Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, I watched the freaking video. I'm still cringing with all kinds of mixed emotions - none of them good.

Thank you for taking one for the team. I admire your courage and fortitude. Besides the engagement, was anything else disclosed. like the date or the happy couple's future plans?

I looked up Jonathan Hill's church in MS where is dad is pastor. I'm no fan of anything IFB and have no desire to ever meet them in my so-called real life - but IMO the Hills are several cuts above the Rods in education, literacy, and general life skills.

Over on reddit somebody posted info and links about the Hills a few months ago when the courtship was announced/being speculated about. One of the links was to a page on the church website about the Hill family - but that page no longer exists. I clicked all over the church site; it has a lengthy bio page for pastor Hill - he's entitled to be called Dr. Hill as he does hold I think a doctorate in education from some Christian college. There are big paragraphs about his career in the bio, but not a single word about his wife or kids.

Here's what I think: there used to be a whole page about the Hill family on the site so there was no reason for his bio page to mention them. Then, sometime in the last few months, that page was yanked from the church site. But they haven't edited dad's bio page to throw in the usual reference to the wife and kids. 

I wonder if the extra attention that came their way via crazy JillR prompted them to STFU on the website about the family. Or just meeting the Rods and knowing how they operate. But for whatever reason, Pastor Hill is no longer featuring his wife and I think 13 kids on his church website. 

I did visit his wife's FB page for their farm. She raises goats and I think also cattle. There are other animals including hedgehogs. One of the married sons has a lizard breeding/sales business. I saw a photo of Mrs. (Sarah) Hill. She looks intelligent, healthy, and wasn't flashing a face loaded with cheap makeup. Kind of the anti-Jill. I'd call it a natural look. (ETA: the FB page is written in normal English, apparently by an adult, with no overuse of exclamation points and no random capitalization. And the photos aren't selfies.Just saying.)

I browsed through recent back issues of the weekly church bulletin. Jonathan makes regular appearances there, listed as the speaker at the Sunday night service, and a brother as the speaker on Wednesday nights. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 17
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Thank you for taking one for the team. I admire your courage and fortitude. Besides the engagement, was anything else disclosed. like the date or the happy couple's future plans?

I looked up Jonathan Hill's church in MS where is dad is pastor. I'm no fan of anything IFB and have no desire to ever meet them in my so-called real life - but IMO the Hills are several cuts above the Rods in education, literacy, and general life skills.

Over on reddit somebody posted info and links about the Hills a few months ago when the courtship was announced. One of the links was to a page on the church website about the Hill family - but that page no longer exists. I clicked all over the church site; it has a lengthy bio page for pastor Hill - he's entitled to be called Dr. Hill as he does hold I think a doctorate in education from some Christian college. There are big paragraphs about his career in the bio, but not a single word about his wife or kids.

Here's what I think: there used to be a whole page about the Hill family on the site so there was no reason for his bio page to mention them. Then, sometime in the last few months, that page was yanked from the church site. But they haven't edited dad's bio page to throw in the usual reference to the wife and kids. 

I wonder if the extra attention that came their way via crazy JillR prompted them to STFU on the website about the family. Or just meeting the Rods and knowing how they operate. But for whatever reason, Pastor Hill is no longer featuring his wife and I think 13 kids on his church website. 

I did visit his wife's FB page for their farm. She raises goats and I think also cattle. There are other animals including hedgehogs. One of the married sons has a lizard breeding/sales business. I saw a photo of Mrs. (Sarah) Hill. She looks intelligent, healthy, and wasn't flashing a face loaded with cheap makeup. Kind of the anti-Jill. I'd call it a natural look. 

I browsed through recent back issues of the weekly church bulletin. Jonathan makes regular appearances there, listed as the speaker at the Sunday night service, and a brother as the speaker on Wednesday nights. 

This information makes me curious as to why the Hills would want to be related by marriage to the Rods. Even more curious as to why they would not advise their son against moving to Ohio to be a full time part of the Rod circus.

