Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Days of Real Housewives Lives - The Season in Review

• Start Topic

Big Kathy's obituary says she died in Arizona.  And, somewhere I read that Kim, and her kids, moved to Arizona to take care of her mother.  So, the PS house was a vacation home.   I wonder if Kim got the Arizona house?   That would explain why the PS house was left to all three girls.

Here is Big Kathy's official obituary.  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=259058 According to this Big Kathy died in Kim's home in Indian Wells. CA.  Big Kathy is listed as being a resident of Indian Wells and had her funeral in Beverly Hills.

• Love 1

I do love that she expects her children, once they are legal adults,  to earn their own living, not just party around the world on mom and dads money, like so many kids of the 1%.  Yo enjoyed modeling, so I don't think she feels doing that is a hardship for her two girls.  Rather, I think she views it as an opportunity that can, with care, and saving money, set them up for life.  She knows they were blessed with good genes, are lucky for that, and that their highest earning years are right now.

If Gigi and Bella are working and making some coin, good for them, but they're hardly living on their earnings. Their very wealthy mother and their even wealthier father are supporting them right now. Besides, aren't they in college, and modeling on the side? Or did they drop out to do modeling full-time?

• Love 5

If Gigi and Bella are working and making some coin, good for them, but they're hardly living on their earnings. Their very wealthy mother and their even wealthier father are supporting them right now. Besides, aren't they in college, and modeling on the side? Or did they drop out to do modeling full-time?

I am pretty sure Gigi said that she dropped out but I have no idea if Bella is still going to school or not.

• Love 3

Ummm, Gigi was a child model! LOL I am not sure Bella/Anwar were though but Gigi was, so there is a small connection.

Did she?  I had no idea.  I'd love to see those modeling shots of her as a baby, toddler!

Either way, Yolanda is a lady.  Big Kathy was a tramp, in every sense of the word.  I just can't see any kind of connection to them, or imagine Yolanda drunk in a bar picking up mobsters.  Although it's fun to think about.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Did she?  I had no idea.  I'd love to see those modeling shots of her as a baby, toddler!

Either way, Yolanda is a lady.  Big Kathy was a tramp, in every sense of the word.  I just can't see any kind of connection to them, or imagine Yolanda drunk in a bar picking up mobsters.  Although it's fun to think about.

Gigi was in the Guess for children campaigns. 

• Love 3

I am pretty sure Gigi said that she dropped out but I have no idea if Bella is still going to school or not.

I'm not sure, but either way, she's living a pretty jet-setting life that is undoubtedly supported by her gazillionaire father. But more importantly, I think it's sad that her parents place modeling above an education, if she did indeed drop out. I can understand the decision if you don't have money. But to come from such a privileged background and not take advantage of a college education is such a shame.

• Love 4

Gigi-Hadid-for-Guess-kids-1.jpg          rs_600x600-150130115918-600.Gigi_Hadid-j

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

I'm not sure, but either way, she's living a pretty jet-setting life that is undoubtedly supported by her gazillionaire father. But more importantly, I think it's sad that her parents place modeling above an education, if she did indeed drop out. I can understand the decision if you don't have money. But to come from such a privileged background and not take advantage of a college education is such a shame.

I initially felt the same way as you LotusFlower, but some people aren't cut out for college -- I have no idea if Gigi is or not. But given her interests and her ability to do well in an industry that has a short shelf life it makes sense to strike while the iron is hot. I think it has the potential to open many doors for her should she desire it. I guess I just came around to thinking that this might be the best path for her.

• Love 10

I initially felt the same way as you LotusFlower, but some people aren't cut out for college -- I have no idea if Gigi is or not. But given her interests and her ability to do well in an industry that has a short shelf life it makes sense to strike while the iron is hot. I think it has the potential to open many doors for her should she desire it. I guess I just came around to thinking that this might be the best path for her.

I agree. It is fairly unrealistic with her meteoric rise in the modeling industry to expect her to attend classes.  Maybe she will be like Kelly Bensimon and go to college when her modeling career is over.  I would rather see her go to college and get a real degree than one of these made up degrees based around her modeling experiences. 

• Love 6

As long as Gigi and Bella can keep their noses clean ;-) they're going to be just fine. 

Imo, not everyone needs (or is suited for) a formal, college education.   It doesn't provide a better life path for everyone.  There are certain special snowflakes who do just fine - better than fine - without benefit of a degree.

