Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Oh god, that his horrifically sad.   Playing house fine.   All little girls do it.   but to be so specific about being pregnant?   What that house must be like with Jill's focus on pregnancy all those years and now focused on wanting another one.   UGH.    Honestly the mental abuse of these kids is scary.   Even if they get away from Jill, they will never be okay without a LOT of theory.

On the other hand, maybe Sophia was just doing the housework Jill won't and Jill made up the story because she saw somewhere on social media a complaint that she doesn't do any housework and the kids never play because she makes them do all the work?

Well I think they do play because a while back ( last year?) Jill posted a picture of one of the girls playing train. She had all of her stuffed animals lined up on a ladder ,I think, but it was sad because it looked like there was stuff all around the ladder. Made me twitchy looking at it because it was so tight. So it seems like they are allowed imaginative play.

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well I think they do play because a while back ( last year?) Jill posted a picture of one of the girls playing train. She had all of her stuffed animals lined up on a ladder ,I think, but it was sad because it looked like there was stuff all around the ladder. Made me twitchy looking at it because it was so tight. So it seems like they are allowed imaginative play.

I think they're allowed imaginative play within strict parameters.  I'll bet the little girl playing train was pretending she was the mommy taking all of her stuffed animal children on a ride and not the conductor or the engineer on the train.  

Just like the little girl playing house can do pretend chores and pretend to be pregnant.  God forbid she would want to pretend to be the Mommy or Daddy going off to work at a job.  Then again, in their world, Mommies and Daddies don't have jobs.

When I was a kid, we played house a lot.  My older sister always got to be the mom.  Sometimes I was her friend/neighbor, but, just as often, I played the dad, going off to work in the morning and arriving home at night to eat dinner and play with the kids.    Interestingly, my sister grew up to be a very talented full time homemaker while I ended up going out and working full time all my life.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Its funny I hardly ever, or maybe never played house growing up and really wasn't into dolls, but I always knew I wanted to be a mom. As a child I climbed trees, road bikes and liked to build and fix things. I was also the neighborhood big sister to the young kids.

I am a mom, my most favorite job in the world, but I also like to be outdoors and still like to build and fix things. Rather than the neighborhood big sister I'm a therapist.

I'm so glad there were no boxes that our parents put us in. We were free to explore and engage in activities of our choosing.

The Rods boys have to preach for Jesus and the Rod girls have to breed for Jesus. So very, very sad.

• Sad 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
On 9/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, oliviabenson said:

A2D676F7-6BF1-4EED-9E25-63CBAC3762F7.jpeg

0EE5E575-2912-4590-BA7A-32AD779EA353.jpeg

Barbie Jill 🙄

51B931AB-E95B-487C-B4A6-C4BF7BB7FC49.jpeg

“Our hearts left full and joyful!”  What about the rest of you, Jill?  Did you leave the rest of your body there??

Why does Jill always have those stringy strands of long hair hanging around her face in front of her ears?  It would irritate the hell out of me if I had those hanging around my face.  Why doesn’t she just pull those strands back into an updo with the rest of the hair?  I’ve seen some of her daughters do the same thing, especially Renee.  Speaking of Renee, her hair is completely destroyed.  Every hair on her head looks dead.  I can’t imagine what she did to cause that, unless she fried it with a too-hot curling iron.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone her age with hair that unhealthy-looking.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

“Our hearts left full and joyful!”  What about the rest of you, Jill?  Did you leave the rest of your body there??

Why does Jill always have those stringy strands of long hair hanging around her face in front of her ears?  It would irritate the hell out of me if I had those hanging around my face.  Why doesn’t she just pull those strands back into an updo with the rest of the hair?  I’ve seen some of her daughters do the same thing, especially Renee.  Speaking of Renee, her hair is completely destroyed.  Every hair on her head looks dead.  I can’t imagine what she did to cause that, unless she fried it with a too-hot curling iron.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone her age with hair that unhealthy-looking.

I think Renee has naturally curly hair that is blown dry, teased and flat ironed until it is fried.  I presume BME doesn't approve of natural waves and ringlets; so Renee has to torture her hair into submission.  She needs a moisturizing masque and a good haircut, IMO; followed by some curl creme.

