Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Days of Real Housewives Lives - The Season in Review

• Start Topic

Wanna talk about Lisa and Kim's Amsterdam fight, the kids going to college, Brandi's wine throwing, but also about Kim stealing Monty's meds (I mean being given just one pill) AND Eileen's American Psycho house all in one post? This is the topic for you!

• Love 10

I love this idea!

Hopefully, this thread will take off and we'll have just one place to discuss everything about this season.

Does anyone know if the website CelebrityDirtyLaundry can be believed?

They're calling for LisaR to lose it at the reunion.

CelebrityDirtyLaundry

• Love 2

I love this idea!

Hopefully, this thread will take off and we'll have just one place to discuss everything about this season.

CelebrityDirtyLaundry

I suspect their "inside source" is none other than Brandi herself! LOL

• Love 9

I love this idea!

CelebrityDirtyLaundry

Celebrity Dirty Laundry is not to be believed-that is the Hutson person that has been identified as writing Brandi's blogs.

• Love 6

Maybe but if I was LisaR and wanted to make sure my name was out there for the next two weeks, I would have done it myself.

• Love 3

Maybe but if I was LisaR and wanted to make sure my name was out there for the next two weeks, I would have done it myself.

I suppose but the "Brandi held her own" comment and a few others like LisaV talking bad about her costars all season read like Brandi sounds. LOL I would put my last nickel on Brandi being their source.

• Love 6
Celebrity Dirty Laundry is not to be believed-that is the Hutson person that has been identified as writing Brandi's blogs.

Neither is ROL, Tamera Tattles, or especially that odious Stupid Housewives site and owner, but we still discuss them as if they are gospel.

I just HOPE some of it is true.  I'm tired of the same old same old.

• Love 4

Even so, I don't see how that piece benefits Brandi in any way so why do it?

What is this world coming to if you can't believe a piece of juicy gossip?

• Love 5

but we still discuss them as if they are gospel.

I have read some links posted on this board, but I have never taken what is in those stories as any sort of proof or that they are credible. I have never linked a story and posted it was gospel. Unless it comes with an actual quote(s) that can be traced back to an episode, an interview, or an article, I just read it and see if anything comes true down the road.

The girl has to get paid! You know she has all the gossip sites and gossip magazines numbers on speed dial.

• Love 15

I have read some links posted on this board, but I have never taken what is in those stories as any sort of proof or that they are credible. I have never linked a story and posted it was gospel. Unless it comes with an actual quote(s) that can be traced back to an episode, an interview, or an article, I just read it and see if anything comes true down the road.

The girl has to get paid! You know she has all the gossip sites and gossip magazines numbers on speed dial.

It makes me wonder if it was really Brandi season 2 pretending to be LisaV to ROL (or whatever tabloid it was) that got Adrienne in an uproar! She seems to know them all, buy them all and believe the garbage they spew! LOL

• Love 9

It makes me wonder if it was really Brandi season 2 pretending to be LisaV to ROL (or whatever tabloid it was) that got Adrienne in an uproar! She seems to know them all, buy them all and believe the garbage they spew! LOL

She sure does. Didn't she reference the tabloids a few times over the seasons? Not talking about tabloid-gate, but merely her mentioning how she has subscriptions to all the main tabloids and how she has to scour the internet daily for her gossip information?

• Love 8

Kyle was the executor of their mother's estate.  The house was part of the Richards' Trust.  Unfortunately, Palm Springs County does not let you look at the records for free.  There's a charge for each document.  Otherwise, we would have a lot more insight into this whole thing.

I don't believe for a moment that Kim got screwed in this.  I'm sure Mauricio and Rick discussed a fair price for the house.  The company or estate lawyer drew up the papers.  I'm sure Rick or his lawyer looked at the documents and I'm sure Kim got paid the same as Kathy....less any funds that Kim may have borrowed.  Kim's brain is too fried to realize this.  She's also too stubborn to admit she is wrong.  Kim is never wrong.

Kim seems to be the type to make sure she gets what is supposed to come to her.  She had the option of hiring her own attorney to review the paperwork if she felt Kyle would be untrustworthy.

If Kyle took a salary as executor, she was empowered to do so by Big Kathy.  If there were objections then Kim should have spoken to her mother about it.

