Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has posted a 30 minute live video on Facebook, if you’re interested in Plexus.  She’s a nut job.

Yes she wants people to trust her, she and her family are so Godly according to her. That’s the start of the video. Then PLEXUS is the topic. Trust her, believe her, spend your money.

A reminder, posts and stories can be reported. 😁

Try an experiment. If you have Instagram and aren’t currently following her, hit “follow” and note the message that comes up. You can just unfollow after. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 4
18 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She thinks in her pea brain that All her haterz want her life and her hunky man. 

Goodness no.   My life ain't perfect but hers is EXHAUSTING.   To have to be angry all the time, then all the work for her low level grifts.   No thank you.

At least Sofia got a cake unlike the last one who got Little Debbies.

• Like 20
(edited)
40 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Goodness no.   My life ain't perfect but hers is EXHAUSTING.   To have to be angry all the time, then all the work for her low level grifts.   No thank you.

At least Sofia got a cake unlike the last one who got Little Debbies.

That was Renee. And that was her 21st birthday.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 14

Jill writes Sofia's birthday message to say that people say Sofia's personality is like Jill's (I hope not!) and Sofia reminds Jill of herself.

Does BME mention a single thing about Sofia that's unique to Sofia? No. Everything is about Jill, as usual. I'd be surprised if she even knows much about these lost daughters. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 19
(edited)

I think Janessa is the most like Jill. The other children turn on the instant fake happiness the second Jill points the phone their way. Janessa on the other hand is often seen trying to climb on Jill's lap to get in videos Jill doesn't want her to be in and Jill seems somewhat annoyed by that. Janessa can also often be heard in the background of videos doing the high pitched whine "show me, point it to me" etc

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
35 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Janessa is the most like Jill. The other children turn on the instant fake happiness the second Jill points the phone their way. Janessa on the other hand is often seen trying to climb on Jill's lap to get in videos Jill doesn't want her to be in and Jill seems somewhat annoyed by that. Janessa can also often be heard in the background of videos doing the high pitched whine "show me, point it to me" etc

I’ve been saying for months that Janessa is Jill 2.0.  Janessa begs to be on SM.  If that’s not Jill Jr, I don’t know what is.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The plexus video isn’t playing for me, but here are 2 of the comments.

8D7727BA-7234-4FBA-A48C-2BE212047DAF.jpeg

3E532F8C-B9F0-4D17-8866-EE2771AB2F67.jpeg

My cousin has mentioned how God made weed and it is a natural and good thing. So would Jill take marijuana? I'm confused. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My cousin has mentioned how God made weed and it is a natural and good thing. So would Jill take marijuana? I'm confused. 

Only if plexus sold weed flavored pink drink!

Mmm good!

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Also the amount of spit on that cake left by Sophia blowing out the candles made it inedible to me.

I am sure that cake got devoured anyway.

And she is still without front teeth. It’s been like a year and no teeth growing in!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 10
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Also the amount of spit on that cake left by Sophia blowing out the candles made it inedible to me.

And she is still without front teeth. It’s been like a year and no teeth growing in!

Sadie had no front teeth for way over a year.  It takes nutrients for teeth to grow and we all know The Waifs are lacking nutrients.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Poor Sofia had barely enough breath to blow out those candles! That cake didn’t look big enough for more than 6 or 7 people. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

After Dave dipped up there was half a cake for everyone else left. 

7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Poor Sofia had barely enough breath to blow out those candles! That cake didn’t look big enough for more than 6 or 7 people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I looked back to Sofia's birthday last year, Jill and Dave took her to mini golf and she had all her teeth then. Her picture with a doll at christmas shows she is missing one bottom baby tooth. Her upper 2 middle teeth are there but there is an odd space on each side before the next teeth. She does seem to have the same type of teeth as Israel Dillard. lots of gums and very small looking teeth.

I looked because I also thought it had been well over a year.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 4
25 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Our family would cut that size cake into at least 12 slices.  For most of us dessert doesn't need to be more than a few bites.  The Rodrigues kids, however, probably rarely get full.  

