Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

She's taking pics to show off playing with her littlest one and her grandbaby and the kids are barely in the pic because Jill has to center herself, literally.

As for the "meal" if its their old church the Pastor knows their grifting ways and knew better than to spring for a whole meal.    Plus Jill barely feeds her kids so frosties with some water count as whole meals to her.

• Like 11
19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

She's taking pics to show off playing with her littlest one and her grandbaby and the kids are barely in the pic because Jill has to center herself, literally.

In the original pictures you could see the kids fine. They must have been cropped to post here.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, precious pupp said:

Geez that face is terrifying.  Someone on Reddit said Jill looked like a raccoon prostitute.  Rather apt. 😝

IKR? jump scare!!

• LOL 4
On 7/12/2024 at 8:19 PM, satrunrose said:

Is it just me, or is the gene-pool of the next generation of fundies getting a little shallow?

It's a wading pool after a week in the sun

• LOL 21

Not only is there nothing personal about Sofia but Jill still makes it about herself.   I mean worse that usual "the personalisty most like mine."    Uh I don't think the kid is a raging narcissist.  Before that its all about what the parents do for the kid's birthday and then talks about the large family.    

Jill is getting worse about her kids, if that's possible.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
(edited)

I don’t get it.  The birthday photos  are no different  than the photos she takes every other day of the year. They aren’t done by a professional photographer  Is she trying to say that she doesn’t take photos of the birthday person on their 8th or 10th birthday??

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

The cake is photographed to make it look deceptively larger, but the slices of strawberry bring it down to scale. It’s barely bigger than a cupcake. I hope Sofia got a few crumbs after David was through “dipping up”.

• Sad 7
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie did not look at all pregnant in the cake video.

Screenshot from the video:

IMG_7269.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

The cake is photographed to make it look deceptively larger, but the slices of strawberry bring it down to scale. It’s barely bigger than a cupcake. I hope Sofia got a few crumbs after David was through “dipping up”.

IMG_7270.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie did not look at all pregnant in the cake video.

Nurie is not pregnant in that picture.  Why?  What’s going on here??

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I noticed. She was carrying small but not that small. 

• Like 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Nurie doesn't even look like she's recently postpartum.  Jill isn't that talented at Photoshopping.  Maybe it's another one of the girls looking a lot like Nurie for some reason?

Poor Sofia.  There's enough cake for her to get a piece the size of a postage stamp.

And Jill's blather about age 9 being halfway to adulthood and always taking special photos of the birthday kid is completely fictional, but, that's Jill.  She just makes stuff up as she goes.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 11
  • Angry 1
3 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Nurie doesn't even look like she's recently postpartum.  Jill isn't that talented at Photoshopping.  Maybe it's another one of the girls looking a lot like Nurie for some reason?

Poor Sofia.  There's enough cake for her to get a piece the size of a postage stamp.

And Jill's blather about age 9 being halfway to adulthood and always taking special photos of the birthday kid is completely fictional, but, that's Jill.  She just makes stuff up as she goes.

In my house that cake would be gone with just the three of us. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

They'll have to do wedding cake slicing for everyone to get a taste.  1x1 inch pieces.  Why has Jill never learned anything along the way in life such as how much cake it takes for x number of people?  My daughter's MIL always cuts tiny pieces of cake (because that's all she allows herself) and then moans how much extra cake there is because the cake buyers consider the number of people.  Some of us have taken the knife out of her hands the last few years even though she insists she's the best cake cutter.  I've been known to take the first piece and say OK that one is yours now make regular slices for everyone else.  Jill also doesn't learn, but it's kind of the reverse.  I bet Dave gets a normal size piece and then she's baffled that she always runs out.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

I cropped the first picture. If you can’t stand when  a child is shown chomping on gum, don’t watch the video. 

I noticed another Rodlet chomping on gum too. I wonder if JillyBean gives them gum to suppress their appetite. And that cake is cute but serves about 4 people or just Dave.

• Sad 9
(edited)

Well that explains why Sofia is the It child. Jill sees in her all the things she doesn't like about herself. But Jill being the narcissist that she is, she doesn't recognize why she rejects the child "most like her".

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I saw a close up of Sofia and she has on mascara. 

While I don't agree with mascara on a 9 year old, Sofia does look cute here. 

image.png.0cc4f96e45b67de1b096318c189cc8f9.png

• Like 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes she does. I know little girls like to play with make up and there is nothing wrong with letting them put on some gloss, but this is Jill here. We see what she does with make up. Thank God her eyebrows have not yet been mangled. 

I'm sure she felt extra special, poor thing. But she isn't ready to be Jillified. We see what happens. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7

I may be mistaken, but didn't Jill say that Sadie was the most like her?  Or did Sadie say she looked most like Jill in their reciting of "Fun Fact(s) About Me" gig?

