Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Days of Real Housewives Lives - The Season in Review

• Start Topic

In addition to that Brandi has mentioned being tipped off / getting inside info from tabloids.

Last season she was tipped off well in advance that Star Magazine was going to run a story about Mauricio being unfaithful and that is how she justified bringing it up on camera. According to Brandi she was being a "girl's girl" and brought it up in the event Kyle wanted to find some way to get the story killed.

In season 3 Brandi claimed that her contacts at Radar Online revealed their sources to her regarding stories about her including Adrienne's chef Bernie.  As a side note, that was a shady move on Brandi's part because one, Bernie talked about her on the record, and two, more importantly, Brandi falsely claimed that Adrienne and / or Bernie fed stories to ROL about her being a bad parent and that is what upset her with Adrienne and caused her to reveal the surrogacy because she was so upset with Adrienne, but if you look at the Brandi related stories, there were NO stories planted that fit that description before the surrogacy reveal, the closest was a story based on an interview that Brandi did where she said she wanted to kill LeAnn Rimes when she saw her son sitting on LeAnn's lap.  After the surrogacy reveal there were a couple stories that looked like they were from Adrienne's camp, but (IIRC) those stories were mostly about Brandi being a drunk mean girl.

Quinn Thanks so much for going into detail about this tabloid, surrogacy matter. It has become a big blur to me. I was lost on why Brandi thought Adrienne was a liar and how that meant she could expose the surrogacy since that had nothing to do with Brandi personally. You have cleared it all up.

Genius! That scene would have made more sense if Lisa had said that they were going to do that or at least something with the wood.

Wood? I thought the playset was plastic?

The hearts on the place cards were strange though I don't remember her doing crappy things.  I wonder if Bravo put her up to that or she just innocently had not spent time with the others much and did not see the problem with it.   Or she got sucked in there for a minute and realized she was on a slippery slope and took another direction. 

Did you forget how she allowed Brandi to say borderline racist remarks to Joyce at that same dinner? I comment YoFo "allowed" it because it was YoFo's dinner party in YoFo's home. Is that how a hostess allows a guest to treat another guest? Who the hell allows a guest to tell another guest to speak in English because the guest dared to speak in her native language? If YoFo had a Dutch relative there who only spoke Dutch, would she have allowed Brandi to say such a thing to them? Then, as Brandi said more racist remarks to Joyce at the swimming pool in Palm Springs, YoFo just sits there and smirks.  And, as another poster mentioned, YoFo had her back to Joyce the entire reunion, and when she did speak of or to Joyce, she remained giving Joyce her back while pointing at her as if she was not worthy of being there. 

YoFo gets all butt hurt if Brandi dares to say or do the wrong things that personally affect YoFo in some way such as when Brandi uttered the words "Bella is an alcoholic" when she was deflecting what YoFo was telling her about her own drinking behavior. When Brandi's drunken behavior was directed at Babyface and his wife, suddenly YoFo has to say something. But when it happened to Michael and Joyce - nothing. Nada!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14

Context is important.  As a viewer, Brandi's comments took me out of the scene.  I was enjoying the beauty of the house, dinner, and the conversation.  Everyone was chatting along cordially then Brandi says something inappropriate to shock the room and bring all of the attention her way.  She ruined the vibe of that party and I was really mad when she did that.  I like Babyface and I wanted to hear him come up with a song and Brandi ruined that for me.

I think people like Kim always make their contributions bigger than what they really are.  I also think that some things don't deserve applause because they are what you are supposed to do.  You are supposed to take in your mother if she needs you to do so.  Just because other people don't does not make you special because you do.

Took me out of the scene as well.  This is a great example of Brandi's non-humorous humor and the digs she makes at others' expense.  Also, the fact that she's using it on the wrong audience, at the wrong time.  Though I'm not sure it is ever humorous to comment on the size of the stones in a person's engagement/wedding ring -- not only to the wife's face, but also in front of the husband.  The finger-banging comment was the same.  It wasn't some abstract reference or part of the current conversation.  It was directed towards someone, calling them out and putting them on the spot.  She makes people the butt of her "jokes" and you really have to be careful when you do that.  It takes a lot more to pull something like that off and have people react well to it than Brandi could ever understand. 

Kim is so that person who exaggerates their accomplishments and their role in said accomplishments.  She wants to be exalted for doing things that most of us do on a regular basis.  If she wants to feel proud of the basic things she is able to do in life then she needs a therapist and maybe a life coach or mentor, who can provide positive feedback for goals completed successfully.  She's not the only one who needs or has a set up like this, either.  She just can't expect everyone in her family, her friends, and the world at large to make her feel good about herself all of the time, especially when some of these things are done by people the world over, everyday, without having a ticker-tape parade thrown in their honor.  .   

