Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As far as I can see, field hockey stick eyebrows were never popular at any time. The NotNurie may have 90s brows. My preference is something close to the 50s/00s brows.

image.thumb.png.27172386285314cf7821a3c152c53233.png

None of these have the super arched part on the inner eye, like Nurie’s. Only the outer eye.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

None of these have the super arched part on the inner eye, like Nurie’s. Only the outer eye.

Yup. For obvious reasons the JillR eyebrows were never a thing. Ever.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Has there been any word about how Phillip is doing in college?

Phillip is used to sitting in a chair listening to someone lecture, so he's probably doing OK at the bible college unless he's running out of money. The school tries to find jobs for students to avoid their leaving because of money, so he could be working part-time too. 

Jill's too busy grifting and planning for the anniversary/wedding extravaganza to write a post supposedly from Phillip. Eventually, we'll get a "Hello! This is Phillip Rodrigues on my Mahmo's phone" post, complete with emojis, odd capitalization, and praise for BME.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill TEASED poor Tessie's hair. She's too young to have done that herself.

I had to look twice at this picture because the girl on the bottom right looks like Janessa. Counting the girls, it's likely it's Sofia. She could have been Janessa's twin. Hopefully Janessa won't look as ill as little Sofia does now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Ok, so I may be behind in the beauty world, but I have never done anything to my eyebrows, aside from trimming the odd overgrowing hair or two.  I was never a fan of the drawn-on look and felt that it was a lot of stuff to go through just to conform two small strips of hair on my face (being of Eastern European descent, Lord Daniel knows I have enough facial hair to contend with without adding in eyebrows). So I really do not understand why this minutiae is a priority with Jill.  I mean really, she supposedly has a super-busy schedule oiling the grift machine, homeschooling, taking care of her man, cooking delicious home-made meals, being an outstanding homemaker/decorator/gardener, running her Plexus empire, maintaining her social media kingdom, going to church, planning weddings, going on vacations, dinners out with her hunk, and generally (supposedly) raising her brood.  So why is there such a need for her to pay so much misdirected attention to her daughters and their looks?  Those girls are naturally beautiful.  So why not LET them be beautiful?  And let them choose how they look for themselves?  I'm sure the teens and tweens would LOVE to explore different hairstyles and makeup looks on their own, as well as develop their own likes/interests.  Just like a good parent should, she should set guidelines and let them do their thing!  Oh, wait...narcissist. 

Yeah I have virgin brows because my mom said NEVER touch them so I never have (just pencil and brow gel if I’m doing a fill face of make up).

Brow shape really can change your makeup look (for better or worse) so I understand why some people spend a lot of time on them, but I think Jill wants to control EVERY ASPECT of the girls’ “presentation” to the world because they are extensions of herself- not individual people. 

• Sad 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill hasn't acknowledged Hannah's birthday yet. I'm worried that her picture will have her freshly plucked eyebrows. 

She got to Tessie's at that age. 

I get pissed off just thinking about it.  Also, Hannah has gorgeous, healthy hair.  How long will it be before it looks like Renee’s?

• Sad 10
12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

How long until her natural eyebrows are Jillercized? 😔

Anytime now. 

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For some reason JillR is mostly leaving her girls' hair alone now. For years she curled their hair the minute it was long enough.

image.png.ad309289c3a2e9c5a5163103358717d0.png

Strangely, I’ve been following this family for years and the dark haired girl between Sofia (the janessa lookalike) and Hannah is totally unfamiliar. 

tessie’s hair looks ridiculously teased!

• Applause 1
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Anytime now. 

Strangely, I’ve been following this family for years and the dark haired girl between Sofia (the janessa lookalike) and Hannah is totally unfamiliar. 

tessie’s hair looks ridiculously teased!

That's Angry Olivia. She's left out of a lot of pictures. 

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1

I think Olivia is our one shot at a defection and a tell-all.  She is the forgotten Rodling who never seems to have her turn.  She is still years away from being marketed for marriage and seems to fall through the cracks a lot. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, oliviabenson said:

DBD70781-8599-4498-9FF8-ACF3969C9109.jpeg

I know I am late to reply on this post, but just now watched it.  Nurie appears to be riding in a van, in the rain and seems distracted.  Probably getting ready for Hurricane Ian and yet, she had to do this video for BME.  

• Sad 13
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is diarrhea really considered weight loss? I thought that came from consuming fewer calories over time. No wonder she has to keep taking this stuff. A few days after stopping, the weight comes back. 

Plexus will get rid of any excess fluids that may make you look fat.  It only works if you normally retain water.  The results are also temporary.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Plexus will get rid of any excess fluids that may make you look fat.  It only works if you normally retain water.  The results are also temporary.  

Jill looks puffy in a lot of her photos. Maybe her body is fighting back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Is diarrhea really considered weight loss? I thought that came from consuming fewer calories over time. No wonder she has to keep taking this stuff. A few days after stopping, the weight comes back. 

I had a CT scan today. Having had the barium drink, I got my reset! 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's Angry Olivia. She's left out of a lot of pictures. 

I feel like I literally have never seen her before!  Which is so strange, considering the amount of time we here spend on following these people!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Who envies them? 🤣

Jillpm and fundies in general seem to think they have the best marriages by default because they don’t have sex or kiss before marriage. That heathens can’t possibly have a good relationship. It’s what they drill into their kids head from a very early age. If they have sex before the wedding night, even with the person you marry, there is irreparable damage done, and your marriage cannot ever be as good as it could have been had you waited. Waiting to kiss puts you on an even higher horse to look down from.

In reality, zero people envy them.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 13
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Jillpm and fundies in general seem to think they have the best marriages by default because they don’t have sex or kiss before marriage. That heathens can’t possibly have a good relationship. It’s what they drill into their kids head from a very early age. If they have sex before the wedding night, even with the person you marry, there is irreparable damage done, and your marriage cannot ever be as good as it could have been had you waited. Waiting to kiss puts you on an even higher horse to look down from.

In reality, zero people envy them.

This nonsense works only because both partners--but especially women--are taught to suffer in silence if/when the marriage goes bad. 

No envy here. 

• Sad 7
  • Applause 12
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Trillium said:

illpm and fundies in general seem to think they have the best marriages by default because they don’t have sex or kiss before marriage.

DBD was an adult male ogling a teenage Jill.  I seriously doubt he was a virgin when they were married.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“This is our new CD. I hope you like it.”

Screenshot from a video:

6211FF53-6A46-409D-A3A5-C75FAA7B6B95.jpeg

No, I won't like it just like I don't like you, Jill. Take care of your kids and stay away from the girl's eyebrows. They are beautiful girls and they outshine you already. 

34 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

DBD was an adult male ogling a teenage Jill.  I serioiusly doubt he was a virgin when they were married.

And now he is stuck with her. I hope she drives him nuts all day. 

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This nonsense works only because both partners--but especially women--are taught to suffer in silence if/when the marriage goes bad. 

No envy here. 

If I were envious, please have me checked into a facility somewhere for an evaluation. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8