My mother says that mothers know their children.  Big Kathy knew that Kim could not handle the management of her real estate holdings.  She also knew Kim is an addict and could not be trusted in any role as a decision maker which is why things happened as they did.  Kyle and Mauricio could not steal the house from Kim because Big Kathy never set it up for Kim to own it in the first place. 

While Kim does not get to own the PS house, she does not have to worry with the taxes, mortgage, or maintenance.  I think she got a good deal.  She gets to enjoy the asset without any responsibility for it.

Brandi never thinks. Ever. I wish I could ask Babyface himself what was going through his mind when Brandi said those things to him and about him. Is there anything out there where anyone has asked Babyface about his appearance on this show?

Context is important.  As a viewer, Brandi's comments took me out of the scene.  I was enjoying the beauty of the house, dinner, and the conversation.  Everyone was chatting along cordially then Brandi says something inappropriate to shock the room and bring all of the attention her way.  She ruined the vibe of that party and I was really mad when she did that.  I like Babyface and I wanted to hear him come up with a song and Brandi ruined that for me.

But, in Kim's mind, I'm sure that's what she thinks she DID do, and I think that Kim may feel that she should have been named executrix, and should have received something more than Kathy or Kyle.  Kim will never say anything against Kathy publicly, and I think she harbors no resentment towards Kathy, so therefore, she will spew all this anger, resentment and jealousy towards Kyle.

I think people like Kim always make their contributions bigger than what they really are.  I also think that some things don't deserve applause because they are what you are supposed to do.  You are supposed to take in your mother if she needs you to do so.  Just because other people don't does not make you special because you do.

on the Hawaii trip they way she pronounced Maurice lead me to beleive it was not affectionate at all. She was just dripping with sarcasm and venon. I wish I could describe it better but it stuck with me all these years. Does anyone else remember this? Or better yet know where I could find the clip and I will post it.

I heard the same thing.  My impression at the time was that she was trying to bring him down a peg by calling him Maurice.  I never got the impression that it was a term of endearment or familiarity.  I did not perceive it as a racial put down however.

I agree, and I think this is probably true for most people.  I've said a lot of things to my long-time BFF that I would never say to anyone else, or in the company of anyone else, or in the earshot of anyone else.  My banter with her is completely different than with someone I don't know well or have just met.

Brandi's finger-banging comment, although not my style & really not funny IMO, wouldn't have been a big deal if she had said it to a like-minded girlfriend.  But she didn't - She said it in a roomful of strangers at the home of the overly-stuffy David Foster who was clearly in performance mode and Yolanda, who has often told Brandi to take it down a notch.  I'm sure David & Yolanda were trying to present a somewhat classy evening and impress us once again with their celebrity friends.  And there was Brandi taking things down to a level that was inappropriate and uncalled-for.  She seems to think that it's fun & funny to be shocking.  It's not - It's tiresome.

I'm definitely in favor of a remark or offhanded comment that's risque, no question about that!  But it's kind of a requirement that it at least be funny.  Inappropriate or not, at least that's a redeeming feature that might result in a little bit of forgiveness.  But what Brandi said wasn't funny or entertaining - It was just startling and crass.  And IMO that makes a big difference.  This is her MO, and she is completely unaware that most of the time she is the only one who finds herself to be "fun".

The women talking among themselves is pretty much "girl talk", and entirely different than what Brandi does.  I don't see it as comparable at all.

Again, context is everything.  Grown people understand the nuances IMO.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 14

As a viewer, Brandi's comments took me out of the scene.  I was enjoying the beauty of the house, dinner, and the conversation.  Everyone was chatting along cordially then Brandi says something inappropriate to shock the room and bring all of the attention her way.  She ruined the vibe of that party and I was really mad when she did that.

I was mad as well. I was even madder (still am) at YoFo for not doing anything to put Brandi in her place. I often wonder what was YoFo thinking would happen if she did? Would Brandi have one of her fits and tantrums? Was YoFo trying not to get Brandi upset? What point does Brandi have to reach before people stand up to her and say her behavior is not acceptable? Brandi had no problem throwing out drunken Taylor from the faux friend's Malibu house. THAT is how YoFo and others should treat Brandi when she opens that mouth of hers. Forget why are people afraid of Kim. Why are people afraid to stand up to Brandi?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

I have never linked a story and posted it was gospel. Unless it comes with an actual quote(s) that can be traced back to an episode, an interview, or an article, I just read it and see if anything comes true down the road.

