Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

show everyone how far a $10 Dollar General card can go.

Not very.   Its Dollar General, not Dollar Tree (although same company).   DG has things that MIGHT be a dollar, but actually everything is more than that.   Dollar Tree is $1.25 Tree now.    So that $10 is not the incentive they think it is.   Especially combined with having to listen to Jill.   

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

5D601A36-4FD1-40BE-B8C1-792E50E44954.jpeg

Jill really does not care about her kids. A sweatshirt under a dress for modesty. Whyyyy…. Jill was showing off her pits in DR and that was ok right.

And a party dress? Why not a cute lighter long sleeved shirt under a casual sleeveless dress? 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee was offering a $10 GC to win as well. Pretty sure the GC is provided by Plexus.

I doubt the gift card was provided by plexus, but i bet the idea to offer a gift came from jill's recent "leadership training". Probably it was "offer a prize to get people to join" or something and Jill had some grift gift cards she could spare.

Kaylee offering a $10 gift card and then showing a drink that cost $4 or so was a bit funny though.

• Like 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Not very.   Its Dollar General, not Dollar Tree (although same company).   DG has things that MIGHT be a dollar, but actually everything is more than that.   Dollar Tree is $1.25 Tree now.    So that $10 is not the incentive they think it is.   Especially combined with having to listen to Jill.   

You also have to stay for the entire presentation to win. That was according to Kaylee, who pimped the same gig.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill got me again!
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

Jill purposely has the girls dress like ragamuffins. I bet she says, its blue day, then they grab blue dresses/skirts/shirts. She may tweak it, but she wants them looking like they're trying hard not to look poor, but are poor.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

I watched the video of them playing their instruments at a grift church.  Violins and clarinet are so out of tune.  Tessie does not hold her clarinet correctly and that affects her tone (because I’m sure Modest Mahmo does not allow her to hold it straight while she’s sitting as she may have to open her legs a bit.  I played clarinet for over 20 years Jill, and I never flashed anybody.).  No singing on the video.  Those kids may have become better on the violins and clarinet if they had some actual lessons but the IG video this morning hurts the ears.  Guitars and banjo aren’t bad.  Jill’s got an accordion which isn’t great either.  I can’t imagine being stuck in a church and having to listen to them share their “talents”.

That video was SEVERELY difficult to listen to. I rather listen to 5 cats screaming as they fight lol. It was horrible!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't like Dollar General. We have two by me and they always look dirty and messy. I rarely shop there. 

There is one across the street from me, and, I agree, it is dirty and messy.  I only go there if I am out of orange juice.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't like Dollar General. We have two by me and they always look dirty and messy. I rarely shop there. 

I go to dollar tree. One is so run down but has what I need. The second one is in a previous Walgreens which is a nice bright location but has worse choices. I usually am stuck going to the run down one. 

• Useful 4

The business model for Dollar General seems to be 'dark'. There are several within a half hour of me, and they all carry the same items, and they're all dark inside. Even the one that just opened a year ago. It's new and clean, but dark. It's got to be intentional, because they're all like that.

Jilly apparently thinking that a $10 gift card to anything is a big deal, is pretty funny, though!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And a party dress? Why not a cute lighter long sleeved shirt under a casual sleeveless dress? 

Really, Jill?  A zip-up sweat blouse under a party dress?  That poor child!  

Apparently Mahmo has never heard of cardigan sweaters in childrens' sizes.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Jill is messed up.   She has the girls losing weight . When as the plexus pusher, she should be …. If it worked like she advertises…. I’m just sayin 

ps everybody’s got a water buffalo, yours is fast but mine is slow 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone have a felonious router? I'll sign up for Jill's party if someone can break-in and and play some bad ass feminine song.

I would normally say just use Josh's, but his seems to have fallen victim to our judicial system once again.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12

Jill is such a great mom! She took her husband on a vacation that she won working for a company called plexus. How wonderful that they went on an enjoyable vacation. It’s so hard to parent 88 kids 24/7. But those 2 make it look easy!

The parents needed a reset!

• LOL 15
On 2/28/2024 at 11:34 AM, Trillium said:

They are going to do Neveah, aren’t they?