Speaking of Yolanda; I missed her first season on the show, but really didn't like her at all last year.  She gave off a very insincere, haughty, know-it-all vibe.  Not sure if it was because she was just having an 'off' year or I as missing some context from season 3, or what.  This year she's been much better, but also sicker I guess, so maybe that mellows her.  I still find her support of Brandi's bullshit annoying though.  I hope she's not back next season, so she can focus on her health. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

snipped for space only:

Did you forget how she allowed Brandi to say borderline racist remarks to Joyce at that same dinner? I comment YoFo "allowed" it because it was YoFo's dinner party in YoFo's home. Is that how a hostess allows a guest to treat another guest? Who the hell allows a guest to tell another guest to speak in English because the guest dared to speak in her native language?...But when it happened to Michael and Joyce - nothing. Nada!

Yes to all of your post -- and I'd just add that Yo (in the extra footage from Amsterdam) laughed when Kim made that nasty comment about LisaR not having seen dick/a naked man in a long time. Yo didn't ignore, rebuff or disagree with Kim  -- or even demure in a gentle way -- she laughed.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Yes to all of your post -- and I'd just add that Yo (in the extra footage from Amsterdam) laughed when Kim made that nasty comment about LisaR not having seen dick/a naked man in a long time. Yo didn't ignore, rebuff or disagree with Kim  -- or even demure in a gentle way -- she laughed.  

I missed that.

Maybe it's an open secret in Hollywood that Harry really swings the other way, or that both Lipsa and Harry do?

• Love 2

I forgot about that footage. See, that is what happens with menopause - forgetfulness. I cannot wait until Brandi gets there. *karma*

Maybe it's an open secret in Hollywood that Harry really swings the other way, or that both Lipsa and Harry do?

Maybe it is Brandi whispering in Kim's ear one too many times after they share wine and pills for their "pain" and "anxiety"?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14

Quinn Thanks so much for going into detail about this tabloid, surrogacy matter. It has become a big blur to me. I was lost on why Brandi thought Adrienne was a liar and how that meant she could expose the surrogacy since that had nothing to do with Brandi personally. You have cleared it all up.

Wood? I thought the playset was plastic?

Did you forget how she allowed Brandi to say borderline racist remarks to Joyce at that same dinner? I comment YoFo "allowed" it because it was YoFo's dinner party in YoFo's home. Is that how a hostess allows a guest to treat another guest? Who the hell allows a guest to tell another guest to speak in English because the guest dared to speak in her native language? If YoFo had a Dutch relative there who only spoke Dutch, would she have allowed Brandi to say such a thing to them? Then, as Brandi said more racist remarks to Joyce at the swimming pool in Palm Springs, YoFo just sits there and smirks.  And, as another poster mentioned, YoFo had her back to Joyce the entire reunion, and when she did speak of or to Joyce, she remained giving Joyce her back while pointing at her as if she was not worthy of being there. 

YoFo gets all butt hurt if Brandi dares to say or do the wrong things that personally affect YoFo in some way such as when Brandi uttered the words "Bella is an alcoholic" when she was deflecting what YoFo was telling her about her own drinking behavior. When Brandi's drunken behavior was directed at Babyface and his wife, suddenly YoFo has to say something. But when it happened to Michael and Joyce - nothing. Nada!

David had asked Joyce to give her toast in Spanish. Joyce said something quite nice to Gigi about seeing her on a billboard and Brandi felt the need to add, "Joyce makes it all about her." Equally misbehaved were Ken and Lisa and then shit got real when they went to dinner at SUR and Brandi went after Joyce and Michael, Michael, game, set, match.   Yolanda and the rest were left looking like absolute fools going around the table telling, Michael and Joyce, how Brandi was really okay after she showed her ass.  Brandi then went to discredit Ken and Lisa that season, in the off season she went after Mohamed (did it again twice this year) and is now being sued for one of the misrepresentations, said Bella was alcoholic and hurt Yolanda's feelings. 

I do not know why Yolanda thinks it behooves her to still champion Brandi.  Brandi just tweeted yesterday that she had cancel a coffee date with Yolanda.  So even when the two do not  get together they still give the viewers the "ride or die friends" vibe. 

Joyce might be interesting to bring back around. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10

I would love to see Joyce and Mr. Joyce come back. Even if they weren't cast members. Lisav should just invite them to parties and dinners in the same way that Camille Grammer is invited to these events. I bet if Lisav went on and on about how great Joyce and Mr. Joyce are at the table and puts it in Tampon Sally's face that the menses will hit the fan big time.

• Love 16

I don't remember that.  Maybe she was laughing at the absurdity of the comment.  Her memory is shot and her mind is not keen (Lyme) so I can see this happening.  Kim does not often make sense. 

• Love 2

Took me out of the scene as well.  This is a great example of Brandi's non-humorous humor and the digs she makes at others' expense.  Also, the fact that she's using it on the wrong audience, at the wrong time.  Though I'm not sure it is ever humorous to comment on the size of the stones in a person's engagement/wedding ring -- not only to the wife's face, but also in front of the husband.  The finger-banging comment was the same.  It wasn't some abstract reference or part of the current conversation.  It was directed towards someone, calling them out and putting them on the spot.  She makes people the butt of her "jokes" and you really have to be careful when you do that.  It takes a lot more to pull something like that off and have people react well to it than Brandi could ever understand. 

