Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Chalby said:

It makes me wonder if there's a lot of women DMing Brice because they view him as boyfriend material, but for them - not Liz.

I could totally see that happening. He seems like a very sweet guy.

• Like 3

So I wonder if this season will be, Brice and I broke up 3 months, 16 days, 4 hours and 39 seconds ago.

While I feel bad for Liz, I do wonder if she really pressured him too much to move in. He seems like a decent guy and comes from a religious family who would typically not like the idea of them moving in together when not married.  

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Liz and Brice are not only still together, but they are cohabitating.

Source?

Trust but verify.....

I don't really keep us with them on social media.  However, I came across this article on "The Cinemaholic".  It's dated Aug. 2022, so perhaps I am mistaken.  Sorry.  

"As of writing, Elizabeth Johnston and Brice Bolden are still living together. After the couple was shown moving in together on the reality show, fans could not help but wonder what the two might be up to; would they soon tie the knot? In early 2022, Elizabeth answered the question through her social media when asked about it by one of her followers.

While the two are happily living together, they have not decided to get engaged as of yet. However, the public is hopeful that the next step might be coming up soon for the duo. In April 2022, the couple completed their three years together and lives together in their own house in Johnstonville, Georgia."

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/15/2023 at 11:12 AM, Adeejay said:

I don't really keep us with them on social media.  However, I came across this article on "The Cinemaholic".  It's dated Aug. 2022, so perhaps I am mistaken.  Sorry.  

"As of writing, Elizabeth Johnston and Brice Bolden are still living together. After the couple was shown moving in together on the reality show, fans could not help but wonder what the two might be up to; would they soon tie the knot? In early 2022, Elizabeth answered the question through her social media when asked about it by one of her followers.

While the two are happily living together, they have not decided to get engaged as of yet. However, the public is hopeful that the next step might be coming up soon for the duo. In April 2022, the couple completed their three years together and lives together in their own house in Johnstonville, Georgia."

I think the speculated breakup happened well after this article was published.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Alex’s enthusiasm over his new girlfriend was an unexpected joy. I don’t recall seeing him truly light up about anything before and it was endearing. Good for Alex.

Liz’s new dog is a cutie but where the heck did her other dog go? Am I misremembering her acquisition of at least one other animal over the past couple of seasons? Anna is the only person in that family who should be a pet owner.

The new master bath is lovely. The shots of Trent & Amber through the fogged up glass shower door were not. 

It was both a relief and uncharacteristically refreshing to see how Trent and Amber interacted with Anna as she became emotional regarding the status of her relationship with Whatshisface. Trent looked like he was about to cry himself. Then again Trent has always been the better parent to her. When they started in on the “Anna was adopted from Russia at 4 yrs old” spiel I thought here we go again with the Anna-is-damaged-goods-look-at-what-we’ve-been-through crap, but thankfully they didn’t go there. Trent reminded Anna of her great qualities and Amber actually gave advice without placing blame or being a smug mug. Damage control or not, I hope it stays that way because Anna deserves it.

According to the season previews at the end of this episode it appears the speculations about Liz & Brice being done are true.

Edited by LaLa54
  • Like 10

I just love Anna and always have. She is such a bright and funny young lady. It hurt my heart to see her upset over her relationship. I hope she finds someone with whom she truly clicks with and who appreciates her independent nature and work ethic. 

I'm glad Alex has found a young lady, too. Hopefully, she can bring him out of his shell a bit as he seems like a real wet blanket most of the time.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
On 4/14/2023 at 9:57 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

While I feel bad for Liz, I do wonder if she really pressured him too much to move in. He seems like a decent guy and comes from a religious family who would typically not like the idea of them moving in together when not married.  

At first I thought the same, but the more I hear about social media and reality celebs, I wouldn't be surprised if Brice has been receiving the same DMs as others. 4 years of women sending Brice messages might dampen progress as well.