I swear, everyone that got pregnant in my high school in the mid/late 90’s named their girls Skye or Neveah. Since these people are basically stuck in that era and have the intellect of a high schooler, I can see them thinking “heaven spelled backwards” is super cool and original.

That's generous. Sixth grade is more like it. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
On 2/28/2024 at 6:13 PM, oliviabenson said:

Dave looks like he smelled something bad. 

2F31C1D1-EBFC-4188-A381-BBD76082D884.jpeg

F955B3DE-2B96-47CB-A777-57E9DD268022.jpeg

I am shocked (and slightly embarrassed, @dariafan) at seeing DBD actually holding one of his grandkids.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:43 AM, laurakaye said:

I picture the congregation doing that little smile and shuffle thing that parents do when attending their kids' 5th grade orchestra concerts...you smile at first, then it all goes south and you shift in your uncomfortable chair and pretend that the evening's event pamphlet is fascinating so you don't have to watch what's happening on the stage.

But by now, you would think the Rod kids could stay in tune with each other - it's basically been their singular job since they could hold an instrument.  And what they're doing is not easy, especially if they're all pretty much self-trained.  I would love to think that Tessie goes off-key on purpose once in awhile, but whenever I see the kids on stage, at least 75% of them look as though they'd rather be anywhere else.  Not everyone is a natural performer.

To become a good musician, you have to be taught by other good musicians who have good ears. Jill is neither.

• Like 18
(edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

6934D70D-700A-46B0-B089-FF324A43DCE4.jpeg

Good Gosh Gertie!  How many filters is she using?  She thinks she’s a super-model.  Not only does she think that she’s the most godly woman to ever exist but also the most beautiful woman to ever exist!  I wonder if she’s approached the Plexus higher-ups about her being “The Face of Plexus”?

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
11 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill looks pregnant?! 

97D739CD-F18E-4915-8203-21C508B41D7E.jpeg

Like second trimester pregnant.

Why you gotta say that ?    Please llama above !!!!

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill looks pregnant?! 

97D739CD-F18E-4915-8203-21C508B41D7E.jpeg

Like second trimester pregnant.

Yep.  I watched the swimming pool video and she was so sweet to the waifs that it was nauseating.  If God has “opened her womb” once more, I may sit down and have a good cry.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Really, Jill?  A zip-up sweat blouse under a party dress?  That poor child!  

Apparently Mahmo has never heard of cardigan sweaters in childrens' sizes.

She doesn’t give a damn about what The Waifs wear.  She should be embarrassed and ashamed to let those poor girls go out in public wearing those clothes but she’s not, because she truly doesn’t give a damn.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Thanks to filters she always looks different except her poorly maintained/cheap extensions. Can’t she buy decent ones? It’s not like she feeds her kids or buys Dave new clothes? And the wonderfully unique clown makeup lol.

• Like 3
On 3/1/2024 at 8:33 AM, oliviabenson said:

5D601A36-4FD1-40BE-B8C1-792E50E44954.jpeg

Jill really does not care about her kids. A sweatshirt under a dress for modesty. Whyyyy…. Jill was showing off her pits in DR and that was ok right.

A party dress with tube socks and sandals. 😩

• Sad 12

Slight, (very, very slight) kudos to Timbits for having an actual job where he is, presumably, working for someone. It is disheartening to see that so far all of the jr Rods have been made in the image of Jill. 

• Like 6

The kids got to go swimming in their mark friends' pool. It was being repaired last year after suffering damage from one of the hurricanes, so I don't think the Rods even visited last year. Poor Sofia is swimming in a full dress and leggings. 

I think these are the people with the boat, so I expect some of those pictures to trickle in this coming week.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Timmy is now selling insurance (licensed) and god bothering people and leaving bad reviews. He is definitely his moms kid.

It appears to be some kind of insurance MLM, to boot.

• Sad 8
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Where are you seeing this? I checked his FB, but I didn't see anything new. 

Someone on Reddit mentioned it. Ameriprise or something?

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Where are you seeing this? I checked his FB, but I didn't see anything new. 

Primerica!

• Fire 1
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The kids got to go swimming in their mark friends' pool. It was being repaired last year after suffering damage from one of the hurricanes, so I don't think the Rods even visited last year. Poor Sofia is swimming in a full dress and leggings. 