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Dollar Store sells a variety of hair products, so these things won't break Jill's childcare budget. Didn't she study hairdressing at some point? 

As for Sophia's play, she imitates what she knows in her limited world. That might include the unlikely role of making radio broadcasts from a chair facing a toilet, of course. 

• Sad 7
  • Love 1

I think that picture of the stuffies on the ladder was taken during the building/renovation of the barndo.  The ladder was sitting around, and the child decided to play with it.  That's why all the stuff was all over the floor.  Probably not the safest place to be playing as I am sure there were tools and nails all over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Get that child some Barbies.  Our Barbies and Kens were married and sometimes Barbie was pregnant.  Although there was that time my brothers GI Joe stopped by and took Barbie for a ride in his jeep.  

I feel like those poor kids don't have any toys.  Not even yard sale or thrift store toys.  

• Sad 12
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Get that child some Barbies.  Our Barbies and Kens were married and sometimes Barbie was pregnant.  Although there was that time my brothers GI Joe stopped by and took Barbie for a ride in his jeep.  

I feel like those poor kids don't have any toys.  Not even yard sale or thrift store toys.  

BME and DBD won’t spend a penny on their kids. They are too busy eating out and going on getaways. This is the woman who gave Janessa a freaking diaper as part of either a birthday gift or Xmas present. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, SMama said:

BME and DBD won’t spend a penny on their kids. They are too busy eating out and going on getaways. This is the woman who gave Janessa a freaking diaper as part of either a birthday gift or Xmas present. 

A diaper in a brown paper bag for her birthday.

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Mahmo has a big pile of stuffed toys in her closet just for herself 

Yes, she does. They're on a high shelf in her big closet. Janessa has a dirty rag to chew on.

Even if they had toys, would these kids have unstructured time to play with them?  Everything they do seems to be Jill planned and led. Jill-supervised fun time is all she shows on social media, but I guess a child playing quietly with a toy wouldn't be nearly as interesting as Jill front and center leading a game. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

A diaper in a brown paper bag for her birthday.

What? Why? I mean, what? I am sitting here totally stunned. What the hell?... I am speechless, I don't know what to say! Did she give any explanation why she would give her daughter a diaper in a brown paper bag? Not that there is any good reason. Or any reason at all. What a total fuck up she is! 

• Sad 3
  • Applause 4
18 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

At least it sunk in to stop saying her ma's brain is "broken."  Guess she realized that wasn't the griftotunity she thought  it was.   In fact, is JILL okay?   No mention of send money anywhere in that post.

Hey, she had a "literal" ache of the heart.  She should've called a doctor.  Perhaps she's ill.  🙂

• LOL 12
33 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

At least it sunk in to stop saying her ma's brain is "broken."  Guess she realized that wasn't the griftotunity she thought  it was.   In fact, is JILL okay?   No mention of send money anywhere in that post.

I guess God has taken care of the Noyeses' severe financial problems. That's wonderful.  We'll hear no begging from Jill for her parents. However, Kaylee's wedding, Phillip's school, Jill + David's anniversary celebration, and Tim's flying lessons still need public funding, so keep your wallets ready. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, beckie said:

That's the first picture I've seen of Sofia where she didn't look like an ill, unkempt urchin.

I’m pretty sure that Jill has used a filter on Sofia’s face, which is why her skin isn’t the usual gray, the dark undereye circles are barely noticeable and her face is more filled-out than usual.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 9
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m pretty sure that Jill has used a filter on Sofia’s face, which is why her skin isn’t the usual gray, the dark undereye circles are barely noticeable and her face is more filled-out than usual.

I think she did too.

• Sad 5
56 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Does that mean that she is actually aware how in poor health her child looks? Of course in her narcissistic mind the rational thing to do is use a filter, not seek medical attention, or feed her child. Those two are abhorrent creatures, hope Satan is setting aside the worst corner of hell for them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Jill reads comments. A round of criticism here and elsewhere almost always leads to a new post about God helping her through persecution or a bunch of photos to show what people are saying just isn't true. I have no doubt Jill would filter Sophia's pictures just as she frequently filters her own (goodbye nose, chin, wrinkles, extra pounds) and occasionally those of the rest of the family. She may not trust or believe her critics, but she is obviously insecure about her image. Poor kids. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think she did too.

