Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 10/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, GeeGolly said:

Maybe since Mr Hobby Artifact Thief Lobby "gave away" his stores, the Fundies will look to a new trend.

It seems to be a popular tax dodge amongst billionaires, even those who are not fundies.  The owners of Patagonia and Carhart have also announced that they're giving away their company to charity.  By 'donating' the business to charity, they avoid taxes in both the short and long term.  What they are doing is creating a nonprofit charity and then putting all the assets of the business into it.   There are literally hundreds of millions of reasons to create a non-profit when you're a billionaire and Jesus is nowhere near the top of the list.

At least in the cases of Carhart and Patagonia, their donations support things like disaster relief, food drives, and climate change.  We all know what sorts of charities Mr Lobby is going to choose.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

3C8FF44D-1053-4BCF-A27A-EB7C38B86FD2.jpeg

859D491E-7B5A-4403-A2F6-8B2664AE7E83.jpeg

6-7 and still sucking her thumb. 

That family is so chaotic and BME so temperamental that self soothing is survival. It would also help is she’s hungry and not fed enough. That poor kid looks so gaunt.

• Sad 19

Lord Daniel of the Laundromat, that girl does NOT look good.  I don’t care what Jill says, this child is not “naturally thin”.  I have a friend who I’ve known nearly 50 years.  She is naturally very thin and tall. Physically, as a child, she looked like a Rodling. All but in her face.  She had a healthy skin tone. She did not have dark circles under her eyes, nor did she have dry, thin hair.  Children are NOT meant to look like this.  I wish there was a way to break through to the Rodlings that their Turpinesque upbringing is NOT normal. Or healthy.  Look how much Nurie began to glow once she married Nathan.  She has considerably less stress in her life and (I’m assuming) eats regularly.  and don’t forget how much Timbits changed when he went away to Flying for Jaysauce school.  He filled out. He had a healthy glow. Now that he is back under BME’s authority, he is back to being grey and rail thin.  You can’t tell me that these kids aren’t malnourished!

• Like 5
  • Sad 10
  • Applause 13
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Lord Daniel of the Laundromat, that girl does NOT look good.  I don’t care what Jill says, this child is not “naturally thin”.  I have a friend who I’ve known nearly 50 years.  She is naturally very thin and tall. Physically, as a child, she looked like a Rodling. All but in her face.  She had a healthy skin tone. She did not have dark circles under her eyes, nor did she have dry, thin hair.  Children are NOT meant to look like this.  I wish there was a way to break through to the Rodlings that their Turpinesque upbringing is NOT normal. Or healthy.  Look how much Nurie began to glow once she married Nathan.  She has considerably less stress in her life and (I’m assuming) eats regularly.  and don’t forget how much Timbits changed when he went away to Flying for Jaysauce school.  He filled out. He had a healthy glow. Now that he is back under BME’s authority, he is back to being grey and rail thin.  You can’t tell me that these kids aren’t malnourished!

Even Jonathan lost weight once he was around the Rodrigues family 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11
17 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Lord Daniel of the Laundromat, that girl does NOT look good.  I don’t care what Jill says, this child is not “naturally thin”.  I have a friend who I’ve known nearly 50 years.  She is naturally very thin and tall. Physically, as a child, she looked like a Rodling. All but in her face.  She had a healthy skin tone. She did not have dark circles under her eyes, nor did she have dry, thin hair.

This.

I wish I could show you all a picture of me at this age. I was a wee little thing. I could wear a 2T dress as a shirt when I was around 4. I was always the smallest kid. But put me in a race and I could outrun half the kindergarten class. Put me on the monkey bars and I could out climb all but the stronger armed boys. I kept up with my older brothers, etc.

These little Rod waifs, at least some of them, are malnourished.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What’s Jill’s obsession with the bells? She is awful at them. Baaaa my ears are still ringing.

Jill thinks she's fantastic at everything. It looks as if the church put her outside to diffuse the sound. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 17

This coming weekend gives us Daylight Savings Time and presumably Kaylee and Jonathan's wedding. I'm sure the Rodlets are taking a needed week off from their rigorous homeschooling schedule to make decorations and dump stale chips and popcorn into plastic bowls. Who will do the cake this time? A Dingus? 

Seriously, I hope Kaylee gets a decent dress and Jill's attempts to steal the spotlight fall flat. I also hope Kaylee gets to leave the Barndo that day so Mahmo can cry fake tears on camera as another member of her unpaid staff moves on.  

• Like 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

3C8FF44D-1053-4BCF-A27A-EB7C38B86FD2.jpeg

859D491E-7B5A-4403-A2F6-8B2664AE7E83.jpeg

6-7 and still sucking her thumb. 

There’s a picture of Sofia on the horse.  She’s wearing a brand new pair of shoes.  They’re fur boots and they are solid white- snow white.  Can you imagine how dirty they will be by the time winter is over?  WTF is wrong with Jill?  Seriously, WTF is wrong with her????  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

There’s a picture of Sofia on the horse.  She’s wearing a brand new pair of shoes.  They’re fur boots and they are solid white- snow white.  Can you imagine how dirty they will be by the time winter is over?  WTF is wrong with Jill?  Seriously, WTF is wrong with her????  

