Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: The Offer

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

So, the female League member that Ra's was giving assassin pointers to - any chance that's Shado/Shado's sister/Shado's clone? Just spitballing since Maseo gave Oliver that look, even though that look was probably a) don't do anything stupid and b) see this dude ain't all bad.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

All the Ra's stuff still leaves me skeptical - like why he picked Oliver as his heir (is he that committed to fulfilling prophecy? or is this all a test for Nyssa to see if she's strong enough to fight for the position?), or why he let Malcolm go free, or why Ra's himself came to Starling City to impersonate the Arrow rather than sending an LOA minion to do it.  But handwaving that stuff aside, I liked this episode overall.  It had a surprising number of heartwarming scenes between people.  And just how often has Ra's bathed in the Lazarus Pit?

As others have said, the Oliver & Felicity scenes were great - seeing them talk and listen to each other, give and get advice, smile at each other, joke a little.  The Oliver & Diggle conversation - bromance.  The Oliver & Thea conversation - sibling closeness.  Thea going to Roy for emotional sanctuary - yes, she got the dialogue tease line.  Even the Laurel & Nyssa scene was endearingly awkward but touching.

Incidentally, does Quentin know that Malcolm is still alive?  Because isn't Malcolm still on the SCPD's most wanted criminal list?  If he finds out that Laurel and the Arrow knew that Malcolm was hanging around, that's another deception he shouldn't forgive.  Also, aren't Thea and Oliver now harboring a known fugitive from justice?

P.S.  Did Karl Yune (Maseo) have any lines at all last night?  Or did he just stand in the background during all the Ra's & Oliver scenes?

Edited by tv echo

Loved this so much. Ahhhhhh. Emotional variety, reasonable communication, complex relationships (vs. soap opera drama), character development, relationship development (not just O/F but all over the place, including platonic and familial). Even the action worker better for me because it seemed necessary or at least somewhat sensible. And things they didn't have time to show happened anyway, just off screen! (Now if only they'd work on their timeline a little to resolve the teleportation/magic portal issues.) Amazing. I wonder if the people who actually enjoyed the last 6 episodes hated this one.

Ra's at the end got a, "hee!" from me. So funny to see Ra's himself in the hood. I'm ok with this, though. (Totally called the whole impersonator-trashes-Arrow's-rep thing.) It does bring me to another issue: one of the reasons it was surprising was that we'd just heard him talking about his incredible resources. "Larger than any army" etc. A) Really? I thought the LoA was super unknown and difficult to join. B) Ra's didn't trust shooting, what, 4 people and leaving a witness to a lackey? Didn't seem like something that warranted personal action.

As much as I loved seeing Felicity contributing to the team...how exactly is she getting these "robbery in progress" notifications? Automated system alarms would be accidentally triggered all the time, and police reports would require actual police involvement. How is a robbery reported so early that the team has time to suit up and get there before the real damage has been done?

I'm glad the olicity stuff didn't go any further into squicky emotional infidelity territory. As much as I loved it, it was really toying with that line a touch more than I needed, and anything more would have tainted things for me. The scenes were saved because they also work based (almost) solely on friendship as well. I agree with the idea that maybe they're more willing to relax with each other with the threat of an actual romantic relationship (and all of the ensuing complications) safely hidden behind Ray.

I appreciate their efforts to show Ray and Felicity actually working together, and fanwank that this hands on techy stuff is actually happening after they've done all the actual business required by their positions and is supported by hordes of unseen workers doing the time consuming research/testing/etc. So that one ep where Felicity made the magic chip for Ray's suit in 24 hours, she actually had various concepts and components for it floating around the company, and as VP she had access to all of it and was able to compile many employees' work and take it to the next level. They could at least imply that in the script sometime, though, even if they don't want to waste the time or she'll out the money to show it.

I'm happy that they pulled off Laurel getting much-needed training from Nyssa in a believable and sympathetic way.

And lately the Flashbacks don't seem to be making any sort of point or echoing what is going on in the main story. What's up with that?

This. At least they felt short this week?

(And one last Squeee for likeable characters and actual smiles!!! See, show, you can do it! There was still suffering and tension and angst this week, it just felt endurable for once. off to watch the olicity vid....)