I recall when N&N announced their courtship Jill posted about Nathan’s family. She mentioned all his siblings and how many children they had, plus a lot of over the top praise of the parents. I wonder why not with Jonathan.

This is totally nit picking but I can’t help myself. When Kaylee was showing her ring Jill had to stick her sausage fingers to position the girl’s finger to her liking. Poor Kaylee could not have that moment on her terms. Where were David and Jonathan’s parents? It’s all about Jill. What else can be expected from someone who live streams a funeral service for children she never met, and takes selfies in front of the caskets. The Hills are going to regret this pairing. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, SMama said:

This information makes me curious as to why the Hills would want to be related by marriage to the Rods. Even more curious as to why they would not advise their son against moving to Ohio to be a full time part of the Rod circus.

I recall when N&N announced their courtship Jill posted about Nathan’s family. She mentioned all his siblings and how many children they had, plus a lot of over the top praise of the parents. I wonder why not with Jonathan.

Snap! I was just composing a post on that very point when yours popped up. The Keller family isn't featured on Jill's SM these days like it was before, but that could mostly be on account of Nemo's taking up most of her bandwidth. And that being Anna DUGGAR's relatives isn't a point of pride these days. But she was ALL OVER IT, featuring the Kellers during the courtship, engagement, wedding, etc.

Jill's standard operating procedure is to plaster her SM with photos and praise of the people who they meet at church appearances, or who treat them to meals or take them out to somewhere fun. Including the Kellers when Nathan was courting/engaged/newly married to Nurie. 

But the Hills haven't been featured like that AFAIK. 

Holy smoke - has JillR come up against somebody who can actually make her STFU on social media? 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

The more I think about the engagement video (I know, I know) - did Jill force the poor dude to do it now while they were in town? He talked twice about it being "last minute". I did have the volume down so I may have missed some, but I'm not willing to have another listen.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well Sarah Hill does have a essential oils website, so there's that.

Yes there is. I didn't mention it in my post above, but her blog was scrubbed of all content some time after it was linked in that reddit post about the family. The reddit post said that on that blog she discussed their activities and training her kids. But when you go there now there is nothing but the front page with her photo, email, and a link to her essential oils site. 

I think the Hills are more savvy than the average fundies about social media and the internet. They have scrubbed their sites sometime in the six months since that redditor visited and posted about them. And somehow they have avoided being dragged all over JillR's SM. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I can't stop laughing at this. Why? Because, if this stupid family had their own thread, I would want Kaylee and Jonathon's thread to be:
Kaylee and Jonathon - That Poor Dumb Fuck

I also wonder how BME is going to top those creepy, embarrassing photos of Nurthan's engagement, with Kaylee and Jonathon. She started with one already.

Soon to come : Pics of Kiki and J in the bushes or covered in mud passionately having hand sex and eating bananas 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Over on reddit somebody posted info and links about the Hills a few months ago when the courtship was announced/being speculated about. One of the links was to a page on the church website about the Hill family - but that page no longer exists. I clicked all over the church site; it has a lengthy bio page for pastor Hill - he's entitled to be called Dr. Hill as he does hold I think a doctorate in education from some Christian college. There are big paragraphs about his career in the bio, but not a single word about his wife or kids.

I did visit his wife's FB page for their farm. She raises goats and I think also cattle. There are other animals including hedgehogs. One of the married sons has a lizard breeding/sales business. I saw a photo of Mrs. (Sarah) Hill. She looks intelligent, healthy, and wasn't flashing a face loaded with cheap makeup. Kind of the anti-Jill. I'd call it a natural look. (ETA: the FB page is written in normal English, apparently by an adult, with no overuse of exclamation points and no random capitalization. And the photos aren't selfies.Just saying.)

Hedgehogs! And a doctorate in education! Jonathan and Kaylee need to live close to his family, and maybe they can get Kaylee into some classes. And hasn’t Jill said that Kaylee always wanted a farmer? Please don’t stay near Jill, young couple.

