Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Suicidal Tendencies

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

"Hurt her and they'll never find your body." Bwahahahahaha!

Remind me who the redhead is? Was she the crazy stalker?

And is a different woman playing Lila each time or do i just not remember what she looks like?

Laurel actually rocked a bit at the precinct with Ray; she should stick to lawyering.

• Love 4

That was SO BAD lmao

What a messy episode. I loved Diggle/Suicide Squad moments but everything else? Yikes

lmao not only did they destroy Ray and drag him through  miles of shit, they also destroyed R/F's relationship too. And they made Felicity into some sort of doormat just so the R/F thing can happen? NO.

Also, this is the first episode I liked Laurel.

• Love 3

Remind me who the redhead is? Was she the crazy stalker?

She's Cupid.  Yeah, she had a bit of a thing for The Arrow.

Deadshot's still alive, he's not dead.  He's now free of The Suicide Squad, and Cupid.  Speaking of, Deadshot's reactions to Cupid were great.  I loved everything with The Suicide Squad.

What the hell Maseo?  What the hell?

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

I think the actress changes her look a lot because she's not a regular abd can do that.

I love Dig and Felicity, his opening line to Ray was all kinda awesome. As was Deadshot.

Ray must be feeling pretty salty thinking he was going to capture Oliver.

And tonight marks the first night since season one that I didn't completely hate Laurel. Huzzah.

Poor Deadshot though, I bet DC told them they had to stop using him because of the movie.

• Love 4

lmaoooooooo it's actually super funny how bad that was??? Okay writers, okay. 

I looked at who wrote this episode and apparently it was one of the worst writers on the team Keto Shimizu or something

• Love 1

I knew they were going to kill off Deadshot as soon as I saw those (poorly acted) Deadshot flashbacks. At least they didn't kill off his wife to explain his metamorphosis. That was another thing I expected them to do considering how much these writers love to fridge (female) characters.

Edited by strikera0

lmao not only did they destroy Ray and drag him through  miles of shit, they also destroyed R/F's relationship too. And they made Felicity into some sort of doormat just so the R/F thing can happen? NO.

Also, this is the first episode I liked Laurel.

Yes, and same.

• Love 3

GO FUCK YOURSELF, RAY.

There was SOME okay stuff. But basically all the Ray/Felicity/Oliver bullshit was like "Let's just walk it out and then hit the goddamned reset button because it's not May sweeps yet." At this point, I'm 80% sure that Felicity and Ray will still be together by the end of the season and he will possibly propose.  Gross. 

I love that Lyla calls Diggle "Johnny" and they are pretty much the greatest. Sad we didn't see more of their wedding, but 2 scenes with baby Sara! 

Congrats to Laurel for not failing as a human. This was the perfect amount of Laurel and nary a buckle to be seen.

RIP Floyd Lawton. More of a hero than Ray Palmer will ever be.

The fight between all the Arrows was really cool.  On the other hand, Ray flying around is literally the DUMBEST THING I have seen on this show. 

• Love 12

Felicity going back to Ray after he said he doesn't trust her - wow. That's not the Felicity I know and love. Nice to know she's getting thrown under the bus for this tool's storyline. I'm disgusted. 

I didn't think it was possible to hate Ray Palmer anymore than I did. I was wrong.

I hoped Lyla was going to tell Diggle that she was joining Team Arrow with him.  Now that would be an addition that would make sense.

Also, SMH to Oliver telling Felicity that Ray will someday realize he can't be with her.  Sure, we know he's the poor man's Oliver Queen, but Oliver Queen doesn't know that.

• Love 6

I think Floyd let himself get blown up just to get away from Carrie. Also, I'm really begining to seriously worry about Lyla's survival chances now. Was that Maseo at the end, aiming at Felicity (my screen was to dark to make out detail)?

• Love 1

Felicity going back to Ray after he said he doesn't trust her - wow. That's not the Felicity I know and love. Nice to know she's getting thrown under the bus for this tool's storyline. I'm disgusted. 

I didn't think it was possible to hate Ray Palmer anymore than I did. I was wrong.

HOW INFURIATING. Straight up character assassination.

• Love 4

Maybe I'll have calmed down til tomorrow. But til then, I just want to put this in highlights.

• Love 3

Damn, Maseo.

Other than that last moment, I found this episode mostly boring. And I’m tired of seeing Felicity pinging back and forth between letting Oliver know she’d be with him if he’d get his head out of his ass, yet going back to Ray because he’s available and Oliver’s not. My favorite character is better than this, writers.

As for Ray, him being a “minister” was every bit as stupid and eyeball-worthy as I feared it would be. The fact that the writers couldn’t even be arsed to explain why he’s a minister just goes to show how stupid it was. And why exactly is a private citizen/businessman given an opportunity to speak at a law enforcement press conference?

I can’t believe he didn’t tell Felicity he got the suit working, and I can’t believe she wasn’t pissed about it. So much for their partnership. That said, maybe Ray didn’t tell her about the suit because he fears she might break up with him instantly if she sees how ridiculous he looks hovering around in it. Jesus. Go away, Ray. You don’t even go here.

