Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Also, Jill posed them on an incline so the boys appear taller. Tessie and Hannie are surely taller than Timothy and Sadie has grown quite tall this past year.

Seems someone here mentioned Sam's girl was seen in ohio last weekend, so courting or engaged.

The boys are also closer to the camera. Jill's trying hard to send a message, but I'm not sure what it is. 

Good for Kylee and Jon for taking Gideon to a doctor and getting him glasses. He won't end up like his poor aunt Olivia, who appears to squint to see everything.

Brianne, Sam can't support you but will expect you to produce a dozen kids and figure out how to feed them on your own. You'll probably try selling Plexus, but running away from the Rodrigues family is a much better idea.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

Fr where are they going to live? The new tool shed? But it’s probably full of Jill’s junk already. The upstairs attic is empty but it’s only for the Keller family. Maybe BriBri is giving dowry like she is going to pay for rent or a trailer? No way sam the man can gather enough $ for a homestead in a year. Unless it’s going to be a 1-2 year engagement?

I don’t get why she is going for teen groom? It’s like Jessa/Ben all over again!

• Like 9
(edited)

Gotta get him married off and tied down quickly so he doesn't pull a Phillip!  A camper on the family property will likely be their only option.

Edited by RowdyCam
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe BriBri is giving dowry

This seems like the most likely option.   If she is college educated and has been working she could have some money saved up.    Because Sammers sure as heck doesn't.   Every cent he earns goes to making Mahmo feel good by giving her presents and taking her out to dinner, etc.

• Like 10
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

This seems like the most likely option.   If she is college educated and has been working she could have some money saved up.    Because Sammers sure as heck doesn't.   Every cent he earns goes to making Mahmo feel good by giving her presents and taking her out to dinner, etc.

And Jill buying monthly supplies of plexus!

• Sad 4

It is imperative for her to join Mother-in-law's Plexus team.  I would hope she would be smart enough to see through the MLM scam, but her voice will not be heard over Jill's.  I get the feeling that she is really falling head first into this cult.

• Sad 9

My cousin's girlfriend just argued her dissertation to a win as she is on her way to a doctorate in anthropology..... that is an announcement! With the Rods, pregnancy? courting? engagement? BFD. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It is imperative for her to join Mother-in-law's Plexus team.  I would hope she would be smart enough to see through the MLM scam, but her voice will not be heard over Jill's.  I get the feeling that she is really falling head first into this cult.

Oh, she's already in. On an old FB post, she wanted prayers for her family, who were "unsaved." Her father has an arrest record (charges later dropped). It doesn't sound like she came from a stable upbringing. She must have gotten saved in college. I do wonder how she found Anchor Baptist. It's not like the biggest church in the county. And it's pretty much in the sticks, I believe. It's just weird she ended up there. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

My cousin's girlfriend just argued her dissertation to a win as she is on her way to a doctorate in anthropology..... that is an announcement! With the Rods, pregnancy? courting? engagement? BFD. 

Congratulation to your cousin's girlfriend.  That is really an accomplishment!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RowdyCam said:

Gotta get him married off and tied down quickly so he doesn't pull a Phillip!  A camper on the family property will likely be their only option.

I predict Gabriel, who will be 19 in May but has another year of school left, will follow Samuel's path and we will get an announcement Gabriel has finished his school work early, found an EXCEPTIONAL job near the barndo and will graduate in June. This will be right after the 2025 winter grift trip to florida where they need Gabriel to be the only manly man to carry and set up at the grift stops

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Y'all, don't be shocked but there is a house that rivals JRod's. Its in a whole different class but it might be tied for tacky and ugly. 

Kody and Robyn Brown from Sister Wives are selling their million+ dollar home in Flagstaff, AZ.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Y'all, don't be shocked but there is a house that rivals JRod's. Its in a whole different class but it might be tied for tacky and ugly. 

Kody and Robyn Brown from Sister Wives are selling their million+ dollar home in Flagstaff, AZ.

The purple bedroom must have really been something before they decluttered it for pictures. 🤪

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The purple bedroom must have really been something before they declittered it for pictures. 🤪

Luckily it is dark while they sleep.  That room could give someone nightmares.

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The purple bedroom must have really been something before they declittered it for pictures. 🤪

That's quite the typo. 

• LOL 24
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Boy Brie is desperate to get married. Younger and uneducated man with barely any life experiences or job experience, hope she plans to work full time.

And as a bonus, she gets Jill for a MIL!

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 4
37 minutes ago, all fall down said:

Brianne has re-activated her facebook. It was definitely gone for a few hours but it's back now. 

Are you sure about that?

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Does anyone know how they met in the first place?  Was it at church?