Then we should go back to Andy Cohen's interview about the reunion and the smoking gun.

Andy Cohen BH Reunion Smoking Gun 

This makes the most sense to me!   LOL

Lisa%20Smoking%20Gun_zpsakp2radh.jpg

• Love 9

Neither is ROL, Tamera Tattles, or especially that odious Stupid Housewives site and owner, but we still discuss them as if they are gospel.

I think the correct word is 'some' or 'many', definitely not 'we'.

• Love 14

Brandi is most defiantly the source and KH was the writer IMO.

Why bother with writing "IMO" at the end of your sentence? It's so obviously Brandi. "Unfairly outnumbered?" "Teary-eyed Brandi?" "A brittle LVP?" "An irrational Lisa Rinna?" Please.

• Love 12

As I stated in the episode thread, Kyle's right to compensation for being the executor of big Kathy's estate didn't come from big Kathy, it comes from California law.  And the compensation from that isn't all that much.

• Love 9

Why bother with writing "IMO" at the end of your sentence? It's so obviously Brandi. "Unfairly outnumbered?" "Teary-eyed Brandi?" "A brittle LVP?" "An irrational Lisa Rinna?" Please.

LOL, Being polite I guess! LOL

• Love 4

As I stated in the episode thread, Kyle's right to compensation for being the executor of big Kathy's estate didn't come from big Kathy, it comes from California law.  And the compensation from that isn't all that much.

My point is that Kyle could not get compensation if Big Kathy had not named her as executor.  Big Kathy could have chosen Kim, but she did not go in that direction.  The conversation ends right there IMO.  If Big Kathy wanted Kim to have a controlling share of her house, then she would have willed 51% to Kim.  If Kim wanted control of the property, then she could have talked to her favorite sister Kathy so they could control the property with their shares.

• Love 11

She sure does. Didn't she reference the tabloids a few times over the seasons? Not talking about tabloid-gate, but merely her mentioning how she has subscriptions to all the main tabloids and how she has to scour the internet daily for her gossip information?

Aside from occasionally reading links posted here, I don't keep up with the HW outside the show so I'm sure Brandi mentioned this in one of her TH. She definitely said something along the lines of reading the tabloids in line at the grocery store and subscribing to all of them. I don't buy that Lisa wanted to bring the rags to PS. Brandi is the only one with spare time to keep up with them. No offense to the Umanskies, but you've got to read that shit from cover to cover to find the little blurb about his alleged cheating. They're not about to bump the latest Aniston baby rumours to feature a scorned Kyle on the front page.

I read that article and there's no evidence that Kyle cut herself a larger percentage for her role as executor. It's only implied that she could have received compensation. CA law would grant her somewhere between $5-10K. That would certainly help the average Joe, but it's probably chump change to Kyle. Besides, even if she did cut herself an extra check, that money probably ended up in Kim's hands at some point anyway.

• Love 6

OMG! I almost woke up my sleeping hubby laughing so hard!

Now you made me laugh!

I'd rather poke fun at the HWs than think about who may have written what in which tabloid. If that piece was written by Brandi's ghost writer, their standards are pretty low - just like Brandi's. It wasn't much of of a win. I don't hate Brandi or Kim but I don't like them either. They're just such an easy target that I focus on the others. Their motivations are far more complex and interesting.

• Love 6

Stoopid Housewives although clumsy and has the most irritating made up names for RH, their children and husbands is good about posting legal documents and past film clips-ones not found anywhere else.  That is the only good thing I can say about them.

Tamara Tattles really has no clue about BH but on occasion does get an inside source.  Sometimes the comments are entertaining.

ROL is just National Enquirer and The Star on line.

This chick on Celebrity Dirty Laundry regular claims that Eddie is begging Brandi to take him back.  That is when I decided to totally disregard their or her  website.  She is a little too fixated on Brandi.

