Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: The Longevity Initiative

• Start Topic

How long will it take Lizzie to figure out that a mysterious syndicate is underwriting these experiments?

If she's not the one providing all the introductory information first, I think she'll need half the epiosde, at least.

• Love 1

How long will it take Lizzie to figure out that a mysterious syndicate is underwriting these experiments?

Well, her first conversation with Red will probably be about herself, so I'm going to say it will take her until roughly halfway through their second conversation.

Well, her first conversation with Red will probably be about herself, so I'm going to say it will take her until roughly halfway through their second conversation.

Probably like this...

Red: Have you asked yourself how this man could possibly afford all this equipment?

Liz: What are you trying to say?

Red: Aaarrggghhhh

• Love 6

Probably like this...

Red: Have you asked yourself how this man could possibly afford all this equipment?

Liz: What are you trying to say?

Red: Aaarrggghhhh

Or...

Red: Liz, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. They're trying to bring about immortality, for crying out loud.

Liz: You know, I still don't think you truly care about me.

Red: *gaze of emotional intensity*

Liz: Say, did Tom mention anything about truly caring for me? He did, didn't he?

Red: *rolls eyes* *sigh* Is Ressler around?

• Love 8

I was bothered by the conversation Harold had with the doctor running the trial. No board of ethics would allow a study to stop treatment on someone if it appears that they are responding to it. That's part of the deal you have to make when you undergo human trials.

I've completely lost track of what Tom is supposed to be up to. So he's trying to work his way back into Lizzie's life again? He's an interesting character, but I just can't really care about this plotline.

Speaking of Lizzie, I thought her formal background was in psychology (not just profiler but an actual degree in psychology). So it would seem like she had a pretty good opportunity to put her skills to use when she was talking to the solitaire guy. Instead she just kind of talked pointlessly at him and then went back to Ressler to say she had gotten nothing.

• Love 4

So wait, the billionaire pays the doctor to work on something, the doctor works on something else entirely, and "according to the law" that makes the billionaire a murderer? The only problem being that Lizzie can't prove anything? I am not a lawyer, but doesn't inability to prove his guilt make him NOT a murderer in the legal sense? I.e., "according to the law"? Did she study the law in the same class where she bested everybody in profiling?

I was bothered by the conversation Harold had with the doctor running the trial. No board of ethics would allow a study to stop treatment on someone if it appears that they are responding to it. That's part of the deal you have to make when you undergo human trials.

Yes, that would be unimaginably unethical. It might also expose the hospital to a lawsuit they'd never be able to defend themselves in. 

• Love 1

So wait, the billionaire pays the doctor to work on something, the doctor works on something else entirely, and "according to the law" that makes the billionaire a murderer? The only problem being that Lizzie can't prove anything? I am not a lawyer, but doesn't inability to prove his guilt make him NOT a murderer in the legal sense? I.e., "according to the law"? Did she study the law in the same class where she bested everybody in profiling?

LOL! Though to be fair to the episode writers, the billionaire knowing the doctor was doing unapproved human trials of a radical treatment, (even if he didn't know the true details of what the doc was trying to do,) would make him legally culpable in those deaths since he clearly *did* know the doctor was exceeding ethical/legal guidelines.

Red: Liz, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. They're trying to bring about immortality, for crying out loud.

Liz: You know, I still don't think you truly care about me.

Red: *gaze of emotional intensity*

Liz: Say, did Tom mention anything about truly caring for me? He did, didn't he?

Red: *rolls eyes* *sigh* Is Ressler around?

LMAO.  I swear the one thing that pleased me about next week's promo is that maybe just MAYBE we'll finally get this stupid Red/Liz/Tom thing sorted out once and for all.  I love Ryan's work but really.

Hey, Ralph Brown!  It was only just about a month ago, you were terrorizing everyone as Dr. Ivchenko on Agent Carter.  You character wasn't much nicer here.

I only really paid attention to the Tom/Major stuff.  Way too FBI heavy, and it felt like Red was barely in there.

I really do not like this Harold stuff.

So, I'm guessing Lizzie opening the bottle means Ressler is who she considers important in her life as well.  I bet Tom is going to love that.