Kim is so that person who exaggerates their accomplishments and their role in said accomplishments.  She wants to be exalted for doing things that most of us do on a regular basis.  If she wants to feel proud of the basic things she is able to do in life then she needs a therapist and maybe a life coach or mentor, who can provide positive feedback for goals completed successfully.  She's not the only one who needs or has a set up like this, either.  She just can't expect everyone in her family, her friends, and the world at large to make her feel good about herself all of the time, especially when some of these things are done by people the world over, everyday, without having a ticker-tape parade thrown in their honor.  .   

Speaking of Yolanda; I missed her first season on the show, but really didn't like her at all last year.  She gave off a very insincere, haughty, know-it-all vibe.  Not sure if it was because she was just having an 'off' year or I as missing some context from season 3, or what.  This year she's been much better, but also sicker I guess, so maybe that mellows her.  I still find her support of Brandi's bullshit annoying though.  I hope she's not back next season, so she can focus on her health.

Co-sign everything you said re; Brandi & Kim, SwordQueen.

You know, regarding Yolanda, I haven't really liked her -- liked her all three seasons she's been on. There are aspects I like about her. I love the wealth and luxury she brings to the show for sure. She seems very generous in a genuine way which I like. I thought she was a bitch last season with her dream team. I thought she was a total bitch and liar during her first reunion. She is loyal, which is why she sticks to Brandi. She wants something from LVP, not sure what exactly, and she gets passive-aggressive with her and I'm not in love that bc I like LVP. I think she's a great mother and I am intrigued with Bella & Gigi. To sum up, I like her better this season than her first two. I have always wanted to see her return each season. My husband really can't stand this show but it does intrigue him a little, that said, Yolanda is probably his favorite HW. What can I say? He's a sucker for blondes and he thinks it's fantastic how she waits on her husband --ha! Get real man, I tell him!!

• Love 8

I don't remember that.  Maybe she was laughing at the absurdity of the comment.  Her memory is shot and her mind is not keen (Lyme) so I can see this happening.  Kim does not often make sense. 

I didn't get the sense that Yo was unaware of what Kim was saying, or considered it absurd -- it was part of the women laughing and playing around with each other after seeing the naked jogger -- Kim was clearly following up on that. JMO.

• Love 7

I didn't get the sense that Yo was unaware of what Kim was saying, or considered it absurd -- it was part of the women laughing and playing around with each other after seeing the naked jogger -- Kim was clearly following up on that. JMO.

I agree. I don't think Yo was necessarily laughing at what Kim said. She kind of smiled and looked immediately away. It wasn't clear to me that she really heard or understood what was even said.

• Love 3

Co-sign everything you said re; Brandi & Kim, SwordQueen.

You know, regarding Yolanda, I haven't really liked her -- liked her all three seasons she's been on. There are aspects I like about her. I love the wealth and luxury she brings to the show for sure. She seems very generous in a genuine way which I like. I thought she was a bitch last season with her dream team. I thought she was a total bitch and liar during her first reunion. She is loyal, which is why she sticks to Brandi. She wants something from LVP, not sure what exactly, and she gets passive-aggressive with her and I'm not in love that bc I like LVP. I think she's a great mother and I am intrigued with Bella & Gigi. To sum up, I like her better this season than her first two. I have always wanted to see her return each season. My husband really can't stand this show but it does intrigue him a little, that said, Yolanda is probably his favorite HW. What can I say? He's a sucker for blondes and he thinks it's fantastic how she waits on her husband --ha! Get real man, I tell him!!

What is the deal with Yo and LVP anyway?  Is it because of Mohamed?  It seemed to me, since Season 4, that Yolanda has it out for Lisa, a bit.  Maybe it goes both ways, I don't know.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I find Yolanda with her kids a bit boring.  Her kids are a bit boring, too, for me.  Maybe it's because like 99.999% of their scenes are related to modelling in some capacity and she's always going on and on about how Gigi is the bestest best that ever dared to best.  No thanks.  lol   

I think there is a great deal of smiling and nodding when Kim is involved.

lol   Lisa R. was doing a lot of that in the Limo Ride From Hell scenes.  And a lot of "OOOOK, Kim, alright". 

She really is a rabid squirrel, all twitchy and bitey, can be found on the ground searching for "nuts" and making noises no one can understand. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 18

Yolanda's greatest hits

Telling the workman he had to learn how to speak English like she did if he ever wanted to get anywhere.

Laughing at Brandi while she made racist jokes about Joyce at the table at Sur.

Losing it when Lisa Vanderpump didn't show up to fingerpaint a gift for Gigi's next apartment.

Trying to embarrass some of her guests by shouting that some of them were on her "Dream team" with special hearts on their place cards.

Tackling Gigi when she wanted a piece of cake at her graduation and demanding that she only eat almonds if she ever wanted to be a model.

Turning her back on Joyce at the reunion and calling her "this one." At least she didn't say "these people."

Choking out an exercise instructor even though she is so frail that she can't get out of bed. 

Telling Gigi she thought she was a lesbian because she liked to play sports.

