Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Oh, Evan... God doesn't control FMLA leave. 

Some Americans fought hard to give everyone that benefit. No “god” had any part in it. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and go to work and support your family, you dumb, lazy kid.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

EE91692B-2675-4116-B400-D020B7E8ACB2.jpeg

Growing church? How many members do we think it has? All of these churches seem tiny. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

In relation to one of the concepts that Jill seems to not understand - humility.

Today's sermon was on humility.  The priest described it as being in touch with reality.  I had never heard it described that way, but he used it in a way that does make sense.  Instead of thinking I'm going to grow a 50 x 100 garden when you've failed on a 5 x 10  plot before, it means aligning your thinking with your true capabilities.  So being grounded in true reality not dreams or misplaced expectations.  Jill misses that humility boat also.  She's grandiose and seems to have unrealistic expectations of life in that other people should support them, that they can have a dozen kids more than they're willing to work to support, that she's an excellent hostess, that she educates her children, that she properly feeds her family, etc.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yes.

Jill must be losing her grip reusing photos like that.

And who are these new marks?   More "sweet friends" we will never hear of again unless they fall for Jill's con?

I think the church is in Springfield Ohio and the family she tagged seems to have quite a few "children" of courtship age. I think one son may be the pastor of the church. But not sure on that.

The mom had a pic on her fb about loving her church and it looked like maybe 5 or 6 families.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

OK, not to be dumb here, but is the name of the church King James Bible Church  or is that just describing the church? I know Jill's grasp of grammar is somewhat tenuous, but the way it is phrased is confusing to me. I have never heard of a church named the King James Bible Church but that certainly doesn't mean it couldn't happen!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

OK, not to be dumb here, but is the name of the church King James Bible Church  or is that just describing the church? I know Jill's grasp of grammar is somewhat tenuous, but the way it is phrased is confusing to me. I have never heard of a church named the King James Bible Church but that certainly doesn't mean it couldn't happen!

OK, quoting myself here. I looked it up and that IS the name of a church in Springfield, Ohio. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I think the church is in Springfield Ohio and the family she tagged seems to have quite a few "children" of courtship age. I think one son may be the pastor of the church. But not sure on that.

The mom had a pic on her fb about loving her church and it looked like maybe 5 or 6 families.

So a new group of like minded KJV people for the Rods to grift with/for/from. JillR does it all, plus she entertains! But she is maybe now looking for someone for Renee to court. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Ahhh hoping to get Tim finally married off?  She needs more wimmin to do her housework 

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Unless I missed him in the videos, Timothy wasn’t on this trip.

Not to worry. Jill will have better luck grifting a prospective wife for Tim if he's not there. Renee would be a good prospect for a courtship except the barndo will have a staffing problem if all the adult daughters leave too soon. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In the latest installment of Jill's weekly radio show, she admits that she honors her husband by letting him "dip up" first at mealtime. As if there was any doubt. 

Dip up? That's a new one to me. Does that mean eat his fill? 

And of course, after he dips up, then she helps herself and if there's anything left, maybe the kids will get it. If they're not fasting, of course.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Not to worry. Jill will have better luck grifting a prospective wife for Tim if he's not there. Renee would be a good prospect for a courtship except the barndo will have a staffing problem if all the adult daughters leave too soon. 

No worries. Tessie and Hannah are old enough to step up to the plate. 🙄

• Sad 6

Screenshots from videos of recent trip. At one point David opens the door, I couldn’t hear if he said anything , and then leaves and closes the door. He didn’t even step in the room. Not Jill (I’m assuming she was filming) she is there filming while the kids are singing and then playing ping pong. She is just always right there.

9BAF7B60-4A37-4DFA-98FE-F10D766A989B.jpeg

C3145D23-6C26-45C6-972E-D3B13FB23F79.jpeg

8D1FD677-8BF6-4002-AAF8-4EEFDDFCBD07.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from videos of recent trip. At one point David opens the door, I couldn’t hear if he said anything , and then leaves and closes the door. He didn’t even step in the room. Not Jill (I’m assuming she was filming) she is there filming while the kids are singing and then playing ping pong. She is just always right there.

9BAF7B60-4A37-4DFA-98FE-F10D766A989B.jpeg

C3145D23-6C26-45C6-972E-D3B13FB23F79.jpeg

8D1FD677-8BF6-4002-AAF8-4EEFDDFCBD07.jpeg

So suffocating. As an introvert (who enjoys socializing when in the mood), being around so many others 24/7 would likely make me suicidal. Or just deeply depressed. 

• Love 17

Duggar friends the Bontragers literally trained their kids to be extroverts. Jill just throws her kids out there with no consideration for what they want. Poor Janessa is still dragging around a dirty blanket and sucking her thumb, clear signs she's not ready for these interactions, but Jill pushes her out there for the grift anyway.

• Sad 12
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No worries. Tessie and Hannah are old enough to step up to the plate. 🙄

Once your eyebrows are administered to by BME you are ready to run the household all by yourself. 😢

• Sad 9
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Some Americans fought hard to give everyone that benefit. No “god” had any part in it. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and go to work and support your family, you dumb, lazy kid.

Growing church? How many members do we think it has? All of these churches seem tiny. 

Growing church=newborn members birthed by current members. I’d be shocked if they get 1 new member a year.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Growing church=newborn members birthed by current members. I’d be shocked if they get 1 new member a year.