• Love 5

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't like Brandi, which probably colors my opinion on this.  But I feel that Brandi will say or do just about anything to stir the pot and bring on the drama; so I think there's an equal chance that Kyle didn't pull anything and Brandi's just talking out her ass.  (More full disclosure - I've gone from actively disliking Kyle in S1 to maybe not actively liking her, but having more sympathy for her this year than I did in previous seasons.) 

I completely agree.  Some of these chicks bring the nasty and downright demented, while Kyle, to me, always just brought the immature and sometimes mean-girl, which just can't compete, imo.   She's not my favorite person ever, but I'd much, much rather hang out with her and whip my hair than be in a room for one second with Taylor, Brandi, and Kim.   

My opinion with one episode left to go is Kim and Brandi decided their best course of action was to repeatedly throw out either years old events in some of the other women's lives (Eileen and Vince's previous marriages and Kyle's alleged house stealing) or make such sweeping generalizations that viewers are left scratching their heads wondering what HH did, or what is wrong in Eileen's home now.  Yolanda was spared for a bit but when called on her actions Brandi brought Yolanda's daughter into the fray. 

I get we have been forced to watch total bogus lives of some of these women (Taylor's marriage and financial situation and Camille faking her marriage) feigned happiness when one might be quite miserable, Adrienne and Paul but it does not mean every single other married person has a horrible marriage or relationship with their children or unsavory financial dealings.  Brandi and Kim's plan isn't working as it comes off very bitter.  Brandi cannot stop herself and continually attacks Kyle's commitment to her family.  Like or hate Kyle it is fairly evident she and Mauricio are very much in love and love their children.  Same with Lisa and Ken they have over 30 years together and no one has been able to prove or seriously entertain their marriage is anything but happy and they love their children. 

I don't think I have ever felt the way I do with anyone, than I have with Brandi regarding her marriage.  I mean, I've disliked people enough to feel like I "get" why they have ended up all alone in life, but I've never before felt an actual urge to say "HA-HA!" to someone for being cheated on and dumped.  lol 

She actively pisses me off with her insinuations about the other HW and their marriages.  Brandi could do some real damage and I don't think she cares one way or the other about it.  She's such a miserable cow, who tries to bring others down in order to make herself feel better, that I just can't find one single shred of sympathy for her.  It's not even just non-sympathy at this point, it's anti-sympathy.  Please, oh please, let her be gone next season. 

I don't think Yo shares traits with Big Kathy.  At all. 

Yo earned a lot of her own money before she ever married.  Her daughters weren't put to work before they could walk either.  Yo certainly never had the reputation of a town tramp, drunkenly singing in bars and bringing home a variety of men either. 

I'm not that fond of some things about Yo, especially the whole "King David" fifties style wife stuff, and the vitamins!   

I do love that she expects her children, once they are legal adults,  to earn their own living, not just party around the world on mom and dads money, like so many kids of the 1%.  Yo enjoyed modeling, so I don't think she feels doing that is a hardship for her two girls.  Rather, I think she views it as an opportunity that can, with care, and saving money, set them up for life.  She knows they were blessed with good genes, are lucky for that, and that their highest earning years are right now.

I agree with this in that I don't see Yo as some stage-mom type who is exploiting her girls to make a few bucks.  I think she truly sees it as not only a lucrative career, but as a door to a wide variety of life experiences.  Maybe her journey with modeling and coming to the US without money to being a successful model and marrying well has colored her view of what it would be like for her girls, who are already living the rich American life and don't have the same struggles that she had.  It seems like Yolanda is someone who, like many parents, wants her children to follow in her footsteps because she feels like it has made her the person that she is and she wants to pass that on to her kids.  Now modeling obviously doesn't require the same education and skills as say, a doctor, but I think the pressure and expectations are similar, because it's often more about what the parents want for their kids than what the kids want for themselves.  How many times have we heard Yo talk about how Gigi is like a younger, better version of herself?  I can only imagine how that would make Gigi feel (not to mention Bella).    

