Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Poor guy. What eighteen-year-old brings stuffed animals and pictures of Mama to display in a dorm room. Even at Moody, I bet there was talk behind his back. 

Jill is mentally unhinged. It's hard to let kids go, but holding them as emotional hostages is a tragedy.  

I can only imagine what was said or even thought. I want to give the benefit of the doubt that the kids were not gossipers. 

Jill should be ashamed of herself. Of course you can love your child, but when my son went to college, the only picture he took was of our cat. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

FAFSA! That would be an ebil government form, no way JillyBean is filling that out!!

That's even assuming that Moody accepts financial aid. I imagine that a lot of bible beater "schools" don't. 

love to decorate and Timothy is sentimental and very neat like me.

If Jill is "neat," I'm Michelle Duggar. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That's even assuming that Moody accepts financial aid. I imagine that a lot of bible beater "schools" don't. 

If Jill is "neat," I'm Michelle Duggar. 

I'm pretty sure that Moody is fully accredited, so they would accept FAFSA applications. I can't imagine Jill furnishing her tax returns for scrutiny. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

She doesn't love anybody but Jill.  I doubt she loves Hunk as much as she professes.

I think she is tired of her hunk. I don’t think she loves him anymore. Her endless posts of her love for him makes me cringe. 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think she is tired of her hunk. I don’t think she loves him anymore. Her endless posts of her love for him makes me cringe. 

Did she ever really love him? She was how old when they got together? Infatuation? And older man who was out in the world interested in her? I'm sure she was convinced she loved him. Maybe by the time she realized she wasn't she was stuck. IDK... maybe she really does? 

That is the problem with some of these young marriages... marry in haste, repent at leisure. I do have a friend who married right out of high school, they celebrated their 36th anniversary the other day. It does work but it is rare. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Tim lived in an actual dorm. IIRC, a sweet friend let a few boys stay in his basement.

I remember something like this, too.  I don't think he was in a dorm.  Sharing a house, maybe?

• Like 4
On 8/1/2023 at 4:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

Patients and employees smoked in hospitals in the not too distant past. 

True. Lots of things that everyone used to do seem to morph into unspeakable evils these days. Sometimes this is a wonderful thing, and sometimes it spins out of control...sometimes you learn things, and wonder how much of a difference it makes in the major scheme of things. I certainly would not want to blow anyone up, but yesterday I learned from the aide who came to help with my mom (who has been in hospice home care for the past few months), and she said that patients who use oxygen should not use lip balm which contains petroleum derivatives (which most of them do). The one Mom had must have come from the hospital since it was petroleum free, but had a normal chap-stick been on hand, I would never have had any second thoughts about using it.

• Useful 8
On 8/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

Patients and employees smoked in hospitals in the not too distant past. 

30+ years ago I was in the hospital and dragged my IV to the smoking room. I wasn't alone. Looking back WTF???

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Nathan and Nurie are visiting Kayjon in the hospital.

Jill  commented that Nathan and Nathan  wanted to see the hospital where Jonathan and Kaylee were staying with Gideon’.  I guess actually seeing Gideon was just a side benefit.  

My assumption is that Nathan and Nurie are the ones on vacation. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill  commented that Nathan and Nathan  wanted to see the hospital where Jonathan and Kaylee were staying with Gideon’.  I guess actually seeing Gideon was just a side benefit.  

My assumption is that Nathan and Nurie are the ones on vacation. 

I think the Nurthans are going to accompany the Rods to their AirBnB, wherever it is. 

• Like 3

I am assuming you have to pay for that fancy coffee. This is what they consider fun. They are sadly so limited. I was looking at the video of the “men” going down the kid slide. I thought how none of the men in family  would ever do that. They are beyond immatur

Just now, jacourt said:

I am assuming you have to pay for that fancy coffee. This is what they consider fun. They are sadly so limited. I was looking at the video of the “men” going down the kid slide. I thought how none of the men in family  would ever do that. They are beyond immature. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Another vacation?    For someone who doesn't work Jill sure takes a lot of vacations.  

