Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Jill's story of an attack on the KJV Bible made a better story than the reality of Tim's not having the literacy skills to keep up with his courses and Jill and David's realizing they couldn't afford the tuition. I wonder how long it took for the Rods to figure out Tim had no future at Moody. 

Tim knew within a few weeks that he wasn’t suited for college. He probably took placement tests and wound up in remedial everything. One knows how they are doing by the first test/assignment. Poor kid never a chance with his joyful noyse diploma. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 16

To our Jilly, Greek is a salad and Hebrew is a brand of hotdogs.  Growing up AOG, I had dipped my toes in the KJV as a child when attending the church's elementary school.  I'm sure it makes them feel superior to others, but you don't see many folks use their bible preference to win a fight.  She corrected someone on calling the tracts a business, and said it was a 'ministry'.  Wonder how the Lord, let alone the IRS, feel about that one. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

JillR is always quick to point out their work is a full time ministry. She is of course the most godly person and LOVES their work, it’s her calling.

Any update on Ma? Or is she relegated to the back burner now that the. grifting is done?

• Like 11
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

JillR is always quick to point out their work is a full time ministry. She is of course the most godly person and LOVES their work, it’s her calling.

Any update on Ma? Or is she relegated to the back burner now that the. grifting is done?

Ma who? Jill is over updating us because go fund me has reached its end. Wonder how much $ Jill got in the po box scam. Jill collected plenty free $. People who continue to donate to her must be wealthy and dumb. 

honestly why work if she grifts a free paycheck. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim knew within a few weeks that he wasn’t suited for college. He probably took placement tests and wound up in remedial everything. One knows how they are doing by the first test/assignment. Poor kid never a chance with his joyful noyse diploma. 

Tim knew something was wrong, but God laid the burden of becoming a missionary bush pilot on him. How could he be having difficulties at school unless Satan and KJV-denying professors were on the attack to thwart his calling?

I'm sure Tim never once thought to question why his parents would send him to college with the equivalent of an elementary school education, no money for books and food, and no social skills to help him navigate his new environment. In true Rodrigues cult thinking, someone or something else was at fault when everything fell apart. That's one lesson Tim did learn from from Photoshop Mama and Recliner Papa. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I thought Hosanna Plath was Nuries bestest friend?

And, as far as the pamphlets go, there's the totally slight possibility that David knows Spanish and the ones that went Mexico (or wherever) were in Spanish.

I guess if Jillybean can't be pregnant with Nurie, it's "special" that Hannah is because she's family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Do you think the Plaths might be off the brag  list because of what's been going on over in Plathville (second oldest girl dressing in a way Jilly would most Definitely object to and the parents, sadly, are not grunting sweetly at each other (ewwww).)? As far as I know, Hosanna is still pretty orthodox, but I don't know if that would matter a ton to Jill. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Do you think the Plaths might be off the brag  list because of what's been going on over in Plathville (second oldest girl dressing in a way Jilly would most Definitely object to and the parents, sadly, are not grunting sweetly at each other (ewwww).)? As far as I know, Hosanna is still pretty orthodox, but I don't know if that would matter a ton to Jill. 

Not to mention the modeling Micah does. A quick look at his insta showed me that he's allergic to wearing shirts 🤣

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

9 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Not to mention the modeling Micah does. A quick look at his insta showed me that he's allergic to wearing shirts 🤣

And the Plath parents are divorcing and the mom now occasionally drinks alcohol. And Lydia, the arguably second most Fundy child wears pants now.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I doubt the Rod kids have a clue what a best friend is. That's always been BME's role. However, it's nice that Nurie and Nathan are spending time with people their age without Momma there to supervise. Kaylee and Jonathan will find it difficult to go places and do things without Jill inviting herself to join them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, beckie said:

And, as far as the pamphlets go, there's the totally slight possibility that David knows Spanish and the ones that went Mexico (or wherever) were in Spanish

David's family is Portuguese, so, if he knows Spanish, it's because he studied it somewhere.  That makes me doubt he speaks Spanish.  Jill makes a big point of letting the world know they are not Hispanic.

As for Hosanna Plath, aside from the fact that the rest of her family has gone off the rails, she was Nurie's best friend back a few years ago when the Plath's show was just coming into being.  Now that Jill knows that Hosanna declined to appear on the family show except in the background and that she has no public social media presence despite being a professional musician who is apparently able to support herself; there is no reason for Nurie to be friends with her.  Jill wouldn't see the point in befriending someone who wouldn't call attention to her and who would be crazy enough to refuse a chance at tv fame.

52 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

2BD8BF68-8603-45BD-9ED0-2EFAB3D56563.jpeg

BD19355C-C3F9-4A4F-9AA7-C1BB7A45AC8D.jpeg

0E53A570-2400-43E5-BBE6-ABC85B83FF99.jpeg

2CCCF86C-D46B-4808-9F30-27D5C330AE41.jpeg

D57BB944-92FD-49B2-AD9E-27B1EEF94E7A.jpeg

I must say I am a sucker for little kids in sailor suits and saddle shoes.  He looks adorable there.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Were any of these so called best friends in her wedding party? I don't remember anything except for Mahmo being the Matron of Honor. 