Yeah, she did.  I have a friend who knows all about filters, and I asked her look at it.  She said it’s definitely filtered.  Isn’t it pathetic that Jill knows exactly how sickly Sofia looks but she does nothing about it other than hide it with a filter?  Great parenting there, Jill, you narcissistic POS!

• Sad 12
  • Applause 7
41 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yeah, she did.  I have a friend who knows all about filters, and I asked her look at it.  She said it’s definitely filtered.  Isn’t it pathetic that Jill knows exactly how sickly Sofia looks but she does nothing about it other than hide it with a filter?  Great parenting there, Jill, you narcissistic POS!

She never worried about how Sophia looked before. 

• Sad 7
  • Applause 2

I think JillR started to address SM (snarker) concern about Sophia about a month back. She introduced her in church as their "little one". Then she started to make her hair look better. And now she's filtering her pics. She likely just thought that up.

But still, I can't imagine no one in real life hasn't asked questions or shared their concern about Sophia. Something like, oh my Janessa is soon going to be bigger than Sophia, or well bless her little heart, I'm sure her doctor has told you everything is okay, or that one blunt person in every crowd who says, you need to get your little one checked out, that's just not right, have a blessed day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But still, I can't imagine no one in real life hasn't asked questions or shared their concern about Sophia. Something like, oh my Janessa is soon going to be bigger than Sophia, or well bless her little heart, I'm sure her doctor has told you everything is okay, or that one blunt person in every crowd who says, you need to get your little one checked out, that's just not right, have a blessed day.

But sure no one in real life will keep bringing it up.   "Oh her pictures looks just fine, I must be imagining that she looks starving in real life."   Sure Jill.

So will there be another sudden move to avoid CPS?  Because if Jill is filtering the kid in pictures and suddenly caring how she looks, SOMEONE has said something that has her worried.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I feel like this isn't the first time Jill has posted pictures of some daughters pretending to be married to a broom.  Seems like I have seen this before but there were two sisters who did it last time.  

I guess Sophia is just wishing to be like Nurie, married and pregnant.  

• Sad 9
  • Love 1

Some more Bates drama. Apparently one of the newest DsIL, Tiffany, unfollowed the entire Bates family on IG. Also, Tiffany wished another Bates DIL, Whitney, happy birthday and Whitney thanked every post individually, except Tiffany's. Like I said in the Bates' thread - its like a bad soap opera.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Some more Bates drama. Apparently one of the newest DsIL, Tiffany, unfollowed the entire Bates family on IG. Also, Tiffany wished another Bates DIL, Whitney, happy birthday and Whitney thanked every post individually, except Tiffany's. Like I said in the Bates' thread - its like a bad soap opera.

That is Lawson's wife. 

• Useful 2

Hey Jill how would you know Timothy Thomas is a passionate husband? 😉😉😉

And now men can work sell plexus under Jill… guess her sons can sell plexus at work/school. 

and Jill doesn’t mother, teach, can’t sing, can’t plan decent weddings, have any more babies etc. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Hey Jill how would you know Timothy Thomas is a passionate husband? 😉😉😉

And now men can work sell plexus under Jill… guess her sons can sell plexus at work/school. 

and Jill doesn’t mother, teach, can’t sing, can’t plan decent weddings, have any more babies etc. 

And, for that matter, how do you "wife"? As much as nouns have a long history of being used as verbs, I've never seen it used that way.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

She just can't stop mentioned she is a baby factory.   Honey, the factory is shut down due to lack of materials.   Just stop it already.

But you know she is IRKED as hell she didn't make enough to get a free trip to Hawaii.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 3
Just now, Ljohnson1987 said:

Katie Clark (Bates) and her husband are naming their daughter Hailey James. I'm surprised by the middle name choice, but I don't hate it. I bet she's trying to be trendy. 

James is Travis' middle name. She mentioned that girls spell it Jaymes, so I think she's going that route with the middle name (otherwise why mention it at all?). No clarification on how they are spelling Hayley. There are several choices.

15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

James is Travis' middle name. She mentioned that girls spell it Jaymes, so I think she's going that route with the middle name (otherwise why mention it at all?). No clarification on how they are spelling Hayley. There are several choices.

On a hashtag it’s spelled Hailey. 

• Useful 2