no thoughts "well if we lose it will be an opportunity to boot_____."   For this reason I think Joe is safe should they lose.   Kass (oldest, weakest and asshole) is the likely target.  

Andrew and Monica or Fishburn are my other picks.   

ETA.  Going on Kass talking about food challenge, unless it is this week,  they don't lose. 

Edited by wings707

Looking at the new Tribe alignments, I feel doubly bad for Terry. Actually seems like he was set-up for a nice run in the game.

My guess is that Spencer and Fishbach actually don't end up working together in the new tribe. Because I imagine Spencer will actually want to jump into Bayon's alpha male group with Tasha. If he goes with Fishbach and votes out Jeremy, he really won't have any options come merge time. Can't go with the alpha males, can't really work with the old school on Ta Keo. 

Eliza said in Max's podcast she advised Stephen not to work with Spencer because she felt the producers wanted him to win this season.

Wanted Spencer to win this season?  I can see that I guess, but I can also see them wanting Stephen to win as well.  I wonder if Eliza knows just how well Stephen does and that may be where some of her negative attitude is coming from.  I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up being a pre-merge boot.  The reason I can see Stephen and Spencer aligning is that I believe both will be threats down the road (even if Stephen's edit doesn't show it yet), and they may think it is better to stick together.  However, I can see Spencer wanting to work with Jeremy, and Jeremy may want to ax Stephen.  With what we know about spoilers, there's a chance Jeremy and Spencer make it far so that might make sense.  AS seasons are so hard to predict due to strength not being a #1 priority and pre-game alliances.

• Love 1

I think Eliza absolutely knows just where Stephen ended up this season, and I think it is not good.  I guess she could be doing a long con fakeout and Stephen does do well, but I just can't see her pulling that off.

Edited by pennben

Production may favor someone to win but I don't this show does the degree of manipulation we see on others to produce the outcome they desire.  I believe they are invested in seeing how it all plays out.   It would not serve them to steer it.  The joy is in watching what will happen.  

• Love 1

I think we know when Probst has a favorite or two, and when he dislikes someone. He's pretty vocal about that in challenges. Not that it steers people to a win, but it would probably knock the wind out of me if he were constantly yelling at me to "pick it up! pick it up!"

• Love 1

Production may favor someone to win but I don't this show does the degree of manipulation we see on others to produce the outcome they desire.  I believe they are invested in seeing how it all plays out.   It would not serve them to steer it.  The joy is in watching what will happen.  

I stick with the theory that they can manipulate it short of telling people how to vote/changing the votes.  I'm sure they have people that they think/want/hope will do well (especially in a fan favorite season) but I don't believe they outright rig it.  Though they can probably come close within the rules :)

• Love 1

I stick with the theory that they can manipulate it short of telling people how to vote/changing the votes.  I'm sure they have people that they think/want/hope will do well (especially in a fan favorite season) but I don't believe they outright rig it.  Though they can probably come close within the rules :)

Theres that whole stacey thing from Borneo dunno how true that is.

I think that Stephen's only way of coming back was through second chances, he was not going to be brought back by Production. Spencer was guarenteed to return. I can see Eliza thinking that Spencer would be a favorite of Production.

Eliza's pt was that just as Caramoan was rigged for Cockran (whom she dislikes), she thinks Cambodia is rigged for Spencer.

I dont think Stephen took her advice since he said he would align w/ Spencer pregame. Just like Spencer said the same for Stephen.

• Love 2

Eliza's pt was that just as Caramoan was rigged for Cockran (whom she dislikes), she thinks Cambodia is rigged for Spencer.

I dont think Stephen took her advice since he said he would align w/ Spencer pregame. Just like Spencer said the same for Stephen.

Who is Eliza?

Plus Stephen is in Mongolia and you could tell during the podcast that Stephen wasn't happy with what happened out there and isn't enjoying the season while it's airing. Plus Sophie is commented on his photo asking if it was from loser lodge.

• Love 1

Theres that whole stacey thing from Borneo dunno how true that is.

I kind of use a 'that was then, this is now' mentality when it comes to Stacey.  I don't know if Stacey was telling the truth, and from what I remember, she originally heard the claims from Dirk.  IIRC, Sean denied ever being told how to vote.  He said they would get asked and sometimes pressed as to why they were voting a particular way, but never that they were outright told to change their votes.  Of course, Sean made it farther than Dirk (probably as far as he was going to with being the outsider of the Tagi 4) and probably had more to lose, or at least not be as bitter about.  I don't know if Dirk was bitter, but he might have stuck around longer had Rudy not been there, too.  Hard to say.  However, I could almost believe Stacey's claims.  Yet, by today's standards, I don't know that I believe TPTB would try something like that.  However, as I said, they have ways of influencing the game and possibly changing the outcome just by introducing twists (take last seasons double immunity, brought in at a time when both Mike and Shirin were on the chopping block; even though Shirin lost that immunity, you won't convince me that was just a coincidence).  