I should have known last week's episode was an aberration.  

• Love 24

Ugh I Hate Ray Palmer. Why can't Oliver get his head out of his ass and get his woman?

Ray didn't care about Felicity's opinion and said he can't trust her. Why was she fine with it and wanted to apologize to HIM????

Fuck MG can Felicity fans send him flaming hate for this bullshit

• Love 5

Soooo this was a bad episode to try to come back to the show.

Everything was a jumbled mess.

Points for trying to address Deadshots PTSD. Points taken away for shoving it into an episode that had no time to deal with it.

Carrie Cutter is ... over the top and not in a good way. I think I sprained my eyes rolling them in every scene she had.

The wedding was rushed and pointless. And as someone who did not hate the Ray character (until this episode) him being the minster was some of the most idiotic storytelling this show has tried to pull off and that's saying something after the disaster season 3 has been.

The stupid flying suit. God how I hate powers on Arrow. The CGI was bad ... that scene was bad. I expect more out of the fights on this show.

Arrow stop killing characters I like and move on to the one that continues to make me yell at my TV.

Just .... *sigh*  I'm at the end of patience with this stupidity.

ETA When Felicity went back to Palmer is the first time ever on Arrow that I have muted a Felicity scene. 

Edited by Orion
  • Love 9

Ray didn't care about Felicity's opinion and said he can't trust her. Why was she fine with it and wanted to apologize to him??

Yeah, that's what's bothering me the most here. She went back to him like nothing happened. I'm glad he apologized, but they needed to work some shit out. 

• Love 9

Deadshot is dead right? He just stood there as the building blew up.

Mayor is dead...huh we really shouldn't joke about these things in the spoiler thread, they come true.

Maybe it's because this was the first episode since 308 that I watched but I didn't think it was bad. The Dyla stuff was great, Deadshot was great, his flashbacks sucked though. I really should have known he was going to die when they gave him flashbacks.

Stupid things:

did Laurel's cast change arms? Could have sworn it wad on her left at the wedding and right at the interrogation room.

did Ray have Pink eye? Really looked like it during the Ray/Oliver scene?

Did Oliver just stomp off and leave Roy unconscious at the power plant?

ATOM suit was horribly bad CGI, both the Flyby and the hover scene at power plant.

I thought the Olicity scenes were good, lots of stuff they had to talk over and they did.

I don't hate Ray or Raylicity, I see it for what it is, temporary. However, the stupidity of having Ray officiate and give the speech in the press conference was annoying.

Laurel was also annoying during every scene after the wedding. She is a horrible secret keeper...and cannot play the game at all.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I'm starting to think this season can't be saved at all. A couple of good episodes at the end is not going to work. Ray is the actual worst. Felicity was unrecognizable for the most part. She should have had some self-respect and told Ray to GTFO but no, plot demands she stay with him. GROSS. I can't get over it. She was like a pod person.

The stupid flying suit. God how I hate powers on Arrow. The CGI was bad ... that scene was bad. I expect more out of the fights on this show.

Damn, he didn't shrink, just an Iron Man ripoff.

• Love 1

I agree about the suit. Maybe it can work on a different show, but a character like the ATOM just feels completely out of place on a show like Arrow. And the CGI wasn't convincing, either.

• Love 4

I kind of had a rage blackout during this scene, but did Lyla quit her job so Diggle could stay with Team Arrow, which, for the record, does not even pay?

Damn, he didn't shrink, just an Iron Man ripoff.

Ray has J.E.R.V.U.S tho

I'm laughing that we spent so many comments trying to figure out how Ray knew Oliver was the Arrow and no one guessed that he had facial recognition. BECAUSE OF COURSE HE DOES.

• Love 4

I kind of had a rage blackout during this scene, but did Lyla quit her job so Diggle could stay with Team Arrow, which, for the record, does not even pay?

I don't blame her for wanting to get away from shady as fuck Amanda Waller...

• Love 8

she quit Argus because of the cover up and wanting her daughter to be proud of her

No, it was on the left arm in the interrogation room, but she crossed her arms, so maybe that threw it off for you?

that must have been it, thanks. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

The fact that they didn't even bother to show the audience that Roy was okay after being electrocuted by Ray while simultaneously hitting us over the head with how big of a hero Ray is shows that there is something very wrong with the editing and pacing of this show. 

• Love 21

That's what I kept wondering. Guess it would have spoiled his righteous exit walk of vindication and victory if he had to stop off to scoop up his unconcious sidekick on the way.

• Love 17

The fact that they didn't even bother to show the audience that Roy was okay after being electrocuted by Ray while simultaneously hitting us over the head with how big of a hero Ray is shows that there is something very wrong with the editing and pacing of this show. 

ROY. WHO WE LIKE.

I am so disappointed with how that scene went down. 

