Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Next season will be returning players as voted on by fans. And I'm speculating some Production picked contestants as well, but that's not confirmed.

Here's the list of contestants for the vote:

Women: Kelly Wigglesworth (Borneo - S1), Kimmi Kappenberg (Ausralian Outback - S2), Teresa Cooper (Africa - S3), Peih-Gee Law (China - S15), Monica Padilla (Somoa - S19), Stephanie Valencia (Redemption Island - S22), Natalie Tenerelli (Redemption island - S22), Mikayla Wingle (South Pacific - S23), Chelsea Meissner (One World - S24), Sabrina Thompson (One World - S24), Abi-Maria Gomes (Philippines - S25), Angie Layton (Philippines - S25), Ciera Eastin (Blood vs. Water - S27), Tasha Fox (Cagayan - S28), J'Tia Taylor (Cagayan - S28), Kass McQuillen (Cagayan - S28), Kelley Wentworth (San Juan del Sur - S29)

Men: Greg Bruis (Borneo - S1), Jeff Varner (Australian Outback - S2), Andrew Savage (Pearl Islands - S7), Shane Powers (Panama - S12), Terry Deitz (Panama - S12), Stephen Fishbach (Tocantins - S18), Jim Rice (South Pacific - S23), Troy Robertson (One World - S24), Hayden Moss (Big Brother S12, Blood vs. Water - S27), Brad Culpepper (Blood vs. Water - S27), Vytas Baskauskas (Blood vs. Water - S27), Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan - S28), Cliff Robinson (Cagayan - S28), Woo Hwang (Cagayan - S28), Jeremy Collins (San Juan del Sur - S29), Keith Nale (San Juan del Sur - S29)

There's also still 4 males (3 from this season) and 3 females (2 from this season).

Edited by peachmangosteen

The voting hasn't started yet because this list hasn't been made public by CBS. The list was complied a well known spoiler who has a pretty good track record of spoiling cast info. He has the names of the S31 players but he won't release them until the season is over due to a promise he made to his source.

(edited)

They aren't including winners, so I'm guessing that's why we don't know who is from Worlds Apart yet.

Duh! Good point.

Who does everyone think is a lock to get picked? Spencer and Stephen are definites. I think Abi-Maria and Kass are, too, if Production picks some.

I hope some of the early season people get picked like Kelly, Kimmy, and Greg. Plus we need Shane for sheer insanity.

(edited)

I think if I drew up a list of former players who I either don't care about or actively hope never to see again, it would look a lot like that list.

LOL. But seriously there is a decent chunk of this list that is just awful. 

On one hand I'm glad they didn't include winners but on the other hand Kim.

Damn, I've been watching the show for too long. After the first few names, everything is a blur to me. And Kimmi Kappenberg? Wow, that's a blast from the past.

There are five slot from Worlds Apart? It should be interesting to see those people take up time at the Reunion, trying to get a head-start on the campaigning.

• Love 1
(edited)

There are parts of those lists that make me really excited: Kelly W (has she ever been asked back before?; maybe they realize they need to redeem the Kelly name), Kimmi (loud mouth or not I actually loved her and was disappointed she didn't make the merge), Peih-Gee, Shane, Greg (he had the original coconut phone, while Shane had the blackberry), Spencer, Tasha, Jeff, Andrew, and Vytas.  The rest are either 'meh' or 'please no'.  Not sure who would be included from WA, though I'm guessing the likes of Joe and Jenn would be on that list, assuming neither of them win.  Maybe even Joaquin, since he's mentioned in post show interviews about wanting to come back.  I do question Greg Buis, since he's been asked to return before and seemed to have moved on.

What exactly do TPTB have against the Guatemala season?  I enjoyed that one, and yet I think that's the only one not to have any reps in any AS/half AS season that they've had since.  I don't count Stephenie, since she was originally Palau.

I am at least glad to be seeing people that have only played the game once.  I wouldn't have minded winners on this list.  I do wish we had more reps from the early seasons, though.  That's why I'm thinking/hoping the producers have some influence in picks, because otherwise I don't know that the early castoffs will get much fanfare.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a feeling production is going to be a lot more involved in picking the cast than people might accept. There is no way they are going to let the viewers pick the entire cast. I also don't think they are going to pass on the chance to bring back two of the original survivors (Kelly and Greg) so in my opinion those two are probably a lock.

