Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evening service was posted. Jill was in a completely different outfit. Her kids hadn't changed. 

Of course she did. 

• Like 10
9 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Man, reddit needs to chill lol.  They seem to toe the line of touching the poo way too much with the Rods. 

Just posting videos?

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Just posting videos?

The church seems to be sensitive to the number of views. And when Jill is shown, that must go way up from what they normally get. I just saw the screenshots others retrieved. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Just posting videos?

Nah there was someone posting in OKC subreddit asking if anyone had seen Philip.  And in my very own opinion - maybe unpopular, idk/idc - commenting on the church video...  seems intrusive (Is that the word I want?).  We don't need to be out there looking for him and offering him a place to stay etc.  I understand the feelings behind it, and most of their intentions are good I'm sure,  but it also seems intrusive.  

I'm all for Jill-related snark though.  She can't help but give us content. 

• Like 18

I come here thinking for sure Jill has finally been let off of probation and has blessed social media with a photo dump of massive proportions.

But at the same time, she needs SM for her Plexus stuff, and she's been radio silent there as well?  I am astounded.  I guess I didn't think that Dave alone could keep her from her phone, I just assumed he didn't have the fortitude to see it through.  The new pastor could be involved, but again - Plexus is separate from Jill's constant posting of sermons and close-ups of herself screeching along with the hymns.  I struggle to find a scenario where Jill has been banned from also using social media to do her "job," shady as that is...unless, like others have suggested, she's been caught grifting from churches, only to somehow have the funds to take more vacations per year than many people take in a decade.  Maybe she's had to give up Plexus as well?

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Then the church needs to make their stuff password protected for members. 

No accidental soulwinning for Jesus vs no snarkers stalking your sermons. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The church seems to be sensitive to the number of views. And when Jill is shown, that must go way up from what they normally get. I just saw the screenshots others retrieved. 

They could choose to make their videos private, but they have chosen to make them public.

37 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Then the church needs to make their stuff password protected for members. 

Exactly, it’s just that simple 🤷‍♀️

• Like 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

They could choose to make their videos private, but they have chosen to make them public.

Exactly, it’s just that simple 🤷‍♀️

Let's see if that changes. I've forgotten the name of the church (want to say something like People's Baptist?), so I can't check to see if last night's service is still up. Or if they've made any changes. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3

I think a church that is trying to grow (and isn't that always the goal?) shouldn't have to make their service private because of one SM addict in their midst. However, if they want to keep the Rods on their rolls, they probably will need a workaround because Jill has chosen to put her family on the internet and it has resulted in Nosey Parkers clicking on the services and sharing what they see. I guess Jill brings drama wherever she goes!

• Like 12
On 8/25/2024 at 4:05 PM, libgirl2 said:

Agree, she seems over eager. I wonder how long that fervor will last. 

maybe until she is at the barndo and gets this lovely meal or Jill's garden grown radishes cooked in butter. 😂

Screenshot (390).png

Screenshot (523).png

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
6 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

So…boiled radishes, Brussels sprouts and what I THINK are strips of ham.  That’s a LOT of color for a Jill meal. 

Looks appetizing, doesn't it? Sadly, if she put some effort into the food, she could make it appetizing. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

So…boiled radishes, Brussels sprouts and what I THINK are strips of ham.  That’s a LOT of color for a Jill meal. 

I can only imagine how gross their house smelled after that meal…

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I can only imagine how gross their house smelled after that meal…

And the lines to use the bathrooms a few hours later. 🤮

Added the emoticon for fun 😀
  • LOL 11

Jill is back on Instagram with this rambling crap.

"During this break from social media, we received countless messages from SO many loving people. Thank you for all the love and encouragement! You are all precious to us!

This time has been refreshing and soul searching. One thing I have learned is to trust God deeply during moments of uncertainty and hurt.

I am an organizer. I like to make sense of life and organize its events, injustices, trials, chaos and peace in my heart. But, life is messy. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we can't make sense of it.

God calls us to simply trust. Trust in His promises. Trust in His truths. Trust in His grace. Trust in His mercy.

When we take our hands off the "steering wheel of life" and simply put our lives into "auto pilot" (God Pilot), it is then we can firmly lay down our burdens at the cross and let God take them.

Once I place those burdens down, I often find myself staring at the burdens, wanting to pick them back up. Chew on then some more. Figure them out some more. Grieve over them some more. "Self pity" over them some more.

However, God says not to. 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

I think of casting as throwing a pebble in the pond. It is gone! Never to be found again.

God wants us to cast our cares upon Him.