ETA, since I've already got a book going that largely boils down to "what TVecho just said," they did shoehorn in some of the Olicity stuff. Ra's knew about Felicity? (Weird, but maybe his spies figured it out.) Felicity knew about Oliver wanting her to be happy? (Maybe he also said it to her a few times, not just to Diggle the one time we saw.) Then there were also a couple times people, including Felicity, brought it up as a factor with Oliver when they'd had nothing to indicate it was on his mind at all. Awkward.

Edited by Ang
  • Love 1

As much as I loved seeing Felicity contributing to the team...how exactly is she getting these "robbery in progress" notifications?

I wondered about this, too, haha. But it's one thing I'm ready to handwave because: happiness!

I thought that woman could be Shado, I'll have to rewatch the scene, tho.

Also, I read a comment on another site that's worth sharing:

Nyssa is actually trying to prove to her father she's as good as Oliver, by nailing both Lance sisters, and Phase 2: Felicity. LOL

• Love 3

Are they purposely avoiding having Original Team Arrow talking together? We got Oliver and Diggle and we got Oliver and Felicity. We got reference to Diggle talking to Felicity about Oliver, but no actual scene. I miss my Team.

• Love 4

Did Karl Yune (Maseo) have any lines at all last night?

Yes in the scene where Oliver turns Ra's down, he has the proverb bit and then explaining Ra's has already written this story, aka DUH YOU BIG DUMMY this ain't a *choice*!

I think Laurel works reasonably well with Roy, she is frequently paired with him on ops, but I find it hilarious that that is usually because he has to save her bacon mid way through.

• Love 1

I imagine felicity has hacked all the cameras, gps, and radios in the city and wrote her own program for spotting crime.

I loved the way that EbR backed away from Ray when she saw Ollie, like she was cheating. I loved her comments about it being Oliver's choice they they weren't together though.

"Going to get soup for my evil dad." What ajoss whedonish line. Loved it.

• Love 4

So, the EW review posted in the review thread brings me back to a thought I had while I was watching last night, but I forgot about in my giddiness. 

Ra's told Oliver that the LP wasn't working so hot on him anymore, but then it managed to heal the wound on his hand from grabbing Nyssa's sword. Is Ra's playing Oliver, or does it still work on relatively superficial wounds and they just wanted to show us what it did? Like, is Ra's using Oliver to get to Nyssa and never had any intention of allowing him to take the title? He seems like the same kind of sick bastard who would appreciate being taken down by his own daughter like Malcolm. But there would have to be some larger reason for getting Oliver involved in a storyline that was basically about Nyssa, right? So that can't be it...I don't know.

• Love 3

All of your comments have convinced me to watch this episode when I get some free time, but they need to have Felicity break up with Ray.  Like, now.  I don't wish to see Felicity flirt with Oliver if she is still in a "relationship" with Ray (well, I mean I do, but I don't want Felicity to look bad).  They are pulling the same shit over on The Flash, and it's really bugging me there.  I mean, here I'm a lot less bugged because I don't like Ray and I live for Oliver/Felicity and OG Team Arrow scenes.  But please, showrunners, end Raylicity quickly so Felicity doesn't start to look bad from emotionally or physically cheating on Ray with Oliver.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

That was weird. I liked this episode. All the ladies with daddy issues. It's unintentionally cruel for Oliver to have Malcolm there with Thea. She can't work through or get rid of her demons, if one of the demons is living in the house with her. It really bothered me, her not being able to stay at her own place in peace. This show or rather MG has built up such bad will with me. Seeing a decent episode makes me even more bitter. Is Laurel crazy? I get wanting to be a vigilante (well I don't get her motivation) but i would know that I'm not ready. That just comes off as kinda crazy to me.

Not gonna lie... I was not excited to watch Arrow this week. But I recorded it, because felt I needed to not fall behind. But then at work I was able to catch a quick glimpse of my twitter feed and realized that this episode was gonna be good. Well needless to say my excitement grew momentously as my shift dragged. A few peeks at tumblr and it was all over. This episode was gonna be pure Arrow gold. I knew the writers had it in them to cut the bullshit and actually produce a well paced well written show with the characters actually communicating. So I am so glad Ive now stayed up well past the time I should be going to sleep. It was worth every minute. Wanna get my thoughts down now before I read the other posts and before I pass out.

