Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 12/10/2023 at 11:03 AM, Absolom said:

Are they trying to kill the kids remaining at home with an exhausted Dave driving the worn out RV?

I know!  Doesn’t she remember that her brother-in-law fell asleep, causing an accident that paralyzed her sister?

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

I don't get why DBD didn't check out the RV before the day they planned to leave. I guess there were too many compelling viewing choices on The Map. 

He lives up to his name. He doesn't do shit unless absolutely forced. He doesn't even sing happy birthday to his kids. That just raises his asshole level. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee girl is posting about plexass daily, how boring and predictable.

I just unfriended 2 people for posting all the time about selling their young living and DoTerra oils. I cannot stand using social media for that purpose!  

• Like 14
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Plexus product are true? I’m not a native english speaker so maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t that sentence makes sense.

Nah, it's a poorly chosen word. I think she's trying to convey that Plexus is not colored water. It's a way around false advertising claims. The word probably came from a list of suggested vocabulary, and Kaylee, so limited in English skills, chose that sentence.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 10

Did Kaylee run this post of Jon doing wimen work by JillyBean? I’m not sure she’s ok with showing him being a sissy, doesn’t it say in the KJV Bible that manly men don’t do housework? And poor Giddy, he’s already being ignored.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

I can’t pick on Tim’s floors etc because he had a budget and his pushy Mahmo did whatever she wanted to his house. Jill gave him $0 toward his house or decorations budget. It was all Tim’s $ and he did the best he could. 

I bet the signs were all Mahmo 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if she is trying to imply that Gideon "felt better" after a dose of Plexus.  Maybe he was sick because of the Plexus he is getting in breast milk.  I am worried for this kid.

I think he's sick because he gets dragged around to big family and other events. I'm surprised he isn't sick a lot. 

The thought of a baby getting Plexus through breast milk is scary. The Rods are probably against some or all vaccinations, yet they're OK with a baby ingesting Plexus? Poor baby. 

3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I can’t pick on Tim’s floors etc because he had a budget and his pushy Mahmo did whatever she wanted to his house. Jill gave him $0 toward his house or decorations budget. It was all Tim’s $ and he did the best he could. 

That's my feeling about the floors. Weren't we also speculating that the roof might need repair or replacement? Even if the Rod-men did it themselves (yikes!), roofing supplies are costly.

• Like 12

Timothy didn’t choose the flooring, that’s what was there when he bought the house.

It had been a rental. Here’s the before as a rental, and the after when it was put on the market:

244600BC-C947-439B-A857-EDBEE4418AE6.jpeg

AEDFF4DF-B74A-4265-8447-C23DD24600C7.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Yeah Timothy's house was a quick flip by a crappy company. Janky tile, the crappy texture spray on wall paint, no appliances, minimal exterior work etc. The listing stated seller was willing to install new metal roof for an additional $5,000 over asking.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
14 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Plexus product are true? I’m not a native english speaker so maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t that sentence makes sense.

I don’t get it, either.

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5948BE32-5E15-4DB5-A56D-540A6DD652A2.jpeg

But WHO took this picture??

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
19 minutes ago, AstridM said:

But WHO took this picture??

It was a video, presumably with a phone or camera set up across the room. Not by Jill because it didn’t include a finger, and didn’t make me sea sick while watching.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Yeah Timothy's house was a quick flip by a crappy company. Janky tile, the crappy texture spray on wall paint, no appliances, minimal exterior work etc. The listing stated seller was willing to install new metal roof for an additional $5,000 over asking.

All the more reason for me to not like the flooring.  😀 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Jill reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket in many ways, but especially when she asks for presents.  I just rewatched the episode where Hyacinth wrote Christmas to herself because she was sure the people lost or forgot her address, and she knew they wanted to send her a card.  She wrote over 100 cards to herself.  Jill makes sure she has lots of photos of people, even if they don't want to be photographed.  And she expects gifts from everyone.  She may "buy" gifts for her children, but it is amazing to me how many are given back to Jill because she is such a good mama.

These poor kids.  I really sorry for the children who are coming up.  They will be worse off than their parents

• Like 7
  • Sad 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I'd worry constantly about what's inside the walls, in the crawl space, and in the attic or whatever they have. I wouldn't be surprised if the hidden wiring and plumbing in Tim's house would make David's work in the Barndo look good. 

• Like 13
9 hours ago, awaken said:

How often is she doing these advertising posts?!

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Like every day 🙄

Not surprising. I think that's what MLMs expect their huns to do. I recently found a YT channel of Hannah Alonzo, who posts anti-MLM content, including MLM horror stories that people send into her. I've listened to a few of her videos while doing other things, and it reminded me how relentlessly the MLM reps are pushed to sign up downlines and send in orders, via incessant promoting and outreach including SM posts. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5

Each generation will be more poorly educated than the previous generation. Jill R's parents probably attended public school. Turtleneck Pat pulled her kids out of school and homeschooled them. Jill, with her education that was lacking "taught" her own 13, when she had a little time between grifting trips and vacations. Now that andKaylee is on FB, we can see how lacking her education was. Gideon has little hope for a successful future. 😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 14
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Kaylee's Plexus posts do not reflect well on Jill's home-schooling efforts. That's on Jill, not Kaylee, of course. I shudder to think of Kaylee trying to teach her children anything. Why is this kind of generational abuse legal? 

Religious persecution according to Jilldo 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It's sad to see "upward mobility" ditched, in favor of keeping one's children even more ignorant and isolated.  

Control freak parents that won't let their adult offspring run their own lives, piss me off.  Jill is a prime example of this.  

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, the Fundies didn't think this all the way through. They want their females uneducated and dependent so the males maintain their power, yet the uneducated females are teaching their males. I wonder when they'll figure this out.

And these males are going out into the world to build houses, do electrical work, fix cars and fly airplanes.  That is terrifying.

• Like 17
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, anyasmom said:

Starting to imply that the Punta Cana trip is too expensive?  Time to up the grifting game.

Oh, goody.  A resort trip tease from Jilly.  What are the chances she and Dave make it to the DR? 

I'm guessing low to none. Jill would need to pull off a fantastic grift, and she can't even get pull in enough to get the RV fixed. 

• Like 17