I thought Hosanna was a bridesmaid, but I may be mistaken. Jasmine may have been as well, but I can't say with any certainty.

• Useful 1

So, if you are a straight woman who feels desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled when looking at some men's chests (Not Lawson, obviously eww), does that make the man sluttish for leading a godly lady astray?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

So, if you are a straight woman who feels desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled when looking at some men's chests (Not Lawson, obviously eww), does that make the man sluttish for leading a godly lady astray?  

No. It's never the man's fault. Further, they don't recognize that women have desires that can't be righteously fulfilled. 🙄

• Sad 10
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

David's family is Portuguese, so, if he knows Spanish, it's because he studied it somewhere.  That makes me doubt he speaks Spanish.  Jill makes a big point of letting the world know they are not Hispanic.

I must say I am a sucker for little kids in sailor suits and saddle shoes.  He looks adorable there.

He does. My son had one too and it is cute. 

She does make it a point that he isn't Hispanic because God Forbid! 

42 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

They got more than $6000 for free, not too bad. 

And I'm sure Jill got her hands on it. At least they didn't get up to $20K. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Have we ever seen a picture when Nemo is smiling?  Or reacting at all?  That is a cute picture, however.

Not that I remember. He has never been chunky either. I love squishy chunky babies!

At least when he isn’t around meme he isn’t bug eyed. Meme scares/overstimulates him.

• Sad 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, floridamom said:

David's family would speak Portuguese; not Spanish. 

David's family spoke English. His Portuguese father committed suicide when David was 5, and his mother is not Portuguese. I doubt David's father even spoke the language given he married who he did. 

Like David, I am half Portuguese, and I don't know a lick of the language. Portuguese families have been off the boat for generations.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evan's FMLA has been exhausted, and his company fired him. He is now an employee of the boutique.

Is Evan Carlin’s husband?  He was using FMLA because Carlin kept passing out/having seizures?

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Evan and Carlin are fools. 

And both are so immature that I’ll bet they will still keep the baby train rolling.  Did they ever find out exactly what was wrong with Carlin?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And both are so immature that I’ll bet they will still keep the baby train rolling.  Did they ever find out exactly what was wrong with Carlin?

No, and I’ve said what they desperately need is comprehensive birth control education. I used to provide that at Planned Parenthood .  . . I doubt they get it.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 8
56 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

No, and I’ve said what they desperately need is comprehensive birth control education. I used to provide that at Planned Parenthood .  . . I doubt they get it.

I haven’t kept up with Carlin and Evan.  What little I know is what I read on this forum, so I just watched a couple of their most recent videos regarding her health.  IMO you are exactly right, Cinnabon.  Their first priority should be to get on some type of very effective birth control immediately.  I wonder if her doctors have suggested that?  I saw her having seizures and fainting on the videos I watched.  I feel really bad for both of them but damn, they’re so immature.  Carlin seems to be not 100% with it pretty much all the time, but it’s hard for me to know if that’s because of the meds she’s on or if it’s just her being an airhead.  I hope she gets a definitive diagnosis soon.  If it were me or my loved one, I would probably tell the neurologist to get me an appointment at Mayo ASAP. I hate that Layla is having to watch her mother go through this.  That little girl is absolutely precious.  I wish she could come live with me until they get it all figured out.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure Tim never once thought to question why his parents would send him to college with the equivalent of an elementary school education, no money for books and food, and no social skills to help him navigate his new environment. In true Rodrigues cult thinking, someone or something else was at fault when everything fell apart. 

This exact thing happened to me and I’ve never gotten over the shame of it. 

• Hugs 17
  • Sad 9
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I hate that Layla is having to watch her mother go through this.  That little girl is absolutely precious.  I wish she could come live with me until they get it all figured out.

I hate that they are filming her watching her mother go through this for clicks. Poor little girl. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 10
  • Applause 2

I just watched the seizure part of the video. They're outside and while Evan is tending to Carlin, someone behind him is filming, someone on the other side of Carlin is just standing there (possibly filming too?) and Layla is standing near Carlin's head. At one (edited) point a messenger type bag appears under Carlin's head. Toward the end someone out of the shot pushes Carlin onto her side. It doesn't show Carlin coming to.

Also Evan said he caught her, but doesn't say where Zade and Layla were when it happened, but we know at least Layla was there. Maybe it was heavily edited but it all seems too neat and clean and quiet. Where are the bystanders? Car noises, or ANY outside noises?

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I hate that they are filming her watching her mother go through this for clicks. Poor little girl. 

All of these fundies are experts at exploiting their kids for money. It’s the family way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't she just use that pic to shill Plexus? 

Yes.

Jill must be losing her grip reusing photos like that.

And who are these new marks?   More "sweet friends" we will never hear of again unless they fall for Jill's con?

• Like 5
  • Love 1