Glad to see Aram and Samar are putting their skills to use, by doing things like getting red velvet cupcakes for Lizzie's birthday!  A good use of their time!  Sigh...

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

That was a terrible opening.   If you are running bodies to upstate New York under the guise of produce delivery, put the bodies way in the back BEHIND the produce boxes so they aren't easily found.  That one stupid decision by the driver/henchmen of the lab guy got him caught and forced him to kill a cop.

Big surprise -- dead bodies with the skulls opened up.  Ooooooh, scary !!!

For one thing, if this was just a regular old traffic stop, why would another unit with lights blazing be coming along so soon ?  Almost like it was sitting around the corner waiting for the cue from the director of the episode.

Of course the rich tech-billionaire, Roger Hobbs, is doing something he shouldn't be doing -- didn't we do this once already with the Mombasa Cartel episode ?

Wow -- I'm surprised Lizzie didn't hurt herself jumping to that conclusion of Gold Crown Pharmaceuticals from the King of Diamonds.  Unless he was wearing a giant gold crown on his jacket, that's a hell of a reach.  He could have meant the Blue Diamond almond rep. was there, but since there are no blue diamonds in the deck so it's the best he could do. </snark>

Why would Loyd (why only one 'L' ?) Munroe buy a bus ticket from Buffalo to Montreal ?  Unless he carries his passport with him all the time, he's not going to make it across the border.  Big continuity surprise -- the date stamp on the credit card statement indicated that the ticket was bought on March 25, 2015. 

How do heavily tatted-up neo-Nazis get into the country so easy ?  Did they come up through Mexico ?  Let alone how did they knew where Tom was.

If Roger Hobbs is such a famous tech billionaire, how come Loyd didn't know who he was ?

I thought Lizzie's head was going to explode with all that transgenic 'splaining by the M.E.

Of course Red is tight with Roger Hobbs.

Awwwwwww ... Tom keeps a picture of the baby he and Lizzie were going to adopt in his wallet.   Why exactly ?

Big non-surprise with Cooper -- he feels better, blows off Tom Connolly and "suddenly" Cooper is out of the drug trials.  How did Harold not see that coming ?

Couldn't they have found a nicer room to interrogate Roger Hobbs ?  Because that cage kind of sucked balls.  Did they really expect Hobbs to bolt ?  Plus, why bring Hobbs back to the super-secret Post Office ?

Red is always two steps ahead of Lizzie.  So I was surprised when Red had no idea that Julian Powell would kill himself -- Red should have seen that coming after all the "I failed her" talk.  How long before Lizzie is "done with Red" once again.

Ressler asks Lizzie why she didn't go out to dinner with her friends -- what friends ?  Have we ever seen Lizzie with any girl friends ?   But Ressler mentions Lizzie's dog -- do we actually know its alive ?

That wine bottle was half empty before Lizzie started pouring, despite the fact that they clinked cups in a "cheers"-like manner.   Did Lizzie guzzle the top half of the bottle ?

Tom is in Lizzie's room because he has nowhere else to go.  Boo hoo.  So, did Tom kill the dog in Lizzie's motel room ?  Because I didn't hear any barking when she got home.

Per the preview at the end of the episode, the last 60 seconds of next week's episode are must see.  Sure whatever, they've trolled the viewers with crap like that before and it meant nothing.

• Love 1

So we're seeing Roger Hobbs again. Red's "dark cloud" talk sure seemed awfully prophetic, although I wonder how much of it I wanted it to be true. Great to see Ralph Brown again, but Hobbs truly wasn't an interesting character. Perhaps the only hope here is that Hobbs was poorly developed and was a one-dimensional corporate slimeball...ho hum. I half wanted Red to blow him away to put us out of our misery, but nothing doing.

(Sidebar: I really would have loved it if Hobbs' right-hand man was named Calvin, but I'll take what I can get)

The case itself was really ho hum too. I'm guessing the show wanted us to think the rudimentary "fountain of youth" story would be entertaining if it's littered with "cool" stuff like jellyfish (whose characteristic is true by the way- the Turritopsis dohrnii actually can revert itself back to its initial stage (the polyp) and live its life again, although the caveat here is that this characteristic has only been observed in a lab, not "in the field"), but I didn't think so. There was ample opportunity to really dig in to the ethics of immortality, but instead we got a pedestrian explanation that this whole thing was just a cover for the doctor's research into trying to rejuvanate his wife, which actually failed. Lizzie and Ressler, too, despite all their exhortations that the lives they're saving matter, didn't really seem to care all that much about the actual victims themselves...they were "just another victim of a crazy lunatic".