I thought maybe we're skimpy, but I looked it up and standard sizes would be 12 to 16 slices.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1

I remember reading one of the reviews from Tim’s Christ Honoring Hustle and the person basically said Tim was unlicensed, inept and that he’d better be careful before he falls off of someone’s roof.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

At the end of Sophia's birthday cake video, David clearly says, "I'll take my piece!"

to his credit though, he did urgently tell her "watch your hair, watch your hair" when she first leaned over the candles. that's what caused her to pull in up and hold it behind her. Jill was just filming and cackling away as usual.

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
12 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I remember reading one of the reviews from Tim’s Christ Honoring Hustle and the person basically said Tim was unlicensed, inept and that he’d better be careful before he falls off of someone’s roof.

He probably deleted that review!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

to his credit though, he did urgently tell her "watch your hair, watch your hair" when she first leaned over the candles. that's what caused her to pull in up and hold it behind her. Jill was just filming and cackling away as usual.

Bold of you to assume Hunk was concerned about his child lighting herself on fire rather than about the possibility of the cake getting damaged in the ensuing chaos.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

In the video I was actually impressed by David. Don’t shoot me! She was having trouble blowing out the candles. Jill was laughing at her. But David pointed his finger toward the candles that were still lit so she would have something to aim at. Then she was able to blow the rest out in one shot.

• Like 12
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In the video I was actually impressed by David. Don’t shoot me! She was having trouble blowing out the candles. Jill was laughing at her. But David pointed his finger toward the candles that were still lit so she would have something to aim at. Then she was able to blow the rest out in one shot.

She's 8. Plenty old enough to figure that out herself, just by observation. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Our family would cut that size cake into at least 12 slices.  For most of us dessert doesn't need to be more than a few bites.  The Rodrigues kids, however, probably rarely get full.  

I thought maybe we're skimpy, but I looked it up and standard sizes would be 12 to 16 slices.  

To me that looks like a small cake, it's not a standard size cake.  The kids would get a larger portion from an individual Little Debbie cake.

• Like 8
21 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve been saying for months that Janessa is Jill 2.0.  Janessa begs to be on SM.  If that’s not Jill Jr, I don’t know what is.

I think Janessa has just figured out that the way to get Mommy's attention is to be willing to perform for the camera.   That's why she is always begging for Jill to put the camera on her.   At least then Jill will notice she exists.   Or maybe Jill promises the kids an extra potato chip if they perform well and Janessa isn't about to miss out.

• Like 4
  • Sad 15
  • Useful 1

You would think that one of the life skills JillyBean would have is knowing how to bake a cake. In the Rod family there’s no lack of birthdays! Plenty of opportunity to practice, I’m sure Dave would willingly sample any practice cakes. And a cake mix is far cheaper than a store bought cake.

• Like 19
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I think Janessa has just figured out that the way to get Mommy's attention is to be willing to perform for the camera.   That's why she is always begging for Jill to put the camera on her.   At least then Jill will notice she exists.   Or maybe Jill promises the kids an extra potato chip if they perform well and Janessa isn't about to miss out.

I'm still appalled by Jill Jr. picking up dead flies.  DGIH, that was sad and sickening.

Sofia blowing spittle all over that cake = yuck.  To me, that cake looked barely bigger than a baby's first birthday smash cake.  DBD probably ate half of it.

Of course, it would never occur to those children to question why daddy eats 10X (or more) than they do.  Or maybe it does, but questioning anything would get them punished, Lord knows how badly.  Jill's a tyrant.

• Like 5

While the entire Rod crew is used to endless pictures, I'm guessing Janessa is the only one who has been filmed, likely daily, since birth. Also, she is probably just now learning to smile on demand. Give her another year and she'll look as creepy as the rest of them.

Maybe the way Sofie is like Jill is that she's cunning like her mom and that's why she's treated differently than the others. Its very typical to dislike in others what we dislike in ourselves all without realizing it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

I really hoped that the one good thing that would come out of Covid, would be the end of people blowing all over birthday cakes. It's really a gross tradition! Anyway, no such luck. Personally, I pass on having a piece of birthday cake, but I'm happy to join in on the singing! I would guess that missing front teeth would lead to even more spittle! 🤯

• Like 7

We began having the kids wave a paper plate briskly over the candles and have stuck with it.  It makes one of the uncles very happy.  Jill cares not for anyone but herself so the thought of how unsanitary blowing out candles is would never occur to her.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

We began having the kids wave a paper plate briskly over the candles and have stuck with it.  It makes one of the uncles very happy.  Jill cares not for anyone but herself so the thought of how unsanitary blowing out candles is would never occur to her.  