Laughing at Kim's joke that implied Lisar had not been getting it in. Because you know Kim is the "Love Machine."

Yes. Yolanda seems like a very pleasant person.

• Love 22

This is pure speculation. I just want to make it clear that I have not heard a rumour nor am I trying to start one.

What Kyle said about her mother making them promise not to sell My Goddamn House for ten years got me thinking. Big Kathy didn't seem the type who was sentimental about real estate, and I imagine she would heartily approve of Kyle moving on up to a multi-million dollar property. What was with the ten year hold? Somebody jump in and correct me if I'm way off, but does the timing here of how long that house was supposed to stay in the family roughly match up to when Kim's youngest child, Kimberly, reached adulthood? I'm wondering if Kim's fixation on My Goddamn House is in part because it was intended to be her Plan B, the soft place to land with her kids if her life crashed and burned. Kyle made kind of a thing in the first season about how the house was for all the family to use, though that could easily be a defensive reaction to all of the You Stole My Goddamn House! drama that you know had to have already happened in private. I've just been mulling over all the undercurrents of this feud.

• Love 10

Naked jogger?  Maybe I have Lyme disease!  Was that on this last  episode?  Now I want to watch that but going back, ugh.  Maybe I drifted off.  It happens. 

• Love 2

What is the deal with Yo and LVP anyway?  Is it because of Mohamed?  It seemed to me, since Season 4, that Yolanda has it out for Lisa, a bit.  Maybe it goes both ways, I don't know.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I find Yolanda with her kids a bit boring.  Her kids are a bit boring, too, for me.  Maybe it's because like 99.999% of their scenes are related to modelling in some capacity and she's always going on and on about how Gigi is the bestest best that ever dared to be best. No thanks. lol.

I don't think anyone knows what's behind the story between Lisa and Yo. I think it has to do with Mohammed. My best guess is that there's some type of weird territorial thing maybe? Women are catty. I love my girlfriends but men are so straightforward and easy and fun to be around, whereas with women there are so many nuances , and Yo & Lisa aren't even friends -- just friendly for the sake of Mo. Another thing, Yo requires something from Lisa that she's just not willing to give and probably doesn't want to give.

Re; Yo's daughters, boring? Eh, a little, but their story isn't meant to be compelling or drive the show like it was in the earlier days of Housewives back in the beginning like in OC. Which is a good thing, bc most of their exposure had negative results. Not the case anymore. Just as it should be.

• Love 6

I thought that was weird too.  Maybe it was Big Kathy's way of controlling them from the grave.

Maybe so. If so, well played, Big Kathy!

I've heard of houses being willed in such a way that they are kept in the family, but I think those are usually things like family vacation homes, farms, property that's been in the family for generations already. Big Kathy hadn't even been in the house ten years when she died, she lived there with her fourth husband, nobody grew up in it, how much sentimental attachment could there have been? But with the coincidence of the timing and the way Kim is so obsessively invested I'm just wondering if there's even more to the story.

• Love 5

I've heard of houses being willed in such a way that they are kept in the family, but I think those are usually things like family vacation homes, farms, property that's been in the family for generations already. Big Kathy hadn't even been in the house ten years when she died, she lived there with her fourth husband, nobody grew up in it, how much sentimental attachment could there have been? But with the coincidence of the timing and the way Kim is so obsessively invested I'm just wondering if there's even more to the story.

I don't know if there is anything more to the story outside Kim wanting a house to live in without any of those pesky details like paying bills. IMO, Kim feels she is entitled to whatever Kathy/Kyle have because she is "Kim Richards" after all! LOL

• Love 10

Kind of creepy though that Big Kathy is still controlling and stirring up the dysfunction from the grave. Then again, they allow it and play right into it.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone knows what's behind the story between Lisa and Yo. I think it has to do with Mohammed. My best guess is that there's some type of weird territorial thing maybe? Women are catty. I love my girlfriends but men are so straightforward and easy and fun to be around, whereas with women there are so many nuances , and Yo & Lisa aren't even friends -- just friendly for the sake of Mo. Another thing, Yo requires something from Lisa that she's just not willing to give and probably doesn't want to give.

Re; Yo's daughters, boring? Eh, a little, but their story isn't meant to be compelling or drive the show like it was in the earlier days of Housewives back in the beginning like in OC. Which is a good thing, bc most of their exposure had negative results. Not the case anymore. Just as it should be.

I have always thought that Yo resented the importance that Lisa plays in Mo's life. He is fiercely loyal to her (or as Brandi says, he is creepy). It doesn't sound like he was fiercely loyal to Yo, since he cheated on her, I believe repeatedly. Obviously the relationships between spouses and friends are different, but I always wondered if it wasn't wierd for Yo to be working with someone who had such a close bond with not only her ex-husband, but also her children. Lisa has talked often in her blogs about spending a lot of time with the Hadid children, including holidays and vacations. She has a level of intimacy with Yo's children that Yo cannot claim to have with Lisa's kids. This I think might give Lisa more power in their relationship. Yo was tossed to the side by Mo, but he will never toss Lisa aside. It should also be noted that because Lisa knew Mo so well, she also knew King David, who lived with Mo for a time. At that time David didn't even know Yo yet, but asked to meet her after seeing a picture of her in Mo's home. As the matter of fact, Lisa was present on the night The King proposed to Yo. So Lisa even knew David before Yo did, although I don't think that well. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

Big Kathy's obituary says she died in Arizona.  And, somewhere I read that Kim, and her kids, moved to Arizona to take care of her mother.  So, the PS house was a vacation home.   I wonder if Kim got the Arizona house?   That would explain why the PS house was left to all three girls.