I suppose the show opted for a pedestrain case so it could drop a "bombshell" later so that Red can explain he's interested in the crazy doctor's research just so he can help Lizzie but it felt hollow to me. We've seen Red obsess several times for Lizzie and look wistfully like he did in this episode, so I don't really think we learned a lot of new things.

One thing I did appreciate- and I wished this was established in Season 1, not now- was the sidebar story with Connolly and Cooper. Good that Ressler caught on to Cooper's seeming betrayal of justice, but I thought Connolly's move was a reminder that even your motives are just, the path isn't easy. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again- this is a show filled with unscrupulous characters where you can play with the question of what truly is "right" and "wrong", and that to do the right thing may require having to do some wrong. It also presents the wonderful opportunity- through Tom and Red- to show that no one truly ever is "good" or "bad"- we're all somewhere in between. Connolly's move was shady, but it was a nice reminder of who Cooper- and his team- really are dealing with. I do hope that even if Connolly isn't long for this show (it's an inevitability, I'm afraid), the show at least continues along the path of "black and grey morality"- when one of their central characters is a "bad guy", they have no choice.

Speaking of the bad guy...Tom, or Jacob or Christoph or whomever he is...he's a really great character. Ryan Eggold really gets the conflicted "compromised good guy" role really well and it's a joy to watch. The problem in this episode was that the story didn't make any sense- why did his German pals come to the U.S.? To remind "Eggold's character" that he's in trouble? I really didn't think they were necessary, and they didn't even add to the plot- it seemed like an excuse just to show a bloodied "Eggold's character" and cut open his thigh. I did like seeing him inflitrate Lizzie's motel room...whomever he is, he is desperately trying to make amends.

Then we get to Red...he really didn't do much in this episode, and it's a shame. The last few weeks I appreciated the fact he was in the background as other characters took centre-stage, because the story demanded it...here...I think we really needed to see him more involved. Most of the episode was lifeless and punchless, and Red could have been useful in the investigation. Hopefully next week reverses this.

Finally...Lizzie's birthday. Nothing special here, considering the whole "careerist who's too busy to properly celebrate her birthday" has been done to death before and this wasn't an especially novel telling of that story. Still, though, it was great seeing Lizzie wonder how her life became so messed up, especially because we got another nugget about her (perhaps her admission that she finished top of her class only for it to mean nothing in the real world is the writers admitting they screwed up with her character), and Ressler was nice to celebrate her birthday with her. I liked Lizzie having to make a wine choice, but I expected Ressler or Lizzie to gag after drinking it...I mean, it was an old wine after all...

Ultimately...I really wish they'd have a few episodes, at least, here and there where they'd ditch the "Case of the Week" entirely and just deal with the storylines of the characters, because they're far more interesting. Early on, it was fun and provided a nice insight into the world of Red and his struggles, but I think now, with the characters sufficiently developed and storylines established about them, I'm not sure we need stuff like jellyfish-obsessed scientists to get us to tune in every week. We're clearly at the part of the show where simply asking "what's 'Eggold's character' up to?" will draw viewers. After a while, every monster becomes the same, just with different methods, so it's important to flesh out the characters. Plus I think we've got some really good characters with some really good stories- "Eggold's character", Red, Cooper, Connolly- that could use expanding, so I really think the show ought to devote a few episodes fleshing those stories out and ditching the Monster of the Week, because by now they just get in the way.

(Sidebar: I really would have loved it if Hobbs' right-hand man was named Calvin, but I'll take what I can get)

Maybe their research would have had more success had they employed a Transmogrifier.

Red gives Liz a bottle of '82 Belchfort (or whatever it was).  She mentions that it's 31 years old.  Addition continuity, anyone?

