Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

This is a GIRL and she cannot wear anything, even a onesie, that her brothers wore.  But next year when she's pregnant with #4, they shouldn't have a shower because at that time they will have children of both sexes - or is that genders?  

Both sexes, not genders.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Bridal and baby showers are one of the few parties a Fundie woman can go to, so they don’t mind if someone has already had 2 or 3 already. Plus it’s a chance for Jill to get out her knickknacks, hit the dollar store and decorate every last inch of the venue. It wouldn’t be fun for her to have it at the Barndo, how could Dave study the map?

Edited by ozziemom
Forgot word
  • LOL 6
On 5/12/2024 at 10:45 AM, precious pupp said:

Excuse me, but how does one "girdeth (one's) loins???

Old timey speak for hitching up your robes in your belt so you can do battle without tripping on said robes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We love you Lord and may we.   remember, Marriage take 3 Everyday, every hour, every moment. 💕💕

I have read this "sentence" several times and still have no earthly clue what she means.  Up until this part, I was only partially convinced that Kaylee actually wrote this novella (constant misuse of commas not withstanding) but I feel certain that she did.

She means husband, wife and God.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think "wife" is far behind in importance in this trio.

yeah I think Kaylee is actually 4th. Mama, god, husband andKaylee....

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

I think you are correct.  Mama is definitely first in that relationship.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think you are correct.  Mama is definitely first in that relationship.

Jill has taken over the "umbrella" role instead of Dave, and, as we know, the umbrella is to have complete control over their children's lives forever.  I hope Tim and some of the other "adult" children will be able to break away like some of the Duggar kids.  I am afraid that Kaylee will be the Rod's "Jessa" and will not only go with status quo but double down and will worship her mother even more.

(Not sure why this double posted)

Edited by CalicoKitty
double post
  • Sad 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have read this "sentence" several times and still have no earthly clue what she means.  Up until this part, I was only partially convinced that Kaylee actually wrote this novella (constant misuse of commas not withstanding) but I feel certain that she did.

I think she took quite liberal inspiration from someone else's work.  It looks like portions were copied and adjustments made.

7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

This is a GIRL and she cannot wear anything, even a onesie, that her brothers wore.  But next year when she's pregnant with #4, they shouldn't have a shower because at that time they will have children of both sexes - or is that genders?  

That's a Jill reason and quite likely why it was nearly family only who attended.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We love you Lord and may we.   remember, Marriage take 3 Everyday, every hour, every moment. 💕💕

I still don’t think Kaylee wrote it.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

We love you both deeply sounds weird/gross. 

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Who is Kaylee trying to lecture to with this prattle?

Us the haters who follow her out of curiosity? 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think she took quite liberal inspiration from someone else's work.  It looks like portions were copied and adjustments made.

That's a Jill reason and quite likely why it was nearly family only who attended.

Well also Jill doesn't realky have friends.  Most everyone near her that is not her child has wised up to her grift.  They weren't giing to another Jill gift grab.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Kaylee is just doing her best to copy her mama, who preaches regularly to the whole world.  

It's like it's a contest for World's Best Christian. The humblebrag about "behind closed doors" was a huge 🙄 for me.

• Like 16
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s reply to Kaylee’s post:

A72D467E-26D7-4EC4-B42E-F02F6518A549.jpeg

Far be it from me to try to make sense of a Jill post, but if Jill can see AndKaylee and her husband, then it’s not behind closed doors. The post is literally talking about doing things on her own AWAY from her parents. Pay attention, Jill!

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
25 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Far be it from me to try to make sense of a Jill post, but if Jill can see AndKaylee and her husband, then it’s not behind closed doors. The post is literally talking about doing things on her own AWAY from her parents. Pay attention, Jill!

Well, she is following directions and having babies, so maybe that is the godly (sic) behavior behind closed doors to which Jill is referring.  But who knows with Jill--or anyone in this family.

• Like 4

That is Nurie's friend from the tea party in florida.

I think a courtship has been in mama's plans since then.

She graduated last year and wore full on southern belle dress for pics.

I am not sure if the older woman shown in the shower pics is her grandmother or not.

• Useful 6
32 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee showed us the real Jill. Jill is so not trim and looks her age. Will the real Mahmo please stand up lol.

I thought that was Nemo at first glance.  Dave was not a bad looking guy when he was young.  

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Does she even know what an apostrophe is? 

Maybe it’s best not to tell her, because that can lead to far more egregious errors 😆

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
(edited)

I'm going to check her magnum opus from the other day to check for them. 

