Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The white dress from the shower and engagement photo shoot in the field was a short sleeved dress.

I was thinking this morning how quiet this trip would seem to Kaylee. No clown car circus every time the car stopped, no waiting for a table for 12+, no carrying a 4 yr old, etc.

I am sure Jill is already working on Jonathan to quit his "really great job that allowed him to buy a house" (and employs phillip and maybe samuel). She will tell the tale of David working at the print shop in NY and how much better the "call to grift...um... ministry is for the family.

Jonathan and his brother preached at their dad's church on Sunday evenings, so I foresee him becoming a pastor like Nathan.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is out often with just her daughters, but she has a wedding ring on to prove she is married. It doesn't prove she's married to a man, but is does indicate she has a spouse.

What Jill doesn't realize is no one gives a shit if the adults out solo with kids are married or not and no one is looking at her hands.

I would probably look at her hands, if only to see how many layers of nail polish she's wearing!

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I was thinking this morning how quiet this trip would seem to Kaylee. No clown car circus every time the car stopped, no waiting for a table for 12+, no carrying a 4 yr old, etc.

I will say that when I got married the first time and moved an hour away with who I thought was my one true love, I was very homesick for my brothers and the "commotion" that a 5 person family created, which was relatively normal if you don't count that my parents didn't really get along.  I couldn't wait to be married and didn't want to change that, just going from 5 of us (them) to 2 of us was quite the emotional shocker.  I eventually got used to it.  So can you imagine Kaylee going from all that to just the two of them.  It will take some getting used to.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

The white dress from the shower and engagement photo shoot in the field was a short sleeved dress.

I am sure Jill is already working on Jonathan to quit his "really great job that allowed him to buy a house" (and employs phillip and maybe samuel). She will tell the tale of David working at the print shop in NY and how much better the "call to grift...um... ministry is for the family.

Jonathan and his brother preached at their dad's church on Sunday evenings, so I foresee him becoming a pastor like Nathan.

How many pastors do they need in their church? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I will say that when I got married the first time and moved an hour away with who I thought was my one true love, I was very homesick for my brothers and the "commotion" that a 5 person family created, which was relatively normal if you don't count that my parents didn't really get along.  I couldn't wait to be married and didn't want to change that, just going from 5 of us (them) to 2 of us was quite the emotional shocker.  I eventually got used to it.  So can you imagine Kaylee going from all that to just the two of them.  It will take some getting used to.

It must be a shock to Kaylee that she can eat meals in peace without fasting/sharing ! She gets her own chicken leg !

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

How many pastors do they need in their church? 

since I mentioned Jonathan becoming a pastor I looked up job openings for pastors at KJV churches. I was surprised by the amount of openings. a few in Ohio. Not saying at all Jonathan wants to be a pastor. If he is happy with whatever job he has now, I hope he sticks with it and Kaylee and her mama get used to the idea.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My mother worked day shift and my father swing shifts when we were little. I wonder what people thought when we were out with our father at parks, hardware stores, and lumber yards. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Single dad or widower 

3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Plus they have a few churches they stop by regularly, these are probably where they know they will grift enough $$.

I think the Rods have to stop by the churches that are paying their salary through the missionary clearinghouse they belong to. They sing, cowbell, and preach. They also pick up a free meal and love offerings too. Traveling in that van and entertaining is how the Rod kids support their parents, by the way. 

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i am sure Jill is already working on Jonathan to quit his "really great job that allowed him to buy a house" (and employs phillip and maybe samuel). She will tell the tale of David working at the print shop in NY and how much better the "call to grift...um... ministry is for the family.

Is Jonathan a better speaker than the Rod boys? I couldn't imagine belonging to a church that had Tim or Sam as its regular preacher. Every time I hear them speak, some of my brain cells die. 

If Jill's smart (okay, okay), she'll keep Jonathan in the job he has so he can afford his house and treat her and Hunk to worldly pleasures such as restaurants, shopping, and vacations. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

since I mentioned Jonathan becoming a pastor I looked up job openings for pastors at KJV churches. I was surprised by the amount of openings. a few in Ohio. Not saying at all Jonathan wants to be a pastor. If he is happy with whatever job he has now, I hope he sticks with it and Kaylee and her mama get used to the idea.

There are many pastors who also have a full-time job outside of the church.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Forum Friends, if you haven’t yet checked out this Instagram page:  anotnurie_rodrigues then you must.  It displays just what a batshit crazy bitch Jill truly is.  You don’t have to have an IG account yourself in order to have access to it.  Mods, if it’s against the rules for me to post this, I’m sorry and please delete my post.