I do wish she was more emphatic about the long term benefits of education, but I also can understand what she means when she says that success in modeling is about youth and timing.  I'm not really a fan of the fashion industry, like at all, so I'm 'blah' on the whole thing and I'm tired of hearing from Yo about Gigi's modeling career, but I don't see her in the same light as I do someone like Kathy Hilton, who seemed to push her kids towards fame and money for the sake of fame and money and not for any life lessons or character-building experiences that they would bring.  If anything, I think Yo is too idealistic about modeling and I really hope that it doesn't come back to bite her on the ass one day, for the girls' sake.  IMO of course. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

I agree.  College education is one way to go; there are other routes to successful lives.  

• Love 7

I agree re: college not being for everyone -- it isn't.  Trade schools are also a wonderful alternative, as well.  I didn't finish college for a variety of reasons and I wish I had, so that has influenced my opinion of the importance of higher/continuing education a great deal.  However, if I were a parent who had as much money as the Fosters/Hadids, I'd also encourage my kids to go out and explore their dreams a bit.  I mean, they have the money to not only support their kids' non-college related interests, but also to send them to school wherever and whenever they choose.  The privilege of being wealthy comes with so many more freedoms and I can understand why a parent like Yo would feel comfortable encouraging her kids to pursue a shaky career like modeling (or music or the arts) when money is not a consideration. 

• Love 8

Does anyone know if the season trailer has had any scenes that have not aired, such as what has happened in past seasons? For example, there was a scene of Adrienne saying "She stirs the pot" and it occurred in the Malibu house party, but it never aired.  So far, the only scene I am remembering that hasn't appeared (yet) is where Kyle tells Kim she never apologizes for anything she does. I am guessing that will happen in the next episode.

• Love 1

But it's pretty hard to judge whether college is right for you when you a) only give it a few months; b) you become the "it" girl in modeling - with all the excitement and attention that entails; and b) you're dating some boy singer (?), and you travel and party and become sorta famous. That's a very fun and exciting life for a young woman - fame, attention, celebrity, money, travel - who would pick studying at school over that? That's where good parenting comes in, imo. Yolanda and Mohammed, as her parents, were (still are) in a position to teach her what's important and best for her, and apparently they think a modeling career is it. I have nothing against modeling (!), but I admit to putting more value on a college education, especially at this time in a young person's life. And it's hard not to see that Yo is projecting her modeling career onto her daughters, where the circumstances were different, and her career paid her bills, and she's acting like it's the same with Gigi and Bella when it's not.

• Love 3

Yolanda and Mohammed, as her parents, were (still are) in a position to teach her what's important and best for her, and apparently they think a modeling career is it.

YoFo mentioned that Mohammed is the one who is pushing the college education. It is YoFo who is all about strike while the iron is hot, mentality.

• Love 6

I agree. It is fairly unrealistic with her meteoric rise in the modeling industry to expect her to attend classes. Maybe she will be like Kelly Bensimon and go to college when her modeling career is over. I would rather see her go to college and get a real degree than one of these made up degrees based around her modeling experiences.

Yeah, I'm a big old overly educated nerd, but....you can always go back. Gigi can go to college at 30, she can't really become a model at 30. Some careers have a really short life span (athletes, dancers, models), if you get the shot I say take it. Your life and education won't be over because you didn't get the typical college experience. There are lots of ways and times to go to college. Being in a dorm is great, but it's not the end all be all of a good education(I'm looking at you, Kyle!).
  • Love 17

YoFo mentioned that Mohammed is the one who is pushing the college education. It is YoFo who is all about strike while the iron is hot, mentality.

Really? That's interesting. Good for him, although he appears to be overruled.

• Love 2

This season is best described as jeckyl and Hyde.

Episode 1 through mid way through episode 10 was jeckyl...mid way through episode 10 till end of season is Mr. Hyde.

I much prefer the first half of.the season myself.

• Love 5

I've thought for a while that there are not too many degrees of separation between Big Kathy, Kris Jenner and Yolanda Foster.  ETA:  To clarify, I don't think that any of these women are mothers of the year but I don't see them as being as monstrous as some others seem to think either.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 5

Really? That's interesting. Good for him, although he appears to be overruled.

Yes. YoFo mentioned this when she was having lunch with Bella. I agree, I think YoFo has the final say, although, Mohammed is the one who writes the checks.

