Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder why Jill didn't mention this, from the ashland temple site:

"Guest Speaker David Rodrigues

May 15, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Join us as the Rodrigues family ministers to us through music and the preaching of the Word."

Surely they got hit hard for donations to Phillip's bible skoolin fund

the video jill posted of the ladies retreat where they were playing some sort of game appeared to be a bunch of empty tables and a table full of rod girls.

Oh goody he’s alive 🤣

• LOL 9

Update on Carlin. They're back in Nashville, and back at the ER. She apparently fainted 3 times yesterday! Her hemoglobin is back to normal, and a brain MRI came back normal. They don't know why this is going on, but they did send her home with a heart monitor. 

Evan has to go back to work tomorrow in Knoxville, and he doesn't trust Carlin to be home alone. She may stay in Nashville. They didn't mention her going home, but she would be okay with one of her sisters on hand, I would think.

• Useful 9
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Update on Carlin. They're back in Nashville, and back at the ER. She apparently fainted 3 times yesterday! Her hemoglobin is back to normal, and a brain MRI came back normal. They don't know why this is going on, but they did send her home with a heart monitor. 

Evan has to go back to work tomorrow in Knoxville, and he doesn't trust Carlin to be home alone. She may stay in Nashville. They didn't mention her going home, but she would be okay with one of her sisters on hand, I would think.

Hmmm, maybe POTS?

• Useful 2

Oh dear, if not for the hemoglobin being back to normal, I would wonder if it is anemia.   We found out I had anemia the hard way -- I passed out while driving.   Thankfully the only thing damaged was my car, nobody hurt, not even me except for a bruised sternum from my seatbelt.   Heart tests came back normal, brain tests normal (I have proof I have one now), after all these tests, my NP did a $150 blood test and they figured out my red cell count was ABYSMAL.   So I take iron every day and eat regularly, hasn't happened again.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Nope, this is not Jessa's bed. Its Carlin's bed. I don't know if I'm just lucky, but nothing like this ever happened with my newborns. Maybe Zade has a stomach bug or flu?

image.png.f4710a7f997ad446efa29a356e73d662.png

They brought him along to the ER when Carlin went. 😞 Not saying that’s why, though.

🤣 at the Jessa comment!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't quite follow this photo. Of course kids/anyone can get sick. Sickness (and cleaning it up) can be gross, but there is no shame in it, we are all human.

However who PHOTOGRAPHS the bodily fluids of your sick child (unless there is a medical reason to show a health care professional) and POSTS IT on the internet?? Why???

Carlin and Jessa.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

It looks like the kid got sick in 4 different spots.  Did they just move the child around to a dry spot each time?  I always put a clean sheet on after each time my daughters threw up.   Who would want to keep laying in that?

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin and Jessa.

But what IS that? The spots look like night sweats (the kids had a fever and sweated during the night) but what's the white stuff on top? looks like toothpaste or glue!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

It looks like the kid got sick in 4 different spots.  Did they just move the child around to a dry spot each time?  I always put a clean sheet on after each time my daughters threw up.   Who would want to keep laying in that?

That would require Carlin and Jessa and the rest of these fundie "homemakers" to own more than one set of sheets, and keep up on their laundry so there are fresh sheets to put on the bed.  

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That would require Carlin and Jessa and the rest of these fundie "homemakers" to own more than one set of sheets, and keep up on their laundry so there are fresh sheets to put on the bed.  

It would also require them to not be lazy. 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But what IS that? The spots look like night sweats (the kids had a fever and sweated during the night) but what's the white stuff on top? looks like toothpaste or glue!

What I'm seeing is tons of baby spit-up that has seeped moisture into silky type sheets.

IMO, that is a lot of fluids and nutrients for a couple month old baby to lose, but Carlin was more upset seeing her "breastmilk go to waste".

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

I thought it was milk-based puke that partially dried overnight??

Really?? And they just left it there? They didn’t put down a fresh sheet for the baby? Or did they not realize the little was vomiting until the 1:20am when they took the photo?

I am not trying to be obtuse but I don’t understand. If the sheets are dirty, throw down a clean towel. Until they are dry. I have “pet towels” just for gross gross spills or plumbing issues that I don’t use for drying off. A clean one of those would be better than a nasty sheet. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nope, this is not Jessa's bed. Its Carlin's bed. I don't know if I'm just lucky, but nothing like this ever happened with my newborns. Maybe Zade has a stomach bug or flu?

You can totally take the context of these pics and that caption very differently…adult fun anyone…

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the Prayer Closet snacking on barbacoa tacos.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

The video showed Evan wiping it up, hopefully just to get the bulk of it before washing the sheets. I would have stripped the bed and rinsed them first, instead. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 6

First, no one needed to see those photos.  Babies spit up.  Often at inopportune times.  I know Carlin is trying to be "relatable", but no one wants to see spit up or diaper blow outs.

