Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Funny how Jill was happily keeping Samuel in home school, at age 19, until the trip to florida and meeting the girl Nurie and Mama intended for courtship for Samuel. All of a sudden Samuel is done with school work and gets a job direct from god.

Jill couldn't let him graduate then and be done because she had paid the fee for the grad event, bought a gown and set up a grift stop.

So was god providing the job or mama found the perfect submissive girl and asked a sweet church friend to give him a job? Mama and God are so easily confused in Jill's telling of things.

I do hope she let's gabriel out of thehome school next year. He will also be a 19yr old grad. Surely she wouldn't keep him in until he's fully 20 right??? That would also mean pushing Tessie and Hannah both back a year.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5

Saved "his" money but also "thank you to those who gave in honor of his graduation."    Jill grifted that car too.  Because you know darn well he turns over his paycheck to Mahmo.

Fussed over it to get it up to his standards.   This must have been the car in the video that David was "helping" fix while supposedly "working day and night."  Which based on the video had some basic issues with it.   So Sammer's standards are "running with non-bald tires."

• Like 9
  • Sad 5

My guess grandma Julie and David’s sisters heavily contributed toward the car. They know what a lazy useless hunk David is as a provider.

Who wrote Sam’s resume? Had to have been someone literate so not his parents. Or someone hired him outta pity? Had to be someone from their home church.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Can you have an electric plug that you use placed that close directly over the sink?  Obviously they did not pull permits or have any kind of an inspection.  That looks so dangerous.  Water must splash up there often.

My electrical outlets in the bathroom are above the medicine cabinet. 

My guess would be a no in Jill’s case. But Dave did the work soooo… you know it’s unsafe! How no one got electrocuted is a miracle.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Can you have an electric plug that you use placed that close directly over the sink?  Obviously they did not pull permits or have any kind of an inspection.  That looks so dangerous.  Water must splash up there often.

It depends on what kind of outlet it is. I can’t tell from the picture.

• Useful 3

I swear, it's the "look how ordinary we are!" Rod posts that make me so confused.

1- Why clean a bathroom in a full face of makeup and a baseball bonnet? Either on their own seems slightly odd, but both together are puzzling.

2- Why take a picture of yourself after cleaning the bathroom at all? Is Jill trying to show that she does work and therefore gets sweaty (although there's no evidence of that in the picture)? Is she trying to convince herself that she isn't subject to the other thing that makes 40-some women hot and sweaty?

3- What is up with that teetery pile of baskets? Isn't it a pain to dig through them to get to your stuff? Wouldn't they be falling over every time you brush your teeth?

• Like 16
16 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Is Jill trying to show that she does work and therefore gets sweaty (although there's no evidence of that in the picture)?

She's been reading here again (Hi Jill, feed your kids).   There have been a lot of posts about how she doesn't do anything but go on vacation and that David is lazy.   All of sudden there's a post about how hard David works and then one of her after "cleaning" the bathroom.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Jill needs to get off SM or only post to her actual friends/family. Problem solved.

But I think Jill loves the attention even negative one from the snarkers. It feeds her massive ego/persecution personality. We all “hate” on the pretty, perfect Christian Jillybean. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have a feeling the entire barndo is an electrical fire waiting to happen. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How long until Sam gets his first speeding ticket? It's a rite of passage for Rod males. 

It’s a rite of passage for lots of young adults, so I won’t fault him for that.  Unless he repeatedly makes the same mistake 

6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And how long until he's broken down on the road somewhere and Jill starts grifting him another car?

This could happen because I don’t believe David is as knowledgeable about cars as Jill claims. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How many of you post a picture of yourself after cleaning the bathroom? With a ripped baseball bonnet and a face full of makeup?

9AF10F20-EC2E-4D47-995F-EF83C4E5DF23.jpeg

That picture of Jill in her baseball bonnet, after allegedly cleaning the bathroom (hah!) and looking so smug - I swear there's no image in the world that woman loves more than an image of herself! She's so vain!

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How many of you post a picture of yourself after cleaning the bathroom? With a ripped baseball bonnet and a face full of makeup?

9AF10F20-EC2E-4D47-995F-EF83C4E5DF23.jpeg

Obviously the girls cleaned it and Jill took the credit. And so much stuff as usual!

Jill is a hoarder.