Amazing parts -

Original TA & Roy (I actually love this combination), I could see Thea seamlessly blending into that group. Unfortunately Laurel is too strong willed I think to be part of the team. I can see her collaborating with them, but I just can't see her as permanent member of the team. I hope Nyssa does train her and then they can figure out someway to make her a more functional part of the plot.

Oliver & Felicity - OMG they talked, they sought each other's counsel, they were friends/partners again. Was the flirting an added bonus, yes. But they fact that they managed to make it a whole episode without made up angst was just a step in the right direction. And we finally got to see Oliver smile again!! Plus we got to see his puppy dog eyes sad & happy, he really does have the market on those.

Ras - Serious cosplay at the end. Finally I was actually believing that Ras could be a big bad. It only took 16 episodes, but finally I was like he might be a contender. Hes got some pretty intense mind fuckery planned and I can't wait. I did like the soft cell. TBH, I still want OQ to take the job. He'd have the opportunity to make a global difference.

Lance - THANK YOU PB!! That was exactly how I imagine & expected QL to respond to both OQ & LL. Im so glad they didn't just have him forgive her. Seriously who buys big belly burgers for someone with a heart condition? Seriously, LL you couldn't tell him the truth about Sara cuz it might kill him, but now that he knows and didnt keel over, let's give him a burger that should have any effect on his heart.

Roy & Thea - YAY! So glad for these kids, they really deserve a 2nd chance. That and they seem to be good sounding boards for each other. Thea really needs someone to talk to. I do feel horrible for her pain & frustration. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. She willingly trusted MM and then he burned her. Now she has to live through the guilt of not only killing Sara, but knowing that it is her choices that lead her to be vulnerable when all she wanted was to be strong.

Malcolm - I liked this wounded dog. Even in his defeat he is still trying to mindwarp his way out. All kidding aside, he does seem to have the potential to go toe to toe with Ras mentally. He might be a good alternative should OQ find a need to replace himself in the offered role.

-

Weak links-

Laurel - I just don't know if shes delusional or intentional cocky? The training line was funny & ironic. But cmon girl, you know you need more training and if you don't know that then you have no right to endanger others because of your stupidity. I hope she does take Nyssa up on the training offer.

Nyssa - Generally I like her, but this episode I was like Meh. She knew the rules & traditions of the league...  so it sucks that she planned to be the heir, but her reactions seem to be justifying some of Ra's disappointment in her. She did seem a little consumed by her grief, which is understandable. But if she wants to be the heir, she is not making a good case for herself. I do hope it turns around for her though. Perhaps something might open a few episodes down the road.

Flashbacks - Akio is adorable, but the running around the streets & gardens broke up the momentum of the present. And Shado? Well we still don't know if it was really her, but I don't think the flashbacks were worth it this episode just to show her for a few secs. They could have popped that it next week.

-

All in All, I was extremely HAPPY with this episode, I did not imagine that I would be saying this less than 24hrs ago. But the episode was wicked solid. It finally felt like a complete episode and with so much of what I love about Arrow (good writing, great characters, interesting plot & even a twist I didn't see) Everything was just so well put together, I really felt Arrow was back in the groove with this one. Music & stunts were spot on too. I like the new NP set.

Parting thought - How long is it to fly to NP? The travel time is less than nothing for LoA or TA as they just wonder in & out each other's space. Does the star lab have the Flash running a jet line now? Least they could do is make a throw away line about jetlag.

• Love 3

Ok, this was a really good episode. Like, really good. I guess I'll join in on the Olicity bandwagon and squeal, because they finally became their true selves in this episode. Was I watching a season 2 episode? Because it sure felt like it. Felicity giving Oliver advice, not judging him or telling him what to do, and Oliver actually listening and following through with said-advice. That's the pairing I have come to grow to love as an OTP. The show is much, much better when Felicity isn't judgy and Oliver actually listens. Also, at least there were some good Diggle/Oliver scenes. Oliver telling Diggle first made perfect sense and I'm glad Diggle told Felicity. I wish we got a scene with them, but hey, maybe in the deleted scenes!