In regards to the S31 contestants, one of them apparently is a pre-merge player and many have speculated that this is either Max or Vince.  

Edited by LanceM

I do question Greg Buis, since he's been asked to return before and seemed to have moved on.

Redmond did say that Greg isn't 100% confirmed.

I think for BB All Stars they had the audience pick half and then Production picked half and I suspect that's how this season will go, too. Because, like with BB, I imagine most of the audience picks will be from the recent seasons and Production will definitely want people from farther back in the mix.

I suspect to see Mike from this season in there, unless he wins. I could see Rodney, maybe Dan, Joe, Jenn, Hali, and Shirin as possibilities.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have a feeling production is going to be a lot more involved in picking the cast than people might accept. There is no way they are going to let the viewers pick the entire cast. I also don't think they are going to pass on the chance to bring back two of the original survivors (Kelly and Greg) so in my opinion those two are probably a lock.

In regards to the S31 contestants, one of them apparently is a pre-merge player and many have speculated that this is either Max or Vince.  

I would much rather see Vince over Max.  I wouldn't be surprised for Max to really push for his return, but if it happens I'm hoping he gets bounced earlier than this season.  I did read that some of these were questionable and not 100% confirmed.  Seeing Kelly's name actually surprised me, though she's one choice I am 1000% onboard with. 

Edited by LadyChatts

Oh good, no RC. I couldn't listen to her non-stop yammering or her annoying laugh again.

No Culpepper, please.

And why should people who made the final two or three be asked back? I'd keep it for people who got close but not all the way.

• Love 3

That list is terrible.  Approximately two likeable women (Sabrina and Peih-Gee) and only Fishbach among the men I'd genuinely like to see back.  Though I did skip S27 and S29 so maybe some of those people don't suck.  And FIVE options from this entirely forgettable cast?  The worst thing about Survivor is Survivor's producers.

• Love 1
(edited)

What exactly do TPTB have against the Guatemala season?  I enjoyed that one, and yet I think that's the only one not to have any reps in any AS/half AS season that they've had since.  I don't count Stephenie, since she was originally Palau.

Jamie has said he was considered for BvW, but his twin couldn't do it and he didn't have a partner.

ETA  I don't think the list is horrible. I think it has a good list of people. I could do without seeing Savage, Vytas, Brad, and Terry again  I'm excited for the possibility of seeing Varner and John Cody play again.   I think the female side is a lot stronger than the male side which is surprising since it's usually the other way around. I think I would be fine with the majority of females that are on the list. I do hope Peih-Gee gets on. I'm surprised Brad is considering playing again because of his legal issues that stemmed from him playing the first time.

Edited by choclatechip45

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Peih-Gee, Stephanie Valencia (who seemed to have a decent mind for the game, despite having poor taste in allies and being annoying) and Mikayla. I'm not sure why Woo is in consideration, as I don't think he brought much to the game at all.

Woo was an open-mouthed follower who didn't seem to be all there, all of the time. I'm not sure why he's being brought back into consideration either.

I'll be supporting Abi and doing what I can to help her get votes, as she's a personal friend, and has always been there for me when I needed her.

• Love 4

J'Tia?  In hell's name, why?  And Culpeper?  No, just no.

Where's Rob C?  Is the baby too young?

Question: Usually when they do the finale of a Survivor season, they've already filmed the next season. If they have to wait till the end of this season before they found out which players from WA will be in the voting, how long will it take before the next season airs?

• Love 1
(edited)

Cesternino's played twice, so he's supposedly not eligible.  Which is good, but they should allow winners  I remain bummed he and Nicole weren't on BvW.  .  I'd love more Yul, Earl, and Kim for example.

Edited by enlightenedbum
(edited)

J'Tia?  In hell's name, why?  And Culpeper?  No, just no.

Where's Rob C?  Is the baby too young?

Question: Usually when they do the finale of a Survivor season, they've already filmed the next season. If they have to wait till the end of this season before they found out which players from WA will be in the voting, how long will it take before the next season airs?