• Love 2

I can see making comparisons between Kris Jenner, Yo and even Kathy Hilton.  I can't make comparisons about big Kathy because the only information about her out there is House of Hilton.  One book that was written with sensationalism to sell books.  Most  of it may be true but I'm not going judge her solely on that.  From what I've seen on the show, both Kyle and Kim cared about their mother a lot and I don't think that telling a daughter to take care of your sister who is an addict is abnormal.  I don't think anything that Kyle or Kim has revealed about their mother is particularly abnormal. 

As for Yo, there's no doubt from what we've seen that Yo has 'pushed' the modeling career on both her daughters.  It's more important than a college education.  There's also no doubt that a big part of the reason why Kris's daughter and Yo's daughters are having success in modeling is due to the reality shows.  They're beautiful girls but beautiful girls are a dime a dozen in modeling.  I could see it if a young women was from a modest or middle class background chose successful modeling over college.  I don't agree with it with these girls.  It's about fame.  And their mothers are supporting this.  I think it's kind of screwed up.  I'm sure many will disagree.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 9

Your life and education won't be over because you didn't get the typical college experience.

I agree with your entire post, but especially this.  Some people only go to school as a means to an end for a degree or to satisfy their family's expectations.  Which is great -- college degrees are required for so many more jobs these days than ever before.   But they may not have that intellectual curiosity which drives them to continually seek out knowledge past that stage or even during.  Other people, such as myself, who never had the typical college experience and never did exceptionally well in a school setting, are very self-driven to continually learn new information, new skills, and to keep the mind sharp.  And people can be both formally educated and self-educated as well.  So, I guess I am trying to say that formal higher education, while often necessary for certain careers, isn't necessary for a person to become an intellectually well-rounded individual. 

Plus, as you also pointed out, going to college later in life is completely acceptable and respectable which, imo, doesn't seem as daunting for those who never have to worry about student loans and finances in general.

Yo and Mo's son...Anwar?  He's in his mid-teens, correct?  I wonder which route he will take with formal education.  Or is it just the girls who get pressure from Yo to be famous?  lol   I would be surprised if either of those girls make it big, since there are so many girls competing to be the next supermodel.  But if that's what they want to do, I'm sure they can model for a good number of years and then maybe parlay that into some business venture like so many do.  Their father being some kind of entrepreneur or whatever he is, is also boon for these kids when it comes to career options.   

• Love 4

Yes. YoFo mentioned this when she was having lunch with Bella. I agree, I think YoFo has the final say, although, Mohammed is the one who writes the checks.

According to Yolanda's e-mail to Bella after her DUI, Yolanda claims she is the one working her ass off to pay for the girls' education.

• Love 1

According to Yolanda's e-mail to Bella after her DUI, Yolanda claims she is the one working her ass off to pay for the girls' education.

YoFo must have been under the influence of vitamins when she wrote that. lol  YoFo works her ass off? Doing what? This show? lol

• Love 9

I've thought for a while that there are not too many degrees of separation between Big Kathy, Kris Jenner and Yolanda Foster.  ETA:  To clarify, I don't think that any of these women are mothers of the year but I don't see them as being as monstrous as some others may think either.

I don't know if this is what you referring to, but both Yo's and Kris' current husbands were once married to Linda Thompson. But LA breeds stage moms so I guess that's not too surprising.

• Love 4

I've always been confused about the details of Yolanda's separation and child support agreement with Mo. Since she made that comment a few seasons back about only being able to afford one horse I assume Mo's child support payments aren't limitless. She seems very concerned about her children having financial security which I respect considering how much wealth I'd expect they will inherit? Because Tori Spelling has taught us you can't always count on that.

This season made me like Yolanda better. She seems sincere but out of the loop.

• Love 4

I don't think Mohammed had an endless money supply. There's no doubt he's wealthy, well above the national average but I don't think he has a lot of liquid. He keeps building these lavish mansions, listing them for $50M and then selling for a fraction of that. I'm definitely not implying that they are hurting for money, but it's telling that he doesn't have a permanent home. He just lives in his latest investment. Like any other family in this country, they live within their means. even if their means largely outnumber my entire life's savings. Whatever the story is, I did appreciate Yolanda saying that two horses was too expensive. It was almost endearing.

• Love 2

I've always been confused about the details of Yolanda's separation and child support agreement with Mo. Since she made that comment a few seasons back about only being able to afford one horse I assume Mo's child support payments aren't limitless. She seems very concerned about her children having financial security which I respect considering how much wealth I'd expect they will inherit? Because Tori Spelling has taught us you can't always count on that.