Edited by Chalby
Sorry, I just noticed I brought this up before (but forgot). Sorry, gang.
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I just love Anna and always have. She is such a bright and funny young lady. It hurt my heart to see her upset over her relationship. I hope she finds someone with whom she truly clicks with and who appreciates her independent nature and work ethic. 

Any man would be lucky to be with Anna!  Her dad's assessment of Anna  was spot on and good for him for expressing it.

• Like 13

I'm still very worried about Anna in relation to (especially) Amber.  She desperately wants her love and acceptance, and she'll never get it.  It seemed to me Anna was most upset about disappointing her family because they met and liked the BF and thus had given their "approval," only to have it turn out badly (I also worry about what might have happened between them while she was visiting).  Amber specifically insisted she date a LP and, when she did, it blew up!  When Anna teared up and began to weep, how about giving your daughter a hug and comforting her, Trent AND Amber, instead of standing coldly apart and then smiling and laughing immediately after, AMBER?  Children deprived of unconditional love as Anna has always been by her so-called mother will never stop craving and trying to win it, I'm afraid.  I truly hope and pray Anna finds a man worthy of her who finally makes her feel worthy of that love.

Loved how the update informed us that Liz and Anna had boyfriends, but made no mention of Jonah's GF of three years (of whom Amber doesn't approve) nor Emma's rekindling of the "friendship" with Lucca (of whom Amber also doesn't approve), LOL.  No point, I guess, since they'll be gotten rid of soon!  In fact, Jonah's IG has shown him with another (blonde) girl.

I do believe the L&B breakup happened after that article was written and filming began and was likely due to "Amber Jr.'s" emasculating behavior.  Bryce didn't WANT to be supported by his wife, thank you very much, nor did he and his family probably appreciate her mocking of his religion and church-going.  Both of her boyfriends seemed extremely devoted to and in love with her and then, POOF, they were gone!  Maybe she should keep them off the show and on the down-low and not set wedding dates!

Trent and Amber sexy time, please no.  No more.  Ever again.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Dibs said:

I'm still very worried about Anna in relation to (especially) Amber.  She desperately wants her love and acceptance, and she'll never get it.  It seemed to me Anna was most upset about disappointing her family because they met and liked the BF and thus had given their "approval," only to have it turn out badly (I also worry about what might have happened between them while she was visiting).  Amber specifically insisted she date a LP and, when she did, it blew up!  When Anna teared up and began to weep, how about giving your daughter a hug and comforting her, Trent AND Amber, instead of standing coldly apart and then smiling and laughing immediately after, AMBER?  Children deprived of unconditional love as Anna has always been by her so-called mother will never stop craving and trying to win it, I'm afraid.  I truly hope and pray Anna finds a man worthy of her who finally makes her feel worthy of that love.

Loved how the update informed us that Liz and Anna had boyfriends, but made no mention of Jonah's GF of three years (of whom Amber doesn't approve) nor Emma's rekindling of the "friendship" with Lucca (of whom Amber also doesn't approve), LOL.  No point, I guess, since they'll be gotten rid of soon!  In fact, Jonah's IG has shown him with another (blonde) girl.

I do believe the L&B breakup happened after that article was written and filming began and was likely due to "Amber Jr.'s" emasculating behavior.  Bryce didn't WANT to be supported by his wife, thank you very much, nor did he and his family probably appreciate her mocking of his religion and church-going.  Both of her boyfriends seemed extremely devoted to and in love with her and then, POOF, they were gone!  Maybe she should keep them off the show and on the down-low and not set wedding dates!

Trent and Amber sexy time, please no.  No more.  Ever again.

I disagree that Anna craves Amber's love and affection. I think that ship has sailed and once Anna's got her degree, she'll leave to build a life for herself elsewhere, scarcely looking back.

