Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

As far as I understand it, tent revivals and camp meetings are pretty much the same. Both are big outdoor religious gatherings with preaching. They're a special event. 

A religious meeting is the same as a church service. (the Quakers and the Puritans both used the term around the Salem Witch Trials, for example and Quakers still do). 

In Jill's case, although she aspires to Puritanism, I think she's using the vague term on purpose to build this new "dogly business moguls" image. 

But in her case, she's going for sexy Puritan.🤣

• LOL 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, satrunrose said:

, I think she's using the vague term on purpose to build this new "dogly business moguls" image.

, I think she's using the vague term on purpose to build this new "dogly business moguls" image.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.   I don't think Jill has ever used the term "meeting" to refer to regular church services.    I'm too lazy to go back and look but in the unbelievable post about her phone being in her purse I think she referred to it as church service.    

After the Plexus convention I think she realized "meetings" sounds better than "we were driving around looking for churches to give us money."  She knows the waif tour is ending so wants to sound like she and Dave have this plan to grow their "business."

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 10
15 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Tim and Heidi's bridal shower??

That’s what I assume. It’s her way of giving it away without using names, imo.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That’s what I assume. It’s her way of giving it away without using names, imo.

Maybe it's also kind of a passive aggressive message to Heidi also that she should follow Jill's example and respect her husband Tim ( which really means doing whatever Jill wants done). Of course we all know Jill, not David rules the roost , but Jill's mantra is " Do as I say, not as I do." She wants the control of Tim and Heidi back firmly in her grasp. And she will manipulate everyone in any way possible to assert that control.

• Like 10

Make hIm your best friend makes it sounds sinister. Only treats for the parents obviously! And why is Jill going to the Heidi event? Jill doesn’t bring gifts and gas is expensive! They should stay home!

• Like 9
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

And why is Jill going to the Heidi event? Jill doesn’t bring gifts and gas is expensive! They should stay home!

Jill wants to look over Heidi and Tim's gifts and decide what she'll "borrow" later--and keep for herself. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill wants to look over Heidi and Tim's gifts and decide what she'll "borrow" later--and keep for herself. 

Teidi registered for a kitchen aide mixer 😂😂😂

Jill probably wants that and their new bedding!

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Tim and Heidi's bridal shower??

Has to be.

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Make hIm your best friend makes it sounds sinister. Only treats for the parents obviously! And why is Jill going to the Heidi event? Jill doesn’t bring gifts and gas is expensive! They should stay home!

Jill would never miss an event!

• Like 5

I just hope Jill doesn't try to take over, or make comments to Heidi's sisters on appropriate dress.  I would love to see pictures of this event.  I'm sure it will be much nicer than anything Jill could imagine.  The question is how big of an embarrassment Jill will be.

• Like 20

Granted I haven't been to a ton of bridal showers, but is it normal to have a color scheme for your guests to wear? And brown (+beige/ yellow) is certainly a choice...

9 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Shouldn't all the girls be going to the shower?

It looks like all the at-home Rod-girls are there, no? No Kaylee, though.

• Like 11

I thought everyone looked very nice (and healthy) except the Rod girls.  Jill couldn't come up with a skirt and top that went together?  It looked like a very nice shower--much better than if Jill had organized it. 

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A few shower pictures. The first one is from Heidi’s sister Hallie, the rest are from Ellen.

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

Thank you for posting these.

• Like 16
4 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

A beige themed bridal shower… 😮  

I guess Heidi will follow the beige mom trend.

The theme was coffee. They dressed up like lattes, except for the bride and Jill. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 10
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The theme was coffee. They dressed up like lattes, except for the bride and Jill. 

Well, Jill does have on a beige top with a skirt with a white background.  Maybe that was her "attempt" to fit in.  The younger Rods are lucky to have clothing.

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Well, Jill does have on a beige top with a skirt with a white background.  Maybe that was her "attempt" to fit in.  The younger Rods are lucky to have clothing.

Right. For some reason, I thought she wore pink. But no, she too looks like a latte. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Yikes, everything thing has to have a theme these days, even if it has a built in theme, like, you know - wedding.

That one picture of the two families looks much more like a fall harvest barn raising than a coffee theme.

I love the fact the Rods are sitting in the cheap seats.

In a little over a month Jill will have tiny but mighty Heidi in her Ohioan clutches. LD of the L best be ready to step in.

• Like 10

As someone else put it, brown is...a choice. The latte theme is also...a choice. But I will say something nice. Heidi and her family all look lovely and are appropriately dressed. Whoever planned it took a lot of care to make it look nice and to make Heidi the star of the show (as she should be). The Rods look like ragamuffins. 

Even if Heidi moves back to Ohio with Tim, I hope her family is a bigger influence. I hope they decorate their marital home. If Tim can ever get the courage, maybe they'll move to be closer to hers someday. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

As someone else put it, brown is...a choice. The latte theme is also...a choice. But I will say something nice. Heidi and her family all look lovely and are appropriately dressed. Whoever planned it took a lot of care to make it look nice and to make Heidi the star of the show (as she should be). The Rods look like ragamuffins. 

Even if Heidi moves back to Ohio with Tim, I hope her family is a bigger influence. I hope they decorate their marital home. If Tim can ever get the courage, maybe they'll move to be closer to hers someday. 

I was thinking the same thing. Look at Heidi's little sister compared to Sofia and Janessa. My God Jill, you couldn't have them wear something cute so they wouldn't look so bad and reflect on just what a crappy mother you are. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1

Heidi’s sisters are all dressed way too sluttish for Mahmo’s tastes. Even the little one, who looks very appropriate and cute as a button!  And regardless of the venue or occasion, performative mahdesty is mandatory.  Oh, and don’t forget they still need to put in the waif front.  Never know when you may pick up a new mark supporter!