That confused me as well, because S31 is reportedly filming right now in Cambodia.  However, someone on here mentioned that they would likely just flip the seasons, and push what was supposed to be S31 to S32 and air it in the spring.  I guess the idea is it would be confusing to fans to vote on this season, and then have to wait almost a year for it to air (especially since spoilers will likely leak).  Depending when they are filming, I still think it might be pushing it.  Probst mentioned in an interview prior to this season starting, that they had twists planned for S31 and 32 that they hadn't used yet, and it was another idea they toyed with.  I don't know how privy past contestants are to info like that, but I did wonder if they wanted to be able to spring whatever new twists were on the returning players first, and not letting them get a chance to see how they might impact their game.  If they are being used in S31, maybe that was another motive to flip the seasons around so they'd be brand new to the returnees.  One thing that makes me a tad leary about these types of seasons, is that often times people I absolutely adored and were on my all time favorites list wind up hugely disappointing me the second time around.

I would have loved to have seen Rob get another chance.  His season aired so close to AS, that I think had there been more of a gap, maybe he wouldn't have been such a target.  Of course, when it all comes down to alliances, you can get screwed playing 20 seasons later, no matter how your first round went.  Does anyone know, besides BvsW, if he was ever asked to return for any other seasons that featured past contestants?  J'Tia was a surprise, but she was memorable.  For probably the wrong reasons, but no one will forget J'Tia.  Given the fact that Angie Layton is on this list, that's why I believe some of these names are just fodder, to get people to vote for others.  I know some of the people on that list were considered for other seasons, and either had to drop out or were bumped.  So it's not too surprising.  I will be curious who the S30 contestants are.  Never liked Culpepper, but anyone coming in designating themselves their own nickname or wanting to be called by their last name only usually earns them automatic dislike from me.  That was just a minor reason why I didn't like the guy, he had enough other reasons to make me hope that I never had to see him again.

Edited by LadyChatts

Given all the publicity swirling around Culpepper about taking taxpayer money for his supposed football injuries -- and appearing on Survivor doing all kinds of athletic things with apparently no problems -- I cannot believe the show would allow him anywhere near a camera. And if he's stupid enough to go there, he deserves what may come of it.

• Love 5

More I think about it, the more this had a super straight forward solution.  Hold six votes.

1) Men from seasons 1-10, eliminating previous returners

2) Women from same

3) Men from 11-20, again eliminating previous returners

etc.

Then just go down the list until you've got three from each who agree to show up.  Three tribe set up is obvious, you eliminate recency bias and you don't have your idiot producer's preferences shading things.  If your audience is dumb and picks people I don't like that makes me sad, but it's better than the show killing my interest.

• Love 1

Any idea as to when the voting would start? I'm guessing right after the Reunion. I would be eager to see how the campaigning is done.

Also . . . why is J'Tia on the list? Didn't she quit the game? Even if she did, Probst and Burnett would be psyched to put her on for the drama.

(edited)

I believe they are going to announce it during the reunion.  That's when they do the reveal for the upcoming season anyway, and since there will be past/current Survivors vying for the slots, what better way to give them a little face time and pimp the season more?  Especially those that came from seasons way back.  I do hope Probst doesn't do a ton of focus on past Survivors, including those the producers plan to hand pick/pimp like crazy to get voted on.  

J'Tia didn't quit, but she brought the crazy.  She was the one who threw the rice in the fire.  And she sucked completely at challenges.  I think she's one of the earliest people voted off on that list.

Edited by LadyChatts

Thanks for the list, peachmangosteen!

The are a number of people there that I would be happy to see back, because I'm curious about how they would adjust their game after their first try, how they would function in a situation very different from their first season's and what they have learned about the game/themselves since their first appearance. Namely:

Women: Peig-Gee, Chelsea, Ciera, but also Kelley (despite the curse, maybe the spelling can offer some kind of protection against it) and even J'Tia (who was very much a wildcard/joker during her season but who won me over after her eviction by showing a great sense of humour and a solid self-awareness when interviewed by Parvati). 

Men: Andrew Savage, Shane (please, please, please...), Troy (has he matured yet?), Hayden (seemed to have good game instincts), Vytas (has he matured yet? does he still need to overcome his brother complex or can he play as his own person?), Woo (will he, like JT before him, do a complete 180, or will he prefer to stick to his nice man image for the sake of his real life?).