Non-talking patient signals the King in his solitaire game.  Liz:  "Yes, sir, my name is Agent Keen.  Can you tell me anything about your friend?"  Patient signals the King again.  "Oh, right", she says,  "But wait a minute.  The Kings write for a completely different television show.  I'm confused."  Patient reshuffles and hands her two aces and two eights.

• Love 2

Last week I speculated that Cooper would avoid sweets to maintain his cover as a diabetic. This week, Aram brings 31 cupcakes and I don't recall seeing Cooper eat any! I guess they couldn't have mentioned the diabetes because that would have been confusing with the focus on Cooper's tumor but I still had to laugh at how predictable this show is sometimes.

Tom walked into and out of a murder charge last week and this week manages to talk the neo-nazis out of torturing him. Who is he afraid of?

Lance Henriksen walks away too? Jesus H. Christ, at this rate it's going to take a Xenomorph, a Predator and the Terminator to kill him!

I guess Lizzie's home brewing experiment turned out okay considering how she and Ressler guzzled that bottle. Isn't there some law against government employees drinking on the clock? And did Lizzie get a new office? I don't recall seeing her in that space before.

The dog is still alive? Has Paul Reubens been looking after it?

It seems the producers have realized it's been a while since we've been treated to a good gory episode. Thanks guys, I wasn't hungry anyway.

• Love 1

OttoDbusdriver,

In NY State, besides the regular drivers license we also have an enhanced drivers license. It allows you to travel back and forth to Canada and Mexico by land or water without having to have a passport. It cannot be used for air travel. So as long as he was carrying an enhanced driver's license in his wallet travel by bus over the border shouldn't have been a problem.

In NY State, besides the regular drivers license we also have an enhanced drivers license. It allows you to travel back and forth to Canada and Mexico by land or water without having to have a passport. It cannot be used for air travel. So as long as he was carrying an enhanced driver's license in his wallet travel by bus over the border shouldn't have been a problem.

Does that also apply to Maryland ?   Per Aram's credit card search, when they found that bus ticket purchase it showed the perp's home address as somewhere in Maryland.

So did the drug rep who was an accessory to multiple murders tell the man with dementia who was watching him kidnap another future murder victim what drug company he worked for or was it printed in large legible type under the logo on his company hoodie?

I don't do gore, so I did paperwork during the blood eagle scene, but I could hear the dialogue. Of course Lizzie saved them, because when you get to a certain level of awesome people can leverage your power through intentions and prayer. If he'd been carrying a relic the bad guys probably would have negotiated with them over tea. I just hope she manages to turn her valuable attention to world peace and global warming before she goes full metal Wesley and ascends bodily into heaven.

Just, no. No office romance. No. Hasn't Ressler suffered enough? I mean, Tom has things to expiate. He sort of deserves it.

• Love 1

Though to be fair to the episode writers, the billionaire knowing the doctor was doing unapproved human trials of a radical treatment, (even if he didn't know the true details of what the doc was trying to do,) would make him legally culpable in those deaths since he clearly *did* know the doctor was exceeding ethical/legal guidelines.

Maybe, IF he did know the doctor was exceeding legal guidelines (or, rather, if it can be demonstrated somehow that he knew). My understanding was that this whole immortality project was a legitimate enterprise that employed 2000 (!) people. Hobbs greenlighted some human trials within the framework of this project, presumably with some guidelines, safeguards and procedures written by all his lawyers. Even if that wasn't FDA-grade legal, what Hobbs approved and knew of was not what the doctor was doing and what killed those people. I'm not sure how legally culpable this makes Hobbs.

So we're seeing Roger Hobbs again.

You mean we've seen him before? I don't remember him at all. When was he on?

I didn't know about this immortal jellyfish before, it's pretty cool actually. Learn something new everyday, I like that. 

Maybe, IF he did know the doctor was exceeding legal guidelines (or, rather, if it can be demonstrated somehow that he knew). My understanding was that this whole immortality project was a legitimate enterprise that employed 2000 (!) people. Hobbs greenlighted some human trials within the framework of this project, presumably with some guidelines, safeguards and procedures written by all his lawyers. Even if that wasn't FDA-grade legal, what Hobbs approved and knew of was not what the doctor was doing and what killed those people. I'm not sure how legally culpable this makes Hobbs.

