Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill has a new picture on Facebook.  In it, Jill has her face practically glued to her mother’s face.  Jill has on a mask.  It’s pulled down below her chin.  F**king idiot.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 16
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

It's a new term to ,me, too, and I've been to med school.  I presume she has a bacterial infection or something post op.  Poor lady, this is how it goes after major neurologic injuries though.

I think 'head glands' may refer to the lymph nodes in the head and neck which become swollen with infections.  Like the swollen glands we hear about when kids have tonsillitis and such.

I wonder if Jill's hour and half hair washing stint contributed to an infection.  Who knows what products (or how much hair spray) she used, or how careful she was around the wound.  I'm sure it did not help the situation.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Love 9

I'm fascinated by an ICU that is allowing what Jill claims to be doing.  Either Jill lies or exaggerates or it's a horribly run ICU.  We do have photographic documentation of some of Jill's abuses so I'm leaning to it's a place I never want to be in for medical treatment.  It's definitely not like any ICU any member of my family has been in.  My mother was time limited visiting step-dad even when they thought he was dying.  

• Like 9
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'm fascinated by an ICU that is allowing what Jill claims to be doing.  Either Jill lies or exaggerates or it's a horribly run ICU.  We do have photographic documentation of some of Jill's abuses so I'm leaning to it's a place I never want to be in for medical treatment.  It's definitely not like any ICU any member of my family has been in.  My mother was time limited visiting step-dad even when they thought he was dying.  

From the photos she's posted, I'm not sure her mother is still in the ICU.  It looks like a regular patient room to me.  Might be a step-down unit which also usually looks like a regular hospital floor.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

That might explain how Jill is getting away with so much.  Thanks.  It's still horrifying what she's doing, but the blame is on her.

I found Pa Noyes website for the septic business.  His hours were 1700 to 2200.  It seems he was maybe selling an add on to existing septic systems and doing it after regular office hours.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They could even give plasma for pay. They could make a few hundred a month, per person doing this. That adds up when you’ve got eleventy billion people in the family.

I do this when I visit my daughter every other weekend. It pays for the gas, traveling food, and treats for the grandkids. If we had a plasma place in my town I'd do it every week.

• Like 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I do this when I visit my daughter every other weekend. It pays for the gas, traveling food, and treats for the grandkids. If we had a plasma place in my town I'd do it every week.

I’ve been donating plasma twice a week for nearly 8 years.  I haven’t done it for three months, since I needed to stop one month before my bilateral hip replacement surgery, 8 weeks ago.  But I was making $55.00, twice a week, so $410.00 monthly.

Even if Pat and Tim don’t have a Medigap Medicare supplement to cover out of pocket expenses, Medicare caps out of pocket to something like 7 thousand dollars per year.  Once you reach that, you pay nothing for the rest of the year. They should not have a catastrophic expense.

Edited by louannems
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I don’t think the Rodlings can spare any plasma. It would probably kill them. They are too malnourished! 

The girls should be working at the ivory cream booth. At least make some $ there. 

Ma and Pa Rodrigues can work in Walmart.

(who am I kidding no one is getting an actual job)

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I agree. I am appalled at the kind of behavior the hospital appears to be allowing.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I don't know why but I saw pictures looked like it was a mobile home to me as the first home was a mobile home that I bought. 

The home is very similar to a double wide mobile home.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if Jill's hour and half hair washing stint contributed to an infection.  Who knows what products (or how much hair spray) she used, or how careful she was around the wound.  I'm sure it did not help the situation.

She also had a plexus pink head band on her head and at one point there was a butterfly hairband on top of that. I doubt that helped much.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She also had a plexus pink head band on her head and at one point there was a butterfly hairband on top of that. I doubt that helped much.

Yeah the 2 hats are squeezing mas brain… is the hats so everyone can see ma is a woman? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought I read that Pa Noyes was now working at Walgreens.  Maybe it came to me in a Rodrigues nightmare?

ETA:  Just stopped by FB and saw the pictures.  Jill put eyeliner on her mom!  She is nuts! Her mother is in serious condition and she is confusing the situation with makeup and haircare--next she will decide to touch up her  mother's gray roots with a little hair dye!