• Love 6

Then we should go back to Andy Cohen's interview about the reunion and the smoking gun.

Andy Cohen BH Reunion Smoking Gun 

This makes the most sense to me!   LOL

Lisa%20Smoking%20Gun_zpsakp2radh.jpg

AnnA you outdid yourself with this one.  You should tweet this to Andy-with a clock in the background with the hour hand on 11 and the minute hand on 10-he actually used two clichés in one sentence.

• Love 6

In addition to that Brandi has mentioned being tipped off / getting inside info from tabloids.

Last season she was tipped off well in advance that Star Magazine was going to run a story about Mauricio being unfaithful and that is how she justified bringing it up on camera. According to Brandi she was being a "girl's girl" and brought it up in the event Kyle wanted to find some way to get the story killed.

In season 3 Brandi claimed that her contacts at Radar Online revealed their sources to her regarding stories about her including Adrienne's chef Bernie.  As a side note, that was a shady move on Brandi's part because one, Bernie talked about her on the record, and two, more importantly, Brandi falsely claimed that Adrienne and / or Bernie fed stories to ROL about her being a bad parent and that is what upset her with Adrienne and caused her to reveal the surrogacy because she was so upset with Adrienne, but if you look at the Brandi related stories, there were NO stories planted that fit that description before the surrogacy reveal, the closest was a story based on an interview that Brandi did where she said she wanted to kill LeAnn Rimes when she saw her son sitting on LeAnn's lap.  After the surrogacy reveal there were a couple stories that looked like they were from Adrienne's camp, but (IIRC) those stories were mostly about Brandi being a drunk mean girl.

• Love 7

I was mad as well. I was even madder (still am) at YoFo for not doing anything to put Brandi in her place. I often wonder what was YoFo thinking would happen if she did? Would Brandi have one of her fits and tantrums? Was YoFo trying not to get Brandi upset?

It could be that Yolanda is just one of those people who are forgiving to a fault.  Do I think Yolanda is one of them?  I'm not sure. Some of the things she's done in previous seasons make me think not.  However, maybe her illness made her have one of those Come to Jesus moments and she just feels better when she's not all juiced up over someone. 

After seeing Kyle's angry face in the picture that someone posted and Yolanda's serenity, I think Yolanda's methods are much better.

• Love 7

It could be that Yolanda is just one of those people who are forgiving to a fault.  Do I think Yolanda is one of them?  I'm not sure. Some of the things she's done in previous seasons make me think not.  However, maybe her illness made her have one of those Come to Jesus moments and she just feels better when she's not all juiced up over someone. 

After seeing Kyle's angry face in the picture that someone posted and Yolanda's serenity, I think Yolanda's methods are much better.

Yolanda came on with a serene vibe and takes the high road.  She has a very full and busy life with David and clearly not attached to any friendships on the show.   Put Lyme on top of that and she cannot even play the mentor role with Brandi to the degree I think she had hoped. 

• Love 6

I concur that Brandi is the source. I'm not worried about Lisa Rs mental health because as we have all seen Brandi's perception of herself and others is skewed, to say the least. According to her this was the season we were supposed to all see how awful Kyle . Umm no.

That being said I like Lisa's addition to the cast but have no vested interest in her yet so if she looses her marbles, I'm ok with that. If it's aimed at Kim and Brandi I'm even better.

As far as an mean text sent by Lisa, sight unseen, I cosign whatever she said.

• Love 8

Brandi and her humor are not my cup of tea, but I did not get the vibe that either David or Babyface were all that faint-hearted about her drunken antics. IIRC after a couple of her drunken blunders, both gave her shout outs and soliciting her input.

• Love 1

Yolanda came on with a serene vibe and takes the high road.  She has a very full and busy life with David and clearly not attached to any friendships on the show.   Put Lyme on top of that and she cannot even play the mentor role with Brandi to the degree I think she had hoped. 

I wonder if that's it.  I agree that when she first came on she was the very zen.  Then, as the season went on I saw her do crappy things to Marisa, Joyce and the others who didn't warrant a place card heart.  Now she's back to zen.  I wonder if the Mean Girl Yolanda was just her trying to be what Bravo requires them to be:  drama queens.  I think in all her research, she's aware of how the mind and body work together.  To be angry and an asshole raises your blood pressure which leads to x,y,z.  In addition to deep forehead wrinkles.  I hope she decides not to come back.