I liked Laurel in this episode. I did think that she held her own, wasn't as selfish and I really felt for her when Quentin told her that he couldn't ever forgive her. That absolutely has to hurt, and she's always been so close with Quentin, so I really feel for her. I do hope they get their relationship fixed because it's one of the relationships that work very well on this show. And Laurel getting trained by Nyssa? Ok, I could get behind it. I've accepted the fact that her and Oliver will never ever ever be a couple again, and she's going to be a struggling vigilante (especially with Oliver still so disapproving of her!) so I'm just going to focus on the good aspects here. Also, she was more of a supporting character and only had major scenes with her father and Nyssa, so I can live with that. At least we didn't get her in the Arrow Cave much. All in all, I'm impressed with how little I hate Laurel now. I still have her as my least favourite, but...ok maybe Ray is taking over that spot because my god, his character is annoying as hell. I mean, KC is a very weak actress but I guess I'll have to look past her unsmiling face and smirks and just accept that she's trying to be genuine there.

I would hope those guys at the end would recognize that The Arrow is different, because of the lack of eye masks and lack of a deep voice but...eh, who am I kidding? They'll probably accept it and have the city turn against The Arrow in a flash.

Poor Nyssa; getting disowned by her own father and having to stay in Starling City. 

Thea/Roy! YESSSSSSSS. I love Roy now; he's really come on his own and he shot Nyssa with a tranq gun, so....smart guy there. It makes sense, because there's no way he could have defeated Nyssa without it (and Laurel got knocked down in 2 seconds compare to Roy's 10 HAHAHAHAHA)

Also...laughed when Oliver was talking to Felicity and said something along the lines of "I was thinking about those officers in the precinct and how they rely on me, Diggle and Roy"....HAHAHAHA. I give him a pass on not mentioning Felicity, because they wouldn't know about Felicity...but Laurel was fighting in the precinct too, and he never mentioned her. Ha!

Malcolm....has no purpose on this show anymore. He lost his purpose season 2, so he needs to either leave or go die. 

Let Oliver be happy for a hot minute, show. Or longer, because he deserves it more than anyone.

• Love 3

Oliver deepening his voice with Ray was hilarious. Practicing your Christian Bale? Lol

That was hilarious! A bit of an Alpha Male fronting, I think.
  • Love 3

Upon re-watch of certain scenes between two certain people, I noticed that when Oliver goes to Palmer Tech, right after Felicity says, "Oliver! Hi! What are you doing here?", Oliver almost imperceptibly narrows his eyes and shakes his head at her, followed by her saying, "I mean, it's nice to see you here." Do you think he was warning her against greeting him too familiarly in front of Ray? Expressing disapproval of her and Ray? Conveying disappointment in her? Expressing shock and surprise?

I think the narrowing eyes may have been directed at Ray, while the head shake was Oliver getting his "head in the game" and listening to what Felicity was really saying.  That, combined with his fake smile at the "call me Ray," yeah, Oliver came ready to be civil with Palmer, business man... but, to pull out my Shakespeare, "Civil as an orange, and something of that jealous complexion."

• Love 9

I think the narrowing eyes may have been directed at Ray, while the head shake was Oliver getting his "head in the game" and listening to what Felicity was really saying. That, combined with his fake smile at the "call me Ray," yeah, Oliver came ready to be civil with Palmer, business man... but, to pull out my Shakespeare, "Civil as an orange, and something of that jealous complexion."

Two points for a solid Shakespeare reference! Bonus for it being from one of my favorites.

Points to for MsSchadenfreude for what I read as at least two or three phrases from Tangled, both because I'm oddly fond of it and because it's been referred to elsewhere in Arrow fandom.

• Love 3

As mentioned by Angel12d and looptab, I love that it was Felicity invading HIS space, twice!, and neither time was he able to handle being so close to her.

This better be building to the most epic and game changing of lunges when neither one of them can hold back anymore. It will happen. It is known. Dammit, Show, I'm invested again! See what happens when you focus on the core relationships of TA? 