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Hedgehogs! And a doctorate in education! Jonathan and Kaylee need to live close to his family, and maybe they can get Kaylee into some classes. And hasn’t Jill said that Kaylee always wanted a farmer? Please don’t stay near Jill, young couple.

Do we know what their plans are?

BTW, according to the church bio page, before becoming a pastor, Jonathan's dad had a 12 year career in apparently very responsible jobs with ACE, the company that produces and sells an apparently widely-used Christian education curriculum by that name. It's used in schools as well as by homeschoolers. I don't know much about those things, but from a little reading over the years I think ACE is better than the IBLP/ATI homeschool materials ( a LOW bar!!) - although of course it's fully steeped in fundie Christian views of the world, science, etc.  And said to rely very heavily on rote learning, vs. teaching analytical thinking skills. 

Kaylee will stay deep in the IFB/fundie fold although hopefully in a less chaotic family. OTOH if they stay in Ohio near the Rods, the chaos will be on their doorstep 25/7/365.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

A thousand times YES. Jonathan already has work preaching and farming and maybe even something else, so why would he leave? It's not like there are better opportunities in Ohio unless he wants to tend Jill's rock garden. He could end up miserable. 

I'm sure Jill wants to keep AndKaylee close for household labor and Jonathan close for groceries and outings. Jill is all about Jill, as we know. 

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I hope the newlyweds don’t live in a bus by mommy dearest house or the upstairs attic. Does Tim mind sharing his bus with 2 more people?

A couple having sex in Tim's bus would be the last straw for poor Tim. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Thd lack of posts really made me think they broke up. Jill definitely fawned over Nathan a lot more than Jonathan. I don't buy that it's her respecting a request for SM silence. I doubt anyone could stop her if she wanted to saturate her SM with their godly love. Maybe it's because Nathan was Duggar adjacent (until ofsmuggar didn't welcome BME with open arms) or Nurie is the golden child. Jill does what she wants.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh Jonathan you poor dumb fuck. Grab Kaylee and run! 

His parents are as dumb as he is.  I’m pretty sure that Jill said they were there for the proposal.  Decent parents wouldn’t want their child anywhere near Jill and her shitstorm.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

His parents are as dumb as he is.  I’m pretty sure that Jill said they were there for the proposal.  Decent parents wouldn’t want their child anywhere near Jill and her shitstorm.

I agree, but I also think that we often overestimate how much control people have over other family members. In my experience, you can warn someone else about something until you are blue in the face, and all it does is just egg them on even more. I don't think their presence necessarily means they are encouraging him so much as it just means that they've come to terms with the decision. Of course, they may be all on board--which is a horrifying thought--but they also may have just wisely conceded that fighting him on this only pushes him more into Jill's arms. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

I but they also may have just wisely conceded that fighting him on this only pushes him more into Jill's arms

My lawyer will be calling your lawyer to discuss how much you owe me for the brain bleach required by that mental image. 🤢

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 21
  • Love 3

There are only so many fundy families to go around.   The Duggars are almost out of girls AND are toxic now.   Even if you believe Josh was persecuted why would you let someone marry into that family with the current hubbub.   not sure how many the Bates have left.   The Kellers are pretty much done too.   Sometimes if you wanna marry your son off you gotta accept a little less than perfect.

We also don't know the families future plans.   Jilly may want them to stay close but his family might have a stronger influence on that decision. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Is she 12? This is cringeworthy and vomit inducing

939CD7AC-36C2-4294-99CE-3021723ABCAA.jpeg

D18AC922-70EB-4C88-83C5-5F73338C4E26.jpeg

Something is going on with GWE’s hair.  He’s either wearing a toupee or BME has dyed it black.  It looks different than it usually does IMO.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

My lawyer will be calling your lawyer to discuss how much you owe me for the brain bleach required by that mental image. 🤢

If it helps, I gagged a little while typing it. LOL

• LOL 13

Is something going on between GWE and BME?  Why all of the constant very public professions of love?  I don't think healthy relationships need to attract so much attention and publicity.