• Love 7

The scene with Rinna, Harry and the girls taking down the swing set was beyond stupid.  First of all they would have had someone come and take it and probably take it to a school that needs one.   He comes out with glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider (probably) to toast it coming down.  Really?  

No one has commented but I thought Harry acted strangely.  Could easily have been just strained because he didn't want to do it, of course!  I am not saying his is sick or off the wagon, not at all.  Just thought he was odd and really skinny.  I guess if you live with Rinna you don't get fed much.  I have never seen him in anything so I have nothing to base this observation.  

• Love 8

Yolanda has a bit of a hard headed side to her as well.  For unknown reasons she decided she did not like Kyle when she came on Season 3 or Adrienne Maloof.  She sat at a dinner table and heard and unknown to her, Brandi Glanville tell Adrienne to STFU and yet that was the person she chose to befriend.

I like her this season and if she can't function I don't think she should be back.  Yolanda claimed shortly after Poker Night she no longer has the ability to comprehend what she saw on TV-why the heck is she at the Reunion?  We have all seen the face of Chronic Lyme's Disease.

• Love 3

I wonder if that's it.  I agree that when she first came on she was the very zen.  Then, as the season went on I saw her do crappy things to Marisa, Joyce and the others who didn't warrant a place card heart.  Now she's back to zen.  I wonder if the Mean Girl Yolanda was just her trying to be what Bravo requires them to be:  drama queens.  I think in all her research, she's aware of how the mind and body work together.  To be angry and an asshole raises your blood pressure which leads to x,y,z.  In addition to deep forehead wrinkles.  I hope she decides not to come back.

The hearts on the place cards were strange though I don't remember her doing crappy things.  I wonder if Bravo put her up to that or she just innocently had not spent time with the others much and did not see the problem with it.   Or she got sucked in there for a minute and realized she was on a slippery slope and took another direction. 

• Love 5

The scene with Rinna, Harry and the girls taking down the swing set was beyond stupid.  First of all they would have had someone come and take it and probably take it to a school that needs one.   He comes out with glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider (probably) to toast it coming down.  Really?  

No one has commented but I thought Harry acted strangely.  Could easily have been just strained because he didn't want to do it, of course!  I am not saying his is sick or off the wagon, not at all.  Just thought he was odd and really skinny.  I guess if you live with Rinna you don't get fed much.  I have never seen him in anything so I have nothing to base this observation.  

If he were a chick he would be ditzy.  I think that is just is personality he is a bit quirky.  I do know the answer to donating swing sets-liability issues-no one wants one-especially a used residential model.  Guess what we have in out back yard some 15 years after the kids outgrew it? 

• Love 1

Taylor, Camille & Adrienne

wenn22316773.jpg

Celebrities at WWHL (Watch What Happens Live) - Departures
Featuring: Taylor Armstrong, Camille Grammer, Adrienne Maloof
Where: New York City, New York, United States
When: 17 Mar 2015
Credit: TNYF/WENN.com

watch-what-happens-live-season-12-galler

watch-what-happens-live-season-12-galler

sources:

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/03/20/celebrity-sightings-porsha-williams-kim-richards-taylor-armstrong-and-more-photos/#/slide/23

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/photos/adrienne-maloof-camille-grammer-taylor-armstrong/item/10651416

• Love 2

I'm not a big Yo fan although I've warmed up to her this season a bit. Anyhoo I think she really has a need to be right. She hitched her wagon to Brandis star ( as a dig to Lisa? Shared experience of modeling? She genuinely likes her?) for whatever reason and she will ride that wagon to hell and back. I also think she is just too ill to open the can of worms that is Brandi.

Eta my 13 year old just recently started the flow, I will explain to her later today that she is now my overlord.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 15

No one has commented but I thought Harry acted strangely.    

Had I seen it, you know I would. LOL 

I'm anxious to see the swing set come down, though. When ours came down, it was moved to the neighbor's house 3 doors down.  I cried.  For real.  My husband, had he thought of it would have toasted it coming down.  He and my son were tired of mowing the grass around and under it.