Obviously, the point of this post (besides to prove that she does work) is for all of us to say, " Just look how beautiful Jill looks even after doing all that work! I could never be as beautiful as her!" That’s what she honestly wants people to think and say in the comments. And she will actually get some of those comments. She's fishing for compliments. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Obviously, the point of this post (besides to prove that she does work) is for all of us to say, " Just look how beautiful Jill looks even after doing all that work! I could never be as beautiful as her!" That’s what she honestly wants people to think and say in the comments. And she will actually get some of those comments. She's fishing for compliments. 

She needs to fish for a job and makeup removal wipes!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

8 years ago she sat on the toilet and still making $875- plexus supplies. Gee Jill get a job at Walmart or cut hair and do bridal “lot lizard special look” at home.

She has multiple streams of income all from grifting. 

SMH at her thinking she is GOOD people deserving hard earned $ from others! Apparently whatever she grifts isn’t enough for MS GOOD severely GREEDY Jill. 

She and David disgust me.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

It makes me sad to see how much some of these women work for the PITTANCE that they get out of their MLM.  I was on a flight to LA last year and half the flight seemed to be Monat "girlies" headed to their convention.  The disconnect from what we see on MLM socials and what I saw on that flight was interesting to me.  None of these women talked to one another (but aren't they all COMMUNITY! FAMILY! ?), many of them wore hair extensions (...but doesn't their miracle shampoo eliminate their need for that?), and for being such #BOSSBABES, they were taking the most discounted flight available.  I thought their #BOSSBABE life #blessed them with so much money that they all flew first class or chartered flights.  

I would love to see a P&L sheet from Jill.  I can't imagine she isnt in the red every month, really.  With personal volume required to keep rank and the $$ she spends for convention and other trips, she can't possibly be coming out ahead. 

• Like 14
9 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Fishing for compliments about her decorating skills, as well.  She loves to show off her house, which is probably nicer than the homes of some of the folks who contribute a “love offering” to the Rod family.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Lots of interesting stories tonight, including a tour of Jill's closet. She has TONS of clothes. 

And have they left Joy Baptist for a bigger church? Sure looks like it. 

Compress_20240629_214025_5432.jpg

That’s a different church than the one she’s shown many other times.

• Like 10

Jill joining what appears to be a well organized church that provides more than just a place to worship. Don't the Rods prefer tiny churches that they can run roughshod over?

New Plexus targets? New grifting targets? A bigger sea of potential mates for the kidults?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 14
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Lots of interesting stories tonight, including a tour of Jill's closet. She has TONS of clothes. 

And have they left Joy Baptist for a bigger church? Sure looks like it. 

Compress_20240629_214025_5432.jpg

I doubt she "serves" in any of these ministries, other than screeching occasionally in their choir.

• Like 13

Reddit folks have already found it seems to be People's Baptist church in Mansfield.

My bet is that is where the owner of the glass company attends church and that's how "god" sent Samuel a job.

Folks at Joy Baptist breathe a huge sigh of relief....

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 18

Maybe Jill would like to organize the Plexus ministry and put herself in charge as the health and wellness expert. I can't see her spending time ministering in jails or visiting the elderly or infirm. Jill expects people to serve her, not vice versa. 

I wonder what happened at Joy Baptist. Did Jill and David leave for greener pastures, or did they wear out their welcome, as they've done at their previous churches? 

• Like 15

Ah, I see, so god didn't so much lead Kaylee and spouse to a new church as Mahmo told them they were going to a new church. Good grief, one of those two needs to find a spine. 

5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder what happened at Joy Baptist. Did Jill and David leave for greener pastures, or did they wear out their welcome, as they've done at their previous churches? 

It could be either, really. Jill bleeds their marks dry and then they are never mentioned again. If they wore out their welcome, though, we'll be sure to hear passive aggressive rants about churches who aren't sufficiently following the Theology of the Church of Jill and Dave. 

• Like 14

They sure do seem to hop churches a lot. And yet Jill never seems to think it's because they wore out their welcome with the grifting, or David disagreeing with the pastors, or Jill causing disruptions during the services with her constant filming or caterwauling. Nope, it's always God leading them to a new, better church that fits their/Jill's needs.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Ah, I see, so god didn't so much lead Kaylee and spouse to a new church as Mahmo told them they were going to a new church. Good grief, one of those two needs to find a spine. 

Poor Kaylee thinks she's become a star in Best Mama's eyes. After being ignored most of her life, she's finally getting attention because of Plexus.