Nurie seems to have befriended this woman that maybe joined Pastor Nathan Keller's church.

There also appears to be a connection of some sort between Sam's girl and a church in georgia where the Rod's made a grift stop a few years back. Really tiny place. Anyway the previous pastor's wife liked just about everything sam's girl posted on fb.

Possibly they directed her to Pastor Nathan Keller's church, where she befriended Nurie and Hannah Keller. Nurie played matchmaker or just sent mama the tea party pics of her new single, female friend and mama arranged the rest.

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Are you sure about that?

Dang, it's gone again. It was gone, then it was back, now it's gone again. 

I have it bookmarked so it's easy for me to click on it. Very weird, wonder what she's up to. 

• Useful 3
28 minutes ago, all fall down said:

Dang, it's gone again. It was gone, then it was back, now it's gone again. 

I have it bookmarked so it's easy for me to click on it. Very weird, wonder what she's up to. 

Waiting for Jill's announcement?

• Sad 2

Samuel is in a courtship. Which we knew. 

anyway, that poor girl is so uncomfortable with that camera pointed at her face. She is so soft spoken and looked terrified. I would be as well if I was marrying into the rod family. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Here is our BIG NEWS! 😊 Our son Samuel is in a courtship with Brianne Hessert.....one of the sweetest girls in the world! 

David and I could not gave handpicked a better fit for Samuel.  She has fulfilled our deepest prayer and desire for our son.  She is one of four children and she is from Florida. 

Brianne is beautiful, kind, loving, respectful, God honoring, chaste and virtuous.  

When they met at a church service we went to last year, it was "love at first sight" for them both.  

We are SO proud of Samuel for choosing well!  💜 Congratulations to this sweet couple as they embark upon a journey of getting to know one another at even deeper level.  We love you both beyond words.  Thank you, Samuel and Brianne, for honoring God in every aspect of your life.  We love you both beyond description!   God is SO faithful!   🥰   (*More video content and pics coming in a few weeks!) 

#newcourtship 
#HonoringGod

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5
(edited)

Damn!  Jill is all about the love-bombing.  I actually knew my MIL before Mr. Six and I started dating, and I think she was still side-eyeing me on our wedding day.  Not only does this poor woman have to deal with Sam as her future husband, but she also gets stuck with Jill for a MIL?  Poor thing got heads when she should have asked for tails.  I hope one of Dog's characteristics is patience because she's really going to need it for this family.

Edited by sixlets
funny little thing...prepositions
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Given the "broken" state of her family, it wouldn't surprise me if Brianne looked at Jill as a surrogate mother. Her FB is back and one of her posts links to a modest dressing, IFB group. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Not sure why autocorrect capitalized state
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2

Wow, that is one plain Fundy girl. At least she has eyebrows. I guess her mother didn’t introduce one makeup a year, or whatever the heck Jill does. What does she do? And how old? What is her story? She desperately needs a makeover. Like she’s playing a fundy girl in a movie, and a more normal person is under there. I couldn’t even understand a word she said.

I always thought Sam was very cute. I like the long and lean look, just not starving. Speaking of starving, did you notice that she was eating and Sam didn’t even have a plate? Either he was ravenous and ate quickly, or he could only pay for one dinner.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie seems to have befriended this woman that maybe joined Pastor Nathan Keller's church.

There also appears to be a connection of some sort between Sam's girl and a church in georgia where the Rod's made a grift stop a few years back. Really tiny place. Anyway the previous pastor's wife liked just about everything sam's girl posted on fb.

Possibly they directed her to Pastor Nathan Keller's church, where she befriended Nurie and Hannah Keller. Nurie played matchmaker or just sent mama the tea party pics of her new single, female friend and mama arranged the rest.

What is Brianna’s last name?

(edited)
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

What is Brianna’s last name?

Gullible. 

In all seriousness -- Hessert. I had to go see how "plain" she is. She reminds me of the Mennonite women I knew in Kansas. 

Edited by Heathen
Update
  • Like 9
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Gullible. 

In all seriousness -- Hessert. I had to go see how "plain" she is. She reminds me of the Mennonite women I knew in Kansas. 

She's a convert , of course she went full on fundie. At least she has an education to fall back on when the shine wears off.

• Like 10

I think she’s pretty in a fresh faced midwestern style.  Even though she’s not from the Midwest.  It’s nice that neither she or Heidi put on two tons of make-up.

I think Samuel was done eating as she was almost done. 

I hope these two can carry on conversations that flow a lot easier than the two of them talking to the camera.  Of course Jill had to put it all to music and make it so you couldn’t hear them speak. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, lianau said:

She's a convert , of course she went full on fundie. At least she has an education to fall back on when the shine wears off.