• Love 10

Oliver? Someone? Where's Roy?  You know, the innocent vigilante type who showed up to a fake 911 call in order to stop a crime?

Did someone really hit poor Brandon Routh? his screen-left eye looked really red/reddish pink. I hope he is doing better.

No one came out of this looking good except  Dyla and maybe Cupid. ( We had the same reaction to the explosion. )

Floyd Lawton? Big ol' bag of mixed-up. I am hoping that the comic convention holds and Lawton isn't dead.  While I appreciate the blurb for the Wounded Warrior Project at the end, and how they showed Floyd trying to re-integrate, it felt not only off for the character, but for the episode. I loved that little girl playing Kid Lawton- she was adorable and I wanted to hit Floyd a bunch for scaring her, even before he pulled the gun out. ( Big ups to Michael Rowe for the amazing work he's done as Deadshot.)

Glad Lyla resigned, but now what does Dyla do? If Black hawk is under a cleaner management, maybe she can join? She's an assest's asset. Lyla should have folks clamoring for her to work for them.

*sigh* Hey boys, is Felicity's choice of bedmate okayed now? Glad you guys settled that between yourselves. Never mind the woman you both have verbally smacked around for the same crap feeling really tiny over in the corner. I'm not worried for her because she'll just mess up your day forty ways to Sunday on her own time and in her own way. It's just...quit being yelly, condescending, patronizing asshats. please?

For once, shut up  ,Quentin.

Why don't we see Laurel doing her eviscerating in the court room? It could be entertaining. I was hoping Laurel would be all " You just told me, an officer of the court, that you intend to commit vigilante acts. You are under arrest."  She probably couldn't, but hey, she was selling that she could hold anyone for whatever charge she wanted a few months back. I mean, it was Snide Ray.

Oh, and there was a guy named Roy Harper....

I yelled at the TV ('cause they totally hear us, right?) and it was never mentioned again!

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 5

yeah Ray Palmer, wannabe Iron Man (who we all know that if he got into a fight with Tony Stark, Tony would take his lame ass down in 30 seconds, 25 of them of him laughing hysterically at the poser atom suit)

I  know it's nitpicking but I was kinda hoping Team Flash would've been at the wedding if nothing else to see what cool toys Cisco would've made for the newlyweds (I'm thinking his and hers cutting edge matching body armor)

• Love 3

Tonight in Everybody Loves Ray....

And, it started so well.  Diggle threatening to basically bury him was the most awesome thing ever.  But, sure enough, thanks to wacky hijinks, Ray ends up officiating the wedding, almost makes it all about him, and the guests all seem to be yukking it up and enjoying his "wit."  I honestly wanted to hurl during all of that.  Sadly, that was just the appetizer.  The main course was him finding out Oliver was the Arrow, swinging his dick around, and deciding to take him on. And, again: I was hopeful.  Ollie taking out the power in his suit was awesome.  But, nope: it ends with him all "You have to be a better man for Felicity!", and everything is good.  Oh, and they totally ignored the fact that poor Roy was just laying there after getting zapped by that Iron Man wannabe.  Did anyone bother to check on him?  Again, poor Roy.

I almost just have to ignore all of Felicity stuff.  I refuse to let their crappy writing ruined that character.  But, they sure are trying to make her unlikable.  Ray is the worst thing about her now.

Meanwhile, Laurel was actually kind of awesome tonight: first, by facing off against Ray.  Yeah, Ray is making me at least appreciate that she has good qualities; especially compared to him.  Then, facing off Quentin, who really is letting his rage get the better of him.  I choose to credit the off-screen training with Nyssa.  Nyssa can make anyone better.  Except Ray.  Don't even think about it, show!

At least the Suicide Squad stuff was fun, and gave David Ramsey plenty to do.  And Deadshot/Cupid was hilarious.  They better not have actually killed Floyd.  There is way too much potential with him.  But, hey, these guys would be stupid enough to do it.

Random Steven Culp apperance!  Hi, Steven Culp!

Amanda Waller really is the world's worst boss.  Too bad I doubt A.R.G.U.S. has any kind of HR department, to counter how poorly they treat their employees.

The ending was crazy though.  What did you do, Maseo?!

At this point, I almost want to bail and just wait for them to finally send Ray off to his spin-off, where they have all the time in the world to make him the best damn superhero on the planet!  The love for Brandon Routh is strong in that writing room.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Another thing I kept wondering about: Why did Ray call Laurel Black Canary all of a sudden? Obviously, I know the external reason for it (because comics), but what's the reason for it in-universe? Did newspapers suddenly start calling her that and if so, why?

• Love 6

Another thing I kept wondering about: Why did Ray call Laurel Black Canary all of a sudden? Obviously, I know the external reason for it (because comics), but what's the reason for it in-universe? Did newspapers suddenly start calling her that and if so, why?

Probably because he's got her wired. He knew so much shit about all of them and what they did that while I was creeped out, it was almost a relief that he wasn't just a creepy phone pinger and surveiller when it came to Felicity? What are my standards coming to?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6