Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Some thoughts about the bridal shower. 

As others have said, the colors were a choice.   The theme was a choice.  The dress code was a choice.  The food looked great.  The entire family worked together to pull off a coordinated event honoring Heidi.     Heidi looked happy ( except in her photo with Jill).    

No Nurie - totally understandable.  No Kaylee - I wonder why?  Heidi’s grandma was there- where were Tim’s grandmas- he has two of them.   Were Tim’s aunts there?   

Noted: we know Tim and Heidi put their feet down and told Jill she can’t publicize their stuff until after they do - and they haven’t posted about the bridal shower yet.  So she hasn’t.   Ellen posted a ton of photos.  So Ellen  either got Heidi’s blessing to post or she’s not been given the same edict. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

I find it odd that Tim wasn’t at the shower at all. Don’t the grooms at least show up at the end to thank everyone & help transport gifts?

Not always?

• Like 8
5 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

I find it odd that Tim wasn’t at the shower at all. Don’t the grooms at least show up at the end to thank everyone & help transport gifts?

There didn’t appear to be any need for him.  Heidi’s dad was there.  Probably her uncle too. David was there somewhere.   

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

David was there somewhere.   

There was free food, of course David was there.   But actually help out, no he was not there for that.

• Like 9
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

There was free food, of course David was there.   But actually help out, no he was not there for that.

I hope he wasn't wearing those gross gray pants that look like they're never clean.

• LOL 6
On 8/4/2024 at 8:14 AM, libgirl2 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Look at Heidi's little sister compared to Sofia and Janessa. My God Jill, you couldn't have them wear something cute so they wouldn't look so bad and reflect on just what a crappy mother you are. 

On 8/3/2024 at 10:42 PM, ginger90 said:

A few shower pictures. The first one is from Heidi’s sister Hallie, the rest are from Ellen.

IMG_7460.jpeg

can someone label this with names?

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

100% agree Dave was there eating well and dressed like a slob.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7501.jpeg

The photos she posted appear to be from Ellen’s Facebook post.   It’s amazing that she didn’t take her own given that she takes photos even in church services. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The photos she posted appear to be from Ellen’s Facebook post.   It’s amazing that she didn’t take her own given that she takes photos even in church services. 

I'm sure her phone was hidden deep at the bottom of her purse... 🙄

• LOL 21

That explains why the pictures are not photoshopped and filtered.  I wonder if she has permission to post pictures ?

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

She also takes photos at the funeral of tragically killed children she doesn't even know. 

• Angry 9
(edited)

While I applaud Tim and Heidi for setting boundaries with regard to Jill's social media, I am shocked that Jill hasn't "oops!" posted something, at least once, to push back.  Because no one puts Mahmo in a corner.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 18

From the shower pictures i think they might have asked people to put their phones away and enjoy the shower. In Ellen's pics of the group there doesn't seem to be anyone other than ellen with a phone out. Halle was probably the other person taking pics since Ellen is in the pics.

That would be one way to limit jill, apply the no pics thing to everyone with the option to take pics with the bride to be later.

Jill surely would have had the phone out recording the lady doing the bible reading and leading prayer, also every person there and every gift opened.

• Like 17
(edited)

How old is Heidi?  I am only asking because she looks young enough that if she was catholic she should be getting ready for her confirmation or if she was a normal girl, picking out a nice dress for her junior prom.   

Jebus I know these people get married young but this is just sad that all she had to look forward to is sex with Tim and paying Jill for the pleasure.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 7
  • Sad 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

How old is Heidi?

Heidi turned 20 in February, so she’s right in the ballpark for this crowd.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 5
10 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Here’s a comment from Ellen’s shower post, I cringed.

”I am so happy for Heidi and Timothy. They both have waited so long for God to bless their lives with someone special. ❤️

• Mind Blown 16
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

”I am so happy for Heidi and Timothy. They both have waited so long for God to bless their lives with someone special. ❤️

So long? That is ridiculous. She isn't 40 or even 30! 

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Notabug said:

11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

20?   That is basically encroaching on spinster territory for these idiots.    

if you hit 21 and are still an unmarried woman you might be desperate enough to have a beer or worse….. a career.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

20?   That is basically encroaching on spinster territory for these idiots.    

if you hit 21 and are still an unmarried woman you might be desperate enough to have a beer or worse….. a career.

Abbie Duggar (married to JD) was lucky to be able to have some life experience and a career  before she married. I think overall, it makes for a more successful marriage. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Sam’s gal is 24 and is seeing a 19 year old sheltered Rod. It gets worse as you get older apparently. You gotta settle. 

Renee is 21 right? I’m sure she hears daily that she’s an old maid!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 11
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jill know how to use a mixer?

Doubt it, but she wants it bad. If she can’t have it, nobody can have it. Especially a lowly daughter-in-law…

Claws are out. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7511.jpeg

"Like minded"? They don't want to hang out with any ungodly sinners, do they? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

WHAT is with that rat's nest on Jill's head?  I'm not even going to attempt to figure out the "color scheme" for that service.  

And the whole "We are blessed to have so many like minded friends"... yeah nothing says culty like living in an echo chamber. Though I'm sure her idea of diversity is going to a bridal shower where a young black woman was in attendance.  

• Like 20

Is it a current "thing" to wear dresses that drag on the floor?  I would trip.

I am getting worried about Tessie"s posture.  It looks like her head is forward and to the side in a lot of pictures, and I think it is more than just slouching because she is taller.  Her head seems very thrust forward.  She needs to see the orthopedic doctor.  (I know, small chance of that happening)

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill needs to have Janessa’s  legs and feet checked.  She’s standing on the sides of her feet. 

If it's a one off, she could be bored.  Little kids sometimes do things like that.  If it's a regular occurence that's a different matter.  

• Like 10
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

WHAT is with that rat's nest on Jill's head?  I'm not even going to attempt to figure out the "color scheme" for that service.  

And the whole "We are blessed to have so many like minded friends"... yeah nothing says culty like living in an echo chamber. Though I'm sure her idea of diversity is going to a bridal shower where a young black woman was in attendance.  

Well, the Haywood family is black! 

• LOL 4
55 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I've seen Jill wear some unusual combinations, but that one is really out there. 

Isn’t that the truth?!  It’s almost like she wanted to look worse than usual! 😒

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill needs to have Janessa’s  legs and feet checked.  She’s standing on the sides of her feet. 

I’m not seeing Janessa in the pictures.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not seeing Janessa in the pictures.

Isn’t that Janessa next to Jill and in front of Tessie in the ‘like -minded fellowship’ photos? 

1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

That “like-minded friends” phrase infuriates me.  It is no different than racial discrimination and segregation. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

WHAT is with that rat's nest on Jill's head?

I think she fried it so badly over the years plus menopause changes means this is about all she can do with it these days.   

Staying with her own sister and all she can say is "they have 10 children."   Jill's lack of insight into anything about anyone else is just astounding.   I know narcissist but she doesn't even attempt to pretend.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I think she fried it so badly over the years plus menopause changes means this is about all she can do with it these days.   

Staying with her own sister and all she can say is "they have 10 children."   Jill's lack of insight into anything about anyone else is just astounding.   I know narcissist but she doesn't even attempt to pretend.  

My hair hasn't changed much but I take care of my hair. I upped the shampoo/conditioner brand to something better when I noticed my hair was dry. Made a huge difference. 

• Like 8