Back on topic: when the Survivors all came home, people commented that Shirin and Stephen were among the quietest, along with Kass (and Kelly Wigles, who seems detached from all things technology).  There was a debate whether Shirin/Stephen were trolling fans because everyone was trying to see who was posting pics and who looked the most different, or whether they both did poorly and were very down about it.  We know Shirin is out, so now I am wondering if that is why Stephen was so quiet after returning home.  I can feel for the guy, but Carolyn gave up a job and she didn't even get on!  And I believe other Survivors over the years have given up/postponed things and sometimes were cut at the last minute or were an early boot.  It sucks, but it is a gamble.

• Love 1

IIRC, Stacey's lawsuit was settled out of court, she did get money, and Burnett stopped coming and hanging out on location. He was there all the time during season one, and I have his book about it somwhere... I'll need to give that another read for clues.

I don't think Stephen will last long. He's off by himself too much, and those people always go early.

That's the rumor?  I could see that, and in fact have a theory as to how this happened that I'll take over to 'tinfoil hat'.  Will say that I agree with LadyChatts - I think production will and does do a lot to stack the deck short of flat-out faking the vote.  Not because of legal requirements or, god forbid, 'respect for the game', but practicality.  If they just fixed the vote, this one piece of information would slip out sure as shinola, and it'd sink the show.  You just couldn't count on 20 non-actors to sell 'yeah, that's how I voted' at the reunion, if nothing else.  

I kind of use a 'that was then, this is now' mentality when it comes to Stacey.  I don't know if Stacey was telling the truth, and from what I remember, she originally heard the claims from Dirk.  IIRC, Sean denied ever being told how to vote.  He said they would get asked and sometimes pressed as to why they were voting a particular way, but never that they were outright told to change their votes.  Of course, Sean made it farther than Dirk (probably as far as he was going to with being the outsider of the Tagi 4) and probably had more to lose, or at least not be as bitter about.  I don't know if Dirk was bitter, but he might have stuck around longer had Rudy not been there, too.  Hard to say.  However, I could almost believe Stacey's claims.  Yet, by today's standards, I don't know that I believe TPTB would try something like that.  However, as I said, they have ways of influencing the game and possibly changing the outcome just by introducing twists (take last seasons double immunity, brought in at a time when both Mike and Shirin were on the chopping block; even though Shirin lost that immunity, you won't convince me that was just a coincidence).  

Back on topic: when the Survivors all came home, people commented that Shirin and Stephen were among the quietest, along with Kass (and Kelly Wigles, who seems detached from all things technology).  There was a debate whether Shirin/Stephen were trolling fans because everyone was trying to see who was posting pics and who looked the most different, or whether they both did poorly and were very down about it.  We know Shirin is out, so now I am wondering if that is why Stephen was so quiet after returning home.  I can feel for the guy, but Carolyn gave up a job and she didn't even get on!  And I believe other Survivors over the years have given up/postponed things and sometimes were cut at the last minute or were an early boot.  It sucks, but it is a gamble.

Yes I agree at sometimes they can stack the deck. At times they can't because the challenge is already created so creating an extra track or extra mechanism for a challenge might be too costly and not have enough time. However, like you said with the Mike Shirin thing they didn't have to alter the challenge material at all they simply just made 2 winners. I can believe the two winner thing was added when it Mike and Shirin were in trouble and am not sure if it would have been two winners otherwise. 

As far as Stephen I feel like he is going to last about as far as Rob C did in All-stars everyone knows Stephen studies and knows more about the contestants way more than anyone on the cast. I don't think they want someone like that lasting too long. I will wait for the press photos to make a certain pick this week.  We know this though there is 4 TC between now and the merge and 5 boots total. I think Monica, Savage, Ciera, and Terry are almost locks for 4 of those 5 boots. That puts it down to either Woo, PG, Abi or Stephen for the 5th boot. I think you can make a case for any of those 4. I just don't see how Monica (weak link), Savage (completely outnumbered), Terry (verified quit), or Ciera (looks tired and out of it already could be victim of idol) can make the merge. However this all changes if there is a second swap. Doubt there is though.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 1

Who is Eliza?

Ha!  I'm sorry, but when I saw your question, I thought you were mocking Eliza!  That's one of her things to do when she doesn't like a past contestant.  I had just finished a podcast where Missy/Baylor were mentioned and she was doing a "Who are they, I don't recognize their names" schtick. 

I'm glad someone else answered for you.

Varner might have accidentally spoiled the fact that Tasha makes FTC. He was on periscope earlier and said he didn't respect Tasha and said you can't treat people poorly and expect respect at FTC. He's already deleted the Periscope, which makes it more likely that this is a real spoiler. It definitely corresponds with Tasha's weight loss, and the slightly cool response some of her castmates have been giving her on social media. The edit she's getting definitely could be setting her up to be the loser at FTC.