Great idea!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I really hoped that the one good thing that would come out of Covid, would be the end of people blowing all over birthday cakes. It's really a gross tradition! Anyway, no such luck. Personally, I pass on having a piece of birthday cake, but I'm happy to join in on the singing! I would guess that missing front teeth would lead to even more spittle! 🤯

That family regularly travels together packed into a tin can aka stink bus, so they’re always sharing germs anyway.  Blowing all over a cake probably isn’t going to make much difference as far as health and hygiene goes.

• Like 10
13 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

To me that looks like a small cake, it's not a standard size cake.  The kids would get a larger portion from an individual Little Debbie cake.

If Jill bought it, it came from the markdowns of the markdowns at the grocery. There probably wasn't much choice. I just hope it didn't have someone else's name on it. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's 8. Plenty old enough to figure that out herself, just by observation. 

My point was, he came up with something to assist her, not mock her.

I don’t remember that far back, but I’d assume the fact she’s missing teeth would play a part in the difficulty. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Birthday cake candle blowing is about the only occasion when I am very thankful I have a wheat allergy.  It gives me a real excuse for not having to eat a cake that some little kid has spit on.

And we never gave it a thought or most of us didn't. I am leery of buffets now too. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Jill’s most recent post, I’m leaving out the pictures.

”Last week, I got to hold Gideon for the 1st time.  ❤️💙  What a GLORIOUS moment it was!  He is SO precious and such a little fighter.  Kaylee said he rarely cries and is determined to learn how to nurse, breathe, etc.  I love him with every fiber of my being!  🥰🥰🥰

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Last week, I got to hold Gideon for the 1st time.

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a string of posts showing every dang Rod kid holding that baby for the first time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s most recent post, I’m leaving out the pictures.

”Last week, I got to hold Gideon for the 1st time.  ❤️💙  What a GLORIOUS moment it was!  He is SO precious and such a little fighter.  Kaylee said he rarely cries and is determined to learn how to nurse, breathe, etc.  I love him with every fiber of my being!  🥰🥰🥰

The date on her visitor tag in the photo on Facebook is 7-12.  She waited six days to post this.  It’s also two days prior to when she posted the grumpy nurses post.  I’m really surprised she didn’t post this immediately.  In addition- She held that baby right next to her face and breathed on his face.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

The date on her visitor tag in the photo on Facebook is 7-12.  She waited six days to post this.  It’s also two days prior to when she posted the grumpy nurses post.  I’m really surprised she didn’t post this immediately.  In addition- She held that baby right next to her face and breathed on his face.  

If Giddy gets well too quick the love offerings will dry up. Jill's going to lie draw this out for as long as she can.

• Like 8
On 7/17/2023 at 9:09 AM, farmgal4 said:

That sounds quite similar to Spurgeon to me. I think some of these kids realize pretty quickly that if you want any actual attention from Mommy, you have to give into some of her bullshit. I don't think it's necessarily narcissism so much as being clever enough to see what works, starved enough for attention to be willing to play her little games, and extroverted enough to not really mind it as much as the others. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

For a non Jill rod post - the cosplay medifools have been "training", fb post shows they are practicing their skydiving skills. You know,  for when they "deploy" to whatever event might need them to drop in from the sky.😂

"Medic Corps’ team of cross-trained volunteers provide rapid response and critical aid to foreign and domestic disasters. This past week, our team continued their ongoing training in medical aid, skydiving, and helicopter rescue services."

To find out how YOU can join the team: MEDICCORPS.org!

Photo Credit: Lydia Romeike Photography

Surely all real training of any type includes one guy's wife to take the pics for sm 😂 Floods in the great old US of A and they are off practicing their skydiving.

left to right. JD, Trace, Lawson, Jason, Jer,  Nathan, Drew Patton? and then 3 I don't recognize.

image.png.ae9b50eade45e1fc8235146b00b79334.png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 9