Having said that, 2 of my 3 kids were epic spitter-uppers.  I remember asking my pediatrician about it, because I was concerned they weren't keeping enough down.  She reassured me that spit up always looks to be more voluminous than it actually is, and the fact they were growing normally showed there was no real cause for concern.  And as soon as they were both able to pull themselves up (around 7 months) the spitting up stopped.  Apparently it is usually due to a weak esophageal sphincter which strengthens with time.

The placement of the stains in the photos looks really odd to me though.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

First, no one needed to see those photos.  Babies spit up.  Often at inopportune times.  I know Carlin is trying to be "relatable", but no one wants to see spit up or diaper blow outs.

Having said that, 2 of my 3 kids were epic spitter-uppers.  I remember asking my pediatrician about it, because I was concerned they weren't keeping enough down.  She reassured me that spit up always looks to be more voluminous than it actually is, and the fact they were growing normally showed there was no real cause for concern.  And as soon as they were both able to pull themselves up (around 7 months) the spitting up stopped.  Apparently it is usually due to a weak esophageal sphincter which strengthens with time.

The placement of the stains in the photos looks really odd to me though.

My son was also an epic spitter-upper! I used to lay down towels all around when I would feed him, even on the floor. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Really?? And they just left it there? They didn’t put down a fresh sheet for the baby? Or did they not realize the little was vomiting until the 1:20am when they took the photo?

I am not trying to be obtuse but I don’t understand. If the sheets are dirty, throw down a clean towel. Until they are dry. I have “pet towels” just for gross gross spills or plumbing issues that I don’t use for drying off. A clean one of those would be better than a nasty sheet. 

I'm hoping the pic was taken right before they clean it all up.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What on earth am I looking at???

4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe they should try and grift some special sheets for mommies (as they would say). 🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What I'm seeing is tons of baby spit-up that has seeped moisture into silky type sheets.

IMO, that is a lot of fluids and nutrients for a couple month old baby to lose, but Carlin was more upset seeing her "breastmilk go to waste".

I wonder how she feels about the wet spot after sex. 😆😳. Maybe that’s her next post. 

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You can totally take the context of these pics and that caption very differently…adult fun anyone…

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the Prayer Closet snacking on barbacoa tacos.

You’re not the only one in there. Care for a margarita?

• LOL 7

Nurie is so lucky to be in Florida. Looks like BME and GWE have decided losing one slave was too much. Now they just guilt the girls into remaining local. Ugh. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, SMama said:

Nurie is so lucky to be in Florida. Looks like BME and GWE have decided losing one slave was too much. Now they just guilt the girls into remaining local. Ugh. 

I’m still shocked that Jonathan and his parents agreed to him moving to Ohio and living in a basement hovel. He already had support, connections, and a work history in Mississippi, so why didn’t they insist on Kaylee joining him there? I feel like there’s a missing piece here somehow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Jon-Boy has been totally Jillified. His only hope is for his parents to kidnap him back to Mississippi. Then Kaylee can join him after the blessed union. Headship? Heloooo? He can do it according to their “rules.”

• Love 9

Jonathan looks as if he's losing weight. In just a few more months of living on Jill's rations, he'll look like his emaciated brothers-in-law. 

Sadly, when I look at that photo of Jon and Kaylee singing in church, I see their entire future in a single frame.  

• Love 6
(edited)

David only serves his stomach and HUNGER full time. 

He has been faithful to me. (As far as you know). Hehe. I’d throw a parade if HUNK dumped Jill for a young widow/woman who works in a Olive Garden  ! FREE breadsticks for life.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

My Hunk David:

He sinks into his recliner like the rock he is. 

He never quits snoring. 

He's my best friend since nobody else wants to be friends with me.

He's mine because no other woman would have him.

He leads from the refrigerator to the table. 

He spends his days reading the bible because he doesn't have anything else to do. 

He has 13 children whose names he can sometimes remember. 

He loves me unconditionally because he knows how vicious I can be when someone crosses me. 

• LOL 20
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jonathan looks as if he's losing weight. In just a few more months of living on Jill's rations, he'll look like his emaciated brothers-in-law. 

Sadly, when I look at that photo of Jon and Kaylee singing in church, I see their entire future in a single frame.  

I noticed awhile back that he’s lost weight  and he also looks paler than he did when they first started courting IMO.  Exactly WTH does Jill do to all of these kid, slowly poison them?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That’s just unhygienic. Do they even wash that rag?

823F6A00-E1C1-4D31-8787-3B2A9DF64160.jpeg

The rag AND the thumb in her mouth for the audience to see.  WTH does BME even have her onstage?  Can GWE not take care of her for an hour?  What a sad state of affairs for those children.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I noticed awhile back that he’s lost weight  and he also looks paler than he did when they first started courting IMO.  Exactly WTH does Jill do to all of these kid, slowly poison them?

She drains the life out of them.  I swear she's an energy vampire!

• Love 1