Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

That;s quite a picture of David "playing golf". Surely the man stands up and swings the clubs but no she has to show us his behind. 

And that post for praying for Amy, wasn't that written by Amy? Jill gets me so confused with her postings. Poor Amy, what a miserable life- being Jill's sister.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

This could totally be a preview of a "Survivor" type show. I would totally watch because, train wreck!🤣

That reminds me of the ancient series "Queen for a Day."  The woman who had the saddest, sorriest story won it.  I can't remember it that well except the woman would receive a crown, regal robe, and some money that she'd tearfully accept.  The sorriest fundies could compete.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That reminds me of the ancient series "Queen for a Day."  The woman who had the saddest, sorriest story won it.  I can't remember it that well except the woman would receive a crown, regal robe, and some money that she'd tearfully accept.  The sorriest fundies could compete.

Wasn't there some sort of prize also?  Like a washing machine, or something that was part of the winner's story.  My aunt used to watch that regularly.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

David could end up ill and housebound. That would be the end of the many vacations every year she has come to expect. 

Are you kidding me?   It would be griftapalooza for her then.   "Oh my poor husband who provided for the family can't work, please send money so we aren't out on the streets."   If he dies even better.   She can do the grieving widow act, talk about how PERFECT her HUNK was, how lost she is without him, how they lost the WONDERFUL provider for the family.  

Then she will take off on solo vacations.   If he is still alive -- because she needs a break from "caring" for him and if he dies because she needs time alone to grieve.   

As for golf - golf is NOT a cheap hobby.    So yet one more way they are all "oh we are so poor but we don't work and expect others to support our expensive lifestyle."

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Are you kidding me?   It would be griftapalooza for her then.   "Oh my poor husband who provided for the family can't work, please send money so we aren't out on the streets."   If he dies even better.   She can do the grieving widow act, talk about how PERFECT her HUNK was, how lost she is without him, how they lost the WONDERFUL provider for the family.  

Then she will take off on solo vacations.   If he is still alive -- because she needs a break from "caring" for him and if he dies because she needs time alone to grieve.   

As for golf - golf is NOT a cheap hobby.    So yet one more way they are all "oh we are so poor but we don't work and expect others to support our expensive lifestyle."

Meanwhile the household includes several adults who can work. If all of the kids over 16 worked, they’d have plenty of money.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

That;s quite a picture of David "playing golf". Surely the man stands up and swings the clubs but no she has to show us his behind. 

And that post for praying for Amy, wasn't that written by Amy? Jill gets me so confused with her postings. Poor Amy, what a miserable life- being Jill's sister.

Yes, that post was written by Amy. Jill originally started the Praying for Amy Foster" to provide updates about Amy after the accident. At some point, after they asked Jill to stop "Foster Fridays" and she ignored the request, Kevin and Amy took custody of the page and Jill no longer posts new Praying for Amy word salads there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, beckie said:

I wonder whose watching the kids while Jill and David take yet another vacation? I hope whomever it is, let's them eat to their hearts content.

I'm sure Kaylee (who should be planning a wedding) and Renee were in charge. The older girls down to Hannah probably did everything while the boys loafed around and watched the map. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wasn't there some sort of prize also?  Like a washing machine, or something that was part of the winner's story.  My aunt used to watch that regularly.

I remember this show. The women had very sad stories, and the audience would vote using an "applause meter," which was not electronic or scientific in any way. 

The prize was usually an appliance, but it wasn't necessarily anything the "queen" wanted or needed. It was, I'm sure, whatever the show got from the sponsor. Even as a kid, I remember wondering why a woman whose husband's car broke down and he couldn't get to work won a dryer instead of a car.  

Jill R. would have been great on that show, telling her tragic story of being attacked by a demonic can of green beans. I would have liked her to win a five-year supply of baby food just for the image of DBD shoveling down a couple dozen jars of strained peaches in one sitting. 

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Searching for balls 🤣

Grifting golf balls! 🙄 When she was showing off the pool area, all I could think was how much her kids would enjoy it.  Of course, her children will never get to swim in a pool that nice because 1) DBD and BME would never take the kids to a place that nice and 2) an even halfway-nice establishment would never let anyone swim in street clothes.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It's a contest who has it worst: Esther far from home with her crazy husband, Anna and her jailed headship, and Jill and David Rod with their underfed waifs and endless stink bus begging tours.  

The Kellers are an interesting group. Some appear to have dodged the fundie bullet, but others, ouch! 

There’s no doubt in my mind that Esther would win.  That poor woman… my heart breaks.