However, the minute they get to Florida and Jill sees Princess Nurie and her first granddaughter, she won't even remember Kaylee's name. Jonathan, however, along with Nathan will be spending furiously to provide Jill with sightseeing, shopping, and fine dining. 

If Nurie needs to be in a wheelchair for the outings after she gives birth, Jill will have to have a flare up of her badly torn knee so she can have a wheelchair too. Kaylee is staff, Nurie is royalty, but nobody outshines the queen. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't see her spending time ministering in jails or visiting the elderly or infirm.

Remember when she pitched a fit at having to give a ride to an elderly person to the hospital?    Jill isn't serving in any ministry that doesn't benefit her personally right here on earth.    

Gotta be they wore out their welcome at Joy Baptist (and no, Jill will never notice the common denominator is HER), plus realizing with the kids aging out of the grift tour, she needs a new grift.   More marks for plexus in a larger church.

• Like 12
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How long until Sam gets his first speeding ticket? It's a rite of passage for Rod males. 

I’m sure Jill and David are making him pay for his own insurance, which will already be sky high for a new 19-year old male driver. Someone should warn him about what happens when he starts getting tickets.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 8

I live in the same part of Ohio as the Rods. This area is full of Baptist and KJV-proclaiming churches.  Why are they choosing to drive all the way to Mansfield to attend church?  There must be something or someONE there who has become the Rods latest mark. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 9

This is purely speculation, but

1- The kids are mostly too old for Dickensian Waifs for Jesus (fix our RV! Buy us stuff!) to work as it used to. 

2- Jill's Better Living through Plexus campaign does not mesh well with the above. If she can afford trips to SIN city and $100 mother of the grad dresses, a teeny church doesn't need to be passing the hat to fill the RV. 

3- Jill's Plexus campaigning makes it reeeeeeaaaaallllly hard to insist that women shouldn't work (although that doesn't stop our Jilly). A bigger church is more likely to have a range of views on the way that Jill is the driving force in her family (tributes to the hard-working hunk not-withstanding). 

Basically, I think that Jill probably realized that the days of getting a church to adopt the family so that the church can feel good about being charitable towards the right kind of people (ugh) and Jill has a literal pulpit for her sons (who, it's kind of clear by now aren't going to make Mahmo proud by being preachers. Preacher Nathan Keller will just have to do) are over. Her best bet now is to settle in someplace bigger where there are women to buy her Plexus (sweet, sweet ruby, here she comes) and attend the infamous retreat, men to hire her un-educated sons, and acceptably godly (and gullible) young men to marry her girlies without moving them somewhere out of BME's clutches. 

• Like 15

Jill and David don't want to lose the mission clearinghouse money they receive monthly, so David will continue to run off smiley tracts when he has to. It's only a few times a year. However, they may still have to do their "musical" and speaking tours to find churches to order the tracts. I'm not sure how it works. Jill does love being on stage performing and fashioning herself as part of a ministry, so there's that. 

Jill is never going to make enough money in Plexus to quit the domestic missionary gig. The only possibility is she finds enough employed, gullible young men like Jonathan to marry their daughters so she and Dave can mooch off of them. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 10

Wow, a lot going on with Jilly lately.

• That Sound of Music thing was expensive.  Someone said $62 per person.  Jill and Dave should be ashamed of themselves for mooching off their kid and her husband who must still have some serious debt from Gideon's stay in the NICU.  And you know they had to have dinner as well.
  • Jill would find her bathroom easier to clean if she threw away a significant amount of that crap cluttering the place up.  Of course, I don't believe for a minute that Jill lifted a finger to clean anything.  Poor Rene probably did it.
  • For those not familiar, the bus ministry Kaylee referred to is something a lot of conservative Baptist churches do.  The get an old school bus and go around to various low income housing areas and offer to take kids to church.  Sometimes the kids are integrated as part of everything, but in other churches they are treated like second class citizens.  It's often tinged with racism and classism rather than the Christian charity that Jill claims.
  • I suspect that Jill bled Joy Baptist dry and moved on.  Notice we don't hear anything about the Dingus family that gave Jill half a cow and provided food for Nurie's wedding reception (the one after the wedding, not the anniversary party for the Keller parents that Jill invited herself and her brood to).  And I notice that Jill mentions all the ministries this new church has, but not that she will be participating in any of them.  She won't.  I'm still angry over the fit she threw at having to help an older lady with a ride to a medical procedure.
  • Like 24