• Love 2

I always had a hunch Lisa knew about the cheating while it was happening, since she's been Mohammed's friend for so long.  I don't think it was a pleasant divorce either, Yolanda did not go gently into that good night, so Lisa was probably around during a bleak, sad, and lawyer filled section of Yo's life.  On  Mo's side.

One thing I do admire about Yo is maintaining decent relations with her children's father.  For them, obviously. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7

I always had a hunch Lisa knew about the cheating while it was happening, since she's been Mohammed's friend for so long.  I don't think it was a pleasant divorce either, Yolanda did not go gently into that good night, so Lisa was probably around during a bleak, sad, and lawyer filled section of Yo's life.  On  Mo's side.

One thing I do admire about Yo is maintaining decent relations with her children's father.  For them, obviously. 

I wonder how Yo felt with Brandi's mean imitation of Mo's relationship to Lisa.  After all, that's the father to her children.   Combined with Brandi's jab about Bella, I'm really surprised Yo has put up with all of her below the belt comebacks. 

• Love 7

I don't know if there is anything more to the story outside Kim wanting a house to live in without any of those pesky details like paying bills. IMO, Kim feels she is entitled to whatever Kathy/Kyle have because she is "Kim Richards" after all! LOL

It doesn't pay to underestimate Kim's sense of entitlement, for sure. I still can't think of any charitable way of looking at the fact that, for whatever reason, she took a pass on buying the house when Kyle and Mo put it on the market, and then she got on camera and told a fairy tale about wicked Kyle selling the house without even telling poor damsel-in-permanent-distress Kim. Kim is trying to destroy her sister's reputation. Or? Can't imagine a good light to see that in. That's partly why I keep turning the whole thing around in my head, I think. I'm looking for a way that Kim isn't a total monster.

Kind of creepy though that Big Kathy is still controlling and stirring up the dysfunction from the grave. Then again, they allow it and play right into it.

It's their normal.

• Love 8

Naked jogger?  Maybe I have Lyme disease!  Was that on this last  episode?  Now I want to watch that but going back, ugh.  Maybe I drifted off.  It happens. 

You don't have Lyme:)  It was in the extra footage (for the Amsterdam eps -- I mentioned that but maybe you missed it -- which is easy to do, with these episodes lately).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I have always thought that Yo resented the importance that Lisa plays in Mo's life. He is fiercely loyal to her (or as Brandi says, he is creepy). It doesn't sound like he was fiercely loyal to Yo, since he cheated on her, I believe repeatedly. Obviously the relationships between spouses and friends are different, but I always wondered if it wasn't wierd for Yo to be working with someone who had such a close bond with not only her ex-husband, but also her children. Lisa has talked often in her blogs about spending a lot of time with the Hadid children, including holidays and vacations. She has a level of intimacy with Yo's children that Yo cannot claim to have with Lisa's kids. This I think might give Lisa more power in their relationship. Yo was tossed to the side by Mo, but he will never toss Lisa aside. It should also be noted that because Lisa knew Mo so well, she also knew King David, who lived with Mo for a time. At that time David didn't even know Yo yet, but asked to meet her after seeing a picture of her in Mo's home. As the matter of fact, Lisa was present on the night The King proposed to Yo. So Lisa even knew David before Yo did, although I don't think that well.

I suspect that Yolanda and Mohammed were already separated when Lisa/Ken met him.

It doesn't pay to underestimate Kim's sense of entitlement, for sure. I still can't think of any charitable way of looking at the fact that, for whatever reason, she took a pass on buying the house when Kyle and Mo put it on the market, and then she got on camera and told a fairy tale about wicked Kyle selling the house without even telling poor damsel-in-permanent-distress Kim. Kim is trying to destroy her sister's reputation. Or? Can't imagine a good light to see that in. That's partly why I keep turning the whole thing around in my head, I think. I'm looking for a way that Kim isn't a total monster.

It's their normal.

I hate to say this about any human being but I think Kim is that nasty in real life and that she is a bottomless black pit of self entitlement that enjoys causing her younger sister pain. Her face when she does it speaks volumes IMO. 

• Love 13

This is pure speculation. I just want to make it clear that I have not heard a rumour nor am I trying to start one.