• Sad 13
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

E50BEDB8-361B-4822-B356-11B22D35D11B.jpeg

8ECE21D7-7BE6-429C-A507-6B62072B15CD.jpeg

I call bullshit on that bullshit, but if it happens to be even somewhat true, those pinched pennies could’ve been used to buy the waifs some decent, well-fitting shoes and clothes.  I’ve decided that DBD is as narcissistic as Jilly Bean, and they’re both a POS.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 19

Notice how she snuck in there that OF COURSE she gets nice things because she is holier than thou.    Guess feeding your kids is not something God wants her to do.

She knows people were questioning how she could afford another vacation so soon.    She can pretend to ignore the "haters" but it really gets to her that everyone doesn't automatically think she is the bestest thing ever.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 11
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

Searching for David's balls. Yeah, makes sense. Probably hard to find under all that gut. 

(I'M SORRY! I COULDN'T HELP IT!)

If Jill wants to find David's balls. she should check her purse.  I'm pretty sure that's where she keeps them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 19

So, Jill pinched even more pennies to pay for their tickets for Sea World. That's not a cheap date, bitch. 

And the rental car. Why not fly in and rent a car in Florida? Especially since this trip was supposedly planned so far in advance. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure Kaylee (who should be planning a wedding) and Renee were in charge. The older girls down to Hannah probably did everything while the boys loafed around and watched the map. 

Didn’t Jill just make a big deal out of “school” starting for the kids??

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Didn’t Jill just make a big deal out of “school” starting for the kids??

What is more important, BME’s anniversary vacation or school? In JillR’s world, it’s always all about her. I’m sure Renee and Kaylee are just as qualified as BME to hand the Rodlets a used workbook. JillR is a lying liar.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • Love 5

I had a Rod dream last night(or nightmare..lol). I never dream about these people or the Duggars. Jill had all these pill cases and I pretended to really like them, to explain why I opened them up. They were loaded with pills for the kids. The kids were in the dream, though the names were different for some and she had a 3 year old. Jill was the same though. I eventually told her that all her kids hated her..lol.

• LOL 11
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Their kids are dying from hunger/jealousy! No sea world for the rodlings.

I feel sure that the children have never been to Sea World.  It’s like BME is rubbing their noses in it: “Look, children!  We got to go to Sea World and play with the dolphins, and it was SO MUCH FUN!” That fucking bitch infuriates me!

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

When Mama told us the Bible says she needs to celebrate their 25 Years of Holy Matrimoney ✝️we all said Go to Florida! 🏖️Stay in a Good Hotel! 🏨Rent a car! 🚔Do fun things like Golf 🏌🏻‍♂️and See World! 🐠Eat in the Nice Olive Garden! 🥫You deserve it for having 13 children and working so painstackingly hard with Plexus and God!

I just felt it needed that something extra.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I feel sure that the children have never been to Sea World.  It’s like BME is rubbing their noses in it: “Look, children!  We got to go to Sea World and play with the dolphins, and it was SO MUCH FUN!” That fucking bitch infuriates me!

If a ticket is $100 each no way Jill spending $1200 on the kid’s tickets alone. ( I don’t know how much a ticket is. Randomly picked $100)

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

If a ticket is $100 each no way Jill spending $1200 on the kid’s tickets alone. ( I don’t know how much a ticket is. Randomly picked $100)

For adults, they're listed at something like $135 apiece, but there are discount coupons galore for Sea World in Orlando, so they'd be suckers to ever pay that much.  It's not hard at all to get in for less than half of that.  Of course, $60+ apiece for 10 or more kids isn't cheap, either.  I think a kid who is 10 or older pays the adult rate while kids between 3-9 pay less and kids under 3 are free.  There are also a lot of deals where a paying adult gets one free kid's admission.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

I wonder if the creatures at Sea World saw David as a big, tasty lunch. Jill needs to be careful where she takes her man. It's not just comely young women in shorts and halter tops that have their eyes on the Hunk. His appeal is cross species. 

• LOL 15
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if the creatures at Sea World saw David as a big, tasty lunch. Jill needs to be careful where she takes her man. It's not just comely young women in shorts and halter tops that have their eyes on the Hunk. His appeal is cross species. 

They were sitting no where near the front 🤣

• Thanks 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

For adults, they're listed at something like $135 apiece, but there are discount coupons galore for Sea World in Orlando, so they'd be suckers to ever pay that much.  It's not hard at all to get in for less than half of that.  Of course, $60+ apiece for 10 or more kids isn't cheap, either.  I think a kid who is 10 or older pays the adult rate while kids between 3-9 pay less and kids under 3 are free.  There are also a lot of deals where a paying adult gets one free kid's admission.

Now it's all making sense - if they don't eat, they look younger!!!

Actually, no. Nothing about this family makes sense.....

• Sad 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't think they'd find him tasty. And he'd probably constipate them.

• LOL 12