I don't know her but I get a "drink and ladle out the Kool aid" from her. Something just doesn't sit right with me. I don't know.

Maybe she will out Jill, Jill? Telling her she has on too much make up or her skirt is too tight... or Jill will run over her and she won't know what hit her. 

Again, something bothers me. 

• Like 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

anyway, that poor girl is so uncomfortable with that camera pointed at her face. She is so soft spoken and looked terrified. I would be as well if I was marrying into the rod family. 

She better get used to it. By marrying into the rod family a camera in her face at all times is what's in store for the rest of her life unless she or Samuel puts an end to it

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Brianne is very attractive. Her skin and features are nice. I'm not sure why she's dressed for a different century, but not wearing makeup and not doing stuff to her hair will make her life a lot easier than trying to look like a Rodrigues woman.

Come to think of it, skipping the hair and makeup may be about the only easy thing in her life with Sam and his family. He's good looking, but that's about all I see he has going for him. I hope they don't end up being David and Jill clones with an army of kids and not nearly enough money to feed them. 

• Like 9
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Brianne is very attractive. Her skin and features are nice. I'm not sure why she's dressed for a different century, but not wearing makeup and not doing stuff to her hair will make her life a lot easier than trying to look like a Rodrigues woman.

Come to think of it, skipping the hair and makeup may be about the only easy thing in her life with Sam and his family. He's good looking, but that's about all I see he has going for him. I hope they don't end up being David and Jill clones with an army of kids and not nearly enough money to feed them. 

Well said. As has been mentioned here, she's a convert. Apparently wasn't raised fundie and has really gone all in, with the IFB/KJV church belief system. In my limited experience, religious converts - especially fairly recent converts - can be more strenuously (and sometimes performatively) observant than folks who grew up in the religion or have belonged for a long time. Brianne seems to be in that enthusiastic convert phase. 

I wonder if Brianne's somewhat performative meek tradwife no-makeup old-fashioned dress persona, will survive in the face of Jill's truck stop hooker style of makeup and overprocessed hair (with cheap extensions for special occasions). Because Jill's a licensed cosmetologist, doncha know, and an expert in Gawdly and Mawhdest hair, makeup, and clothing for women who worship the correct Jesus. 

I agree that Sam is very handsome - certainly quite photogenic. I have an impression that he's not very bright - or maybe it's just that he's skilled at getting things done on a practical level but he's not very articulate. In a group of 13 siblings it wouldn't be rare that one or more has some level of dyslexia or a similar learning disability. And of course in that family such a condition will never be acknowledged, much less handled appropriately. That issue hits some of my buttons. Among my relations - on both sides of my extended family - are a couple of now grown men who were diagnosed when quite young with learning disabilities. And in each case their parents were all on board with getting them diagnosed, and then worked with them (and their schools) each year as they went through school to be sure they got the support they needed to succeed. Having witnessed all that over the years, the thought of the ignorance and neglect dealt out to kids like the Rods, is alternately saddening and infuriating to me. And that's the end of my TED talk about that. 🙂

• Like 18
1 hour ago, beckie said:

I thought Jill was going to add..."and they're having a double wedding with Timothy and Heidi!" I'm glad she didn't. 

It would be just like Jill to piggyback on a celebration someone else paid for!

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

It would be just like Jill to piggyback on a celebration someone else paid for!

I'm guessing that the thought had entered her head.  Maybe she just hasn't announced her plans yet.  A double son wedding!  Maybe she will try to at least share the reception.  Nothing would surprise me at all, but I think she has met her match with Heidi's family.  Unfortunately, I am serious.

• Like 7

Jill might try to pull a double wedding with Tim and Heidi but Heidi will not allow it.  Plus the wedding is this month, even for Jill that would be pretty hard to pull off.

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Brianne is beautiful, kind, loving, respectful, God honoring, chaste and virtuous.

Literally all she has to say about her.   Which she would say about anyone marrying one of her son's.   Just like her descriptions of her own kids, generic and devoid of personality.

Can we not stalk this young lady?   She's never been on the show and its not clear she wants this level of attention.   Just leave her be.   If Jill says something we can talk about Jill but leave Brianne alone.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Jill might try to pull a double wedding with Tim and Heidi but Heidi will not allow it.  Plus the wedding is this month, even for Jill that would be pretty hard to pull off.

Literally all she has to say about her.   Which she would say about anyone marrying one of her son's.   Just like her descriptions of her own kids, generic and devoid of personality.

Can we not stalk this young lady?   She's never been on the show and its not clear she wants this level of attention.   Just leave her be.   If Jill says something we can talk about Jill but leave Brianne alone.

Jill missed things like she is a college graduate, has a job or even a basic hobby like likes to bake or whatever.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2