Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Yep, poor and Kaylee had to get a Facebook page because Jill has already tapped out the local sucker supply.  I hope Nathan continues to put his foot down on social media.  He can wail to God about Jill being a pain in the butt nagging him constantly.

I see shades of Kim Plath with all this trying to fill out her downline.  I wonder if there is a credit card in some of her kids names she is charging stuff to.  I wouldn't be surprised if Heidi shut down any credit card Jill may have been using in Tim's name if Jill was doing that.  While Heidi is no Olivia Plath in terms of being progressive, she does seem to be better at holding her own than pathetic Jonathan.

• Like 17
On 12/2/2023 at 9:20 AM, BradandJanet said:

This one time I can't blame him. Hauling all that stuff down from the upstairs attic or wherever it sits all year and then having to run around while Jill, camera in hand, points and squeals about where every little piece of it should go would make me look for any possible escape. 

Also, isn't this attention to commercial glam and glitter a bit unseemly for the most devout Christian woman who's ever lived? 

Since Jill has had such a grueling fall, I suppose she won't be able to host her fabulous Christmas parties this year. I think there were two last year--one for the Amish neighbors and the other for her church friends. I'm sure everyone will be sad to miss the bowl of white melting chocolates and the basket of potato chips this year. 

My dad always hauled the stuff out and let my mom put up everything while he watched TV. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

From the pics of Jonathan and Kaylee's house with the tree, it makes more sense why the giant hutch ended up in the kitchen.

From the house listing it stated there was a wood burning stove in the garage/shed that it could be reinstalled if wanted.

So they moved the dining table closer to the wall where the hutch used to be and the wood burner is between the table and whatever they have in that front little nook area. Used to be a few shelves and a small chair by the window.

Now I want to see a full pic of the dining table to see it there are 2x4s or shims under the table legs on one side to level it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 7
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill, you might be less exhausted TO THE BONE if you weren't constantly posting shit at 4 am. Dial back on the Plexus. It's like crack. 

She is tired because she is trying to get pregnant. She must beg Dave for lotion time since he is always sweetly grunting or watching the map.

And she is on vacation 3 weeks out of each month. Where do they get $500 to gas up the RV each time?

• Like 12

Kaylee's post sounded very influencer-ish. Jill is hoping Kaylee can be the "good version" of Josie and Carlin Bates. Not sure dollar stores and the Waltons' tinker are looking for influencers though.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 12/1/2023 at 6:36 AM, BetyBee said:

I don't understand why Jonathan bends to Jill's will. She doesn't even have money/inheritance to keep them under her thumb like JimBob. All she has is shrieking and guilting. Grow a backbone, Jonathan! Kaylee lacks the will to do so.

It makes me wonder about Jonathan's home life if he prefers the Rods to his own family.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 5

I think Jon is much more immature than Derick and Ben were when they entered the Duggar fold. Just like JB&M, JillR is a force to be reckoned with. There was some post or reel when Jon thanked Jill for keeping him in line and helping him obey the Bible or something like that.

I have no idea what his family was like but he certainly seems to enjoy being one of Jill's kids, or at least he doesn't mind it. Or, who knows, maybe they talk shit about her all the time and then smile and nod and go through the motions when they're around her.

• Like 9
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤭 What a goof.

8BB6F7A6-7E17-4E6E-969A-6081E5FF0D63.jpeg

She actually wrote “Philippines”!  Didn’t know that was a book of the Bible!

4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is boiling mad!!!

5971F5FD-0D4F-4835-8808-3E704BCAC7C7.jpeg

Ellen throwing shade at Jill for sure. OMG. 

Who is this Hope who is having bruising, but hopefully no “scaring”?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 9
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“A “mock” early Christmas!”

WTH is that supposed to mean? Not an early Christmas, a mock early Christmas. Help!

Let's face it, Jill has a special way with words, just like her passion for gRaPhic DeSiGn. 

What is with the hats this year? First, Jill's orange knit baseball bonnet and now Jon's polyester trapper hat. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

More Jill’s photo shop skillz. Screenshots. There are more check out Instagram. 

oh wow she got a $5 bag as a reward. Woohoo 🙄.

8A4E0317-4F15-4F78-AE9F-D5080AAE82A2.jpeg

F966B30F-68CE-45A0-B060-D4DAE4289CC2.jpeg

So once again JillyBean has “earned” a trip. We can look forward to two full months of pre trip posts! This trip appears to be at a resort in Mexico, hopefully no one will think Jill is Spanish.

• LOL 8
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

More Jill’s photo shop skillz. Screenshots. There are more check out Instagram. 

oh wow she got a $5 bag as a reward. Woohoo 🙄.

8A4E0317-4F15-4F78-AE9F-D5080AAE82A2.jpeg

F966B30F-68CE-45A0-B060-D4DAE4289CC2.jpeg

A9FAA4C7-A97C-4309-B1F5-D190E3C2B5B3.jpeg

D63AC713-494A-4172-8503-C3CD14C8A312.jpeg

Think she will go to this retreat? 