A few years ago I would have added Stephen (JT's eminence grise) to the list, but he soured me over after the vitriol thrown at Andrea after Francesca was voted out first for the second time in a row. Plus I suspect he wouldn't last long anyway. The JT/Stephen pair was magical but I doubt any of them can now make it far on his own.

Season 7 was my first and I've been hooked since, but on reputation I'd love to see the original Kelly. Maybe her reappearance will lift the curse!

It kinds of makes sense that TPTB want to be able to add to the list of those chosen by the public. Not necessarily to add their chosen ones (althought that too) but also (maybe more so) in order to balance the teams in terms of age, strengh, etc.  

• Love 2

Geez, you're right. That's disappointing. Are there only 5 POCs? And I doubt that the 5 from this season will change that too much.

I'm bored so I'm gonna list who I would like to see for this season.

Women: Kelly, Kimmi, Peih Gee, Sabrina, Abi Maria, Ciera, Tasha, J'Tia, Kass 

Men: Greg, Shane, Terry (who I hate but I'm interested in seeing play again), Hayden, Spencer, Woo, Keith

Honestly I'd rather have more women than men because the men to pick from mostly suck IMO. 

• Love 1

I'm not surprised.  Unfortunately, contestants that are POC haven't been the most memorable or highly regarded compared to some of their counterparts.  I would somewhat disagree, as there are many from the diverse-heavy seasons of Cook Islands and Fiji (for example) that I would like to see get another go 'round.  But the ones I'm thinking of likely don't fall on TPTB radar at the end of the day.  In the early days, it used to be the running joke that there were the two token slots taken by an African-American male and female, just so people wouldn't complain about the lack of diversity.  I will say that while I'm super happy these will all be second-time players going in, I don't like that they are excluding winners.  As long as the winners haven't played more than once, I wouldn't have minded including them.  Specifically, if she would have came back, I would have liked to have seen Natalie return.

I wonder if its some sort of weird joke TPTB are playing on Culpepper to include him on the list given his pending lawsuit.  I for one hope he doesn't even come close, but I'm really surprised he would even risk it given the circumstances.

I knew I was probably missing some, but yea, that's still pretty sad in a group of 32.

Considering how pathetically low minority representation is on this show to begin with, 25% is actually higher than I would have predicted. The first Allstars only had two!

Regardless of who ends up making it in, I find it refreshing to have one-timers only eligible. Not a single person needs to see Amanda or Ozzy for a fourth time.

That said, Kimmi, Angie, Mikayla and J'Tia don't really bring much more to the game than pure novelty for me. They were funny and moderately entertaining their first time, but do we really need to see them again? If they were going this route, I would have much preferred to see Sandy, Leslie, Angie Jakusz, Lindsey Richter, or even the odious Lisi as candidates. Stephanie, however, is a great representative for this type of returning player.

I generally quite like Natalie and Chelsea, but they weren't particularly excellent players or riveting personalities, so I'd be bummed to see them steal a spot from somebody more interesting.

I'm thrilled to see Teresa, Monica, Sabrina and Wentworth, as I find them all likeable and underrated as players. Of them, I would be most excited to see T-Bird return.

I'm fairly confident that Wigglesworth, Peih-Gee, Abi, Ciera, Tasha and Kass are locks, and I am happy with all of them.

The guys are definitely weaker in terms of gameplay, and it's a lot harder to pinpoint who will make it. I would love to see Varner, Shane, Stephen, Hayden, Spencer and Jeremy, but I fear that Culpepper, Terry and Cliff have very good chances. The only person I think has zero chance is Jim. Which... good.

Most disappointed not to see Erinn, Kelly Goldsmith (who apparently just had twins, so that is understandable), Tracy, Ashley Underwood, Michelle Yi and Brian Corridan.

• Love 2
(edited)

That said, Kimmi, Angie, Mikayla and J'Tia don't really bring much more to the game than pure novelty for me. They were funny and moderately entertaining their first time, but do we really need to see them again? If they were going this route, I would have much preferred to see Sandy, Leslie, Angie Jakusz, Lindsey Richter, or even the odious Lisi as candidates. Stephanie, however, is a great representative for this type of returning player.