The hearts on the place cards were strange though I don't remember her doing crappy things.  

I was not a fan of Joyce at all, but I hated the way Yolanda treated her at the reunion.  Turned her back on her which essentially blocked Joyce from the conversation as Joyce was at the end of a sofa.  Basically swatted at her like a troublesome, sparkly gnat. (which to be honest, that's what Joyce always reminded me of but I thought it was rude and below someone of Yolanda's perceived stature.)

• Love 11

I thought the "swing set scene" was a nice palate cleanser. It was telling about the family they have and was particularly revealing when you saw the casual affection Lisa had with her nanny as she hugged her.

It certainly a lot more fun and normal than watching an underage escort swing from Brandi's tampon string. Just sayn'

• Love 17

I didn't like Yolanda at first either.  I don't remember much about that season but I didn't like Joyce and the christian/atheist witch whose name escapes me.  I am sure anything Yolanda did to dismiss them at the reunion met with my favor.  

If he were a chick he would be ditzy.  I think that is just is personality he is a bit quirky.  I do know the answer to donating swing sets-liability issues-no one wants one-especially a used residential model.  Guess what we have in out back yard some 15 years after the kids outgrew it? 

Habitat for Humanity will take your swing set.  

• Love 3

Looks like the Bridget Bardot Bump-It Up-do is a thing in Hollywood.  Brandi, Lisa and now Taylor.  It also looks to me like Adrienne and Taylor are wearing the exact same shoes, just a slightly different color.

I love Andy's dog.

• Love 3

AnnA you outdid yourself with this one.  You should tweet this to Andy-with a clock in the background with the hour hand on 11 and the minute hand on 10-he actually used two clichés in one sentence.

I'm slow today so it took me a minute to figure that out but I got it now............the "eleventh hour."

• Love 2

I'm slow today so it took me a minute to figure that out but I got it now............the "eleventh hour."

Me, too, AnnA.  In addition, I just got my sleeve all wet while brushing my teeth.

• Love 4

People post used play sets on Freecycle all the time but I guess I can understand a liability issue. I just like to see things reused or recycled. Lisar could have endeared herself by loving and using the Target jacket and mentioning a second use for the swing set.

• Love 3

People post used play sets on Freecycle all the time but I guess I can understand a liability issue. I just like to see things reused or recycled. Lisar could have endeared herself by loving and using the Target jacket and mentioning a second use for the swing set.

Our friends broke down their wooden set and made raised planter boxes.  We have tomatoes and beans all summer.  This summer they're going to try to retrofit the slide to one end of their dock.  I never thought about the liability on a used swing set. 

• Love 2

Our friends broke down their wooden set and made raised planter boxes.  We have tomatoes and beans all summer.  This summer they're going to try to retrofit the slide to one end of their dock.  I never thought about the liability on a used swing set. 

Genius! That scene would have made more sense if Lisa had said that they were going to do that or at least something with the wood.

• Love 1

I thought the swing set scene was pretty lame.   They have a groundskeeper so it wasn't necessary for them to be there.  Harry hasn't been filmed much so it was probably a scene that Harry agreed to doing so they included it.

ETA:  But I thought it was interesting that Harry said the toast was only "sparking cider."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I think Yolanda, Kyle, Kim, and Brandi all bonded together last season with their (successful) "take Lisa DOWN" plan.  Personally, I think Kyle planned it, because she's been trying to do this for years, but whatever.

Anyway, I think a lot of what happened this season all stems from that.

Brandi, someone Kyle has always hated, was key to the "bring Lisa down" plan, because Lisa and Brandi were actually close, spent time together, shared secrets, and a sense of humor, were as "real" as friend get on this show.  Sure, part of that was that Lisa NEEDED Brandi to launch VPR with the bombshell that would guarantee viewers, Brandi meets with Sheaenannnaea for the first time.  So, she pulled out the stops and charmed her into it, and it worked!  People watched Lisa's spinoff.

(OK, backstory inserted here.)  Kyle was trying to get a spin off at the same time, from all kinds of reports back then, remember?  It was going to focus on her family with Mauricio, and his real estate business, etc.  He eventually got a (not very successful) co-star role on another real estate thing.  Anyway, back then, it was everywhere that Kyle was pissed that Lisa got the spin off instead.  True or not, I'll throw it in here in case it is.