Do we know how long King James Bible Church has been around? Maybe it's new? I wonder how they hooked up with the Rods?

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ahhh hoping to get Tim finally married off?  She needs more wimmin to do her housework 

And new sets of eyebrows to mold into sperm shape

3 hours ago, beckie said:

Dip up? That's a new one to me. Does that mean eat his fill? 

And of course, after he dips up, then she helps herself and if there's anything left, maybe the kids will get it. If they're not fasting, of course.

Jill probably meant dip in.

Of course daddy digs in first. He gets first dibs at any food on the table or anywhere where he is at.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 8
56 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Do we know how long King James Bible Church has been around? Maybe it's new? I wonder how they hooked up with the Rods?

I posted a couple pages back about a website where people can find like-minded, right believing Christians, it's kjvchurches.com  I'd bet Jill uses it to find likely marks.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

“Rich fellowship”.  What’s the difference in that and typical fellowship?

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Duggar friends the Bontragers literally trained their kids to be extroverts. Jill just throws her kids out there with no consideration for what they want. Poor Janessa is still dragging around a dirty blanket and sucking her thumb, clear signs she's not ready for these interactions, but Jill pushes her out there for the grift anyway.

Sofia is 7, and she still sucks her thumb.  The only reason why Sofia isn’t dragging around the dirty blanket is because BME takes it from Sofia and gives it to 4-year-old Janessa. (I don’t know that for sure, but I can imagine that happening.  Janessa is the baby, after all.)

• Sad 7
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Speaking of Bontragers, I learned yesterday that Sarah Maxwell got married on 8/20/2022. Chelsy (Bontrager) Maxwell evidently posted pictures on IG but they're private. 

So there’s hope for Jana yet! I’m still amazed that Sarah was able to leave her parents house. Seemed like Steve must have had a change of heart or something, the Maxwell girls were never allowed to do much of anything, never mind get married!

Edited by ozziemom
Spelling fix
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So there’s hope for Jana yet! I’m still amazed that Sarah was able to leave her parents house. Seemed like Steve must have had a change of heart or something, the Maxwell girls were never allowed to do much of anything, never mind get married!

IF Jana wants to get married. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
On 8/27/2022 at 3:23 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Why yes they are. I've been saying this for weeks, since when it became obvious that he wouldn't be returning to work, throwing away five years of education.

What line of work was he in, that took years of education?  We so rarely hear about fundies being well educated or working for a non-family boss (hence having to follow the rules of the world regarding fmla, etc)

1 hour ago, awaken said:

What line of work was he in, that took years of education?  We so rarely hear about fundies being well educated or working for a non-family boss (hence having to follow the rules of the world regarding fmla, etc)

Evan is an electrician. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Evan is an electrician. 

In my part of the country, electricians are in high demand, and they make big bucks.  I feel sure that he could easily get a high-paying job, if he really wanted to work.  He could even start his own business.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In my part of the country, electricians are in high demand, and they make big bucks.  I feel sure that he could easily get a high-paying job, if he really wanted to work.  He could even start his own business.

Yeah if he has his license, he could run his own business.   IF he has the work ethic to do so.   Then he could work around Carlin's needs.   I do believe she has something wrong.   Sometimes doctors take forever to find out what is the actual problem.    I can hate how they are putting it all out on social media (and even finding it funny when their daughter reenacts mommy's fainting) while still being concerned for her well being.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah if he has his license, he could run his own business.   IF he has the work ethic to do so.   Then he could work around Carlin's needs.   I do believe she has something wrong.   Sometimes doctors take forever to find out what is the actual problem.    I can hate how they are putting it all out on social media (and even finding it funny when their daughter reenacts mommy's fainting) while still being concerned for her well being.

Carlin definitely has some kind of brain/neurological disorder.  I have faith that they’ll get to the bottom of it at Mayo Clinic and find an effective treatment so that Carlin can get on with her life.  She must be so worried or at least I would be. BTW, I think Carlin and Evan’s children are adorable!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He may have just screwed up those potential opportunities because he quit his first job after only a week or 2. He finished school, started the job, and then quit within weeks.

23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Carlin definitely has some kind of brain/neurological disorder.  I have faith that they’ll get to the bottom of it at Mayo Clinic and find an effective treatment so that Carlin can get on with her life.  She must be so worried or at least I would be. BTW, I think Carlin and Evan’s children are adorable!

Doctors here and on other forums have disagreed about it probably being neurological. 🤷‍♀️ She needs to see a psychiatrist next imo.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone interested in the craziness of Carlin and Evan's saga, check out the Bates threads. How the story unfolded and how its continuing is very bizarre and very suspect.

Thank you! I meandered over there and saw some familiar faces. :) And the discussion confirms what I have thought all along--that she is almost certainly faking. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Yeah but why bother, when filming and YouTubing his wife’s medical issues is so much easier and more lucrative!

• Sad 9
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Soooo the boys got to have fun while the girls got stuck inside listening to more speeches by Jilldo…

The guys get to do "manly" things! Women can't do that! I can't even imagine such a stifling existence. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

So Jilldo wasn't there to film the manly water skiing! I wonder who was? 

GWE?
Good to see she didn’t make the boys wear their “pool clothes” aka street clothes. I wonder why. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5