Here is what Mohamed paid-short course $30,000.00  a month for three kids.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/yolana-hadid-super-rich-thanks-to-divorce-settlement/ 

Try this one:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/yolanda-hadid-divorce-settlement-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

Edited by zoeysmom

That one horse was given to her in the divorce. She didn't buy it. It was marital property. I think in that sense that is why YoFo said she couldn't afford more than the one horse because she was referencing the costs for maintaining a horse (feed, care, vet, stables).

As for Tori Spelling, she has a problem with spending. I also believe that a child shouldn't expect their parents money to maintain them, even if their parent was a millionaire 100 times over. One can have millions, but if one goes out and spends money the way she does, and doesn't have a legit career to bring in more money, than it is likely one will have money issues. Tori's career is being on television, but any money she pulls in, she is likely spending it before she even receives that check. 

zoeysmom - link goes nowhere.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

As for Tori Spelling, she has a problem with spending. I also believe that a child shouldn't expect their parents money to maintain them, even if their parent was a millionaire 100 times over. One can have millions, but if one goes out and spends money the way she does, and doesn't have a legit career to bring in more money, than it is likely one will have money issues. Tori's career is being on television, but any money she pulls in, she is likely spending it before she even receives that check.

No disagreement here and Tori's brother has made a nice life for himself with his inheritance. My Tori reference was a little tongue in cheek but I do respect that Yolanda wants her kids to strike while the iron is hot and secure money for themselves. If you can make millions in a few years why not? Yo is very pragmatic really.

Here is what Mohamed paid-short course $30,000.00 a month for three kids. http://www.allabouttrh.com/yolana-hadid-super-rich-thanks-to-divorce-settlement/

My life is so different from Yolanda's that I honestly have no idea if 30k a month is a lot or not that much by BH standards. Edited by racked
  • Love 7

That one horse was given to her in the divorce. She didn't buy it. It was marital property. I think in that sense that is why YoFo said she couldn't afford more than the one horse because she was referencing the costs for maintaining a horse (feed, care, vet, stables).

Try this one, it is ROL but it also mentions $30K a month in child support for joint custody!  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/yolanda-hadid-divorce-settlement-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

• Love 2

Try this one:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/yolanda-hadid-divorce-settlement-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

I always assumed that Yo probably got a nice bit of child support, but may have signed a pre-nup that limited any alimony or divorce settlement. Plus I get the impression that David might be pretty cash poor. So Yo may not actually have much of her own money plus she's down to 1 child support check (I mean I have no doubt Mohammed is supporting the girls but now that they are out of the house the money doesn't filter through Yo and doesn't contribute to the general household fund) so ....basically Yo and David may not be exactly rolling in it.

• Love 1
As if Kim never uttered such words and never started anything. Who was it that fucked up Poker Night?  Brandi had a hand in that as well. LisaR and Kyle were trying to enjoy the night and those two hyenas began their belligerent behavior, calling Kyle "stupid" and just being obnoxious and rude to everyone. Kim started hers in the limo. For all of Brandi's talk about being physical, didn't Kim kick LisaR in the limo?

Kyle, LisaR, and Eileen were all referred to as being stupid at one time or another by Brandi or Kim that evening. I was surprised that there was even debate about who fucked up the evening that night because to me it couldn't have been more clear that things would have been fine and that they all would have gotten along fine if it hadn't been for Kim and Brandi. 

I also think that Brandi's physicality with Kyle was a lot more offensive than Kyle's with Brandi. Both were wrong to put their hands on each other but Brandi was the worst by far. Not only was Brandi more aggressive but she repeatedly put her hands on Kyle, body blocked her, and tried to intimidate her by getting in her face. 

As far as just basic politeness I felt like it was lacking in Brandi and Kim all evening. Neither woman seems to know how to socialize well and don't seem to communicate very well. When Kyle is reacting to being called stupid and is explaining that she isn't stupid, Brandi refuses to take the hint and continues to insist that Kyle is stupid all while acting like it's the most amusing thing ever. When Kyle asks Kim to tell her what she said was wrong, Kim can't articulate a thing. 

With the scuffle where the pizza flies out of Brandi's hand. You have Brandi saying "Stop it, stop it" as she's body blocking Kyle. We have Kyle saying "Please don't do that." When Kyle is shoved down the steps by Brandi, Brandi is the one screaming "Don't fucking touch me!" when Kyle had again simply said "Don't do that." 