I’ve been loving it!  Have learned so much about Jill’s hateful ways. 

im in the minority, but I’ve liked kaylee’s honeymoon photos. She looks truly happy, and I hope she enjoys the peace of married life in their little house before a bazillion kids come along. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is a real nice looking young man but its a shame this is what he is stuck with. And defend? Is he planning on joining the military? 

Sammers is the best looking Rodlet boy, but now that he’s attempting to grow facial hair he isn’t so cute. And what 18 year old wants a piñata at his birthday?

• Applause 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Fat chance! Maybe Medic Corps!

Medic Corps is for the richer Fundie boys who can pay their way to fly to devastated areas so they can stand around and take photos of themselves before flying off to somewhere with a fast food restaurant that's open. Sam's photogenic, but that's all he's got. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

He is a real nice looking young man but its a shame this is what he is stuck with. And defend? Is he planning on joining the military? 

He will be SEVERELY persecuted for being a Christian according to Jill. So he will defend his religion 🙄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

if Sam had friends he would invite them over or go out with them unsupervised to have fun.

What a sad birthday party.

Jill Will definitely use Kayjo kids when they go grifting in the RV. She has 6 minor kids. 3-4 are the malnourished waifs the rest are practically marriage age.

Kayjo shall birth the next generation of grifting waifs who will sing for their supper and Olive Garden gift cards for memaw 

• Sad 15
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Sammers is the best looking Rodlet boy, but now that he’s attempting to grow facial hair he isn’t so cute. And what 18 year old wants a piñata at his birthday?

With the facial hair, I was actually struck by how much he is starting to resemble Timbits. The coloring is different, which seems to work in Sam's favor, but their facial structure is very similar.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

With the facial hair, I was actually struck by how much he is starting to resemble Timbits. The coloring is different, which seems to work in Sam's favor, but their facial structure is very similar.

That was my thought. I seriously thought Jill accidentally put up a picture of Timbits instead of Sam - that's how much they look alike. I actually don't think Tim looks that bad other than that striking blond hair, but Tim has occasionally taken some good pictures. What is more frustrating with Tim is his mannerisms and well, basically his life, more so than his looks. (That said, I agree that Sam's the best looking male Rodlet.)

• Like 9
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Then how will he defend his country?

By making sure everyone uses the Jill approved KVJ bible.

23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Give out tracts everywhere and ranting against sluttish women

Just like his big brother.

• Sad 8
18 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Make sure that the gift card is for the good Olive Garden 😂

They just built one a few miles from my house! You would think the Royal family has moved to the area according to the press! Not sure if it will be a good one though. 

• LOL 6

Samuel loves sports but isn't allowed to watch sports, or play on actual sports teams, or own any real sporting equipment, so - translated, I think Jill means Samuel loves playing tag or hide and seek with his siblings.

• Like 3
  • Sad 23
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

2 boys have a flag shirt don’t remember which ones. Shrek flag shirt is the ugliest thing ever. 

I've seen all 3 at home boys wear that same flag shirt. I think they have a communal closet, at least for shirts. Sammers probably has his own pants since he's so much taller.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Samuel loves sports but isn't allowed to watch sports, or play on actual sports teams, or own any real sporting equipment, so - translated, I think Jill means Samuel loves playing tag or hide and seek with his siblings.

More like hide a chicken leg from daddy 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

They just built one a few miles from my house! You would think the Royal family has moved to the area according to the press! Not sure if it will be a good one though. 

Well then you better get your butt in gear and go check it out to see if it is the good one.

• LOL 7
21 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Well then you better get your butt in gear and go check it out to see if it is the good one.

No thanks! I gave up on them years ago. Its funny that all the people on Facebook that were excited about it raved about the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks. Not a one mentioned an entrée. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Well there’s also swimming in the ditch and arm wrestling.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

No thanks! I gave up on them years ago. Its funny that all the people on Facebook that were excited about it raved about the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks. Not a one mentioned an entrée. 

I meet every 1-2 months for lunch with a group of cousins, and the chosen restaurant is the Olive Garden.  The truly good Italian restaurant in that area doesn't serve lunch.  After trial and error I've found just one preferred soup and one preferred entree on the lunch menu.  I once paid almost twice as much for a dinner menu entree, chicken and shrimp carbonara, and the chicken had a weird soggy batter, and the sauce lacked seasoning.  It's a comfortable place to sit and chat, but that's about all.

• Like 3