• Love 11

I would like to congratulate this thread! We have made it thru 3 pages and all have the posts have been positive & happy. Even the slightly less positive stuff have all been sprinkles in a larger happier post. It feels uplifting and I am slightly giddy that we were able to enjoy that amazing episode. It was just beyond good & hit all the right spots. I think a lot of us needed it, so thank you Arrow & thank you forum!! I love reading your insights & thoughts :)

Also a big congratulations to those of us who hang out in the spoiler discussion. I think a lot of us nailed some of these spoilers right on the mark. Thea/Roy dialogue tease, Nyssa being the reason Ras puts his hand in the pool, Ras being behind the fake arrow, OQ turning down the offer and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Well done spoiler sleuths!!

Like many of you, Im just beside myself with last nights episode. They managed to pull me back in just when I was think of getting out. Its pretty crafty of them. Of course all the happiness will likely be blown up within the first part of the next episode. But hey, Ill take this recharge of Arrow goodness anyday. If this is them being gamechangers by bringing it back to the core of what made Arrow good (meaningful character relationships/interactions, action & legit good/evil intrigue) Im in.:)

• Love 2

Can Oliver fly now? Because it looked like he just fired his arrow into thin air after talking to Lance.

Jokes aside, I was very pleased by all the Olicity scenes tonight and the character development by Oliver in general. I think he's ready to change his stance regarding the Arrow and Oliver Queen's coexistence. Unfortunately, I doubt Ra's is going to allow that change to come into effect. I would have loved to have heard Diggle and Felicity's "this week in the life of Oliver Queen" conversation.

Maseo said "What you meant to Akio." Yeah, the kid's a goner or at least Maseo thinks he is.

I was looking for the end of that arrow too. I never found it. Comical.

• Love 2

Thank everything holy for that episode. I thought Arrow and I were done. *sniff* I'm not sure if it helped that I didn't watch any previews, stayed out of most of the spoilers and didn't read any interviews. I had low expectations for this one, but it was up there with the Flarrow crossover as one of my favorites. 

The Olicity was WAY above my expectations. I don't understand why I had to struggle through most of the season to get to this, but I can't complain. I'm too schmoopy about Arrow today!

• Love 2

Lance - THANK YOU PB!! That was exactly how I imagine & expected QL to respond to both OQ & LL. Im so glad they didn't just have him forgive her. Seriously who buys big belly burgers for someone with a heart condition? Seriously, LL you couldn't tell him the truth about Sara cuz it might kill him, but now that he knows and didnt keel over, let's give him a burger that should have any effect on his heart.

She bought him Chinese food from Mama Chow's. Maybe she got him tofu, seafood and white meat chicken with brown rice?

• Love 1

OK so I know Ray hate from me can be astronomical, but when Felicity said "you can do that?" Concerning sowing someone's mouth shut, I immediately thought do it to Ray. He'd be perfect if he didn't talk.

Nope he'd still have crazy eyes

• Love 3

She bought him Chinese food from Mama Chow's. Maybe she got him tofu, seafood and white meat chicken with brown rice?

Word. It ain't that bad for you although Japanese is better. Everything in moderation as they say (as I eat Chinese for lunch).

And I'm drawing a blank---I know he said it to Diggle but when did Oliver tell Felicity that he just wanted her to be happy?

We never saw the conversation, sadly. Just like we never saw Diggle tell Felicity that Oliver was considering Ra's' offer. It sucks that they have that interaction off screen and we have to make assumptions but at least they're all talking which is a bonus.

Man, this episode is just a relief all round. It's like all the characters were finally allowed to be their true selves again. No propping anywhere. I'm not convinced it will last (one good episode does not a good season make) but I'll take it.

Why can't they pronounce "Ra's Al Ghul" consistently? Some characters pronounce it "R-ah-s Al Ghul", while the man himself pronounces it "Ray-sh Al Ghul". The correct Arabic way is more like the first, but the creator of the character intended it to be pronounced "Raysh". 

Either is fine, I suppose, but at least let everyone in the show pronounce it one way. It's very distracting, at least to me.

• Love 8

When watching Laurel and Nyssa talking in a friendly manner and Nyssa said about a reminder of Sara, am I bad to think, "Hey Nyssa do not flirt, Laurel is playing for the other team..."

