Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm glad Gid has a way to self-soothe with Jill clone and the Yes Man for parents, but isn't he a little old to just have figured out thumb-sucking? I thought that came earlier. 

PS: Kaylee is officially added to my list of "Fundie kiddults I don't know how to deal with. I want to be kind because the Rodlets got some of the worst of a bad bunch of parents and that's not their fault but they're having a whole new generation fueled by plexus, grifting and misery and there needs to be some accountability or attempt to do better. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Gosh, I hope Timmay's tale contains some Mahmo-style exaggeration. Who wants to be on a highway with a guy who's been awake for 18 hours and then "hits the road running" for a 25-hour drive that stretches to 30 hours with traffic, stops, and cat naps? 

I'm sure BME was proud of her little highway menace for putting his own and other people's lives in danger. He obviously arrived in time for the family photoshoot and a trip to the supermarket with Nathan to stock up on food for the unfed hoard.

IIRC, he received at least one ticket along the way. Thank goodness he didn’t cause any accidents! 🤦‍♀️

• Like 10
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

I'm glad Gid has a way to self-soothe with Jill clone and the Yes Man for parents, but isn't he a little old to just have figured out thumb-sucking? I thought that came earlier. 

PS: Kaylee is officially added to my list of "Fundie kiddults I don't know how to deal with. I want to be kind because the Rodlets got some of the worst of a bad bunch of parents and that's not their fault but they're having a whole new generation fueled by plexus, grifting and misery and there needs to be some accountability or attempt to do better. 

Yes, she is Shroedinger’s cat. She makes me feel pity and annoyance!  

• Like 10
On 12/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

In more current news, Jill took down Renee's hair post. I hope it was at Renee's request. 

Also, Renee's salvation story is going around. I think it's on the Joy Baptist website, but anotnurierodrigues IG also posted it. Not fully saved until 18. She cried a little when talking about her last test, which must be the breakup with MM. 

I 100% can guarantee Jill & DBD spend plenty of time making their kids doubt that they are "saved" or going to heaven. I have some strong thoughts about that kind of crappy, abusive theology 😠

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I 100% can guarantee Jill & DBD spend plenty of time making their kids doubt that they are "saved" or going to heaven. I have some strong thoughts about that kind of crappy, abusive theology 😠

Yup, nailed it. Renee talked about her doubts about salvation. 

• Sad 10
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She’s gonna have another Gideon in 12 months of less he better get used to self soothing. And no pacifier? A lot of Rod offspring are thumb suckers. I never sucked my thumb.

No pacifier, they each get a nasty rag to suck instead.

• Sad 9
14 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I hope I'm misreading, but when I read "contenting" it makes me think J&K let Gideon cry rather than checking on him, and to comfort himself, he has to suck his thumb. It reminds me of Janessa with her blanket.  I would think J&K would check on him to make sure he's OK, and I understand not picking him up every time he cries, but reading that makes me feel a little sad for Gideon.  

I felt sad for Gideon the moment he was conceived.

• Like 21
11 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And why is she spelling “savoring” that way? Is she British and we never knew it? 😆

If she's British, can we send her back?

She probably thinks British spellings look fancier.  Or she is so poorly educated that she doesn't realize that's not the traditional American spelling.  It could be either of these reasons.  It's hard to say with her.

• Like 9
  • LOL 10

I never thought I'd approve of Jill's "rules only apply when I can use them to judge others and they definitely don't apply to me when I'm chasing down a Social Media post." policy, but if it protects that poor exhausted kid for getting punished for falling asleep in church, I guess it's okay. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think she gets her spelling from the King James Bible. Where else would she be exposed to British English?

But AmeRiCaN eXcEpTiOnALisM! (She seems like the type to embrace this notion.)

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
15 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

🙄🙄🙄 she is excited over a $5 bag. 

C87FCFE8-E71B-4443-897D-D4E0445B091A.jpeg

She enrolled her daughter, who likely does not have the financial means to buy all this crap, to get a cheap ass bag. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 7
  • Applause 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Such a strange woman…..

9B0C4230-231C-47BB-A471-259BA065A895.jpeg

I sincerely hope this poor child didn't get in trouble for falling asleep in church, and Jill's post is just her pretending that this didn't enrage her in some way.