So many times when humans hurt, they process their hurt as God's fault. They turn against God's ways. Their hearts are lined in the poison of bitterness. If you are one of those people, please know that I (and more importantly), God loves you! God's ways are NOT the reason for your pain. Sin is! Don't turn on the VERY One (Jesus Christ) that will bring you the greatest peace of all. He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother!

*Remember, the secret of the Lord.....Psalms 25:14 “The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.”

Regardless of what the world says, God's ways give love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,.....Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

My heart has been refreshed. My faith has been bolstered. My spirit has been renewed. Lamentations 3:22 "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

I am back on social media, with a renewed vision to proclaim God's ways as GOOD! To NOT live in the fear of man! To NOT live in the fear of evil. To NOT live in the fear of people's opinions. Proverbs 29:25 "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

Psalms 40:10 "I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation."

For those of you asking about Phillip, he is doing good. We are BEYOND blessed to say that he is now serving in an EXCELLENT ministry! The Pastor has taken Phillip "under his wings" in discipleship and training, and is a greater blessing to us than we can ever express! Our hearts are greatly rejoicing at God faithfully guiding Phillip in his quest for where God wanted Him to serve. Please keep Phillip and all thirteen of our children (and in-laws and grandbabies) in your prayers. We deeply love all of our children and want to see all of them thrive in each of their personal callings that God calls them unto. We want God to guide each of them.

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

God is Good! I love each of you! If I could sit down with you around our rustic dining room table with a warm cup of coffee, I would. I would love to listen to the burdens of your heart, and assure you that through EVERY trial of life, God is Good and God is trustworthy.

Simply let God, be God! Hugs, Jill"

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 8
(edited)

I hope Phillip is really doing as well as Jill proclaims. I'm nosy and want to know how he found this EXCELLENT ministry. 

eta His LinkedIn locates him in Baltimore, Ohio now. I want to know how he got there. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It’s too soon to know if Phillip is staying in this ministry or not.  Three weeks ago he was living in his car several states away.     Who knows where he will be in a month.  

Jill then invited all of her Facebook followers to send Nurie a friend request.  She’s continuing to overstep  boundaries.  Why should Nurie need to get requests from thousands of people she doesn’t know?  That’s not really a good thing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 19

Holy wow. Jill's IG post sounds like it was written by a nice person. A person taking responsibility for the troubles they got themselves into.

Could Jill actually be listening to someone other than herself?

But... the word rustic in the last paragraph. Good ole self-centered Jilly is still in there. I give her a week before she loses any insight she gained and she's back to boasting and preaching hate.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3

Oh sure lots of people sent messages.   You know part of the reason for the break was so she could claim people missed her and begged her to come back.

But way to make it all about you Jill.   Telling your kids what to do every day is not organizing.   Although apparently feeding her kids is one of the "burdens" she put down and didn't put back up.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
On 8/26/2024 at 3:16 PM, crazy8s said:

maybe until she is at the barndo and gets this lovely meal or Jill's garden grown radishes cooked in butter. 😂

Screenshot (390).png

Screenshot (523).png

As someone who has been raising a garden since I was a child, I can say with certainty that those radishes are not fit for human consumption.  I cannot believe that she fed them to her kids!  (Okay, I take that back.  I forgot some of the atrocities that she’s been known to serve her family.)

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

In spite of Jill's 80s make-up, she's an attractive woman without the filters.

image.png.fc5147325f7ae45782892f8d832b5539.pngimage.png.098dfbe8239b1db7c910d6b5e8967a77.png

With all due respect, I disagree.  She looks like she’s been rode hard and put up wet in the top pic.  She looks like she should be riding a stripper pole in a really low class strip club.

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Life has been difficult for Jill. People have hurt her feelings. She's going to trust in God now to carry her burdens. 

Jill has posted versions of this same message before. Maybe she can follow through this time. She might use her new wisdom to focus on taking care of her children instead of having her face in her phone all the time. 

I hope Phillip is in a good place. It appears he's not in a hurry to return to the barndo.

• Like 18
On 8/26/2024 at 3:16 PM, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (390).png

Screenshot (523).png

I’ll never forget that Lazy Davy told everyone that the melted butter was supposed to be put on the boiled (baked?) potatoes.  I’ve never put butter on potatoes that looked like that.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The picture Jill chose to announce her return:

IMG_7764.jpeg

Her ego has no bounds.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, emma675 said:

So exactly how long was Jill's social media break? 