• Like 3

Since I live in Atl I call a lot of BS on the last scene of her dropping Alex off for his flight.  First of all, having run into her at the airport, and all the flights they have taken before, she CERTAINLY knew where the entrance for short term parking was.  It is very clearly marked.   I am sure that after she left the car , the crew parked it.   Secondly, there is absoluately no physical way, there was 30 minutes left before his flight. Getting through security and taking the train to the C gates would take at least this amount of time.   Maybe it was time until they started pre-boarding, which she wanted to be sure Alex did. ?  Will be interesting to see what next week brings.

But poor planning, as the traffic from her area to the airport can be extremely bad, and google maps would have let them know that. Also with the Atlanta airport they recommend arriving 2 hours before your flight.  When my kids were teenagers and flew on their own we gave plenty of time. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mom2two said:

Since I live in Atl I call a lot of BS on the last scene of her dropping Alex off for his flight.  First of all, having run into her at the airport, and all the flights they have taken before, she CERTAINLY knew where the entrance for short term parking was.  It is very clearly marked.   I am sure that after she left the car , the crew parked it.   Secondly, there is absoluately no physical way, there was 30 minutes left before his flight. Getting through security and taking the train to the C gates would take at least this amount of time.   Maybe it was time until they started pre-boarding, which she wanted to be sure Alex did. ?  Will be interesting to see what next week brings.

But poor planning, as the traffic from her area to the airport can be extremely bad, and google maps would have let them know that. Also with the Atlanta airport they recommend arriving 2 hours before your flight.  When my kids were teenagers and flew on their own we gave plenty of time. 

I agree with ALL of this. Amber certainly knows better than to arrive for a flight more than 30 minutes before its departure. It was almost as if she was trying to make Alex more anxious than what he already was. Trent kept reiterating that Alex would be fine traveling by himself, but Amber kept hyping up that Atlanta is soooo busy (which it is), Alex may need extra help, blah blah blah. She is such a pain in the ass. I hope they towed her car. No wonder all her kids (except Liz) suffer from anxiety. 

Alex has never been my cup of tea, but I though it was sweet that he actually wanted to pick a gift for his girlfriend that had thought behind it. It was nice that he recruited his sisters to help. I think they did a good job of guiding him in selecting a thoughtful gift. I'm not so sure that they are serious enough to include Alex's birthstone with the gift, but whatever. I'm sure the young lady was pleased with it.

Liz continues to be a know it all - nothing new there.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mom2two said:

pre-boarding, which she wanted to be sure Alex did. ?

Despite him being a 16 year old, experienced flyer.  

Sure, he would need help if he chose to put his backpack in the overhead rather than under the seat, but that doesn't require pre-boarding. That's for people with strollers and car seats (who hold up the damned boarding process for the rest of us, and take up all the overhead space), or those who move slowly with canes, walkers, etc.  And what was the lanyard he was wearing? An indication of some special status, like the Sunflower lanyard in the UK that designates the flyer has special needs, usually developmental or sensory?

• Like 2

Ambers true colors were shown when she rolled down her window asking someone how to get to park in the garage at the airport. “Of course you don’t know” with a look of disgust and an eye roll. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Ambers true colors were shown when she rolled down her window asking someone how to get to park in the garage at the airpor. “Of course you don’t know” with a look of disgust and an eye roll. 

Yep! Those couple of seconds spoke volumes.

• Like 6
(edited)

Can we just send Amber away to a far off location  — for an extended vacay?

I think somewhere along the Siberia-Mongolia border; that way she can live in Yurt while she freezes her ass off and learns to love camel's milk smoothies. 

I'm thinking 3-5 years would be good.

We'll send Trent to visit her every three out of four weeks. He's not as bad as Amber, but he also has issues. For example, he thinks he has the right to tell his adult children where they can live. 

Sending Amber away would give her progeny a chance to develop their own personalities, personal styles, relationships with the opposite sex, and finally shake being constantly reminded that instead of being individuals, they are "we" with their mother in everything that matters. I.e. in conversation with Jonah, she's said "We need to get a job" and "We don't need the distraction of a relationship" - Arrggghhhh! But she talks to all of her kids (and the ones who are now ADULTS) the same damn way. 