Any sane parent will pass on those white boots. If they are new they are heavily discounted (or gifted) and we all know Jill doesn’t give a flying fuck about dressing, feeding, raising, or educating her kids. They are Turpin level evil. 

Edited by SMama
Typo
  • Sad 8
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I was just happy to see the kid wearing something halfway appropriate on her feet.  They look like they might fit her and would be warm in the winter.  A win, win, in this case.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Any sane parent will pass on those white boots.

Have to admit I just bought 3 1/2yr old grand girl white winter boots.😀

Her parents also see no problem with kids wearing ill fitting or worn out shoes/boots. I take the 4 kids and let them pick, pretty much every time they need shoes or boots.  She picked white with snowflakes. She is happy. I am happy she will have warm boots that fit and without holes in the bottom. I am assuming the sweet friend who gifted them to Sofia felt the same.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Notice Jill wrote 

Dave never gives up or compromises 

Sounds like an Unpleasant fellow

He definitely never gives up his food or grifting 

Yeah most people have to compromise at something in life. But apparently he is so rigid he won't do it no matter what.   Lovely person there.   

We definitely know he doesn't think he should compromise a luxury lifestyle just because he doesn't work.    He needs his vacation after all.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

My guess is that they are a "gift".  They look brand new, and BME wouldn't be buying new.  Is the other girl on the horse wearing shoes with heels?  Those shoes look new, too.  Maybe someone from the church took them shoe shopping.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I would be embarrassed if other people had to buy my kids' shoes right after I got back from yet another vacation.  But we know Jill feels no shame and considers it her due that other peopke provide for her kids.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 15
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The white boots were definitely grifted. Jill doesn’t spend $ on her kids.

I remember having white winter boots when I was a kid. I don't remember how well they did, but knowing me (and my  mom) they were fine. 

• Like 1

I am both looking forward to this upcoming wedding but am also fearful that A. Jill is going to make it all about herself, B. include her mother who should absolutely not attend, C. make inappropriate comments about Kaylee and Jonathan, D. showcase pictures of her and her hot sexy Hunk while reminiscing about her own marriage, E. see her Rodlets in ill-fitting dresses/shoes, F. sing, G. see pictures of Timcel looking confused and angry, H. watching Hunk "dip first" at the pathetically insubstantial wedding buffet, etc.

• Like 10
  • Sad 8
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am both looking forward to this upcoming wedding but am also fearful that A. Jill is going to make it all about herself, B. include her mother who should absolutely not attend, C. make inappropriate comments about Kaylee and Jonathan, D. showcase pictures of her and her hot sexy Hunk while reminiscing about her own marriage, E. see her Rodlets in ill-fitting dresses/shoes, F. sing, G. see pictures of Timcel looking confused and angry, H. watching Hunk "dip first" at the pathetically insubstantial wedding buffet, etc.

With the wedding being 1 or 2 days after Jill's birthday and exactly 1 month and 1 day after Jill and David's 25th anniversary, and Jill being Jill, there is no doubt in my mind that A and D will happen!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The white boots were definitely grifted. Jill doesn’t spend $ on her kids.

I agree 100%.  My first thought was that someone either gave Jill money or a gift certificate to buy the younger girls new shoes.  The giver must’ve emphasized to Jill that the gift was to be used only for new shoes for the waifs; otherwise, Jill would’ve bought herself something new.  Someone may’ve bought the boots for the girls to wear to the wedding.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe a bowl of Chex mix if they're lucky. 

Along with those big bowls of potato chips.  Probably those candy melts too.

15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What a face 🤪

3BA49901-5224-453C-BC4B-E3752E966D6B.jpeg

That's Jill's scary photo for Halloween...right?

• LOL 7
19 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I would be embarrassed if other people had to buy my kids' shoes right after I got back from yet another vacation.  But we know Jill feels no shame and considers it her due that other peopke provide for her kids.

Jill has no shame and she doesn’t care. She keeps on grifting…

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does anyone recall what the Rods served at Golden Child Nurie’s wedding? Because whatever Not Nurie will get is significantly less, if that’s even possible. 

gosh, I don't remember what they had to eat. Did they have a meal or just cake? 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

gosh, I don't remember what they had to eat. Did they have a meal or just cake? 

Was the reception when the Rods hijacked the Keller’s wedding anniversary celebration provided by the Keller children?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Was the reception when the Rods hijacked the Keller’s wedding anniversary celebration provided by the Keller children?

That was later that night or the next day. 

I recall cake (baked by Sidney Dingus) and basic snacks at Nurie's reception. Like carrot sticks and chips. I think MC FF even made a snide remark about the food. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That was later that night or the next day. 

I recall cake (baked by Sidney Dingus) and basic snacks at Nurie's reception. Like carrot sticks and chips. I think MC FF even made a snide remark about the food. 

Yes, that sounds about right. 

• Like 1

Since JillR won’t have FF and Anna to impress at KaJon wedding, there might be a cake, chips and the good candy melts. There won’t be enough food but JillR won’t care as long as everyone brings her a birthday gift. Maybe she will shame Jon’s family into providing something, otherwise it will be slim pickings. Who will Emcee since FF is occupied elsewhere? Maybe Timbits can preach about modesty and godly women.

• LOL 8