Even with the scene where Kyle and Brandi are getting along in the car ride on the way over Brandi can't resist putting Kyle on blast over Limogate. 

ETA: The quote is from the First Look thread.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 13

Kyle, LisaR, and Eileen were all referred to as being stupid at one time or another by Brandi or Kim that evening. I was surprised that there was even debate about who fucked up the evening that night because to me it couldn't have been more clear that things would have been fine and that they all would have gotten along fine if it hadn't been for Kim and Brandi. 

I also think that Brandi's physicality with Kyle was a lot more offensive than Kyle's with Brandi. Both were wrong to put their hands on each other but Brandi was the worst by far. Not only was Brandi more aggressive but she repeatedly put her hands on Kyle, body blocked her, and tried to intimidate her by getting in her face. 

As far as just basic politeness I felt like it was lacking in Brandi and Kim all evening. Neither woman seems to know how to socialize well and don't seem to communicate very well. When Kyle is reacting to being called stupid and is explaining that she isn't stupid, Brandi refuses to take the hint and continues to insist that Kyle is stupid all while acting like it's the most amusing thing ever. When Kyle asks Kim to tell her what she said was wrong, Kim can't articulate a thing. 

With the scuffle where the pizza flies out of Brandi's hand. You have Brandi saying "Stop it, stop it" as she's body blocking Kyle. We have Kyle saying "Please don't do that." When Kyle is shoved down the steps by Brandi, Brandi is the one screaming "Don't fucking touch me!" when Kyle had again simply said "Don't do that." 

Even with the scene where Kyle and Brandi are getting along in the car ride on the way over Brandi can't resist putting Kyle on blast over Limogate. 

ETA: The quote is from the First Look thread.

What really brings it home for me is if I replace either Brandi and Kim or Lisa R and Kyle with the two missing HW, Lisa V and Yolanda and think about what would have happened. 

If LVP and Yo replaced Brandi and Kim, would either have gotten into the limo cracked out and then proceeded to verbally abuse their limo-mate?  Would either LVP or Yo have called Kyle and Lisa R stupid, hang all over each other while being overly loud to the point that Vince couldn't be heard, or have openly mocked Eileen's home?  Would either LVP or Yo have made rude, threatening gestures to Kyle and then follow her into the bathroom?  Would either have left suddenly only to come back into Eileen's home to "thank" Kyle and then run off?  Would the one have blocked Kyle from trying to talk to the other and then pushed Kyle down some stairs, or have dropped pizza on the ground and left it there while shouting obscenities in the driveway?  Would either LVP or Yo not apologize for such behavior in the moment or the following day?

Or... if LVP and Yo replaced Kyle and Lisa R. would Kim have not shown up all cracked out?  Would she have been a friendly, fun person to share a limo with?  Would she have not been a 100% bitch to all of the other ladies?  Would Brandi have not made rude comments to Eileen about her home?  Would Brandi and Kim have not called LVP and Yo dumb for not picking up on poker right off?  Would Brandi, being in the presence of her two "mothering figures", one past and one present-tense, have passed up the opportunity to show off and either cut down LVP or obsessively hang all over her?  Would Kim not behave angrily toward LVP, since there's no love lost and BFF Brandi loves LVP more than her?  Would those two have been totally not drunk and/or high at the poker party if not for Kyle and Lisa R? 

Brandi and Kim made the night chaotic and miserable, because that's who they are, not because of who they were with.  I wish I could rewind time and have Poker Night at Eileen and Vince's house with Kyle, Lisa V and R and Yo.  I think that would have been plenty fun, raucous, and entertaining, with 100% less crack and assholes stinking it up.     

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

I don't think Mohammed had an endless money supply. There's no doubt he's wealthy, well above the national average but I don't think he has a lot of liquid.

I'm not sure what he's got but I want me some!!  His instagram KILLS me.  Especially when he's on vacation with Shiva and all the kids.  One thing about the guy, he loves his kids and grandkids fiercely.  These people know how to live and laugh and some of the pictures are so damn loving and gorgeous I want to cry.   