Nice objectification of women, show. While Felicity dress looks okay from the front, it is open on the back. Who dresses like that in a working environment? As well, while Thea does have nice and tight abs, she seems to like to flaunt it almost everywhere.

Lastly, the characters keep on pronouncing the Ra's in Ra's al-Ghul as rays. Head in Arabic is pronounced as rahs.

I doubled checked Thea's outfit when Oliver got back -- I wanted to make sure she was wearing something different than her last scene in the lair or if there really is a magic portal to Nanda Parbat.

I only caught up with the episode this morning and from the comments here, I was expecting more.  Maybe it's because we've had so little that made sense and was character-consistent over this season.

Ra's is still dead weight to me.  I found the opening segment boring and couldn't understand why Oliver is still being so stupid as to believe he could turn the League of Assassins into do-gooders.  I know he's lacking in Emotional Intelligence but this is ridiculous.

I really feel for Thea.  Between Malcolm and Oliver, they've totally taken away her agency this season, still doing it, and not even Nyssa is listening to her.  I did notice that she lied to Laurel and Roy about how Nyssa got out of the cage.

Katrina Law remains awesome and if she had been cast as Laurel Lance, we wouldn't have had Sara or Felicity as a regular. Interesting how life works out like that.

I wanted The Arrow to point out to Quentin that if he had taken Felicity's phone calls, he would have known the attack was coming.

I was happy to be told that Diggle and Felicity are finally talking again, and to have the Oliver/Felicity scenes.  Too little, hopefully not too late.

I know it's been mentioned before but it bears repeating: If you like Katrina Law and don't mind rom-coms, she is adorable in Snow Bride:

That's one of the Christmas movies I actually enjoy watching.  For KL, and because Patricia Heaton's character ends up because kick-ass in the end.

I was right that Laurel was referring to Thea when she said that a friend of hers had troubles with her father too. The Nyssa reveal was at the end.  It's interesting that the three daddy situations were so different -- Thea's father was always a sociopath, Nyssa just realized that hers was, and Laurel's situation is of her own making.

Felicity must have precognition coms. She finds a robbery in progress, they all suit up including Laurel's buckles and get to the warehouse, and barely anything has happened yet beyond a few shots being fired.

When Stephen Amell said at Paley that Felicity is not the only woman Oliver has to save, did he mean saving Laurel in this episode from being run down by a truck?

I think the narrowing eyes may have been directed at Ray, while the head shake was Oliver getting his "head in the game" and listening to what Felicity was really saying.  That, combined with his fake smile at the "call me Ray," yeah, Oliver came ready to be civil with Palmer, business man... but, to pull out my Shakespeare, "Civil as an orange, and something of that jealous complexion."

Nicely done (Seville oranges being green in colour).

When Ra's was telling Oliver about the Lazarus Pit and Oliver replied he knew that there are strange things, I thought :"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".  There's a reason the guy's plays are still around.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Either is fine, I suppose, but at least let everyone in the show pronounce it one way. It's very distracting, at least to me.

I see this a lot and I never really understand why it is a big deal.  Not everyone pronounces things the same way.  The characters on this show are not all from Starling City, so of course they will say some things differently.  They all know who they're talking about. 

• Love 2

It doesn't bother me necessarily, but I do think it's funny that Oliver, who has had Ra's pronounce his own name in front of him, doesn't pronounce it the way Ra's does. Rude!!!

And this is the man he wants to take his throne. Pssshaw!

• Love 2

It doesn't bother me necessarily, but I do think it's funny that Oliver, who has had Ra's pronounce his own name in front of him, doesn't pronounce it the way Ra's does. Rude!!!

I agree. That's why it also bugs when Oliver keeps calling Masao/Maseo Ma-Say-Oh when Tatsu is clearly saying Mah-Sau. I generally try to pronounce people's names the way they pronounce them. One exception was a co-worker from New Zealand named Grant. He introduced himself to us as Grawnt and we all naturally proceeded to call him Grant the American way until he corrected us. It felt weird as an American saying Grawnt. Just like it seems pretentious and affected pronouncing Steuben and Zagat the correct way.

