Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Well, why not?  The pretty venue was paid for by someone else.  It was a nice day, Sam looked presentable, and Bri had a spare Cinderella dress shoved into the trunk of her car.  Two birds, one stone.

I want to hope that this photo shoot did not occur during the reception.......

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

Someone on reddit called her "Scarlet O'Fundie." 🤣

I think those photos were taken at Heidi and Tim's wedding venue. Jill could make some coin giving seminars on Grifting Through Life, Professional Level. 

She would probably be offended if she knew about Katie Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler Butler's antics. 

Something about Bri creeps me out. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she is deeply disturbing. Honestly, I get a beats-disobedient-children vibe from her. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, why not?  The pretty venue was paid for by someone else.  It was a nice day, Sam looked presentable, and Bri had a spare Cinderella dress shoved into the trunk of her car.  Two birds, one stone.

We are talking Jill. 

3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

She would probably be offended if she knew about Katie Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler Butler's antics. 

Something about Bri creeps me out. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she is deeply disturbing. Honestly, I get a beats-disobedient-children vibe from her. 

Scarlett was no demure woman! 

Yea, I get ick vibes from her. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

All I can add is WTAF? Scarlett O'Fundie is perfect. Her real personality is closer to Scarlett's. 

Maybe her REAL one but not the one she is showing Jill. 

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe her REAL one but not the one she is showing Jill. 

But odds are that REAL side will come out to Jill with a vengeance at some point and poor Samuel will be stuck in the middle between the two crazy women.

• Like 5

The real unfortunate thing is that Samuel simply doesn't know any better.  He has no idea that they're both 100 shades of batshit crazy.  ALL HE KNOWS is batshit crazy so to him, that's normal.  

Goddamn these kids are screwed.  Fuck you, Jill.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Heidi has a strong support system around her. Her family is what is keeping her from being absorb by the Jill collective.

Maybe Timothy just felt need to be spared his wife and his mother in law clinging to each other and sobbing every time they had to part. 😂

One odd thing for me is I just can't imagine either Tim or Heidi being disrespectful to Jill (and Dave).

My guess would be they told the parents they had prayed about it moving east and felt this was where their god was calling them for this season of life.

Jill has said time and again using social media was a choice up to the "children" when they became adults. Timothy and Heidi chose something not to Jill's liking.

Pastor Nathan Keller certainly drew a hard line on his MIL posting whatever story and video she wanted after Naomi's birth. Wasn't that also disrespectful?

Jill is losing control and she doesn't like it.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
(edited)

Yes, Jill literally had unmitigated the gall to use the wedding venue that the Coveretts paid for for a  formal photoshoot  for her new favorite son and the psycho. Then went on to diss and insult the Coveretts and their relationships online for weeks afterwards. 🤬🤬🤬 It appears that they did so even AS the reception was ongoing. Sam simply switched to a blue tie but was still fucking wearing his boutonnière! Did Brigot actually pack that huge, poufy cosplay monstrosity in her luggage??

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Apparently it DID occur during the reception . . .😳🤬

1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

The real unfortunate thing is that Samuel simply doesn't know any better.  He has no idea that they're both 100 shades of batshit crazy.  ALL HE KNOWS is batshit crazy so to him, that's normal.  

Goddamn these kids are screwed.  Fuck you, Jill.

And the fool called her “the most beautiful, the most perfect.” WHAT?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
(edited)

I’ve been to weddings and family reunions where individual families take pictures with their immediate family members who are present. I have never been to either where someone pulls the photo shoot stunt Jill did.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve been to weddings and family reunions where individual families take pictures with their immediate family members who are present. I have never been to either where someone pulls the photo shoot stunt Jill did.

Why this way, she didn't have to pay for a nice location! Plus, Tim and Heidi's wedding was about them not about her, so why should she care? 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Why this way, she didn't have to pay for a nice location! Plus, Tim and Heidi's wedding was about them not about her, so why should she care? 

She has never paid for a nice location for courtship photos. I recall her posting a video of Kaylee and Jonathan's courtship announcement and it was some place on the side of a highway and her fb was full of comments that nothing could be heard over the traffic noise.

Who do you think dreamed this photo op up though. Jill or Brianne? They did the courtship announcement, what a month ago at the akron zoo or wherever that restaurant was. Maybe Brianne dreamed of something different, so we get her in the cinderella dress.

I expect an engagement announcement at the Rod/Noyes thanksgiving fest at the barndo or christmas at the latest. Maybe Jill will push them to wait until a photo op on a florida beach can happen on the early 2025 winter grift tour.

Screenshot (748).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3

As @Heathen and others mentioned, there's something off with Bri.  The thing that stood out to me in the photos was the almost vacant looks.  She is a very pretty girl, but, the smile doesn't meet the eyes.  She kinda scares me, to be honest.  I have no reason to believe she is a violent person, but she has a "mean girl" personality.  Poor Sam has no idea of what his near future holds.  I don't think Jill does either, but I'm not worried about her.  

As for the pictures, those are a choice.  Her first dress is lovely, and if those were the only photos taken, I wouldn't even call them inappropriate.  Mr. Six & I had engagement photos taken as it was custom for them to be published in our local newspapers.  They were taken at Sears Portrait Studios, and we had them done in the summer of 1998.  He's in jeans and a light blue collared shirt, and I'm in jeans and a pink sweater (and big hair for emphasis 'cause it was the '90s).  Oh, and because I would be what Jill considers a slut, he has his hand on my shoulder.  I was such a tease back then 🤫.  

• Like 3

I agree with you, @sixlets . Something about her scares me as well. If this “courtship” continues, and since they had their “official courtship pictures” taken it will continue… things will not end well. I don’t know what, but something will go awry. And it won’t be pretty. JMHO. 

• Like 4

I hope she wore the first dress to the wedding and not the Cinderella one.  Who would think this was appropriate in the 2020's, and who would have the actual nerve to appear in public like that (except for a halloween party) at someone else's celebration?  This is so odd.  Poor Sam.