If I were there, I'd say "You're you, and I'm me; we're two individuals, not a 'we'. If you hear voices in your head making you think otherwise, seek help; none of those voices are mine." 

She. drives. me. nuts.

On a different topic, when Alex said he and Allie had bonded over their love of tractors, my brain took that old song by The Captain and Tenille, Muskrat Love, and changed the lyrics to Tractor Love.

It works!

Sort of. 😉 

ETA: I wish I'd written "romantic relationships" instead of "relationships with the opposite sex". My daughter told me quite some time ago she thinks Anna is either a lesbian or bisexual.

If she is and Amber finds out, bet we'll hear Amber say "We are not a lesbian (or bisexual) Anna, because we don't believe in that".

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added info about Trent. Added two paragraphs noted as ETA.
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
On 4/21/2023 at 11:00 AM, Dibs said:

Amber specifically insisted she date a LP and, when she did, it blew up!  When Anna teared up and began to weep, how about giving your daughter a hug and comforting her, Trent AND Amber, instead of standing coldly apart and then smiling and laughing immediately after, AMBER?  

I really think Amber is missing empathy and sensitivity chips. It's like she doesn't understand why anyone's upset. Yet, she was so hurt by her own bio father rejecting her...

Edited by Chalby
Grammar
  • Like 6
4 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I really think Amber is missing an empathy and sensitivity chips. It's like she doesn't understand why anyone's upset. Yet, she was so hurt by her own bio father rejecting her...

I agree. Amber seems really cold. I am kind of glad that both Amber and Trent were encouraging Anna to speak with a therapist. She needs some helpful, unbiased help and encouragement. She's not getting that at home, for sure.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/26/2023 at 10:17 AM, Quof said:

Despite him being a 16 year old, experienced flyer.  

Sure, he would need help if he chose to put his backpack in the overhead rather than under the seat, but that doesn't require pre-boarding.

I would want my kids to pre board if they were little people. Just watching them in a crowd or busy line gives ME anxiety because it's so easy to lose sight of them and whether they need help. Once my kids reached the 5'2" mark, I could relax more. I just find that the shorter kids/people are, the more others treat them too casually, roughly, or manhandle them in an attempt to "help"?

Edited by Chalby
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I would want my kids to pre board if they were little people. Just watching them in a crowd or busy line gives ME anxiety because it's so easy to lose sight of them and whether they need help. Once my kids reached the 5'2" mark, I could relax more. I just find  shorter kids/people are, the more others great them too casually, roughly, or manhandle them in an attempt to "help"?

I think most airlines include "unaccompanied minors" in the list of people eligible to pre-board. That would include anyone under 18 regardless of experience flying. I know that when I was under 18, we always pre-board when my sister and I were travelling without parents.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2023 at 9:12 AM, TipseyGirl said:

Alex has never been my cup of tea, but I though it was sweet that he actually wanted to pick a gift for his girlfriend that had thought behind it. It was nice that he recruited his sisters to help. I think they did a good job of guiding him in selecting a thoughtful gift. I'm not so sure that they are serious enough to include Alex's birthstone with the gift, but whatever. I'm sure the young lady was pleased with it.

Alex's earlier fears and/or refusals to try new things (especially if there was a chance of failure) used to get on my nerves, but he was a "kid".

After the first two years, he grew into a more confident person who could express his thoughts and feelings and recognize his anxiety which was good for viewers to watch.

He, Anna, and Emma are the reasons I watch. I believe they're being as authentic as they "want to show" rather than pretending to be authentic, for the show.

• Like 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Lurk said:

I think most airlines include "unaccompanied minors" in the list of people eligible to pre-board.

Unaccompanied minor is a specific category of traveller, for whom the parent pays a fee to have the airline serve as a babysitter from start to finish.  No airline requires a 16 year old to use that service, and no typical 16 year old needs that service.  A 16 year old flying alone is just like any other traveler and is not included in the groups called for pre-boarding.  