The guys are definitely weaker in terms of gameplay, and it's a lot harder to pinpoint who will make it. I would love to see Varner, Shane, Stephen, Hayden, Spencer and Jeremy, but I fear that Culpepper, Terry and Cliff have very good chances. The only person I think has zero chance is Jim. Which... good.

Most disappointed not to see Erinn, Kelly Goldsmith (who apparently just had twins, so that is understandable), Tracy, Ashley Underwood, Michelle Yi and Brian Corridan.

I loved Tracy.  Out of all my favorite players, she is definitely one who I felt got screwed by the season she wound up on.  Being in a FvsF break down, and then getting saddled with Chet and Kathy because the youngin's made a cool-kids crew, I believe there was so much more to her and her game than she was able to show.  I had always and will always hope to see her return.  Kelly G. was another favorite of mine, and the only other Kelly that I remember and was fully rooting for.  Congrats to her on her babies!  It makes me feel old when I go to look up past contestants and see how much older they are now, and that the vast majority have obviously settled down with careers/kids/marriage.  And Angie J.!  Why oh why couldn't Palau have had a stupid tribe swap?  Out of all seasons, that one needed it desperately.  I liked Angie pre-show, but was super impressed with her challenge skills and personality.  I wish she had gotten another shot.  Instead of the FvsF they did for season 16, as good of a season it was, I would have rather seen another AS season with the casts from S9-15.  There are a lot of players from that time frame that I liked but have never gotten a second shot.  Different circumstances and they might have.  From Fiji, I actually would like to see Stacy over Michelle, though I liked them both.  I know that season wasn't popular with fans or producers, but I think there were a lot of good characters from it that would be interesting to see another time.  I even include Dreamz in that. 

I agree with those that the men's side is much weaker.  Of the men, the ones I would be most interested in seeing back are: Greg Buis, Jeff Varner, Andrew Savage, Shane Powers, Stephen Fishbach, Spencer Bledsoe, Cliff Robertson, Jeremy Collins, and potentially whoever they cast from this season.  From the ladies side: Kelly Wiglesworth, Teresa Cooper, Peih-Gee Law, Stephanie Valencia, Abi-Maria Gomes, Ciera Eastin, Tasha Fox, Kelley Wentworth, and whoever they decide to cast from this season.  I have a feeling I'll have a couple of favorites in the running from the current group.

Edited by LadyChatts

I'm not crazy about an all-returnees show, but the list makes me happy in that the words "Wade" and "Ben" (not in that order) don't appear.

Nothing that looks like "Boneham" either. I thought returnee shows were ONLY to let CBS give Rupert money.

Please no Abi-Maria or J'Tia.

• Love 2

I was really hoping Michelle and Erinn would be contenders. Maybe one of them is the missing woman.

This list isn't 100% confirmed, right?  There's some people missing off here that I would love to see back, so I'm hopeful that a few names are wrong.  And I'm curious, if the current season doesn't end on a positive note, if they would replace someone from the S30 cast that was originally selected with an alternate.

OK, fantasy casting time!

Rules:

1) Previous returners are eliminated

2) Players must make the merge, unless I arbitrarily decide they don't have to

3) Winners allowed

4) 3 men and 3 women from each 10 shows, unless I feel like slightly extending that (for one guy in particular)

First 10 seasons:

Ian (Palau) - the easiest call here.  I think he played about as well as you can for 36 days and then fell apart.  Plus he was funny.  Would like to see the slightly more mature version.

Jeff (Australia) - intriguing dude, sometimes funny, see the next note.

Brian (Guatemala) - season 11, but I don't like a lot of early season dudes they haven't already brought back.  So we're stretching one season to grab Brian.

Kelly (Borneo) - Original challenge monster.

Teresa (Africa) - Pretty solid scrambler who was put in a tough situation.

Twila (Vanuatu) - Secretly kind of an awesome curmudgeon who hated bullshitting and bullshitters.  Basically Eliza + 25 years or so, which is hilarious if you think about it.

Middle seasons:

Yul (Cook Islands) - I think he's the best player ever and would like to see him try to match Sandra's feat.

Earl (Fiji) - Top 5 player for me.

Stephen (Tocantins) - Probably slightly overrated and would go about where Cesternino did in All-Stars (appropriately), but I'd like to see it.