• Love 1

Actually, the Ra's pronunciation thing bugs me too because when someone says their name to you, you do your best to repeat it accurately.  Considerate people don't just make up their own version of what they've heard.  You ask for clarification if you are confused!  "Excuse me, sir, is it Rahs or Raysh?"  

• Love 5

And I'm drawing a blank---I know he said it to Diggle but when did Oliver tell Felicity that he just wanted her to be happy?

Seems that Felicity and Diggle rehash everything with each other. I love those two.

• Love 2

This better be building to the most epic and game changing of lunges when neither one of them can hold back anymore. It will happen. It is known. Dammit, Show, I'm invested again! See what happens when you focus on the core relationships of TA?

When these two do the lunge it better come with Clothes being removed and a hot makeout

• Love 1

I think Ra's should call him Oh-liver in retaliation.

Lol. I love it. I actually saw two attorneys in court descend into that level of crazy where they were deliberately mispronouncing each others names. It was hysterical

• Love 3

When I saw the crowded marketplace scene in the flashback, I thought, how lucky the show is that they are shooting in Vancouver with it's large Asian population.

One of my favorite lines, Felicity's response to lips sewn shut "If only I had known I had that option."

"You know me, I don't dance."  They really are putting it out there.  Hard to believe that Moira Queen's son doesn't dance though.

Actually, the Ra's pronunciation thing bugs me too because when someone says their name to you, you do your best to repeat it accurately.  Considerate people don't just make up their own version of what they've heard.  You ask for clarification if you are confused!  "Excuse me, sir, is it Rahs or Raysh?"  

Names and places.  (Pronouncing Eye-raq seems so disrespectful.)  But on a single TV show for one character, they really need to get it right.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
Roy shot her with a tranq dart.

Thank god, I thought it had bullets. Im relieved, not for Nyssa but for Roy. 

This episode was actually a good one for some reason. And that reason was definitely not Olicity for me (probably the weakest link in a satisfying episode), they should just put these two together,  yes I just love them that much. No more excuses, no more using characters to prop Olicity, best of all no more characters assassinated for their sake...I hope. The ingenuine writing for Olicity is as strong as ever, I see the break  didn't do them any good after all. I had some hope it would not feel so "manufactured" this time around, sadly no such luck. The writers have zero respect for any other relationship they write for Oliver or Felicity, so why waste so much time building  something you are just going to completely crap soon after?.  Lets get down to what you actually value and see how great it is.

Why does a character need to lead on someone else when with another. It devalues who its being done too, and who is doing it, Felicity. Why are they writing their main couples so squeaky, first The Flash now this.  Is it really the only way they can portray "epic" romances. Waiting impatiently now until they set Ray free, he could be in so much better hands, then they can be fully free to  further assassinate Oliver and Felicity characters within this relationship. 

Katrina/Nyssa was awesome in this, Im actually starting to really like the character, her personality is starting to shine through. Her budding relationship with Laurel seem to be getting interesting too. Boo, don't like Roy/Thea getting back together, it was an anti climatic scene imo. Liked how David/Diggle was used in this episode.

Edited by Conell

Mmh, I didn't read it that way. I thought he was taken aback by her less polite than usual greeting? She corrects  and shakes her head herself before saying "Nice to see you here". IDK. The fake smile and forced civility, though, yes, that was unmistakable :)

Why does a character need to lead on someone else when with another. It devalues who its being done too, and who is doing it, Felicity. 

How is she leading Oliver on? She straight-up told him they weren't together because it was his decision - she's not promising him anything and not delivering, and she's not giving him the hope of maybe someday. She told him she was glad he was in her life, especially after he decided to stop going out and doing dumb shit to try and get himself killed. Would that not be true regardless of what her romantic status was with anyone else? They've been friends for two+ years - of course it would. 

And she said that she and Ray were a "something," as in dating and not defined. So how exactly has Ray been wronged in this scenario? 

• Love 10

Sorry my bad, it looked like big belly burger bag.... Oh well, it was a minor detail. Mistake on my part, I apologize. That would be a healthier choice. Of course, it wouldn't change a thing. I do think that it was a beautiful (albeit sadly) scene. PB was just amazing!