Edited by Quof
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Where exactly in heck does my girl Anna live? When she said her house is right next door to the busiest restaurant in town I'm thinking a commercial or industrial area with sketchy people walking around after dark? How could Trent and Amber possibly allow that? Oh, yeah. It's Anna. They don't care. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 5

I think there's a good thing that has come about because of Amber's lack of empathy and critical approach/comments...

I've found that the siblings are coming together more often, and appearing to get closer. I also noticed Liz isn't always the person the other 4 seek out. It makes sense as they all are aware of how much filming time is required, but they're choosing to film with each other,moreso than with Amber and Trent.

I bet when the cameras are off, the kids commiserate about their parents' chokehold on their independence. They may also resent "having" to continue filming because Amber and Trent need the five of them to support the family.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Where exactly in heck does my girl Anna live? When she said her house is right next door to the busiest restaurant in town I'm thinking a commercial or industrial area with sketchy people walking around after dark? How could Trent and Amber possibly allow that? Oh, yeah. It's Anna. They don't care. 

I thought exactly the same thing! They are so involved in every decision that those kids make and now they're having a fit about this house that Elizabeth wants to rent. So how did Anna end up in that situation if they approve everything before the adult kids do it????

• Like 3

Trent is so much more compassionate about, and gentle with, Anna. 

I hate to say this, but I honestly think that when Anna was looking to move out, Amber didn’t really care where she went, although she presented on tv as caring.  That’s the time period where things had gotten bad between Anna and Amber, and I think Amber just wanted her gone.  She’d never admit that, even to herself.  But being viewers of the show, we’re able to see everything, the overall picture of the family dynamics at any given filming time period. 

Amber and this show are examples of why I chose my screen name for this forum. I seriously hate-watch this show.  It didn’t start out that way, I really wanted to see how this family was managing life with 5 kids, and everyone being a little person. This is the ONLY show that I hate-watch now. I stopped watching every other show that was irritating to watch (Big Fat Li{f}e, Little People Big Jerks, just to name a couple. 🤨

I continue to watch this show because of the kids, mainly Anna, Emma, and Alex. What a transformative period of time caught on film for Alex. 🙂

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Even though Amber and Trent want to be deeply entrenched in their chrildren's lives, they show very little love and a LOT of opinion.  When Anna teared up in the laundry room - perfect time for a parent (father or mother) to throw arms around her and say it's gonna be okay.  Trent seems to feel her pain but acted like he was scared to show any affection.  And Amber...she was just cold and logical - like a Vulcan or something.  I've never seen them love on any of the their children.  Just lecture, lecture, lecture.

• Like 8

I can’t believe the first thing Amber asked the farmer girlfriend was if Alex snored and kept them all up!

What??!  Personally I try to build my kids up not tear them down!

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can’t believe the first thing Amber asked the farmer girlfriend was if Alex snored and kept them all up!

What??!  Personally I try to build my kids up not tear them down!

Well, Amber is an ass. So there's that. 

Amber, you're not fooling us with all your word-art shirts of "Be Kind" and "Love is Free".

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Well, Amber is an ass. So there's that. 

Amber, you're not fooling us with all your word-art shirts of "Be Kind" and "Love is Free".

Those shirts obviously don’t apply to her kids. 

• Like 6

Anna's winning despite Amber's continued dismissive and detached parenting is worth tuning in to the show even after all these years.

Topher was the name of Anna's LP bf at convention. Too bad she fell so hard for him but she made her parents happy, temporarily.

Brice's hobby is taxidermy...he'll need a window in his hobby room to let the rotting flesh stench waft out.

Alex unpacking his shoes from his backpack sans plastic bags after walking around Allie's farm, ewwww

Allie is only 15 years old...where is the stink about her being on the young side to be Alex's gf by Sanctimonious Amber who made a big deal of needing to be 16 years old as the rule in her household?