Edited by riverblue22
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 8
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She said not that many adult grandkids that can give $ 

C7FCB32E-7767-46A1-B8C8-84E55075A588.jpeg

How does Jill know what the "haters" think? She doesn't allow comments on FB from anyone other than friends, and she doesn't allow comments on IG at all. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

She reads here and Reddit would be my guess.

And Jill keeps referring to her mom in the past tense… nice to know that Jill doesn’t think she will make it.

Jill your mom is alive quit saying my mom was etc.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Ma has 4 daughters who could work.  But sure NINE adult grandkids are not enough.  But then your kids over 18 have no cash to spare because they are supporting you 

Kaylee and Renee have to step up the earring production. 😂

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

the children started getting part time jobs around the age of 16 or 17 and still managed to be successful students.

Well its not like her homeschooling takes all the much time anyway.   Those kids have PLENTY of time for part-time jobs.   But we know that will never happen.   Jill will keep trying to grift and then complain those "heathens" hate her because they don't give her money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She said not that many adult grandkids that can give $. 9 are over 18. Apparently grifting is the only way to go. 

C7FCB32E-7767-46A1-B8C8-84E55075A588.jpeg

Jill is such a horrid, selfish, lazy grifter! This makes me so angry! I think that when you are begging for money, with no explanation of how it is spent or who gets the $$ (it's her and we know it!), then you do need to explain! I also think it's quite likely that she is harming her mother with all of her handling of her mother's hair, face and nails and the constant picture taking. It's just wrong in so many ways!

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 12

Jill wearing a mask on her chin with her cheek against her mother’s, suggests to me, there is a mask rule. Yet, except for the mask on Jill’s chin, there isn’t one picture with anyone wearing one at all.

• Like 4
  • Sad 12
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wearing a mask on her chin with her cheek against her mother’s, suggests to me, there is a mask rule. Yet, except for the mask on Jill’s chin, there isn’t one picture with anyone wearing one at all.

The mask rules in hospitals only apply to public spaces.  Once you are in the patient's room, the rules do not apply and masks are optional. However, most visitors are cognizant of the risks of COVID and the vulnerability of their sick loved ones and wear the masks and sanitize their hands and are generally very respectful of the rules even when they are alone.

There is no hospital in the entire world that is so well staffed that an employee can stand in every patient's room during visiting hours and enforce a mask mandate.  Jill's family needs someone in her mother's room 24/7 to prevent them from behaving like stupid jackasses.  There is not enough money in the world to pay someone to do that.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

The mask rules in hospitals only apply to public spaces.  Once you are in the patient's room, the rules do not apply and masks are optional. However, most visitors are cognizant of the risks of COVID and the vulnerability of their sick loved ones and wear the masks and sanitize their hands and are generally very respectful of the rules even when they are alone.

There is no hospital in the entire world that is so well staffed that an employee can stand in every patient's room during visiting hours and enforce a mask mandate.  Jill's family needs someone in her mother's room 24/7 to prevent them from behaving like stupid jackasses.  There is not enough money in the world to pay someone to do that.

Then Jill should be removing her mask properly, washing her hands,  and not wearing it on her chin, up against her mother.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill is such a horrid, selfish, lazy grifter! This makes me so angry! I think that when you are begging for money, with no explanation of how it is spent or who gets the $$ (it's her and we know it!), then you do need to explain! I also think it's quite likely that she is harming her mother with all of her handling of her mother's hair, face and nails and the constant picture taking. It's just wrong in so many ways!

It is certainly not helping her mother and it is, quite frankly, an invasion of her mother's privacy and an affront to her personal dignity for Jill to not only take photos but to post them on a public website when her mother is unable to consent.  If I were in her mother's situation, I would not want my picture posted all over the web.