Edited by CalicoKitty
forgot a word.
  • Love 12

I lost my mind for a moment and watched some Kiki's engagement announcement video. Jonny Boy seems to have the same manner of speaking as the Rodlets do. They all just speak... different. I don't know how to describe it, but you all know what I mean. I also want to know why he kept saying he did it "last-minute." Why? Did BME have a deadline she had to fulfill?

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I lost my mind for a moment and watched some Kiki's engagement announcement video. Jonny Boy seems to have the same manner of speaking as the Rodlets do. They all just speak... different. I don't know how to describe it, but you all know what I mean. I also want to know why he kept saying he did it "last-minute." Why? Did BME have a deadline she had to fulfill?

Kaylee knew it was coming, just didn't know when. She painted her ring fingernail special silver. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

For those of you who didn't watch the video, Jill had Not-Nurie's fiancé tell her what he was wearing so Jill could make sure they had coordinating outfits. He wore a pink shirt and slacks. Jill and the two Not-Nuries (maybe the next in line too?) had on identical outfits - pink shirts and black skirts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I lost my mind for a moment and watched some Kiki's engagement announcement video. Jonny Boy seems to have the same manner of speaking as the Rodlets do. They all just speak... different. I don't know how to describe it, but you all know what I mean.

I liken the way they speak, to having no education whatsoever.

For those that watched that video and survived, kudos. I made it to about 5 seconds. Skipped ahead and couldn't listen much after that. The two not Nurie's at the end, creeped me out. Everything those kids say is so forced with BME behind it all. They always look terrified on video.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Madtown said:

For those that watched that video and survived, kudos. I made it to about 5 seconds. Skipped ahead and couldn't listen much after that. The two not Nurie's at the end, creeped me out. Everything those kids say is so forced with BME behind it all. They always look terrified on video.

Exactly.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

The lack of posts really made me think they broke up. Jill definitely fawned over Nathan a lot more than Jonathan. I don't buy that it's her respecting a request for SM silence. I doubt anyone could stop her if she wanted to saturate her SM with their godly love. Maybe it's because Nathan was Duggar adjacent (until ofsmuggar didn't welcome BME with open arms) or Nurie is the golden child. Jill does what she wants.

The one on the right looks like a 50 year old anorexic. Poor thing.

Both are probably praying to get married ASAP to get away from momsy and get a few decent meals.

2 down 11 to go…

Tim must be seething since he isn’t close to getting sex from his godly picked by momsy wife… ( he might snap soon ) I thought a Dingus would marry Tim by now.

Jonkey  wedding will be something to look forward too. It will be cheap and gaudy…

2A0874CD-D40A-48FB-91D6-72702C555174.jpeg

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Did Jill ever tell us how Kaython/JohnKay/etc. met?  And what will we call them?  Clearly I don't have the creativity tocome up with something good.

The only thing I recall is Jill saying they met the Hill family through friends, while traveling.

• Useful 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For those of you who didn't watch the video, Jill had Not-Nurie's fiancé tell her what he was wearing so Jill could make sure they had coordinating outfits. He wore a pink shirt and slacks. Jill and the two Not-Nuries (maybe the next in line too?) had on identical outfits - pink shirts and black skirts.

Thank you for watching so we don’t have to. The fewer people that give her clicks, the better. 🙂

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

The Hill parents may seem a step above the Rods, but we see how the children of Fundy parents turn out. The sons seem to fair far worse than the daughters. Just look at the Bates brothers, Duggar brothers and Tim.

The Hill children may be the Rod parents of the future.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Yet Jonathan’s dad has a doctorate in education. You’d think his son would speak better than the Rods.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Did Jill ever tell us how Kaython/JohnKay/etc. met?  And what will we call them?  Clearly I don't have the creativity tocome up with something good.

His aunt is in Jill's plexus downline.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4