What Kyle said about her mother making them promise not to sell My Goddamn House for ten years got me thinking. Big Kathy didn't seem the type who was sentimental about real estate, and I imagine she would heartily approve of Kyle moving on up to a multi-million dollar property. What was with the ten year hold? Somebody jump in and correct me if I'm way off, but does the timing here of how long that house was supposed to stay in the family roughly match up to when Kim's youngest child, Kimberly, reached adulthood? I'm wondering if Kim's fixation on My Goddamn House is in part because it was intended to be her Plan B, the soft place to land with her kids if her life crashed and burned. Kyle made kind of a thing in the first season about how the house was for all the family to use, though that could easily be a defensive reaction to all of the You Stole My Goddamn House! drama that you know had to have already happened in private. I've just been mulling over all the undercurrents of this feud.

I think Big Kathy wanted to be remembered and knew that Kyle would maintain a shrine.  Obviously the other two bailed after two years of ownership so Big Kathy picked the right daughter.  I don't think the 10 year contingency was part of the trust I think it was something Kyle just honored.

Kyle's talking head may have had been filmed after the explosion in the limo.  It doesn't matter how many times Kim says it - it doesn't make it true.  For Kim to come back in 5 years later and claim she can be a "partner" with a small percentage of a buy in and zero means to make the monthly stokes is telling.  I get when Kyle said, "I am selling Mom's house," it invoked some memories but it doesn't change what transpired.  So Kim forcing Kyle to tell family business by making false accusations just goes to the morally inferior human being she has become. 

• Love 9

I suspect that Yolanda and Mohammed were already separated when Lisa/Ken met him.

I hate to say this about any human being but I think Kim is that nasty in real life and that she is a bottomless black pit of self entitlement that enjoys causing her younger sister pain. Her face when she does it speaks volumes IMO.

Yes, I,think that is right. Yo and Mo divorced in 2000 and I think Lisa and Ken were still living in Europe then. I have never been exactly clear on how long K&L have known Mo, or if they were friends back before when they lived in BH before going back to Europe. Either way, I don't think they knew Yo very well, if at all. I was always surprised when folks assumed that Yo and Lisa were friends when Yo joined the show. I never got the impression they were much more than acquaintances and certainly never sensed any warmth between them at all.
  • Love 6

I may be mistaken but I believe Lisa and Ken met Mohamed in Europe before he ever married Yolanda.  Which leads me to believe they may not have been that close during the six Yolanda years.  I will search for the quote.

• Love 1

Lisa lived in California before that though.

Lisa and Ken moved back to Europe from California in the mid-1990s when their children - Pandora and Max - were young. Lisa states that the move was triggered by a combination of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake, as well as a desire to keep the children away from what Vanderpump describes as "Hollywood b-s."

http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/features/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-lisa-vanderpump

I think she came back to Beverly Hills 6 years before RHBH started.  It's somewhere in her blog.  I haven't bothered to figure out when they first lived in California, but she was getting small acting roles, so maybe for a while?

I had an unusual childhood attending a drama school full time from the age of nine! I loved acting in many children’s films and television series when I was growing up. We have lived in London, the English Countryside, South of France, and came back to Beverly Hills 6 years ago. I have great passion for life and I have tried to instill that in my children.

http://www.lisavanderpump.com/bio-2/

RHBH started in 2010, so she returned in 2004 or so.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

I may be mistaken but I believe Lisa and Ken met Mohamed in Europe before he ever married Yolanda.  Which leads me to believe they may not have been that close during the six Yolanda years.  I will search for the quote.

Ah, thanks. I don't think I ever understood the origin or the duration of the friendship.

You know what I enjoyed about the Amsterfam trip? The women actually got out of their hotel and explored their surroundings. And we got to vicariously discover the city scenery, architecture and countryside. Unlike, for example, the Orange County women's recent trip to Bali where they spent a lot of time in and around their resort/hotel and spa. I mean who, travels that far from home for a massage? Yolanda organized a wonderful trip for the ladies.

• Love 11

Lisa and Ken returned to Europe after the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.  I believe Mohamed and were married around then.  Maybe they were married 1994-2000?  So I think Lisa and Ken were in LA during the early 90s.

• Love 1

I think Big Kathy wanted to be remembered and knew that Kyle would maintain a shrine.  Obviously the other two bailed after two years of ownership so Big Kathy picked the right daughter.  I don't think the 10 year contingency was part of the trust I think it was something Kyle just honored.

Kyle's talking head may have had been filmed after the explosion in the limo.  It doesn't matter how many times Kim says it - it doesn't make it true.  For Kim to come back in 5 years later and claim she can be a "partner" with a small percentage of a buy in and zero means to make the monthly stokes is telling.  I get when Kyle said, "I am selling Mom's house," it invoked some memories but it doesn't change what transpired.  So Kim forcing Kyle to tell family business by making false accusations just goes to the morally inferior human being she has become.

Big Kathy's girls are her living shrines, imo.

I'm still a bit boggled that Kim appeared to think she could tell a tale of woe without Kyle contradicting any of it. It's not like their stories are just a little bit off from each other, and it's quibbling to argue the details. I know Kyle isn't all that quick on her feet, but did Kim think Kyle would just stay in her seat for You Stole My Goddamn House: The Musical? How did Kim imagine this would play out?

• Love 16

Big Kathy's girls are her living shrines, imo.