Erinn (Tocantins) - Was generally pretty awesome.

Michelle (Fiji) - The single most unfairly screwed by production person in the game.  Would Michelle and Earl being on the same tribe be completely unfair?  Probably.  Do I care?  No.

Natalie (Samoa) - I think was secretly a very good player and I'd like to see away from a camera time dominant asshole troll.

Also considered: Tracy (Micronesia)

Later seasons:

Marty (Nicaragua) - Was at least an interesting character.  And the dudes in later seasons are NOT appealing, though admittedly I've skipped two of them.

Spencer (Cagayan) - He was reasonably smart.

Mike (Redemption Island) - I guess?

Ashley (Redemption Island) - I almost violated the no returners rule because I still really like Andrea, but we'll take Ashley.  Not quite as appealing, but a similar player.

Kim (One World) - My pick to win.

Sabrina (One World) - This is also not super fair, but whatever.

Also considered: Sophie (South Pacific), Jay (One World)

• Love 1

Considering how pathetically low minority representation is on this show to begin with, 25% is actually higher than I would have predicted. The first Allstars only had two!

Regardless of who ends up making it in, I find it refreshing to have one-timers only eligible. Not a single person needs to see Amanda or Ozzy for a fourth time.

I generally quite like Natalie and Chelsea, but they weren't particularly excellent players or riveting personalities, so I'd be bummed to see them steal a spot from somebody more interesting.

I'm thrilled to see Teresa, Monica, Sabrina and Wentworth, as I find them all likeable and underrated as players. Of them, I would be most excited to see T-Bird return.

Ashley Underwood (S22) is preggers.

OK I've watched Survivor since S2 but Monica, Stephanie, Natalie, Mikayla, Chelsea and Sabrina? I can't even remember one thing they've done or why they're on this list?

Not memorable AT ALL to me.

There are two very big reasons why Chelsea is on that list and despite what Tarzan said, she is very happy with her purchase.

• Love 1

This is seriously underwhelming.  There are more "HELL NO!"s than yeses for me, that's for sure.  Kelly, Greg, Tasha and Spencer are pretty much the only ones I'd be excited for.  Vytas and Hayden would be acceptable.  Please NO Kass, Woo, Abi, J'Tia or Culpepper.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since I expect Joe Anglim to get voted off soon, I hope he's on next season.

I would be absolutely shocked if Joe was not on that list.  The only way I could see that happening is if he declined the offer.  However, I am a little nervous about him being on right after his season aired.  Joe hasn't had much of a social game, but a lot has been made of his challenge ability.  And he does seem like a very nice guy.  But I worry he will be a very early boot, just to get him out of the way for later.  A few seasons down the road, maybe someone would come along to take the pressure off of him a little bit.  I just don't want him to return, get booted very early because he's deemed a threat, and then never get another chance again.  I mean, it can always be the hand you're dealt, too, so he may just wind up on the wrong side of numbers like this season is going for him.

Since I'm not feeling great about Jenn's chances, I wouldn't be surprised if she's on there.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I am really shocked to see Kelly Wigglesworth on that list.  I remember her doing an interview were she said she was living in Mexico (I think) and she had not watched the show at all.  If they get her and Greg from the first season that is a huge coup for them.

If they are doing a twenty person cast I would like to see from the current list:

Kelly, Peih-Gee, Chelsea, Sabrina, Abi-Maria, Tasha, Kass, Kimmi, Ciera, and Kelley for the women.

Greg, Jeff V., Savage, Shane, Troy, Vytas, Spencer, Cliff, Jeremy, and Terry for the men.

Edited by BK1978

Greg would be a disappointment for me.  I just re-watched that season and he comes across incredibly fake and the most "look at me!" player in the pre-Coach Wade era.  Including Rupert.

I agree but he was on the show when it was huge.  I mean I did not watch the first season when it first aired and I knew who he was.  Fans have been wanting him to come back for years now, so if TPTB really can bring him back it would be good for them.

I actually really want Crazy Shane, Peih-Gee and Troy to come back.  Shane for the entertainment value and Peih-Gee and Troy just because I think they played pretty good games despite the numbers not being in their favor.

• Love 1