I think his conversation with Red made it clear that he knew exactly what was going on and approved it, so he was legally culpable. Did his lawyers structure the situation so that no-one would be able to prove that? I'm sure.

I am enjoying the CRAP out of the Tom/Jacob/Christoph story line--he called Liz to wish her a Happy Birthday all while the Major is shouting at him to get in the car--how awesome is that?  I think I especially like the backstory we're getting on Tom.  The Major was angry at Jacob's cover getting destroyed Germany and that he also came back to DC to help Liz.  He seems fixated on Tom's feelings for Liz and how it's ruined his life but it's precisely Tom's ties to Liz that saved this lives, so why is the Major calling in the order that "Jacob needs to die?"  Is he just being a jealous bitch? :)

And we also need to consider Red's role in all of this Tom/Liz mess.  It was Red who first brought Tom into Liz's orbit for his own purposes--and won't she love hearing that bit of news--and then Berlin/The Major exploited that and the next thing anyone knows, Tom and Liz are married and in love.  I think Tom is also suspicious of Red's motives because there's always an agenda at play in dealing Reddington and I hope next weeks episode explains a few things. 

Does that also apply to Maryland ? Per Aram's credit card search, when they found that bus ticket purchase it showed the perp's home address as somewhere in Maryland.

I didn't noticd the Maryland thing. According to Wikipedia, no. Though they aren't always accurate.

Wikipedia says:

"Enhanced Licenses are issued to U.S. citizens in Washington, Vermont, Michigan, Minnesota, and New York, and establish nationality in addition to driving privileges. An EDL is a WHTI compliant document, acceptable for re-entering the United States via land and sea crossings from Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean. A U.S. Passport, birth certificate, or another document proving citizenship is required to apply for this type of license."

Seems to me that other Border states like California and Texas would also have the EDL.

Edited by Dot Com
But maybe it's because, surprise, she's got a bun in the oven…and it's Tom's! Oh man, not a great birthday for Liz.

I hope the recap writer was being sarcastic there because that's not what I took away from Tom having that ultrasound picture in his wallet -- besides Liz would probably be showing if she was that far along in a pregnancy.  And she would probably have been really concerned about the baby after she was nearly blown up at the CIA black site, injected with drugs to relive her buried memories, kidnapped or strung up by the Deer Hunter.  So yeah, Liz isn't pregnant -- that photo is definitely from the adoption that didn't happen.

• Love 1

I hope the recap writer was being sarcastic there because that's not what I took away from Tom having that ultrasound picture in his wallet -- besides Liz would probably be showing if she was that far along in a pregnancy. And she would probably have been really concerned about the baby after she was nearly blown up at the CIA black site, injected with drugs to relive her buried memories, kidnapped or strung up by the Deer Hunter. So yeah, Liz isn't pregnant -- that photo is definitely from the adoption that didn't happen.

I was just going to say this. I do believe the adoption that never happened came complete with an ultrasound photo.

• Love 1

I kinda liked Liz and Ressler drinking wine and having a meal together even though Tom will hate that so much.  At least Diego had something to do in this episode. It was a good scene but damn there's actually chemistry between Tom and Liz now.  Is it fucked up to ship them a little bit?  Yeah, probably, but I'm down with it somewhat. 

Lance Hendrickson is perfect casting. 

• Love 3

I kinda liked Liz and Ressler drinking wine and having a meal together even though Tom will hate that so much.  At least Diego had something to do in this episode. It was a good scene but damn there's actually chemistry between Tom and Liz now.  Is it fucked up to ship them a little bit?  Yeah, probably, but I'm down with it somewhat. 

It's messy and it's kind of dark, but I'm shipping them too :)   I'm liking Tom's random voice calls to let Liz know where he is or to ask if she's okay and even to wish her a Happy Birthday because this is actually the first time in their relationship where they both know the truth about the other one.  She knows that he's some sort of Pretender-esque criminal and she's still taking his calls and not reporting him to the Bureau and I think it speaks volumes that he's still carrying around a picture of the baby they were going to adopt.  

• Love 2

I'm so practical that I was obsessed with Lizzie wearing her wool stocking cap and was all bundled up while Ressler, with his short hair, wears not even ear muffs and his jacket is always open, no coat even. You need to toughen up a bit, Lizzie. Where is this filmed? Lizzie's stocking cap needs its own screen credit, it's become a regular cast member.