If you look at his account, look at the picture of Anwar on the sidelines in his football jersey.  The kid is going to be a ridiculously good looking man.

https://instagram.com/p/0GAUWfFKZ5/?taken-by=mohamedhadid

• Love 7

I always assumed that Yo probably got a nice bit of child support, but may have signed a pre-nup that limited any alimony or divorce settlement. Plus I get the impression that David might be pretty cash poor. So Yo may not actually have much of her own money plus she's down to 1 child support check (I mean I have no doubt Mohammed is supporting the girls but now that they are out of the house the money doesn't filter through Yo and doesn't contribute to the general household fund) so ....basically Yo and David may not be exactly rolling in it.

David and Mauricio are probably the two husbands that pull in the most dough. Both are CEOs and David has got to make a ton of money in royalties. Granted David has 20 plus years on Mauricio and who knows how much longer he wants to works as a CEO but it is still a nice wage. That house in Malibu-is in David's name.  I believe he paid around $6 million for the land and another $6 million to build it.  He may talk about losing his homes in his divorces but he can come back quite quickly and rebuild.  I also wonder why it took these two love birds so long to get married.  I think Foster was a bit shy about a fourth divorce.  I would love to see the pre-nup.

Yolanda lived in toney Montecito after she divorced Mohamed.  Although they had joint custody I think the children were with Yolanda during the school week as it is a good two hours from the Beverly Hills area.

My guess is Yolanda's money from RHOBH is all hers and David picks up the tab for the mansion.  I truly believe that house was built to be showcased by both their wedding and on RHOBH for a lucrative sale.  The reason it has been on the market so long is it is drastically overpriced.  They don't seem to be in a hurry to sell it and yet David wants to move to Beverly Hills to cut down on commute time. 

I love the idea that there are so many scenes with the house and grounds as a backdrop.  Even the refrigerator got its own cameo again this year.

I took a peek at Yolanda's Twitter, lots of pictures of Gigi's latest modeling and then a picture and caption of Yolanda being pleased she had gotten out of bed, bathed and shaved her legs.  She sounds very, very ill.

• Love 3

They did have a pre-nup, but it was declared "null and void". Most people speculated because of Mo's penchant for cheating. 

Yo made out nicely in the divorce.  A house in Santa Barbara, a house in Malibu, the horse, and unspecified bank accounts. She also got a one-time payment of almost $4MM in cash, and then the child support. One thing also is that Mo is the one paying for the children's educations, so I am not quite sure what Yo was alluding to in her letter to Bella. He also has to pay for one full-time, live in Nanny for the kids. The live-in nanny thing always kills me when these ladies have no job. I get the housekeeper, groundskeeper, etc., but I would never want someone living with me full-time to help care for my kids if I didn't have a regular job to tend to. 

• Love 3

I don't know if this is what you referring to, but both Yo's and Kris' current husbands were once married to Linda Thompson. But LA breeds stage moms so I guess that's not too surprising.

Actually I was not referring to those degrees of separation but I have thought about it previously.  Furthermore I think that Kris Jenner may have known Big Kathy and have wondered in the past if Kris has borrowed from Big Kathy's playbook* when she was building Kardashian  / Jenner brand.

* directly or indirectly via Little Kathy and Paris.

• Love 1

They did have a pre-nup, but it was declared "null and void". Most people speculated because of Mo's penchant for cheating. 

Yo made out nicely in the divorce.  A house in Santa Barbara, a house in Malibu, the horse, and unspecified bank accounts. She also got a one-time payment of almost $4MM in cash, and then the child support. One thing also is that Mo is the one paying for the children's educations, so I am not quite sure what Yo was alluding to in her letter to Bella. He also has to pay for one full-time, live in Nanny for the kids. The live-in nanny thing always kills me when these ladies have no job. I get the housekeeper, groundskeeper, etc., but I would never want someone living with me full-time to help care for my kids if I didn't have a regular job to tend to. 

Brandi had a nanny when she married to Eddie which makes zero sense because later on she attacks Kyle on Game Night claiming she has all these nannies.  So far the only ones without a nanny is Kyle.  I know she has help and obviously the need for a babysitter - that was why Camille's assertion about Mauricio and nanny was so funny.  it irks me when people call baby sitters nannies or college kids au pairs.  They are sitters plain and simple.

• Love 8

Brandi had a nanny when she married to Eddie which makes zero sense because later on she attacks Kyle on Game Night claiming she has all these nannies.  So far the only ones without a nanny is Kyle.  I know she has help and obviously the need for a babysitter - that was why Camille's assertion about Mauricio and nanny was so funny.  it irks me when people call baby sitters nannies or college kids au pairs.  They are sitters plain and simple.