Commas were plentiful. 

eta: Two apostrophes used. Both were possessives of the Lord, properly used. She probably saw that usage in the bible. She used "it is" several times, so no contractions to "it's." She may have written it out because she didn't know how to contract. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5

The Rod's should be on the grifting road now. They are performing at the same tent revival they are always at for Gabriel's birthday. The church with the creepy shoulder rub pastor guy and where Gabe got the 1/2 eaten cake from the potluck table while people sang. Last year it was a pudding cup with candles.

Tent revival May 19th through Gabriel's 18th birthday on the 26th.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
(edited)

Sofia’s face is so thin and long and the ears stick out so prominently, poor girl looks at deaths door. And her face is so sad. That poor child sees no joy and is the most mistreated Rod…

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 12

So Jill and the older kids went on a bike ride. And Nurie went, too.  At eleventy seven months pregnant.  In all fairness, bike riding can be done safely by pregnant women WITH PRECAUTIONS. But knowing these people and their propensity towards not following basic safety rules, I’m picturing Nurie riding along in her long-ass skirt and sandals, stopping every once in a while to untangle herself from the spokes.  Honestly, there are some beautiful hiking and biking trails in Ohio.  She would have been much safer taking a nice, leisurely stroll along one of the many paved trails than riding a bike and risking a serious fall. 

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess it's better than a regular bike. 

Here's the milkmaid. I think her name is Brianne.

Compress_20240519_134858_8802.jpg

She’s a very pretty girl but WTH??!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess it's better than a regular bike. 

Here's the milkmaid. I think her name is Brianne.

Compress_20240519_134858_8802.jpg

She looks like she’s auditioning for Cinderella.  If she’s 24, she’s too old for Samuel.  FYI- I’d say the same about their age difference if their ages were reversed.   Normally there’s just too much that changes for people in those 6 years. However I’m not sure that these people mature ever.   Jonathan and Kaylee haven’t - and they’ve been through one of the most stressful things in life - a NICU baby.  

• Like 11

He got a smart watch now he’s totally a big boy to be married off. 

Milk maid is a perfect description. Maybe she sneaks onto the Amish farm for some raw milk for the Rod family.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Maybe she has Jill's number and is trying very, very hard for her approval.  Then again, if she is that desperate to get a husband, she will under Jill's thumb forever.  Poor girl.  It depends on how much gumption Sam has.

Edited to add:  I just saw the musical "Cinderella" at the local playhouse last weekend.  If she can dance and sing she would fit beautifully in the cast.  Her costume is perfect.  It's like the local Lutheran pastor who had several small parts.  He played the wedding priest at the end, and he brought his own "costume", too.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 5
On 5/18/2024 at 3:13 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Does she even know what an apostrophe is? 

I was going to say, how many of her sisters are having a baby? lol

• LOL 12

I was wondering whether milkmaid was maybe Mennonite? Some orders of Mennonite will dress a sort of “Amish lite.” 

or she just enjoys dressing like a milkmaid in rural Switzerland.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

I was wondering whether milkmaid was maybe Mennonite? Some orders of Mennonite will dress a sort of “Amish lite.” 

or she just enjoys dressing like a milkmaid in rural Switzerland.

No, she's from a fundie lite family. People who have seen her SM report her wearing normal clothes. It's cosplay.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 6

per the milkmaids white kerchief---- if you look closely in the pics on jills socials....kaylee and Renee have on black kerchiefs....mmmm...is this a religious thing, an amish copycat type head covering, or are they just  trying to keep the hair neat and tidy on the bike ride...We will have to keep a lookout on future pics...

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

per the milkmaids white kerchief---- if you look closely in the pics on jills socials....kaylee and Renee have on black kerchiefs....mmmm...is this a religious thing, an amish copycat type head covering, or are they just  trying to keep the hair neat and tidy on the bike ride...We will have to keep a lookout on future pics...

All of the above?   Jill's latest idea of a mahdest head covering, except for her off course.    She gets to wear a baseball bonnet.

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No, she's from a fundie lite family. People who have seen her SM report her wearing normal clothes. It's cosplay.

I think we may have to drop the “lite” from that description if she’s been hanging out with the Rods.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think we may have to drop the “lite” from that description if she’s been hanging out with the Rods.

Isn't Jana D's friend Laura from a  non-fundie family? 

• Like 3

I wonder if it’s ever occurred to Jill that maybe the older kids would like to hang out and ride bikes or whatever without her going with them?  Nah, she’s too self-centered and arrogant to ever think about that.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4