Sadie will be lucky to get a single strawberry off that cake.  I bet David ate half or more of it, himself.

• Sad 6
5 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

I may be mistaken, but didn't Jill say that Sadie was the most like her?  Or did Sadie say she looked most like Jill in their reciting of "Fun Fact(s) About Me" gig?

Sadie will be lucky to get a single strawberry off that cake.  I bet David ate half or more of it, himself.

She says Sadie LOOKS the most like her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

According to Reddit, Nurie has had the baby, which is why she doesn’t look pregnant in the birthday pic.  She actually looks like she wasn’t ever pregnant.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

According to Reddit, Nurie has had the baby, which is why she doesn’t look pregnant in the birthday pic.  She actually looks like she wasn’t ever pregnant.

I want a name! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

smh, Jill.  You can't say that particular child of yours has a personality most like your own when you don't even ALLOW ANY OF THEM to develop any kind of individual personality.  

Go feed your kids, Jill.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They're just speculating, like us. 

Yes, they are. There is nothing definite. I mean she probably has, she looks like it, but nothing is certain. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I can't believe Nurie had the baby GIRL and Jill  has not posted pictures of "The Best Grandma Ever" while nearly smothering her in a baby sling. I would also expect pictures of Nurie up and cooking dinner for the hoard.  Radio silence about the baby is not like Jill.  Even if it was bad news, I would expect a typical Jill post.  Unless Nathan put his foot down and is not letting Jill post anything, in which case good for him.  Or the baby is not cute enough (or there is a problem). Or the baby has not arrived yet.  I guess we will find out.  But I, also, what to know what name they will name her.  

Edited by CalicoKitty
wrong son-in-law
  • Like 5
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I can't believe Nurie had the baby GIRL and Jill  has not posted pictures of "The Best Grandma Ever" while nearly smothering her in a baby sling. I would also expect pictures of Nurie up and cooking dinner for the hoard.  Radio silence about the baby is not like Jill.  Even if it was bad news, I would expect a typical Jill post.  Unless Jonathan put his foot down and is not letting Jill post anything, in which case good for him.  Or the baby is not cute enough (or there is a problem). Or the baby has not arrived yet.  I guess we will find out.  But I, also, what to know what name they will name her.  

Wouldn't it be Nathan putting his foot down?  In any event, radio silence from Jill makes me think Naomi (or whatever) isn't here yet.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Wouldn't it be Nathan putting his foot down?  In any event, radio silence from Jill makes me think Naomi (or whatever) isn't here yet.

You are correct, I will correct my post.  Nathan, not Jonathan.  Thank you.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She does look cute, although they could’ve used a better dress. The dingy t-shirt under a nice party dress looks awful. Surely the thrift shop had a dress w/sleeves that could’ve worked? 

• Like 7

Regarding the cake, Jill gets whatever is cheapest and everyone has to make do with whatever crumbs are left after Dave dips up.  Speaking of which, I can't imagine a father looking at his malnourished kids and then proceeding to stuff his face regularly.  Dave and Jill deserve each other.  The kids deserve better.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Jill’s new Facebook posts lists the order her Plexus team finished in June.  Neither Kaylee or Renee were listed.   So it was all to get her to Vegas.  I guess Renee couldn't be her plus 1 because she’s not married.  

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Probably the most attention the poor child has gotten from her mother in.....forever

As for Nurie not looking pregnant,  I was scrolling Instagram the other day and saw a picture of a lady who didn't look pregnant at all from the front,  but when she turned to the side, then you could really tell. Might be the case with Nurie, because Jill would be massively oversharing about her first granddaughter right now, otherwise. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill’s new Facebook posts lists the order her Plexus team finished in June.  Neither Kaylee or Renee were listed.   So it was all to get her to Vegas.  I guess Renee couldn't be her plus 1 because she’s not married.  

It was to get her to Punta Cana. Vegas was the annual convention that anyone can attend. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Regarding the cake, Jill gets whatever is cheapest and everyone has to make do with whatever crumbs are left after Dave dips up.  Speaking of which, I can't imagine a father looking at his malnourished kids and then proceeding to stuff his face regularly.  Dave and Jill deserve each other.  The kids deserve better.

The cake video was interesting because it seemed a lame effort for Sofia's halfway to adulthood cake. jill taking video, Nurie, Tessie, Kaylee shown singing, n boys in high chairs, Gideon on the floor. Random rod girl enters after the singing starts and grabs another phone to start taking video.

No guys were singing and david and gabriel have not been shown. Did jill and a few girls travel on from WV with jonathan and kaylee and the rest went back to the barndo?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 4