Lizzie saying "You're sweet" to Ressler was so out-of-character and glaring in it being something you don't say to an FBI partner.

I was waiting for them both to gag and spit after drinking Lizzie's bottle of bathtub wine, especially since Red said it would be doubtful.

Otto, I though of you when Ressler tells Lizzie "At least you have a dog" when they are feeling sorry for themselves. All I could think was, yeah, it's 9 p.m. and you're not home taking care of the dog, walking the dog, feeding the dog? Great parenting skills, Lizzie.

Tom had the last line of dialogue and I couldn't hear at all what he said. Can anyone help?

I'm sad that Tom went from "I don't care about Lizzie, she can just die" neo-Nazi to "I'll tell you anything, just don't hurt Elizabeth Keen." He went from a bad ass to a complete wimp. I really can't believe he loves her after he tried to kill her HOW many times? And she him? I've split with partners over much less and never looked back.

I was expecting a shocked look on Red's face when the doctor guy killed himself. But no, no change of expression. I guess Red's used to such things. No big deal.

When Lizzie is bitching out Red at the end, how he lets people die and so is AWFUL, all I could think of was "Pot, meet kettle." Hey Lizzie, remember your involvement in killing that Harbormaster guy? And now you're all righteous and pompous to Red? Please.

Cooper, you're being blackmailed. Wise up. Basically, you're screwed.

So Red finally finds out Lizzie has some repressed memory? Couldn't he just ASK her? They have to dredge up stuff that was revealed how many episodes ago? 

No office romance with Lizzie/Ressler, please. Pretty please.

she's still taking his calls

This reminded me of how Lizzie is also a LIAR, saying "No" when asked if she's heard from Tom. She SO deserved to be fired, or how about just killed off. There is not one thing redeeming about her, she's just bad through and through. Maybe Blacklist No. 31 will be Elizabeth Keen. Here's hoping.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

I'm so practical that I was obsessed with Lizzie wearing her wool stocking cap and was all bundled up while Ressler, with his short hair, wears not even ear muffs and his jacket is always open, no coat even. You need to toughen up a bit, Lizzie. Where is this filmed? Lizzie's stocking cap needs its own screen credit, it's become a regular cast member.

If the show films in the Northeast, then there was so damn cold days in Jan and Feb--I'm talking temps in the 20's and teens--and everybody who was outside feeling that cold air should have been wearing hats and gloves.  I bet the actor playing Ressler cursed his characters penchant for over-machismo :):)

Is there anyone anywhere who thinks Lizzie is a sympathetic character? We've seen her lie, cover up murders, kidnap/torture, lie some more to protect her own ass. She bitches about Red all the time, yet if she's so affected by him, then quit or move or leave or SOMETHING. At least Tom/Jacob owns what he is, as does Red. But Lizzie? All she does is cry "Poor me, I thought I would be married, in love and with kids and HAPPY by the time I got to this ancient age of 31." And she does this whinging to Ressler, who held his dying girlfriend/fiancé in his arms after she was murdered on a city street.

WTH, Liz?

Plus, with your job and all your flying around the world and torturing kidnap victims, you don't even have time to walk or feed your dog. How do you expect to take care of a baby or child?

I haven't seen where Liz has done anything beneficial for the FBI with her so-called "skills" except bring Red to the table. Who, I think, could have done all that "connecting" on his own. Because he is, after all, pretty well-connected.

• Love 2

The thing that got me exciting about this episode was that it was MARSHALL! from Alias in a guest appearance. Other than that..yes I was distracted. Tom/Jacob still is the pretty though..and way hotter with the buzzcut.

The thing that got me exciting about this episode was that it was MARSHALL! from Alias in a guest appearance. Other than that..yes I was distracted. Tom/Jacob still is the pretty though..and way hotter with the buzzcut.

I squeed like a nerd when I saw Marshall, love his rambling tech talk on Alias! But then I got off on a tangent and started thinking about how much I miss Alias and how this show blows compared to it. Pretty much tuned out for the rest of the episode. Woke up long enough to see Ressler being sweet for Lizzie's birthday. My birthday is coming soon can I put in a request for him to visit me?