She announced her exit from the brutal world of social media on August 12th. She announced her return last night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The picture Jill chose to announce her return:

IMG_7764.jpeg

That is not the photo  I see on her Facebook return announcement.  Is this one from her stories?   I tried to copy the Facebook photo and  it’s too large.  The photo I see is her ( with her silly braid headband) and some of the kids in the van.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill then invited all of her Facebook followers to send Nurie a friend request.  She’s continuing to overstep  boundaries.  Why should Nurie need to get requests from thousands of people she doesn’t know?  That’s not really a good thing. 

Probably to harvest contacts for Plexus. Isn't Nurie in Jill's downline?

Edited to add: Here's Jill's "return to Facebook" post photo. Filtered to the max, almost obliterating her nose but sadly not sparing us the mess of the fake hair/braid Sound of Music thingie on her head.

Jillrbraids.thumb.jpg.1f3b817ee5904a289b7a5b3282174751.jpg

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

With all due respect, I disagree.  She looks like she’s been rode hard and put up wet in the top pic.  She looks like she should be riding a stripper pole in a really low class strip club.

I think a lot of that comes down to too much makeup. I've seen her without and she looks quite pretty. 

10 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

Probably to harvest contacts for Plexus. Isn't Nurie in Jill's downline?

Edited to add: Here's Jill's "return to Facebook" post photo. Filtered to the max, almost obliterating her nose but sadly not sparing us the mess of the fake hair/braid Sound of Music thingie on her head.

Jillrbraids.thumb.jpg.1f3b817ee5904a289b7a5b3282174751.jpg

She kind of looks like Darcey Silva (90 Day fiance) in that picture. Way too filtered. 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think a lot of that comes down to too much makeup. I've seen her without and she looks quite pretty. 

I agree. She's blessed with good features and facial bone structure. I suppose it takes a special kind of talent to ruin those looks with too much makeup. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She announced her exit from the brutal world of social media on August 12th. She announced her return last night.

Wow, a whole 15 days off of social media! I'm sure that was definitely enough time to do some deep soul searching, thoughtful analysis, and make some really well informed, long term decisions about the state of her life. Well done, Jill. /s

• LOL 23
(edited)
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

That is not the photo  I see on her Facebook return announcement.

I screenshot it from her Instagram. It’s also on her Facebook. Not sure why you can’t see it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
(edited)

Nothing is going to change in the long run. Jill can't help being Jill. 

I think there's a high possibility of another "people are so mean to me, but God still loves me best" post at some point after Tim's wedding. Jill will hold off as long as she can, but if she can't be the center of attention that day, her resentment will simmer and eventually bubble over. I suppose Samuel's compliant girlfriend might compensate a bit for Heidi's taking control of her own wedding. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • Like 11
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I screenshot it from her Instagram. It’s also on her Facebook. Not sure why you can’t see it.

I’m not friends with her, so she  may have that one set to friends only.  I only see what’s set to public 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m not friends with her, so she  may have that one set to friends only.  I only see what’s set to public 

I have posted above - after this particular discussion started - the photo that was on her public Facebook announcing her return to social media (I'm not a FB friend of her). It's the one with the insanely filtered face and the fake braid/hair. 

• Like 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m not friends with her on Facebook either. Right now it’s at the top of her page as a post/reel type of thing. That’s why the arrow is there to click to the text of her returning. The van picture is at the end of it. Basically she posted it twice.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not friends with her on Facebook either. Right now it’s at the top of her page as a post/reel type of thing. That’s why the arrow is there to click to the text of her returning. The van picture is at the end of it. Basically she posted it twice.

She was so excited to be back on SM, wasn't she? 

• LOL 15

I'm not sure if Phillip being taken under another pastor's "wings" is a good thing or bad.  It's impossible to read into his word-salad from before, but if he was disenchanted with the way he was raised and was starting to see the world differently, Jill and Dave may have just gone out and found a suitable and like-minded baby-sitter for Phillip for the foreseeable future.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 3

It looks like Jill not only filtered off her nostrils, she lightened her eye color and gave herself a tan, too. 

She's a fundie Kartrashian. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

I agree. She's blessed with good features and facial bone structure. I suppose it takes a special kind of talent to ruin those looks with too much makeup. 

Like Dolly Parton said, it does take talent to look that cheap.  Not that Dolly is a narcissist.  She (Dolly) cares about others, unlike Jill, who thinks she's the center of the universe.

• Like 16
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought Dolly said it took a lot of MONEY to look that cheap. Which would explain the lack of food for the Rod Pod. 

I think you're right.  I knew it was something about looking cheap!😀

• Like 4