I'm still a bit boggled that Kim appeared to think she could tell a tale of woe without Kyle contradicting any of it. It's not like their stories are just a little bit off from each other, and it's quibbling to argue the details. I know Kyle isn't all that quick on her feet, but did Kim think Kyle would just stay in her seat for You Stole My Goddamn House: The Musical? How did Kim imagine this would play out?

I'll light the fire

You place the vodka in the glass you bought today

Staring at the TV

While we watch Escape to Witch

Mountain for hundredth time

Come to me for a little intervention

Such a lovely evening

Let's talk about your deeds

Everything is done

Such a cosy room

The misters are turned on

Sunshine through the excuses

We make for you Kim

Only for you

How is the meeting?

Our house is a very, very, very fine house

With two cats in the yard

And an angry pit bull

Life is getting hard

Thanks to you Kim

And now its up to you Kim and what do you say

Blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah, blah,

blah

Our house is a very, very, very  fine house

As long as Kyle and Mo pay the bills

Needs work but hey I just wanted to listen to "Our House"

Blah, blah blah

• Love 24

And now its up to you Kim and what do you say

Blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah, blah,

blah

Our house is a very, very, very  fine house

As long as Kyle and Mo pay the bills

Needs work but hey I just wanted to listen to "Our House"

Blah, blah blah

LOL  The blahs are killing me dead.

I wish people, particularly Kyle, would just use that response whenever Kim goes off her goddam rocker. 

"You stole my Goddam House!"

"Blah, blah, blah."

"I hate your face!"

"Blah, blah, blah."

"You're a liar!"

"Blah, blah, blah"

"My 100% pain!"

"Blah, blah, blah."

"I've been sober for three years!"

"Blah, <cough> bullshit, blah, blah."

Same with Brandi.  The best way to combat those two hosebeasts is to literally "blah" them right out of the room.  Maybe a 'yadda' and a Kanye Shrug for good measure.  Brandi is always looking for some kind of psychodrama, emphasis on psycho, and Kim wants to bite them and beat them into submission with her finger.  Throw some witty verbal smackdowns into the mix, instead, and we can have an entertaining show without it turning into an ugly crying, pointy fingering, frog throating, "My Goddam House-ing" mess. 

• Love 14

You don't have Lyme:)  It was in the extra footage (for the Amsterdam eps -- I mentioned that but maybe you missed it -- which is easy to do, with these episodes lately).

Thanks. I don't watch the extra footage, one episode is enough for me each week!   The posting is so prolific that it is easy to roll by details.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Before they went to Calgary Brandi made this comment that she could never forgive Kyle after what she pulled.  I am still trying to figure out if Brandi is talking about something we haven't seen.  At that point there was Poker Night  and clearly Kyle didn't pull anything there-that was more of drunk and drug infused evening and Kyle's worst move was removing herself from the insults and blocking Brandi's move to have Kim whisked off so she could be center stage.  Then there was Gay Mixer and Brandi was the one to show up uninvited and according to Brandi she won the moment  So I am wondering if somehow there was suppose to be a Brandi or Kim sponsored event and it got nixed.  It was kind of sad that two veteran members had exactly one event between the two of them that featured the cast-minus the new ladies and that was Brandi's housewarming. 

• Love 2

I love the glimpses into the wealth Yolanda's husbands have provided for her.

She is on the "do no harm" path with Brandi so Brandi doesn't do harm to Yo and her Family via Brandi leaking Yolanda's secrets. Yolanda wants her skinny daughters to first have fame and accolades for their physical beauty and then to marry well, A # 1 priority! I do think her obsession with health, beauty, fitness, etc is potentially unwell.

What if Brandi and KIM unearthed that this is a form of eating disorder in the House of Yo? Yo, with her goals might fight to protect her privacy being unveiled by the truth cannon.

In the look good and marry well respect, this sounds kind of like Big Kathy.  It hurts to say that, because generally I like Yo well enough and think she means well in the things she does.  (If I hear "comes from a good place" one more time, I may scream.)

Before they went to Calgary Brandi made this comment that she could never forgive Kyle after what she pulled.  I am still trying to figure out if Brandi is talking about something we haven't seen.  At that point there was Poker Night  and clearly Kyle didn't pull anything there-that was more of drunk and drug infused evening and Kyle's worst move was removing herself from the insults and blocking Brandi's move to have Kim whisked off so she could be center stage.  Then there was Gay Mixer and Brandi was the one to show up uninvited and according to Brandi she won the moment  So I am wondering if somehow there was suppose to be a Brandi or Kim sponsored event and it got nixed.  It was kind of sad that two veteran members had exactly one event between the two of them that featured the cast-minus the new ladies and that was Brandi's housewarming. 

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't like Brandi, which probably colors my opinion on this.  But I feel that Brandi will say or do just about anything to stir the pot and bring on the drama; so I think there's an equal chance that Kyle didn't pull anything and Brandi's just talking out her ass.  (More full disclosure - I've gone from actively disliking Kyle in S1 to maybe not actively liking her, but having more sympathy for her this year than I did in previous seasons.) 