Happy the 7LJ commercials don't bombard  us with any Duggars or Plaths or Roloffs but we get the odious Fiancés instead

• Like 7
On 5/3/2023 at 5:51 AM, Quof said:

Unaccompanied minor is a specific category of traveller, for whom the parent pays a fee to have the airline serve as a babysitter from start to finish.  No airline requires a 16 year old to use that service, and no typical 16 year old needs that service.  A 16 year old flying alone is just like any other traveler and is not included in the groups called for pre-boarding.  

Yep. I worked for a major U.S. passenger airline for 22 years and you are correct.

The Unaccompanied Minors Fee is $150.00 now and it's totally unnecessary for a 16-year-old unless they have an intellectual disability or something of that nature.

Alex can read, ask for help, and I'm sure has dealt with being in crowds of average-height people. There's no need for him to have what amounts to paid babysitters to get him from point A to point B. And for the record, I'd say the same even if he had connecting flights. 

I had no idea Amber is a licensed psychologist (although I think she just plays one on teevee). I was amazed Amber diagnosed Anna's issues as definitely stemming from International Adoption Trauma and that "we" (Amber and Anna) would need to look in Atlanta for a therapist with that specialty. And it's important Anna get going on this ASAP, because despite what Trent said about Anna over scheduling herself as being the problem, according to Amber the real problem Anna needs to address is her relationship with her family (IOW, her relationship with Amber, because any issues between them are Anna's fault and Anna needs therapy to fix it).

I think Anna should suggest to Amber that "we" (Amber) should likewise begin therapy to work on why she feels compelled to continue to control the lives of her adult children. That ought to keep her busy until Alex and Emma are about 30.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Amber Johnston is NOT a licensed psychologist.  There is another person named Dr. Amber Johnston who graduated with a doctorate from George Washington University whose photograph can be found on various websites; this person is definitely not the Amber on tv.  Amber from Georgia is currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in social work.  She originally wanted to obtain an education degree but changed her mind in 2022.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't watch that often but I was shocked when I saw parts of the Homecoming episode and watched Alex and later Allie practically running as they wobbled down a flight of stairs that has NO hand rails! I realize a regular height railing would be too high for them but I would think they would have a lower one installed. I was worried Allie was going to take a header in that long dress. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

Allie's parents drove her 10 hours to Forsyth so she could go to the Homecoming Dance then the morning after another 10 hour road trip back to the farm.

Nice of Joshua to acknowledge Alex in such a supportive manner.

Got to see that Elizabeth loves Alex too.

Amber and Trent bedroom sign off...barf.

• Like 5

I think Alex is Amber's favorite child.  She sure does gush over him - always have, even when he was being a brat.  Occasionally she'll say something nice about Emma, but the other three she always seem to be meddling, correcting, lecturing etc.  I saw where only Alex and Emma are going to Finland.  I suppose job, school, and other responsibilities prevent Anna, Elizabeth and Jonah from going.  It appears they might have gone last summer while school was out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

I think Alex is Amber's favorite child.  She sure does gush over him - always have, even when he was being a brat.  Occasionally she'll say something nice about Emma, but the other three she always seem to be meddling, correcting, lecturing etc.  I saw where only Alex and Emma are going to Finland.  I suppose job, school, and other responsibilities prevent Anna, Elizabeth and Jonah from going.  It appears they might have gone last summer while school was out.

My perspective on Amber's favorite kids:

1. Alex, 2. Liz, 3. Jonah 4. Emma Last/#100. Anna

Trent's favorite kids:

1. Anna 2. Emma 3. Liz 4. Jonah 5. Alex

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

My perspective on Amber's favorite kids:

1. Alex, 2. Liz, 3. Jonah 4. Emma Last/#100. Anna

Trent's favorite kids:

1. Anna 2. Emma 3. Liz 4. Jonah 5. Alex

I agree that Anna is Trent's favorite.  He seems very proud of her.  Now that you mention Alex as being his least favorite...I do not recall him interacting with Alex very much so you may be on to something there.