• Like 15
36 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I mean, the bag is a pretty decent Dagne Dover dupe... she probably could have spent less money buying the ACTUAL Dagne Dover bag than she spent on product to get her the bag for "free"....

Kaylee intro package cost $200+ plus Renee $200+. Jill could have bought herself plenty of gifts for $400 instead of making her girls buy plexus.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4

The one and only reason I feel for (andKaylee) is that she doesn't know any better and has never had the chance to find out. She has at least one parent actively pounding at all times that their way is the ONLY way, and poor picked on Kaylee has probably struggled to survive the upbringing,  much less even try to comprehend that any other thoughts or ideas were ok.

I hope she doesn't become a Jill clone, but it's looking like it, and that makes my heart break for her.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9

The older children (Nurie, Kaylee, Tim, and Nathan, Jonathan, and Heidi) aren't going to be at the barndo for Christmas this year. 

1. How does one-burnt-ham Jill have a pantry and refrigerator full this Christmas? 

2. Who paid for all the food with Nathan, Jonathan, and Tim away? 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The older children (Nurie, Kaylee, Tim, and Nathan, Jonathan, and Heidi) aren't going to be at the barndo for Christmas this year. 

1. How does one-burnt-ham Jill have a pantry and refrigerator full this Christmas? 

Funny how I looked at the pantry and fridge and it seemed like not enough food. Jill said Grandma was coming, does she mean her parents? I don’t recall Dave’s mom visiting them, especially at the holidays. 

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I swear I saw a Jill video of her talking about finishing up Christmas shopping and Kaylee & Jonathan were in the back seat. So I guess they paid!

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Funny how I looked at the pantry and fridge and it seemed like not enough food. Jill said Grandma was coming, does she mean her parents? I don’t recall Dave’s mom visiting them, especially at the holidays. 

It probably isn't enough food for all Jill's plans unless there's some potluck involved. However, considering what she usually has on hand, it's a bounty. The pantry generally has cleaning supplies, and the refrigerator is a place to store hummingbird sugar water. 

She probably means Ma and Pa Turtleneck. Has she ever had Dave's family over for a meal? Somehow, there's always a church friend or two who show up, people Jill hopes will give her money or a vehicle. Is she going to invite the Amish neighbors this year for her neighborhood bash? The last time she had them at one of her parties, they probably were glad to get back home and eat some real food. 

I'm sure we'll see lots of video and photos with the newly manicured pointing finger. 

• Like 11

Fridge was starkly empty a couple of days ago with only milk visible. 

We missed a disgusting "Jelly Belly contest." Poor Sadie got one of the nasty ones. Kaylee continued filming her throwing up and crying. The Rod cruel streak is apparently genetic. 😥

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Because I was half asleep and used disgusting twice.
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 17

FD3F9F13-249A-407F-AF30-B256693CBE28.jpeg

8E177371-A865-4324-9594-B15564144176.jpeg

B20E7679-0F73-44CC-B0E6-583556250E0E.jpeg

From reddit.

Good to know Mahmo has a whole drawer full of snacks just for herself. 

My mom fed me before herself. She made sure I was taken care of before herself period. How can such a horrible incubator have 13(!) kids that she doesn’t give a poo about?!

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 3

What's worse is that Jill is modeling her bad behavior and comma abuse to the next generation. Nurie and Kaylee show absolutely zero growth or independence. Tim has seen more of the real world, but even he still exhibits bad rod behavior at times, albeit less now that the Coveretts have influenced him.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I know nothing about kids/car seats but it looks like the car seat is loose as a goose. 

E024F129-A2E0-4283-945C-CC6F5BAABF9C.jpeg

And Jill says hi children to Kay and Jon. 
I bet $5 they bought the food for lazy Mahmo. 

EAC4AD7B-C9F7-4E2C-8E40-04B25130FBF7.jpeg

Is it me or does Jonathan looking very thin and drawn? I know he is chugging plexus. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet grandma (David’s mom) sent a check for the food).  Jill didn’t say grandma and grandpa so maybe she finally remembered the other grandma this year.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4