Someone got in Brandi's ear about Lisa continuing to throw Sheaeanannea into Brandi's life to promote her show.  Personally, I think that was Kyle, but even if it wasn't, it allowed TEAM GET LISA to form, with their best (emotional) weapon, Brandi as a member.  Kyle is my suspect because Kim was all in, and because she's tried it every year.  "Lisa's a chess player" and all the rest.

Now Yolanda is interesting.  There SEEMS to be a lot of interesting friction between the two richest members of this cast.  It is likely centered around Yo's former husband and Lisa's very good friend Mohammed, and probably the divorce and the affairs he had.  Everyone plays nice for the cameras, including Yo and Mohammed, probably for the kids' sake.  It's been obvious, and was especially obvious last year with the vitriol Yo spewed at Lisa.  Now, THAT is a story I wish we had on this show.   That is what I want to see on this show.

The final member was Kim, and who knows her motivations?  Maybe "any story but my sobriety please, any target but me!"  She did seem to resent Lisa prior anyway, and there is more I'm forgetting here.   She always seemed jealous and resentful of Lisa.

Either way, I picture (and honestly I don't think I'm off on this) little meetings between the 4 to coordinate this attack on Lisa.  Alone, they couldn't bring her down.  Together though?  It might work! 

Kyle, who has always detested Brandi, hated her friendship with Lisa, and did not want her on the show, held her nose and was friendly to her to accomplish the goal.  Which they did, all season, and culminating during the sickening Puerto Rico crap, and on the reunion.  Mission accomplished!  Lisa in tears, Lisa being raked over the coals, bonus!  Ken attacked!

Off season now.

Kyle apparently continued to pretend to be friends with Brandi for a time, but kept her distance.  Need for Brandi?  OVER.  She slipped up though.  She forgot to tell Kim that Brandi was out again. 

So Kim, facing a bunch of shit, her child in psych, Monty dying, her vicious dog injuring people, her first role in ages on Revenge, turned to Brandi as a friend, or an ear, since Kyle was unavailable most of the time.  Brandi, completely unable to cope with Kim, and scared out of her wits at the "best friend" thing, answered the phone and tried to talk Kim off her ledges.  I suspect she was also thinking "Holy HELL!  What have I got myself into?  What do I do now?"  At one scary point, she calls Kyle for help, and Kyle blows her off, which really shocks her. 

Stupid Brandi also somehow thinks she can make up with Lisa now.  Yeah, that will never happen.  Yolanda's LYME goes crazy, and she's sick, so apparently also doesn't get the message that Kyle is buddy buddy with Lisa again (Lisa's vow to return leading the pack, I seriously doubt Lisa trusts Kyle as far as she can throw her, but she knows getting Kyle on her side is key to avoiding a repeat of last season.) 

Season starts.

Brandi, from her experiences over the summer, is convinced that Kyle only "cares" about Kim when the cameras are running.  When she sees Kim is in trouble, tries to get Kim the hell out of there, but Kyle physically tries to prevent that.  Brandi naturally thinks, "where the hell was this concern all summer when she needed you?"  She thinks Kyle just wants to suddenly talk to Kim now, because cameras are running, she can cry some more and get sympathy from viewers.

Kim, bewildered, because she didn't get the memo that "we aren't really friends with Brandi, that was just faked to get Lisa last season you idiot!" still seems to think Kyle/Kim/Yo/Brandi are all besties, and acts accordingly, even at the probably producer prompted "bring Brandi to the gay party!"  I think it's really possible that Kim simply believed this was an easily solved kerfluckle between team members.  Alternately, Brandi had been there for her during a horrible off season, so she just wanted her with her.

Meanwhile BRAVO brings in a long time friend of Kyle's, Lipsa.  She's got her Brandi replacement ally, and someone to say the things she can't say on camera without backlash.  WOO!  Jackpot! 

There is much more to all of this, such as the look Brandi gave Kyle during the whole "you were bankrupt, you don't own your restaurants" stuff on last season's reunion, but I've already written a book here.  Broad brush strokes.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4