Looks like the Christmas feast was pretty lame, coffee cake and chips? 

1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

So once again JillyBean has “earned” a trip. We can look forward to two full months of pre trip posts! This trip appears to be at a resort in Mexico, hopefully no one will think Jill is Spanish.

Punta Cana is in the DR. I have family out there but only went to PC once. It is lovely and there are a lot of skimpy suited sun bathers out there. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, oliviabenson said:

That’s not a lot of food for 20 people lol. 1 bag of Oreos and 2 danishes?! She needed 5 boxes of cookie and 5-6 danishes. 

I died laughing at her pointing out for a LONG time that it was non alcoholic sparkling juice. 

I forgot the Oreos. I hope that wasn't the meal but knowing these morons, it was. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Think she will go to this retreat? 

Looks like the Christmas feast was pretty lame, coffee cake and chips? 

Punta Cana is in the DR. I have family out there but only went to PC once. It is lovely and there are a lot of skimpy suited sun bathers out there. 

I saw 2-3 bags of chips. Also not enough. And not even in a bowl. Imagine 20 people sticking their hands into a bag of chips. Gross! They should have bought mini bags of chips. 

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I forgot the Oreos. I hope that wasn't the meal but knowing these morons, it was. 

It was definitely the meal for everyone but Jill/Dave. Those 2 probably went out to eat later.

and not even pizza at the party. Even frozen pizza is fine. Or home made hotdogs. Something to feed the kids. 

Homemade meatballs/chicken wings, cubes of cheese, something. Jeez. 

• Like 11
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It was definitely the meal for everyone but Jill/Dave. Those 2 probably went out to eat later.

and not even pizza at the party. Even frozen pizza is fine. Or home made hotdogs. Something to feed the kids. 

How easy to get a few packages of cheapie hotdogs and buns. I'm sure David and Jill went out for dinner and someone else paid. 

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

A9FAA4C7-A97C-4309-B1F5-D190E3C2B5B3.jpeg

First, I hate that Maine sweatblouse. It takes me back to my archery class in high school.

Second, did she sign up for the Punta Cana trip or just earn chance for a chance to maybe go? She lied about the cruise, so she has zero credibility. Also, if she's buying products for a bunch of dummy Plexus accounts, how are she and Hunk  going to afford to fly off to the DR even if she qualified? Doesn't the RV still need major work? 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

We will hear how EXCITED Jill is to go to Punta Cana for about a month and a half.   Then riiiiight before trip, she will either get sick again or some kid will have an emergency and she just won't be able to go.   Just like the cruise.

As for the "mock" Christmas, way to figure out how to get twice as many presents Jill.   Because since this is the "mock" Christmas she will still expect lots and lots of stuff for real Christmas.   Especially because she will be so "heartbroken" the married kids are with their in-law families instead of her, she will need presents to make up for it.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I saw 2-3 bags of chips. Also not enough. And not even in a bowl. Imagine 20 people sticking their hands into a bag of chips. Gross! They should have bought mini bags of chips. 

I am having christmas open house..in the south people expect food!! so we got bootleg bbq wings ( 200) , country ham balls, queso and chips, chips and dip, veggie tray, fruit tray, cheese tray...iced tea, hot chocolate punch, coffee , water...and for dessert..magnolia bakery vanilla cupcakes and a really good red velvet cupcake I make....all finger foods...that is not even a meal but...more food than shown at jills...and how hard is it to go to hobby lobby, tj maxx or world market for plates and cups and cute table stuff.....gatherings are not just about food...but an experience...I want my guests to have a GOOD time....and yes we have games and prizes....

• Like 16
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, awaken said:

She actually wrote “Philippines”!  Didn’t know that was a book of the Bible!

Who is this Hope who is having bruising, but hopefully no “scaring”?

Sure it  is !  Right near thessaloupians 

• LOL 19
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe that many snack foods at one time is a real treat?  And it seems someone went shopping at the local Dollar General, and everyone received something.  Maybe this is really the high point of their "mock" celebrations.  Without an outside person to pay for all of this bounty, this really may be a big deal to them.  Certainly not post-worthy, but it may really be exciting to eat all the snack food you want on one day.  I still don't understand the "mock" business.  It is just a (very) early Christmas party.

• Like 4
On 12/2/2023 at 6:14 AM, sixlets said:

Everybody, clutch your pearls!!  Jilly must be feeling persecuted again based on her last FB post. She also posted a ton of videos of the kids doing all of the decorating at the barndo.  Why, you may ask?  Well, straight from Jill's mouth: "This Fall has been absolutely GRUELING. By the time it came to Christmas decorating, I was weary TO THE BONE!” Tim got a shout-out, there's no hiding Nurie's pregnancy, the map made a double appearance, and there was no sign of the resident hunk.  This woman has so many screws loose...

Weary “TO THE BONE” from what? From keeping score about how superior you are to everyone? From the crazy filtering you do on every single photo you take of yourself?  From the overuse of commas and capital letters? From emotionally manipulating everyone in your orbit to complete obedience to you and your petty need for constant admiration?

• Like 12
  • Applause 6