Nurie looks absurdly happy to be holding a cup of coffee.   You would think as a mother herself she would be helping Kaylee more rather than grabbing a cup of joe for herself.   But then again Nurie is probably just like her mother in her caregiving skills.

• Like 9
  • Sad 5

"Jill said, “We had to come here because Nathan and Nurie wanted to see the hospital”."

What Jill meant is Nurie just had to have the experience of getting coffee from the robotic coffee machine the rod females have been squealing over for a month now. 😂

As for the caution sign - during all the squealing and giggling, one of the rod females probably spilled their coffee.

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
53 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Vacation FROM WHAT?  Grifting?  

Well, Jill did save three souls for the Lord Daniel of the Laundromat this year, so think of all the effort that took. Whew. She's still recovering. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
18 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Nathan and Nurie are visiting Kayjon in the hospital.

94A409B4-2B90-41F9-8311-BFCEE9C52DA9.jpeg

0FB53028-1D1F-44D7-B91C-63B5CE5D6008.jpeg

D601A11C-B51E-4FA0-9538-B53DC3061B07.jpeg

Screenshots

Good LORD they made Tessie, the most beautiful daughter, look even worse than she's been looking lately!

And Nu-REE looks eerily like her mother in the third photo, and VERY spaced out.

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
50 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Good LORD they made Tessie, the most beautiful daughter, look even worse than she's been looking lately!

And Nu-REE looks eerily like her mother in the third photo, and VERY spaced out.

I know, Tessie is a lovely young woman but she looks not do good. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

That's the understatement of the week. Her lights are on, but nobody's home. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Being spaced out would be a plus for being around Mahmo, as long as the Space Cadet wasn't driving anywhere.

• LOL 6

So that’s why Jill said ‘ Nathan and Nurie wanted to see the hospital… rather than ‘see Gideon’.  He wasn’t a patient any longer. That makes it even weirder.  You don’t go wander the hospital just because.   It’s not a tourist attraction. 

it also explains  the photo a couple days ago of the younger girls  holding Gideon even though they were too young to visit him in the hospital.  

if it’s vacation time, and Jonathan and Kaylee were on this weird hospital tour…does that mean they are dragging Gideon in close quarters on a vacation with the entire family? 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
29 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

You don’t go wander the hospital just because.   It’s not a tourist attraction. 

OMG, those poor nurses.   Just as they were breathing a sign of relief that the Rodrigues were GONE, they come back for a freaking tour.   

I'm glad Gideon is out of the hospital and thriving.   Of course, he got fed in the hospital.   Hopefully Jonathan has better ideas about feeding children than his in-laws.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Hard to believe Jill took such a nice photo of the family.  I hope Kaylee's lack of garish makeup is something she'll continue.  I think she's much more attractive than Nurie.

and you can see the line of healthy hair/new growth...the contrast is shocking....but that is what good nutrition does for you...shiny thick glossy hair...and her skin looks good too...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The picture of Kaylee+ appears to be at a restaurant, or at least not at a private home. Crazy to think they'd bring their just recovering preemie around a crowd of strangers.

Surely it was a miracle that Gideon was released just in time for Mimi's annual family vacation. I have little doubt they took the newly released baby to whatever airbnb or cabin rental to fit mama's demand for the annual family vacation.☹️

• Sad 15
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Am I reading this right - Nurie and Nathan are visiting and Jill took them to the hospital to visit a coffee machine??

Looks like it. 

They were at the hospital on 7/31. That might have been when Gideon was released. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

In the video with nurie and nathan, Jonathan has a name tag on his shirt and Kaylee is still wearing the wristband. No one else had a sticker tag, so I think they were probably waiting on the discharge and then on to MEME's vacation destination from there.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4