• Love 1

I kinda liked Liz and Ressler drinking wine and having a meal together even though Tom will hate that so much. At least Diego had something to do in this episode. It was a good scene but damn there's actually chemistry between Tom and Liz now. Is it fucked up to ship them a little bit? Yeah, probably, but I'm down with it somewhat.

Lance Hendrickson is perfect casting.

You're not alone. Didn't have any thoughts either way about Liz and Tom before but now, I ship it. Love the random phone calls and its noted that she takes them and has yet to tell anyone about it.

Agree about no office romance for Lizzie and Ressler.

Edited by bluvelvet

I will readily admit that although I watch this show every week, I don't pay attention to every little detail.  But I am very confused as to why Lizzy just turned 31 is she was born in 1981, considering, as someone else pointed out upthread that something was dates 2015.

Did we know Tom Keen is Jacob Phelps? That's pretty much the only thing I got from this episode.

Yes, an episode or two ago, they showed the Major meeting up with Tom/Jacob for the first time, when Tom had just stolen someone's purse, was running down the street, and the Major hustled him (Tom) into his car - had a whole file on him, and called him by his real name.

I was expecting a shocked look on Red's face when the doctor guy killed himself. But no, no change of expression. I guess Red's used to such things. No big deal.

Actually, I was surprised that he DID have a shocked look on his face.  He did not expect that guy to off himself.  My wife and I both asked "How could he not see that coming?"

I admit it, I ship Tom/Liz HARD CORE. I'm a sucker for that star crossed thing. I'll never grow up, Peter Pan.

I can't stand Liz and I'd be happy if there were a way to continue on without her. Until someone finds that way, I'll be okay with her if we get more Tom.

NO OFFICE ROMANCE, please...with sugar on top. Well, I like Aram and the Mossad lady. I always forget her name. But yeah, they're okay.

Actually, I was surprised that he DID have a shocked look on his face.  He did not expect that guy to off himself.  My wife and I both asked "How could he not see that coming?"

Wow, we obviously were watching different versions of the same event. I was waiting for Red to be appalled and there was nothing. No reaction at all. Maybe someone can screen cap it. Meanwhile, I guess we just take bets.

But Lizzie? All she does is cry "Poor me, I thought I would be married, in love and with kids and HAPPY by the time I got to this ancient age of 31." And she does this whinging to Ressler, who held his dying girlfriend/fiancé in his arms after she was murdered on a city street.

I totally forgot to say, Ressler also had his leg almost shot off and was drug into that box by Red who performed meatball surgery on him to save his life. I haven't seen anything AT ALL happen to Big Crybaby Poor Me Lizzie. I think it's time. Past time. Like moms USED to say back in the day, when they were allowed to say this: "I'll give you something to cry about."

That interview being held in the basement of "The Postoffice" ... all I could think of was what a soul-sucking place to work. All dark and dank without a bright spot anywhere. No wonder Lizzie is all whiny. (I still don't justify it though.)

I loved this episode.  I was thrilled to get some Keenler and loved it that Ressler came through for Liz's B-day.  The two of them have been through some serious shiz together and the fact that they're taking it slow is awesome.  I can see them get closer and closer.  He's kind of an anchor for her and they seem to gel nicely.  She needs to get over that creepy Tom, which I'm sure she will now that Ressler is making some moves, I mean, when it comes to him, it's like "Tom who? oh, yeah, that creep.."   

I loved the look she gave him when she ralized what he had in the box (am I bad for LOL, when my husband said he wondered if it was "dick-in-the-box" from Lonely Island.)  Her eyes were shining and the look was pure joy.  THAT is what chemistry is all about and that look is going to be hard to give to anyone but Ress from this point. 

I also am so glad her Dog hasn't been killed by psycho Tom, but I fear that Mr. Vargas may pay her a visit if she leaves doggie unattended in the crappy motel room.

Can't wait for more Keenler.  

• Love 2

Well, I like Aram and the Mossad lady. I always forget her name. But yeah, they're okay.

Dear Blacklist writers: you know your characterization is bad if, at 2.17, we *still* don't bother to remember the name of your character.

• Love 3