• Love 7

In the look good and marry well respect, this sounds kind of like Big Kathy.  It hurts to say that, because generally I like Yo well enough and think she means well in the things she does.  (If I hear "comes from a good place" one more time, I may scream.)

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't like Brandi, which probably colors my opinion on this.  But I feel that Brandi will say or do just about anything to stir the pot and bring on the drama; so I think there's an equal chance that Kyle didn't pull anything and Brandi's just talking out her ass.  (More full disclosure - I've gone from actively disliking Kyle in S1 to maybe not actively liking her, but having more sympathy for her this year than I did in previous seasons.) 

My opinion with one episode left to go is Kim and Brandi decided their best course of action was to repeatedly throw out either years old events in some of the other women's lives (Eileen and Vince's previous marriages and Kyle's alleged house stealing) or make such sweeping generalizations that viewers are left scratching their heads wondering what HH did, or what is wrong in Eileen's home now.  Yolanda was spared for a bit but when called on her actions Brandi brought Yolanda's daughter into the fray. 

I get we have been forced to watch total bogus lives of some of these women (Taylor's marriage and financial situation and Camille faking her marriage) feigned happiness when one might be quite miserable, Adrienne and Paul but it does not mean every single other married person has a horrible marriage or relationship with their children or unsavory financial dealings.  Brandi and Kim's plan isn't working as it comes off very bitter.  Brandi cannot stop herself and continually attacks Kyle's commitment to her family.  Like or hate Kyle it is fairly evident she and Mauricio are very much in love and love their children.  Same with Lisa and Ken they have over 30 years together and no one has been able to prove or seriously entertain their marriage is anything but happy and they love their children. 

Kyle is the cast member on the show who has issues with people and keeps welcoming them back into her life.  First Camille, Kim and then Brandi along comes Yolanda with a bug up her butt and finally after two seasons of torturing Kyle, Yolanda decided Kyle was okay.  Brandi must of felt that Kyle was holding her at arm's length because her 180 at Poker Night was far more than alcohol  fueled.

Cast present and past cannot get behind Brandi get in the middle of the sisters' relationship because after awhile it comes off as if Brandi is doing it for sport.  When it came down to it-Kim was gone with the wind, and no so fabulous for the past six weeks when it came to Brandi.  Brandi had even said she was having a hard time dealing with the pressure of being Kim's go to.  The only sound move I saw Brandi make is she had a half-hearted attempt to pull Kim back when she and Rinna were getting into it.

• Love 9

I don't think Yo shares traits with Big Kathy.  At all. 

Yo earned a lot of her own money before she ever married.  Her daughters weren't put to work before they could walk either.  Yo certainly never had the reputation of a town tramp, drunkenly singing in bars and bringing home a variety of men either. 

I'm not that fond of some things about Yo, especially the whole "King David" fifties style wife stuff, and the vitamins!   

I do love that she expects her children, once they are legal adults,  to earn their own living, not just party around the world on mom and dads money, like so many kids of the 1%.  Yo enjoyed modeling, so I don't think she feels doing that is a hardship for her two girls.  Rather, I think she views it as an opportunity that can, with care, and saving money, set them up for life.  She knows they were blessed with good genes, are lucky for that, and that their highest earning years are right now.

• Love 1

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't like Brandi, which probably colors my opinion on this.  But I feel that Brandi will say or do just about anything to stir the pot and bring on the drama; so I think there's an equal chance that Kyle didn't pull anything and Brandi's just talking out her ass.  (More full disclosure - I've gone from actively disliking Kyle in S1 to maybe not actively liking her, but having more sympathy for her this year than I did in previous seasons.)

I KNOW!  I'm with you on this. I still don't like her but watching her walk a mile in my Payless Shoes, well I am sympathetic and a tad more understanding. Doesn't mean I won't snark on her vapid, dim, crying, materialistic spandex covered ass.

• Love 8

I KNOW!  I'm with you on this. I still don't like her but watching her walk a mile in my Payless Shoes, well I am sympathetic and a tad more understanding. Doesn't mean I won't snark on her vapid, dim, crying, materialistic spandex covered ass.

I may have to steal this phrase - it's excellent.

• Love 5

I don't think Yo shares traits with Big Kathy.  At all. 

Yo earned a lot of her own money before she ever married.  Her daughters weren't put to work before they could walk either.  Yo certainly never had the reputation of a town tramp, drunkenly singing in bars and bringing home a variety of men either. 

I'm not that fond of some things about Yo, especially the whole "King David" fifties style wife stuff, and the vitamins!   

I do love that she expects her children, once they are legal adults,  to earn their own living, not just party around the world on mom and dads money, like so many kids of the 1%.  Yo enjoyed modeling, so I don't think she feels doing that is a hardship for her two girls.  Rather, I think she views it as an opportunity that can, with care, and saving money, set them up for life.  She knows they were blessed with good genes, are lucky for that, and that their highest earning years are right now.

Ummm, Gigi was a child model! LOL I am not sure Bella/Anwar were though but Gigi was, so there is a small connection.

• Love 2