I think these are the people with the boat, so I expect some of those pictures to trickle in this coming week.

They are Pastor Vinny Sawyer and his wife in Florida. The Sawyers  seem to be financially comfortable and willing to put up with the Rods taking over their house, doing laundry, eating, and polluting their pool--for one afternoon, at least. Jill has Pastor Vinny's home and church as a must-visit on her Southern grift tour

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
36 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

They are Pastor Vinny Sawyer and his wife in Florida. The Sawyers  seem to be financially comfortable and willing to put up with the Rods taking over their house, doing laundry, eating, and polluting their pool--for one afternoon, at least. Jill has Pastor Vinny's home and church as a must-visit on her Southern grift tour

I was wondering about last year, since his pool was out of commission. 

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Primerica!

One person said Primerica, another said something else. So I am officially in the I Don't Know camp. But he does have aice as to sell limited kinds of insurance.

• Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

One of the worst "financial" MLMs. Get a real job, Timmy. 

No benefits, no health insurance.

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps the person was thinking he could possibly be working for that company, not that he is? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes, that's how I read it, as a suggestion, not definitive truth.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I was wondering about last year, since his pool was out of commission. 

Didn't they go out on the motorboat? Maybe they did that instead of the pool.  I also remember a photo of Dave sitting on the patio of the house, which I think was also from last year.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Didn't they go out on the motorboat? Maybe they did that instead of the pool.  I also remember a photo of Dave sitting on the patio of the house, which I think was also from last year.

Jill posts so frequently that it's impossible to go back and time check her. All their Florida trips bleed together for me. 😂

6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Oops!

• Like 5
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

No benefits, no health insurance.

I wonder how Heidi feels about giving birth outside a hospital environment with no drugs and no doctor. Heidi, this is your future unless your husband-to-be gets a real job with that wonderful thing known as insurance. Run while you still can. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

He's with a company called Globe Life Heritage (I think I got it all).  Low-ranked by the BBB. has to generate his own leads, which explains the run-in at the coffee shop that had No Soliciting signs posted. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's with a company called Globe Life Heritage (I think I got it all).  Low-ranked by the BBB. has to generate his own leads, which explains the run-in at the coffee shop that had No Soliciting signs posted. 

Yep, that's an MLM. I get recruiting emails from them about once a week despite repeated requests to stop. My second-to-last email response involved some profanity and still didn't stop them from sending another. They're as obnoxious as, well, god-bothering fundies like the Rodriguii. 

Edited by Heathen
Rodriguii, not Rodroguii
  • Like 8
  • Useful 5

Oh heavens, selling insurance where you have to generate your own leads is all about cultivating relationships.    Asking random people in a coffee shop then leaving bad reviews when you are told to stop is not how to go about it.   Of course, he will just claim persecution instead of change his approach.

I was so hoping that exposure to Heidi's family would change him.   Guess that Jill brainwashing is strong.

• Like 8
  • Sad 11
50 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oh heavens, selling insurance where you have to generate your own leads is all about cultivating relationships.    Asking random people in a coffee shop then leaving bad reviews when you are told to stop is not how to go about it.   Of course, he will just claim persecution instead of change his approach.

I was so hoping that exposure to Heidi's family would change him.   Guess that Jill brainwashing is strong.

Heidi's family is also fundie. Her mom is Jill's downline in Plexus. Sure, they seem to treat Tim better than his parents do, and probably have better social and people (and work) skills than Jill and David (a very low bar). I'm skeptical of ascribing too much virtue to them, even if they may be a good influence on Tim. At least, they're probably a better influence than his family of origin. 

Even if Heidi's family is a stronger influence on Tim than my skeptical view expects, I think it would take more than a few months of exposure for any real changes to take place in Tim's attitudes and coping skills. He's been programmed from birth to think and react in certain ways, after all.

• Like 19
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

I wonder how Heidi feels about giving birth outside a hospital environment with no drugs and no doctor. Heidi, this is your future unless your husband-to-be gets a real job with that wonderful thing known as insurance. Run while you still can. 

How old is Heidi? I think she's in the 20-21 age bracket. She could stay on her parent's insurance, at least until the first couple of blessings come along. Then Tim may have to get a real job with benefits!

• Like 6