Eh Kyle may not have a nanny on paper but I think that she has a good amount of help in that area and minimizes it because it does not fit her earth mother image.  I recall in season one Kyle being in a bind when it came to childcare because her "live-in" ran off in the middle of the night.

ETA:

For the record I'm not trying to give credence to Brandi because I believe that her life with Eddie prior to her divorce was comparable to Kyle's and some of the other rich, but not super rich HWs, and now she makes disparaging remarks about vacations and nannies as part of her bitterness of what she lost when Eddie left.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

Actually I was not referring to those degrees of separation but I have thought about it previously.  Furthermore I think that Kris Jenner may have known Big Kathy and have wondered in the past if Kris has borrowed from Big Kathy's playbook* when she was building Kardashian  / Jenner brand.

* directly or indirectly via Little Kathy and Paris.

I think by the time Paris and Kim K got of celebutante age Kathy Hilton and Kris Jenner all had the connections-it was just none of their kids had any talent or the desire to pursue an education so a class of celebutantes was invented.  Let's face it until Kemdall none of the Kardashian/Jenner girls were model material.

Big Kathy actually spent a lot of time taking her kids to auditions and in the case of Little Kathy trying to further her music career.  Love them or hate them the Richards sisters, Kim and Kyle benefitted from their mom's advocacy.  We see Yolanda at Gigi's and then Bella's early photo shoots-to me that is a stage mama.  Yolanda is practically directing them.  As much as Yolanda thinks she is trying to be helpful I am sure the crew would have done just fine without her. 

To me for Season 5 Yolanda was the one who was the go to words of wisdom.  The problem with her is she misses so many group activities and then goes to Brandi and regurgitates what she has heard and it is not working.  To me things like Kyle was drunk at the Gay Mixer, coming out of Brandi's mouth are forever etched in her brain.  So Yolanda just sees all these Brandi/Kim instigated dust ups as drunken brawls and out comes the temperance lecture.  If the all mighty Yolanda were so concerned about she and the King's reputation at the charity event or in their home why the hell would they invite Brandi?  That is why I find Yolanda incredibly insincere.  Her coming on the Reunion now (after saying right about the Poker Night episode airing she can no longer comprehend writings or even TV) and throwing out her opinion is just wrong.  She starts down the road of they can't just kick Brandi to the curb like a bag of trash.  Why not?  There are four out of the five people that have zero desire to ever shoot with Brandi again.    

• Love 8

Eh Kyle may not have a nanny on paper but I think that she has a good amount of help in that area and minimizes it because it does not fit her earth mother image.  I recall in season one Kyle being in a bind when it came to childcare because her "live-in" ran off in the middle of the night.

ETA:

For the record I'm not trying to give credence to Brandi because I believe that her life with Eddie prior to her divorce was comparable to Kyle's and some of the other rich, but not super rich HWs, and now she makes disparaging remarks about vacations and nannies as part of her bitterness of what she lost when Eddie left.

Kyle had said she has someone that does the housework and my guess is that person can also double and watch the children if need be.  I think she said something about the girl Monday running off. Must be a Big Kathy term.  To me the difference between a nanny-Camille had a nanny for each child (that is why she had four) and someone who watched the children when you have to go to the doctor or to another child's event or out to dinner. Nannies for those who can afford a good one are really around to help in the raising, teaching and nurturing of the children.  Having an assistant or helper is just different to me. 

Brandi is the one saying she had a huge house and it was she, the nanny and her mother-in-law that raised the boys until Eddie hooked up with LeAnn.  I agree I think Brandi spent like the rich and famous.  At the time of her divorce she asked for $40,000.00 a month in support.  She had some ridiculous assertions-$4,000.00 a month for eating out, $750.00 a month for Pilates the list went on. http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wmbrandi_glanville_income_and_expense359.pdf

Yo gave Kyle very bad advice about Kim. She's a surface lady. She does not impress me in the least.

It was offensive.  Yolanda has no depth and takes complicated situations and applies very simplistic solutions.  Show the ladies you are not an alcoholic -go on a 21 day cleanse.  That means nothing-other than Brandi can't blame her bad behavior on alcohol for 21 days.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8