• Like 8
  • Love 13
(edited)

She doesn’t even understand how much of a privilege it is to be in the hospital room with her mom. My mother was in the hospital during the peak of the shutdown and I had to wait in the parking lot. I have friends whose parents were having major surgery during that time and they were not allowed in. We were trying to figure out who we knew that worked at the hospital so that they could check on our parents and pass messages back and forth. Still, I know how fortunate I am compared to those who had to say goodbye to their dying loved ones over Zoom or FaceTime these past few years. The fact that she can’t be bothered to even put on a mask to protect her mother’s very fragile health is mind blowing.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

She doesn’t even understand how much of a privilege it is to be in the hospital room with her mom. My mother was in the hospital during the peak of the shutdown and I had to wait in the parking lot. I have friends whose parents were having major surgery during that time and they were not allowed in. We were trying to figure out who we knew that worked at the hospital so that they could check on our parents and pass messages back and forth. Still, I know how fortunate I am compared to those who had to say goodbye to their dying loved ones over Zoom or FaceTime these past few years. The fact that she can’t be bothered to even put on a mask to protect her mother’s very fragile health is mind blowing.

I went to visit my neighbor, who was dying of ovarian cancer, because she was lonely with no visitors except her husband.  I even tried to convince her best friend to let me sneak her in (a name badge and a white coat gets you almost anywhere) to visit, but she didn't want to break the rules.  I have two friends who lost parents to COVID and were unable to see them face to face until their final minutes.

Jill is just a reprehensible human being.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR should also be told that secondary infections contribute greatly to hospital deaths.

But if mama gets an infection, it won’t be the Rods’ fault. She will blame the hospital and/or other patients/their families. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

My dad died in December 2019, right before Covid. I’m glad he died then, instead of a few months later when we wouldn’t have been able to visit him. He wouldn’t have understood. And even then, because he was so sick (COPD and RSV (a virus like Covid), WE had to wear masks when we visited, both in his hospital room and later in his room in a nursing home, to protect him from further infections. Both facilities had masks available right outside the doors to his rooms. We certainly took no pictures of him while he was sick. I hope Jill’s kids take lots of pictures of her when she is old and dying and post them all over SM.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Hugs 6
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, louannems said:

I’ve been donating plasma twice a week for nearly 8 years.  I haven’t done it for three months, since I needed to stop one month before my bilateral hip replacement surgery, 8 weeks ago.  But I was making $55.00, twice a week, so $410.00 monthly.

Even if Pat and Tim don’t have a Medigap Medicare supplement to cover out of pocket expenses, Medicare caps out of pocket to something like 7 thousand dollars per year.  Once you reach that, you pay nothing for the rest of the year. They should not have a catastrophic expense.

Woah!  That is some decent coin!  

Seeing what medical stuff costs I am so glad I have decent insurance.  My employer also started offering AFLAC so I got that in the event of a catastrophic illness.  I honestly would rather be over insured that under.  So scary!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Who thinks Jill will expect her grown children (and their children) to help support her when she and/or David is older and ill?

I'm sure it'll be whoever is not married job. Probably an unmarried daughter. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I meant financially as well. She’ll expect them all to fund her as needed.

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I meant financially as well. She’ll expect them all to fund her as needed.

Might be Tim. I doubt he'll ever be married or live anywhere else but where he is now.

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am.

• Sad 17
50 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Who thinks Jill will expect her grown children (and their children) to help support her when she and/or David is older and ill?

what do you mean when older and ill?   She already expects it.   Not sure what Tim is actually doing but you know a big chunk of any money he does earns goes to BME and GWE.   Jonathan isn't even family yet and he is already springing for things for everyone.   

Apparently ebil government is only ebil for other people.   Medicaid to pay hospital bills are just fine.   Of course Jill can't grift from that so she has to do the GFM and the other send "support" direct so she can take THAT money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, clueless101 said:

I’m proud to be one of the ‘haters’ because I commented “ Beg,beg,beg” on her IG post yesterday.  

This deserves multiple reaction emojis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

9 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I expect Jill will keep a surplus daughter at home to take care of her, Hunk, and the house. The married children will take care of them financially, although without any education or work skills and a dozen kids each of their own to support, there will never be enough money to go around. Still, Jill and Hunk will demand a nice lifestyle while their grandchildren go without. That's what narcissists and their enablers do. 

• Sad 12