• Like 5

Jonah resents Alex because they had to share a room but likes his brother more now that Alex stop being a crybaby whiner, runs to Mommy less and is the smartest person on the family, low bar, of course.

Jonah resents Elizabeth because she is an over achiever, brown noser and sucks up to their parents to curry their favor.

Jonah resents Anna, scapegoating and blaming her for his failing out of college because he had to drive her to high school. He actually didn't do the work and flunked out from laziness. However, their relationship is improving as he is now the worst kid in the family instead of Anna. Doing drugs worse than graffiti.

Jonah doesn't care about Emma, doesn't even acknowledge her existence.

Jonah's favorite parent: Trent

Elizabeth's favorites 1.Anna 2.Emma 3.Alex 4.Jonah-the laziest of the family, loser to flunk out of college

Liz's favorite parent: Trent

Anna's favorites 1. Emma 2. Liz 3. Alex 4. Jonah

Anna's favorite parent:Trent

Emma's favorites 1. Anna +Alex 3. Liz 4. Jonah

Emma's favorite parent:Trent

Alex's favorites 1. Emma 2.Anna 3.Liz 4. Jonah

Alex's favorite parent: Amber forced the family to accept all of Alex's childhood idiosyncrasies that he is finally leaving behind

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I really enjoyed this last episode with Joose and his family. They all seem like lovely people. After hearing his mother, "Papa", and siblings speak, I am calling BS on him needing the Johnstons to help him learn English. They all seem to speak English quite well. The Johnstons have horrible grammar. Each of the Johstons demonstrated some form of "Ugly American" behavior this episode. 

Other thoughts:

Liz is becoming more obnoxious by the minute. She knows it all.

The bit with Jonah doing the whole "Risky Business" was dumb and wasted time that could have been spent on time in Finland.

Both Jonah and Alex have stupid hairstyles.

• Like 2

It appears the family is going to have a great time in Finland.  I love Joose's family - everybody seems really nice and down to earth.  His mom is a sweetheart. 

I don't understand Liz and Brice's relationship at all.  The minute he said, "I love my family but..." I knew his family were not in favor of them living together.  Brice is not very mature and Liz just wants a man in her life - period.  They never show any PDA.  How can two 20-somethings who claim to be in love never show affection?  Maybe the affection part is just not shown on TV.  

One question and I'm done - why does Liz wear long-sleeve sweatshirts with shorts all the time?

• Like 4
On 5/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, TipseyGirl said:

I really enjoyed this last episode with Joose and his family. They all seem like lovely people. After hearing his mother, "Papa", and siblings speak, I am calling BS on him needing the Johnstons to help him learn English. They all seem to speak English quite well. The Johnstons have horrible grammar. Each of the Johstons demonstrated some form of "Ugly American" behavior this episode. 

Other thoughts:

Liz is becoming more obnoxious by the minute. She knows it all.

The bit with Jonah doing the whole "Risky Business" was dumb and wasted time that could have been spent on time in Finland.

Both Jonah and Alex have stupid hairstyles.

I was also wondering why Joose needed to come here to learn English. I was surprised how well his family spoke English.

Liz is not only obnoxious, I thinks she's gotten to be crass and crude with the language she chooses. It seem so jarring that when she is talking with other sisters and Amber present in some scenes. Does she think the vulgar speak is cool and hip?

Jonah doing that whole Risky Business thing.... wouldn't that be way before their time or is it still a popular movie? 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Lurk said:

Jonah doing that whole Risky Business thing.... wouldn't that be way before their time or is it still a popular movie? 

When I saw that, I assumed that was a moment scripted suggested by TLC. Tom Cruise's character in Risky Business was a high school senior. Jonah is a 23 year old man.

• Like 3