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I'm... actually going to defend the Rods here (runs to window to check for flying pigs). I'm not a fan of making people wear a certain colour for an event like a shower. You're already being asked to spend for a gift (with an even more expensive wedding gift coming) plus whatever travel costs are involved. It's not fair to expect people to get a new outfit too. Looking at the pictures, it seems like the Rods weren't the only ones to have a "what on earth do we wear for a latte themed party" outfit. I think that's why It looks more like a fall harvest fest. I don't necessarily think it's wrong to not want to run out and buy 6(?) new coffee/brown/beige dresses for a wedding shower (even second hand, that's not super cheap). Now, the Rods could have just picked out something nice and ignored the theme, but people can read things into that in cultures that run passive-aggressive (and also, I don't think the littles have anything that doesn't make them look like ragamuffins - ahh, that feels better). I will say that Sophia's dress is spectacularly awful, though. Janessa's is fairly cute. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 3

Whoever gave that cross with Rodrigues spelled incorrectly just made Jill's poopy list, lol. That really is a bad mistake. My sister received a sign for her kitchen from her MIL of many years, with a completely different spelling of her name. That sign went to Goodwill. This one would have to go in the garbage and I bet throwing a cross in the garbage isn't easy for...well, anyone. I can't even throw a Bible away, even if it's falling apart! And I'm not into organized religion anymore.

• Like 10

Look at the "grin" on Heidi's face when Jill mashed her face against Heidi's for the picture.   Heidi is so "I am doing this because I have to, not because I want to."   I foresee many battles between Jill and Heidi when Jill comes around expecting performance on command and Tim still supposed to pay for everything for Mahmo.   My money's on Heidi.   Jill like most bullies can't handle a real fight and so just moves on to another target.

• Like 24
(edited)

Maybe I'm just old, but if I were ask to dress like a coffee drink to attend a party, I'd probably ignore the dress request or just send a gift. Beige and brown look horrible on me, so I own nothing except an old pair of pajamas in those colors. 

Jill's hair is a frizzy, over-bleached mess. It's hard to believe she still considers herself a hairdresser. 

Who is the girl in the yellow lace dress standing in front of Jill in the group photo? Is that a Rodlet or a niece? Pa Noyes's genes run strong in that family, so it's sometimes hard to tell. 

It would probably be pretty easy to change the "z" to an "s" on that cross, assuming one really wanted to display that item in their home. 

Hallie's coffee cup candles are adorable. 

Edited by BradandJanet
added a thought
  • Like 11

The balloon arch/bouquet has a few colors in it beside brown and tan. There's green, peach and even blush. We've seen the Rods in those colors and I think married NotNurie's wedding colors fell somewhere in the color scheme.

And after all, the Rods have been dressing in color themes their whole lives - they should actually match the best.

Jill is going to do little passive-aggressive things to Heidi from this point forward. Things like almost following the shower theme. Or if Heidi requests, say an air fryer for a gift, Jill will get her a crockpot. A crockpot that does not match their kitchen. If the parents of the bride and groom are supposed to wear fall colors, Jill will wear candied apple red.

Jill is a pro.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Heidi did get a giant crock pot as a gift!

Hope it doesn't mysteriously disappear while they're on their honeymoon. When they come home to a newly redecorated by Jill house and a few missing shower gifts!

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Jill’s outfit looks barely used. And at least it looked a bit loose. Jill needs to realize she gained weight and dress for her new figure. Looking like a silver stuffed sausage is not a good look.

Heidi looked lovely, I like her dress.

• Like 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe I'm just old, but if I were ask to dress like a coffee drink to attend a party, I'd probably ignore the dress request or just send a gift. Beige and brown look horrible on me, so I own nothing except an old pair of pajamas in those colors. 

Jill's hair is a frizzy, over-bleached mess. It's hard to believe she still considers herself a hairdresser. 

Who is the girl in the yellow lace dress standing in front of Jill in the group photo? Is that a Rodlet or a niece? Pa Noyes's genes run strong in that family, so it's sometimes hard to tell. 

It would probably be pretty easy to change the "z" to an "s" on that cross, assuming one really wanted to display that item in their home. 

Hallie's coffee cup candles are adorable. 

Eh, couldn’t you just wear black also? Black coffee for the win! Black certainly seems more appropriate for coffee than yellow. Yellow coffee? 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Her dress looks she’s stepped off the set of the Thriller video

Sorry quote didn’t work. It was about Sofias dress being awful

Edited by Vantraveller
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I read lattes as latkes and got hungry!

My husband loves latkes.  They are good!

Here's hoping Heidi will not allow Jill free access in her home.  When she wants Rods around, she'll invite them.  Please Tim, back your wife, and set clear boundaries for your mooching relatives, most of all, your leeching mommy and daddy.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

My husband loves latkes.  They are good!

I make great latkes!  But I only like to make them in someone else's house.  Usually in son and daughter in law's.  Then they clean up while I wash the grease smell out of my hair!!!! But honestly, what could be bad fried in oil?

• Like 9

The latte theme is a little silly, but at least somebody put some thought and effort into making it a nice event for Heidi. Jill would have recycled some decorations from her last ladies' retreat and dumped an expired bag of potato chips into a bowl.

• Like 15
  • LOL 6
45 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

The latte theOrme is a little silly, but at least somebody put some thought and effort into making it a nice event for Heidi. Jill would have recycled some decorations from her last ladies' retreat and dumped an expired bag of potato chips into a bowl.

Or taken over someone else's celebration (ala Nurie's wedding reception)

• Like 7
  • Sad 3